PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Mecca
03-22-2010, 04:53 AM
What TNA is doing would be like if Canada declared war on the United States, like the WWE the US wouldn't care or take much notice...and then on top of that Canada would have appointed a bunch of old men from WWII the generals because they have "war experience"

That's my analogy.

keg in kc
03-22-2010, 08:56 AM
What TNA is doing would be like if Canada declared war on the United States, like the WWE the US wouldn't care or take much notice...and then on top of that Canada would have appointed a bunch of old men from WWII the generals because they have "war experience"

That's my analogy.Somebody's been listening to Figure Four Daily with Lance Storm.

OmahaChief
03-22-2010, 11:11 AM
As far as quality goes (and I did watch both shows, I actually helped TNA achieve that amazing 0.8 rating), WWE has four feuds right now which are far-and-away better than anything going on in TNA right now. Michaels and Undertaker. Edge and Jericho. CM Punk and Misterio. And McMahon and Bret Hart. Which closing the show on Monday was I thought one of the best-done angles I've seen in years.

Hell, even Shaemus delivered a good promo Monday.

I personally like a couple of the fueds in TNA right now. I love the Anderson-Angel fued and the whole X-Division scene. The Abyss angle is lame but I like where they are headed with a possible stable for Flair to manage.

As for WWE...Michaels-Taker -- it is OK but I don't want to hear any WWE honks screaming about all the old guys in TNA when this and the McMahon/Hart angles are going strong in WWE. The Hart angle is the worst in wrestling right now, it bores me beyond belief. I never wanted to see those two back in the ring and now that will be at Mania. Pure crap. Edge and Jericho is another rehash of an angle they have used over the last 10 years or so. Played out. Punk- Misterio I am OK with as Punk is really growing into that role. I think the beard helps sell it.

Shamus-- not sure where to even begin with that piece of shit. That guy is horrible in the ring and out and the fact they are shoving him down our throats makes it worse.

Neither brand has got a clue at this point.

TNA has a lot of young talent but the older guys are going to need to job to them to make it work and I don't see that happening. Of course the writing is terrible...effin Abyss and his Gollum like infatuation with Hogan's ring is beyond stupid.

keg in kc
03-22-2010, 11:26 AM
I didn't watch it (and neither did anybody else, I'd imagine), but apparently the TNA ppv last night was horrendous.

TNA's going to be back on Thursdays inside of a month. That's my prediction. They're going to go down again tonight to something along the lines of 3.7 to 0.8, and it's probably going to be even worse next week when they put a taped show up against the night after Wrestlemania, likely featuring Shawn Michaels' "retirement".

They're getting destroyed, and it's not going to get any better. TNA is a great roster but they can't overcome their own writing.

As far as WWE goes, I don't think I'd agree that they have no clue. This is the strongest Wrestlemania build they've had since Trump was on the show. Even if you don't like the McMahon/Hart angle, the crowds clearly do, and people online seem to be eating it up. That's a money angle if there ever was one. Punk and Misterio the last two weeks has been the best thing in wrestling. Jericho and Edge didn't do much for me last week (why have the cutting edge a week after the highlight reel - that made no sense to me, although I think it's to protect Edge), but that match will probably be the show-stealer. Batista and Cena is as hot as anything right now, much to my surprise, because I don't particularly like either one. But Batista's heel persona right now is about on par with CM Punk - they're the best two heels in wrestling right now.

The things that aren't working are the Orton/Legacy angle, which I think I pointed out before, and Sheamus and HHH, which I have no interest in, although, again, Sheamus executed his promo last week extremely well. But balance that out with the real main events, and there's at least 4 really hot angles leading into the show Sunday (Taker/Michaels, McMahon/Hart, Cena/Batista, Punk/Misterio).

Boris The Great
03-22-2010, 12:26 PM
As for WWE...Michaels-Taker -- it is OK but I dont want to hear any WWE honks screaming about all the old guys in TNA when this and the McMahon/Hart angles are going strong in WWE.

People dont scream about the old guys in TNA simply because of their age. They do it because those guys cant wrestle passable matches or draw money anymore. Which makes their continued presence on TV a complete waste of time.

When HBK and Undertaker have a stinker of a match that nobody pays to see, then there might be a comparison to make with TNA.

OmahaChief
03-22-2010, 03:37 PM
People dont scream about the old guys in TNA simply because of their age. They do it because those guys cant wrestle passable matches or draw money anymore. Which makes their continued presence on TV a complete waste of time.

When HBK and Undertaker have a stinker of a match that nobody pays to see, then there might be a comparison to make with TNA.

I see what you did there..pretended not to notice the Hart- McMahon match.

CoMoChief
03-22-2010, 03:39 PM
How in the hell can people watch pro wrestling anymore these days. They had their glory years with Rock, Austin, Goldberg, nWo, DX, Monday night wars etc.

Now the characters are either older than shit, or are just plain retarded

Mecca
03-22-2010, 03:41 PM
That's a one off Mania match, Bret Hart isn't going to be in any storylines after that at least not as a wrestler.

There's a difference.

OmahaChief
03-22-2010, 03:45 PM
They're getting destroyed, and it's not going to get any better. TNA is a great roster but they can't overcome their own writing.

As far as WWE goes, I don't think I'd agree that they have no clue. This is the strongest Wrestlemania build they've had since Trump was on the show. Even if you don't like the McMahon/Hart angle, the crowds clearly do, and people online seem to be eating it up. That's a money angle if there ever was one. Punk and Misterio the last two weeks has been the best thing in wrestling. Jericho and Edge didn't do much for me last week (why have the cutting edge a week after the highlight reel - that made no sense to me, although I think it's to protect Edge), but that match will probably be the show-stealer. Batista and Cena is as hot as anything right now, much to my surprise, because I don't particularly like either one. But Batista's heel persona right now is about on par with CM Punk - they're the best two heels in wrestling right now.

The things that aren't working are the Orton/Legacy angle, which I think I pointed out before, and Sheamus and HHH, which I have no interest in, although, again, Sheamus executed his promo last week extremely well. But balance that out with the real main events, and there's at least 4 really hot angles leading into the show Sunday (Taker/Michaels, McMahon/Hart, Cena/Batista, Punk/Misterio).

I doubt that the people in TNA thought they were going to be pulling very high numbers when they first strated head to head. They have not even had any time to get traction in their new slot. Not sure they will with the current creative team but I will at least give them a few months to get somethign working.

That Hart-McMahon agnle might be working for he marks in the stands but it is very boring to me. I would rather see a good match with some actual wrestling. Maybe a Kofi Kingston match or for that matter a couple guys off NXT. Cena/Blahtista is another rehash. I understand they only have so many main eventers but how many times do I have to see Cena/Bautista/HHH fight one another. Enough already.

Sheamus might have cut a decent promo but fact of the matter is the guy is still a effin retard.

No doubt that Edge/Jericho will put on a good match but how many times are they going to force this fued down our throughts. This is basically the Christian/Edge fued that was years back.

To that point Christian should be getting more run than he is. He needs to be on RAW but McMahon is still punishing him for going to TNA.

OmahaChief
03-22-2010, 03:47 PM
That's a one off Mania match, Bret Hart isn't going to be in any storylines after that at least not as a wrestler.

There's a difference.

They still push - Michaels, Taker, HHH all which are about the same age as the NWO guys.

Mecca
03-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Actually, H is I believe 43 which is younger than Hall or Nash..

And frankly Taker, HBK and even Triple H to an extent can still go, if you compare them to the NWO guys they look like fucking Gods.

No one cares about the ages unless the guys show their ages, watching people like Hogan, Hall, Nash still try to wrestle is just sad, HBK and Taker can still go.

keg in kc
03-22-2010, 03:59 PM
If memory serves, Michaels and Undertaker now are about the same age as Flair and Hogan...when they were headlining WCW...

To see those guys as important figures in TNA now is just really, really sad.

As far as the Hart/McMahon angle working for the "marks in the stands", well, they're the ones paying for the product, and they outnumber you. And me. They're really the ones that count.

OmahaChief
03-22-2010, 04:17 PM
If memory serves, Michaels and Undertaker now are about the same age as Flair and Hogan...when they were headlining WCW...

To see those guys as important figures in TNA now is just really, really sad.

As far as the Hart/McMahon angle working for the "marks in the stands", well, they're the ones paying for the product, and they outnumber you. And me. They're really the ones that count.

I agree that Hogan and Flair have no business wrestling. Flair would make a great stable manager like JJ Dillion.

The problem as I see it is after WCW was bought by Vince the business went down hill. The marks are not smart enough to turn off their set or not show up after getting spoonfed the same match all the time. I think the industry needs TNA to do something so Vince will get off his ass and step up the product. I do enjoy the NXT show but find Smackdown boring on most nights.

My problem is I long for the days when the Monday Night wars were just that. That was the golden age of wrestling for me.

Mecca
03-22-2010, 04:20 PM
The WWE does not care about TNA just like about 80% of wrestling fans don't.

Whether you hate the WWE or not isn't the issue, they turn a profit, TNA doesn't and TNA repeatedly does stupid shit.

keg in kc
03-22-2010, 04:24 PM
I love NXT, it's my favorite thing in wrestling right now. If they're ever going to get fresh faces on the air, get passed recycled talent and feuds, that show is the way they can do it. Unfortunately it's only pulling a 1.0. (Which is still more than TNA.) I wish I had some idea for how they can induce more people to watch.

TNA is never going to do anything with Vince Russo in charge. I think it's more likely we'll see that company fold than see them challenge WWE in any meaningful way.

WWE is as hot right now as it has been for years, even recycling the same guys. I fully expect it to go back to dullsville once 'mania is over. Although even now it can be hit-and-miss from week-to-week or even segment-to-segment.

I think the best thing they could do is get away from carnival side-show bullshit like hornswaggle and khali, and cut back about 150% on the bad comedy, but, unfortunately for those of us over the age of 12, they're trying to be a "family" product.

What's missing in wrestling for me right now is an "adult" alternative.

OmahaChief
03-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Actually, H is I believe 43 which is younger than Hall or Nash..

And frankly Taker, HBK and even Triple H to an extent can still go, if you compare them to the NWO guys they look like ****ing Gods.

No one cares about the ages unless the guys show their ages, watching people like Hogan, Hall, Nash still try to wrestle is just sad, HBK and Taker can still go.

I was shocked to see that HHH is actually 10 years younger than Nash and Hall. Michaels and Taker are 6 years younger which was caught me off guard. They have been around forever so they seemed older.

To say Triple H can go is not saying much. Guy as three moves and one involves hitting people with a Sledge Hammer.Taker has 3 good matches a year and the rest are junk in my opinion and Michaels still puts on a show..not the Showstoppa anymore but still good.

As for people not caring about TNA, I agree. If nothing else their move to Monday night might get them som additional fans for when they move back to Thursday nights. I personally dislike the writing on both programs but like the pure wrestling on TNA better. On the Mic the guys in the WWE are head and shoulders better.

OmahaChief
03-22-2010, 04:31 PM
I love NXT, it's my favorite thing in wrestling right now. If they're ever going to get fresh faces on the air, get passed recycled talent and feuds, that show is the way they can do it. Unfortunately it's only pulling a 1.0. (Which is still more than TNA.) I wish I had some idea for how they can induce more people to watch.

TNA is never going to do anything with Vince Russo in charge. I think it's more likely we'll see that company fold than see them challenge WWE in any meaningful way.

WWE is as hot right now as it has been for years, even recycling the same guys. I fully expect it to go back to dullsville once 'mania is over. Although even now it can be hit-and-miss from week-to-week or even segment-to-segment.

I think the best thing they could do is get away from carnival side-show bullshit like hornswaggle and khali, and cut back about 150% on the bad comedy, but, unfortunately for those of us over the age of 12, they're trying to be a "family" product.

What's missing in wrestling for me right now is an "adult" alternative.

The whole guest host thing for me just has not worked. That crap worht Hornswaggle was about as bad of writing as could be. Could not agree more with the adult alternative.

keg in kc
03-22-2010, 04:33 PM
TNA's wrestling is only going to get more and more like WWE's judging by the direction they've been going since January 4th.

keg in kc
03-22-2010, 04:35 PM
The whole guest host thing for me just has not worked. I don't think it's worked for anybody. They need to either drop it or cut back on how often they have them. Weekly is just overkill, and there's really not that many c-list stars for them. Pete Rose tonight? Really?! I know he has the WWE connection but seriously...

For a long time Smackdown was the (far) better show of the two, they have the better wrestlers, but they've fallen back a little and Raw's gotten a little better.

58kcfan89
03-22-2010, 04:35 PM
I personally like a couple of the fueds in TNA right now. I love the Anderson-Angel fued and the whole X-Division scene. The Abyss angle is lame but I like where they are headed with a possible stable for Flair to manage.

As for WWE...Michaels-Taker -- it is OK but I don't want to hear any WWE honks screaming about all the old guys in TNA when this and the McMahon/Hart angles are going strong in WWE. The Hart angle is the worst in wrestling right now, it bores me beyond belief. I never wanted to see those two back in the ring and now that will be at Mania. Pure crap. Edge and Jericho is another rehash of an angle they have used over the last 10 years or so. Played out. Punk- Misterio I am OK with as Punk is really growing into that role. I think the beard helps sell it.

Shamus-- not sure where to even begin with that piece of shit. That guy is horrible in the ring and out and the fact they are shoving him down our throats makes it worse.

Neither brand has got a clue at this point.

TNA has a lot of young talent but the older guys are going to need to job to them to make it work and I don't see that happening. Of course the writing is terrible...effin Abyss and his Gollum like infatuation with Hogan's ring is beyond stupid.

LMFAO, the hell is this about? I haven't watched TNA in a long time, but this sounds hilarious. And I like Abyss.....

I didn't watch it (and neither did anybody else, I'd imagine), but apparently the TNA ppv last night was horrendous.

TNA's going to be back on Thursdays inside of a month. That's my prediction. They're going to go down again tonight to something along the lines of 3.7 to 0.8, and it's probably going to be even worse next week when they put a taped show up against the night after Wrestlemania, likely featuring Shawn Michaels' "retirement".

Pretty much agree with all of this. I've been a huge fan of Edge's since he was in the tag team a long time ago, but I don't think this face run is working. Maybe it needs more time or maybe Edge is just a naturally good heel, but I'm not a huge fan of the face turn so far. As for the Jericho-Edge match, I think it could be a classic.

I like the buildup to HBK-Taker. When I first heard about it, I thought "aww crap, HBK's gunna job again," but with the buildup, it's made me think twice. I think Sheamus is awful and don't care about his match vs. HHH, but whatever. And I usually hate Batista & Cena, but I've enjoyed Batista's promos for the most part.

As for Punk-Mysterio, I friggin' LOVE CM Punk (no homo...maybe a little). The creepy persona with the long beard and SES just works perfectly. I'm not a big fan of Rey's mic skills, but can deal with it. I'd love to see him turn heel after losing to Punk by joining the SES, but am not holding my breath.

This is the first time I've been excited for more than 1 or 2 Mania matches at a time and am considering buying a PPV for the first time in about a year and a half...

keg in kc
03-22-2010, 04:42 PM
I've been a huge fan of Edge's since he was in the tag team a long time ago, but I don't think this face run is working. Maybe it needs more time or maybe Edge is just a naturally good heel, but I'm not a huge fan of the face turn so far. As for the Jericho-Edge match, I think it could be a classic.I think it's the same problem Orton's having. It's like they're both trying to straddle the heel/face line the same way Austin did, and it's not quite working for both of them. Although I think it's for different reasons. I don't think Orton wants to be a face, and I think he's doing everything he can to sabotage it. And the writers have inadvertently helped him. I think a year or 6 months ago he'd have been the top face in WWE if they'd turned him, but now I think people have been confused (whether to boo or cheer) to the point that they've started not to care.

Whereas, with Edge, I think they've done a real poor job with execution. The whole "spear, spear" thing is kind of dick-ish to me and as you mentioned he has this natural heel charisma. But I guess somebody in the feud has to be a face, and he makes a little more sense than Jericho.

There really are some great heels in WWE right now.

SnakeXJones
03-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Does Dixie Carter still know Samoa Joe was kidnapped by Ninjas? have they abandon the storyline like everything else? This just one example why I keep watch tna just cause of the stupid shit they put out day after day the abyss & hogan angle might be the biggest head scratcher of a storyline in years ... watch when hogan signs Randy Savage to a contract when are gonna be seeing a main event of Black Machismo vs Macho Man :doh!:

BryanBusby
03-22-2010, 05:02 PM
I think it's the same problem Orton's having. It's like they're both trying to straddle the heel/face line the same way Austin did, and it's not quite working for both of them. Although I think it's for different reasons. I don't think Orton wants to be a face, and I think he's doing everything he can to sabotage it. And the writers have inadvertently helped him. I think a year or 6 months ago he'd have been the top face in WWE if they'd turned him, but now I think people have been confused (whether to boo or cheer) to the point that they've started not to care.

Whereas, with Edge, I think they've done a real poor job with execution. The whole "spear, spear" thing is kind of dick-ish to me and as you mentioned he has this natural heel charisma. But I guess somebody in the feud has to be a face, and he makes a little more sense than Jericho.

There really are some great heels in WWE right now.

The problem is you can't force the ****ing crowd to hate or like somebody. They've been trying to push Cena forever as the top likable guy and people still boo the shit out of him. Just like they couldn't force people to stop popping for Stone Cold.

The last time I saw a wrestler command the crowd on cue was The Rock vs. Hogan. It was amazing how the crowds reaction towards The Rock would change on the fly during the match.

If they didn't book heels like total pussies, this generation of wrestling would push the attitude era. They've done a very good job building up the heels, only to run them through the buzz-saw's BRUSF YO MOUF WIT KOGATE and DX.

People like Randy Orton just don't have that face look.

Mecca
03-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Cena's over just not with people our age.

SnakeXJones
03-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Cena's over just not with people our age.

He is my fav wrestler when he is injured and gone

BryanBusby
03-22-2010, 05:06 PM
and that's what makes him different from others like Austin and Hogan and they've failed because they tried hard to make him this generations Hogan/Stone Cold.

They really need to make him a heel again for awhile, but he pushes a lot of merchandise to do it.

Mecca
03-22-2010, 05:08 PM
They won't turn Cena because he still makes them a lot of money, that's the end of that debate.

BryanBusby
03-22-2010, 05:16 PM
They won't turn Cena because he still makes them a lot of money, that's the end of that debate.

pretty much

Still think Taker is going to win at WM again this year. No reason to waste a mega push they could give to a mid-carder on HBK. Retirement=few months off to rest after WM.

With a relatively select memory train, they can wheel him out again around Summerslam and everyone would have forgotten about the "retirement" clause by then. I guess Undertaker loses next WM and retires officially.

HHH seems to like Shameus and may have no problem pushing him over at WM. Jericho retains, CENA WINZ BAH GAWD CENA WINZ, Brett Hart wins in a sloppy match that should of never happened, Morrison/R-Truth win, Mysterio wins, Drew McIntyre wins MiTB.

keg in kc
03-22-2010, 05:16 PM
They've been going for a couple of years now with the "half boo me, half cheer me" thing with Cena, rather than trying to push him down everybody's throat. Like him or hate him, he's a star, and there's no way to argue that at this point. He's bigger than HHH (talk about a guy they push relentlessly...) or HBK or Undertaker or anybody else in either company. And they've managed that despite the fact that nobody male and over the age of 12 can stand him.

BryanBusby
03-22-2010, 05:19 PM
They've only gone with that method on Cena because they couldn't book him as the most likable dude ever with people chanting "**** you cena" and "you can't wrestle" in the background.

They tried forever to outright ignore it or pipe in cheers.

E: Still lol'ing over the fact they slashed the hell out of the price on Bischoffs book after he bragged over the check he received from his cut of the sales.

keg in kc
03-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Holy shit. Am I stoned, or did I just see impact begin with Eric Bischoff playing guitar and then challenging Jeff Jarret to play?

I don't think I need to say anything more about this show.

Mecca
03-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Jeff Jarrett is reverting back to his Double J character where is BG James to be the Roadie?

keg in kc
03-22-2010, 07:35 PM
They just showed the shit from the main event of the TNA PPV last night, and that has to be about the most retarded fucking shit I've ever seen.

Mecca
03-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Is Abyssamania runnin wild?

keg in kc
03-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Flair in a wheelchair is just sad.

keg in kc
03-22-2010, 07:52 PM
I think Rob Terry might be on steroids. Maybe. Possibly.

Mecca
03-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Did the roids make him get that bad haircut?

BryanBusby
03-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Did the roids make him get that bad haircut?

roidraged against the barber?

keg in kc
03-22-2010, 08:04 PM
So in a single match, WWE confirms what we already knew: Sheamus is going over HHH, Orton is going over Legacy, and nobody gives a shit about either match.

keg in kc
03-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Hey, don't miss the Wrestlemania Art Expo or the Wrestlemania Reading Rally!

keg in kc
03-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Oh noes, Mick Foley is fired. For like a week or something.

BryanBusby
03-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Batista is cutting an amazing promo

Now I'm sure he's going to lose Sunday.

dirk digler
03-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Batista is cutting an amazing promo

Now I'm sure he's going to lose Sunday.

He did? I thought it was boring as usual from Batista.

Reaper16
03-22-2010, 09:20 PM
"You're a corporate creation!" LMAO

Mile High Mania
03-22-2010, 09:22 PM
I tuned in for a bit... I liked the RVD/Hardy duo, I like that type of action in a match. Beer Money pretty much sucks, they have potential... but, I thought that show ended pretty well.

BryanBusby
03-22-2010, 09:35 PM
He did? I thought it was boring as usual from Batista.
He's generated the most fan reaction since he was originally a #1 contender for the title against HHH, but boring as usual? If you say so. Cena playing off the crowd on the fly was rather impressive too.
For a go home Raw, this one was pretty decent. TNA picked a god awful time to go head to head against Vince.

dirk digler
03-22-2010, 09:44 PM
He's generated the most fan reaction since he was originally a #1 contender for the title against HHH, but boring as usual? If you say so. Cena playing off the crowd on the fly was rather impressive too.
For a go home Raw, this one was pretty decent. TNA picked a god awful time to go head to head against Vince.

IMO he is getting alot of heel heat for what he does more than his mic work. I have just never been impressed when he starts talking.

BryanBusby
03-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Disagree completely. His mic work has done a lot to build momentum for Cena heading into Wrestlemania. If only he wasn't a complete sloth in the ring....

Reaper16
03-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Yeah, Cena's "these people have lost confidence in me" line after the "he-can't-wrest-le" chants was slick.

BryanBusby
03-22-2010, 09:57 PM
While the overall lack of titles on the line at mania is odd, it's a decent card overall. For some reason though, I just can't make myself give a shit about Orton vs. Legacy. I care more about Hart vs. Vince and I fully expect it to be a completely awful "match."

dirk digler
03-22-2010, 10:02 PM
While the overall lack of titles on the line at mania is odd, it's a decent card overall. For some reason though, I just can't make myself give a shit about Orton vs. Legacy. I care more about Hart vs. Vince and I fully expect it to be a completely awful "match."

I am sure the Hart\Vince match will have a couple of swerves in it.

I always enjoy the MIB and think that is usually one of the best matches. The HBK\Undertaker match will be pretty good as well.

big nasty kcnut
03-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Tna was great it's was great to see rvd and hardy beat beer money. Plus aj styles desmon wolfe and sting vs. abyss julio dinero and maybe joe that could be a great match.

Mecca
03-22-2010, 10:16 PM
TNA is so completely awful, this Abyss shit sucks complete dick.

They'll be out of business if they keep this up.

BryanBusby
03-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Christian vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Jack Swagger vs. Montel Vontavious Porter vs. Matt Hardy vs. Evan Bourne vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Kofi Kingston

Hmm
Christian- Midcarder fo lyfe

Ziggler- A lot has been invested into him, but they don't seem to be high on him. I don't blame them. Ziggler hasn't been interesting since the caddy for Kerwin White/Sprit Squad days. Probably a future victim of future endeavors

Kane- lol

Benjamin- gotta earn that paycheck taking huge bumps

Swagger- Buried so damn hard since hitting the Raw roster. Lisp=not likely to get that push. Too bad, I like Swagger.

MVP- A possibility. He's swarmed in mid card hell forever. If they're ever going to push him, now would be the time.

Matt Hardy- jobber 2.0

Evan Bourne- would pawn briefcase for weed money

Drew McIntyre- If he wins it, which I think he might, this is a potential candidate for first MitB winner to fail at the cash in

Kofi- They seem to have gone bipolar on Kofi. I wonder why.

58kcfan89
03-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Christian vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Jack Swagger vs. Montel Vontavious Porter vs. Matt Hardy vs. Evan Bourne vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Kofi Kingston

Hmm
Christian- Midcarder fo lyfe

Ziggler- A lot has been invested into him, but they don't seem to be high on him. I don't blame them. Ziggler hasn't been interesting since the caddy for Kerwin White/Sprit Squad days. Probably a future victim of future endeavors

Kane- lol

Benjamin- gotta earn that paycheck taking huge bumps

Swagger- Buried so damn hard since hitting the Raw roster. Lisp=not likely to get that push. Too bad, I like Swagger.

MVP- A possibility. He's swarmed in mid card hell forever. If they're ever going to push him, now would be the time.

Matt Hardy- jobber 2.0

Evan Bourne- would pawn briefcase for weed money

Drew McIntyre- If he wins it, which I think he might, this is a potential candidate for first MitB winner to fail at the cash in

Kofi- They seem to have gone bipolar on Kofi. I wonder why.

If Christian wins it, I'm willing to bet they job him out for awhile, have him lose on the cash in. Then they'll probably bury him against whichever champ for awhile and then release him.... Anyway, I doubt he wins MITB.

After that (jeez, there's a lot of guys in this match), it leaves McIntyre, MVP and Kofi as about the only three credible/legitimate wrestlers. I've been a big MVP fan for awhile, but don't really see him as being over enough to deserve a major title shot. During the Rumble, I said Kofi would win MITB, but in the last 2 months, they've pretty much done nothing with him. And I dunno why, but I can't see them giving the case to McIntyre yet..... That should be an interesting match.

Anyone else get the feeling that whoever wins it will lose eventually (see: Kennedy in 2008) or at least fail when trying to cash it in?

TrickyNicky
03-23-2010, 12:33 AM
It was stupid for TNA to have a PPV against a free UFC live card on VS. Someone should tell them they are on the same network. Also, when did TNA get rid of the terrible six-sided ring?

BryanBusby
03-23-2010, 01:54 AM
If Christian wins it, I'm willing to bet they job him out for awhile, have him lose on the cash in. Then they'll probably bury him against whichever champ for awhile and then release him.... Anyway, I doubt he wins MITB.

After that (jeez, there's a lot of guys in this match), it leaves McIntyre, MVP and Kofi as about the only three credible/legitimate wrestlers. I've been a big MVP fan for awhile, but don't really see him as being over enough to deserve a major title shot. During the Rumble, I said Kofi would win MITB, but in the last 2 months, they've pretty much done nothing with him. And I dunno why, but I can't see them giving the case to McIntyre yet..... That should be an interesting match.

Anyone else get the feeling that whoever wins it will lose eventually (see: Kennedy in 2008) or at least fail when trying to cash it in?
I'm predicting Christian won't win it as I have a feeling with DX done for awhile they will opt for a cash in on a Edge & Christian run through Summerslam. That would be fine with me, as Edge&Christian ruled.

I was thinking McIntryre as the winner because it'd give them a good opportunity to do a test drive as a main eventer. There is going to be a MitB PPV, so it's not like they can't give someone else a push.

MVP seems to be doing fine without being in the main event scene.

Would like to see Jack Swagger win it and get the hell off Raw. The Smackdown writers would do a lot for him.

SnakeXJones
03-23-2010, 03:00 AM
It was stupid for TNA to have a PPV against a free UFC live card on VS. Someone should tell them they are on the same network. Also, when did TNA get rid of the terrible six-sided ring?

It was a week in when Hogan took over he changed alot of things what needs to do is fire russo

keg in kc
03-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Swagger is purportedly out of the dog house (still not sure why he was to start with). I don't think he'll win MitB, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him pushed later in the year.

They're running a MitB pay-per-view in a couple of months (seriously) so the conjecture is that whoever wins will cash it in on Sunday.

Which, comes to think of it, would be a tremendous way to build heat for a heel. Imagine somebody cashing it in on the Undertaker right after the Michaels match.

(Which would most likely be Drew McIntyre, who the undertaker squashed last week on SD)

keg in kc
03-23-2010, 09:38 AM
New Bret Hart documentary. I haven't watched it, but it's supposedly really good.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VAAJl45o5Fc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VAAJl45o5Fc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aOGZ4znKAZU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aOGZ4znKAZU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

keg in kc
03-23-2010, 09:39 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g-uDdiyNcGo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g-uDdiyNcGo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jfe7TmA-sKY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jfe7TmA-sKY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

BigCatDaddy
03-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Swagger is purportedly out of the dog house (still not sure why he was to start with). I don't think he'll win MitB, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him pushed later in the year.

They're running a MitB pay-per-view in a couple of months (seriously) so the conjecture is that whoever wins will cash it in on Sunday.

Which, comes to think of it, would be a tremendous way to build heat for a heel. Imagine somebody cashing it in on the Undertaker right after the Michaels match.

(Which would most likely be Drew McIntyre, who the undertaker squashed last week on SD)

I think the purpose is to cash it on a shot at a heavyweight title?

keg in kc
03-23-2010, 10:01 AM
I think the purpose is to cash it on a shot at a heavyweight title?Brain fart. For some reason I was thinking taker still had the title that's on jericho.

Maybe Cena beats batista and gets screwed again.

Reaper16
03-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks for embedding that documentary, keg. It was a nice watch though pretty much a Cliffs Notes version of Bret's autobiography, Hitman.

BryanBusby
03-23-2010, 03:27 PM
TNA racked in a whopping .86 rating lol

They're losing viewers by being on Monday nights.

keg in kc
03-23-2010, 03:30 PM
TNA racked in a whopping .86 rating lol

They're losing viewers by being on Monday nights.I'm not positive, but I think their rating last thursday, a replay of that monday's program, was their normal 1.0.

It makes no sense. Or at least if you do want to run on Monday, do it an hour earlier so you have an hour to yourself.

keg in kc
03-23-2010, 03:31 PM
F4W is saying the Raw rating from last night is way down, too, (I shouldn't say "too" - the impact rating is actually higher than last week's) although they don't have a specific number yet.

keg in kc
03-23-2010, 03:37 PM
You can't make this shit up:Matt Hardy in a 4 AM video from a hot tub last night vowed that he was going to get into the best shape of his life and make 2010 the best year of his career. I hope his get in shape plan involves not staying up until 4 AM in hot tubs, otherwise it's going to be a rough road.

keg in kc
03-23-2010, 09:04 PM
I understand what they're doing with Daniel Bryan, and I know where this is (hopefully) going, but when has anybody ever gotten over with a losing streak gimmick? They've got to give him something soon. Crowds are going to turn on him (or stop caring at all) if he keeps losing, and if they keep pushing the idea that he has no charisma.

BryanBusby
03-24-2010, 01:38 AM
Botchmania crossed the line!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwG436Yrx3U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwG436Yrx3U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

E: I like this Undertaker/HBK promo more than the Cash one.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NO4LpAaZxn0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NO4LpAaZxn0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SnakeXJones
03-24-2010, 03:24 AM
Botchmania crossed the line!

<object height="340" width="560">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwG436Yrx3U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560"></object>

E: I like this Undertaker/HBK promo more than the Cash one.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NO4LpAaZxn0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

That was the best Botchamania yet! ROFL I missed that episode but pretty much every tna impact is mess

keg in kc
03-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Today's edition of Things I Never Thought I'd See:Goldberg WWE talks notes PDF Print E-mail

Bill Goldberg twittered today that he was in talks with WWE.

"Yes, I am in negotiations with the WWE. Looks like ole Hogan and TNA missed the boat. Shame for the fans they didn't even try. Anyone got any issues on the TNA side I suggest you bring it up with them. Truth is I never thought I'd even consider it...then came my son. No one said I'd wrestle but the door is open to again."

WWE contacted Goldberg some time back with an offer for an affiliation, not as a wrestler but for merchandising and a legends type of contract, perhaps using his likeness as a character in the video games, but at a completely different level than the normal legends deal.

Reaper16
03-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Today's edition of Things I Never Thought I'd See:
I hope that Goldberg and Sheamus enter a program together and they both botch a double clothesline and end up punching a hole in each other's larynx.

Chiefs4TheWin
03-25-2010, 12:14 AM
I used to be into wrestling till ECW died, (I'm from PA) but TNA going to Monday night recently, effective or not should force mcmahon to at least consider having wrestling over talking for the first hour, in that case, its effective, and worth it for the product.

Mecca
03-25-2010, 12:26 AM
The WWE does not give 2 shits about TNA or what they are doing, they will not be changing.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-25-2010, 01:36 AM
Who sings that song in the HBK/Taker promo? It's pretty cool.

That was the best Botchamania yet! ROFL I missed that episode but pretty much every tna impact is mess

big nasty kcnut
03-25-2010, 01:41 AM
Placebo

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-25-2010, 01:49 AM
Tip my cap Mr. KCnut....Running Up The Hill. Good stuff

Captain Obvious
03-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Anybody have a stream?

Reaper16
03-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Yeah, if someone has a stream post it. I'm not paying $55 for this. I will wait two months and rent the Blu-ray.

SnakeXJones
03-28-2010, 05:59 PM
download sopcast and enter the address sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/85856 not the greatest but its working couple decent matches so far

SnakeXJones
03-28-2010, 06:10 PM
nevermind that link its cutting off and on this one is great http://supersp0rt.net/channel1.html

Worst match yet - Bret Vs Vince

dirk digler
03-28-2010, 08:11 PM
shocking

Cena wins WWE Championship

SnakeXJones
03-28-2010, 08:12 PM
shocking

Cena wins WWE Championship

I am not surprised one damn bit

Ceej
03-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Pretty average PPV. Sure glad my stepdad is an avid watcher. So far, the best match was the Money in the Bank. I'm a huge fan of "gimmick" and "hardcore" matches which may ultimately lead me to purchasing next month's ppv.
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler
03-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Damn I was hoping for a swerve or something.

HBK loses

SnakeXJones
03-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Taker and HBK always puts on entertaining matches( how bald is HBK getting )

BigCatDaddy
03-28-2010, 09:12 PM
The HBK/Taker match had some nice high spots, but it wasn't what I expected I guess. I didn't see the match last year, was that one better?

SnakeXJones
03-28-2010, 09:17 PM
The HBK/Taker match had some nice high spots, but it wasn't what I expected I guess. I didn't see the match last year, was that one better?

Last Year by far but this one was decent and still was best match of wrestlemania

ChiefJustice
03-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Last Year by far but this one was decent and still was best match of wrestlemania

Rep for that link.

I am glad I didn't pay 60 bucks to see this wrestlemania.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Wrestlemania sucked

SnakeXJones
03-28-2010, 09:37 PM
It was boring atleast one match was decent

chiefscafan
03-29-2010, 08:25 AM
mAn wwe definitely needs to take a look and reinvent itself the same old crap isn't gonna work forever.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Good night sweet prince.

Mecca
03-29-2010, 08:58 PM
mAn wwe definitely needs to take a look and reinvent itself the same old crap isn't gonna work forever.

I'm gonna tell you this straight, you are not the WWE's target audience.

If you are over 20 and watching wrestling you either have to accept that you aren't what they are going for or turn it off.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-29-2010, 09:15 PM
With HBK's farewell aside...was that also the hitman's farewell?

If so....HBK farewell >>>>>>>>>> Hitman's Farewell.

HA.

big nasty kcnut
03-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Tna looked good tonight i see what they trying to do with hogan vs. bishoff. Plus loving the fact we are going to see two guys you'll never see main event wrestle who are pretty good wrestlers. HBK leaving sucks love the tip of the hat from the undertaker.

Mecca
03-29-2010, 09:19 PM
TNA sucked pretty much like it always sucks....

WWE might be boring or kid friendly, TNA is just stupid.

big nasty kcnut
03-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Mr_Tomahawk bret not leaving cause i think he will manage the hart dynasty. That was a good match vs. team showmiz

SnakeXJones
03-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Tna is just a complete mess its only watchable when they botch

Mecca
03-29-2010, 09:28 PM
At least Michaels going out this way will speak well to his memory in the business. To many Flair's or Stings out there that have hung on to long as old relic's and done unrepairable damage to their memories and legacy's because they refused to retire.

Michaels even today can still go which is more than I can say for numerous guys still hanging on.

Reaper16
03-29-2010, 09:31 PM
I forgot to watch RAW tonight since I didn't watch 'Mania. Do people make torrents of RAW episodes?

SnakeXJones
03-29-2010, 09:32 PM
At least Michaels going out this way will speak well to his memory in the business. To many Flair's or Stings out there that have hung on to long as old relic's and done unrepairable damage to their memories and legacy's because they refused to retire.

Michaels even today can still go which is more than I can say for numerous guys still hanging on.

It should be a great memory it seemed planned out well and didnt sting wanted to reetire but tna just kept offering him more money?

Mecca
03-29-2010, 09:33 PM
You didn't miss a whole lot, I'm sure HBK's farewell speech will be on youtube before long.

SnakeXJones
I forgot to watch RAW tonight since I didn't watch 'Mania. Do people make torrents of RAW episodes?

its gets uploaded on youtube usually the next day

Mecca
It should be a great memory it seemed planned out well and didnt sting wanted to reetire but tna just kept offering him more money?

If Sting had retired when WCW went under, or even waited it out and done a Mania match with say the Rock, he'd be FAR FAR FAR more well remembered than he is today.

SnakeXJones
03-29-2010, 09:41 PM
If Sting had retired when WCW went under, or even waited it out and done a Mania match with say the Rock, he'd be FAR FAR FAR more well remembered than he is today.

I would of payed to see that I would of loved to see the old Stinger in his colorish make up then his somewhat crow gimmick

Mile High Mania
03-29-2010, 09:43 PM

Michaels is just 44 and Sting is 51... Michaels debuted in 1984, with Sting coming along in 1985. I don't think Sting has hung on too long, it's just that the energy died with WCW.

It's hard for me to fathom that 'Taker is only 45... debuted the same year as Shawn.

Mecca
03-29-2010, 09:44 PM
You know what else I'll never understand, I have friends who do this.

They watch wrestling, say everything sucks, nothing is good, then talk about the good ole days. If it's really bothering you that much, turn it off, I mean shit it's suppose to be a fun hobby not fucking life or death.

That shit gets old after awhile, also there should be a quick realization to everyone. If you are over the age of 18 and you still watch wrestling, you are a very very stark minority and wrestling is not catered to you right now.

Mr_Tomahawk
It'll be weird if HBK stays retired...

The Rockers are one of my first memories when I first started to watch rassling...

Mecca
Michaels is just 44 and Sting is 51... Michaels debuted in 1984, with Sting coming along in 1985. I don't think Sting has hung on too long, it's just that the energy died with WCW.

It's hard for me to fathom that 'Taker is only 45... debuted the same year as Shawn.

The ages aren't the huge deal to me, Taker and HBK wrestling into their 40's have done nothing to hurt their memories, a guy like Flair destroyed his.

SnakeXJones
03-29-2010, 09:48 PM
You know what else I'll never understand, I have friends who do this.

They watch wrestling, say everything sucks, nothing is good, then talk about the good ole days. If it's really bothering you that much, turn it off, I mean shit it's suppose to be a fun hobby not ****ing life or death.

That shit gets old after awhile, also there should be a quick realization to everyone. If you are over the age of 18 and you still watch wrestling, you are a very very stark minority and wrestling is not catered to you right now.

I never said that I just said i would love to see that but i dont perfer the "Stinger" than his crow gimmick or crow to the stinger I loved them both

dirk digler
03-29-2010, 09:48 PM

Wow I didn't know Taker was 45. I figured he was in his 50's.

SnakeXJones
03-29-2010, 09:49 PM
The ages aren't the huge deal to me, Taker and HBK wrestling into their 40's have done nothing to hurt their memories, a guy like Flair destroyed his.

No question flair has made a decent in his career but the man is always hurting for money thats all he cares about

Mecca
03-29-2010, 09:51 PM
I never said that I just said i would love to see that but i dont perfer the "Stinger" than his crow gimmick or crow to the stinger I loved them both

That wasn't really directed at you so much as people who feel they must be "cool net smark" fans and hate basically everything just because.

I will just never understand the point of watching something if you seemingly hate it.

dirk digler
03-29-2010, 09:53 PM
On a side not I like that they are making Orton a face but not a cheesy one.

Reaper16
03-29-2010, 09:56 PM
The last time I watched an episode of RAW all the way through was maybe the one where Bob Barker was the guest host. WWE programming, apart from a few glimmers of hope on Smackdown, bores the shit out of me. So I don't watch it anymore.

Which makes me very sad. Honestly sad. I LOVE pro wrestling.

Mecca
03-29-2010, 09:58 PM
The last time I watched an episode of RAW all the way through was maybe the one where Bob Barker was the guest host. WWE programming, apart from a few glimmers of hope on Smackdown, bores the shit out of me. So I don't watch it anymore.

Which makes me very sad. Honestly sad. I LOVE pro wrestling.

See that's fine, you don't like what they're doing so you don't watch it even though you like wrestling.

I know people that watch every second of their programming then talk about how they hate it for 3 hours a day.

I'm not a huge fan of what they're doing right now either but I've always understood I'm not the WWE's base audience or target demo so you get what you get.

SnakeXJones
03-29-2010, 09:59 PM
That wasn't really directed at you so much as people who feel they must be "cool net smark" fans and hate basically everything just because.

I will just never understand the point of watching something if you seemingly hate it.

Oh ok! I was just saying anyways Im just a person who likes to throw old school ideas into new school ones like everybody else but it does get old

Mecca
03-29-2010, 10:01 PM
You know what's worse than that?

People who don't like the WWE and are TNA fans just because of that...when frankly as bad as the WWE may be, TNA makes the WWE look like the hottest shit in town.

SnakeXJones
03-29-2010, 10:03 PM
You know what's worse than that?

People who don't like the WWE and are TNA fans just because of that...when frankly as bad as the WWE may be, TNA makes the WWE look like the hottest shit in town.

It's the perfect example on why it shouldnt be in wrestling today or the future it doesnt work nor will it ever will worst thing tna has done was to sign hogan and it shows

I just read the nasty boys was released from tna they shouldnt even been on there in the first place they was horrible in their prime

Jerm
03-29-2010, 10:22 PM
TNA has guys like Styles, Samoa friggin Joe, Daniels, RVD, Hardy, Wolfe, Angle, the MCMGs etc. and yet their product is still shit.

All you need to know.

Sadly they're going down the WCW route and it'll kill them in the end too.

Too bad because if they had competent writers and would focus on the great workers they have, it wouldn't be that bad of a show.

Mecca
03-29-2010, 10:24 PM
No matter how talented your roster is, if you have no charisma or idea how to use them it's not going to matter.

Jerm
03-29-2010, 10:26 PM
No matter how talented your roster is, if you have no charisma or idea how to use them it's not going to matter.

Exactly my point...instead we get guys like Hogan, Flair, Jarrett, Nash, Hall, Waltman, Foley, etc.

Same old shit.

They don't have a clue.

SnakeXJones
03-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Firing Russo would be a great start

Mecca
03-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Well to be perfectly honest with you, most casual fans of wrestling or well the ones you need to do better than a 1, don't care about midgets flipping around the ring.

Us minority fans like talent, casual fans like guys who have charisma.

Samoa Joe would never in a million years mainevent a top national promotions show.

SnakeXJones
03-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Well to be perfectly honest with you, most casual fans of wrestling or well the ones you need to do better than a 1, don't care about midgets flipping around the ring.

Samoa Joe would never in a million years mainevent a top national promotions show.

Finally somebody agrees with me Samoa Joe should be in ROH just collecting a check

Jerm
03-29-2010, 10:31 PM

I think he could in the right situation...I mean look at some of the guys Vince somehow manages to get over, if even for a short bit.

Hell Punk has turned himself into the best heel in the biz...great worker plus given material that is tailor made for him and that he can mold.

Russo just has a hard on for doing the most bizarre shit possibly...I have no idea what he's thinking 99.9% of the time.

Mecca
03-29-2010, 10:39 PM
CM Punk has charisma...and he's a pretty good worker.

Samoa Joe for 1 is fat, and like it or not when your body looks like that it immediately hurts you or puts you in 1 of a few gimmicks. No one takes you seriously as serious wrestler badass when you look like you can't put your fork down and workout.

For 2 he looks like he manages a Sam Goody.

For 3 he made his name on the indies having smaller guys bump their asses off for him and take his stiff shots.

TNA has a lot of small guys so he looks big..if he was on WWE TV he'd look like a short fat guy.

TrickyNicky
03-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Reaper, have you ever thought about watching Puro?

Mecca
03-29-2010, 11:51 PM
Even Puro is down, it's nothing like it was in the 90's but you can only take so many repeated head drops before it's gotta tone down.

TrickyNicky
03-29-2010, 11:55 PM
Yeah it is down. But the great thing about Puro is that there is about 15 (1990-2005) years of great wrestling to work your way through.

Mecca
03-29-2010, 11:57 PM
In some ways I have a hard time watching some of those 90's All Japan stuff, sure the matches are phenomenal and the Kings Road style is just completely brutal to work but then you realize what became of those guys...

Misawa's dead largely because he continued to wrestle, Kobashi is basically crazy...etc etc.

TrickyNicky
03-30-2010, 12:03 AM
Misawa shouldn't have been wrestling at that point. But, with the culture and mentality of the Japanese, I am not surprised he put himself at risk to keep the company afloat.

Mecca
03-30-2010, 12:06 AM
The thing is if before that happened you told me a prominent Japanese wrestler would die in the ring I'd have said Kobashi with 100% certainty, I always thought he'd end up that way.

That guy if you showed him to any non wrestling fan they'd wonder if he was out of his mind.

KcMizzou
03-30-2010, 12:12 AM
As a guy who's never been a fan of pro wrestling, I have to say.. this thread is fascinating.

At one point, people believed it was real (I guess), and now that it's common knowledge that it's not... it's morphed into a completely different thing.

Hell, there's enough wrasslin' terminology that it seems like it's own language.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin'... it's just interesting.

TrickyNicky
03-30-2010, 12:13 AM
They both have been dumped on their necks countless times. I think Misawa got the worst of it because he was THE MAN as soon as Jumbo started to wind down. From like 1992 to 2003, his upper spine probably compacted and slipped discs from the constant head-drops, but he never got them fused or anything.

Mecca
03-30-2010, 12:16 AM
As a guy who's never been a fan of pro wrestling, I have to say.. this thread is fascinating.

At one point, people believed it was real (I guess), and now that it's common knowledge that it's not... it's morphed into a completely different thing.

Hell, there's enough wrasslin' terminology that it seems like it's own language.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin'... it's just interesting.

There is a lot of wrestling terminology but what you see here is basically "smark discussion" of smart fans who realize what goes on backstage and all that jazz.

There are still plenty of fans who know it's fake but aren't really in the know so to speak. If you talked about wrestling the way I talk about it with a huge number of fans they'd look at you like you had snakes growing out of your head.

If you like MMA you'd probably like watching All Japan matches from the 90's they were stiff as fuck, stiff means they really hit each other by the way.

Mecca
03-30-2010, 12:17 AM
They both have been dumped on their necks countless times. I think Misawa got the worst of it because he was THE MAN as soon as Jumbo started to wind down. From like 1992 to 2003, his upper spine probably compacted and slipped discs from the constant head-drops, but he never got them fused or anything.

Well Kobashi I always thought took more than anyone else because deep down he had that desire to prove he fit in. Mainly because at that time in Japan almost all the pro wrestlers were guys from real sports like Misawa was a 2 time amateur wrestling champion and all of that...

Kobashi was really just a fan, I always thought he took way more to try to prove he belonged.

TrickyNicky
03-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Kobashi at least took time off when his knees gave out. Misawa broke his fucking orbital (facial bone) and still wrestled to complete the Carnival (round-robin tournament going for weeks).

Mecca
03-30-2010, 12:25 AM
And then, there's Kawada who essentially thought he got fucked over because he was the most talented of everyone yet Misawa was always pushed above him.

Mecca
03-30-2010, 12:27 AM
And I think there's something out there in wrestling for just about everyone, if you like any kind of sport of athletic thing I could find something in wrestling you would like...some of it might be 15 years old or from another country but it's out there.

Reaper16
03-30-2010, 12:32 AM
Yes. I am familiar with Puro. Lovely, lovely matches in that there island nation of Japan.

TrickyNicky
03-30-2010, 12:34 AM
BTW, If anyone wants a link to Ditch's puro archives, let me know and I'll PM it to you.

Mecca
03-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Ditch that guy from the DVDVR board?

If he actually has links to videos I'll take that...

Reaper16
03-30-2010, 12:41 AM
PM sent faster than internet dirtsheets attribute any loss to that wrestler being "in the doghouse."

Jerm
03-30-2010, 07:56 AM
BTW, If anyone wants a link to Ditch's puro archives, let me know and I'll PM it to you.

Yes please. :toast:

SnakeXJones
03-30-2010, 04:31 PM
well Good ol' JR probably wont announce again but it gonna be extremely difficult to find a voice and calling of the match like he did

Basileus777
03-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Raw 3.7
Impact 0.6

...Ouch.

SnakeXJones
03-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Raw 3.7
Impact 0.6

...Ouch.

wow i thought for sure it was gonna close to atleast 1.0 thats just bad

Mecca
03-30-2010, 08:04 PM
It's about as expected to be honest.

Basileus777
03-30-2010, 08:08 PM
It's about as expected to be honest.

It just highlights how bad TNA's business decisions are. Why would you go up against the WWE right around Wrestlemania? Why would you take the 9pm time slot?

Mecca
03-30-2010, 08:11 PM
It just highlights how bad TNA's business decisions are. Why would you go up against the WWE right around Wrestlemania? Why would you take the 9pm time slot?

Because they're fucking stupid, simple as that.

SnakeXJones
04-03-2010, 04:14 PM
RIP Chris Kanyon

Mecca
04-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Who better than Kanyon....I could take that so many bad ways..

Reaper16
04-03-2010, 04:22 PM
"Who deader than Kanyon?"

"Better check his body for rigor Mortis."

Mecca
04-03-2010, 04:23 PM
James Van Den Berg's traveling oddities just took a major hit.

chiefscafan
04-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Ok I was told to put this here

I know the raitings won't show it but TNA put on a better program last night
Yes I know most of the RAW roster was stuck in europe, but the show must go on and WWE did an admirable job trying to go on with the show. However it was the same boring crap funny kid shtick that's been on every week.

Now as I said unfortunately the raitings won't show it probably but TNA s show was so much better. First all the surprises such as a hardy vs rvd number one contenders match. That match alone could carry the show, but to then have the championship match that same night wow!

To match RVD vs AJ styles in a high flying electryfying match for the title was genius. Then to have a surprise fourth member of team hogan be soma Joe who destroyed team flair single hadedly hogan, bischoff, and russo out did themselves. They brought back the bad ass sumoa Joe back. The crowd brought the old cheer back joes gonna kill . Then to have him just leave the ring like I don't need anyones help brilliant.

Unfourtunately as I said the raitings won't show it but last night I think as hogan said they raised the bar. Maybe this will make Vince really go all out for the draft show next week only one can hope.

SnakeXJones
04-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Swagger has the weirdest lisp i ever heard

BryanBusby
04-27-2010, 04:31 AM
Want to see an awesome promo become even more awesome?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oNNP5SLnE4

Turn on closed captioning. It's well worth it.

SnakeXJones
05-22-2010, 09:03 PM
So scott hall old drunken ass got arrested not surprised

WildTurkey
05-22-2010, 09:16 PM
So scott hall old drunken ass got arrested not surprised

Sad.... he could've been one of the all time greats if he wasn't such a drunk :shake:

SnakeXJones
05-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Sad.... he could've been one of the all time greats if he wasn't such a drunk :shake:

It's sad he still has a job also and yet throws each chance he gets in the toilet had so much talent(used to) and a 10 cent brain (always)

BryanBusby
05-30-2010, 03:56 AM
best promo ever

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/53hiHAkK6KA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/53hiHAkK6KA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BryanBusby
06-08-2010, 01:46 AM
I thought tonights Raw was going to suck, but man did that ending do a complete 180 for the entire show. I'd like to see the nXt rookies pull in more younger wrestlers and make a 21st century nWo.

big nasty kcnut
06-08-2010, 02:01 AM
They should have bryan danielson as the leader. Lose the boxer dude and the black john cena. add the mike rotunda kids. Plus kaval. You'll have something.

keg in kc
06-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Raw absolutely sucked for 2 hours and 45 minutes, but that ending was just surreal. After starting as a pretty cool show (for about 3 weeks), NXT completely went to shit, and all they've done is bury all of those guys for months and months and months, and in doing so, essentially expose how none of them save Danielson (who they buried 6 miles under the earth) and Barret have any business being on WWE television. To have them come out like that and destroy everybody was something I never in a million years would have seen coming. I'm really interested to see where they go from here.

A lot of things don't really make sense when you think about it. Why would those guys team up, when they never showed an iota of comraderie during the competition? What is Daniel Bryan? One week he's teasing heel, the next week he's a face, last night again he's a heel (although I loved his "you're not better than me" stuff to Cena). And will they let these guys build any momentum? And if so, how? Because nobody but Bryan is anywhere close to ready for a high-profile match against an established WWE superstar. And it's going to take wins against 'real superstars' to establish the NXT guys as superstars in their own right. Who's going to be willing to job to these guys?

I think it could be a great angle that's really good for the WWE if they follow through with it, and maybe something good will actually come out of Batista leaving, and Orton and Undertaker going down. But the cynical side of me expects that Cena will come out next monday with a posse of his own and just wipe the NXT losers out...

Either way, it was a pretty fantastic bizarre fifteen minutes of television, and hopefully it's the start of a new direction for the company, and not a hotshot one off.

keg in kc
06-08-2010, 03:26 PM
For those who didn't see it:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oA0IwIMrLxU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oA0IwIMrLxU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Mosbonian
06-08-2010, 03:42 PM
I guess I don't agree with everyone....I thought the ending reeked of McMahon trying to recreate the "nwo experience" which has been highly over-used by every wrestling promotion. I found the last 15 minutes to be totally without any sense of direction.

I think WWE thought people were getting bored and decided to throw in a curve. All they did was deliver a waist-high fastball to Albert Pujols with the bases jammed and a 1-run lead.

This one has been done...way too much...and bores those of us who have seen it countless times.

mmaddog

BigRock
06-10-2010, 03:24 AM
I love you lacey von erich

Hey look! Nipples!

nsfw should go without saying
http://www.imagebam.com/image/eebcc783888658
http://www.imagebam.com/image/9135e283888673
http://www.imagebam.com/image/d25ed883888702
http://www.imagebam.com/image/abf80683888717
http://www.imagebam.com/image/ba54d183888685
http://www.imagebam.com/image/8f8f7583888690
http://www.imagebam.com/image/88afda83888694
http://www.imagebam.com/image/19b96c83888708
http://www.imagebam.com/image/58b56d83888712
http://www.imagebam.com/image/abf80683888717
http://www.imagebam.com/image/d3e75c83888724
http://www.imagebam.com/image/5b304883888728

King_Chief_Fan
06-10-2010, 06:48 AM
Rasslin is pretend.......right?:eek:

keg in kc
06-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Danielson was reportedly fired last night. The story is that someone outside of WWE (connected to USA network? Mattel? Linda's campaign? I don't know...) complained about his choking of Justin Roberts with the necktie on Monday. It's probably not a work - everybody in the WWE front office top to bottom has purportedly been told that it's legit.

So less than a week after the most talked-about angle in a decade, they fire one of the key members of the heel stable they're trying to build, the only one that can actually wrestle, so they can maintain their "PG show" bullshit.

If this is the case, I'm done with WWE.

(I guess I'm done either way; it would be just as stupid if this is a work)

big nasty kcnut
06-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Maybe a work but if it isn't then its just stupid but if it is a work think about it micheal cole resting but then from behind bryan danielson come out and attack him then attack king then the nxt guys come out and give a great promo for the attack. it would rules.

Boris The Great
06-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Obviously a bullshit situation, but it sounds like they didnt have a choice. Meltzer says whoever was pissed off wanted a head on a stake.

You can blame them being PG, but go back to 2000 (obviously not PG yet) when Coke pulled out as a sponsor. What did they do? They cleaned up the show, got rid of Godfather and Val Venis (the characters), and stopped doing anything edgy.

Vince talked tough and made fun of the Parents group with Steven Richards and all that, but at the end of the day he had to kiss the asses of the sponsors and partners. Looks like the same thing here.

Meltzer also says they want to bring Danielson back when this blows over, so hopefully thats soon.

keg in kc
06-12-2010, 06:38 PM
The real bullshit is that Danielson gets to pay the price, when odds are everything he did was scripted. And nobody on the production team is apparently in any trouble. The producer is ultimately the guy that put it on the air, but Kevin Dunn's apparently fine.

(Which is also the argument for it being a work).

And yeah, it may be like the Matt Hardy "firing" a few years back. But whatever it is, it's about 110% stupid to do it inside of a week of the beatdown.

(p.s. why wasn't Heath Slater fired for choking Cena with the ring rope?)

I guess Monday will be the answer. Whether or not he's mysteriously removed from all the video of the angle.

And if it is a work, why fire just him, and not the entire NXT crew.

TrickyNicky
06-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Ditch said it was specifically because of the necktie or something. Zero tolerance because of the Benoit murders. Still may turn out to be a work.

BigRock
06-12-2010, 09:59 PM
It's a day old now, but I just listened to Dave Meltzer's audio update and he literally said the firing was forced upon WWE. He also made reference to another ongoing situation (a complaint, I guess) involving a much bigger star that's apparently even dumber than this incident is.

It should be interesting to see who's lobbing these complaints. And how long Vince puts up with it.

But what a bunch of shit. Who up and demands that a guy get fired like this? The balls of it. Which would be ironic if it's Mattel, with the lack of genitalia on their dolls and all.

keg in kc
06-13-2010, 08:51 PM
John Cena's twitter (http://twitter.com/wwejcena?) from this afternoon (this is real, I just copied it myself - edited it together to make a coherent statement):I am very upset to hear about the release of bryan danielson. Social networks were formed so people would have a voice, and an opinon. I Know you all have your own, theories and whatnot. I respect that. I have never asked any of you to feel a certaint way about me. But Bryan left a lasting impression on the wwe universe in a very short time, and although it came at my expense, I agree with the majority Of you who are caught off guard by this choice. I know I'm not exactly appreciated by all, nor do I care to be, but I believe what I believe. I would like bryan to come back to the wwe. I would like to sign your petition to bring him back. I was taught to stand up for what I beileve in. I tried and failed, so I could Use some help. Tell me how to sign and I will. If for nothing else, to at least have a chance to have a match with him after what was done. I know that seems a bit more fair. Give me a chance to have a fair match with him, and give him yet another chance to prove that he does Belong with us. Sorry for the long message, I know I am probally way out of line, I am sorry if I have offended anyone. But like me or not That is what Hustle. Loyalty. And most importantly Respect means to me. Enjoy game 5. Now I have no idea if he's in character or not, or if this is a work or not, but my guess is (still) that Danielson has been legitimately fired, and that Cena is breaking keyfabe (to a degree). Although who knows, until tomorrow night.

Either way, this is something I meant to say the other day before the "firing" went down: I've really started to become a fan of Cena over the last two weeks for some of what he's done. One week he does everything he can to push Evan Bourne. The next week he does a stretcher job to get over the NXT rookies. And I really respect that he was willing to do that. I'm not sure how many guys in his position would...

keg in kc
06-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Watch it until the end...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/POdgyvgh0Ps&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/POdgyvgh0Ps&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

LMAO

TrickyNicky
06-13-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm thinking its a work.

per Ditch "WWE is now mandating the use of twitter by all wrestlers in order to push storylines."

keg in kc
06-13-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm not saying it's impossible that it's a work, but you'd think, in that case, that Cena would be more fire and brimstone out for revenge. Rather than saying he's upset by the firing and hoping they "bring him back so we can have a match and he can prove he belongs with us."

That's what I meant by reading as somewhat breaking kayfabe to me....

Unless now the idea is that Cena himself is going to jump to the NXT stable because he's so appalled by WWE's treatment of Danielson.

(Plus he did call him Danielson...wouldn't a story tweet use his WWE name?)

Either way, this is all so bizarre...

keg in kc
06-13-2010, 09:27 PM
From a smackdown house show report:CM Punk vs. Kane
Punk beat on Kane most of the match, which actually made sense since each time he got some offense, one of the SES on the outside would cut him off. Kane ended up winning clean w/ a Chokeslam in the center. Punk was AWESOME here for two reasons... 1) when he entered the ring he cornered announcer Tony Chimmel, grabbed Tony's tie and held it while looking back and forth at the tie and Chimmel's face, talking in a VERY threatening manner... ROFL

BigRock
06-14-2010, 01:55 AM
Whether it's legitimate or not, it seems at this point like Dave by god Meltzer really doesn't have any idea what's happening. So credit to them for... something. I guess.

Swanman
06-14-2010, 11:22 AM
If the Danielson firing is indeed real, what utter horseshit that is. The rooks were most likely given the instruction to go down to ringside and wreak havoc. If the Justin Roberts thing wasn't written down in the script, it at least falls into the category of wreaking havoc and added to the scene of wanton destruction.

If TNA has a quarter of a brain (they probably don't), they bring Bryan in on day 90.000001 and put the belt on him. Then let him, Joe, AJ, Machine Guns, Nigel and the other good young talent take over the show and tear the house down. But of course they won't do that, they'll have him jobbing to Sharkboy or some bullshit.

BryanBusby
06-14-2010, 11:29 PM
When I first turned on Raw tonight and heard his name get dropped in a promo, I thought it was a work. Than I watched the "wonderful" ending and became confused.

Choking someone with a tie= We gotta fire ya man
Reckless driving and attempted manslaughter= A'OK

Normally this would make me believe it is in fact a work, but Vince is insane enough to actually think this. I'm afraid it may be legitimate.

Swanman
06-15-2010, 07:16 AM
When I first turned on Raw tonight and heard his name get dropped in a promo, I thought it was a work. Than I watched the "wonderful" ending and became confused.

Choking someone with a tie= We gotta fire ya man
Reckless driving and attempted manslaughter= A'OK

Normally this would make me believe it is in fact a work, but Vince is insane enough to actually think this. I'm afraid it may be legitimate.

I think the Danielson firing is just Vince bowing down to USA Network. They wanted a head on a stick, so they got Dragon's.

The hypocrisy is staggering, considering last night's events. Choking a man with a tie for like 5 seconds is somehow so much worse than kidnap/grand theft auto/aggravated assault.

Hopefully WWE brings Dragon back once USA settles down and he gets rewarded with a nice big push as a payback to getting screwed over like that. Knowing Vince, that probably won't happen.

Al Bundy
06-28-2010, 08:17 PM
I saw that one coming from a mile away.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-28-2010, 08:21 PM
I haven't watched this in months. Now I remember why.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-28-2010, 08:24 PM
LMAO The best part of Raw tonight was the commercial with The Big Show and Neal Caffrey from White Collar.

Awkward.

Reaper16
06-28-2010, 08:27 PM
LMAO The best part of Raw tonight was the commercial with The Big Show and Neal Caffrey from White Collar.

Awkward.
That commercial was hilarious. Mostly because the beer I'm drinking right now has the same aroma and flavor components (among others) that the wine described by Big Show does: berries, mocha and oak.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-28-2010, 08:47 PM
That commercial was hilarious. Mostly because the beer I'm drinking right now has the same aroma and flavor components (among others) that the wine described by Big Show does: berries, mocha and oak.

White Collar is probably one of the best shows that people have never heard of.

Reaper16
06-28-2010, 08:48 PM
White Collar is probably one of the best shows that people have never heard of.
If it aired right after Burn Notice then everyone would be on its dick.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-28-2010, 08:49 PM
If it aired right after Burn Notice then everyone would be on its dick.

I'm too lazy to go rep random people in order to rep you again. Just know that the thought was there.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Oh fuck yes!!!

Bowser
06-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Oh fuck yes!!!Suprise bj from the Mrs.?

Mr. Flopnuts
06-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Suprise bj from the Mrs.?

Nice thought, but it was just my exclamation over seeing that White Collar is going to start their new season on 7-13.

I'm really not trying to hijack this thread, but I am. Blame Vince McMahon for putting this bullshit on.

Farzin
07-16-2010, 04:46 PM
http://web14.twitpic.com/img/130853051-160548aa88d8106d19f8888ec39055b3.4c40dd68-scaled.jpg

Buck
07-28-2010, 12:30 PM
I need help identifying the guy on the top right (just to the left of the smackdown logo).

So far people have guessed Road Dogg, Big Boss Man, Shane Helms (but he is also in the picture on the left so I don't think its him), and Santino Marella. I don't think any of these are right.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs249.snc4/39799_412417747414_691042414_4740027_3134192_n.jpg

keg in kc
08-09-2010, 04:14 PM
During the 2010 NWA Legends FanFest in Charlotte, Nc a guest ring announcer called Bryan Danielson the Ultimate Dragon instead of American Dragon. This was Danielson's Response!<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1dOKHS_6QFU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1dOKHS_6QFU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BigRock
08-09-2010, 05:21 PM
I need help identifying the guy on the top right (just to the left of the smackdown logo).

So far people have guessed Road Dogg, Big Boss Man, Shane Helms (but he is also in the picture on the left so I don't think its him), and Santino Marella. I don't think any of these are right.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs249.snc4/39799_412417747414_691042414_4740027_3134192_n.jpg

It's THE BASH MAN Doug Basham, if you were still wondering.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/d/dougbasham/10.jpg

SnakeXJones
08-09-2010, 06:06 PM
<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1dOKHS_6QFU&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object> HO KOGAN!!!

Ultra Peanut
08-15-2010, 08:24 PM
like omg this was THE show to watch for the first time in a looooooong time

Reaper16
08-15-2010, 09:20 PM
I haven't watched WWE programming since "Bryan Daniel" was fired. Now that he's back I might watch again. Especially since I'm starting a collaborative writing project with a poet and a lyric essayist here in Tuscaloosa that will look at pro wrestling year-by-year since '86.

Mecca
08-15-2010, 09:43 PM
And the Nexus guys lost, way to book an angle there.

big nasty kcnut
08-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Well something going to happen we didn't hear from the mysterious gm on summerfest.

BryanBusby
08-16-2010, 01:25 AM
And the Nexus guys lost, way to book an angle there.

No way were they going to avoid being thrown to the buzzsaw of BRUSF YO MOUF WIT COGATE

Swanman
08-16-2010, 07:30 AM
I watched a short youtube clip and Dragon was put over bigtime, which is good. It's good that he was rewarded for being the bullshit fall guy when USA got all butthurt over the "non-PG" violence during the first Nexus beatdown.

It warmed my heart to hear Taz calling for the cattle mutilation during the match. It's also very telling that the E is letting Dragon use the crossface.

keg in kc
08-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Could the 900th raw possibly have been any more lame? Jesus.

BryanBusby
08-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Good things from it:
1. Alberto Del Rio doing his own thing during a match, like it wasn't even happening. That owned pretty damn hard.
2. CM Punk promo also owned.
3. WWE finally did the ending they should of done at Summerslam.

keg in kc
08-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Unfortunately they spent 2 hours cutting NXT's balls off leading up to that match. A supposedly 'weakened' undertaker was beating them 5 on 1 until Kane helped, or did whatever was done when the lights were out. (That whole segment was just brutally bad).

I haven't watched smackdown in months, so it was good to see Punk, but damn that segment seemed to drag on forever. The part with the Austin music was great, though. Laughed my ass off.

I'm still trying to figure out what they're doing with Danielson. I mean, I know what they're doing, they're going to give him Miz's US title while Miz goes up to the main event, but beyond Summerslam, they haven't done much to build him as a challenger. You'd think they could let him not get outsmarted by Miz some week or another. The only time he's gotten any shots in on Miz was after Cena laid him out. He's still losing every match they put him, for whatever reason. Sometimes I wonder how fresh it might feel to bring back the idea of a badass shoot-style wrestler a la Benoit (yeah, yeah, I know...) or Malenko from the WCW days. Somebody who can overcome the size disadvantage that they seem to go out of their way to harp by just being nasty in the ring. But I know what the odds of that are.

The thing that stands out the most right now is just how little they actually have. You see Rock and Austin and Michaels and even HHH (who I wouldn't mind never seeing again, frankly...) and it's clear how none of the guys on the roster are really stars of any magnitude. Even Cena seemed second rate tonight. The way they've booked for the last few years has killed everything. Wins don't matter, booking is all even-steven (superCena excluded), and we're stuck with the same boring feuds over and over. The best guys (Jericho in particular) are never given real title pushes, they're treated like jokes and held just above the mid-card. Too much entertainment, not enough sports. Sigh.

Swanman
08-31-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what they're doing with Danielson. I mean, I know what they're doing, they're going to give him Miz's US title while Miz goes up to the main event, but beyond Summerslam, they haven't done much to build him as a challenger. You'd think they could let him not get outsmarted by Miz some week or another. The only time he's gotten any shots in on Miz was after Cena laid him out. He's still losing every match they put him, for whatever reason. Sometimes I wonder how fresh it might feel to bring back the idea of a badass shoot-style wrestler a la Benoit (yeah, yeah, I know...) or Malenko from the WCW days. Somebody who can overcome the size disadvantage that they seem to go out of their way to harp by just being nasty in the ring. But I know what the odds of that are.

The Miz/Dragon booking is puzzling at times. Obviously they are building to Dragon taking the strap off of him as the payoff. But at the same time, they are doing the patented Vince move of "you made your name elsewhere so you will basically look like a bitch for the better part of a year so my ego can be massaged". At least for the most part Dragon isn't losing cleanly to inferior competition, it's usually through Miz-erference.

The Benoit comparisons are obvious, with Dragon using the crossface as his finisher, although I wish he would use cattle mutilation too. His main draw in the indies was that he had like 729 finishing moves, but I know WWE likes to book guys to have just one finisher, two if you are super special.

Hopefully Low Ki wins season 2 of NXT (I am not calling him Kaval). That will put another small asskicker in WWE. I have been watching 2003 Era Low Ki from ROH and holy shit he would just destroy people.

Reaper16
08-31-2010, 10:53 AM
The Miz/Dragon booking is puzzling at times. Obviously they are building to Dragon taking the strap off of him as the payoff. But at the same time, they are doing the patented Vince move of "you made your name elsewhere so you will basically look like a bitch for the better part of a year so my ego can be massaged". At least for the most part Dragon isn't losing cleanly to inferior competition, it's usually through Miz-erference.

The Benoit comparisons are obvious, with Dragon using the crossface as his finisher, although I wish he would use cattle mutilation too. His main draw in the indies was that he had like 729 finishing moves, but I know WWE likes to book guys to have just one finisher, two if you are super special.

Hopefully Low Ki wins season 2 of NXT (I am not calling him Kaval). That will put another small asskicker in WWE. I have been watching 2003 Era Low Ki from ROH and holy shit he would just destroy people.
Low Ki is on NXT? Man, I'm out of the loop big time.

keg in kc
08-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Low Ki is on NXT? Man, I'm out of the loop big time.Yeah, I haven't watched this season, but I think I might watch the finale tonight. As I understand it, they've basically did what they did with Danielson during the first season, and play up how he's a 10-year indy vet and then have him lose to everybody (although not to the extent of losing bryan suffered...), but he's so clearly better than everybody on the show that the fans are behind him. Which is bigger this time since they have fan voting supposedly in the mix (storyline bs I'm sure).

His pros are Layla and Michelle McCool. Seriously. They did everything they possibly could to bury the guy.

Anyway, yeah, he and danielson both have to deal with the fact that they aren't homegrown talent. And they're short, obviously. It's a shame vince can't get past that, because either or both of those guys could be huge stars if they weren't booked like hornswaggle.

Swanman
08-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I haven't watched this season, but I think I might watch the finale tonight. As I understand it, they've basically did what they did with Danielson during the first season, and play up how he's a 10-year indy vet and then have him lose to everybody (although not to the extent of losing bryan suffered...), but he's so clearly better than everybody on the show that the fans are behind him. Which is bigger this time since they have fan voting supposedly in the mix (storyline bs I'm sure).

His pros are Layla and Michelle McCool. Seriously. They did everything they possibly could to bury the guy.

Anyway, yeah, he and danielson both have to deal with the fact that they aren't homegrown talent. And they're short, obviously. It's a shame vince can't get past that, because either or both of those guys could be huge stars if they weren't booked like hornswaggle.

Yeah, they jobbed Ki out a few times but only about half as bad as Dragon. With Dragon, they were just doing that to set up the Michael Cole encounters.

It's telling that the top performers on each season were Indy-bred guys in Danielson and Ki. Both know how to work a nice story-driven match and also know how to speak (Dragon moreso than Ki). The only other guy even close in my opinion is Wade Barrett.

If Vince has problems with Dragon's size, he just needs to watch his series with Morishima. He does quite well against the big boys.

keg in kc
08-31-2010, 12:14 PM
With Dragon, they were just doing that to set up the Michael Cole encounters.That's something that has yet to make any sense to me, the Michael Cole bit. It was entertaining when he was working on NXT (Cole, I mean), but it's really bizarre to hear the lead announcer of Raw have a hard on for a guy. They haven't done anything to explain where the beef comes from, other than making it sound like Cole hates internet geeks. He's also set himself up as Miz's cheerleader, but he has no storyline connection to the guy. It's just...weird. And it probably makes zero sense to most of the Raw audience, who hasn't watched a second of NXT.

Swanman
08-31-2010, 12:24 PM
That's something that has yet to make any sense to me, the Michael Cole bit. It was entertaining when he was working on NXT (Cole, I mean), but it's really bizarre to hear the lead announcer of Raw have a hard on for a guy. They haven't done anything to explain where the beef comes from, other than making it sound like Cole hates internet geeks. He's also set himself up as Miz's cheerleader, but he has no storyline connection to the guy. It's just...weird. And it probably makes zero sense to most of the Raw audience, who hasn't watched a second of NXT.

I think the genesis of that is that Vince doesn't like guys that weren't made by him, so he expressed that through Cole constantly bagging on the "internet darling". He is doing the exact same thing to Ki this season, he's just not as big of an ass about it.

It's also jarring that for the most part he is a face announcer on Raw then he was doing the heel announcer schtick on NXT. But no matter how you cut it, he just flat out sucks as an announcer.

On Raw, sometimes Cole needs to be reminded that he hates Dragon. Like when Dragon attacked Miz during the Cena match, Cole really didn't get frothed up until the very end. He should have been losing his mind from the get go because the guy he hated was beating on his mancrush. Another reason why he sucks, consistency is an important thing in rasslin'

keg in kc
08-31-2010, 12:31 PM
I found Cole much more interesting as a heel. It's funny how the announcing so often seemed better on ECW and season 1 NXT than on the main shows, I'm assuming because Vince didn't give a shit and wasn't paying attention.

I think the biggest issue with the announcing these days is that Vince wants them to be as bland as possible. So they're not allowed to show any of the energy or make any of the exclamations that made JR so great in Raw's heyday. So you have boring guys saying boring things in boring monotone.

Swanman
08-31-2010, 12:40 PM
In non-WWE news, they have a somewhat interesting angle going on in ROH with Tyler Black, the current champ. He is leaving for WWE in September so they are doing a mini "Summer of Punk" angle with him, where he is vowing to take the belt with him to Vince. He has a title match on 9/11 against Roderick Strong, so all signs point to Strong finally becoming champ. Or they could have Black retain then lose the title through other shenanigans.

Mecca
09-01-2010, 06:43 PM
And Ki won NXT....

Wanna discuss something even more out there, the next season of it is all women..including one that is 6'9.

A 6'9 woman I didn't realize that was possible.

BigRock
09-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I haven't watched this season, but I think I might watch the finale tonight. As I understand it, they've basically did what they did with Danielson during the first season, and play up how he's a 10-year indy vet and then have him lose to everybody (although not to the extent of losing bryan suffered...), but he's so clearly better than everybody on the show that the fans are behind him. Which is bigger this time since they have fan voting supposedly in the mix (storyline bs I'm sure).

The fan voting was legit. They had to compensate for it during the season by putting the heels over strong, which is why Kaval lost more than he should have. But they never played up his record like with Danielson. There's really not even a comparision to be made to Danielson, because Kaval was never treated like a guy who couldn't win.

And Kaval being paired with Laycool was the best part of the season. Not only didn't it bury him, Layla and Michelle loved him and acted like everything he did was the greatest thing ever. It really made no sense given their characters, but having these bitchy mean girls fawn all over him made him seem that much more important.

keg in kc
09-01-2010, 07:29 PM
And Kaval being paired with Laycool was the best part of the season. Not only didn't it bury him, Layla and Michelle loved him and acted like everything he did was the greatest thing ever. It really made no sense given their characters, but having these bitchy mean girls fawn all over him made him seem that much more important.There's some rumors going around that Laycool is going to break at the PPV and Layla will be his arm candy.

The most interesting rumor going right now is that they're planning on unifying all the titles, with the World/WWE unification being the main event at Wrestlemania. Which would mean another HHH reign, or Taker getting the World Title and Cena ending his streak, or something.

Hopefully they use it to elevate somebody instead.

Reaper16
09-01-2010, 09:48 PM
There's some rumors going around that Laycool is going to break at the PPV and Layla will be his arm candy.

The most interesting rumor going right now is that they're planning on unifying all the titles, with the World/WWE unification being the main event at Wrestlemania. Which would mean another HHH reign, or Taker getting the World Title and Cena ending his streak, or something.

Hopefully they use it to elevate somebody instead.
If Cena ends 'Taker's streak then you will see the most infuriated, pointed screed against the WWE that you've ever seen. It will be a featured article on pwtorch and it will be penned be me.

Jerm
09-01-2010, 09:57 PM
God the end of NXT was an abomination...from Joe Henning's pathetic promo to the brawl where Titus completely no sold MVP's Yakuza Kick in the corner and Alex Riley for some reason beating the hell out of Percy Watson only for them to then double team Kaval 30 secs. later like nothing happened.

Hilarious stuff.

keg in kc
09-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Oh lord, Chad Ochocinco is going to be a 'guest host' on Monday night.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2010, 03:58 PM
I haven't watched the E's programming in about a year and a half.

However, I recently finished Hitman. It's an absolute must read. I finished it in about three days in between grading and class prep.

The first quarter of the book is a little slow, especially the first two chapters, but once he gets into his time as a regular for Stampede, and more specifically his early days in the 80's WWF, it greatly increases in quality. I know that he and Michaels have since reconciled, but it's interesting to see how he regarded him at first, how their relationship soured, and at least, according to Bret, how he was sought out to be the original leader of the Kliq.

The stories about the lines to see Dr. Zahorian (if anyone has read Sex, Lies and Headlocks or Meltzer's report they will know the name) are really interesting, as are the images of Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart riding on a motorcycle while high on crack.

Guys who get the biggest praise from Bret: Owen (obviously), Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Andre, Roddy Piper, Anvil

Guys who get savaged: Bad News Allen/Brown, Warrior, Dynamite (from a personal standpoint), and his brothers Bruce and Smith

keg in kc
09-14-2010, 02:31 PM
I had completely forgotten about this, and find it muchly funny, and indicative of much of the issues I have with WWE now...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YaQhq42CU00?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YaQhq42CU00?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Can't have those flippy-do guys. Must be big!

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 03:07 PM
So, Danielson beats Miz in what was purportedly a very good match for the US title.

Hopefully that's not his one shining moment in wwe.

I don't expect good things tonight.

Speaking of tonight, they're doing a double show tonight, so next week's (the go-home show for the next PPV :eek:) will be taped.

PPVs two weeks apart, and they wonder why buy rates are down.

Mecca
09-20-2010, 03:15 PM
I had completely forgotten about this, and find it muchly funny, and indicative of much of the issues I have with WWE now...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YaQhq42CU00?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YaQhq42CU00?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Can't have those flippy-do guys. Must be big!

HaHa Kevin Dunn...Jim Cornette called that guy a bugs bunny looking motherfucker to his face.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Orton is getting the god push. That is very interesting. Looks like they are playing him off as a tweener to huge pops.

Reaper16
09-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Orton is getting the god push. That is very interesting. Looks like they are playing him off as a tweener to huge pops.
FINALLY

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2010, 07:21 PM
"I would RKO my own grandmother if it meant keeping this title. I would RKO your grandmother just to see the look on your face."

ROFL

Jerm
09-20-2010, 07:26 PM
It's been amazing to see how Orton has evolved...dude was going absolutely nowhere just a couple of years ago.

This new age Austin/tweener "Viper" gimmick has made him easily the top guy in the WWE, that's HHH, UT, and Cena included.

God Cena needs a heel turn in the worst way...esp. now that they're pushing Orton as more of a face.

I think they blew it when they had the chance to turn Cena as the mastermind leader behind the Nexus...ala the nWo and Hogan.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2010, 07:32 PM
It'll be interesting to see how H comes back, if he wrestles a full time schedule now that he's been promoted to an "executive".

You'd kind of like to see him finally give Orton some big time rub, not that he necessarily needs it. If H came back as a McMahon-corporate heel, you could have Orton play the "doesn't give a fuck" antihero.

Jerm
09-20-2010, 07:47 PM
I remember reading rumors that the plan was to bring back HunTor as a heel as the Nexus' leader and I presume he'd feud with Orton leading into WM.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2010, 07:52 PM
"Including you, fatso" LMAO...

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Okay, Danielson coming out to Ride of the Valkyries may have been the coolest thing ever. LMAO

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 08:10 PM
They can't be setting this up for Miz to use money in the bank on the US title can they? That wouldn't make sense. But they're playing up the obsessed thing.

Thought they did that the right way. Have Danielson look strong against Edge (and then flip Edge out on the gm, awesome LMAO), and then get beat down by numbers.

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm reading up on supposed spoilers for next week's show, and if it's legit, it's iMPACT-level retardation. LMAO

Swanman
09-21-2010, 07:57 AM
They can't be setting this up for Miz to use money in the bank on the US title can they? That wouldn't make sense. But they're playing up the obsessed thing.

Thought they did that the right way. Have Danielson look strong against Edge (and then flip Edge out on the gm, awesome LMAO), and then get beat down by numbers.

The obvious next step is to have Dragon absolutely dismantle Alex Riley and then exact revenge on the Miz somehow. Or he could be aligned with Low Ki (ROHgasm) and have Ki take out Riley and watch Dragon's back. I really doubt Miz will cash in on the US title, I assume they are grooming him for a run at one of the main titles.

I am going to see Dragon on Saturday night when he wrestles one of his last Indy appearances for Dragon Gate USA. The only thing that sucks is most likely he will wrestle a watered-down match so he doesn't risk hurting himself.

keg in kc
09-21-2010, 09:41 AM
The obvious next step is to have Dragon absolutely dismantle Alex Riley and then exact revenge on the Miz somehow. Or he could be aligned with Low Ki (ROHgasm) and have Ki take out Riley and watch Dragon's back. I really doubt Miz will cash in on the US title, I assume they are grooming him for a run at one of the main titles.Well, what they're doing makes zero sense:Next week, they somehow end up with a tag team match between Miz/Riley and Dragon/Mystery Partner who ends up being John Morrison (wait, what?). Miz and Riley end up winning (wait, what?), and the end result is a three way at the PPV between Dragon/Miz/Morrison (wait, what?).

Unless this ends up being Morrison turning, this makes zero sense...

They've pushed him so hard the last few weeks, with the Sheamus loss and Jericho win, I don't see how he can possibly lose. And, man, if they take the belt off Danielson after two weeks...Next week's raw reads like a particularly retarded episode of iMpact!

Swanman
09-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Well, what they're doing makes zero sense:Next week, they somehow end up with a tag team match between Miz/Riley and Dragon/Mystery Partner who ends up being John Morrison (wait, what?). Miz and Riley end up winning (wait, what?), and the end result is a three way at the PPV between Dragon/Miz/Morrison (wait, what?).

Unless this ends up being Morrison turning, this makes zero sense...

They've pushed him so hard the last few weeks, with the Sheamus loss and Jericho win, I don't see how he can possibly lose. And, man, if they take the belt off Danielson after two weeks...Next week's raw reads like a particularly retarded episode of iMpact!

They must have so little faith in the tag division that they may be thinking of reuniting the old team, although it makes zero sense from a continuity standpoint. I could see the mystery partner angle based on past history, but it should be a one-shot deal, not leading into anything more.

keg in kc
09-21-2010, 10:13 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with tag teams. Vince doesn't care about teams, he just wants singles stars.

keg in kc
09-21-2010, 10:57 AM
It's a no-DQ submissions count anywhere match.

Which is kind of weird. Do Morrison or Miz even have submission moves?

The part of next week's Raw that I want to see is Edge's Cutting Edge interview with the Raw GM. Who's a computer with a robot voice. That Edge beats up. LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2010, 11:25 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/265cQznMJbI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/265cQznMJbI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Jerm
09-24-2010, 11:30 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JsGU71cJ4no?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JsGU71cJ4no?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2010, 11:41 PM
STICK!! STICK!! STICK!!

keg in kc
09-25-2010, 09:08 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jTHPKkIbLbA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jTHPKkIbLbA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Gotta love Jericho's homage to the "1004 holds" promo by listing all the guys he has beaten.

Renegade
09-28-2010, 07:34 AM
So how do the writers have this Cena vs Nexus playing out? I personally see Cena becoming part of Nexus, or will be a double count out, and Cena stays WWE and Nexus continues on.

BryanBusby
10-01-2010, 06:36 PM
So how do the writers have this Cena vs Nexus playing out? I personally see Cena becoming part of Nexus, or will be a double count out, and Cena stays WWE and Nexus continues on.

I think the plan for a long while has been for Nexus to end sometime October, so yeah......

Jack Swagger just had promo of the year