PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

loochy
02-15-2011, 03:20 PM
This makes me laugh, in our PG era...

I wondered who that hot girl was.

Swanman
02-15-2011, 03:48 PM
The Rock came back and gave a 20 minute promo that I liked, which included dissing Cena's stupid "you can't see me", Michael Cole, and the stupid GM thing.

Why are you so angry? What's wrong with being a mark?

Someone shat in his Cheerios this morning it seems. Being an Ring of Honor fan, I'm as smarky as they come, and I still loved the Rock's promo.

WebGem
02-15-2011, 04:05 PM
The Rock came back and gave a 20 minute promo that I liked, which included dissing Cena's stupid "you can't see me", Michael Cole, and the stupid GM thing.

Why are you so angry? What's wrong with being a mark?

They tilt the shit out of me, that's what. I'm seriously considering cancelling my Wrestlemania trip (or just leaving on Saturday) after all this dumb shit.

WebGem
02-15-2011, 04:06 PM
I wondered who that hot girl was.

Think about it.

Captain Obvious
02-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Sorry about liking The Rock's appearance last night, guys. I didn't realize I had to have the approval of enjoying certain aspects of wrestling from Dr. A. Arrogant Douche, III, expert and all-knowing commenter on all things wrestling. I now understand the errors of my ways and will only watch wrestling not for the enjoyment, but so I can bitch about everything and can ridicule others for enjoying seeing one of the most popular wrestlers of my youth come back and deliver a dang good promo in front of a crowd that went bonkers. Obviously I'm the one who was wrong about this (it's so obvious I don't need to be the one telling you this).

Sorry, guys. My bad.

keg in kc
02-15-2011, 06:20 PM
A TNA-riffic decision by Vince in retrospect:Raw rating

There is a lesson here, not that the rating of this show is all that important compared to what happened on the show. But there is still a lesson about surprises vs. advertising. I can't imagine an advertised return of Dwayne Johnson doing less than a 3.8.

BryanBusby
02-15-2011, 06:38 PM
It was the second best promo I've watched. The best would still be Chris Jericho showing up on RAW, mainly because it was a complete shocker.

WebGem
02-16-2011, 02:26 AM
Back to Jerry Lawlers mom though...I hope he at least ate her pussy and then gave her a black eye before she died

Swanman
02-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Back to Jerry Lawlers mom though...I hope he at least ate her pussy and then gave her a black eye before she died

Dude, for the good of the human race, please go back on your meds.

Swanman
02-16-2011, 07:20 AM
A TNA-riffic decision by Vince in retrospect:

I have already talked to a few people that said they are going to make sure to catch Raw in the coming weeks to see what happens with the Rock, so at least WWE has created a little bit of anticipation with the show.

And ratings are a tough game nowadays. Back during the Attitude era when they were pulling 7s and 8s, it was a different world. There was a LOT less quality programming on cable, no on demand, and no DVRs. I rarely watch a show live anymore, I dvr it and watch it when convenient for me.

loochy
02-16-2011, 07:50 AM
A TNA-riffic decision by Vince in retrospect:

Let's see what the ratings are for this coming Monday. The Rock thing has created quite a buzz, PLUS the 2 21 11 thing is happening. We know it's Undertaker, but there may be something more to it. We'll see.

keg in kc
02-17-2011, 12:06 PM
LMAO

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UctzlJ4mD1k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sfeihc
02-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Classic!

keg in kc
02-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Found this on NFL.com. Seriously. Wrestling talk on NFL.com. I kid you not.Pick Six: NFL player/WWE superstar comparisons (http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/02/16/pick-six-nfl-playerwwe-superstar-comparisons/)

By Adam Rank |

Published: February 16th, 2011

The biggest story in sports this week has been the return of The Rock to the WWF (sic — sorry, hippies, it will always be that to me). The news sent waves around the world. Not only was The Rock trending on Twitter, but so was his alter-ego, Dwayne Johnson. That, my friends, takes star power.

And it got me thinking: Is there anybody in the NFL who possesses The Rock’s charisma? I mean, he’s a megastar, like the Hugh Jackman of wrestling.

Some might say Chad Ochocinco, but that doesn’t really work, mainly because The Rock was once a champion. Sorry to Terrell Owens and Steve Smith South, because they, too, are out in that case.

A case could be made for Hines Ward. He’s a two-time champion, blurs the line between heel and fan-favorite, plus he has been known to lay down the smack on opposing defensive players. A strong candidate.

Then there is Clay Matthews who, much like The Rock, is a third-generation superstar in his sport. And like The Rock, Matthews does have that Hall of Fame bloodline. Matthews’ post-Super Bowl schedule has been pretty electrifying, too.

Still, that seems kind of off. You might have to go back to Warren Sapp — who was a college teammate of The Rock at the University of Miami — to find a person who fits.

But what about the rest? Here are the top six current NFL player to WWE superstar comparisons going. (And before you start, yes, this is the kind of mindless fun we will be enjoying until football kicks off again.)

6. Ochocinco/The Miz
The Miz goes by a goofy nickname and spends most of his time telling people how awesome he is instead of actually proving it. Yeah, I would say that fits. And really, can’t you see 85 wearing this shirt? Though by always taking a backseat to T.O., he might be more Alex Riley.

5. Ray Lewis/Triple H
Triple H is known as “The Game.” He is the king of kings, and he calls all of the shots. And while Lewis might not be married to the boss’s daughter, he certainly carries that kind of respect with every NFL player.

4. Aaron Rodgers/Edge
At first it seemed like Philip Rivers might be a good match with Edge. But Rivers prides himself on never working blue when he talks trash to opponents. Not quite a “Rated R Superstar” at all. So give Rodgers the nod here, because not only do he and Edge wear the same belt, Matthews helped deliver the title for both.

3. Drew Brees/Daniel Bryan
Both Brees and Bryan were once derided as being far too small to make it with the big boys. Both were able to overcome the odds to be champions of their profession. Who has the last laugh now?

2. Peyton Manning/John Cena
Manning and Cena are middle America’s dream — clean-cut, bad hairdos, but they make good commercials (although it seems that only children can take their sugary goodness). And both are the face of their respective industries right now, even though most discerning adults root against them.

1. Brett Favre/Ric Flair
Hall of Famers for sure, but both should have hung it up a long, long time ago.

Also receiving votes: Rivers/CM Punk; Jay Cutler/Zack Ryder.

What do you have?

Bowser
02-18-2011, 03:01 PM
What do you think the price tag was to get Rock back in the fold? I'll take a guess and say a lot.

Superturtle
02-18-2011, 03:04 PM
LOL at cutler and ryder.

keg in kc
02-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Rumors floating that Jericho may be back very soon. Like tomorrow night or Monday.

Reaper16
02-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Rumors floating that Jericho may be back very soon. Like tomorrow night or Monday.
Isn't he in the middle of his book tour?

Mr_Tomahawk
02-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Live-stream elimination chamber anyone?

Al Bundy
02-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Live-stream elimination chamber anyone?

http://www.soccertvlive.net/watch/50507/2/watch-wwe-elimination-chamber-2011.html

Superturtle
02-20-2011, 06:48 PM
I sent you a PM, Tomahawk. Not sure if links in the forum are accepted.

Superturtle
02-20-2011, 06:53 PM
LMAO!!! Rey is just getting thrown around like a rag doll

Superturtle
02-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Christian is back. Edge vs Christian vs Del Rio?

58kcfan89
02-20-2011, 07:29 PM
LMAO!!! Rey is just getting thrown around like a rag doll

Just turned it on, what'd I miss?

Booker on commentary is pretty awesome, BTW

Superturtle
02-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Del Rio beat Kingston. Big Show was Dolphs replacement. Wade Barrett, Mcintyre, Show, Kane, and Mysterio were eliminated in that order. Del Rio attacks Edge in the Chamber, and Christian makes the save. Trish Stratus is announced as a trainer on tough enough, and does an awful Rock impersonation.

58kcfan89
02-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Del Rio beat Kingston. Big Show was Dolphs replacement. Wade Barrett, Mcintyre, Show, Kane, and Mysterio were eliminated in that order. Del Rio attacks Edge in the Chamber, and Christian makes the save. Trish Stratus is announced as a trainer on tough enough, and does an awful Rock impersonation.

Thanks for the recap. Was the EC a good match? Repped.

I'm not a huge fan of putting the title matches so early like they've done in the last few years, JMO.

Superturtle
02-20-2011, 07:49 PM
It was middle of the pack.

58kcfan89
02-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Thx.

Did the crowd just start a "This is aw-ful!" chant? Cause it's pretty stupid that Jerry fracking Lawler has a PPV title match 1 month before WrestleMania.

Captain Obvious
02-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Booker is terrible. So terrible he is awesome.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Booker is the new Adamle?

Mr_Tomahawk
02-20-2011, 08:00 PM
This match is no better then one you would see at the halfway-point of RAW...oh wait...

58kcfan89
02-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Way to book your champ, WWE. Have an 80-year old Lawler go 10+ minutes with Miz. Awful.

Cole's reaction on the floor was great, though.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-20-2011, 08:11 PM
why is R truth in the elimination chamber match

Al Bundy
02-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Miz looked like he was ready to blow a load right there.

58kcfan89
02-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Even Punk's promo wasn't that good (and I'm a huge Punk fan). You know it's a crappy PPV when........

Here's hoping anyone but Cena wins this thing.

keg in kc
02-20-2011, 08:30 PM
What the **** was that with CM Punk?

Uh oh, GM talk.

That was stupid to awesome in about 3 seconds. ROFL

Mr. Arrowhead
02-20-2011, 08:31 PM
wow that freakin retarded

keg in kc
02-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Way to book your champ, WWE. Have an 80-year old Lawler go 10+ minutes with Miz. Awful.I thought they did it right. Most people seemed to think it would end with either Cole interference or Lawler winning straight up. Basically a repeat of what happened in their Raw ladder match. But then the Miz gets his second straight clean win (Daniel Bryan in a great match monday). They've booked him better and stronger in the last week than they have at any time before.

keg in kc
02-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Heh, now Punk is going to be the last in.

I have no idea where they're going with this, I mean Cena basically has to win. But having Punk 'lose' in one of the stupidest ways possible and then reinstated by the general moronger makes me wonder how they're going to continue to build Punk/Orton for Mania in this match.

keg in kc
02-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Punk mocking Orton's setup for the RKO before the GTS was freaking awesome rofl

keg in kc
02-20-2011, 08:43 PM
'course this is all set up for Cena to win now. Grumble.

keg in kc
02-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Boo.

Knew it was coming, but still...

boo.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-20-2011, 08:55 PM
'wow'... Cena vs Miz at Wrestlemania. The two individuals the Rock criticized during his monologue. Who could have ever seen this coming... :rolleyes:

keg in kc
02-20-2011, 08:56 PM
'wow'... Cena vs Miz at Wrestlemania. The two individuals the Rock criticized during his monologue. Who could have ever seen this coming... :rolleyes:I think I might have given up on wrestling this year if the Rock hadn't shown up Monday. There's not a single match on the WM card I want to see.

Captain Obvious
02-20-2011, 08:58 PM
I really hope they give Morrison a huge push soon. That dude is just fun to watch.

Superturtle
02-20-2011, 08:58 PM
LOL ING U THUS GUESS WHAT? CENA R GOING TO MAIN EVENT WRESTLEMANIA HOW FUCKING ORIGINAL

keg in kc
02-20-2011, 09:01 PM
I really hope they give Morrison a huge push soon. That dude is just fun to watch.He's like the anti-miz. He can do some eye-dropping flippy-do moves but his mic skills are just awful. They'd have to bring back managers if they wanted to push him.

It's kind of a shame Vince has killed tag teams, those two would be amazing if they were paired back up as heels.

58kcfan89
02-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Wrestlemania 21: Cena vs. JBL, Cena wins WWE title
Wrestlemania 22: Cena vs. HHH, Cena wins WWE title
Wrestlemania 23: Cena vs. HBK, Cena retains WWE title
Wrestlemania 24: Cena vs. Orton vs. HHH, ZOMG ORTON WINZ TITEL!!!
Wrestlemania 25: Cena vs. Edge vs. Big Show, Cena wins World title
Wrestlemania 26: Cena vs. Batista, Cena wins WWE title
Wrestlemania 27: Cena vs. Miz

Needless to say, this is getting old.

keg in kc
02-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Hey, at least we'll have undertaker and HHH coming back tomorrow night!

*shoots self*

Al Bundy
02-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Wrestlemania 21: Cena vs. JBL, Cena wins WWE title
Wrestlemania 22: Cena vs. HHH, Cena wins WWE title
Wrestlemania 23: Cena vs. HBK, Cena retains WWE title
Wrestlemania 24: Cena vs. Orton vs. HHH, ZOMG ORTON WINZ TITEL!!!
Wrestlemania 25: Cena vs. Edge vs. Big Show, Cena wins World title
Wrestlemania 26: Cena vs. Batista, Cena wins WWE title
Wrestlemania 27: Cena vs. Miz

Needless to say, this is getting old.

I hope Miz keeps the title.

Superturtle
02-20-2011, 09:20 PM
I hate both of these guys. Mis is really annoying to me for some reason. he just doesn't seem like main event material to me.

BryanBusby
02-20-2011, 09:26 PM
I hate both of these guys. Mis is really annoying to me for some reason. he just doesn't seem like main event material to me.

That's because they won't stop booking him in a terrible fashion.

WebGem
02-20-2011, 09:27 PM
KELLY KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WebGem
02-20-2011, 09:27 PM

What?! The Miz doesn't seem like main event material? WTF is wrong with you? He's one of the handful of guys in the company worth watching.

WebGem
02-20-2011, 09:32 PM
When the highlight of a PPV is Kelly Kelly there's an 80% chance it's a fail. And it was definitely that for an EC. Just completely awful given which PPV it was.

Superturtle
02-20-2011, 09:34 PM
What?! The Miz doesn't seem like main event material? WTF is wrong with you? He's one of the handful of guys in the company worth watching.
I just can't take him seriously. His beginning gimmick completely ruined him for me. Also getting tired of watching Cole suck him off at every broadcast. Don't get me wrong, I liked it at first, but that shit gets old really quick.

keg in kc
02-20-2011, 09:42 PM
When the highlight of a PPV is Kelly Kelly there's an 80% chance it's a fail. And it was definitely that for an EC. Just completely awful given which PPV it was.I thought it was one of their better PPVs in a while. Both of the chamber matches were strong, the Miz/Lawer match was good, even the tag match was fine (thank god they got the belt of santino, crist, even if it is 'corre').

That may have been Trish's worst night ever, though. It looked like a lot of the kids in the audience have no idea who she is. They'll have to work on that.

The only thing I wish I'd have seen was another couple of minutes to the raw chamber match, so there could have been a longer punk/cena sequence before the conclusion. If that means they'd have cut out some of the vickie bullshit or part of Trish's return, then so be it...

But it was a solidly and sensibly booked PPV leading into wrestlemania. No big surprises, just generally solid matches.

(I'm ready for Michael Cole to go, though. Jesus, enough already)

keg in kc
02-20-2011, 09:43 PM
I just can't take him seriously. His beginning gimmick completely ruined him for me. Also getting tired of watching Cole suck him off at every broadcast. Don't get me wrong, I liked it at first, but that shit gets old really quick.It doesn't help that they didn't give him a clean win over anybody until this week. This is really the first time he's looked like a champion in a competitive sense.

Of course Cena will kill that. He'll get the belt back and miz will go back to the midcard.

Superturtle
02-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Cole flipping his shit was funny as hell, though...

keg in kc
02-20-2011, 10:32 PM
HehNote to self: always pack wrestling boots when u go to a WWE event-cause u just never know ~T

58kcfan89
02-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Of course Cena will kill that. He'll get the belt back and miz will go back to the midcard.

Yep. Hope Miz can stick around but I feel like they'll try to turn Alex Riley & feud him with Miz in the near future.

This needs to happen. Unfortunately, I don't think it will. For whatever reason, WWE seems to think that Cena being in & winning a title match at Mania is a good way to boost ratings.

That's because they won't stop booking him in a terrible fashion.

Yeah, this is almost as badly booked as Mysterio's first title reign. Ultimate underdog in EVERY match mixed with Eddie tributes in EVERY match did not make for good TV. Now it's Miz barely getting wins against Jerry Lawler & whatnot.

Cole flipping his shit was funny as hell, though...

Agreed. One of the best moments of the night, which says something. Some decent wrestling undone with horrible segments & even worse booking. Wrestlemania isn't looking good at all IMO.

BryanBusby
02-21-2011, 12:06 AM
Yeah, this is almost as badly booked as Mysterio's first title reign. Ultimate underdog in EVERY match mixed with Eddie tributes in EVERY match did not make for good TV. Now it's Miz barely getting wins against Jerry Lawler & whatnot.

It worked for Mysterio as he was a lightweight going against a bunch of heavy weights. Miz is not that.

Cena/Miz will probably be the Main Event and they like to send every one home happy most of the time. Miz is going to lose his belt. Only chance of them not main eventing would be a huge match involving the Undertaker.

Superturtle
02-21-2011, 12:09 AM
Why couldn't it be mis vs morrison and cena vs rock? That would be a pretty hilarious match just to watch rock copy cenas mannerisms.

WebGem
02-21-2011, 12:17 AM
I thought it was one of their better PPVs in a while. Both of the chamber matches were strong, the Miz/Lawer match was good, even the tag match was fine (thank god they got the belt of santino, crist, even if it is 'corre').

That may have been Trish's worst night ever, though. It looked like a lot of the kids in the audience have no idea who she is. They'll have to work on that.

The only thing I wish I'd have seen was another couple of minutes to the raw chamber match, so there could have been a longer punk/cena sequence before the conclusion. If that means they'd have cut out some of the vickie bullshit or part of Trish's return, then so be it...

But it was a solidly and sensibly booked PPV leading into wrestlemania. No big surprises, just generally solid matches.

(I'm ready for Michael Cole to go, though. Jesus, enough already)

The Chamber matches will almost always be good though. That's why I said bad for an EC. I wish they let Lawler win and lose it tomorrow night or at least not let Miz get a clean win. I understand needing to give him credibility, but they could have done something else between now and WM.

Superturtle
02-21-2011, 12:53 AM
The Chamber matches will almost always be good though. That's why I said bad for an EC. I wish they let Lawler win and lose it tomorrow night or at least not let Miz get a clean win. I understand needing to give him credibility, but they could have done something else between now and WM.
That poor bastard needs all the credibility he can get.

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 01:15 AM
That poor bastard needs all the credibility he can get.And wrestlemania is only 6 weeks away. It's not like they have much time.

Not only has Miz been booked as a weak champ who can't win without interference, a guy who's basically a big mouth and nothing else, Cena treated him like a complete joke about a year ago. That perception has to change if they're going to sell this match to anybody. Miz has to be elevated. And that isn't going to happen if he's losing matches to announcers a month and a half before the big game. Daniel Bryan was the start of it.

Giving Lawler the title would have been pointless. It couldn't possibly do the Miz any good, even if he got the title back last night (which would have emphasized just how meaningless titles are, but that's a whole 'nother topic...) and it couldn't possibly do anything to build the Miz/Cena mania match. All the match last night was was an effort to sell some more buys for the EC PPV (because people did want to see Lawler win - which was why it was a 10 minute match, people got worked...) and to help build two mania matches (miz/cena and lawler/cole). Lawler didn't need to win for either of those builds.

The match was booked the right way. I don't think the cheap crowd pop would have been worth it.

Hopefully they don't screw it all up tonight. Miz does not need to look like a brainless puss any more between now and April. I'm sure the end of the feud (assuming it doesn't carry through to summerslam after mania, which it might) is going to be superman John Cena giving the Miz his, but it'll mean a lot more if the Miz doesn't look like a fool beforehand.

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 12:56 PM

Isn't he in the middle of his book tour?Yeah.

Word now is that he's doing Dancing with the Stars. Which would mean mania's out obviously, and probably anything before SS.

LTL
02-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Didn't they used to a better job of promoting the US/IC title? which in turn when they wanted to give a guy a push and put him into the championship spotlight he already had some cred built up. It used to be some of the big names, guys that were already over would wrestle a guy for either of those titles to help before they went to next level.

Now it seems like they are treating both of those titles like the tag team championships. Miz has the chance to be a very good heel if they do this right, which would have to start with a win over Cena at mania.

Buck
02-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Do you think that The Rock might Guest Referee the Cena vs Miz match?

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Didn't they used to a better job of promoting the US/IC title? which in turn when they wanted to give a guy a push and put him into the championship spotlight he already had some cred built up. It used to be some of the big names, guys that were already over would wrestle a guy for either of those titles to help before they went to next level. Been a looong time since they meant anything.

Hell the US champ (Daniel Bryan) worked Ted DiBiase in a dark match last night. Wasn't even on the show. I think he should've worked the chamber in R-Truth's spot, but that would've taken focus off of Morrison, as in having somebody else there to take the beating from the big guys.

I don't think they even mentioned that Kofi was the IC champ when Del Rio beat him.

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Do you think that The Rock might Guest Referee the Cena vs Miz match?I think it's possible. He's already started laying smack on both of them. Could see him aiding the miz. It's not like there's any way Cena's going heel, and Cena doesn't need Rock's help, unless it's a lame effort to balance out the numbers with Riley ringside.

WebGem
02-21-2011, 02:06 PM
Do you think that The Rock might Guest Referee the Cena vs Miz match?

It seems very likely. And since it's WM they'll probably do some gay ending w/ Rock and Cena doing the peoples elbow/5 knuckle shuffle to the Miz at the same time and show ends.

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 02:08 PM
It seems very likely. And since it's WM they'll probably do some gay ending w/ Rock and Cena doing the peoples elbow/5 knuckle shuffle to the Miz at the same time and show ends.Also quite likely.

In my perfect world, they would set up for that, and then Rock would catch Cena mid-shuffle in a Rock Bottom, and then the Miz pins him with a stunned look on his face.

WebGem
02-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Also quite likely.

In my perfect world, they would set up for that, and then Rock would catch Cena mid-shuffle in a Rock Bottom, and then the Miz pins him with a stunned look on his face.

Unfortunately there is absolutely no way they will let Miz win that match. If you wanna pitch in and buy the WWE before then we can make it happen though.

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Unfortunately there is absolutely no way they will let Miz win that match. If you wanna pitch in and buy the WWE before then we can make it happen though.Need to see how TV plays out between now and then. Cena's a guy who'd be willing to put somebody over. The question is whether they'll be willing to do it. It's not like they can hurt him with a loss. At some point they have to start elevating some of the younger guys. They can't keep doing all the start-and-stop pushes like they've done with guys like CM Punk and Kofi and now Miz. Which is what it is if he's sent back to the midcard like the rest. In the end guys will only be perceived as stars if they win some big matches.

(he says on the day when undertaker and HHH return)

Maybe they're pushing Del Rio to the moon. It would make sense to establish a major latin star, and he'll eventually be a huge babyface. But I don't think it's enough. They have next to no main event heels right now, and they can't afford to keep making them all lose.

WebGem
02-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Need to see how TV plays out between now and then. Cena's a guy who'd be willing to put somebody over. The question is whether they'll be willing to do it. It's not like they can hurt him with a loss. At some point they have to start elevating some of the younger guys. They can't keep doing all the start-and-stop pushes like they've done with guys like CM Punk and Kofi and now Miz. Which is what it is if he's sent back to the midcard like the rest. In the end guys will only be perceived as stars if they win some big matches.

(he says on the day when undertaker and HHH return)

Maybe they're pushing Del Rio to the moon. It would make sense to establish a major latin star, and he'll eventually be a huge babyface. But I don't think it's enough. They have next to no main event heels right now, and they can't afford to keep making them all lose.

I could definitely see Del Rio going over Edge so the faces go 1-1 in the title matches, but I doubt it considering Edge lost as a face at last years WM to Jericho in the WHC match.

58kcfan89
02-21-2011, 02:34 PM
It seems very likely. And since it's WM they'll probably do some gay ending w/ Rock and Cena doing the peoples elbow/5 knuckle shuffle to the Miz at the same time and show ends.

Gross.

Also quite likely.

That's more like it.

At the very least, there has to be some kind of a Cena-Rock confrontation or physical altercation to make the PPV worth it seeing as how crappy the rest of the show's probably gunna be.

Another thought about 'Mania: Will there be a Money in the Bank match? Cause they now have an entire PPV dedicated to it, so it wouldn't make much sense to possibly have 3 cases out there at the same time... Could take one of the decent matches/attractions away from the show.

58kcfan89
02-21-2011, 02:37 PM
I could definitely see Del Rio going over Edge so the faces go 1-1 in the title matches, but I doubt it considering Edge lost as a face at last years WM to Jericho in the WHC match.

I think Del Rio wins, Edge is to the point that a loss doesn't really hurt him. I want him to win because I'm a huge Edge fan & am not really sold on Del Rio, but I definitely think ADR wins.

WebGem
02-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Another thought about 'Mania: Will there be a Money in the Bank match? Cause they now have an entire PPV dedicated to it, so it wouldn't make much sense to possibly have 3 cases out there at the same time... Could take one of the decent matches/attractions away from the show.

There better be. I can't imagine there won't be a Mania one, that would be a really stupid move on their part to take it out of WM.

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Another thought about 'Mania: Will there be a Money in the Bank match? Cause they now have an entire PPV dedicated to it, so it wouldn't make much sense to possibly have 3 cases out there at the same time... Could take one of the decent matches/attractions away from the show.Meltzer was asked this question a few weeks back, and he said word was they were not planning on doing one, but everything is always subject to change with them...

WebGem
02-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Hey guys,

Does anyone know of any streaming sites where wrestling stuff has been working recently (since the whole stream sites getting taken down thing)? Because I'm living in Vegas now, and RAW isn't live here and it's hard for me to avoid spoilers and stuff w/ how much I'm on twitter. FWIW atdhe.me hasn't been working for pretty much anything I've tried in the last week, so I doubt that one will work. A more private MMA/Wrestling one would probably work though, and if it costs a few bucks I'm willing to pay because I really want to see RAW tonight.

Thanks

WebGem
02-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Actually, Sky Sports is streaming on atdhe.me

That's the channel RAW is on in the UK, right?

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Actually, Sky Sports is streaming on atdhe.me

That's the channel RAW is on in the UK, right?I believe so.

http://www.wwe.com/schedules/television/?country=United%20Kingdom

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Aaand away we go...CeNation. (http://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/39734764227399681) Handled business last night. Tonight I will see what we do about the rock. If he wants some...come get some.CeNation. That's what we get for thinking 'WWE Universe" was the stupidest thing ever.

He goes on...# This could be very interesting.

# Ps..grabbed a spare steel chain and lock off the elimination chamber just in case...gotta go now. Big peek a boo tournament b4 raw :)

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Latest on Jericho:Chris Jericho Addresses Rumors Regarding Big Announcement (http://www.fanhouse.com/2011/02/21/chris-jericho-addresses-rumors-regarding-big-announcement/)

By Brian Fritz
FanHouse Writer

Over the past week, there has been plenty of talk that former WWE Champion and now two-time New York Times best-selling author Chris Jericho will be making a big announcement regarding his future soon.

Maybe it's just coincidence but USA Today wrote on Monday that Jericho's name has come up as a possible contestant in the upcoming season of "Dancing With the Stars." The cast for the show will be revealed any time now.

Jericho was asked if he will be on the hit ABC show Monday morning on the "Open Mike" radio show on 740 The Game in Orlando, Fla., as part of an interview promoting his second autobiography "Undisputed."

"People keep asking me that and they also keep asking me if I'm going to be the lead singer of Velvet Revolver," Jericho said. "Neither one of those things is what my announcement is. It would be nice to do either or but that's not what I'm thinking about when I'm talking about my announcement."

Instead, Jericho alluded to his announcement having something to do with his rock band Fozzy.

"I've been threatening this announcement for about three weeks now. It's basically something to do with what's going on this summer. I kind of alluded to it ... a couple of big shows we're hoping to get confirmation on pretty soon."

Those shows are several big traditional festivals in Europe which he and his bandmates would enjoy being a part of.

The one thing he did not definitively say was that he would not be a part of "Dancing With the Stars," only that his big announcement did not have to deal with that show.

Jericho has previously said that that he turned down the reality show before because it interfered with his WWE schedule. That's not a problem right now since he is out of wrestling for the time being.

The one thing that can be almost certain is that his announcement will not be a return to the WWE in time for WrestleMania 27.

"Yeah, it would be great to be a part of it. But I think at this point in time with all the guys that are coming back ... The Rock came back and obviously Triple H will be back soon and probably The Undertaker. All these guys are returning and so it's better for me not to be there and get lost in the shuffle of everybody that comes back and all the hoopla of WrestleMania." So either he's straight up lyin' or he isn't coming back quite yet...

(I don't think he's lying)

WebGem
02-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Yeah I saw that. it sucks he won't be at Mania.

Has anyone read his new book yet?

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 06:20 PM
I haven't read either of his books yet, I'll get to it eventually I'm sure.

CoMoChief
02-21-2011, 06:36 PM
is The Rock gonna be on again tonight?

WebGem
02-21-2011, 06:37 PM
is The Rock gonna be on again tonight?

I'm pretty sure. He might not since they've built up the 2-21 thing so much but they know a lot of people are gonna be tuning in today in hopes of seeing the Rock. Depending what the 2-21 thing is in its entirety might make them wait another week to bring the Rock back, so idk.

WebGem
02-21-2011, 06:59 PM
FWIW

I turned on Sky Sports 3 (UK WWE channel) for reasons I stated previously. Before RAW they had some WWE programming on and the last thing it showed was a Sting > Luger WCW title match. Could that be a hint at the 2-21 thing?

WebGem
02-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Sting vs Taker at Mania would be pretty sweet, I've always been a huge fan of Sting

WebGem
02-21-2011, 07:57 PM
2-21 countdown about to be over with. I have a feeling it's gonna have a swerve at the end of the 2nd hour though...so I won't be shocked if this part is nothing huge.

WebGem
02-21-2011, 08:02 PM
lol

58kcfan89
02-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Taker & Trips back within a minute of each other. So much for pushing new stars....

WebGem
02-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Taker & Trips back within a minute of each other. So much for pushing new stars....

There's nothing wrong w/ setting up a HHH vs Taker mania match (if that's what they're doing). No younger talent vs Taker would make much sense for a Mania match w/ the Taker undefeated streak factor.

58kcfan89
02-21-2011, 08:25 PM
There's nothing wrong w/ setting up a HHH vs Taker mania match (if that's what they're doing). No younger talent vs Taker would make much sense for a Mania match w/ the Taker undefeated streak factor.

Nothing wrong with it, I'm just not a huge Taker or HHH fan & I think they could have done that return either at the end of the show or had someone actually use a mic.

Captain Obvious
02-21-2011, 08:27 PM
A HHH/Sheamus match makes a lot more sense than Taker/HHH.

Well, until Sheamus was pinned by Mark Henry...

WebGem
02-21-2011, 08:35 PM
ROFLMFAO

Michael Cole is talking shit about Kings mom

WebGem
02-21-2011, 08:36 PM
LOL Lawler vs Cole at WM27

58kcfan89
02-21-2011, 08:38 PM
ROFLMFAO

Michael Cole is talking shit about Kings mom

I know it's scripted, but that was horrible.

And Cole v. Lawler at Mania? What a garbage fire.

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 08:53 PM
A HHH/Sheamus match makes a lot more sense than Taker/HHH.

Well, until Sheamus was pinned by Mark Henry...They've been burying sheamus for weeks. I wonder if that Daniel Bryan thing is a tease for something new with him.

That would be WWE logic. Bury sheamus for weeks and then have him bury Daniel Bryan.

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Miz and Cena as champions was telegraphed the second the match was announced.

(I'm a few minutes behind, I dvr through commercials)

I didn't think the Cole/Lawler segment was that bad. They're giving the people what they want, and the crowd ate it up. All that really counts.

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 08:56 PM
And an immediate rematch. WTF. And where's the undertaker, seeking his revenge on Barrett (oh right, HHH took Barrett's spot).

WebGem
02-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Miz and Cena as champions was telegraphed the second the match was announced.

(I'm a few minutes behind, I dvr through commercials)

I didn't think the Cole/Lawler segment was that bad. They're giving the people what they want, and the crowd ate it up. All that really counts.

This. King understands too and I'm sure he was all for it. But it's still funny.

BryanBusby
02-21-2011, 09:07 PM
The ordeal was weird as hell, but it really did a lot to make Miz look stronger. He won the Tag Team titles on his own and crushed Cena being able keep it.

Was actually a good way to cap a rather what the fuck Raw.

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 09:09 PM
The ordeal was weird as hell, but it really did a lot to make Miz look stronger. He won the Tag Team titles on his own and crushed Cena being able keep it.

Was actually a good way to cap a rather what the **** Raw.I thought it was stupid. Might as well get rid of the tag titles at this point, if they mean so little.

(Yes, I know they've done that before. Over and over.)

BryanBusby
02-21-2011, 09:11 PM
They obviously haven't given two shits or a fuck about the tag division in forever.

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 09:31 PM
The whole segment was pointless. They should've ended the show with HHH and Undertaker, which for as little as I want(ed) to see those guys, was pretty well done. The two of them staring at each other would have been a strong ending to what I thought was otherwise a pretty decent show. Well, okay, it was a decent show with retarded bookends (if Cena never 'raps' again it's too soon).

But they have to have this convoluted Vince Russo shit where they win the tag titles and then lose them right back to a weak stable from the other show that nobody watches. It didn't further the story in any way, it didn't make anybody want to see wrestlmania an iota more than they did 10 minutes earlier. It meant absolutely nothing. Meaningless. Pointless.

Somebody on another board was joking, maybe on friday they'll have Corre defend against Edge and Del Rio, and then next week Undertaker and HHH.

BryanBusby
02-21-2011, 10:02 PM
I found the HHH/Undertaker segment pretty underwhelming. Would of been a lot better if they had the Undertaker at least spend a few minutes propping up his Wrestlemania streak and talk about ending the career of HBK. Instead of came across as rushed so they could have more time for a boring divas match.

The main event did a lot for the Miz. He got another clean pin when a lack of those has hurt his title run and got a preview of what reaction he'd get as a face. The only part of it that was sour was further burying the tag titles. But alas, they have not given a shit about their tag division in forever. A lot of the champions over the last few years have been slapped together teams.

TNA can make me laugh so hard I usually end up in tear by the end of hour two, but they at least can build some actual decent tag teams.

WebGem
02-21-2011, 10:08 PM
I found the HHH/Undertaker segment pretty underwhelming. Would of been a lot better if they had the Undertaker at least spend a few minutes propping up his Wrestlemania streak and talk about ending the career of HBK. Instead of came across as rushed so they could have more time for a boring divas match.

The main event did a lot for the Miz. He got another clean pin when a lack of those has hurt his title run and got a preview of what reaction he'd get as a face. The only part of it that was sour was further burying the tag titles. But alas, they have not given a shit about their tag division in forever. A lot of the champions over the last few years have been slapped together teams.

TNA can make me laugh so hard I usually end up in tear by the end of hour two, but they at least can build some actual decent tag teams.
Yeah, AND they let the guys wrestle elsewhere making for epic tag matches on the indy scene! MCMG, Beer Money and the Young Bucks deserve a run in the WWE sometime, not sure if it'd work but I think it'd definitely bring the life back to the WWE tag division.

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 10:39 PM
I found the HHH/Undertaker segment pretty underwhelming. Would of been a lot better if they had the Undertaker at least spend a few minutes propping up his Wrestlemania streak and talk about ending the career of HBK. They've got weeks left to talk. And hell, everybody knows the story anyway. I liked seeing something different. I can't remember seeing a setup like that before. And frankly I'd be fine if I never had to heard either of them on the mic again.

What I'm curious to see is how they're going to manage to make the third retirement match in as many years somehow interesting, not to mention a retirement versus streak match for a second consecutive year.The main event did a lot for the Miz. He got another clean pin when a lack of those has hurt his title run and got a preview of what reaction he'd get as a face. We're just going to disagree on that. I don't think it really did anything for him, the way it ended. He's slinking up the ramp after attacking Cena from behind. I thought it made him look weak again.

If they'd have stopped with the win and had the rematch on smackdown maybe. But people will remember the end, not what happened a couple minutes before. They might not even remember there was a title change after a couple of weeks, although my guess is they'll oversell it on commentary.

I haven't watched TNA in literally years. I think the January 4th show last year was the first and last TNA show I'd seen since 2006 or 2007.

Just because it wasn't lame enough the first time, here's the 'professor of thuganomics' himself. I know some people eat this shit up, but I hated the rapping Cena character years ago even more than I hate the superCena character now.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hePwF6pfkM0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Zeke Ziggle
02-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Yeah I saw that. it sucks he won't be at Mania.

Has anyone read his new book yet?

Only just finished the second one. Didn't think it was as good as the first but still a good read. That being said you will probably enjoy it more if you like fozzy as there is a fair bit dedicated to their albums/tours.

BryanBusby
02-21-2011, 10:50 PM
If they'd have stopped with the win and had the rematch on smackdown maybe. But people will remember the end, not what happened a couple minutes before. They might not even remember there was a title change after a couple of weeks, although my guess is they'll oversell it on commentary.

We'll disagree here too, as I'm glad they didn't drag this shit out for weeks. Also, am I the only one noticing that it seems the Corre seems to have a different sounding theme every week? I thought the original one was fine.

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 11:01 PM
We'll disagree here too, as I'm glad they didn't drag this shit out for weeks. Also, am I the only one noticing that it seems the Corre seems to have a different sounding theme every week? I thought the original one was fine.I'm not saying it should have been dragged out. I'm saying the whole thing shouldn't have happened at all....

You may be the only one watching smackdown, so you may also be the only one noticing anything at all relating to the Corre.

They haven't started the wonderful Corre versus Nexus build yet. Hopefully they've dropped that. I don't need to see those guys in the ring.

I'm still wondering after tonight if they're going to have Sheamus and Bryan feuding. That can't possibly be good for Bryan, unless they're really burying Sheamus 10 feet under.

Talk about start and stop pushes. He looked like a monster 6 months ago, like they'd finally done it right with a young guy. Talking about a HHH match at mania. And now he's losing to Mark Henry.

BryanBusby
02-21-2011, 11:16 PM
It seems they are moving away from Nexus vs. Corre, which is fine with me. The whole Nexus type of stable is getting played out.

As long as the match isn't a total squash by Shaemus, I could see Shaemus vs. Daniel Bryan being actually really good.

Shaemus actually had a quality run the 2nd time around, and I'd prefer them to not make him stale in the main event quickly like they've done with other talent (See: Randall Orton, Cenar). It is baffling that talent like Morrison and Christian will never see the Main Event though, while Jerry Lawler Main Events a PPV.

The only thing that bothered me this Raw was the Cole/King confrontation. I'm sure Jerry ok'd this, but Coles comments about his mother was still awfully cringe worthy.

keg in kc
02-21-2011, 11:27 PM
It seems they are moving away from Nexus vs. Corre, which is fine with me. The whole Nexus type of stable is getting played out.

As long as the match isn't a total squash by Shaemus, I could see Shaemus vs. Daniel Bryan being actually really good.

Shaemus actually had a quality run the 2nd time around, and I'd prefer them to not make him stale in the main event quickly like they've done with other talent (See: Randall Orton, Cenar). It is baffling that talent like Morrison and Christian will never see the Main Event though, while Jerry Lawler Main Events a PPV.The more I see of Morrison the more I'm convinced he's not a main eventer. Punk worked circles around him tonight and it was a two minute match. He doesn't have very convincing offense short of the flying moveset (i.e. anything traditional that he does looks horrible, whether it's simple punches, or clotheslines), he doesn't have good facials and he can't talk. He does get reactions from doing stuff like shining wizards, the pele kick and starship pain, but the truth is that virtually anybody can get over with an audience to a degree if they can do anything high flying.

(And you could copy and paste Kofi Kingston's name in for Morrison's and get my opinion on him....)

I'd much rather see Evan Borne in Morrison's spot, although like Bryan he's too small, so he'll never get a shot. But the guy can straight-up work.

But I would rather see Morrison instead of some musclehead like the new Nexus lacky.

As far as Bryan and Sheamus goes, I completely agree. It could be great if they don't have Sheamus kill him. But I'm admittedly biased: I think Bryan and anybody has the potential to be great, because he's that good...

I think Punk and Orton has potential, but it's all because of Punk. I don't like Orton. I don't like his matches (especially as a babyface who still stalls and does a heel moveset) and I don't like his character. But Punk is to me the best heel the company has until Jericho comes back, and by a wide margin.

What I really wish is that Punk hadn't hurt his hip and we'd have gotten the Punk and Bryan program that they teased for a single week. I think those two would have put everybody else in the company right now to shame.

I do expect Taker and HHH to be a quality program, because as much as I don't like the two of them, I do recognize that they know how to work a major event, and I expect that in the end it'll be the best match on the card.

You know what, I forgot about it, but I think we're going to have the 'mystery GM' resolved, too, after the GM talking about dealing with the Rock.

Reaper16
02-21-2011, 11:58 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hePwF6pfkM0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480"></iframe>
That would legitimately win some battles on GrindTime.

BryanBusby
02-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Thinking about the mystery GM bit, I have not seen Foley on ipmact in forever. It really wouldn't surprise me if he ended up being the one revealed.

As for Taker/HHH, it should be good but I could also see it end up being a total train wreck. By now Hunter will have to carry the Undertaker through the match, so I hope he shakes off the ring rust by Wrestlemania.

Orton suffers from the same thing people hate Cena for. His gimmick was played out years ago, but there doesn't seem to be an end to it.

Right now, I don't think I'll be buying Wrestlemania this year. Ideally I'd like to see Del Rio win and Miz retain, but I easily see the exact opposite happening. I have no interest in HHH/Undertaker, King/Cole, the eventual Orton win or anything involving the divas. The likely lack of a MitB match isn't helping either, but I see why they will likely stop having one at WM.

So far Bryan/Shaemus is the only match that really seems interesting along with The Rock

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Morrison is Marty Jannetty w/ a better look.

keg in kc
02-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Orton suffers from the same thing people hate Cena for. His gimmick was played out years ago, but there doesn't seem to be an end to it.

Right now, I don't think I'll be buying Wrestlemania this year. Ideally I'd like to see Del Rio win and Miz retain, but I easily see the exact opposite happening. I have no interest in HHH/Undertaker, King/Cole, the eventual Orton win or anything involving the divas. The likely lack of a MitB match isn't helping either, but I see why they will likely stop having one at WM.

So far Bryan/Shaemus is the only match that really seems interesting along with The RockThat's pretty much where I am.

Although I hate Cole enough by this point that I'd enjoy seeing King knock him out. That guy has 'go away' heat at this point. As in I wish he was gone. But it's not enough to pay $60 for.

I think they're going to put Del Rio over. It's not going to be faces winning the entire card, so odds are either Miz or he will get a win.

The weird thing is going to be how they set up HHH/Taker. Who's the face and who's the heel? Because they both are basically both. HHH seemed more over tonight, which was a surprise to me, but maybe that was the casual people in the audience who didn't know he was going to be there. And how is Michaels going to fit into it? He could end up being the real selling point.

The Diva's stuff could be interesting if they get awesome kong involved, but it seems a little late for that. And I don't think they can re-create the great matches she and Gail Kim had years ago.

BryanBusby
02-22-2011, 12:21 AM
I'd say HHH got a bigger response mainly because he has been off TV for a longer period of time, and it was more of a "surprise"

With Del Rio taking out Kofi, normally I'd wonder what they plan to do with the IC title now. Then I remember they really don't care about it, either.

Divas crap will probably be less tolerable than normal as word is McCool broke her toe. Lack of LeyCool won't help.

CoMoChief
02-22-2011, 06:06 PM
White guys who rap are retarded.

Don't understand how some people think that's cool.

There's one person (that I know of) that's actually good at it...of course that's Eminem.

John Cena is a douchebag

big nasty kcnut
02-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Vanilla ice was a good rapper. Also christain will be in a main event wrestlemania with edge alberto del rios

CoMoChief
02-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Vanilla ice was a good rapper. Also christain will be in a main event wrestlemania with edge alberto del rios

:rolleyes:

WebGem
02-22-2011, 06:46 PM

was?

big nasty kcnut
02-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Well he not rapping anymore he doing house remodeling show.

Reaper16
02-22-2011, 07:52 PM
White guys who rap are retarded.

Don't understand how some people think that's cool.

There's one person (that I know of) that's actually good at it...of course that's Eminem.

John Cena is a douchebag
There are dozens upon dozens of good white rappers.

58kcfan89
02-22-2011, 08:31 PM

Like Kurt Angle.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3hhnVPTrruU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry, I love that segment, even if I'm not a fan of either guy. But I'll be honest, I liked Cena the rapper better than SuperCereal Cena...

I think Punk and Orton has potential, but it's all because of Punk. I don't like Orton. I don't like his matches (especially as a babyface who still stalls and does a heel moveset) and I don't like his character. But Punk is to me the best heel the company has until Jericho comes back, and by a wide margin.

What I really wish is that Punk hadn't hurt his hip and we'd have gotten the Punk and Bryan program that they teased for a single week. I think those two would have put everybody else in the company right now to shame.

Punk v. Orton could be good, but I agree that it's going to be all on Punk. Orton's promos all sound the same & his herky jerky crap in the ring as "TEH VIPERZ!!" is getting really annoying.

So far Bryan/Shaemus is the only match that really seems interesting along with The Rock

I'm definitely not paying for the show. Punk, Edge & Bryan are the only guys I'd pay to watch right now & since I'm willing to bet Edge & Punk will job and don't think Bryan will get a good feud, I don't see the point.

The GM thing doesn't interest me & not even the Rock can save Mania IMO.

keg in kc
02-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Steve Austin may be getting involved too.

We'll see. Right now it's not a buy. But they've got weeks to convince me it is.

keg in kc
02-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Shockingly, ratings were up a week after Rock's return. Monday's episode pulled a 3.9. Which is huge compared to where they've been lately (3.1-3.3).

keg in kc
02-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Interesting, they're hotshotting Mistico:-- WWE.com has a ton of stuff about Sin Cara (the former Mistico) up on their website right now including photos, a bio, and more. Every major sports paper in Mexico had a story on his jump to WWE today, and he also flimed interviews for a number of TV outlets. It's a big one. Jim Ross on his Twitter noted that Mistico was currently training in Los Angeles. Dave in the Observer reported this week that he's being brought right up to the main roster, no FCW or developmental for him, or even English classes. Del Rio has to be going insane right about now.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/sincarajoinswwe

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/whoissincara

Rooster
02-25-2011, 03:13 PM
I have always wondered this when this thread is bumped. What does the title of this thread mean? I know it's a wrestling thread but the name is just bizzare.

keg in kc
02-25-2011, 03:17 PM
I have always wondered this when this thread is bumped. What does the title of this thread mean? I know it's a wrestling thread but the name is just bizzare.When UP created the thread, Randy Orton had recently become WWE Champion (I think, this was 3 or 4 years ago). Hence....rasslin' is orton.

Rooster
02-25-2011, 03:25 PM
When UP created the thread, Randy Orton had recently become WWE Champion (I think, this was 3 or 4 years ago). Hence....rasslin' is orton.

So did UP only expect him to be the champ (For a day or ten, at least)?

Superturtle
02-25-2011, 04:23 PM
So did UP only expect him to be the champ (For a day or ten, at least)?
Yeah. Theres a guy named Triple H that has to be on the top of wrestling at all times.

alanm
02-25-2011, 04:25 PM
So did UP only expect him to be the champ (For a day or ten, at least)?Orton's reign as champ is probably coming around again so the title is still relevant.

Al Bundy
02-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Nice setup there.

keg in kc
02-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Orton's reign as champ is probably coming around again so the title is still relevant.The irony is that Orton looks about a million times worse in 2011 than he did in 2007. He looked like a star in the making, and all credit to him he still has the crowd behind him, but I think he's about as stale and boring a top guy as they could find.

PGM
02-26-2011, 06:12 AM

There are dozens of us!!! Dozens!!!

keg in kc
02-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Not a good night to be Sheamus or Daniel Bryan.

58kcfan89
02-28-2011, 10:24 PM
I haven't read any of this thread so as to not get spoiled (was watching K-State v. Texas).

So is Raw worth the time to watch or should I just read a recap?

BryanBusby
02-28-2011, 10:59 PM
I haven't read any of this thread so as to not get spoiled (was watching K-State v. Texas).

So is Raw worth the time to watch or should I just read a recap?

Just read a recap. Raw was awful this week

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Sheamus, you have been HUNTORED.

:facepalm:

Jerm
03-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Funny thing is, Sheamus was supposedly HunTor's pet project...haha.

Also trying to figure out if Rock & Cena have legit heat...their promos have been very shootish. If its a work it awesome.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-01-2011, 03:57 AM
Not really that cool at all.

The Rock sucks, always has.

LOL @ all you stupid fucking marks thinking the Rock is so great

You are a dumbass

LMAO JFC. It's like bizarro world with you. The retard in this thread is you, Mr. Pro wrestling is greater than football. Then you follow up with this shit. I've watched wrestling since I was a kid, at least until the last few years anyways, because it's fucking sucked. I'm looking forward to the next few months, and maybe more.

keg in kc
03-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Just read a recap. Raw was awful this weekYeah. Rock's promo was the only good thing on the show. The rest of it was TNA-riffic -all angles, no matches.

Another week like this and WrestleMania will bomb.

Swanman
03-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Also trying to figure out if Rock & Cena have legit heat...their promos have been very shootish. If its a work it awesome.

Given the two guys involved, I'd say it's basically a worked shoot. Cena has always been a guy that just accepts whatever role they want him in and makes the best out of it, so I doubt there would be real heat between the two. The Rock is good enough to make it seem like legit heat though.

keg in kc
03-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Yeah. Rock's promo was the only good thing on the show. Speaking of that...

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fpa5winHx5A?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fpa5winHx5A?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

If this continues as a war of words, they're going to kill Cena's popularity. He's like a guy bringing a plastic knife to a gunfight. The Rock's just destroying him on the mic.

loochy
03-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Speaking of that...

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fpa5winHx5A?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fpa5winHx5A?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

If this continues as a war of words, they're going to kill Cena's popularity. He's like a guy bringing a plastic knife to a gunfight. The Rock's just destroying him on the mic.

Here's what Cena will say:

Rock you don't like my rapping
but you just sit at home fapping.
You say I look like a purple dinosaur
but damn you're so old that you can't even wrestle anymore.
The reason you sit at home and show us your collection of belts
is that you are afraid to make an appearance in Buffalo until the snow melts.
You think I should bow to the Rock?
All I've seen so far is just a bunch of talk.

So suck on deeeeeezzzzzzzzzz nutttzzzzz.

loochy
03-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Speaking of that...

That promo was very intense from the rock all the way through. He did a good job of selling his anger/annoyance with Cena. It's too bad that this was a pre recorded bit...that killed the moment. This would have been awesome if it was live.

I find it ironic that he was talking about coming back to Buffalo and about how he loves the people, etc. and he can't even make a live appearance.

keg in kc
03-02-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm not sure having him there every week would be a good thing. He's been on the air twice, delivered two of the best promos in years. All he's going to do is expose just how bad things really are in WWE (like we didn't know...). He's a star on a level above anybody else. If it were me, I'd limit the exposure. Have him there some - you're trying to sell wrestlemania - but make sure it doesn't become counterproductive (Counterproductive like, you know, Hun-Tor putting himself over by burying the entire roster at the beginning of Raw). The idea here is to try and use the Rock to elevate somebody else.

keg in kc
03-04-2011, 02:58 PM
This would be the first bit of TNA I've watched since January 4th of last year (which was the first bit of TNA I'd watched since about 2008).

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Juyl4w22AWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My initial impressions are 'wtf is Sting's ring gear', 'wtf is that belt' and 'why the fuck does anybody watch TNA?'

Mr. Flopnuts
03-04-2011, 03:02 PM
They need to change the name from TNA to SSWA. The Social Security Wrestling Alliance.

keg in kc
03-06-2011, 11:45 AM
This video is incredible. Amazing how dead they're killing their titles.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ITIiDXsPLxM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
03-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Don't forget, stone cold's back tonight. Rock's not. So we get more Cena goofiness.

Speaking of austin, the first trailer for the new tough enough is here: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/07/steve-austin-tough-enough-trailer/

Saw an interesting bit of trivia earlier:--Speaking of Miz, how is this for trivia. He just became the first person in more than two years to pass 100 days as WWE champion. HHH was the last guy to last 100 days. Since that time, the title has changed hands 16 times and was vacated once.Geez....

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-07-2011, 06:35 PM
16 title changes in two years??

58kcfan89
03-07-2011, 07:06 PM
16 title changes in two years??

Good Lord. Would like to see how many long reigns there have been with the World Heavyweight title in the last couple years, seems like there have been a few between Jericho & Edge....

Planning on watching Raw in its entirety for the first time since December. Hope it's good....

58kcfan89
03-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Taker just mentioned something about dying if the streak is broken & how HHH will die trying to break the streak. Retirement match along with no holds barred?

keg in kc
03-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Somebody needs to explain this Orton/Punk "feud" to me. If Orton single-handedly destroys Nexus every week, then what's the point of having a Mania match? Just to see him beat up CM Punk?

Al Bundy
03-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Michael Cole is almost unbearable.

58kcfan89
03-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Somebody needs to explain this Orton/Punk "feud" to me. If Orton single-handedly destroys Nexus every week, then what's the point of having a Mania match? Just to see him beat up CM Punk?

Cause WWE doesn't know how to book faces anymore unless it's using the SuperCena style?

BryanBusby
03-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Cole shitting on the divas match was great.

BryanBusby
03-07-2011, 08:02 PM
marking out for JBL

Al Bundy
03-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Michael Cole is about to cry, and the look on Josh's face is priceless.

Captain Obvious
03-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Hell yeah!!!

Stone Cold never gets old for me.

WebGem
03-07-2011, 09:11 PM
The Miz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

He's seriously the greatest thing in this business right now w/ the exception of Punk and Danielson...but they don't really let either of them shine as much as they can (yet) so..

BryanBusby
03-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Been saying it forever, Miz owns.

WebGem
03-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Been saying it forever, Miz owns.

So have I. I was pissed in the roll they gave him at last years WM.

And lets be honest...anyone who's fucking Maryse is the fucking man.

Al Bundy
03-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Miz is great on the Mic but lacks something in the ring.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Miz just wrestles in the same, generic WWE style that all OVW/FCW guys do. Transcendent guy on the mic, but he's "meh" in the ring.

Superturtle
03-08-2011, 09:14 AM
http://www.abload.de/img/austinamnr.gif

Renegade
03-08-2011, 09:28 AM
At least it was Keystone light Stone Cole poured over Cole. I would hate to waste good beer on that tool.

keg in kc
03-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Miz just wrestles in the same, generic WWE style that all OVW/FCW guys do. Transcendent guy on the mic, but he's "meh" in the ring.They got it to work with Cena. Although he could always do the freakshow shit like FU the Big Show. Miz ain't doing that.

Really, though, who is good in the ring now? Danielson? He'll never get a push because he's 3'9. Ditto for Sydal.

They don't seem to care about work anymore. All they want are muscles and/or talk. Preferably both.

dirk digler
03-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Am I the only one that thinks Cena is destroying Rock? I liked Rock's first promo but the last one left little to be desired.

keg in kc
03-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Am I the only one that thinks Cena is destroying Rock? I liked Rock's first promo but the last one left little to be desired.I don't. The rap crap doesn't do anything for me, and the whole goofy Cena comedy schtick got old years ago. I think the Rock's completely obliterating him so far.

I do wonder what the fuck they're doing pointing out that Rock isn't there on Raw. That seems kind of stupid to me at this point in the...whatever this is. I don't think it's a 'feud' in any real sense. I mean, I know what they're doing. They're setting it up for a 'surprise' Rock appearance, maybe next week, maybe the go home show before Mania. But I'm not sure how emphasizing that the Rock isn't there is going to sell any buys.

Maybe it's all setting up for a Rock heel turn where he helps Miz (this goes back to my old Rock rock-bottoms Cena, counts the win for a stunned Miz) and tells the people he was lying and doesn't give a crap about them. :shrug:

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2011, 11:19 AM
They got it to work with Cena. Although he could always do the freakshow shit like FU the Big Show. Miz ain't doing that.

Really, though, who is good in the ring now? Danielson? He'll never get a push because he's 3'9. Ditto for Sydal.

They don't seem to care about work anymore. All they want are muscles and/or talk. Preferably both.

They never cared about work. What's worse, they can't work a watchable hardcore style anymore, either, and most of the title matches are far too short.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2011, 11:20 AM
The only difference is that the Rock can do anything he wants to Cena and the fans will cheer him for it.

WebGem
03-08-2011, 11:38 AM
I don't. The rap crap doesn't do anything for me, and the whole goofy Cena comedy schtick got old years ago. I think the Rock's completely obliterating him so far.

I do wonder what the **** they're doing pointing out that Rock isn't there on Raw. That seems kind of stupid to me at this point in the...whatever this is. I don't think it's a 'feud' in any real sense. I mean, I know what they're doing. They're setting it up for a 'surprise' Rock appearance, maybe next week, maybe the go home show before Mania. But I'm not sure how emphasizing that the Rock isn't there is going to sell any buys.

Maybe it's all setting up for a Rock heel turn where he helps Miz (this goes back to my old Rock rock-bottoms Cena, counts the win for a stunned Miz) and tells the people he was lying and doesn't give a crap about them. :shrug:

It doesn't matter what he says to the fans/does afterwards, he wouldn't be a legitimate heel. Everyone would be cheering for him no matter what. And this won't happen, he's not there enough to run a program like that.

keg in kc
03-08-2011, 12:20 PM
There's still talk of him wrestling Cena at some point, whether it's Summerslam or down the line. I'll believe it when I see it, of course.

The only reason I mention him turning on Cena is that, logically, that's the only thing that would really make sense in the program. Why is Rock there (by 'there' I mean involved with Cena and Miz)? It can't be to get Cena over. He doesn't need it. So it has to be to get Miz over.

(Not that ever they do anything that makes sense - this is probably all a scheme to try and further push SuperCena)

dirk digler
03-08-2011, 01:53 PM
I don't. The rap crap doesn't do anything for me, and the whole goofy Cena comedy schtick got old years ago. I think the Rock's completely obliterating him so far.

I do wonder what the fuck they're doing pointing out that Rock isn't there on Raw. That seems kind of stupid to me at this point in the...whatever this is. I don't think it's a 'feud' in any real sense. I mean, I know what they're doing. They're setting it up for a 'surprise' Rock appearance, maybe next week, maybe the go home show before Mania. But I'm not sure how emphasizing that the Rock isn't there is going to sell any buys.

I guess I am the only one.

I like the way Cena is handling this and I thought he absolutely destroyed him with his rap.

Reaper16
03-08-2011, 03:55 PM
I guess I am the only one.

I like the way Cena is handling this and I thought he absolutely destroyed him with his rap.
I actually liked Cena's jokes, though they were oppressively heteronormative. But he didn't destroy Rock. It was a worthy response to Rock's initial promo. Rock's retort last week shamed Cena's rap for me. I actually taught Rock's promo from last week in my composition class. Brilliant rhetoric.

WebGem
03-09-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm sort of on the side of not liking Cena's recent promo's, or any of them ever really. HOWEVER, that I BRING IT VIA SATELLITE shirt definitely got a laugh out of me.

WebGem
03-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Is anyone else as annoyed as I am at the WWE tag division for the past God knows how many years now? I mean seriously...even TNA puts on great tag matches and has a good tag diviison. And I mean even if you're not gonna have a good tag division top to bottom w/ depth, etc...at least let a real tag team hold the belts most the time.

Superturtle
03-14-2011, 09:07 AM
Anyone else see what TNA did last night? A 1 minute 28 second main event, because Hardy, yet again, was fucked up on something.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/exclusive-tna-locker-in-an-uproar-over-hardy-situation-125957

Mr_Tomahawk
03-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Anyone else see what TNA did last night? A 1 minute 28 second main event, because Hardy, yet again, was ****ed up on something.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/exclusive-tna-locker-in-an-uproar-over-hardy-situation-125957

Missed it...I knew Hardy has substance issues, but haven't paid close attention to him in the ring. What was he doing in the ring to warrant the crowd to chant this and for it to fuel this commotion?

Superturtle
03-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Missed it...I knew Hardy has substance issues, but haven't paid close attention to him in the ring. What was he doing in the ring to warrant the crowd to chant this and for it to fuel this commotion?
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Lckr9OLR2Ow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just look at Hardy. He is definitely on something. At the end the crowd chants "Bullshit" and Sting says I agree. Apparently he is super pissed at Hardy.

keg in kc
03-14-2011, 12:00 PM
TNA is an embarrassment. Which in wrestling is really saying something.

Superturtle
03-14-2011, 12:03 PM
He is even highfiving the fans. When does the companies top heel do that?

keg in kc
03-14-2011, 12:42 PM
In further wtf? news, this time from the other guys:Drew Carey enters WWE Hall of Fame (http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/drewcareyentershall)

WWE is proud to announce the newest member of the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame — comedian and game show host Drew Carey. The WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony presented by THQ’s "WWE All Stars" will take place at the Phillips Arena on Saturday, April 2 and the one-hour TV special will air Monday, April 4 at 8/7c on USA Network.

Drew Carey is the latest member of the celebrity wing of the WWE Hall of Fame, joining the likes of Pete Rose, Bob Uecker and William “Refrigerator” Perry. Other members of the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame Class include “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels, “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, “Bullet” Bob Armstrong and the original WWE Diva, Sunny.

Carey established his place in WWE history as a surprise entrant in the 2001 Royal Rumble. However, Carey’s fortunes quickly turned, when the massive WWE Superstar Kane entered the ring, prompting Carey to eliminate himself from the match.

Carey, a former United States Marine Reservist, is the host of “The Price Is Right” and star of “The Drew Carey Show” and “Whose Line Is It Anyway?”. Carey will lead a cast of improvisation all-stars, including Ryan Styles, Colin Mochrie, Greg Proops, Brad Sherwood and Kathy Kinney, in the new series “Drew Carey’s Improv-A-Ganza,” which premieres April 11 at 8 pm ET/PT on GSN. Each episode will showcase a half-hour of improvised sketch comedy complete with audience participation.

Superturtle
03-14-2011, 12:58 PM
In further wtf? news, this time from the other guys:
One thing that caught my attention was the Improv-A Ganza. If that is anything like whose line, then it could be money. Totally used to be a favorite show of mine.

keg in kc
03-14-2011, 01:35 PM
One thing that caught my attention was the Improv-A Ganza. If that is anything like whose line, then it could be money. Totally used to be a favorite show of mine.Looking at the line-up, it appears to be the same people on the original whose line.

Superturtle
03-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Looking at the line-up, it appears to be the same people on the original whose line.
Minus Wayne Brady. That kinda sucks. Something about his reactions to Ryan and Colin made it funnier.

Swanman
03-14-2011, 01:44 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Lckr9OLR2Ow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just look at Hardy. He is definitely on something. At the end the crowd chants "Bullshit" and Sting says I agree. Apparently he is super pissed at Hardy.

That is why TNA sucks balls. They knew he wasn't fit to wrestle, so they should have done a backstage attack angle and change the main to be a new challenger or another gimmick like a 3-way. But given they are written by retarded chimps, it's no surprise they can't make smart changes on the run.

BryanBusby
03-14-2011, 01:51 PM
But given they are written by retarded chimps.

Russo works in mysterious ways!

WebGem
03-14-2011, 02:34 PM
That is why TNA sucks balls. They knew he wasn't fit to wrestle, so they should have done a backstage attack angle and change the main to be a new challenger or another gimmick like a 3-way. But given they are written by retarded chimps, it's no surprise they can't make smart changes on the run.

It's not that easy dude, it's not that easy at all. They really had no choice here, trust me.

Edit: I mean lol seriously do you REALLY think that nobody on the creative team thought of something like that? If you really think that you're a moron. They obviously know that's an option, but the vast majority of times at that point in the show it's literally 100% impossible to do that. Absolutely 100%.

Al Bundy
03-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Ohh lord... the Rock talking to some little kid wearing a John Cena get-up.

WebGem
03-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Ohh lord... the Rock talking to some little kid wearing a John Cena get-up.

That promo was exactly why I think the Rock is pure garbage.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-14-2011, 08:01 PM
muther fn B Chris FTW!!! ROFL

He still has the moves circa 1995.

Superturtle
03-14-2011, 08:04 PM
He sounds like a retarded hick...

Mr_Tomahawk
03-14-2011, 08:07 PM
JR should be a ventriloquist.

Al Bundy
03-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Michael Cole is a dipshit.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-14-2011, 08:15 PM
The whole Cole vs Lawler is stupid. Can't wait for it to be over.

Have there only been 2 matches in the past hour and 15 minutes?

Superturtle
03-14-2011, 08:29 PM
LMAO at ortons face after that rko

Superturtle
03-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Carey looks so different.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Who the fuck is snookie?

sent from my pony-xpress

Superturtle
03-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Kudos to the WWE for the Miz recent booking. Looking more and more credible.

BryanBusby
03-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Another bad raw overall.

WebGem
03-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Who the **** is snookie?

sent from my pony-xpress

some girl from a TV show, i had no idea who she was either

Swanman
03-15-2011, 07:14 AM
It's not that easy dude, it's not that easy at all. They really had no choice here, trust me.

Edit: I mean lol seriously do you REALLY think that nobody on the creative team thought of something like that? If you really think that you're a moron. They obviously know that's an option, but the vast majority of times at that point in the show it's literally 100% impossible to do that. Absolutely 100%.

It's not that easy, but it's not that hard (unless you have TNA's writers, which are the worst writers in the history of professional wrestling).

You simply cannot have a ppv main-evented by a 1-minute bullshit match because one of the participants is not fit to perform. They had to know Hardy was in no shape to compete the minute he walked into the building. At that point, you re-work things on the go. They have a roster of very able performers and could have easily shuffled things around. It has been done before, many times in fact.

At the very least, move another match into the main event slot. As the old adage goes, send the fans home happy, either with a great match or a fan favorite winning. It is simple logic that has worked for many years.

loochy
03-15-2011, 08:17 AM
At the very least, move another match into the main event slot. As the old adage goes, send the fans home happy, either with a great match or a fan favorite winning. It is simple logic that has worked for many years.

Sting won?

Swanman
03-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Sting won?

Yes in a hilariously awful match. I should have appended my comment to say fan favorite winning in a good to great match. Fans get pissed when presented with garbage.

The other hilarious thing about that match was the No-DQ stip was announced and then not even used, as Sting used punch/kick into the scorpion deathdrop and the pin. Hardy obviously wasnt clued into the ending because he was fighting like hell to kick out and Sting was all, "stay down bitch".

keg in kc
03-15-2011, 11:25 AM
The whole Cole vs Lawler is stupid. Can't wait for it to be over.I thought it was the best part of the show.

Cole's little plexiglas cage would have been awesome if he hadn't left the damn thing 10 minutes into the program.

And Rock yet again owned Cena. Although it would appear they're marking him as a heel by having him talk down to kids and playing stupid WCW style dramatic music over him while he talks. Which will obviously backfire. People will eat that shit up. The kid part, not the stupid music track park. Cena's obviously going to win at mania, and somehow will Superman over Rock, and he'll get his ass booed out of the building. My prediction, at least.

Miz at the end was great.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2011, 12:19 PM

Well, they're fucking idiots if they don't have contingency plans in place for main events. I mean, what if some kind of freak accident happens on the way to the arena? There should absolutely be a back up plan in place for a situation like this. They fucked up big time, and someone who is obviously a HUGE fan of wrestling the way you are, should absolutely know this. Fuck, the WWE has like 4 back up plans going 6 months in advance for their major angles in case shit goes down that is unforeseen. At least they used too, I'm relatively new to this now. But 10 years ago, I know for a fact they did. I can't imagine they've devolved over that time, of course, the way their story lines have gone...................

Swanman
03-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Well, they're ****ing idiots if they don't have contingency plans in place for main events. I mean, what if some kind of freak accident happens on the way to the arena? There should absolutely be a back up plan in place for a situation like this. They ****ed up big time, and someone who is obviously a HUGE fan of wrestling the way you are, should absolutely know this. ****, the WWE has like 4 back up plans going 6 months in advance for their major angles in case shit goes down that is unforeseen. At least they used too, I'm relatively new to this now. But 10 years ago, I know for a fact they did. I can't imagine they've devolved over that time, of course, the way their story lines have gone...................

WebGem is just having one of his episodes it looks like. Not only did TNA screw up by not having a contingency plan, they put a guy out there that was in no shape to perform, which is a danger to himself and more importantly, his opponent. You could tell that the moment Sting saw him, he had no intention of letting Hardy do anything. Thus the manhandling of drunk dickbag into the deathdrop. Hardy did not go willingly, Sting grabbed him by the hair and made it happen.

keg in kc
03-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Two very different videos:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Hv_g6xnzez0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cl6A5HkAkCE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
03-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Heh.

http://i51.tinypic.com/16bhgcg.jpg

loochy
03-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Heh.

Hahaha where'd you dig that up?

Superturtle
03-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Heh.

That is great, I must say.

Al Bundy
03-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Michael Cole is ridiculous.

Al Bundy
03-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Horrible ending in that Dolph Zigler and some fat bitches VS Stratus and Morrison match.

CoMoChief
03-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Michael Cole is ridiculous.

i used to love it when The Rock used to take his new Tshirts and place them over Michael Cole's head while he held the mic for the Rock backstage.

And by the way...i just now realized that Jonathan Coachman was from KMBC9 news here in KC. I guess he's no longer w/ WWE, and now is with ESPN.

Captain Obvious
03-21-2011, 08:39 PM
And by the way...i just now realized that Jonathan Coachman was from KMBC9 news here in KC. I guess he's no longer w/ WWE, and now is with ESPN.

Have you heard about this new online radio station called Pandora?

CoMoChief
03-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Have you heard about this new online radio station called Pandora?

Is it like that new peer to peer file sharing site Napster? I keep hearing about that and how awesome it is.

BryanBusby
03-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Raw is now on impact level

keg in kc
03-21-2011, 09:56 PM
I don't think there's anything they can do next week that will convince me to buy mania this year.

keg in kc
03-25-2011, 01:02 AM
And this is why Miz is your WWE champion...

<object width='442' height='375' classid='clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000' id='ep'><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always' /><param name='movie' value='http://i.cdn.turner.com/tegwebapps/tbs/tbs-www/cvp/teamcoco_432x243_embed.swf?context=teamcoco_embed_offsite&videoId=246882' /><param name='bgcolor' 'value='#000000' /><embed src='http://i.cdn.turner.com/tegwebapps/tbs/tbs-www/cvp/teamcoco_432x243_embed.swf?context=teamcoco_embed_offsite&videoId=246882' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' bgcolor='#000000' allowfullscreen='true' allowscriptaccess='always' width='442' height='375'></embed></object>

keg in kc
03-25-2011, 01:07 AM
I'm starting to believe there really may be a Rock in-ring return. Not at mania, but later. He's never, ever said anything but "no" to the idea of wrestling again before now...
McMahon and the WWE know the real money match is Cena vs. The Rock.

"I have been willing to do anything for that match. I will do anything for that match," Cena said. "If I have to talk more trash about The Rock, I'm your guy."

It sounds like the bout is closer to reality - or at least the tease is - than ever. Johnson is booked for "RAW" the night after Wrestlemania, but he wouldn't disclose how many more appearances he'd make before leaving in June to film his next movie.

Johnson appears in the movie, "Fast Five," which opens April 29, and he recently wrapped filming on "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island," the sequel to "Journey to the Center of the Earth." He pushed back the start date of his next movie so he could stick around the WWE - and just maybe wrestle again.

"I've never said never. I'm open to it," he said. "For years when I was asked that, I kept my emotions very close to my sleeve. I would say, 'No, I don't see myself wrestling a match,' because I didn't want to leave that open too much. I wanted to make sure I was concentrating solely on my goals in acting."

He believes he can handle the acting-wrestling tag-team combo from here on out and dropped enough hints that he'll be landing "The People's Elbow" well beyond Wrestlemania.

"It's 'The People's Era' that's getting ready to happen," he said. "It's just beginning."link (http://www.seattlepi.com/othersports/2080ap_wre_the_rock_says.html)

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2011, 01:12 AM
I have to say, that interview was pretty awesome. Dude's got tons of character.

keg in kc
03-25-2011, 03:32 AM
I have to say, that interview was pretty awesome. Dude's got tons of character.Yeah, he exudes a star quality that very few guys have. He's somebody that could legitimately bring in mainstream fans I think.

They've done such an awful job of building him as a wrestler, however, that I'm not sure the people who already watch the shows will ever buy him as a champion or a contender. He should have been winning matches for the last several months.

They just refuse to do that with heels, and he's another guy who doesn't look like he could beat you up in an alley, so Vince will probably never really push him. If only he could hulk the Big Slow up onto his back for some move. Because that's what champions do.

Over-Head
03-25-2011, 04:51 AM
Closest I've ccome to watching any wrestling was renting Johnsons movie "Faster" last week.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/watch-teaser-trailer-for-dwayne-johnsons-heist-movie-faster/

Over all Mehhh, typical re-hashed Hollywood good guy suposed to be killed, lives through a "hit" does time, goes after the men who set him up.

keg in kc
03-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Hopefully tonight's a good show. I've bought the last four manias, and I'd buy this one if they'd give me even the slightest hope the show won't completely suck.

Just saw this little tidbit. Wonder if anything can be read from it. As of now, The Undertaker isn't scheduled for any SmackDown live events after WrestleMania 27.

keg in kc
03-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Little bit of mistico...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dg18QrQTems" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yJ61kSImdwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OmahaChief
03-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Closest I've ccome to watching any wrestling was renting Johnsons movie "Faster" last week.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/watch-teaser-trailer-for-dwayne-johnsons-heist-movie-faster/

Over all Mehhh, typical re-hashed Hollywood good guy suposed to be killed, lives through a "hit" does time, goes after the men who set him up.

Not to mention the Rock has all of about 200 words the entire show.

Al Bundy
03-28-2011, 08:21 PM
I wonder if the Josh guy will interfere in the match between Cole and Lawler at Wrestlemania.

Captain Obvious
03-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Something tells me that Raw is going to run much longer than usual tonight.

BryanBusby
03-28-2011, 11:39 PM
I have a bad feeling HHH is going to no sell his way to an Undertaker bury at Wrestlemania, and if by any chance The Miz actually retains the WWE title..I will watch The Chaperone and will post a positive review over it. That's how sure I am Cena is gonna RAPADOO it allover the Georgia Dome.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-29-2011, 12:01 AM
I have a bad feeling HHH is going to no sell his way to an Undertaker bury at Wrestlemania, and if by any chance The Miz actually retains the WWE title..I will watch The Chaperone and will post a positive review over it. That's how sure I am Cena is gonna RAPADOO it allover the Georgia Dome.

There is absolutely no way that HHH is going to win at WM. I despise his politicking, but even he won't put himself over the Undertaker's streak.

keg in kc
03-29-2011, 04:03 AM
That sure looked like the start of a Cena turn. They won't pull the trigger, but that was 100% heel at the end.

Has me wondering if this will build to a summerslam match. I didn't expect the Rock to get physical this soon. Didn't look like he missed a beat except for the kip-up.

As far as the rest of the show goes, that was about as good a mania build as they could have done. The punk/orton stuff was great, particularly orton's short interview late in the show. The del rio/edge/christian stuff was great, although i wish there was somebody other than brodus clay involved (waste of space...). Undertaker/HHH/HBK was great, and I thought totally teased a hun-tor win (honestly I don't care, I don't like either guy). Anything with santino is fast-forward material and the snooki stuff is a total waste of time. I'm not sure where they're going with Bryan and Sheamus - the way it's going they could be setting him up for a win or burying him, and I can't believe at this point they'd take the title right back off Sheamus. And the end segment was about perfect.

It ties in with my weeks ago premonition of the Rock standing over Cena's prone form as the Miz holds up the title. But I'm not sure who you're supposed to root for at this point.

keg in kc
03-29-2011, 04:22 AM
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EfDWeVrlK1c&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EfDWeVrlK1c&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

They'll probably swerve us all by hugging to close out mania, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.RT @therock: @JohnCena - God himself can't save you from the ass kicking I will give you this Sunday at @Wrestlemania. TEAM BRING IT #WWE

Mr_Tomahawk
03-29-2011, 05:56 AM
There is absolutely no way that HHH is going to win at WM. I despise his politicking, but even he won't put himself over the Undertaker's streak.

Agreed and all that good stuff...

But, the son-in-law gets what the son-in-la, errr, what Vince wants. IF, HHH ends the streak at WM, it wouldn't shock me. I have a scene in my head of the Helmsley-McMahon Christmas...Stephanie hands Hunter a box. Hunter opens this box to find an Urn. Hunter slowly raises his head in Stephs direction with a smirk on his face. He looks over his right shoulder towards Vince who is sitting with his protein-eggnog shake. Vince looks back at Hunter with a twinkle in his eye, smiles, and nods his head.

keg in kc
03-29-2011, 09:15 AM
I can't believe I'm about to post a video from dancing with the fucking stars, but this Jericho guy is pretty entertaining...

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/43aQactaVBc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/43aQactaVBc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-29-2011, 09:58 AM
If this were 2003 and the streak had the same credence that is does now, I'd be inclined to believe that Haych would win. However, HHH said himself on the History of Wrestlemania DVD that he didn't think anyone should break the streak. If he does, at the very least it would be an awesome way to point out his hypocrisy.

That stuff aside, he had a clean win over Taker in the Chamber two years ago, and ending the streak will only hurt his rep.

I think what is most interesting will be the placement on the show. If that match goes last, then The Miz may well retain. If not, then it's Super Cena.

As far as the WHC goes, I could see either person winning. Edge may get his day in the sun, since he's never won or retained a world title at WM, but he's had a lot of success lately against ADR, so you'd think that Del Rio would get his comeuppance at 'Mania. However, maybe Edge gets destroyed on SD!.

keg in kc
03-29-2011, 10:27 AM
I believe Meltzer's been told that Undertaker/HHH is going on last, but Vince could change his mind 27 times between now and Sunday.

I actually think last night set up Miz to retain, with Rock screwing Cena, but it could just as well be set up to begin a Rock/Cena title program if Rock really is willing to wrestle, as it appears that he is (never thought I'd see the day....). In which case Rock would Rock Bottom Cena after the match rather than during it.

My gut says they're taking the title off Miz to put it on somebody who seems more 'legit' now that the talk show circuit is done. And there's also the problem of what they do with Miz at this point, with the title or without.

I hope del Rio goes over, it would seem to make the most sense, but I don't like the way they're polluting the match with Christian (well, he's okay) and Brodus (ugh). My guess is that it will have some Christian shenanigans costing Edge the title.

Brock
03-29-2011, 10:30 AM
“Y’know, Undertaker, nobody has ever beaten you at Wrestlemania. But in two weeks, at Wrestlemania, I will beat you, Undertaker. Undertaker, let’s get one thing straight… you are going to lose. I am going to beat you, Undertaker, at the Wrestlemania event in two weeks. So next week, Undertaker, I want to bring you out here and explain that in two weeks, Undertaker, I will beat you at Wresltemania.”

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Why do they call that dumb sonofabitch "the last outlaw"? Is he going back to his American Badass persona or something?

BigCatDaddy
03-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Why do they call that dumb sonofabitch "the last outlaw"? Is he going back to his American Badass persona or something?

Probably just something to do with his 20 year WWE stint. Bascially just saying he's old I guess :)

BigCatDaddy
03-29-2011, 11:54 AM
At this point isn't it safe to say the streak will never end. It's like a gift to Taker for his 2 decades of service to the company. It just doesn't really make any sense for it to ever be snapped. You could even bring him out of retirement for a one time match at WM 5 years from now against some badass heel (like the WCW Giant version) and have him go over once again. The buys on that would probably still be huge.

Superturtle
03-30-2011, 07:04 PM
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3458/barneycenacopia2.jpg

keg in kc
03-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Listening to melzer's latest show and he says the latest word is Cena/Miz going on last.

Which would I assume means Cena's going over. Which is absolutely the last thing they should do, unless Rock is leaving post-mania.

BigCatDaddy
03-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Listening to melzer's latest show and he says the latest word is Cena/Miz going on last.

Which would I assume means Cena's going over. Which is absolutely the last thing they should do, unless Rock is leaving post-mania.

Why do you think that? What better way to get the audience to come back Monday night then have the Rock walking out at the end Wrestlemania after giving the new Champ John Cena the Rock Bottom.