PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Why do you think that? What better way to get the audience to come back Monday night then have the Rock walking out at the end Wrestlemania after giving the new Champ John Cena the Rock Bottom.

It kind of sullies the point of the main event. That's supposed to be the climax of the show, not what happens afterward.

keg in kc
03-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Why do you think that? What better way to get the audience to come back Monday night then have the Rock walking out at the end Wrestlemania after giving the new Champ John Cena the Rock Bottom.Several reasons:

1. Rock/Cena, if they're really going on to a summerslam match, don't need a title to sell their program.
2. The miz needs a win much, much more than Cena does. He needs a clean win, in fact, one that makes him look like a legit star going forward, and not a geek being sent back down to the midcard so the real stars can take the stage. That isn't going to happen, of course, he's not going to win, much less win clean, if they go on last, but that's what should happen.

People are probably going to get what they want, which is Rock rock bottoming Cena, but if it comes at the expense of the Miz, I think it's a bad move going forward. The Rock is not back permanently, this is a program that ends in a few months (if it doesn't end Monday), and if all that comes out of it in the end is pushing Cena (their only real star right now...), and nobody else, than it's not the right thing.

There's always the possibility of Rock screwing Cena over to keep the title on Miz, but that doesn't seem likely if the match really is going on last.

keg in kc
04-01-2011, 05:24 PM
You have got to be shitting me...--This is not an April Fool's joke. WWE has followed the lead by KFC. There was a meeting yesterday where the subject was to no longer be called World Wrestling Entertainment, because of Vince's decree to eliminate the word wrestling from the product, and just be WWE. A couple of sources have said the meeting ended with that directive, one of which came from ESPN which got the word.

SnakeXJones
04-01-2011, 05:42 PM
You have got to be shitting me...I wouldnt fall for that one bit

keg in kc
04-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Bit of possible news today:--Dwayne Johnson will be on Jay Leno Tuesday night most likely to talk about what he does tomorrow at Mania. He will get physical significantly more so than Monday, and it will be built for something going forward. Drew Carrey will be on Lopez Tonight on Tuesday and The Talk on Wednesday. David Arquette will be on Leno on Friday.

keg in kc
04-03-2011, 12:39 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TMezkmjVpys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VIbHrb-YzLA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
04-03-2011, 03:04 PM
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9LAaNUi5MTU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9LAaNUi5MTU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Sometimes I wonder how over he'd be if they let him work matches, talk for himself and didn't have Cole bury him on commentary for a year.

Short Leash Hootie
04-03-2011, 04:00 PM
anyone know of a GOOD stream tonight?

Captain Obvious
04-03-2011, 04:23 PM
anyone know of a GOOD stream tonight?

+1

Mr_Tomahawk
04-03-2011, 05:24 PM
+2

dirk digler
04-03-2011, 06:03 PM
http://livefootballstream.net/

choose the boxing-wwe-ufc tab

BryanBusby
04-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Interesting starting match. I think we're going to see a new champion

E: Uh really?

dirk digler
04-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Edge Wins

BryanBusby
04-03-2011, 07:01 PM
ahahahaha Zack Ryder doing his rendition of that awful Friday song

dirk digler
04-03-2011, 07:08 PM
what a waste of a match

BryanBusby
04-03-2011, 07:16 PM
So far this Wrestlemania is ****ing terrible

Save_Us.CMPunk

keg in kc
04-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I love that they pushed the Sheamus/Bryan match off the card to give Snooki more time.

(I read that match started as a lumberjack match and ended as a battle royal that somehow Khali won. What?)

Ceej
04-03-2011, 08:30 PM
So far this has been a big, steaming pile of shit.

BryanBusby
04-03-2011, 08:38 PM
So far HHH/Undertaker is completely turning this Wrestlemania around

Superturtle
04-03-2011, 08:56 PM
OMGZ chairshotz to head!!!!!!

dirk digler
04-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Great match

Superturtle
04-03-2011, 09:06 PM
That took a while.... still doesn't make up for the shitfest that is this WRESTLEMANIA.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-03-2011, 09:19 PM
As others have said...

Overall mania has been horse shit...fans chanting boring during Lawlers and Coles match.

HHH and 'Takers match was fairly entertaining tho.

dirk digler
04-03-2011, 09:21 PM
lol that was actually a pretty good move by Snooki

Sfeihc
04-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Who knew Snooks has got moves?!?

Superturtle
04-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Why were ziggler and Morrison in that match? Couldn't we have just had a mitb with Ziggler, Morrison, Kingston, Mysterio , Rhodes, Bryan, Sheamus, and Christian? Would've been a great mitb......

Superturtle
04-03-2011, 09:31 PM
This cena entrance is wtf worthy.

dirk digler
04-03-2011, 09:34 PM
I have to think Miz retains

Mr_Tomahawk
04-03-2011, 09:35 PM
This cena entrance is wtf worthy.

I actually enjoyed the Miz' little hilight reel...

dirk digler
04-03-2011, 09:36 PM
For some reason I was thinking the Rock was the special referee

Mr_Tomahawk
04-03-2011, 09:37 PM
I have to think Miz retains

My prediction...

The Rock interferes...causes Miz to retain title.

Sets up Rock vs Cena and Miz vs Orton scenario. HHH disappears and licks his taint for another year...

Superturtle
04-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Couldn't have been the 2 month program between the 3, could it??

dirk digler
04-03-2011, 09:41 PM
My prediction...

The Rock interferes...causes Miz to retain title.

Sets up Rock vs Cena and Miz vs Orton scenario. HHH disappears and licks his taint for another year...

That is probably right

Ceej
04-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Is this a main event on Raw, or Wrestlemania? Jesus...

Mr_Tomahawk
04-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Glad I didn't pay to watch this...

Mr_Tomahawk
04-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Wow...so the WWE just committed suicide.

Sfeihc
04-03-2011, 09:52 PM
A draw? What is this the UFC?

BryanBusby
04-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Outside of UT/HHH, this Wrestlemania totally sucked.

CoMoChief
04-03-2011, 09:54 PM
lol wwe sucks.....every one of their writers deserves to be fired after this crapfest of a Wrestlemania. Probably the worst Wrestlemania ever IMO.

Superturtle
04-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Surprised face

Sfeihc
04-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Rock Bottom! Rock Bottom! Rock Bottom!

dirk digler
04-03-2011, 09:58 PM
that was really a stupid ending. I am so glad I didn't waste any money on WM

Superturtle
04-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Pathetic ppv. Take out HHH and undertaker, and you would have a halfway decent Raw.

BryanBusby
04-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Outside of HHH/Taker, the entire PPV seemed like an extended Raw.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Terrible.

The Raw where the Rock came back a few weeks ago was more exciting...

CoMoChief
04-03-2011, 10:03 PM
There's just no more star power anymore. Terrible writers/storyline etc.

I mean come on....Michael Cole??? Who's this bitch that talks like Roseanne Barr? Fooling around w/ email on laptops at ringside?

Who the **** is The Miz? John Cena has always been gay, that won't ever change. HORRIBLE main event. I thought The Rock was gonna be more involved than what he was. Just horrible. Booker T??? That guy's a loser.

LOL at the fools who spent money on this ppv. WWE has gone down the shitter in the last 8-9 yrs.

HHH and Taker was a good match. Other than that this was the worst WM ever.

Short Leash Hootie
04-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Thought the rock and stone cold were great...me and one of my roommates fell asleep during the orton travesty...

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b5.1.1 using Tapatalk

keg in kc
04-03-2011, 10:28 PM
The HHH/Undertaker and Miz/Cena matches were worth the price. CM Punk's match was exactly what I expected it to be; Orton's the new Cena, as in getting then 'never lose' treatment. Snooki shouldn't have been on the fucking show. It ended exactly the way I wanted it to end. Miz needs to be the champion, and Cena needs to be feuding with Rock.

BryanBusby
04-03-2011, 10:38 PM
I figure there will be another draft coming in the next week or so.

Ceej
04-03-2011, 10:43 PM
The HHH/Undertaker and Miz/Cena matches were worth the price. CM Punk's match was exactly what I expected it to be; Orton's the new Cena, as in getting then 'never lose' treatment. Snooki shouldn't have been on the ****ing show. It ended exactly the way I wanted it to end. Miz needs to be the champion, and Cena needs to be feuding with Rock.

Were you, by chance, watching it for FREE? What a burnt turd Wrestlemania. Bring back the "Attitude" days.

BryanBusby
04-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Edge/Del Rio - *** Match was okay, nothing memorable. I had a feeling Del Rio wouldn't get the win. Segment after the match was pointless and lengthy.
Corre/Kane, Big Show, Santino, Kofi - 1/2 This was a Wrestlemania match over Bryan/Shaemus?
Cody/Rey - ** Started off good, last part basically gave botchmania a clip they don't even have to edit.
Punk/Orton - **** Good match even though I hated the result and cool finish.
Cole/Lawler - ** Way too long. People will shit on Cole, but he played the annoying pussy heel role well.
Taker/HHH - ***** Better than the HBK/Taker series IMO. Mainly a spot fest, but they pulled off really well; Match of the Year candidate
Sluts and 2 dudes tag team match - Was busy dealing with the incoming hail storm, so I did not see it. I assume it ****ing sucked though.
Cena/Miz - *** Miz and Cena actually wrestled a decent match, but the wtf booking over shadowed it.

Outside of Taker/HHH and Punk/Orton, the matches were either terrible or trashed by bad booking.

keg in kc
04-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Were you, by chance, watching it for FREE? What a burnt turd Wrestlemania. Bring back the "Attitude" days.No, I paid for it.

keg in kc
04-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Edge/Del Rio - *** Match was okay, nothing memorable. I had a feeling Del Rio wouldn't get the win. Segment after the match was pointless and lengthy.That match and the Bryan/Sheamus non-match annoyed me more than anything on the show (Snooki and Corre I went and did something else...). It was a good match, but why give Edge the win, and then why waste all that time on the car at the end...

I was really disappointed when I checked online and saw they'd kicked the Bryan/Sheamus match off the card. I (literally) might not have ordered the PPV had I known that at 5:30. My fault for not checking, I'd heard earlier in the weekend they might be bumped, and kicking that match off the card when you're wasting time with Santino ****ing Marella and Snooki really turns me off. And then to find out they didn't even have a real match, and that it turned into a goddamn battle royal with ****ing Khali going over. Knowing that would have probably gotten me watching a stream.

Ray's captain America outfit was about as stupid an outfit as I've seen him in, which is saying something.

Punk and Orton was a really good match, but that's one of the worst 'feuds' I've ever seen. What in the world was the point of it? Other than to apparently feed Orton more wins.

I liked Cole and Lawler right up until the point where the Anonymous GM dinged it. That gimmick needs to stop like 6 months ago. And then stunning the announcers just to get the JR/Lawler booth back together was stupid.

Speaking of JR and Lawler, hearing the two of them together again is going to make Cole sound that much worse tomorrow.

Reaper16
04-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Taker/HHH sucked ass. Triple H's ego is so fucking huge; he made himself look like an unstoppable monster tonight. "Undertaker got lucky" is a terrible way to finish.

keg in kc
04-03-2011, 11:40 PM
As far as Wrestlemania goes, unless they get to the point where they start building new stars, it's going to be a steady decline. They're out of people to bring back, and they spend so much time on skits and backstage bullshit that they don't build matches anymore.

I'm usually pretty optimistic, but 5 years from now we might be looking back longingly to the days when the rock came back for a few months. I think they need to start making some changes, or they're going to be in real trouble.

I think there's zero chance they make any changes, however, with the new 'WWE' edict. They're (or Vince is) getting so bent on 'entertainment' over 'wrestling', that I think we're only going to see more and more garbage like hornswoggle and khali and santino.

BigCatDaddy
04-04-2011, 06:33 AM
Taker/HHH sucked ass. Triple H's ego is so ****ing huge; he made himself look like an unstoppable monster tonight. "Undertaker got lucky" is a terrible way to finish.

The ending reminded me of the Sonnen/Silva fight in UFC. I wonder if Taker didn't come up with that idea himself since he is a huge MMA fan.

It's also getting tougher to sale the notion in a WM match the Undertaker might lose so his opponent really needed to give him a major beatdown to even tease it.

keg in kc
04-04-2011, 10:13 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2uha1qc.jpg

Sfeihc
04-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Booket T and SCSA at the grocery store is an all-timer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZxqhCumGJs

keg in kc
04-04-2011, 12:05 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/e6rcxs.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/20h12pz.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2r7vmhj.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/mcrthl.jpg

keg in kc
04-04-2011, 12:06 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/1yltt1.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/rmo9is.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/33e3dhg.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/n3vyq8.jpg

Captain Obvious
04-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Looking back on last night, the Punk/Orton match was pretty good. But damn, it could have and probably should have been the best match of the night. I'm hoping this isn't the end of the feud and they actually give Punk a couple of wins.

keg in kc
04-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Looking back on last night, the Punk/Orton match was pretty good. But damn, it could have and probably should have been the best match of the night. I'm hoping this isn't the end of the feud and they actually give Punk a couple of wins.There is some speculation that the guys in the lower matches on the card were told not to do too much in order to not overshadow Hun-TOR and taker. And I think I could see that. I think they wanted to highlight Snooki's somersault too.

There really wasn't a whole lot on the show in terms of guys doing more than their basic Raw move-sets. There wasn't really anything at all in the Edge/Del Rio match (although I thought it was a good match...), Cody and Rey did next to nothing in their match. The Corre match was nothing start to finish. There were a couple of good spots in the Punk match, especially the springboard clothesline into the RKO at the end (that was sweet, although I hated Punk losing yet again...). It was even reported earlier in the week that the Piledriver was out of the Cole/Lawler match. Probably the most spectacular non HHH/Taker move of the night was Morrison's Starship Pain from the top rope to the floor (that was nuts....).

I think it is kind of sad when these are arguably the two athletic highlights of the night, aside from what I thought was a pretty spectacular HHH/taker match...

http://i51.tinypic.com/ms0j83.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/t6fle9.jpg

Mr. Arrowhead
04-04-2011, 01:40 PM
where was the back stabbings?

keg in kc
04-04-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm legit wondering if Raw will be a better show tonight than mania was. Both Rock and Stone Cold are on it.

The more I think about it, the more I think about how odd all of the booking was on the show last night. I don't think any of the feuds outside of HHH/Taker (which wasn't really a feud...) ended on what's supposed to be the biggest show of the year. Del Rio is still going to be wrestling Edge (or is that sports entertaining Edge?). Cody is still going to be wrestling Mysterio. I doubt Punk and Orton are done. Lawler and Cole are obviously not finished (why, I don't know...). Miz/Cena/Rock must go on.

Really bizarre. Shouldn't things build up to Mania, rather than have Mania building up to Raw or the next PPV? This is like TNA booking. Did they re-hire Russo while nobody was looking?

BryanBusby
04-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Everything feels right again with JR back announcing

Superturtle
04-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Thank god for good ol JR

Superturtle
04-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Seriously. I'm spoiled after Wrestlemania, can I please have just JR and King announcing?

Superturtle
04-04-2011, 08:35 PM
.....Fuck it, WWE.... From JR and Lawler to Cole, Matthews and Booker T. Booker T is the ONLY acceptable one......

Buck
04-04-2011, 09:14 PM
BOOKER T: WE COMIN FOR YOU NIGGA!

Superturtle
04-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Waiting for Sin Cara to debut. Pretty damn good match with Primo at a house show.

BryanBusby
04-04-2011, 09:19 PM
I'd pop huge for a series of Sin Cara/Evan Bourne matches

Superturtle
04-04-2011, 09:25 PM
In Ring action tonight has been better than last nights ppv...

Superturtle
04-04-2011, 09:37 PM
What the fuck? Where is Sin Cara?

BryanBusby
04-04-2011, 09:56 PM
rather short debut, but holy shit Sin Cara

Superturtle
04-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Jesus, I've never seen that on WWE. From the floor to over the top rope.

keg in kc
04-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Jesus, I've never seen that on WWE. From the floor to over the top rope.Watching the replay, I think there had to be a mini-trampoline on the floor (somebody used to do that, who?)

keg in kc
04-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Alright, that was exactly what they should do, leave that match for WM28, but goddamn if it wasn't a letdown to hear the Rock say that.

Superturtle
04-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Oh yeah lol the spirit squad.

dirk digler
04-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Alright, that was exactly what they should do, leave that match for WM28, but goddamn if it wasn't a letdown to hear the Rock say that.

No kidding I was a little disappointed.

Farzin
04-04-2011, 10:44 PM
No kidding I was a little disappointed.

Why disappointed?

I followed RAW closely last summer because I never saw Bret Hart. Now I'm following it because my childhood hero, The Rock, came back. I started to pay less attention in 2007 and 2008.

The ending of RAW was random. I was expecting either Vince McMahon's "NO CHANCE" music or the anonymous RAW GM. Should be interesting. I guess I've been dragged back. Very interesting to see what happens for the next 12 months now that they have this match.

BryanBusby
04-04-2011, 10:46 PM
I didn't like the move of announcing the main event for a match a year away. First it just pissed off the live crowd and it's hard as hell to keep anticipation built all the way to next April.

I would of rather seen them string it along until next year.

dirk digler
04-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Why disappointed?

I followed RAW closely last summer because I never saw Bret Hart. Now I'm following it because my childhood hero, The Rock, came back. I started to pay less attention in 2007 and 2008.

The ending of RAW was random. I was expecting either Vince McMahon's "NO CHANCE" music or the anonymous RAW GM. Should be interesting. I guess I've been dragged back. Very interesting to see what happens for the next 12 months now that they have this match.

A year is a long time I don't know how they are going to keep the interest in it. I could be wrong but I don't think the Rock will be around much. And what happens if Cena gets hurt?

keg in kc
04-04-2011, 11:05 PM
A year is a long time I don't know how they are going to keep the interest in it. I could be wrong but I don't think the Rock will be around much. And what happens if Cena gets hurt?That was my thought.

On the flip side, I'd much rather see a match at WM in a year, than to see them waste this at Extreme Rules because the Rock's got a movie to shoot in June...

keg in kc
04-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Tough Enough was better than I expected, but I don't know if I can stick this out for a whole season.

dirk digler
04-04-2011, 11:09 PM
That was my thought.

On the flip side, I'd much rather see a match at WM in a year, than to see them waste this at Extreme Rules because the Rock's got a movie to shoot in June...

My first thought was SummerSlam

BryanBusby
04-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Melina vs. Alicia Fox ***** match folks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck0J7qQ_NO8

The biggest problem with dragging out Cena/Rock for a year is what the fuck do they do Cena right now? Overall Cena was buried by The Rock, drew more boos than cheers and didn't even go through with the hinted turn. Cena desperately needs to get off Raw for better writing, but he will continue to RAPADOOOO it up and get more annoying.

keg in kc
04-04-2011, 11:56 PM
My first thought was SummerSlamHe's filming something then.

Something I forgot to say earlier, Michael Cole has really turned into channel-changing heat for me. It was so great to hear JR and Lawler again, and as soon as Cole came out, it was obvious what was going to happen (at least they didn't injure JR this time...). Cole sounds so awful after those two, and now all he's doing is talking about himself. I know that's his gimmick and he's doing what he's told, but it's terrible. I did like Booker, though. He's starting to grow on me.

But I think about how great some of these matches could sound with JR calling them instead of Cole, and it just makes me sad.

And I'm so sick of hearing him bury all the babyfaces, especially the midcard guys (like daniel bryanson). The point of the guys in the booth should be helping these guys get over, not to emphasize to the audience that they're geeks.

Short Leash Hootie
04-05-2011, 01:29 AM
Cena and Rock are probably both disappearing to do more movies...

Swanman
04-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Ring of Honor ran a couple of shows in Atlanta over the weekend and put them on internet ppv, and it was an amazing value. It was $20 for both Friday and Saturday shows, for about 7 hours of wrestling. Among the two shows there were 4-5 4-star and above matches and ROH. If you are looking for something less craptastic and a lot cheaper, take a look at ROH next time they run an iPPV. This weekend's shows may still be on Gofightlive.com.

I really hope ROH can get a new tv deal with a channel like Versus. Their product destroys TNA right now, although that isn't a high hurdle at this point.

keg in kc
04-05-2011, 09:41 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/mbubkz.jpg

Mr_Tomahawk
04-05-2011, 09:49 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/mbubkz.jpg

Wut?

keg in kc
04-05-2011, 10:03 AM
If you didn't watch the show, that was the moment when the girl told Stone Cold that her favorite match of all time was Melina and Alicia Fox. He just completely deadpan says 'who?'

It was classic.

Short Leash Hootie
04-05-2011, 01:19 PM
If you didn't watch the show, that was the moment when the girl told Stone Cold that her favorite match of all time was Melina and Alicia Fox. He just completely deadpan says 'who?'

It was classic.

I've been hardcore back into the WWE the last 3 months for the first time since 2000...

I thought WrestleMania was great...and I think Tough Enough is going to be pretty awesome, too.

It's too bad The Rock and Stone Cold can't be on RAW every week...Cena is boring and Orton sucks...The Miz is pretty fucking cool though...and Shamus cracks me up.

keg in kc
04-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Okay, maybe they've regained their senses and won't be doing Sin Cara and Sheamus.*Michael Cole and Jack Swagger comes out and cut a promo where Cole brags about beating Jerry Lawler at Wrestlemania. Swagger says it was easy to train Cole. Sin Cara comes out, does his entrance and takes out Swagger with a corkscrew dive to the floor.

keg in kc
04-07-2011, 01:28 PM
If only this could happen in the real world:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_OVgPFdD41c&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_OVgPFdD41c&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

keg in kc
04-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Well, this may explain the further push away from the word 'wrestling' and the rebranding:The New WWE
April 7, 2011

To better reflect the company’s global entertainment offerings, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) announced today a new business model for future growth, including formally rebranding itself, WWE.

Two key components to WWE’s brand expansion will be the active pursuit to acquire entertainment content companies and the outsourcing of WWE’s core competencies – television and film production, live event production and licensing. As part of the new business model, the company will also focus on the development of new television products including scripted, non-scripted and animated programs, as well as the launch of a new WWE network in the next 12-18 months. The first new program of the brand expansion is Tough Enough®, WWE’s non-scripted program that debuted on the USA Network on Monday.

“The new business model of the company better reflects what WWE is all about, being a global entertainment company,” stated Vince McMahon, Chairman and CEO, WWE. “We will always be loyal to our core business that made WWE a globally known entity, however, the future of WWE will be the addition of new entertainment content opportunities beyond the ring.”

This new rebranding initiative will be highlighted through a national consumer and business-to-business advertising campaign entitled “Bigger. Badder. Better.™” The campaign kicked off at WrestleMania® XXVII on Sunday and will be featured on cable TV, print and online.

In addition to focusing on the expansion of the company, the company will bolster its core business with the launch a new talent development department headed by Paul “Triple H®” Levesque. The new department will put a greater emphasis on worldwide recruitment, training and character development to identify future WWE Superstars and Divas. The first recruit acquired under Levesque’s new department was the signing last month of future WWE Superstar, Sin Cara™, formerly known worldwide as Mistico.

About WWE
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family-friendly, PG content across all of its platforms including television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing. WWE programming is broadcast in more than 145 countries and 30 languages and reaches more than 500 million homes worldwide. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo. Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.

58kcfan89
04-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Finally got around to watching WrestleMania & Tough Enough.

I'm not a huge fan of starting the show with a title match, but was happy Edge won (not a gigantic fan of him as a face, but I've always liked the guy).

Thought Rhodes v. Mysterio would suck but I actually enjoyed it, maybe because Rey actually lost. There might be something to this "disfigured" Rhodes gimmick...

Skipped the 8 man tag. Assume it was horrible.

Punk-Orton shoulda been longer and Punk shoulda won.

Skipped the other tag match, assume it sucked as well.

Best part of Cole v. Lawler was JR returning to commentary. This Raw GM thing needs to end though.

Taker-Trips was good but I feel like some people are overrating it. Great story, but it you take the chair out, the match quality suffers big time.

Cena-Miz was better than I thought it would be and was happy it ended the way it did.

Overall, the show was better than last year's, but far from great.

Tough Enough was meh, best part by far was Austin's reaction to Alicia Fox v. Melina.

CoMoChief
04-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Horrible thing about todays WWE compared to 10 yrs ago?

The Miz - honestly who comes up with these ****ing guys? WTF is the Miz???

John Cena - Wanna-be Wiggers piss me off....pretty much covers Cena in a nutshell.

EXCUUUUUUSE MEEEEE!!!!! - :cuss::cuss: BITCH, STFU!!!

No nWo or DX - Come on, they were the shit back in the day.

No Rock or Austin......they just made Raw, don't know how else to put it. They made their appearances on WM, which quite honestly is the only reason why i watched the stream. ROFL to those who paid to watch that crapfestival of a PPV.

The Raw GM - this guy needs to ****ing go. One of the worst ideas in the entire history of man being able to logically think.

and BTW - Edge is fucking huge now, since when did he become a HW?

BigCatDaddy
04-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Maybe they have been doing this for awhile now, but I haven't followed wrestling too closely lately. Are the inflated height/weight numbers starting to become more realistic. I thought I remember HHH always being listed around 280 and at WM I think they said he was 251.

Superturtle
04-08-2011, 07:38 PM
LMAO!!! Anyone else notice Kanes expression when Santino joined the chokeslam?

keg in kc
04-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Larry Sweeney committed suicide. :(

Not sure what else to say. He'd been spiraling for a couple of years, so I can't say I'm surprised, but it's really sad news nonetheless.

SnakeXJones
04-11-2011, 08:03 PM
TNA thinking of changing their name? if they want to change their product they have to start off by firing the biggest turd in wrestling history Russo

Captain Obvious
04-11-2011, 08:19 PM
"Kong's gonna kill you."

Superturtle
04-11-2011, 08:46 PM
TEAM APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keg in kc
04-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Almost an hour in, this is looking like it might be one of the worst Raws in history.

Captain Obvious
04-11-2011, 08:58 PM
They have to end this ridiculous Cole crap.

58kcfan89
04-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Almost an hour in, this is looking like it might be one of the worst Raws in history.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Morrison, Ziggler & R-Truth in the main event with Orton & Cena? Usk.

Was excited to see Mistico wrestle but it was against freaking Primo. And the fact that they gave anyone but Barrett in the Corre an open mic was a horrible idea.

And Lawler just beat Swagger. To set up a tag match with 3 commentators at a PPV. Horrible show. Needs much more Punk & some Rocky.

Superturtle
04-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Yeah, it's pretty bad. Morrison, Ziggler & R-Truth in the main event with Orton & Cena? Usk.

Was excited to see Mistico wrestle but it was against freaking Primo. And the fact that they gave anyone but Barrett in the Corre an open mic was a horrible idea.

And Lawler just beat Swagger. To set up a tag match with 3 commentators at a PPV. Horrible show. Needs much more Punk & some Rocky.
I think he wrestled Primo because of the dark matches the 2 had. They were pretty decent, but Primo botched that spot..

Reaper16
04-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Sin Cara's top-rope Rock Bottom superplex finisher is AWESOME.

Al Bundy
04-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Edge retiring?

Superturtle
04-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Edge is gone... That kind of sucks for Smackdown.

Captain Obvious
04-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Edge retiring?

If not, he's doing a hell of a job selling it.

Superturtle
04-11-2011, 09:18 PM
So why the hell didnt Del Rio win at Mania? Could've gotten him a ton of heat by ending Edges career.

Captain Obvious
04-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Damn...that sucks.

Reaper16
04-11-2011, 09:25 PM
If that WAS indeed Edge's retirement speech for real, then: Thank you for the years of entertainment, Adam Copeland. Sincerely. Thank you.

Superturtle
04-11-2011, 09:30 PM
That was legit. No one was in character during the break.

58kcfan89
04-11-2011, 09:34 PM
If that WAS indeed Edge's retirement speech for real, then: Thank you for the years of entertainment, Adam Copeland. Sincerely. Thank you.

This. This times a million.

I've been a huge Edge mark since his E&C days and one of my favorite memories were the Smackdown shows when he was at the top of his heel game & being there with my best friend. Edge would get booed outta the building while my friend & I cheered like hell for him. Dude made me buy PPVs numerous times.

Thanks, Adam/Edge. I'm gunna miss you.

Al Bundy
04-11-2011, 09:53 PM
So why the hell didnt Del Rio win at Mania? Could've gotten him a ton of heat by ending Edges career.

They probably didn't know until last week.

58kcfan89
04-11-2011, 10:00 PM
lol @ the way they're booking R-Truth. Dude hasn't been in a meaningful feud since Impact & now he's being booked like this? Yeesh.

Superturtle
04-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Seriously. Where the fuck has he been? I cant remember seeing him since last month..

BryanBusby
04-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Didn't get a chance to watch Raw this week as I had to get my taxes done. Should I bother watching it off my DVR?

As for the Edge retirement, I think it is definitely legitimate.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/edge-announcement

A huge blow to Smackdown, as they really don't have a top face anymore (unless you want to count the Big Show, who is dull to watch). Would be nice to see Christian actually get pushed.

58kcfan89
04-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Didn't get a chance to watch Raw this week as I had to get my taxes done. Should I bother watching it off my DVR?

As for the Edge retirement, I think it is definitely legitimate.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/edge-announcement

A huge blow to Smackdown, as they really don't have a top face anymore (unless you want to count the Big Show, who is dull to watch). Would be nice to see Christian actually get pushed.

No. Hell no. Edge's speech was worth watching as was the Sin Cara match. The rest of the show can DIAF.

keg in kc
04-11-2011, 11:52 PM
I actually liked the Cole/Lawler/Swagger/JR segment a lot - JR shaking the Cole Mine was my favorite part of the show - although they dragged it out too much, like everything else in the feud for the last two weeks. But the idea of Cole ****ing himself over and getting a 3-on-1 beating at the PPV would be great, if they stuck with it (which they won't). They could even turn Swagger face with it.

I'm watching Raw, and the first time Cena comes out, and I really pay attention to his TitanTron, and just how much they're playing up the red, white and blue color scheme, and I'm convinced they're going full heel with him. And he's doing a lot of heelish stuff lately.

Ron Killings in the main event at a PPV makes no sense.

They've got to change Sin Cara's entrance. He's eventually going to completely botch that trampoline jump into the ring. His match was okay, and I got a bit of a laugh out of Lawler no-selling Primo's botch of Sin Cara's finisher. How the **** did he not get hurt falling from the top turnbuckle to the floor like that?? That was a broken ankle waiting to happen.

Edge's speech was great. I used to be a big fan of his, but the last couple of years I've really gotten tired of him. Even so, it's sad to see him go, although it's good he gets to go out on top. Hopefully it's Christian's moment now.

The women's matches are a complete waste of time now. None of the diva's who are featured can work a lick. Good to see Kong finally. Hopefully she can just, I don't know, eat all of them or something.

I feel really bad for Matt Sydal and Bryan Danielson right about now, having to lackey to Santino fucking Marella. At least he ate the pin. Unfortunately it looks like the highlight of their careers in the near future will be the goddamn air trombone. Jesus ****ing christ.

The 5 workers in the main event made no sense. 4 faces (well, 3 and whatever Orton is) and 1 heel, only two of the guys legit. You knew Cena was going to get the PPV match, and I thought Orton was there for Punk to jump (where was Punk I wonder?), but the other 3 guys are just....guys. Lame end to a lame show.

I swear, Tough Enough is the best WWE show on the air right now. And that's probably because WWE has almost no input (it's USA network's baby, as I understand it, rather than Vince's) hence you see and hear words like "wrestling" and "belt" and Stone Cold acting like...well, Stone Cold.

keg in kc
04-12-2011, 12:45 AM
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WOjbtGubG5I&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WOjbtGubG5I&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

58kcfan89
04-12-2011, 01:37 PM
I actually liked the Cole/Lawler/Swagger/JR segment a lot - JR shaking the Cole Mine was my favorite part of the show - although they dragged it out too much, like everything else in the feud for the last two weeks. But the idea of Cole ****ing himself over and getting a 3-on-1 beating at the PPV would be great, if they stuck with it (which they won't). They could even turn Swagger face with it.

I'm watching Raw, and the first time Cena comes out, and I really pay attention to his TitanTron, and just how much they're playing up the red, white and blue color scheme, and I'm convinced they're going full heel with him. And he's doing a lot of heelish stuff lately.

Ron Killings in the main event at a PPV makes no sense.

They've got to change Sin Cara's entrance. He's eventually going to completely botch that trampoline jump into the ring. His match was okay, and I got a bit of a laugh out of Lawler no-selling Primo's botch of Sin Cara's finisher. How the **** did he not get hurt falling from the top turnbuckle to the floor like that?? That was a broken ankle waiting to happen.

Edge's speech was great. I used to be a big fan of his, but the last couple of years I've really gotten tired of him. Even so, it's sad to see him go, although it's good he gets to go out on top. Hopefully it's Christian's moment now.

The women's matches are a complete waste of time now. None of the diva's who are featured can work a lick. Good to see Kong finally. Hopefully she can just, I don't know, eat all of them or something.

I feel really bad for Matt Sydal and Bryan Danielson right about now, having to lackey to Santino ****ing Marella. At least he ate the pin. Unfortunately it looks like the highlight of their careers in the near future will be the goddamn air trombone. Jesus ****ing christ.

The 5 workers in the main event made no sense. 4 faces (well, 3 and whatever Orton is) and 1 heel, only two of the guys legit. You knew Cena was going to get the PPV match, and I thought Orton was there for Punk to jump (where was Punk I wonder?), but the other 3 guys are just....guys. Lame end to a lame show.

I swear, Tough Enough is the best WWE show on the air right now. And that's probably because WWE has almost no input (it's USA network's baby, as I understand it, rather than Vince's) hence you see and hear words like "wrestling" and "belt" and Stone Cold acting like...well, Stone Cold.

Agreed on Cena turning heel in the next few months, R-Truth in the ME, Sin Cara, Edge's speech, Santino & Tough Enough.

Disagree on the Cole/King/JR feud. It needs to end without having 3 commentators in a PPV match. Hopefully it ends with Cole getting shitcanned or something, cause he's been awful recently.

Oh, and Smackdown's fucked without Edge.

Hays
04-12-2011, 01:53 PM
A lot of people thought it was a work at first, but it looks like he is officially retired because of problems with his spine and neck.

Uncontrollable shaking at times and other issues.

Too bad it has to end that way for anyone.

keg in kc
04-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Disagree on the Cole/King/JR feud. It needs to end without having 3 commentators in a PPV match. Hopefully it ends with Cole getting shitcanned or something, cause he's been awful recently.It's not a match (or, rather, it shouldn't be booked as such - that was the problem with Wrestlemania...). What it is, or what it should be, is three guys beating up Cole for 10 minutes. He finally gets his. That's what people want to see...

It's a perfect opportunity to turn Swagger face and start pushing him as a main eventer (again), too.Oh, and Smackdown's ****ed without Edge.

The problem is, it should have ended at Wrestlemania and Cole shouldn't have had much, if any, offense on Lawler.Both brands are ****ed right now. That's why you're seeing bizarre shit like R-Truth going from perennial jobber to 2 clean pins in a gauntlet and a PPV main event for a title.

People have been saying it for years: they haven't been building any new stars. They've been stopping and starting people for years and years, or when they bring in new people like Bryan Danielson - who are already over when they get there, and/or show signs of getting over when they debut - they immediately squash them because they aren't "their" guys. Danielson in particular is a dropped ball, because they've all but killed him after months of losing on NXT (and people were watching that show, back at the beginnin) and months of Cole burying him and then months of giving him the boring geek gimmick on Raw. He was over immediately after that debut match with Jericho. And now he's playing lackey to Santino in ****ing APPLE and nobody cares. He doesn't have the size to be a main eventer, that's always been the reality, but he could have been an upper mid-card star. And they did everything they could to kill that.

They need to start protecting people the way they protect Cena and Orton (who don't need protection to begin with...). Guys need wins, guys need to look strong. And they just refuse to do that for anybody who isn't either a) 6'4, 250+ lbs and b) somebody (preferably a bodybuilder) that they discovered and brought through FCW themselves. Or, I guess, c) a 2nd or 3rd generation WWE entertainer.

Undertaker is gone, HunTOR is gone, HBK is gone and now Edge is gone. And there's nobody there to step in for them. Vince McMahon can't blame anybody but himself for that.

keg in kc
04-12-2011, 02:07 PM
A lot of people thought it was a work at first, but it looks like he is officially retired because of problems with his spine and neck.

Uncontrollable shaking at times and other issues.

Too bad it has to end that way for anyone.I thought it was a work until he started to break down. The longer it went on, and then when Del Rio didn't interrupt, and then when he walked the superstar gauntlet backstage and some of them were in tears, there wasn't much doubt.

Brock
04-12-2011, 02:11 PM
That looked fake and contrived to me, even if it wasn't.

Sofa King
04-12-2011, 02:47 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DVGi5mn_BEw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that would truly suck.

Hays
04-12-2011, 02:50 PM
WWE just found out about the retirement after Wrestlemania otherwise Del Rio would have one.

They say now they will let their plans known on Smackdown about the heavyweight belt.

58kcfan89
04-12-2011, 04:45 PM
...HBK is gone and now Edge is gone...

:( :deevee:

And yeah, they really need to let Danielson, Swagger, Punk and a host of other guys just do their thing.

They say now they will let their plans known on Smackdown about the heavyweight belt.

Edge hands over the belt in the same arena he first won it at. Full circle I guess...

keg in kc
04-12-2011, 04:58 PM
And yeah, they really need to let Danielson, Swagger, Punk and a host of other guys just do their thing.Unfortunately you know exactly what they'll do. Instead of hiring and pushing a few established indy workers like Punk (who's managed to get over despite everything they've done - he's that good a talker...) and Danielson, they'll bring in "their" guys from FCW a long time before they're ready and then bury them when they look green and/or don't get over immediately (NXT, Mason Ryan...).

The only way they're going to get a new guy over as a major star is if they do what they did initially with Sheamus, and that's put him on a win streak. Make him look like a monster.

Of course, then they'll go on and do what they did with Sheamus (and countless guys before him...), and return him to the midcard and job him out and then you're back to square 1 and Randy Orton interrupting SuperCena at the beginning of Raw.

dirk digler
04-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Kind of sad to see Edge retire and I hope he is able to fully recover and lead a productive and full life.

big nasty kcnut
04-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Great guy i've met him and he was a good guy i hope he heal up and then come back as a manger or commentator.

keg in kc
04-12-2011, 07:46 PM
This is rich:We noted last week the irony of "Wrestling" being removed from the company name on the weekend of WrestleMania, and in the past we've noted other terms that Vince McMahon finds undesirable. "Belt," for instance, is not allowed. Superstars do not win belts. They win championships. For a while he didn't even want the superstars to wear the championships around their waists, because, well, you wear a belt around your waist and this isn't your father's pro-rasslin where folks wear title belts.

This week we are going to look at a list of banned terms. Every now and then you'll hear "wrestling" uttered on WWE television, at which point some people will say this is proof that there aren't really any set rules about what you can and cannot say, and that perhaps people like Dave Meltzer and I are making this up. As a matter of fact, WWE has an information sheet that they send all over the world to folks who do international voice-overs in other countries, and it includes a list of "Incorrect Terminology," which is further identified as being incorrect via a bright red "X," and an accompanying list of "Correct Terminology," which is accompanied by a happy green check mark. The information sheet, titled, "The Language of WWE," reads in full:

World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) is a publicly traded entertainment company (NYSE: WWE) that creates and delivers a weekly action soap opera to its passionate fans.

WWE has been a recognized leader in entertainment for more than 25 years and has developed into one of the most popular and sophisticated forms of global entertainment today.

As a global entertainment brand, the language that we use when communicating on WWE is critical.

Please ensure that you are familiar and employing the below, effective immediately.

Let's take a look at these terms, shall we?

"Wrestling" or "Catch" is prohibited. Several European countries still use the 19th-century term "catch" to describe the art of pro-wrestling and "catchers" to describe wrestlers. Catch (as in "catch-as-catch-can") was a style of submission-based grappling practiced in Lancashire, England and later brought to the United States by immigrants in the mid-1800s. Many of the terms used up through the '90s, including "collar-and-elbow tie-up," have their roots in catch, and several MMA stars today, perhaps most notably Josh Barnett, claim their submission style is catch wrestling. "The Language of WWE" states that the following phrases are incorrect: "Wrestling is broadcast in 145 countries," or "Catch is broadcast in 145 countries." The correct terminology is: "WWE is broadcast in 145 countries."

"Sports" is incorrect. What is allowed is "Entertainment or Action Soap Opera." "Eg: WWE is exciting entertainment," or "WWE is an exciting action soap opera." It should be noted that "action soap opera" in the above example is also printed in bold, presumably to make sure that there is no confusion.

"Catchers or Wrestlers." Definitely banned. Incorrect examples are "Catchers are unique characters" or "Wrestlers are unique characters." You may only say "WWE Superstars." "Eg: WWE Superstars are unique characters." As is their Chairman.

"Athletes or Sportsmen." Banned. I will admit, I was surprised to learn that "athlete" is a banned term, if only because for years and years I have heard wrestlers and fans say, "It might be fake, but these guys are tremendous athletes." No longer can you say, for example, "WWE Superstars are brilliant athletes," or "WWE Superstars are brilliant sportsmen." Nope. You must call them, and I am not making this up, "Entertainers with tremendous athletic prowess." They even give an example: "WWE Superstars are entertainers with tremendous athletic prowess." What normal person in their right mind would ever utter a sentence such as that?

"Fight." Not allowed. You cannot say, "WWE's first fight of the night." You may say, "Match" or "Bout." "Eg: WWE's first match of the night" or "WWE's first bout of the night."

"Fighting." "The fighting was enthralling" is ixnayed. OK, however, is the term "action." "Eg: The action was enthralling."

The printout concludes with the following three "Key Soundbytes":

* WWE is pure entertainment

* WWE is an action soap opera

* WWE Superstars are entertainers with tremendous athletic prowess

keg in kc
04-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Not looking good for Christian taking Edge's spot. Smackdown taping spoiler* Alberto Del Rio comes out and says tonight is about Edge. Del Rio says it is his destiny to win the World Heavyweight Championship but not this way. He says Edge should just come out and present him with the belt. Teddy Long comes out and says it won't be going down like that. Long informs Del Rio he'll still fight in a Ladder Match at Extreme Rules for the belt but a new number one contender will be determined in a 20-man over-the-top battle royal later tonight.

keg in kc
04-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Not looking good for Christian taking Edge's spot. Smackdown taping spoiler* Alberto Del Rio comes out and says tonight is about Edge. Del Rio says it is his destiny to win the World Heavyweight Championship but not this way. He says Edge should just come out and present him with the belt. Teddy Long comes out and says it won't be going down like that. Long informs Del Rio he'll still fight in a Ladder Match at Extreme Rules for the belt but a new number one contender will be determined in a 20-man over-the-top battle royal later tonight.Oooh, check that:* 20-Man Battle Royal to face Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship in a Ladder Match at Extreme Rules. Participants include Big Show, Chris Masters, JTG, Yoshi Tatsu, Trent Barreta, Heath Slater, Ezekiel Jackson, Chavo Guerrero, Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Tyler Reks, Kofi Kingston, Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes, Curt Hawkins, Christian, Jack Swagger, Rey Mysterio, Brodus Clay and Kane. Justin Gabriel is eliminated by Barrett. Final four are Christian, Jack Swagger, Justin Gabriel and Rey Mysterio. Mysterio eliminates Gabriel then sets Swagger up for the 619. Michael Cole interferes and takes the 619 for Swagger. Swagger eliminates Mysterio. Christian eliminates Swagger to win the match. After the match, Edge comes out and celebrates with him. Edge and Christian pose in the ring as the entire locker room clears out to applaud them on the ramp.

Superturtle
04-12-2011, 09:06 PM
At least it seems Corre is finally getting some credibility.

Superturtle
04-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Tonight's RAW. Contains a Heel Turn that's been a long time coning.

- Jerry “The King” Lawler and Jim Ross came out to the ring to a huge pop. Michael Cole got a ton of heel heat and quickly made his way to the Cole Mine.

- R-Truth came out first to begin the show. The crowd started off booing him but they calmed down. Truth said he’s going to win his first WWE championship at Extreme Rules and would be a fighting champion. Cue John Morrison’s music, who came out and said said Truth got lucky last week and had help in beating him. Morrison challenged Truth to a match with his spot in the Extreme Rules triple threat WWE title match on the line.

- John Morrison defeated R-Truth by pinfall after hitting Starship Pain and is now in the WWE title match at Extreme Rules, replacing R-Truth. After the match, Truth attacked Morrison at ringside. R-Truth grabbed a cigarette from a fan and started smoking it.

- Dolph Ziggler (w/Vickie Guerrero) defeated Evan Bourne. Vickie got the loudest reaction from the crowd yet, coming out to a thunderous round of boos. The finish came when Evan Bourne went for a Shooting Star Press and called an audible mid-way and landed on his feet. Ziggler nailed him with the Zig Zag for the pin – our correspondent said it was a great spot.

- A tribute video was aired for Edge and it was announced that Alberto Del Rio will host a retirement party for Edge this Friday on SmackDown.

- WWE Champion The Miz came out and talked about John Morrison replacing R-Trith in the triple threat match at Extreme Rules on 5/1. The Miz then revealed that match will be held inside a steel cage.

Miz sat on a chair in the middle of the ring and started running down London. Sin Cara’s music hit and he interrupted Miz. John Cena then came out as well, to a very mixed reaction. The RAW General Manager booked Sin Cara and John Cena vs. The Miz and Alex Riley for tonight.

- John Cena and Sin Cara defeated Alex Riley and The Miz. Miz left Riley alone at the end of the match. Sin Cara hit Riley with a move off the top rope and Cena hit him with the AA for the pin.

- Edge will be at SmackDown in person this Friday.

- Eve defeated Nikki Bella.

- Michael Cole announces that tonight – he’s going to be crowned “King Cole.” As Cole is knighted, he demands Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross to kiss his feet. Swagger down Lawler and Ross and forces them to do it. Sir Michael Cole leaves the ring.

- Still to come tonight: CM Punk vs. Randy Orton.

- Michael Cole returns to the Cole Mine and Josh Mathews joins him on commentary.

- Sheamus defeats Santino Marella with the Brogue Kick. After the match, Santino looked very beat up and was assisted by medical personnel.

- Randy Orton defeated CM Punk. Nexus was banned from ringside. After the match, the Nexus hit the ring and beat down Orton. Punk tried to punt Orton in the head but Orton moved and then nailed Punk with the RKO. with an RKO. Orton escaped the ring and headed up the ramp. Nexus argued in the ring, leaving Punk all alone.

Captain Obvious
04-18-2011, 07:56 PM
"He's callin' you a wiener?"

Superturtle
04-18-2011, 08:10 PM
That was a sad promo....

58kcfan89
04-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Is it just me or does this show really suck tonight? Like, moreso than usual?

keg in kc
04-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Is it just me or does this show really suck tonight? Like, moreso than usual?I read the spoilers before it aired and thought "this show is really going to suck" and then watched it and was surprised to discover that it did in fact suck.

I thought Punk and Orton had a really good match, but once again the wrong guy won. And then he RKO'd Punk in the middle of all his stooges.

What the fuck is the point of that feud?

I guess they're trying hard to make Orton the next Cena, minus the goofy 'humor'.

The opening segment, with Morrison and Truth, was painfully bad. I know I talk all the time about creating new stars, so I know that I'm being fickle when I way "not those two".

Renegade
04-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Why are they promoting Cole so hard? He is the main reason I am about to quit watching again. The whole knighting ceremony was WTF.

Hays
04-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Can Lawler just stop wrestling, he is 165 years old that gets dumb that he even gets cheered for.

Cole is horrible too, RAW is hurting right now with their plots.

OmahaChief
04-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Why are they promoting Cole so hard? He is the main reason I am about to quit watching again. The whole knighting ceremony was WTF.

That ceremony was about as cool as Mae Young giving birth a few years back. The lack of competition for WWE has mad them fat and lazy and the product is suffering.

keg in kc
04-19-2011, 03:23 PM
They've added a last man standing match between punk and orton at the ppv.

I'm sure it'll be great. And I'm sure punk will lose yet again in a feud that makes absolutely no sense at all.

58kcfan89
04-19-2011, 04:00 PM
They've added a last man standing match between punk and orton at the ppv.

I'm sure it'll be great. And I'm sure punk will lose yet again in a feud that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Pretty sure they're about to kill another Punk stable. The Straightedge Society got killed off before they were able to do anything truly great while they've buried Nexus to the point that it has no credibility. Both stables could have easily been compelling TV each week. Instead, it looks like they're just fodder for Robo-Orton.

And the draft is next week. What's the point of that anymore? Guys move pretty freely from one show to another anyway...

keg in kc
04-19-2011, 05:28 PM
The draft wasn't supposed to be until June, but Vince is apparently losing his mind yet again. They're in panic mode after Wrestlemania.

The weird thing is that Rock's going to be live on Raw (from Miami on his birthday) the night after the ppv. Which is maybe why they're doing the draft next week (Rock > draft...), but nothing they do next Monday supposedly takes effect until the following week.

It's smelling like desperation. Which may make for some interesting train wreck tv.

It can't be worse than last night...

(Can it?)

keg in kc
04-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Sounds like scott hall is in really bad shape. Like the we'll be reading an obituary tomorrow kind of really bad shape.

58kcfan89
04-21-2011, 03:09 PM
The draft wasn't supposed to be until June, but Vince is apparently losing his mind yet again. They're in panic mode after Wrestlemania.

The weird thing is that Rock's going to be live on Raw (from Miami on his birthday) the night after the ppv. Which is maybe why they're doing the draft next week (Rock > draft...), but nothing they do next Monday supposedly takes effect until the following week.

It's smelling like desperation. Which may make for some interesting train wreck tv.

It can't be worse than last night...

(Can it?)

I'm sure it can get worse, but it's not looking good right now, that's for damn sure. I'll be honest, I'd rather watch Tough Enough than Raw or Smackdown right now, unless it's a Punk match.

Was thinking about this the other day: About 3-5 years ago, my 5 favorite wrestlers were HBK, Edge, RVD, Punk & Jericho. And now, Punk's the only one still wrestling and WWE's failed entirely to make me give a damn about any of the new guys over the last few years. I want to see a Punk-AmDrag feud, but clearly management doesn't...

Sounds like scott hall is in really bad shape. Like the we'll be reading an obituary tomorrow kind of really bad shape.

What happened?

keg in kc
04-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Hospitalized for an overdose on prescription meds (I think). Yesterday his ex-wife was tweeting all kinds of crazy stuff about how he was on his deathbed, might not live through the night (he apparently has...). I didn't give it much credence until Kevin Nash posted a blog (http://kevinnash.tumblr.com/) about him today that all but reads like an obituary. Whatever happens, sounds like he's in bad shape.

keg in kc
04-21-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm sure it can get worse, but it's not looking good right now, that's for damn sure. I'll be honest, I'd rather watch Tough Enough than Raw or Smackdown right now, unless it's a Punk match.

Was thinking about this the other day: About 3-5 years ago, my 5 favorite wrestlers were HBK, Edge, RVD, Punk & Jericho. And now, Punk's the only one still wrestling and WWE's failed entirely to make me give a damn about any of the new guys over the last few years. I want to see a Punk-AmDrag feud, but clearly management doesn't...Tough Enough is far and away the most entertaining WWE television right now. Which might have something to do with the fact that it's not really WWE television (WWE apparently has very little to do with it - it's USA Network's baby).

I'm really disappointed with the ratings. It dropped to a 1.5 this week. I still think new eps should be airing after Raw and not before.

Guess we should enjoy it while we can.

Jericho's coming back at some point, so there's that to look forward to. Unfortunately he's sort of like Miz before Miz was Miz, albeit a much, much, much better worker. He's always going to be undercut by his size (Jericho I mean...). One of the best talkers in history, but he'll never get a legit main event push as anything but a cowardly heel because he's not 6'4, 250.

At least he's good about putting new talent over, unlike HHH or taker (well, taker will to a point, if he's able to work, which he's not...).

They've got to do what they did last year with Sheamus. Give somebody a winning streak. And then don't pull the rug out from under him. I don't know why they have so much trouble with the idea of wins meaning anything, and why they're so enamored with even-steven booking for everybody who isn't Cena and Orton, the two guys in the promotion who could lose and not be hurt in any way by it.

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Another good Tough Enough. Soon to be followed by what I expect to be an exceptionally shitty Raw with another pointless draft.

First prediction (other than Del Rio to Raw...): Bryan to SD.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Cena to sd is no surprise... cena on the rocks show now to fuel the wm match next year... bleh

sent from my pony-xpress

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 08:24 PM
That's assuming they don't just move him back over to Raw by the end of the broadcast. They've done that shit before (and it may have been Cena, or was it HHH).

Assuming he does stay on SD, Rock's on Raw next week, I can't believe Cena wouldn't be there for that.

Captain Obvious
04-25-2011, 08:32 PM
I moderately enjoyed that R-Truth segment. I thought I would flat hate it.

Superturtle
04-25-2011, 08:36 PM
I loled at little jimmy. TRuth actually had a little Passion in that heel promo.

Al Bundy
04-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Michael Cole is an idiot.

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Blech. Ray Mysterio. That's like the Chiefs drafting Ricky Cassel from Iowa.

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Orton also not a surprise. Been whispers about that all weekend.

I wonder if Punk follows.

Still, they're leaving the faces pretty thin on Raw now.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Meh...would have liked to see orton stay on raw. Raw has to land taker or someone. At least wwe is making an effort to liven things up a bit...however these feel like desperaion moves...

sent from my pony-xpress

Superturtle
04-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Guarantee Cena will be champion on SD and Christian on raw.

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Meh...would have liked to see orton stay on raw. Raw has to land taker or someone. At least wwe is making an effort to liven things up a bit...however these feel like desperaion moves...

sent from my pony-xpressHeard earlier in the day that Taker may be moving to Raw, but I can't imagine he can do much to help out right now.

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Having JR wrestle is just pointless. I guess they haven't humiliated him enough yet.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Perhaps these moves r a gift from the father-n-law to give hhh more of the spotlight whenever he returns... I duno...

sent from my pony-xpress

Mr_Tomahawk
04-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Now I'm thinking the miz goes to sd after all that...

sent from my pony-xpress

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Maybe that's how the Cena/Miz feud continues.

That "Raw will be cancelled in a month" line was great. LMAO

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 09:25 PM
The SuperOrton streak continues. Wonder how they're going to have him beat Punk Sunday.

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Sin Cara makes sense. They can edit his matches.

Time for Raw picks.

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 09:34 PM
God I'm gonna hate Mysterio on this show. He's half the reason I don't watch SD.

Oh geez, Big Slow.

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 09:36 PM
And there's Del Rio, right according to script.

dirk digler
04-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Smackdown ratings must be low

Mr_Tomahawk
04-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Can't stand big show...didn't think raw could get any lower than what it had been the last couple o months...

sent from my pony-xpress

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Smackdown ratings must be lowNot that bad lately I don't think. They're just in full panic mode after Edge's surprise retirement.

dirk digler
04-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Not that bad lately I don't think. They're just in full panic mode after Edge's surprise retirement.

They must be by moving their top 2 stars to Smackdown

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Something funky is about to happen here.

And I would bet you'll see all these guys on every show anyway. This whole draft thing is pointless. They really need to end the brand split.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Ill go out on a limb and say taker to raw. That'd be about the onlymove to even it out other than sending orton back to raw imo...

sent from my pony-xpress

Mr_Tomahawk
04-25-2011, 09:48 PM
UFA Boink to raw ftw.

sent from my pony-xpress

dirk digler
04-25-2011, 09:48 PM

And I would bet you'll see all these guys on every show anyway. This whole draft thing is pointless. They really need to end the brand split.

I agree. They don't have enough good stars to do 2 shows.

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 09:50 PM
I just don't see the heels going over here. Cena isn't going to lose his "last" night on Raw. But it has to be a Raw pick.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-25-2011, 09:50 PM

The brand split was the beginning of the end of my wrestling watching. They can push all they want, they just don't have the stars.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Christian is about as exciting as a rice cake...really hope they don't bring him to raw. Ugh...

sent from my pony-xpress

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 09:58 PM
You know, ironically, I'm not sure that moving Orton and Cena over isn't going to make me even less interested in watching SD. Although I wasn't watching it already, so it's not like they're losing a viewer.

dirk digler
04-25-2011, 10:01 PM
You know, ironically, I'm not sure that moving Orton and Cena over isn't going to make me even less interested in watching SD. Although I wasn't watching it already, so it's not like they're losing a viewer.

I don't think I have ever watched one episode of SD

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 10:04 PM
I don't think I have ever watched one episode of SDThere was a while in 2009 when it was great, back when Punk was doing the SES gimmick. Better show than Raw on a weekly basis.

I don't think I've watched it at all recently.

There's your twist so Raw gets the win, Mark Henry doing whatever the **** it is he's doing.

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Told you...

Mr_Tomahawk
04-25-2011, 10:06 PM
You knew someone big had to come back...

sent from my pony-xpress

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 10:07 PM
On the flip side, WWE tradition is that Cena doing this now means he is *not* winning on Sunday.

dirk digler
04-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Good call Keg...

But really how stupid is this. How can you be drafted twice. Ghey

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 10:08 PM
I'm still trying to remember who exactly it was they did this exact same thing with in a draft 2 or 3 years ago. Was it Hun-TOR?

Reaper16
I guess Christian is guaranteed to go over Del Rio then.

Mr_Tomahawk
In the end of signifficance...it was orton for alberto. Seems like a good swap. Still won't watch sd tho...

sent from my pony-xpress

Mr. Flopnuts
04-25-2011, 10:10 PM
LMAO Retarded.

58kcfan89
04-25-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm still trying to remember who exactly it was they did this exact same thing with in a draft 2 or 3 years ago. Was it Hun-TOR?

Kinda. They drafted Trips to Smackdown, he appeared on like 2 or 3 episodes and was traded back to Raw if I remember correctly.

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 10:11 PM
They'll swap a bunch of the mid-card guys tomorrow afternoon. That's when I expect to see Daniel Bryan to SD. Assuming he isn't outright fired (he was in the battle royal for a long time, one of the last four, so he should be safe).

Word is there's going to be some pink slips this week...

Mr_Tomahawk
04-25-2011, 10:13 PM
They'll swap a bunch of the mid-card guys tomorrow afternoon. That's when I expect to see Daniel Bryan to SD. Assuming he isn't outright fired (he was in the battle royal for a long time, one of the last four, so he should be safe).

Word is there's going to be some pink slips this week...

Hopefully they all go to the core...

sent from my pony-xpress

BryanBusby
04-25-2011, 11:03 PM
After seeing Orton getting sent to SD, I see no way Christian is winning at the PPV Sunday. Del Rio will win to set up the eventual Orton rapado'ing allover Del Rio.

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 11:04 PM
After seeing Orton getting sent to SD, I see no way Christian is winning at the PPV Sunday. Del Rio will win to set up the eventual Orton rapado'ing allover Del Rio.That would put both belts on Raw unless somebody in the main event is moved tomorrow. (I think, I'm not missing anybody am I?)

BryanBusby
04-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Oh hell, I forgot Del Rio got drafted to raw. Sucks he will get stuck in midcard hell now :(

E: But really, they don't seem to follow the whole brand split too well as of recent. Del Rio has been on both shows for awhile....

keg in kc
04-25-2011, 11:08 PM
I think they'll continue Del Rio's moon push, and eventually give him a title.

What I'm wondering if somebody's about to go face on Raw. Too early for Del Rio. Punk? Couldn't be Miz.

Seems like they're pretty heel heavy right now at the top.

BryanBusby
04-25-2011, 11:53 PM
I think it's quite possible we see a Miz turn in the near future. They've been hinting at it from time to time and he does really well as PR for the company.

E: I don't think I have ever watched one episode of SD

I would strongly suggest watching the period of the "smackdown six"

Was in the summer of 2002 and it featured Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Eddie+Chavo Guerrero, Rey Mysterio and Edge with Paul Heyman booking some of the best wrestling I've seen in the WWE at all.

It was the best period the WWE had post attitude era that hardly anyone remembers. They would just go out and put on really great matches.

KingPriest2
04-26-2011, 12:43 AM
The brand split was the beginning of the end of my wrestling watching. They can push all they want, they just don't have the stars.

You can thank Buff Bagwell

Sfeihc
04-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Tough enough is the best show WWE has. Can't believe they cut this part last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyDp0HyFRgM&feature=player_embedded

keg in kc
04-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Draft update. It's like Raw is now Smackdown and Smackdown is now Raw....

Daniel Bryan to Smackdown
Jack Swagger to Raw
Great Khali to Smackdown
Jimmy Uso to Smackdown
Kelly Kelly to Raw
JTG to Raw
Alicia Fox to Smackdown
William Regal to Smackdown
Yoshi Tatsu to Smackdown
Drew McIntyre to Raw
Natalya to Smackdown
Curt Hawkins to Raw
Chris Masters to Raw
Jey Uso to Smackdown
Kofi Kingston to Raw
Ted DiBiase to Smackdown
Tyson Kidd to Smackdown
Tamina to Smackdown
Beth Phoenix to Raw
Tyler Reks to Raw
Alex Riley to Smackdown
Sheamus to Smackdown

keg in kc
04-26-2011, 06:51 PM
This will suck if it's not just negotiating:MAJOR NAME SAID TO BE EYEING WWE EXIT, COMPLETE DETAILS
By Mike Johnson on 2011-04-26 10:23:42 As we initially reported last night in the PWInsider.com Elite section, former WWE World champion CM Punk has not signed a new WWE deal and there's been a lot of talk that Punk is looking to exit the company when his deal expires in a few months.
Internally, that possibility has been discussed for some time but during the European tour, discussion of Punk's exit came more and more to the forefront.

According to WWE sources, Punk has been offered a new long-term deal but has balked at signing, citing burnout with being on the road for years and unhappiness with his position in the company over the last year.

As one source pointed out, Punk has been something of an "Iron Man" for the company, working full-time on the road with the exception of his hip injury needing to be rehabbed last year. At the same time, despite delivering with whatever was handed to him creatively, Punk has watched as other talents developed since he debuted ended up pushed as bigger names and treated as more important than Punk, including Miz and Alberto Del Rio.

"When you look at how the company brands it's characters, Punk is never among the top 5-8 names that are promoted or pushed," said the WWE office source. "It's Cena, Orton, Miz, Undertaker, Rey, now Alberto, etc. these days and Punk is sort of floating right under there. He didn't fit into the youth drive a few months back but he's not treated like a top veteran either. He's just there, doing his job and while everyone knows he delivers, he's never really treated like someone who does. He's never dropped the ball but we don't give it to him really, either. He's treated like a guy, but not THE guy. For a driven guy like him who's made wrestling his entire world, it's got to drive him crazy. Now, the excuse will be don't push Punk because he might be leaving, but the reality is the environment and situation is what is probably making him want to leave to begin with. Either it gets fixed or it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, just like it did when Batista walked out."

As is the norm with such situations, a new deal could be struck at any point, but as more and more sources discuss Punk leaving the company as a distinct possibility, time will tell. We'll have more when we get it. It's not Del Rio or any one person but a continuing stream of others being treated as being more important.

From what I understand, Punk realizes he's not being considered part of the top mix and he's not going to stay and beat his body up if he's not appreciated and isn't part of the mix. Just about every source said the same thing and one person in the office this AM pointed out that whenever you see a collection of the top guys being used for marketing materials, Punk is never in that grouping. He's just a guy there, as opposed to one of THE guys there and that's pretty much the issue for him.

There's been talk of this off and on for months but I usually filter out the upset wrestler talk since everyone gripes about their jobs. In the last week or so since Wrestlemania but especially on the UK tour, it's been a hot topic of conversation.

keg in kc
04-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Jericho eliminated from dances with the stars. No idea when he's coming back.

Shocking SD spoiler....*Randy Orton & Christian defeated Alberto Del Rio & Brodus Clay when Orton pinned Brodus with the RKO.

58kcfan89
05-02-2011, 02:21 AM
If Punk leaves, I may quit watching. As bad as certain shows have been in the past, I've never really been so fed up that I wanted to stop, usually because there was at least one guy holding it together.

First, Shawn Michaels retired, which I didn't really mind because 1) I wanted to see him go out healthy and not try & hold on too long like Flair and 2) because I could always fall back on Edge, Jericho & Punk.

Then Jericho took his hiatus. No biggie, still have Edge & Punk...

Edge retires. And then there was one...

Now Punk might be leaving? It might be different if WWE had managed to make me care about someone else, but they haven't. I'm seriously annoyed about this if it's true (which wouldn't surprise me at all).

Oh, and Extreme Rules spoiler: Randall beat Punk with an RKO.

keg in kc
05-02-2011, 02:39 AM
Oh, and Extreme Rules spoiler: Randall beat Punk with an RKO.I was just reading up on that. It sounds like it was a better PPV than mania. Imagine that, less focus on backstage bullshit, give wrestlers time to work and you have a show with 5 or 6 of the best matches in WWE this year so far, if reviews online are reliable.As far as Punk and Orton go, you knew Orton wasn't going to lose as the new top face on smackdown. Apparently it was a tremendous match (Meltzer said it would have easily been the 2nd best match on mania behind Taker/HHH) that went 20 minutes, and some of the fan comments I've read indicated that people were sold (during the match) that Orton might lose.

I wasn't happy to see Cena win the title again, but apparently it was a star-making performance for both Miz and Morrison.

This is assuming anybody watched the show...

And Kharma debuted, and apparently looked like a complete monster.

keg in kc
05-02-2011, 03:06 AM
Regarding Punk, I just listened to a Meltzer radio show from Friday, and according him, the story is simply that Punk wants some time off, and that it's not a situation of a guy wanting to leave WWE.

keg in kc
05-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Well, that Raw pretty much seals what everybody already knew.

Rock = star
Everybody else on Raw (including Cena) = not

keg in kc
05-04-2011, 12:01 AM
And....your new world heavyweight champion...Randy Orton.

Christian got to hold it a whole 48 hours.

58kcfan89
05-04-2011, 12:09 AM

Wow. Unreal. I'm gunna hate Orton even more than I already do in the next few weeks/months.

SnakeXJones
05-04-2011, 12:45 AM

Christian got to hold it a whole 48 hours. Wow I was excited that christian won it even made me watch it more now.. it's just making me careless than before

BryanBusby
05-04-2011, 03:49 AM

Not shocked at all. They've been propping up Orton to be the next Cena for awhile.

I think I'm pretty much done watching WWE, for awhile at least.

keg in kc
05-06-2011, 03:18 PM
This just defies description. LMAO

<object classId="clsid:D<param name="movie" value="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/52824" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/52824" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="480" height="382" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" /></object><div style="margin:0;text-align:center;width:480px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;color:#C</a></div>

Jerm
05-06-2011, 03:36 PM

Vince Russo must be booking SD...incredible.

Why put the title on Christian just to hotshot it to Orton???

If that was the plan, put the strap on Del Rio and start a program with him and Orton where Orton goes over...it's not rocket science.

Vince as usual...LMAO

58kcfan89
05-06-2011, 03:52 PM
This just defies description. LMAO

<object classId="clsid:D<param name="movie" value="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/52824" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/52824" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="480" height="382" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" /></object><div style="margin:0;text-align:center;width:480px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;color:#C</a></div>

Wow. Awesome.

Pretty sure I was more entertained in that 8+ minutes than I have been with Raw in the past 3 weeks....

God, I miss Jericho...

keg in kc
05-06-2011, 04:54 PM
I've read a review or two of tonight's smackdown and apparently it's a good show, including the main event and Christian's reaction to it. I'm probably going to watch, just to see a Daniel Bryan match that lasts more than 15 seconds.

As for Christian, I think it all boils down to whether they let him chase orton for the title or just drop him immediately to the midcard and make us stomach, say, Mark Henry in a title program with Orton. Not that I think they should have taken it off Christian this soon, but there's still a direction they can go from here (even if I expect that they won't).

Superturtle
05-09-2011, 08:10 PM
LOL at the Taco Bell parking lot brawl shot by the Miz

keg in kc
05-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Yet another crappy show.

I wonder about Lawler choking Cole with his tie. Danielson was fired for that late last year. It's like WWE can't remember their own rules.

58kcfan89
05-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Yet another crappy show.

I wonder about Lawler choking Cole with his tie. Danielson was fired for that late last year. It's like WWE can't remember their own rules.

Another week, another true statement. I've been watching off & on tonight and it's pretty awful from what I've seen...

keg in kc
05-16-2011, 10:17 PM
I didn't even watch tonight, aside from catching a bit of the Cena destruction of Swagger and the Miz/Cena confrontation at the end.

They're losing me.

CoMoChief
05-17-2011, 12:04 AM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h0qwjiEHB20" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

loochy
05-17-2011, 10:46 AM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h0qwjiEHB20" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shari was kinda hot

Sofa King
05-17-2011, 10:53 AM
How many can YOU name?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UgnzFa-ZE_g/S8gSXhWQoLI/AAAAAAAAAJk/Fspq5Mk-yic/s1600/wwf.jpg

BigCatDaddy
05-17-2011, 10:59 AM
How many can YOU name?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UgnzFa-ZE_g/S8gSXhWQoLI/AAAAAAAAAJk/Fspq5Mk-yic/s1600/wwf.jpg

All of them without a moments thought.

Demonpenz
05-17-2011, 11:28 AM
SUPER DRAGON CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

58kcfan89
05-17-2011, 11:54 AM
How many can YOU name?

Late 90s/Attitude era was when I really started watching WWF, but I can name most (if not all) of those guys...

I didn't even watch tonight, aside from catching a bit of the Cena destruction of Swagger and the Miz/Cena confrontation at the end.

They're losing me.

Yep. I'm going down to Dallas to see a friend this weekend & we're probably gunna watch Over the Limit at a sports bar because we haven't seen a wrestling PPV together in awhile, but that's about the only reason. When I saw that they announced the Punk & Ryan v. Kane & Show match last night, I turned the TV off.

loochy
05-17-2011, 11:58 AM
the only guy i dont know is the dude with the deer antlers

Reaper16
05-17-2011, 12:01 PM
the only guy i dont know is the dude with the deer antlers
Das The Barbaran, mane. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sione_Vailahi

Sfeihc
05-17-2011, 01:20 PM
It's easy to name all the people in the pic. What is much harder and much more sad is to name how many have died. I came up with 10 that have passed away. RIP

keg in kc
05-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Woah.RING OF HONOR ANNOUNCES SALE TO SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP

BRISTOL, PA. (MAY 21, 2011)--Ring of Honor Wrestling owner, Cary Silkin, announced today the sale of the promotion to Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., one of the largest television broadcasters in the country and which owns and operates, programs, or provides sales services to 58 television stations in 35 markets across the United States.

ROH, currently the third largest wrestling promotion in the country, just celebrated its ninth anniversary, and Mr. Silkin is excited about taking the next step towards increasing the company's visibility and expanding its operations.

"We have been waiting for and working for this opportunity for quite some time", he said, "and of our 9 years in business, there has been no better roster of wrestlers than this one to expose the ROH product to the masses. With Sinclair's resources and many avenues of distribution, we believe many new fans around the world will be as captivated as those who have followed Ring of Honor over the years."

The month of September will see the debut of the new Ring of Honor television program which will be syndicated across the Sinclair network of stations, and with it, ROH will become the only wrestling promotion in the United States with a major, multi-market presence on broadcast TV. But if you don't live in a market with a Sinclair station, fear not, says Mr. Silkin. "Through our revamped website we will be able to make the TV show available to anyone in the world with internet access."

Mosbonian
05-21-2011, 08:29 PM
It's easy to name all the people in the pic. What is much harder and much more sad is to name how many have died. I came up with 10 that have passed away. RIP

There are 15 of those that have passed away...

58kcfan89
05-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Woah.

So they got a kickass TV deal... Who's gunna be able to watch them?

keg in kc
05-21-2011, 11:16 PM
So far:The show is expected to air on the following stations:

WTTA Ch. 38 in Tampa
WUCW Ch. 23 in Minneapolis
WPMY Ch. 22 in Pittsburgh
WNUV Ch. 54 in Baltimore
either WLFL or WRDC in Raleigh
Either WUXP or WNAB in Nashville
WSTR Ch.64 in Cincinnati
Either WCGV or WVTV in Milwaukee
WMYA Ch. 40 in Asheville/Greenville/Spartanburg
KMYS Ch. 35 in San Antonio
Either WTTO, WABM or WDBB in Birmingham
WTVZ Ch. 33 in Norfolk
Either KVMY or KVCW in Las Vegas
KOCB Ch. 34 in Oklahoma City
WMYV Ch. 48 in Greensboro
WNYO Ch. 49 in Buffalo
WFGX Ch. 35 in Mobile
WDKA Ch. 49 in Cape Girardeau
WNYS Ch. 43 in Syracuse, NY
WMMP Ch. 36 in Charleston, SCThey're supposedly going to go for wider syndication.

Reaper16
05-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Yeah! Birmingham! I'll get to watch this locally.

otherstar
05-21-2011, 11:43 PM
How many can YOU name?

I can name about 3/4 of them. A good chuck of them also passed through the old Kansas City Central States area of the NWA back in the early 80's when I was a hard-core fan.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Stream?

58kcfan89
05-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Stream?

This is the only one I've found thus far, seems to work pretty well.

http://atdhenet.tv/37416/watch-wwe-over-the-limit

Mr_Tomahawk
05-22-2011, 07:29 PM
This is the only one I've found thus far, seems to work pretty well.

Is this a joke....?

58kcfan89
05-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Is this a joke....?

http://atdhenet.tv/37416/watch-wwe-over-the-limit

My bad.

keg in kc
05-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Even without JR taking over, Raw is immensely better without Michael Cole's shenanigans.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Eh...Nothing exciting about tonight thus far.

keg in kc
05-23-2011, 08:55 PM
I liked the tag team title change, and the car bit with Big Show was old school.

Not awesome, but better than the last few weeks.

Reaper16
05-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Kane has an excellent bedside manner.

keg in kc
05-23-2011, 09:10 PM
And the complete destruction of the Miz. WTF.

Reaper16
05-23-2011, 09:21 PM
That segment was perplexing.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-23-2011, 09:22 PM
WTF was that?