PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Reaper16
07-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Rey was really fucking impressive tonight. Usually his matches are pretty blah unless he's working with someone really great. Tonight, Rey made Cena look great.

dirk digler
I guess this means Punk is back

Al Bundy
Hey look... CM Punk is back.

Reaper16
PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNK

Captain Obvious
Punk!

chiefscafan
Take it back CM the new stone cold and great new music

Al Bundy
AND he came out to one of the best rock songs of all time.

dirk digler
07-25-2011, 09:07 PM
I thought he wanted time off?

chiefscafan
07-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Wow a new mega star!!!

Reaper16
07-25-2011, 09:08 PM
I came

Reaper16
07-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Genius, genius music choice for Punk there. When "Cult of Personality" hit, I had a strong feeling that it was about Punk. But I thought that the music would just play and confuse Cena and that they'd do that same thing over the next few weeks.

No part of me expected Punk to actually come out. Oh man, that was fucking electric.

chiefscafan
07-25-2011, 09:11 PM
I have allways liked punk now he's my favorite and to come in to cult of personality amazing. CM punk saves Raw

Reaper16
07-25-2011, 09:13 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7xxgRUyzgs0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
07-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Way, way, way too soon, but still well done.

I loved the logic, though (although I'm not sure it was intentional). The whole show was basically the same old bullshit under HHH and then Punk comes out like that.

How in the world they sell this in storyline, though, I have no idea.

But it sets up Punk for a big promo next week, and has me wanting to watch Raw again for like the 4th week in a row.

chiefscafan
07-25-2011, 09:19 PM
But he is back new t shirt music Titan torn. He needs to have triple h talk bout how brilliant he is signing punk. Then have punk come out pretend to kiss his butt only to tell him I follow no one. Cena is your paper champion but the champ is here. Do it wwe you are making it exciting again.

Reaper16
07-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Way, way, way too soon, but still well done.

I loved the logic, though (although I'm not sure it was intentional). The whole show was basically the same old bullshit under HHH and then Punk comes out like that.

How in the world they sell this in storyline, though, I have no idea.

But it sets up Punk for a big promo next week, and has me wanting to watch Raw again for like the 4th week in a row.
I hope they dicktease us and give us no Punk at all. I kinda want him to just make random appearances every six weeks, cause catastrophe to remind us all who runs this, and then disappear again.

keg in kc
07-25-2011, 09:37 PM
I hope they dicktease us and give us no Punk at all. I kinda want him to just make random appearances every six weeks, cause catastrophe to remind us all who runs this, and then disappear again.I think if they were doing that, he'd have done a run in through the crowd, rather than showcase his brand new t-shirt and brand new titan tron and brand new (old ROH) theme music.

It was great, don't get me wrong. And just to harp on one thing I said earlier, about the same old bs with HHH, I'm glad to see them continuing to focus mostly on wrestling and have all these clean matches like last week, but that diva/Keith Stone segment and almost the entire HHH segment, especially with Truth, was just cringingly bad.

But Cult of Personality was perfect, and if they don't do it (and I still say they won't), they're missing a golden opportunity to turn Cena heel. And in fact if he really was a babyface, he would've just handed Punk his belt. But of course they're building a match so they can't do that. But Punk tonight got what seemed like a huge face reaction (as we all expected).

I really, really, really hope this isn't leading to a Cena win at Summerslam. In my perfect world, Punk still has the belt at Mania (and Cena shouldn't have the belt then, it really shouldn't be part of the Rock program).

keg in kc
07-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Okay, this would have been an awesome end to the show, if it had aired....

http://vids.wwe.com/12696/wwecom-exclusive-cm-punk-tells-t

"I'm ba-ack" *drops the mic*
"You gotta change your shirts up in here, Hampton! We need some CM Punk merchandise up in this house!"
"What's my name?!"

BryanBusby
07-26-2011, 12:22 AM
What a cluster fuck of a Raw this week was. The way Punk returned was good, but he was off TV for a week. They really should of built it up to at least Summerslam.

Miz outperformed Mysterio in the ring and lost, a match up that hasn't happened in years (Cena/Mysterio) had literally no build up and basically was to hot shot a worthless title.

The matches themselves overall were pretty good, but the booking was horrendous.

4th and Long
07-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Okay, this would have been an awesome end to the show, if it had aired....

http://vids.wwe.com/12696/wwecom-exclusive-cm-punk-tells-t

"I'm ba-ack" *drops the mic*
"You gotta change your shirts up in here, Hampton! We need some CM Punk merchandise up in this house!"
"What's my name?!"
So the whole "I'm not renewing my contract" thing was an obvious work.

Where do they go from here?

Punk comes back as a huge face and Cenan makes a swift heel turn?

Come on HHH. Give us a hint!

big nasty kcnut
07-26-2011, 02:43 AM
This is what going to happen. Cena going to be like oh i better watch out the cult of personality hit cm punk enter. He tell cena he tired of the wwe and since he not under contract he can do whatever he want. That when the light goes out and when it come back on the kow and colt cabana in the ring and give cena the beating of the lifetime but not. Cm punk then say that how everybody expect to happen but not now.

BryanBusby
07-26-2011, 02:51 AM
That will result in Cena OVERCOMING DEM ODDS LOL over all of them.

Ultra Peanut
07-26-2011, 02:56 AM
hey double double e, fuck you for making me want to watch again. I felt so much more respectable for the two and a half years I didn't have to skulk around watching wrestling, and now I have to try to keep my roommates from hearing my TV and thinking less of me for watching the Stupid Poors Show.

Elsewise, that went in a pretty good direction and they don't seem to be ignoring the Young Peoples so much anymore. Bringing JR back made me mark out harder than the ending, and for that part? For that part:

I came

Cult of Personality + Punk + Monster, Potentially Revolutionary Angle is the most sensible thing ever, and I can't believe it's happening again on a WWE show of all places.

What a cluster fuck of a Raw this week was. The way Punk returned was good, but he was off TV for a week. They really should of built it up to at least Summerslam.

Miz outperformed Mysterio in the ring and lost, a match up that hasn't happened in years (Cena/Mysterio) had literally no build up and basically was to hot shot a worthless title.

The matches themselves overall were pretty good, but the booking was horrendous.i disgust by you post

Ultra Peanut
07-26-2011, 03:07 AM
Holy Gorllia Monsoon's ghost, Batman! It's an Ultra Peanut sighting!
Posted via Mobile Device

also HI! HOW ARE YOU.

Reaper16
07-26-2011, 07:11 AM
I'm worried, actually, about how soon Punk came back. I'm worried that WWE corproate was disappointed in the ratings for last week's Raw, and decided to scrap the Punk-as-absent-champion storyline far earlier than expected, and that they'll take the strap off of Punk at SummerSlam and Punk will get his time off then but it'll be status quo in the WWE.

I'm worried.

Reaper16
07-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Punk on Jimmy Kimmel:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pVCSN5sg5eQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uuLNC9-isNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
07-26-2011, 10:34 AM
I'm worried, actually, about how soon Punk came back. I'm worried that WWE corproate was disappointed in the ratings for last week's Raw, and decided to scrap the Punk-as-absent-champion storyline far earlier than expected, and that they'll take the strap off of Punk at SummerSlam and Punk will get his time off then but it'll be status quo in the WWE.

I'm worried.It's sure going to be interesting to see where it goes. I'm not worried, exactly, because I've expected it to fall apart at some point since day 1. It's amazing to me they've kept the angle this hot for a month...

I thought it was early, like I said last night, but it also makes sense to do it while Punk is hot and have the rematch of what's likely the match-of-the-year on a major show like Summerslam. Then that gives them some time to cool the Punk/Cena feud and start to work the Rock back into things by his Survivor Series return.

Although, you would think the next PPV....Night of Champions....would have been a perfect set-up (in name at least) for the fake champion and real champion to meet.

And I hope that's how they play it. That Cena's a fraud, that the entire tournament was a fraud, because that way it doesn't seem that ridiculous that Mysterio only held the title for an hour. Because in fact he didn't hold the title at all...

keg in kc
07-26-2011, 10:40 AM
John Cena is poopie. ROFL

Reaper16
07-26-2011, 10:42 AM
It's sure going to be interesting to see where it goes. I'm not worried, exactly, because I've expected it to fall apart at some point since day 1. It's amazing to me they've kept the angle this hot for a month...

I thought it was early, like I said last night, but it also makes sense to do it while Punk is hot and have the rematch of what's likely the match-of-the-year on a major show like Summerslam. Then that gives them some time to cool the Punk/Cena feud and start to work the Rock back into things by his Survivor Series return.

Although, you would think the next PPV....Night of Champions....would have been a perfect set-up (in name at least) for the fake champion and real champion to meet.

And I hope that's how they play it. That Cena's a fraud, that the entire tournament was a fraud, because that way it doesn't seem that ridiculous that Mysterio only held the title for an hour. Because in fact he didn't hold the title at all...
I totally understand the idea of striking while the iron is hot in terms of Punk. He's was arguable TOO hot to keep off TV, and they can easily make a bonafide franchise star out of him if they play this angle correctly.

I just have a sinking feeling that Cena is going to win clean at SummerSlam, with Punk taking time off after that, and all that good work being undone.

keg in kc
07-26-2011, 10:50 AM
I just have a sinking feeling that Cena is going to win clean at SummerSlam, with Punk taking time off after that, and all that good work being undone.That's unfortunately exactly what I expect to happen as well.

Punk could be a megastar if they do this right.

chiefscafan
07-26-2011, 10:57 AM
You have to make cm punk act like screw authority much like stone cold was like early on. That is loudest pop I've heard in a while it was like the attitude era pop.

keg in kc
07-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Meltzer says that it doesn't matter who goes over at summerslam, and basically that we're all going to be disappointed, because it isn't about keeping the title on Punk or moving it back to Cena, it's about putting it on Del Rio.

(Of course that's been the idea for months now and week after week they don't do it)

58kcfan89
07-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Meltzer says that it doesn't matter who goes over at summerslam, and basically that we're all going to be disappointed, because it isn't about keeping the title on Punk or moving it back to Cena, it's about putting it on Del Rio.

(Of course that's been the idea for months now and week after week they don't do it)

:facepalm:
They've got a ridiculously over champion Punk, and a guy with Cena that they can do a lot with in terms of making him a heel or whatever. Del Rio, at least from what I can tell, still doesn't get much of a reaction from the live crowd.

Punk needs to either be in a huge non-title match (HHH?) or walk out as the WWE Champion at WM 28 IMO. He's earned it, he's now credible enough to make it work and he's obviously over. They have to cash in on his popularity and make him a big star over this (although, like most of you, I totally expect them to completely fuck this up in the next month or so).

Ceej
07-26-2011, 06:47 PM
That Kimmel segment was hilarious!

58kcfan89
07-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Interesting read from former ECW writer, Dave Lagana, about Punk's run in ECW and how close he was to never making it. Love the part about HBK "saving" him. God, I wish those two could have had just one feud...

Oh, and I just pre-ordered a "Best in the World" shirt. First one I've liked enough to buy from the website.

“I’m a Paul Heyman Guy!” CM Punk – 6/27/11 Monday Night Raw.

That one line in Punk’s promo kicked off this whirlwind ride we’re on in the “Summer of Punk” story. This period is being talked about as having lead to resurgence of interest in pro wrestling.

Over the next three days, I’m going to look back at three different periods in 2007 when CM Punk became the center piece of the ECW Brand. These stories will shine a little light on the frustration surrounding Punk’s early run in WWE.

On December 4th, 2006, Paul Heyman left the WWE Creative Team, for the final time. This also meant that for the first time ever, Heyman would not be involved in the creative process of ECW. Stephanie McMahon walked into the writer’s room to tell us Paul would no longer be involved and that I was now in charge of ECW. This was as much news to me as it was the rest of the team. As had happened with Alex Greenfield when he took over Smackdown, I wasn’t talked to about the new position. I wasn’t doing backflips about this because I knew the baggage that came with it. I had run Smackdown for four years before this and knew how Vince and Kevin Dunn viewed ECW. The world saw how they viewed the brand for the five months before this and especially the night before on PPV with December to Dismember.

The PPV from Augusta, GA featuring an Extreme Elimination Chamber match was the least bought WWE PPV in history. The show was handicapped by zero promotion from Raw and Smackdown and being the 2nd WWE PPV in eight days; following Survivor Series. The main purpose of the event was to crown Bobby Lashley as the new flag bearer for ECW. The event had only two matches announced before hand, the Elimination Chamber and the reuniting of MNM vs. The Hardyz. While Lashley was going to be the “man” that night winning the title, there was a pitch by Heyman to have CM Punk and Big Show start the Chamber and for Punk to eliminate the Big Show with the Anaconda Vice. Big Show was behind the idea and felt it was the right move to make. There were a few different long term pitches off of this including Punk vs. RVD at Wrestlemania. Heyman had protected Punk, including making sure his debut match was at the Hammerstein Ballroom. This pitch was meant to establish Punk as the “next” guy after Lashley. If you’ve seen the match, you know this didn’t happen.

The Anaconda Vice became one of the things that the agents picked on Punk for. Vince had mocked Punk in meetings by doing the wrist gesture and even instructed announcers to NOT mention his Muai Thai background. Everything that made Punk unique was questioned and mocked. “Don’t think people can relate to with a character who doesn’t have an occasional beer”, said one agent. In 2006, Vince McMahon looked at Punk and “didn’t get it”. Plus, when you have Paul Heyman pushing heavily for you in that environment – you get the stigma of being a “Paul Heyman Guy”. I had the stigma because I worked with Paul on every run he had on creative from 2002 – 2006. Punk suffered for those sins and that night in December, he did not make the Big Show tap out. The agents who didn’t like him made sure the audience would not get a moment from CM Punk that night; Punk was the first man eliminated in the match.

In under 24 hours, everything about ECW had changed. Heyman was out, Big Show was gone, and I was left with a mess. CM Punk, a lot like ECW, Goldberg, the NWO and especially WCW, were not WWE creations. The track record has shown that Kevin Dunn and Vince McMahon do not support ideas that were not generated inside their bubble. Punk got the tag line of “King of the Indies” and those agents who didn’t like him before Heyman was gone, they were out for blood now.

I’m no Paul Heyman. I won’t ever try to sell you that I’m a genius, instead just a guy who always wants to do the best for the talents and projects I work on. I had a connection with ECW, it’s what kept me excited about the business in 1994 and 1995 when there wasn’t much to be excited about. That spirit of ECW was what we tried to continue in the new ECW, including launching a new star like CM Punk. But I didn’t have an ally, especially a veteran voice, in that agent meeting.

The voices in that meeting room pushed for Hardcore Holly. Now, I am a fan of Hardcore Holly. When Brock Lesnar had broke Holly’s neck, it was Bruce Prichard and I who suggested Holly coming for revenge. (watch here) It was the hottest Holly ever got but he didn’t connect with the audience and they had a forgettable match at the Royal Rumble 2004. Here it was 2007 and the agents were pushing for Holly ahead Punk. In their matches during December and January, Holly beat down Punk in the corner, ignoring the ref’s count and getting disqualified. (watch here) And then Hardcore Holly hands Punk his first loss. (watch here) I had heard rumblings of agents pushing Vince to show Punk the door. ECW started to receive less and less attention and then we had the horrible show in Little Rock in mid-January. The matches were bad, the interviews were bad; the plane flight home from that show was worse. It was the longest flight of my life. The next day I sat down to talk with Stephanie about that flight but more importantly about what I thought ECW needed. I needed a veteran voice to help turn the tide. I needed an ally.

Fast forward to the agent meeting in Houston. Vince McMahon was scheduled to appear on ECW for the first time in the start of a new storyline. He was going to rid ECW of it’s “Original” stars and make the way for a “New Breed”. The meeting quickly turned into another CM Punk bash fest. My role was to run the meeting but dare not speak out of turn on the veteran agents. This was how the previous months meetings had gone but this day was different. It was a new voice in the room that changed everything. “Um, if you don’t like something the kid is doing, why don’t you work with him to fix it… instead of killing him” That voice belonged to Shawn Michaels.

In January of 2007, Shawn Michaels was my consultant on ECW. I was able to get in his input on the shows, thoughts on talents and in this situation the voice needed in that agent meeting. Like getting to work with Paul Heyman, Vince McMahon, Dusty Rhodees, working with Shawn was a dream come true. In that meeting in Houston, Shawn brought up that guys like him and Undertaker will not be around forever and, while everyone liked Holly, it was guys like Punk who were the future. The mood in the room changed, the den of negativity that existed was silenced for the time being. Punk wasn’t pushed strong that week or even the next week but the ship had turned. Punk was positioned better from that point forward.

Shawn Michaels was pulled back into active duty when Triple H was hurt and programmed to face John Cena at Wrestlemania 23. Dusty Rhodes ended up joining me to help book ECW. And CM Punk made Wrestlemania 23 as the only ECW guy in the Money In the Bank Ladder Match.

In that Money In the Bank ladder match, Punk was involved in the finish of the match. He was finger tips away from the briefcase only to have Mr. Kennedy knock him off and grab the case. This was just foreshadowing as Punk did go on to win the Money in the Bank briefcase in back to back years to win his first two World Titles.

Imagine if those agents would have gotten their way back in early 2007? We might have never gotten to see this at the 2011 Money in the Bank PPV.

WWE has even restocked the shirt that was going for 500 bucks on EBay! You can get it by clicking the banner below to get to WWEShop.

http://iwantwrestling.com/2011/07/26/hall-of-famer-saved-cm-punk/

4th and Long
07-27-2011, 12:57 AM
also HI! HOW ARE YOU.
I am well. You sticking around this time? :)

keg in kc
07-27-2011, 08:36 AM
Raw-pertinent smackdown spoiler, HHH on Punk:Triple H promo. He signed CM Punk late Monday night and will make a decision on the WWE Championship Monday Night.

Reaper16
07-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Well, I guess Punk's promo on the next Raw will determine whether this is stupid or not.

keg in kc
07-27-2011, 10:39 AM
And Jon Moxley as Dean Ambrose, which somehow is a worse name than Seth Rollins. Whoever comes up with the WWE-trademarkable names needs to be run up a burning AIDS tree then doused in antifreeze from a firehose.Speaking of Tyler Black and Jon Moxley...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_bFC4dwgzfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ubjr1rzahzE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ubjr1rzahzE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

58kcfan89
07-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Raw-pertinent smackdown spoiler, HHH on Punk:Triple H promo. He signed CM Punk late Monday night and will make a decision on the WWE Championship Monday Night.

I've got a bad feeling about this. Think Cena's going to go over Punk clean for the title at SummerSlam....:cuss::deevee::Lin:

keg in kc
07-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Punk on the BS Report (http://c.espnradio.com/audio/677919/simmons_2011-07-27-122419.mp3).

Swanman
07-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Speaking of Tyler Black and Jon Moxley...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_bFC4dwgzfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ubjr1rzahzE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ubjr1rzahzE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Moxley is definitely a good promo guy. I saw him once on a Dragon Gate USA show work a no-dq match with Jimmy Jacobs that was very entertaining. He just has something about him that is interesting to watch.

Also, I believe he and Tyler Black wrestled for the FCW title last week, according to Black's twitter account.

keg in kc
07-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Punk on the BS Report (http://c.espnradio.com/audio/677919/simmons_2011-07-27-122419.mp3).Slight addition: Just finished listening - really awesome interview.

Detoxing
07-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Lol, havent watched wrestling in years. What's Undertaker's latest story?

keg in kc
07-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Lol, havent watched wrestling in years. What's Undertaker's latest story?That he's old and beat up and only shows up for wrestlemania.

loochy
07-27-2011, 01:13 PM
That he's old and beat up and only shows up for wrestlemania.

This. He has no story.

Detoxing
That he's old and beat up and only shows up for wrestlemania.

Does he seriously not wrestle every week anymore?

Detoxing
This. He has no story.

So he's pretty much been put on the backburner now? Ghey.

keg in kc
07-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Does he seriously not wrestle every week anymore?No, he can't. He hasn't been back-burnered so much as he's back-burnered himself. He's really, really beat up.

Detoxing
07-27-2011, 01:17 PM
No, he can't. He hasn't been back-burnered so much as he's back-burnered himself. He's really, really beat up.

IRL beat up? That sucks. I started watching when he started wrestling back in the day.

The power of the Urn!

loochy
07-27-2011, 01:19 PM
IRL beat up? That sucks. I started watching when he started wrestling back in the day.

The power of the Urn!

Yeah, he's pretty slow now.

This was his last sighting.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bK4D3utnDfs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
07-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Hmm...When the dust cleared, SummerSlam on 8/14 in Los Angeles is set for John Cena vs. C.M. Punk to unify the WWE title after a television show that went through several weeks, if not months, worth of booking. Christian vs. Randy Orton in a last man standing match is the Smackdown title bout. This was a change from a triple headliner of Punk vs. HHH, Alberto Del Rio vs. Cena for the WWE title and Christian vs. Orton as was the original plan for the show.

...While much of this angle’s genesis came from Punk to Vince McMahon, in the end, the angle was going to be shaped for the purposes of getting the family over primarily, and Punk secondarily. In the end, Punk is a bigger star for it. His elevation wasn’t shut down as it would have been in the original booking concept, where he was to return at the end of the show, get beaten up by HHH, left laying with a pedigree and Alberto Del Rio would come down, cash in his briefcase, beat him to win the title, and Del Rio would go to SummerSlam and defend against Cena.

The loser of the week ended up Del Rio, who is not only out the championship for at least the fourth time it was planned for him, but also seems in limbo at SummerSlam instead of being the champion defending in the main event.

The company originally felt they wanted Del Rio as champion for a show in the Los Angeles market, to try and draw from the Latin community, and in particular had a long-term plan of Del Rio as champion when they return to Mexico in October with the idea it’s the first time a Mexican would hold a WWE title while they were in Mexico, and when TV is being taped for the first time ever in Mexico. It was seen as a chance to really broaden the fan base in what is currently the company’s strongest market. The attack by HHH was designed by make him a strong heel for a match with Punk, and thus, by extension give Punk a strong heel to work with to help him get over as a face.

Del Rio is still supposed to get the title at some point very soon. Those close to the situation indicate Cena vs. Del Rio is sort of planned for September, but given how frequently things change, the idea they even have a decision on the winner of the SummerSlam main that won’t change several times between now and then is laughable.

...While to a lot of people, Punk was the big story, internally, it was very clear that it is still all about the family, and Punk’s return on TV was all about getting HHH over. So while you can come up with a lot of better options than what they did, if you’re a Punk fan, it was as good as it was going to get because Punk was not going to be made into a bigger deal than HHH’s new role. Whether HHH eventually goes heel and feuds with Punk, which was also on the drawing board at one point, well, that more depends on whether they want HHH to go heel and when.

Brock
07-27-2011, 07:46 PM
HHH? Yeah, you knew he couldn't keep his beak out of it. :vomit:

Reaper16
07-27-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm going to treat that as nothing more than message board speculation. Because the thought of Punk being built up only to be fed to HHH is even more infuriating than the prospect of Cena winning at SummerSlam.

keg in kc
07-27-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm going to treat that as nothing more than message board speculation. Because the thought of Punk being built up only to be fed to HHH is even more infuriating than the prospect of Cena winning at SummerSlam.I didn't read that as Punk being fed to HHH. I read that as Punk being used to establish HHH's new corporate character, who would later turn heel and then himself be fed to Punk to build Punk as a major face. And my guess is they're still going to do that. Saying HHH hired Punk late Monday looks like the start of establishing HHH's bonafides as COO. And they're obviously pushing that character very hard, putting him on both shows this week.

It would, however, have looked like Punk being fed to HHH if they'd done the pedigree/cash in Monday, so I'm glad they didn't do it. Zero sense in that, not on the night he returned. From his extended vacation.

58kcfan89
07-27-2011, 09:17 PM
I can live with Punk losing at SummerSlam (I'd definitely be pissed, though), as long as they keep him in the spotlight. But putting HHH over him, especially clean, would be incredibly stupid. I'd like to see a HHH-Punk match at WM28, but not if they're gunna have HHH go over. Stupid.

I'd rather them just have Del Rio fail at a cash-in and move him down the card for a bit. They tried giving him a ME push too early at the Rumble earlier this year and he wasn't generating a whole lot of heat then, nor is he now. If they hand him the title and it's a dud, it could ruin his career for the foreseeable future (see: Swagger).

Punk's the #1 guy right now and the guy people want to see, not Del Rio. Don't ruin what's been a great angle because you want a Mexican guy to have the title in Mexico, especially when the Mexican guy isn't over enough to warrant it.

That said, I fully expect WWE to do whatever they can to screw this up.

keg in kc
07-27-2011, 09:22 PM
I want to see Punk end taker's streak at mania. As a face.

Talk about putting a guy over huge, if they could pull that off.

(I'd say there's zero chance, but that's overly optimistic.)

Reaper16
07-27-2011, 10:01 PM
I'd much rather Del Rio cash in and take the belt off of Punk than see Punk lose to Cena. For me, my resistance to a Cena victory at SummerSlam doesn't lie with a Punk loss. I am fine with Punk losing a match, and I am fine with Punk giving up the title. What I'm not fine with is John Cena, specifically, winning. There's no reason for Cena to go over. He wins all of the time, he's incredibly stale, and most importantly, a loss won't harm Cena in the slightest bit. He's going to be mega-popular with the kids in perpetuity.

Ultra Peanut
07-27-2011, 10:02 PM
On the bright side, I'd be able to stop watching again in pretty short order.

keg in kc
07-29-2011, 01:08 PM
How did I miss this?I'm starting to use social media... This will get me in trouble.
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n_Vtwdozi-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T1KUJgU6pEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
07-29-2011, 01:23 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/keM5m0bmHn8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uEtnhcDwhdo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eR4rRUfz3RE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jd_rmMYFdZo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F7sfLqnNI5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

58kcfan89
07-29-2011, 01:40 PM
http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/2865-Exclusive-CM-Punk-Is-Coming-To-TNAOnDemand-com

Ultra Peanut
07-29-2011, 09:07 PM
lol

Also, I was reading old posts in this thread to catch myself up on stuff and realized I haven't watched any footage of WGTT in ROH. I'm such a dork.

Reaper16
07-29-2011, 11:55 PM
lol

Also, I was reading old posts in this thread to catch myself up on stuff and realized I haven't watched any footage of WGTT in ROH. I'm such a dork.
You should watch the last RoH PPV: Best in the World. It's really solid from start to finish, but the last two matches are insane. The penultimate match is a 4-way elimination tag team match for the Tag Team Championship between WGTT, Kings of Wrestling, The Briscoes, and The All Night Express. Insanity. The main event is the ROH World Title match between Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards. So good.

Ultra Peanut
07-30-2011, 05:33 AM
match for the Tag Team Championship between WGTT, Kings of Wrestling, The Briscoes, and The All Night Express. Insanity.

http://i.imgur.com/clIXI.gif

keg in kc
07-30-2011, 07:19 PM
--HHH is booked for all Raw and Smackdown TV tapings in his role as "COO" of WWE for the forseeable future.

--Last night was the first John Cena vs. C.M. Punk double title house show match in Peoria. The finish they did was both men on the mat after a double clothesline spot, and Alberto Del Rio came in and hit both men with the briefcase and the match was ruled a double DQ. Before Del Rio could get the match started, Cena gave him the Attitude Adjustment and then Punk gave him the GTS and he went running. The show ended with Cena and Punk each holding their belts doing a staredown.

Swanman
07-30-2011, 07:51 PM
You should watch the last RoH PPV: Best in the World. It's really solid from start to finish, but the last two matches are insane. The penultimate match is a 4-way elimination tag team match for the Tag Team Championship between WGTT, Kings of Wrestling, The Briscoes, and The All Night Express. Insanity. The main event is the ROH World Title match between Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards. So good.

Another couple of real solid matches are from Wrestlemania weekend this year in Atlanta. The first match they won the titles from the Kings of Wrestling then the next day wrestled a great non-title match against the American Wolves. They obviously don't work as fast as most of the frenetic ROH tag teams, but they definitely keep up.

It is amazing how far and away better the ROH tag division is compared to the E and TNA. Off the top of my head, ROH has the following good teams:

WGTT
KoW (soon to be gone to the E)
All Night Express
O'Reilly and Cole
American Wolves (when they tag together)
Briscoe Brothers

You also have other passable teams made up of singles guys, like Cabana/Generico. They could do some tag team stuff with Steve Corino and Jimmy Jacobs that could be fun.

Swanman
07-30-2011, 07:52 PM

You also have the return of Evil Kevin Steen, which is always great. His powerbomb on Michael Elgin (think a Canadian Rhino) was epic.

Reaper16
07-30-2011, 08:13 PM
You also have the return of Evil Kevin Steen, which is always great. His powerbomb on Michael Elgin (think a Canadian Rhino) was epic.
I love in the Elgin v Corino match how Elgin unsuccessfully attempts the package piledriver and some dude in the audience yells "You don't get to do a package piledriver!"

keg in kc
08-01-2011, 03:55 PM
I got a feeling that tonight's the night the Punk angle dies. Just feel like something stupid's going to happen. Punk pedigreed. Shenanigans early leading to Cena and Punk tag-teaming against heels. Something not good.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-01-2011, 03:59 PM
I got a feeling that tonight's the night the Punk angle dies. Just feel like something stupid's going to happen. Punk pedigreed. Shenanigans early leading to Cena and Punk tag-teaming against heels. Something not good.

I agree I can see a stupid/week RAW on the horizon, but I don't think they will kill the Punk angle off tonight. Not that quickly...not after the new entrance and swag he was sporting at the end of the last RAW. Def do not see him getting pedigreed haha. Punk is the best the RAW has going for the company at the moment.

I see them setting up some sort of no holds barred match between Cena and Punk for SS to decide who the tru Champ is....although we all know who the REAL champ is at the moment.

keg in kc
08-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Oh, I don't mean they'll kill it intentionally, just that they'll do something that kills it for me.

Captain Obvious
08-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Ha....the Hunter bow. Priceless.

He also does a good HHH impression.

keg in kc
08-01-2011, 07:25 PM
That wasn't doing much for me, but the HHH impression was gold.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-01-2011, 07:27 PM
It was better than the norm.

And was HHH saying C.O.O.?

keg in kc
08-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Michael Cole is awful.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Weak ending.

The whole back and forth with raising the belts to their music was about as cheezy as you could get.

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Tapatalk

Mr_Tomahawk
08-01-2011, 09:08 PM
I agree I can see a stupid/week RAW on the horizon, but I don't think they will kill the Punk angle off tonight. Not that quickly...not after the new entrance and swag he was sporting at the end of the last RAW. Def do not see him getting pedigreed haha. Punk is the best the RAW has going for the company at the moment.

I see them setting up some sort of no holds barred match between Cena and Punk for SS to decide who the tru Champ is....although we all know who the REAL champ is at the moment.

I was close....although it was pretty obvious.

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Tapatalk

Al Bundy
08-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Crowd sounds split down the middle.

58kcfan89
08-02-2011, 01:43 AM
Just watched the show...

Punk-HHH thing needs to be slowly built up for awhile, with a WM28 match as the blow-off IMO. Good way to start the show, but the whole "ZOMG, whAt iZ HhH g0InG To dO WiTH teH WWe TiTlE??!?!??" thing was a little ridiculous. If anyone didn't see Punk-Cena at Summerslam to unify the thing, they're dumb (sorry if anyone didn't see it coming...).

And I'm getting sick of this whole "Who is the REAL Champion?" thing, too. Punk beat Cena, who was the champion, and no one's beat him since. How in the hell am I supposed to take Cena's reign seriously?

The end was a bit of a letdown/kinda stupid, but whatever. That crowd didn't deserve much better than what they got...

Anyway, I'm gunna say the same thing I said before MitB: If this ends with Cena going over clean and that's the end of it, they're fucking stupid. This angle still has a lot of possible outcomes and Cena doesn't need the damn thing.

I don't think they'll all of a sudden stop making Punk the focus of the show, but I'd like for his first WWE Title reign to be longer than a month, especially if they want to make him a face.

And does anyone else see a Cena heel turn before/when Rocky comes back? I don't know why I think that, but I do...

keg in kc
08-02-2011, 05:22 AM
I've thought about it a little now, and they spent way too much time building what everybody knew was going to happen. I love Punk on the mic, but they didn't need 25 minutes to build the conflict between him and HHH. The end segment came off flat. And everybody's known what they were going to do since the minute Punk re-appeared last week. They didn't need to spend 2 hours building to such an obvious conclusion. So in the end it was anticlimactic.

Basically I don't think they did anything wrong, they just did it the wrong way, and in doing so turned a hot angle into a dull, predictable one, at least for a night. Still no idea what's going to happen at SS....

I think there's a problem too in that the non-internet/-hardcore crowd doesn't buy into Punk as a babyface yet. Cena is still their guy, which ultimately makes him seem like a much bigger star (which he is...) when they do the back-and-forth cheering thing.

Anyway, I don't think it killed the angle, which is good, but it did kind of drag it to a half.

I'm not sure if Cena is teasing heel or not. There are times I think he is, but that's probably just be my natural dislike of him...

I would love at SummerSlam for Punk to win clean but it isn't going to happen. They're all 50/50 booking now, and Cena has to get his win back on the bigger show. Maybe with HHH interference. That's where I see it going. And then Alberto cashes in, kicking off a short-term feud between the two of them.

If they were to do this right, they'd slow it down and have HHH/Punk be a mania payoff, but I have a hard time seeing them doing something that long-term.

Jerm
08-02-2011, 05:51 AM
Punk doing the old Hunter Hearst Helmsley bow to HHH was friggin win...hilarious.

God I hope they turn Cena heel...seeing as Punk is basically Austin the sequel I want to see Cena become the new corporate Rock character to foil Punk.

Make him HHH's company man lackey that's straight laced, by the book, and tows the company line. Book Cena as this jaded, borderline delusional "face of the WWE" that needs to "save" the WWE from Punk's rebelling and chaotic attitude.

Hell give HHH and Cena a stable...it'd be a good excuse to bring in Colt and the Kings to aid Punk lol.

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2011, 02:12 PM
I was let down by the unbelievably predictable ending, but at least it was cute and cheesy and nobody got buried except Johnny Funkhouser (why was he out there tonight? Everyone hated him and he meant nothing.). It's being handled in kind of a really dumb, painfully rushed way, but I still have no idea what they're going to do next so I'm still on board. My hopes for the ultimate result of this being Monster (smug)Face Punk and Embittered Heel Cena seem to be fading, sadly.

Basically what keg said.

Funny how a 20-minute promo to start the show can be awesome when CM Punk is the one doing it, though. The first hour of Raw was the best hour of that show I've seen in a long time.

chiefscafan
08-02-2011, 02:17 PM
I loved that cm punk called out hunter for past crap he's done. Hoping they don't blow this we will see.

Reaper16
08-02-2011, 02:20 PM
"Pipebomb!" *drops mic* *exits ring*

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2011, 02:21 PM
He got the last word on Hunter! That's more valuable than a PPV victory over him. I marked out so hard.

Loved Beth dropping the mic (onto Kelly Kelly*) in the next segment, too.

*CM Punk and Kelly Kelly? Is this ECW on Sci-Fi? [that show owned, it's the thing I'm most nostalgic about during my 2006-2009ish run of following wrestling. ELIJAH BURKE Y'ALL]

chiefscafan
08-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Also loved him stoping hunter from leaving by saying I do love Motörhead but I have more to say. That was awesome!! I just hope they don't feed punk to cena or hunter.

Reaper16
08-02-2011, 02:55 PM
He got the last word on Hunter! That's more valuable than a PPV victory over him. I marked out so hard.

Loved Beth dropping the mic (onto Kelly Kelly*) in the next segment, too.

*CM Punk and Kelly Kelly? Is this ECW on Sci-Fi? [that show owned, it's the thing I'm most nostalgic about during my 2006-2009ish run of following wrestling. ELIJAH BURKE Y'ALL]
I miss Elijah Burke too. I'm gonna' go watch that Punk vs Burke, best 2 out of 3 falls match now.

I hope Beth starts subtly incorporating Punk-isms into her repertoire. They're an uncommonly cute real-life couple and it'd be cool to see that spill over onto TV.

keg in kc
08-02-2011, 02:57 PM
I just hope that all of this is an avenue for HHH to make Punk a bigger star, and I'm not entirely convinced yet that it is. As good as Punk was last night, the whole time I'm watching I'm thinking "this is way too much about HHH and not enough about Cena/Punk".

Not gonna be happy if (when) this ends with a pedigree.

58kcfan89
08-02-2011, 03:04 PM
I think there's a problem too in that the non-internet/-hardcore crowd doesn't buy into Punk as a babyface yet. Cena is still their guy, which ultimately makes him seem like a much bigger star (which he is...) when they do the back-and-forth cheering thing.

Eh, it's still "new" to the kiddies that it's OK to cheer someone other than Cena or Orton. Punk's not going to get over as a face with everyone right away, it'll probably take awhile and another big PPV win (like a Mania main event) for a majority of the "casual" fans to get on board IMO.

I would love at SummerSlam for Punk to win clean but it isn't going to happen. They're all 50/50 booking now, and Cena has to get his win back on the bigger show. Maybe with HHH interference. That's where I see it going. And then Alberto cashes in, kicking off a short-term feud between the two of them.

If they were to do this right, they'd slow it down and have HHH/Punk be a mania payoff, but I have a hard time seeing them doing something that long-term.

I can live with Punk losing to Cena, as long as it's not a clean loss. HHH interference, Cena cheating (in my dreams, right?...), or another way to create some controversy & continue the story and keep Punk in the spotlight would be fine.

That said, Cena doesn't need the title and if Punk beat him, it'd give him some more credibility as the champ.

"Pipebomb!" *drops mic* *exits ring*

I marked. That was so cool.

Also loved him stoping hunter from leaving by saying I do love Motörhead but I have more to say. That was awesome!! I just hope they don't feed punk to cena or hunter.

Like I said, I'm OK with Punk losing to Cena as long as it's not clean and there's some way to continue this story. I have no problem if ADR cashes in/tries to cash in and gets his little title run while they go to Mexico, but in the long-term, he needs to be involved in a storyline that makes people care about him. It seems like they're trying to get him involved in a feud with Kofi, which would be a good thing to help develop his character.

As for feeding Punk to HHH, he seems to be a strictly non-wrestler right now, and if he wrestles in the future, it should only be to put someone over. And if they end up making Punk the focus of these shows just to feed him to Cena (who doesn't need it), I'm gunna be so fucking mad.

I guess I'll just take Punk's advice and sit back, shut up and enjoy it. He's telling stories!

Reaper16
08-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Eh, it's still "new" to the kiddies that it's OK to cheer someone other than Cena or Orton. Punk's not going to get over as a face with everyone right away, it'll probably take awhile and another big PPV win (like a Mania main event) for a majority of the "casual" fans to get on board IMO.

Eh, Punk can be a firm babyface if just feuds with a bonafide heel. Look at how quickly the crowd got behind Alex Riley, for example. A-Ry gets hella face pops. Punk would be cheered en masse in a feud w/ Del Rio, for instance.

keg in kc
08-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Eh, it's still "new" to the kiddies that it's OK to cheer someone other than Cena or Orton. Punk's not going to get over as a face with everyone right away, it'll probably take awhile and another big PPV win (like a Mania main event) for a majority of the "casual" fans to get on board IMO.Oh, I get that, I was just suggesting that they might want to limit situations like that where Punk will come off as less a star than Cena. If the goal is to get him over massively, then don't have dueling chants basically anywhere but Chicago at this point. Give him another win somewhere, establish him (Punk winning matches without help, or even being competitive is a relatively new thing...) and then start the side-by-side comparison thing.

Wins would solve a lot. Let him beat Cena again. It's not like it can conceivably hurt Cena in any way, shape or form. The munchkins aren't going to stop buying fruity shirts if he's 0-2 on recent PPVs.

That's probably the best we can hope for. I don't think there's any way they turn him straight-up heel, although the idea of him working as a corporate champion could be something good if they did it right (although him mouthing off to Johnny Ace kills that idea...).

Anyway, the title's going on Del Rio, and then Cena's back to feuding with Rock (which I still say he doesn't need a belt to do...). That doesn't leave a whole lot of Punk to do. I mean, personally, I'm not all that interested in Del Rio/Punk (or Del Rio and anybody at this point), and there really isn't much on the roster after that. Hence HHH.

Something just occurred to me. Mysterio should be incensed about the whole title thing. Having to do two title matches in a night? Bullshit! I hate Mysterio and I think that's crap. So what kind of pussy must he be, in story, to not say a word about that while these other two guys are figuring out who the champion is. I mean, Ray should have jumped into the right at the end and said "that guy won and left, that guy lost and then beat me on my second match of the night, so I say I deserve a shot, too, Hunter? "

No, I'm not saying I want a 3-way. It just seems odd.

keg in kc
08-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Eh, Punk can be a firm babyface if just feuds with a bonafide heel. Look at how quickly the crowd got behind Alex Riley, for example. A-Ry gets hella face pops. Punk would be cheered en masse in a feud w/ Del Rio, for instance.It blows my mind that people cheer for that guy. I sometimes wonder how much of that was originally piped cheers.

I thought my TV was going to implode from the sheer blandness of it all when he came out to interrupt Dolph.

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2011, 03:30 PM
So on a rewatch of the ending, when Punk goes up to the turnbuckle to play to the crowd for the first time there's a guy in the background wearing a size ~3X CM Punk shirt. He's not even reacting to Punk doing the dueling-pops thing with the WWE's biggest star of the past 10 years, he's just writing something on his phone (I hope it was an a post on an internet forum). Oh, smarks.

And I so don't get the Riley thing. Is it just because the Miz made him or is it even more inexplicable?

58kcfan89
08-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Eh, Punk can be a firm babyface if just feuds with a bonafide heel. Look at how quickly the crowd got behind Alex Riley, for example. A-Ry gets hella face pops. Punk would be cheered en masse in a feud w/ Del Rio, for instance.

Riley also got to work with The Miz for a year or so before turning on him. Those sudden turns on guys who are really over tend to get a quick reaction IMO. The challenge for Riley is to get the crowd to keep cheering him.

Anyway, the title's going on Del Rio, and then Cena's back to feuding with Rock (which I still say he doesn't need a belt to do...). That doesn't leave a whole lot of Punk to do. I mean, personally, I'm not all that interested in Del Rio/Punk (or Del Rio and anybody at this point), and there really isn't much on the roster after that. Hence HHH.

Something just occurred to me. Mysterio should be incensed about the whole title thing. Having to do two title matches in a night? Bullshit! I hate Mysterio and I think that's crap. So what kind of pussy must he be, in story, to not say a word about that while these other two guys are figuring out who the champion is. I mean, Ray should have jumped into the right at the end and said "that guy won and left, that guy lost and then beat me on my second match of the night, so I say I deserve a shot, too, Hunter? "

No, I'm not saying I want a 3-way. It just seems odd.

WWE's whole "ADR needs the title because we're going to Mexico" thing needs to stop. He's not over, has cut the same promo for the entire year, and hasn't had a meaningful feud since Edge earlier this year...

Sorry, just not a big Del Rio fan yet.

As for Rey, I hate the way they book him. He can put on some great matches, but I despise this "biggest little man" gimmick where he gets destroyed for 15 minutes by a guy twice his size before hitting a 619 and getting the pin. It's like SuperCena, only I can buy SuperCena because he's gigantic... And his character is a total puss who still can't cut a good promo. They probably should have kept him on SD and let him help put on some good matches and occasionally be in a title match over there.

It blows my mind that people cheer for that guy. I sometimes wonder how much of that was originally piped cheers.

I thought my TV was going to implode from the sheer blandness of it all when he came out to interrupt Dolph.

I felt the same way until the promo last night. For whatever reason, I didn't hate it. Maybe it was the fact that he actually interacted with the guy/gal in the ring than spout random crap at them, but I felt like I could see him improving last night. Maybe I was too tired or need to re-watch it, but for the first time, I could actually see some of that potential that's been pushed so much recently.

Or maybe I'm just crazy....

So on a rewatch of the ending, when Punk goes up to the turnbuckle to play to the crowd for the first time there's a guy in the background wearing a size ~3X CM Punk shirt. He's not even reacting to Punk doing the dueling-pops thing with the WWE's biggest star of the past 10 years, he's just writing something on his phone (I hope it was an a post on an internet forum). Oh, smarks.

I think this kinda thing is what Punk was referencing when he said he "wants to make this shit fun again," getting the crowd more involved each night. And I can't totally blame the guy for not reacting, it's not like it was a great segment.

I also read on another forum from someone who was there said that Punk got an enormous pop at the beginning of the show and when Cena got a big pop later, the Punk marks eventually just "gave up" and knew they couldn't out-scream all the Little Jimmys. Just a theory.

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Yah, to be fair I was pretty, "Oh, okay" and sneaking peeks at online reactions at that point, too.

keg in kc
08-02-2011, 04:00 PM
It's the little things that Punk does so well that make me really hope he gets over. The looks, the comments, he seems to be a guy genuinely enjoying what he's doing, while Cena always comes across like a guy playing a role (often a caricature of himself). Which is why I think the corporate "semi-heel" cena, that they clearly to this point are not doing, would work so well. He can still be the heroic figure to all the 6-year olds in the crowd, and all the adults could understand that he's HHH's hand-picked guy.

Cena last night didn't make a whole lot of sense. He's acting like he's fighting the system, as the guy who benefits the most from the system. Valiant John Cena won't accept a tainted championship so he knocks Johnny Ace on his ass (but he sure has no problem taking it from Mysterio the same night Rey got it...). They want him so bad to be superman, so bad to make everybody like him.

For as much as they highlight the split crowds on the commentary (oh, I don't think I've said it today: MICHAEL COLE FUCKING SUCKS ASS), they try so very hard to make everybody cheer him.

Reaper16
08-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I don't care if this is a repost:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E9obAE2w26Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
08-02-2011, 04:07 PM
In some bizarro universe, there's a raw going on, and that video was just highlighted, and JR turned to his partner and said "not the first time a wrestler's gotten his hands on a 9-year old girl, is it Jerry."

58kcfan89
08-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Cena last night didn't make a whole lot of sense. He's acting like he's fighting the system, as the guy who benefits the most from the system. Valiant John Cena won't accept a tainted championship so he knocks Johnny Ace on his ass (but he sure has no problem taking it from Mysterio the same night Rey got it...). They want him so bad to be superman, so bad to make everybody like him.

For as much as they highlight the split crowds on the commentary (oh, I don't think I've said it today: MICHAEL COLE FUCKING SUCKS ASS), they try so very hard to make everybody cheer him.

Not the first time they've done this with Cena. Hustle, Loyalty, Respect, my ass. Rocky was right, he's a fucking phony and we boo him because we can see through all the BS.

And as much as I dislike Cole, Lawler's incredibly fucking annoying. I'd much rather listen to Bookah(!) than Jerry.

keg in kc
08-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Just drop Cole, give me JR and Jerry on Raw.

Hell, Cole's the reason I don't watch Smackdown. I can't stand the way he's talking over everything Daniel Bryan's doing right now. Walking to the ramp? Cole's trashing him. Talking to somebody? Cole's trashing him. Fighting? Cole's trashing him.

It makes me wonder if Cole's just piping what McMahon's saying in his ear into the broadcast, and is a sign of Bryan's future (read: none).

Either way, he's so bad I'll turn the show off.

keg in kc
08-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Meltzer with a comment that was basically a mirror of what I thought last night:-- In the WWE.com voting for who the real world champion is, it finished at 54% John Cena and 46% CM Punk.

Fans felt the guy who beat John Cena for the title was less deserving of the championship than a guy who got the belt following a tournament that he wasn't even in.This could be interesting. Or not.-- Jericho on Punk: Everyone is so excited that @CMPunk mentioned me on Raw. Newsflash...I don't give a shit. Mind ur own business and stop rippin me off Punk.

There are people in WWE who believe based on that tweet that we might get a Punk vs. Jericho match at WrestleMania this year.That match would steal the show.

CoMoChief
08-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Bradshaw and Ron Simmons needs to re-form the APA again.

Reaper16
08-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Cole is beyond dreadful. He buries everything and everybody, he domineers the commentary to such a twisted degree that it makes me feel sorry for his co-workers. He's doing the very opposite of good improv in most cases in that instead of building on the work of his partners he negates it, squashes it.

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2011, 05:13 PM
I was overjoyed when JR came back because I thought, in keeping with their booking-for-the-internet-in-a-smart-way stuff of late, that Cole was going to hear HHH's first "YOU'RE FAHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Turns out Cole sticking around with JR and Lawler makes the announce team markedly worse, if that's possible, because he's going out of his way to be even more overbearing and annoying.

58kcfan89
08-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Meltzer with a comment that was basically a mirror of what I thought last night:This could be interesting. Or not.That match would steal the show.

Depending on how many fans voted, 46-54 may not be that big of a difference, but yeah, most of the fans that vote in those polls aren't the brightest people.

As for the Jericho thing, I'd love nothing more than to see him vs. Punk at Mania (assuming HBK doesn't want one more match...), but considering all the other random crap Jericho tweets, I'm not putting much stock into it. Plus, Punk may need a bigger name guy to go over at Mania to put him over the top with the fans. Jericho, who hasn't been around in forever, probably isn't that guy.

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Cena last night didn't make a whole lot of sense. He's acting like he's fighting the system, as the guy who benefits the most from the system. Valiant John Cena won't accept a tainted championship so he knocks Johnny Ace on his ass (but he sure has no problem taking it from Mysterio the same night Rey got it...). They want him so bad to be superman, so bad to make everybody like him.That's the thing that's weird about the angle. Even with the same exact promos, he could easily be hinting at a turn right now if ANYONE besides Punk had acknowledged his bizarre interpretation of the past few weeks. But because they're still treating him like John Cena, hero to one and all, and refusing to comment on the shadiness surrounding how he got the paper title in the first place, he's just confusing and kind of sad. Poor Rey, from two great matches in one night to background for a segment centered around Miz-Truth without anyone even alluding to his possible grievances.

I really think a Cena heel turn at Summerfest, either by snapping after losing or cheating to beat Punk, could be the catalyst to an enormously hot angle that could last for months and put both in a better position to reach mainstream audiences. It won't happen, but it would be amazing.

Reaper16
08-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Plus, Cena can turn face again instantly. All it'd take is one promo saying that he lost his way and forgot that its supposed to be about the fans and forgot what HustleLoyaltyRespect means and etc. Face again in one fell swoop.

So it harms nothing to see Cena do a slight heel turn.

keg in kc
08-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Ooh.Wade Barrett beat Colt Cabana in the dark match tonight in Lexington.Ladies and gentlemen, our first pedigree of the new era...HHH came out. Zack Ryder was already in the ring. HHH said the new job was stressful. Dealing with talent was stressful. He said Zack was not the assistant GM, he was the assistant TO the GM. He asked the camera crew to turn the cameras off and then swore the audience to secrecy. What was about to happen couldn't leave the arena. He said he needed to blow off stress and crap runs downhill. Then he pedigreed Ryder and put his finger to his lips to remind us it was a secret and left.Actually I think it's hilarious it was him. I may be the only guy on the internet that thinks Ryder is a joke.

Swanman
08-03-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't care if this is a repost:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E9obAE2w26Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The 9 year old actually took a few pseudo bumps, very impressive. Kenny Omega rules. I wish he would get more ROH appearances but he is impossibly to book on a full-time basis, much like Mike Quackenbush.

Ultra Peanut
08-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Ooh.Ladies and gentlemen, our first pedigree of the new era...Actually I think it's hilarious it was him. I may be the only guy on the internet that thinks Ryder is a joke.I'm not going to claim to be a Ryder connoisseur, because he didn't start developing his non-Major Bros/Edgeheads character until just after I stopped paying attention or thereabouts, but I think it's charming that he so clearly derives so much joy from being in the ring, even to job.

He seems like he has potential, but at the same time I just really love his enthusiasm no matter the circumstances. It's adorable.

keg in kc
08-03-2011, 03:33 PM
I think with me, I just absolutely hate his character.

The enthusiasm is a nice change, though, and I do sort of admire the internet niche he's created for himself.

58kcfan89
08-03-2011, 05:36 PM
I think with me, I just absolutely hate his character.

The enthusiasm is a nice change, though, and I do sort of admire the internet niche he's created for himself.

I like him because he clearly doesn't take himself too seriously in a business that's run by politics and ass-kissing.

That said, it won't kill me if they don't give him much time. But I do enjoy watching him when he's on TV (and I think his YouTube stuff is pretty funny, too).

keg in kc
08-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Very discouraging discussion on last night's Wrestling Observer Radio for people who want Cena to ever turn heel. According to Meltzer, there are people high up in WWE heavily against the Cena/Rock match at Wrestlemania next year, because they think it will be counterproductive to the current long term goal with Cena - to get him over as a babyface with males. They're afraid that Cena will be viewed as the heel in the feud regardless of what Rock does, so for months leading up to Wrestlemana and then that night in Miami, he's going to be booed. And they, of course, want Cena to be the face carrying the company for the rest of the year after Mania, since Rock will be gone.

This is not set in stone obviously, and they really can't see a way out of the feud, so it will probably happen anyway, the main point here is their long-term goal with Cena. Which I think is enlightening as far as his role in the current feud is. That would certainly explain why he's (illogically....) mirroring so much of what Punk says, because they want to get him over with the fans cheering Punk...

Which is never, ever going to happen. There's no way in hell they're ever going to get Cena over with hardcores....

keg in kc
08-04-2011, 10:37 AM
On what I think is a slightly more positive note, Mick Foley is probably coming back to WWE in September, to start building a Wrestlemania program with...somebody. He supposedly wants his kids to be able to see him in one really big match, where he's a star, and that isn't going to happen in TNA...

(I'm big on new stars, but I've always found Foley to be really entertaining)

Swanman
08-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Very discouraging discussion on last night's Wrestling Observer Radio for people who want Cena to ever turn heel. According to Meltzer, there are people high up in WWE heavily against the Cena/Rock match at Wrestlemania next year, because they think it will be counterproductive to the current long term goal with Cena - to get him over as a babyface with males. They're afraid that Cena will be viewed as the heel in the feud regardless of what Rock does, so for months leading up to Wrestlemana and then that night in Miami, he's going to be booed. And they, of course, want Cena to be the face carrying the company for the rest of the year after Mania, since Rock will be gone.

This is not set in stone obviously, and they really can't see a way out of the feud, so it will probably happen anyway, the main point here is their long-term goal with Cena. Which I think is enlightening as far as his role in the current feud is. That would certainly explain why he's (illogically....) mirroring so much of what Punk says, because they want to get him over with the fans cheering Punk...

Which is never, ever going to happen. There's no way in hell they're ever going to get Cena over with hardcores....

They just don't want to kill the short-term cash cow that Cena is selling merch to kids. I watched a great show on WWE On Demand about the NWO that had Kevin Nash along with JR, Michael Hayes, JJ Dillon and Mean Gene talking about how it all came about. Where this relates to Cena is that in the months leading up to Hogan's turn, he was starting to get booed in spots because people were just tired/bored with his character, which is a pretty good comparison to Cena now. Another interesting factoid is that they originally wanted Sting in the Hogan role but he didn't want to turn heel.

keg in kc
08-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Cut day in WWE apparently. Gail Kim (well, she asked for hers), Melina, Kozlov, DH Smith and Chris Masters so far.

Might be some news on Money in the Bank buyrate this afternoon.

And Danielson has a new theme song on smackdown tonight. Which of course Cole buries immediately. But it might work better than Ride of the Valkyries.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TgSVv1KCjW8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

58kcfan89
08-05-2011, 01:59 PM

Can't say I'm surprised. They announce a huge match with 1 year's notice (which is like 10 years in real life) and 6 months later, they're not happy with it.

As for Cena getting over with males, age 18-45, good luck. Ironically, they may be able to get us to cheer for him if they turn him heel, which would in turn kill the kids' love of him. And we're never going to love him as much as the kids do....

On what I think is a slightly more positive note, Mick Foley is probably coming back to WWE in September, to start building a Wrestlemania program with...somebody. He supposedly wants his kids to be able to see him in one really big match, where he's a star, and that isn't going to happen in TNA...

(I'm big on new stars, but I've always found Foley to be really entertaining)

Love me some Foley. Can see him taking someone who's almost at the ME level and putting them over the top (think Edge at WM22). Del Rio?

Cut day in WWE apparently. Gail Kim (well, she asked for hers), Melina, Kozlov, DH Smith and Chris Masters so far.

Might be some news on Money in the Bank buyrate this afternoon.

And Danielson has a new theme song on smackdown tonight. Which of course Cole buries immediately. But it might work better than Ride of the Valkyries.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TgSVv1KCjW8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wondered why they ever re-hired Masters, anyway. Dude sucked hardcore the first time, what would have changed?...

And I'm glad they gave D-Bry a new theme, maybe they're actually committed to developing his character and giving him some meaningful time before letting him cash in the MitB case.

keg in kc
08-05-2011, 02:06 PM
And I'm glad they gave D-Bry a new theme, maybe they're actually committed to developing his character and giving him some meaningful time before letting him cash in the MitB case.I'm just terrified they're setting him up for some kind of match where he puts the case up against Barrett and he loses, and then Barrett cashes in for the title later.

I'm not sure that wouldn't be wayyy worse than being the first guy to lose his cash-in (if that cash in really is at wrestlemania - if he cashes in early and loses...disaster).

He apparently has a good match with Tyson Kidd on SD tonight (I'm literally watching 5 minutes of SD every week right now - whatever Bryan's doing) which he wins, so they're building him up to something. Love to see him get a long winning streak, but the way Cole incessantly buries him is not going to help build him with the audience.

Speaking of Kidd, who'da thunk that he'd be the survivor of the tag team with DH Smith. WWE keeps the talented but small performer over the dull 2nd generation big guy. That's actually a shocker.

Sin Cara is back Tuesday, so his suspension only lasted 3 weeks.

58kcfan89
08-07-2011, 12:52 PM
So I was reading a wrestling board discussing Punk-Cena, and of course, everyone thinks Punk needs to go over in some fashion. But one poster throws the theory out there that Punk needs to lose in order to develop this angle/character. He's now the "voice of the voiceless" and the "underdog," and all of a sudden he has Cena's number? Like the Royals (underdog: Punk) just started beating the Yankees (dynasty: Cena) all the time?

I've said it earlier that I would be OK with Punk losing, as long as they have something planned for the long-term with him, but would trust creative a lot more if they let him go over Cena. But with the way his new shirt's (supposedly) selling and how interested people are getting in him, maybe he's cemented himself as a permanant fixture in the main event (or at least I hope so).

I guess what I'm saying is: as long as there's something more planned for this angle, I'm OK with Punk losing to Cena at SS. Or am I totally off my rocker and Punk HAS to go over for credibility's sake? Thoughts?

Reaper16
08-07-2011, 01:37 PM
So I was reading a wrestling board discussing Punk-Cena, and of course, everyone thinks Punk needs to go over in some fashion. But one poster throws the theory out there that Punk needs to lose in order to develop this angle/character. He's now the "voice of the voiceless" and the "underdog," and all of a sudden he has Cena's number? Like the Royals (underdog: Punk) just started beating the Yankees (dynasty: Cena) all the time?

I've said it earlier that I would be OK with Punk losing, as long as they have something planned for the long-term with him, but would trust creative a lot more if they let him go over Cena. But with the way his new shirt's (supposedly) selling and how interested people are getting in him, maybe he's cemented himself as a permanant fixture in the main event (or at least I hope so).

I guess what I'm saying is: as long as there's something more planned for this angle, I'm OK with Punk losing to Cena at SS. Or am I totally off my rocker and Punk HAS to go over for credibility's sake? Thoughts?

Punk can lose, but it can't be clean.

The baseball analogy is way off, I feel. Punk isn't the Royals in that he hasn't sucked for years. His claim is that he's the "Best in the World" (which is precisely what that hot-selling new shirt says), and has been for years; he just hasn't been given the chance. Him not living up to that billing now that he has the chance could kill the entire angle.

Reaper16
08-07-2011, 01:38 PM
YOU GUYZ READY FOR HARDCORE JUSTICE?!?!?

58kcfan89
08-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Punk can lose, but it can't be clean.

The baseball analogy is way off, I feel. Punk isn't the Royals in that he hasn't sucked for years. His claim is that he's the "Best in the World" (which is precisely what that hot-selling new shirt says), and has been for years; he just hasn't been given the chance. Him not living up to that billing now that he has the chance could kill the entire angle.

Fair enough, but he did lose every PPV match he had from June 2010 to June 2011 if I remember correctly.

And I'm pretty much with you on the "clean win" thing. Likely needs to be some controversy to keep the thing going. That said, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them try to force ADR into the title picture...

keg in kc
08-07-2011, 03:16 PM
YOU GUYZ READY FOR HARDCORE JUSTICE?!?!?Is that some kind of pornographic movie?

keg in kc
08-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Seeing a report on last night's Raw house show makes me start to brainstorm possibilities for where this angle could go:CM Punk and John Cena went to a no contest when Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio got involved. Punk hit GTS on Ziggler and Cena hit AA on Del Rio.

After clearing ring Punk said its not a popularity vontest its about who is the best. At SummerSlam hell ptove hes the best in the world. They've been going to that same no contest all the time on house shows, and it probably doesn't mean anything, but I do think Punk's comment is a possible direction to take them. There may actually be a way to keep them both face. They're feuding because Punk is the best Wrestler, whereas Cena is the most popular Entertainer. So keep the focus there. Do some kind of a screwjob finish at Summerfest, maybe involve Johnny Ace again when it looks like Punk is going to win, where he's the better Man, but the "Company" can't let that happen. Maybe this time, Cena doesn't stop it? Maybe this time Alberto successfully cashes in. Something that screws Punk and puts even more of the audience behind him (I think there's still a large percentage that doesn't 'get' that he's a face now, both because him winning is still such a new thing, and because his turn was such a sudden, and IMO unintentional thing).

I really wish HHH had not gone with the "overrated" thing about Punk last week, because that I think hurts selling the idea (to the children and female and mouth-breathing segments of the audience) that he's the "best in the world". But go that route, where he should be the champion based on what's happened in the ring, but he's not. Which doesn't necessarily mean the Title is on Cena.

Anyway, that's one possible finish. I'll try to come up with more.

Reaper16
08-07-2011, 04:29 PM
"Mr. H's" doesn't know how to give a promo without burying somebody.

I think you're definitely right that part of the audience hasn't yet realized that Punk is a face now. It doesn't help that he's being positioned against the company's top face, and against a HHH that was all-face-everything the week before when he rehired J.R, etc.

58kcfan89
08-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Chris Jericho on his return:

Q: Since you're taking a break from wrestling right now, promoting your book and touring with Fozzy, do you think you'll be returning to the ring any time soon?

A: I have no plans for it right now. Like I said, I didn't leave wrestling for any bad reasons, it's just that I had a lot of other stuff that was going on in my life that I've been wanting to work on, and Fozzy is one of the main reasons for that. I know sometimes that pisses wrestling fans off, but I don't care. I do what I do to make myself happy. I've done wrestling for 20 years and I've been in Fozzy for 12. Fozzy is in the same place now after 12 years, that I was as a performer after 12. Just really on the verge of becoming something bigger. So I'd be crazy to not to devote as much time to the band as I can and take it as far as we can go. Wrestling is always there, it's not going anywhere. Will I come back? I don't know. But I have no plans of it right now.

http://www.fortmcmurraytoday.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3246481

Sounds like he's not coming back anytime soon, if ever. I've always loved Y2J, but if he's happy touring with Fozzy, more power to him.

keg in kc
08-08-2011, 04:00 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kUl_MZE-AfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BryanBusby
08-08-2011, 08:46 PM
R-Truth/Morrison just put on a rather entertaining match.

Overall this Raw has been eh

Al Bundy
08-08-2011, 09:10 PM
CM Punk just made this great.

Captain Obvious
08-08-2011, 09:14 PM
CM Punk just made this great.

Huge difference between his crowd pops tonight compared to last week. I hope some of the non-Interweb fans are starting to catch on.

58kcfan89
08-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Wow.

That was awesome.

If I had the money, I'd buy SummerFest because of that promo, despite the rest of the card looking like trash.

Al Bundy
08-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Wow.

That was awesome.

If I had the money, I'd buy SummerFest because of that promo, despite the rest of the card looking like trash.

There will be streams...

58kcfan89
08-08-2011, 09:25 PM
There will be streams...

I didn't say I wouldn't find a way to watch it ;)

I just feel kinda bad streaming a PPV that I'd like to buy because I can't afford it, seeing as how I usually just stream it because I know it's going to totally suck (see: Capital Punishment). But after that segment, I'd definitely pay for the thing if I had the money.

I mean, as much as I hate Cena, he played a pretty good role there, too IMO. When they announced HHH as the ref, I assumed it'd be a "screwjob," where they have Cena go over because of Mr. H's, then let ADR cash in MitB and have his mediocre title reign in Mexico. After that segment though, I have no idea what to expect...

BryanBusby
08-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Every time Cena injects, it feels like everything just deflates.

keg in kc
08-08-2011, 09:37 PM
My freaking DVR cut off right as punk was about to say what I assume was his final word. Argh.

He's so freaking good on the mic. Just when you think Cena/HHH have buried him, he comes back and has some great quip (mine went straight to DVD just like yours).

He's got this conviction to what he's saying that Cena just can't duplicate.

I'm not sure my favorite thing all night wasn't when he said "Destiny!" right at the end of the Del Rio match. LMAO

Entertaining as hell.

58kcfan89
08-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Every time Cena injects, it feels like everything just deflates.

When Cena finally got serious, it wasn't as bad, but when he was just sitting there smirking and nervously laughing when Punk [and Rocky via satellite] was burying him, it was pretty bad.

My freaking DVR cut off right as punk was about to say what I assume was his final word. Argh.

He's so freaking good on the mic. Just when you think Cena/HHH have buried him, he comes back and has some great quip (mine went straight to DVD just like yours).

He's got this conviction to what he's saying that Cena just can't duplicate.

I'm not sure my favorite thing all night wasn't when he said "Destiny!" right at the end of the Del Rio match. LMAO

Entertaining as hell.

I would argue that Cena's not the only one who can't duplicate it, I'd argue that there's not many actors/entertainers on the planet who can.

I missed the "destiny" thing, I thought he yelled "nap time," or something similar.

Time to sit back, enjoy it and watch Punk continue to tell his stories. This is the best WWE/wrestling has been in a long long time. And I think it's pretty obvious that Punk's in the main event for good now, which has been my concern for awhile.

Now, if we could make the undercard feuds/wrestlers half as entertaining...

Reaper16
08-08-2011, 10:39 PM
I was actually digging Cena getting meta, talking about the five moves of doom, etc. Though, him going meta actually just makes his character seem like an even bigger idiot for not realizing how privileged he is. I'm fine with Cena coming across as an idiot, though.

keg in kc
08-08-2011, 10:41 PM
I was actually digging Cena getting meta, talking about the five moves of doom, etc. Though, him going meta actually just makes his character seem like an even bigger idiot for not realizing how privileged he is. I'm fine with Cena coming across as an idiot, though.I actually marked out a little on that part.

Ultra Peanut
08-09-2011, 03:41 AM
FUNK MAN! Oh my god. Punk throwing out the Curb reference just barely topped Cena saying "five moves of doom."

Raw was kind of hard to get through this week but that last promo redeemed it. Really hope the bored-to-death crowd suddenly breaking into heavy CM Punk chants convinces them to book him huge this weekend (which, by the way? It is absurd how fast they've had to build this thing :( ).

Ultra Peanut
08-09-2011, 03:58 AM
seriously this gif i'm tossing into the op is basically the cutest thing

http://i.imgur.com/jtXWT.gif

it's that awkward kind of falling-backwards thing he's doing that makes it great (plus the weather map, of course; you have no idea). also the way he laughed at the mention of ice cream bars reminded me so much of my ex. and other stu

keg in kc
08-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Raw was kind of hard to get through this week but that last promo redeemed it. Really hope the bored-to-death crowd suddenly breaking into heavy CM Punk chants convinces them to book him huge this weekend (which, by the way? It is absurd how fast they've had to build this thing :( ).That actually reminds me of something else I liked from the show: the promo for the feud. I'm watching it and thinking this is really cool. although it's kinda funny how they're trying to take stuff from a few weeks ago and make it seem like ancient history.

Reaper16
08-09-2011, 09:49 AM
That actually reminds me of something else I liked from the show: the promo for the feud. I'm watching it and thinking this is really cool. although it's kinda funny how they're trying to take stuff from a few weeks ago and make it seem like ancient history.
I now want to see an NFL Films-style retrospective of the career of Braden Walker.

Swanman
08-09-2011, 10:43 AM
If I may put on my fantasy booking hat.........Cena beats Punk at SS with Huntor-ference and becomes the corporate champion, thus turning heel. They won't do it, but it's the way I would go.

Punk, since he lost by shenanigans, is not diminished and proceeds to chase Cena until Royal Rumble. At this point, to counteract HHH, aligns himself with someone like a returning Mick Foley, and takes the belt off of Cena at Rumble.

Cena goes onto the build for his Rock WM match without the belt, which is completely necessary. Cena can't have the belt going into that match because we know Rock isn't full-time, thus can't realistically win the title, and you damn sure can't make a WM match non-title.

That leaves Punk with the title going into Mania where he would face HHH to complete the Austin/McMahon style storyline. Hopefully Huntor would put Punk over, forever solidifying Punk into the stratosphere where he belongs.

Now I know WWE won't do anything like that, but as a fan, that's what would interest me.

keg in kc
08-09-2011, 11:08 AM
I thought the two important teases last night were Cena punching HHH and Punk pinning Del Rio clean. That makes me think that the two matches coming out of summerfest are going to be HHH/Cena and Del Rio/Punk after HHH and Cena get into it during the match, HHH gives Punk the win somehow and Del Rio cashes in.

'course, because that's what they teased, it's probably not what's going to happen.

I think HHH being part of the match hurts it in a major way. He's taking the focus off of Cena and Punk, and turning the whole thing into who he's going to screw. Which is ironic when the whole thing is storyline supposed to be about creating an undisputed champion.

Scott Pilgrim
08-09-2011, 11:52 AM
I now want to see an NFL Films-style retrospective of the career of Braden Walker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwyFABQX62A

Ultra Peanut
08-09-2011, 12:19 PM
My biggest fear at this point is Punk retaining but looking like a chump. My biggest hope, actually, is kind of that he gets screwed out of the title and goes on an epic <strike>romp</strike> crusade against the entire company to regain it, cementing his superstardom and bringing in Attitude-era ratings and making Austin and Rock quiver in awe at the mention of his name.

If I may put on my fantasy booking hat.........Cena beats Punk at SS with Huntor-ference and becomes the corporate champion, thus turning heel. They won't do it, but it's the way I would go.

[everything else]cosign

58kcfan89
08-09-2011, 12:21 PM

Punk, since he lost by shenanigans, is not diminished and proceeds to chase Cena until Royal Rumble. At this point, to counteract HHH, aligns himself with someone like a returning Mick Foley, and takes the belt off of Cena at Rumble.

Cena goes onto the build for his Rock WM match without the belt, which is completely necessary. Cena can't have the belt going into that match because we know Rock isn't full-time, thus can't realistically win the title, and you damn sure can't make a WM match non-title.

That leaves Punk with the title going into Mania where he would face HHH to complete the Austin/McMahon style storyline. Hopefully Huntor would put Punk over, forever solidifying Punk into the stratosphere where he belongs.

Now I know WWE won't do anything like that, but as a fan, that's what would interest me.

Would love to see something like this. Except they're gunna throw ADR in there somewhere pretty soon and ruin the whole thing for some time... I do think that their long-term plan (maybe WM, maybe not) is to have Punk vs. Mr. H's.

I thought the two important teases last night were Cena punching HHH and Punk pinning Del Rio clean. That makes me think that the two matches coming out of summerfest are going to be HHH/Cena and Del Rio/Punk after HHH and Cena get into it during the match, HHH gives Punk the win somehow and Del Rio cashes in.

'course, because that's what they teased, it's probably not what's going to happen.

I think HHH being part of the match hurts it in a major way. He's taking the focus off of Cena and Punk, and turning the whole thing into who he's going to screw. Which is ironic when the whole thing is storyline supposed to be about creating an undisputed champion.

I really hope Del Rio is the first guy to lose the cash in. Either that or have him wait until after WM next year. I feel like if they give him the title now, he'll have about as memorable a run as Swagger had a few years ago (minus the Swagger Soar Eagle), and probably end up much like Swagger in that he's a good/great worker who we hardly remember ever had a title reign. Since ADR lost to Edge at WM, they've done hardly anything with him to build up his character or put him in a meaningful feud. I thought they were about to have him feud with Kofi, but they had no interaction last night...

And I tend to agree about the HHH thing. Punk & Cena tried to make the match about them with the promo last night, then they had HHH get involved physically and put himself back in the spotlight. I'm starting to hope that HHH has his on-air time significantly reduced after the PPV. Not that he isn't entertaining, but he shouldn't be overshadowing the wrestlers the way he has been IMO.

58kcfan89
08-09-2011, 12:37 PM
1:38 Austin on Punk. Screw Punk-HHH, I want Punk-Austin!

<object classId="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="480" height="418" id="VideoPlayerLg54600"><param name="movie" value="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/54600" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/54600" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="480" height="382" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" /></object><div style="margin:0;text-align:center;width:480px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;color:#FF9B00;"><a href="http://www.g4tv.com/games/reviews/" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">Game Reviews</a> - <a href="http://www.g4tv.com/e3-2012/" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">E3 2012</a> - <a href="http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/moviesandtv/index.html" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">Movies and TV</a></div>

keg in kc
08-09-2011, 12:53 PM
I really hope Del Rio is the first guy to lose the cash in. Either that or have him wait until after WM next year. I feel like if they give him the title now, he'll have about as memorable a run as Swagger had a few years ago (minus the Swagger Soar Eagle), and probably end up much like Swagger in that he's a good/great worker who we hardly remember ever had a title reign. Since ADR lost to Edge at WM, they've done hardly anything with him to build up his character or put him in a meaningful feud. I thought they were about to have him feud with Kofi, but they had no interaction last night...I still think Daniel Bryan gets the dubious honor of being the first loser, assuming they allow him to even keep the briefcase and don't give it to Barrett.

Either way, I don't think it's as much about how they build a guy before the cash in that matters. It's what happens after. If they book a guy like a joke with the belt (Mysterio/Swagger/Miz) people won't buy him as champion.

58kcfan89
08-09-2011, 02:24 PM
I still think Daniel Bryan gets the dubious honor of being the first loser, assuming they allow him to even keep the briefcase and don't give it to Barrett.

Either way, I don't think it's as much about how they build a guy before the cash in that matters. It's what happens after. If they book a guy like a joke with the belt (Mysterio/Swagger/Miz) people won't buy him as champion.

Fair point, but if he's not getting a reaction when he gets the belt, I feel like it wouldn't matter how he's booked after that. If winning the title (especially in a surprise fashion) doesn't get a big reaction, I doubt ADR could do much after that to get a reaction...

And I really hope you're wrong about D-Bry (no offense), but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him drop the case or be the first to lose. Kinda surprised they let him win it in the first place...

keg in kc
08-09-2011, 06:37 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p8iJjPSnhNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

58kcfan89
08-10-2011, 12:14 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p8iJjPSnhNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1: Miz destroyed that kid.

2: Loved the random JoMo run-in. If he'd stop bringing Melina to shows and learn how to work the mic, dude could be something special IMO...

keg in kc
08-11-2011, 10:28 AM
So.

TNA is building to Flair/Sting and then Sting/Hogan.

In 2011.

4th and Long
08-11-2011, 10:37 AM
So.

In 2011.

:spock:

BigCatDaddy
08-11-2011, 11:00 AM
So.

In 2011.

Perhaps Sting/Mae Young following the Hogan feud?

eazyb81
08-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Am I the only one that didn't realize Ring of Honor was acquired by a television broadcasting company?

It will be awesome to see where Cornette can take ROH with a national television audience. TNA is obviously doing a great job of killing itself, but maybe ROH could be a viable competitor to WWE on an old school ECW level.

Swanman
08-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Am I the only one that didn't realize Ring of Honor was acquired by a television broadcasting company?

It will be awesome to see where Cornette can take ROH with a national television audience. TNA is obviously doing a great job of killing itself, but maybe ROH could be a viable competitor to WWE on an old school ECW level.

I was at the show when they announced the sale. It's exciting that they will be on broadcast tv, but you have to realize that most of the stations owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group are middle-market cities and the times slots are mostly late-night/middle of the night on weekends. I am bummed that SBG doesn't own any Chicagoland affiliates so I will have to watch online. Also, I will be out of town for the first tv tapings this Saturday in Chicago, which sucks.

The tv show will almost definitely be light years better than TNA in every way. From an in-ring perspective it will also be better than WWE for the most part. Obviously the major thing lacking will be production value but given I love watching old ECW shows from 95/96, I couldn't give a shit about production values as long as the stuff in the ring is entertaining.

keg in kc
08-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Unfortunately I don't think Sinclair has a station in KC, either, but as I recall they'll be streaming the eps on their website.

eazyb81
08-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Cornette posted a pretty cool update on his website about the ROH acquisition. It's hard not to get excited about its potential after reading this, and if anyone can lead a promotion back to the way wrestling is supposed to be without making it boring and slow, it is Cornette.

http://jimcornette.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=250&Itemid=188

4th and Long
08-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Unfortunately I don't think Sinclair has a station in KC, either, but as I recall they'll be streaming the eps on their website.
Who owns KCTV 5?

Reaper16
08-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Sinclair has a Birmingham station, so I'm stoooooooked.

keg in kc
08-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Who owns KCTV 5?I think it was Meridith when my ex was there. Don't think that's changed.

I think this is the sinclair map: http://www.sbgi.net/business/television.shtml

keg in kc
08-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Today's rumor is that Mistico is gone, and Hunico is taking over the Sin Cara character permanently. Hunico did the SD taping Tuesday, and there was talk about several potential directions to go, including a Sin Cara versus Sin Cara feud, but Mystico looks to be headed back to CMLL, although it was not announced today.

4th and Long
08-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Who owns KCTV 5?
It's the Meredith Corporation. Nevermind.

4th and Long
08-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Today's rumor is that Mistico is gone, and Hunico is taking over the Sin Cara character permanently. Hunico did the SD taping Tuesday, and there was talk about several potential directions to go, including a Sin Cara versus Sin Cara feud, but Mystico looks to be headed back to CMLL, although it was not announced today.
Was Sin Cara doping or what?

keg in kc
08-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Was Sin Cara doping or what?Yeah, not sure what the details were but he got a 30-day wellness violation and then bitched about it publicly.

4th and Long
08-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Yeah, not sure what the details were but he got a 30-day wellness violation and then bitched about it publicly.
Got a link to the bitching so I can read it?

keg in kc
08-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Pertinent details:The future of Sin Cara (Luis Ignacio Urive Alvride, 28) is in question after he failed what is believed to be a test for anabolic steroids conducted in early June.

Normally a first test failure leads to a 30 day suspension. At press time, the company has given two stories, funny enough, both being on its web site right next to each other on the day after Money in the Bank. The first was that he was suspended 30 days for a Wellness policy violation. The second was that he would be out of action about four weeks due to a worked fractured rib suffered in a spot where Sheamus power bombed him onto a ladder that bridged the announcers table and the apron.

However, a number of people in the company were under the impression that they had decided to cut bait on him. That was the word going around after the PPV, as well the next day after the suspension was announced. Officially, the company made no comment regarding whether he would be back when people were asked. The writing team was not told until a day or two before the PPV about writing Sin Cara out, and were told not to put any thought into any scenarios for him going forward. It was not outright said he was fired, but dropping all thoughts of ideas for him when the company is supposed to be doing long-term thinking was ominous wording. The belief was that it sounded like he was gone, but that the final decision may not have been made.

But that would be a big surprise, and not only because he was publicly brought in with such fanfare and tied to being HHH’s first public project in his initiative to create new stars. He came in and the negatives were all things people should have realized going in. There were complaints about him “acting like he was a star” backstage, when in fact, he was a star at the same level as John Cena since 2006, just in another world. But in WWE, if you aren’t a star in WWE, then you aren’t supposed to act like a star. Then, when you don’t act like a star, they say you don’t project being a star. He had the tag of “walking around like his shit don’t stink” or the idea he walks around “clueless,” which may simply be a language barrier issue. Plus there was the issue of not knowing English, and wrestling a different style, so getting the “he can’t work” tag in some corners. There was the tag of high maintenance, because they had assigned a Spanish speaking referee to be with him on the road, and they had gone to him and asked him for his favorite opponent (Averno) to bring in so he could have the best matches possible.

But if anything, he has been far more of a positive than he had any right to be. He was over huge at most house shows, and over like a superstar in some markets. In some circles, that’s good, but in others, it’s not, because of the idea that it showed he was over, particularly with the “Mistico” chants, based on what he did elsewhere, and that’s not supposed to count. Aside from a match with Chavo Guerrero on PPV, which had some botched spots, most of his matches have been fine and some have been very good.

His merchandise was moving surprisingly well, even with limited television time, and he had already broken through to the younger children market. While there were exceptions, for the most part, his matches were getting over to the live crowd. Of course when it comes to American style work he wasn’t smooth, but if you really look at things with open eyes, if you took virtually any current WWE headliner with one or two exceptions (Rey Mysterio and Alberto Del Rio), sent them to CMLL or AAA and told them they had to work the Lucha Libre style, virtually all of them would get lost. In fact, most Americans going to Mexico work the American style unless they are guys who come to Mexico without big American names and don’t have the luxury of being over based on U.S. stardom. But nobody looks at things that way.

But it’s also obvious that just the thought of not bringing him back after one positive drug test, when a significant number of wrestlers on the current roster have a strike against them, would mean there are issues that are significant in some fashion, whether they are related to behavior or the drug test failure. Plus, the perception was that the company really wanted him to succeed. They want someone who can fill the void when Rey Mysterio steps down as the Latin masked man who appeals to kids and sells merchandise and is over big in certain markets. Plus, his name was linked publicly to HHH, and they want HHH to be associated with winning concepts.

As far as the timing of the test failure, as the results of the failed test actually came in about a month ago, and his continuing to appear on television, at house shows, and still getting pushed, creative was not aware of the failure and no change was made to his status. When it comes to test failures, in some instances (and I don’t know that this is the case here, but it was for Rey Mysterio when he got suspended), sometimes it requires examining whether the talent has a valid medical reason, consulting with their doctor, particularly if there is a doctors’ prescription involved. Once the company doctors have made a ruling that the talent has no legitimate reason to be using the drug, then they will inform the company. At that point, the policy is to either suspend them right away, or bring them to television to take a title off them or do an injury storyline, and then suspend them publicly the day after the storyline is executed. The timing would indicate that being the case here, although nobody has actually confirmed it applies to this case. Still no official update on Sin Cara. They are still pushing his merchandise and on this past week’s Smackdown show, his name was mentioned as being injured and out for a month as opposed to ignored as if the decision was finalized that he would be let go, his name might be mentioned but they wouldn’t say he’d be back in a month. Then again, that’s trying to base what they say on logic, and with things changing so frequently, that’s possibly giving more credence than is due. His name is listed on advertising for future events, but those ads would have been cut before anyone in that department would have known he was suspended. They’ve got the Mexico tour in October and he’s been pushed hard for that. Smackdown was taped after they knew he was suspended but before they knew he did the interview with Record in Mexico, which the company was very upset about it. He’s always had a good relationship with that newspaper, as he voiced gripes with CMLL when he worked there to that paper before as he was a big enough start to get away with it (he kind of did the shoot version of the work that Punk was doing). And there’s a very good chance he doesn’t know the peculiarities about WWE and the media. He claimed in the newspaper that nobody in the company told him he was suspended and had just found out after the story broke by WWE on its web site. That’s hard to believe, actually almost impossible to believe, because of the long delay between getting the results of the positive test and his suspension (about a month). He said he didn’t know why he was suspended, that he doesn’t use drugs and thought the suspension was from steroids that he claimed must have come from an injection in his knee for knee inflammation. WWE protocol in these cases is always to tell the talent personally what the issue is before putting it on the site, so no way that’s true either. He said they also haven’t told him when he’ll be back, but he thought it couldn’t be serious because it if was, they would have told him.

4th and Long
08-11-2011, 02:37 PM
WWE makes me scratch my head way too much.

Swanman
08-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Cornette posted a pretty cool update on his website about the ROH acquisition. It's hard not to get excited about its potential after reading this, and if anyone can lead a promotion back to the way wrestling is supposed to be without making it boring and slow, it is Cornette.

http://jimcornette.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=250&Itemid=188

They have some great title matchups set up for the first few weeks of the tv show:

WGTT vs Kings of Wrestling - Tag title
El Generico vs Jay Lethal - TV Title
Davey Richards vs Roderick Strong - World Title

Plus, Jimmy Jacobs is returning to the ROH ring for the first time in two years, and there will most likely be an appearance by Evil Kevin Steen, which is always good.

keg in kc
08-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Summerfest tomorrow and I find myself not giving a ****, strangely. Putting HHH into that match really has been a turn-off. :(

The entire card:

Punk/Cena Title Unification (aka 'who does HHH choose?')
Christian/Orton rematch #306 (or 'how you go from never thinking Christian would be in a main event match to being tired of seeing Christian in a main event match')
D. Bryan/Wade Barrett
Sheamus/Mark Henry
Kelly Kelly/Beth Phoenix (Beth better win in about 5 seconds)

Reaper16
08-13-2011, 10:24 PM
So, NBC broadcast WrestleMania 27 tonight. They changed some of the licensed music. Most importantly, they dubbed in Katy Perry's "E.T." over Undertaker's entrance. Yes. They did.

I did not see this, so I need the video. I have never wanted anything more in my entire life than to see this video.

keg in kc
08-13-2011, 10:36 PM
ROH taping spoiler:http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1346/unled5385.jpg

Reaper16
08-13-2011, 10:57 PM
So, NBC broadcast WrestleMania 27 tonight. They changed some of the licensed music. Most importantly, they dubbed in Katy Perry's "E.T." over Undertaker's entrance. Yes. They did.

I did not see this, so I need the video. I have never wanted anything more in my entire life than to see this video.
FOUND IT:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VoVAIzFK3Rs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WHAT THE WHAT

keg in kc
08-13-2011, 11:00 PM
OMFG, that's hilarious.

Reaper16
08-13-2011, 11:10 PM
In honor of NBC's bizarre music choice, I now present to you the greatest entrance of all time. Ever. http://tubedubber.com/#TE-H5MyBdYo:bh63nfmb3p0:0:100:0:0:true

BryanBusby
08-13-2011, 11:54 PM
FOUND IT:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VoVAIzFK3Rs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WHAT THE WHAT

hahaha what in the holy fuck is this

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 01:52 AM
Wow. Was that when he used a Johnny Cash song and they couldn't use the music on NBC? That's awful, and I'm not even really a fan of Taker...

As for Summerfest, the only match I remotely care about is Punk/Cena, and as was mentioned earlier, the HHH thing really kinda kills it. Would love to see HHH "pick" Cena to win, but Punk overcome the odds and turn into SuperPunk. Not lose a match for about 4 or 5 years, throw in about 14 title runs, too. Would be awesome.

Al Bundy
08-14-2011, 08:47 AM
FOUND IT:

WHAT THE WHAT

What the fuck?

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 06:01 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dTQleaG8Ikc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 06:08 PM
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/78716/1/watch-wwe-summerslam.html

Been working for me, good luck...

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Please accept my apology, Mr. President of Talent Relations, I'm so sorry!/punksarcasm

"I would, but I know where that hand's been."

Hilarious.

Superturtle
08-14-2011, 06:48 PM
OMG, is that Viscera onstage?

Superturtle
08-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Wow, no reaction for him. Sad thing is that wasnt a bad performance.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Except for Punk, that first hour was a total waste. Start with 10 minutes of talking, featuring shrill-as-ever Michael Cole, 6 guys I couldn't care less about in a match where Mysterio was obviously going over, then bring out the slow boring match and deliver big with a count-out finish and now it's the girls.

'course on the flip side they're getting the bullshit out of the way.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 06:58 PM
You know, Kelly Kelly is hot as hell in that plastic surgery way, but there's no fucking way she should last 3 seconds in a match with Beth Pheonix. This is ridiculous.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 07:01 PM
This 3-minute match has gone on 2 minutes and 55 seconds too long, and Kelly's going to somehow win in the end.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Jesus Christ, that was one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Superturtle
08-14-2011, 07:04 PM
http://images.wikia.com/randomstuffstuff/images/3/32/Facepalm.jpg

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Well, this should be interesting, the way things have gone for the first hour. Let's listen to cole bury Danielson and then have Barrett pin him. That sounds like a good idea.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 07:12 PM
They're trying hard to toughen up Bryan's look (noticed this on SD too). No more smiling, new haircut/beard. Good move I think.

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Michael Cole, do shut the fuck up, please. Where the fuck is JR?

Superturtle
08-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Pretty good match so far.

Superturtle
08-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Michael Cole, do shut the fuck up, please. Where the fuck is JR?
Cole AND Booker need to go. Just need Lawler and JR.

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Cole AND Booker need to go. Just need Lawler and JR.

I can't stand Lawler anymore, would love to hear JR & Booker.

Awesome D-Bry v. Barrett match, but this crowd is fucking horrible.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Of course.

This is how they see Bryan: he can beat a guy up for 10 minutes but he's small so all it takes is one move and he's done.

They'll have that briefcase off of him by November.

Al Bundy
08-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Feeds are choppy as fuck.

Al Bundy
08-14-2011, 07:24 PM
but this crowd is ****ing horrible.

Very LA Sports crowd sounding.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 07:25 PM
I've go no interest in this match. They've worn this feud out.

Although I'm wondering if we'll see some kind of run in from Edge.

Superturtle
08-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Feeds are choppy as fuck.
Sent you a pm.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 07:28 PM
I don't know why it took me 90 minutes to realize it, but it's fucking stupid not to have JR calling this PPV.

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 07:31 PM
I frickin' love you Edge.

But isn't Christian a heel? And Edge got a huge pop... Not...sure...if...serious...

Superturtle
08-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Wow that looked nothing like Edge to me.

Short Leash Hootie
08-14-2011, 07:33 PM
anyone got a good feed? I'd love to watch.

Superturtle
08-14-2011, 07:36 PM

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 07:37 PM

I haven't had any problems with this one...

And Edge looks smaller to me. Good to hear from him, even if it was one promo. I haven't cared about Smackdown since he retired.

And Orton's gunna go over in about 14 seconds here...

EDIT: Damn you, Superturtle... :)

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 07:37 PM
I frickin' love you Edge.

But isn't Christian a heel? And Edge got a huge pop... Not...sure...if...serious...They did it right.

I thought there two options:

Edge comes out as Christian's corner guy, screws him giving orton the title.

Edge comes out, "turns" on Christian before the match, runs in later and screws orton.

Of course, I guess there is a third option, that this is finally Christian's burial.

Superturtle
08-14-2011, 07:40 PM

I haven't had any problems with this one...

And Edge looks smaller to me. Good to hear from him, even if it was one promo. I haven't cared about Smackdown since he retired.

And Orton's gunna go over in about 14 seconds here...

EDIT: Damn you, Superturtle... :)
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llw7sv96dE1qclv9l.jpg

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 07:45 PM
rofl, that Christian dueling chant was like Cena in reverse. Dudes yelling "let's go christian" and chicks and kids screaming "christian sucks." LMAO

Superturtle
08-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Jeez, that was pretty violent with the Kendo stick. Right into his throat.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Christian's on tonight. That corner with Orton was great, and that was about the closest near fall I remember on a WWE ppv.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Orton may have the most retarded clothelines in main event wrestling history.

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Does Mitchell Cole realize that a "punt" needs to be a dropkick and that what Orton does is a kickoff? Moron.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 07:50 PM
What kind of audience yells "we want tables" after a table has been put in the ring?

Embarrassing.

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Am I the only one who hates Christian using the spear? Just doesn't seem right...

Good match, BTW.

And yeah, this crowd sucks.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Damn good match so far.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 07:56 PM
They've been fantastic on these near falls.

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 07:58 PM
2 chairs... How much do we wanna bet there's an Edge run-in?...

Good match, BTW.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 07:58 PM
So who's going through the table in the ring?

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Damn, though it would be Orton.

keg in kc
I want to see a concerto with garbage cans.

58kcfan89
Christian's gone through 3 tables in 1 match. Is that a record?

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:01 PM
They're not hiding the blood, for once.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:02 PM
That was pretty awesome.

And now Christian gets buried under the earth.

Too bad Danielson's waiting for mania, rofl.

Actually, no it's not. The way they book, he'd come out after all that and get RKO'd in 3 seconds while the entire roster points and laughs on the ramp.

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Crazy entertaining match, but dammit I don't like Orton.

Anyone else see the DT jersey when Orton was celebrating?

Short Leash Hootie
08-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Crazy entertaining match, but dammit I don't like Orton.

Anyone else see the DT jersey when Orton was celebrating?

yeah that was sweet

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I liked Orton before he turned halfass "face".

I'm sick of him now. He's Smackdown's Cena.

Short Leash Hootie
08-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Orton is terrible...

During Wrestlemania my roommate and I literally fell asleep during his match with Punk...of course I'm a very casual fan so what do I know.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:06 PM
So who feuds with Orton now? Henry?

I almost feel bad for Cena and Punk having to follow that, especially with Hun-tor playing 3rd wheel.

Al Bundy
08-14-2011, 08:07 PM
I liked the finish of that match.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Orton is terrible...

During Wrestlemania my roommate and I literally fell asleep during his match with Punk...of course I'm a very casual fan so what do I know.I'd say that was the 2nd best match on the show. Which wasn't saying a lot this year. Distant second to HHH/Taker, but a good match.

'course it should've been longer and the wrong guy won.

But here's Punk main eventing anyway much to probably everyone's surprise.

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 08:09 PM
So who feuds with Orton now? Henry?

I almost feel bad for Cena and Punk having to follow that, especially with Hun-tor playing 3rd wheel.

Yeah, they'll feed Henry to him for the next couple months before feeding Barrett to him.

And I love this NFL Films style promo. Then again, I'm a bit biased...

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I thought this promo was awesome the first time I saw it (Monday?). Makes a month-long rushed feud look like something that was given a lot of time and is completely epic.

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Well considering all the crap feuds, matches & gimmicks we've sat through in the last 10 years or so, it's pretty damn epic, despite being rushed.

LET'S GO PUNK!

Mr_Tomahawk
08-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Let's go Punk...

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Somebody on another board just came up with a cool idea. Orton feuds for a bit with Henry, then Barrett (build him hard the rest of the year), finally have Barrett go over at the Royal Rumble setting up the Bryan/Barrett rematch at mania with Bryan going over.

I don't think there's a chance in hell they'd do that. Barrett's their future champion and Bryan's at best their new Benoit (make other people look good, occasionally get a belt).

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:16 PM
ROFL, sounds like Chicago again.

Which is awesome...

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Can't really tell cause the sound on my computer sucks, but it sounds like a mixed reaction for Punk & boos for Cena.... Confirm/deny?

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Unfortunately, I got a bad feeling about this.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Can't really tell cause the sound on my computer sucks, but it sounds like a mixed reaction for Punk & boos for Cena.... Confirm/deny?Mixed leaning towards cheers for Punk and outright booing for Cena,not even mixed.

When Punk came out my first thought was, after the reactions so far tonight, "this crowd loves Punk."

And they hate Cena.

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Lawler: "Whether you like John Cena or not, EVERYBODY respects him!"

That's what the entire promo on Monday was about, Jerry. Just stop.

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Unfortunately, I got a bad feeling about this.

I've got a horrible feeling about it. But it's time to mark out like a bitch.

LET'S GO PUNK!!!

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:20 PM
God, they're booing the shit out of Cena. I did not expect this.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:24 PM
You know what would be totally off the wall (and the crowd wouldn't get it at all but I'd mark the shit out)? Kings of Wrestling run in and take out Hunter after he jumps Punk during the match.

Nobody on earth would expect that after working the ROH tapings last night.

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 08:26 PM
You know what would be totally off the wall (and the crowd wouldn't get it at all but I'd mark the shit out)? Kings of Wrestling run in and take out Hunter after he jumps Punk during the match.

Nobody on earth would expect that after working the ROH tapings last night.

I'd mark, too.

And if WWE's smart, they'll keep milking this feud as long as possible. This crowd has been dead all night (granted, the WHC match helped), but hasn't stopped making noise since Punk's entrance from what I can tell.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:30 PM
I'd mark, too.

And if WWE's smart, they'll keep milking this feud as long as possible. This crowd has been dead all night (granted, the WHC match helped), but hasn't stopped making noise since Punk's entrance from what I can tell.Yeah, they're awake now.

What that tells me is it wasn't the crowd that's bad, it's the card.

I mean, I didn't give a shit about any of the other matches, either....

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:31 PM
lol fruity pebbles cheer.

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Yeah, they're awake now.

What that tells me is it wasn't the crowd that's bad, it's the card.

I mean, I didn't give a shit about any of the other matches, either....

No doubt, the first hour was shit.

God, I want Punk to win this....

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Playing off each other's moves like this is pretty cool.