PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Well, if it wasn't 9:30 I'd think this was a false finish.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Chaining through these submissions is nice. Not something you see often.

HHH so far impartial.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Part of what's making this so great so far is that Cole, Lawler and Booker are just calling the action.

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 08:40 PM
C'MON, PUNK!!!!

Hootie
08-14-2011, 08:42 PM
HHH slow counted him like crazy!!!

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 08:45 PM
PUNK WINS! PUNK WINS! PUNK WINS! PUNK WINS!

DON'T CARE WHERE HIS FOOT WAS, PUNK WINS!

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:45 PM
That makes sense, actually. HHH isn't a ref, HHH screws up.

Now, does Alberta cash in and win the disputed undisputed title?

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:48 PM
WTF Nash?

Setting up Del Rio?

BryanBusby
Kevin Nash?

Must be time for Del Rio

58kcfan89
Kevin. Nash.

What. The. Fuck?

58kcfan89
NO
NO
NO
NO
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Now have Danielson cash in on Alberto rofl.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Well, that's how I expected the show to end, even if it's not the way I expected it to happen.

Hootie
08-14-2011, 08:51 PM
what was the Kevin Nash story line all about?

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Okay, to beat a long dead horse and change what I said five minutes ago: I really hate that they refuse to ever let Cena lose clean. Punk's already giving up the title to Del Rio. Why in the world do they have to do the cheap finish, which the crowd did not like, it sounded like it cooled them on Punk.

It makes sense logically, but booking wise but it's just more Super Cena. It was like their number one goal of the night was to protect him, yet again.

Punk/Nash, if that's a feud, would suck ass. Nash can't work anymore. I hope he's just a hired thug.

Punk with a clean win tonight would have had another huge moment, which would have made Del Rio an even bigger heel in turn.

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Goddammit shit fuck dammit fuck!

Seriously, there wasn't a bit of reaction when ADR won the damn thing. Let Rey beat him on Raw tomorrow, then have Punk win it back at NoC in a triple threat with Rey/Cena/Punk.

Fuck you, Del Rio.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Goddammit shit **** dammit ****!

Seriously, there wasn't a bit of reaction when ADR won the damn thing. Let Rey beat him on Raw tomorrow, then have Punk win it back at NoC in a triple threat with Rey/Cena/Punk.

**** you, Del Rio.

I don't think you can discard the inevitable Punk/Nash feud now...unfortunately.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 08:57 PM
I don't think you can discard the inevitable Punk/Nash feud now...unfortunately.I bet they're going 3-way.

Nash will be Del Rio's bodyguard - he knew he couldn't beat Punk so he hired Nash.

Punk gets his rematch.

Cena gets to bitch about his foot being on the rope.

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 09:00 PM
I don't think you can discard the inevitable Punk/Nash feud now...unfortunately.

I bet they're going 3-way.

Nash will be Del Rio's bodyguard - he knew he couldn't beat Punk so he hired Nash.

Punk gets his rematch.

Cena gets to bitch about his foot being on the rope.

ADR (w/ Nash) vs. Punk vs. Cena (and probably Rey after he loses tomorrow) at NoC is my bet. Would like to see Del Rio lose after Punk pins Cena clean, then Del Rio gets fired for not getting a reaction, despite winning the Royal Rumble, MITB and the WWE Title in the same damn year, but I doubt it.

After Night of Champions:
http://content8.flixster.com/photo/10/26/37/10263750_gal.jpg

Fuck this. I'm pissed now.

Al Bundy
08-14-2011, 09:00 PM
I thought Kevin Nash was old, grey and long retired.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-14-2011, 09:02 PM
After the missed foot and before Nash came out....a very small part of me was toying with the idea that maybe HHH was pulling a Vince/Bret '97 SS by screwing Cena.... I was having fun with that idea. :)

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 09:03 PM
I thought Kevin Nash was old, grey and long retired.He dyed his hair when he came back for the Rumble. He is retired (I hope).

rofl, on Nash's wikipedia page (had to check when he returned, couldn't remember...): On August 14, 2011 Nash returned at Summerslam, and raped CM Punk with chains and other sharp objects after Punk had defeated John Cena for the Underpants WWE title. Alberto Dorito then took advantage of this by cashing in his money in the bank, becoming the new Underpants WWE Champion

Alberto Dorito!

58kcfan89
08-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Alright, think I've calmed down a bit after that (it's still real to me dammit when it involves a guy I mark out for)....

3 things:
1: The last hour & a half or so of that show was great (with the exception of the last 2 minutes or so) IMO, starting with Bryan vs. Barrett. Don't like a lot of the booking, but the matches were good.

2: I said before that WWE needs to milk this Cena/Punk thing, and hopefully they'll get ADR out of the title picture soon to get back to Punk vs. Cena. The crowd was going nuts for most of the Punk-Cena match and I didn't hear a thing after ADR won. You give Punk, who's the hottest thing in wrestling, a 1-month title reign. No need to let ADR hold the title longer than that. Could be an entertaining month with the possible HHH-Nash clique connection, Punk vs. the establishment, ADR as champ, SuperCena, and of course Stephanie. But they need to get the title back on either Punk or Cena so they can keep feuding, because the crowd clearly loves it.

3: What in the hell are they going to do with Cena? If he's getting booed that badly in LA against Punk, imagine what Miami will do to him against The Rock....

Mr_Tomahawk
08-14-2011, 09:32 PM
3: What in the hell are they going to do with Cena? If he's getting booed that badly in LA against Punk, imagine what Miami will do to him against The Rock....

You only like Cena if ya got a string between your legs or if your balls haven't dropped.

The guy is is just an untalented unproportional bodybuilder looking for work. No text-book style technician work going on their.

I hate him.

Reaper16
08-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Well, nobody on Earth predicted a Kevin Nash run-in. I'll give them that much.

My only issue is that they need to be building Punk's babyface bona fides, not making them ambiguous. The crowd was less-than-enthused about Punk parading around after a dirty win. The aftermath and explanations on Raw tomorrow should (I hope) firmly place Punk as a face that got screwed, but maybe WWE fucks this up.

Like keg said, SuperCena was protected by this finish. Which makes no real sense.

keg in kc
08-14-2011, 11:14 PM
My only issue is that they need to be building Punk's babyface bona fides, not making them ambiguous. The crowd was less-than-enthused about Punk parading around after a dirty win. The aftermath and explanations on Raw tomorrow should (I hope) firmly place Punk as a face that got screwed, but maybe WWE ****s this upThat was what I was talking about when I mentioned the crowd cooling.

I think all they have to do to salvage that is have Punk say he didn't see it either, and he thought he'd won clean. He can even take some shots at HHH for screwing up.

keg in kc
08-15-2011, 06:12 PM
I'll give them this much: I'm actually excited for Raw tonight, which is, what, the 5th week in a row? That's something, since I was about ready to quit watching altogether before Punk's first promo.

I may not like everything they've done, and I think it's as much accident as intentional, but this has made for some of the most interesting television they've had for years. Which is kind of hard to believe with just how awful the roster is at this point in time. I mean, I'm looking forward to a raw that will prominently feature lame acts like R-Truth and Morrison and Mysterio and Dolph Ziggler and Alex Riley.

keg in kc
08-15-2011, 07:04 PM
They should create a "Corporate" titan tron for HHH. Showing him in suits, etc. Would sell the angle better than having him coming out to the old music with all the match shots and flexing on the tron.

58kcfan89
08-15-2011, 07:21 PM
I'll give them this much: I'm actually excited for Raw tonight, which is, what, the 5th week in a row? That's something, since I was about ready to quit watching altogether before Punk's first promo.

I may not like everything they've done, and I think it's as much accident as intentional, but this has made for some of the most interesting television they've had for years. Which is kind of hard to believe with just how awful the roster is at this point in time. I mean, I'm looking forward to a raw that will prominently feature lame acts like R-Truth and Morrison and Mysterio and Dolph Ziggler and Alex Riley.

Truth is hilarious and I think Ziggler can be a pretty good worker if he continues to improve, and the only thing to hate about Rey IMO is the way he's booked (which is horrible). Agreed on Morrison & Riley, though.

And yeah, the roster sucks, but that's part of their challenge right now: to get you to care about some of the guys outside of CM Punk & John Cena.

LMAO @ Morrison pandering to Little Jimmy in his pre-recorded promo

They should create a "Corporate" titan tron for HHH. Showing him in suits, etc. Would sell the angle better than having him coming out to the old music with all the match shots and flexing on the tron.

Agreed, although it wouldn't surprise me to see him wrestle a couple times before the end of the year.

20 minutes in & no CM Punk... NEED MY FIX :cuss:

Reaper16
08-15-2011, 07:21 PM
R-Truth has theme music again. WWE just ruined the best joke in the company.

58kcfan89
08-15-2011, 07:27 PM
R-Truth has theme music again. WWE just ruined the best joke in the company.

Yeah I'm not happy about that.

The Smackdown tapings are going to be in Wichita on Aug. 30th and I have no interest in going. Don't think I've watched an entire episode of it since Edge retired...

58kcfan89
08-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Whoa, Morrison won a match?

I don't hate the guy like so many, b-OMG, CM PUNK!!!!

Anyway, I don't hate Morrison, but the dude needs to not cut any promos & just wrestle. And his theme music absolutely sucks.

Highlights of Rey winning the WHC at Wrestlemania 22. Love that show, hated the world title matches.

Miz, finally someone (other than Punk) I give a shit about.

Jared from Subway? Too bad this isn't Chicago or Philly. I hate these semi-celebrities they bring in every month or so.

And I'd kill to see Miz in a Subway commercial.

Reaper16
08-15-2011, 07:52 PM
The product placement is getting out of hand.

58kcfan89
08-15-2011, 07:55 PM
The product placement is getting out of hand.

http://twitter.com/#!/mikethemiz/status/103281355995095041

@mikethemiz The Miz
here's something Jared never could do.....Mizfits trend this worldwide. #OvenCrispChickenSandwich

:facepalm:

@mikethemiz The Miz
I refuse to live in a world where #replacemovienameswithbacon is trending, but #OvenCrispChickenSandwich isn't. Fix it, Mizfits. #Raw

:facepalm::facepalm:

58kcfan89
08-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Good Lord, Punk OWNED Nash.

keg in kc
08-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Punk just talked circles around Nash. Nash almost killed the whole thing.

Looks like we're on our way to Punk/HHH. Thought they'd hold off longer on that.

Although I never get when guys just shrug off the title. Punk may not have a problem with what Del Rio did, but he still should want the title back.

(Except of course this is WWE 2011 and titles mean jack)

Reaper16
08-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Punk masterfully trapped Nash into using the same rhetoric that made WCW and TNA such shitholes. What a fucking MASTER.

keg in kc
08-15-2011, 08:15 PM
And they follow that with Alex "vanilla" Riley and and more vicki guerrero/dolph garbage.

The worst part of this is, the guy that they should be pushing out of all these jokes is about to lose.

58kcfan89
08-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Punk masterfully trapped Nash into using the same rhetoric that made WCW and TNA such shitholes. What a fucking MASTER.

I don't follow. Don't remember many specifics of WCW (except random memories of nWo, Sting, Goldberg, Jericho, etc.) and hardly ever watch TNA. Care to clarify?

Punk just talked circles around Nash. Nash almost killed the whole thing.

Looks like we're on our way to Punk/HHH. Thought they'd hold off longer on that.

Although I never get when guys just shrug off the title. Punk may not have a problem with what Del Rio did, but he still should want the title back.

(Except of course this is WWE 2011 and titles mean jack)

I don't like it either, but can't really see them blowing Punk v. Mr. H's on a crap PPV like Night of Champions or Vengeance. Night of Champions usually has some ridiculous title match, I can still see them making it a fatal 4 between ADR, Rey, Cena & Punk... Least I hope so. Punk v. HHH needs to happen at Mania.

keg in kc
08-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Jesus, that was one ugly gut-wrench powerbomb.

Al Bundy
08-15-2011, 08:22 PM

That was awful.

BryanBusby
08-15-2011, 08:23 PM

Alex Riley sandbagged the shit out of him there. That entire thing was god awful and actually gave Michael Cole a right to shit on it.

Was hard to type the last part of the 2nd sentence.

58kcfan89
08-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Alex Riley sandbagged the shit out of him there. That entire thing was god awful and actually gave Michael Cole a right to shit on it.

Was hard to type the last part of the 2nd sentence.

LMAO all of this.

Reaper16
08-15-2011, 08:28 PM
I don't follow. Don't remember many specifics of WCW (except random memories of nWo, Sting, Goldberg, Jericho, etc.) and hardly ever watch TNA. Care to clarify?

In short: screwing over young talent in favor of stale, entitled veterans. The internets are awash with stories of how guys like Nash are backstage.

keg in kc
08-15-2011, 08:29 PM

Was hard to type the last part of the 2nd sentence.Yeah, I was trying to see on the replay if he'd maybe knocked him silly but I couldn't tell. He definitely didn't help him at all.

Alex Riley sucks in Raw shocker.

58kcfan89
08-15-2011, 08:35 PM
In short: screwing over young talent in favor of stale, entitled veterans. The internets are awash with stories of how guys like Nash are backstage.

Ah, like the fact that TNA's roster includes guys like AJ Styles & Samoa Joe who at one point could have been superstars to carry the company, but instead are giving Sting & Hogan all the air time?

And this whole Stephanie-Punk thing is kinda creeping me out.... Sexual tension or some shit going on there.

keg in kc
08-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Nexus is no more, thank god.

Hmm. Half hour to go and no Cena yet.

BryanBusby
08-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Fantastic, lets bury the tag team champions!

They may as well scroll a message on the bottom of the screen when it comes time for tag team action

"We don't give a fuck about tag teams LOL. Eat at Subway plz"

keg in kc
08-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Fantastic, lets bury the tag team champions!

They may as well scroll a message on the bottom of the screen when it comes time for tag team action

"We don't give a **** about tag teams LOL. Eat at Subway plz"I got no problem with burying those two. They suck. If you want to rebuild the division, Kofi/Bourne could be an interesting place to start. not that I think they want to rebuild the division.

So the match is next and still no Cena.

58kcfan89
08-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Nexus is no more, thank god.

Hmm. Half hour to go and no Cena yet.

Heel turn! Comes out & screws Rey in his hometown, revealing himself as a part of the HHH/Lauranitis/Nash corporation.

I can dream, can't I?

And I don't think I've ever cared less about anyone than I do these guys that used to be in Nexus, except for Barrett. Justin Gabriel, OtungaCutty & that freak ginger Slater... All are total shit.

BryanBusby
08-15-2011, 08:44 PM
If they actually did that, great. But they won't.

The most exciting part about Raw tonight so far has been the promo for new season of Pysch.

Al Bundy
08-15-2011, 08:46 PM
And this whole Stephanie-Punk thing is kinda creeping me out.... Sexual tension or some shit going on there.

He probably aTm'd her and then blasted his load on her fake tits.

58kcfan89
08-15-2011, 08:48 PM
I freaking hate that belt. Doesn't fit anyone. Even looks dumb on Cena nowadays.

Punk needs to win it back & do the one thing he said he would that he hasn't yet: destroy it/get a new one.

keg in kc
08-15-2011, 08:49 PM
15 minutes left if they don't overrun past 5 after. There's something going on at the end of this. No way they're working a match 15-20 minutes long.

Jesus, Ray, yellow? Really? Yellow?

BryanBusby
08-15-2011, 08:50 PM
I have this feeling they are going to hot shot the title onto Rey, who will eventually lose to Cena....again.

58kcfan89
08-15-2011, 08:52 PM
15 minutes left if they don't overrun past 5 after. There's something going on at the end of this. No way they're working a match 15-20 minutes long.

Jesus, Ray, yellow? Really? Yellow?

Yellow with a bit of blue. Chargers alternate jersey?

I have this feeling they are going to hot shot the title onto Rey, who will eventually lose to Cena....again.

I think Cena gets involved somehow, but I think they want ADR to hold the title through their Mexico tour, at least that's been the story for awhile.

Is it just me, or are there more commercials recently? Shouldn't have to take one right after your ME/WWE Title match starts.

keg in kc
08-15-2011, 08:53 PM
I have this feeling they are going to hot shot the title onto Rey, who will eventually lose to Cena....again.Rey's hurt pretty bad, rumor is. Maybe the results on his knee weren't as bad as they expected.

BryanBusby
08-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Seems about average, but they were ridiculous during Summerslam.

Rey's hurt pretty bad, rumor is. Maybe the results on his knee weren't as bad as they expected.
I think this has been said about Rey for the longest time, or at least that's what it seems like.

keg in kc
08-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Is it just me, or are there more commercials recently? Shouldn't have to take one right after your ME/WWE Title match starts.Get a break out of the way and you have more uninterrupted time at the end.

keg in kc
08-15-2011, 08:55 PM
They're doing a lot of stalling, maybe this is going to be a 20-minute match.

58kcfan89
08-15-2011, 09:03 PM
LOL, Del Rio just trolled the shit out of the San Diego crowd. Hilarious.

BryanBusby
08-15-2011, 09:03 PM
I think Del Rio just hit more clean wins as champion than the Miz

58kcfan89
08-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Please interrupt this, Nash/HHH/Punk.

Fuck you, Cena.

keg in kc
08-15-2011, 09:07 PM
more cena. yay.

BryanBusby
08-15-2011, 09:08 PM
lol a mouse ran by Del Rio/Rodriguez right before Cena mentioned he was pissed off

keg in kc
08-15-2011, 09:09 PM
lol a mouse ran by Del Rio/Rodriguez right before Cena mentioned he was pissed offWas it wearing yellow?

Reaper16
08-15-2011, 09:10 PM
To be fair, angry Cena is far more interesting than normal Cena.

58kcfan89
08-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Great. Another Cena title match at a PPV. They really expect me to pay to watch Cena vs. Del Rio? Really?

keg in kc
08-15-2011, 09:12 PM
To be fair, angry Cena is far more interesting than normal Cena.True.

It's just kinda silly that the guy who actually got screwed out of the title isn't the angry one. He's having a debate with Kevin Nash and for the moment no longer in the title picture. LMAO

BryanBusby
08-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Was it wearing yellow?

lol

motherfucker was moving up the ramp during that angle

58kcfan89
08-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Love how Cena said "At some point, you're going to have to defend that!" when ADR just beat Rey clean. In his hometown.

I hate you, Cena. Fuck off and go be a bodybuilder.

I'd like to think this would be one of those things where Punk-HHH would be the bigger story than the title, but with a PPV like "Night of Champions" up next, I'm not holding my breath.

58kcfan89
08-15-2011, 09:30 PM
First off, that promo didn't make any damn sense, and second of all, it was shit. Praising Punk for being a legit champion, then shitting on ADR for cashing in MITB on Punk. Shouldn't he be pissed at Trips for fucking the call up or for Nash for allowing ADR to cash it in? Mr. Hustle, Loyalty & Respect getting pissed because Del Rio used the briefcase that he won fair & square in a freakin' ladder match? Really? And it's not like this hasn't happened before, I don't remember any dumbass "Cena ANGRY!" promos after Edge cashed in MITB on him back in '06...

And hell, Cena's the one who beat Rey in his 2nd match of the night to win the "WWE Title" a few weeks ago. No problems there?

I usually don't mind "Hulk Cena," but that promo was shitty, even for him.

Fuck you, Cena, you hypocrite piece of shit. You're not entertaining and I'm not paying to watch this at NoC, even if I do hate Del Rio:
http://content8.flixster.com/photo/10/26/37/10263750_gal.jpg

BryanBusby
08-15-2011, 09:32 PM
So it looks like Punk is going to have a feud with the king of burying people. Wonderful.

chiefscafan
08-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Wow just watched the recorded raw.

Way to kill an angle wwe!!! Nash was getting more pop than punk during the majority of that verbal confrontation.

You had the next stone cold and you turned him into roddy piper the 80s.

I just can't believe after the way cm punk has been wwe would turn him back into a midcarder.

Then once again we have to watch the valiant John cena in his quest to win back the WWE title. I think I'm gonna puke. I was trying to give wwe another chance but as someone stated same old crap different day!

Brock
08-16-2011, 10:24 AM
I thought he made Nash look like what he is, an old, selfish bastard who's also boring as hell.

chiefscafan
08-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Truthfully CM Punk deserves better the so called WWE universe deserves better.

keg in kc
08-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Wow just watched the recorded raw.

Way to kill an angle wwe!!! Nash was getting more pop than punk during the majority of that verbal confrontation.

You had the next stone cold and you turned him into roddy piper the 80s.

I just can't believe after the way cm punk has been wwe would turn him back into a midcarder.

Then once again we have to watch the valiant John cena in his quest to win back the WWE title. I think I'm gonna puke. I was trying to give wwe another chance but as someone stated same old crap different day!Huh, it didn't come across that way for me last night (the pop that is - the rest I agree with). I thought the crowd was iffy on Nash, and he really lost them in the middle, to the point where it was hurting punk. But Punk managed to work the crowd back into it and everybody was cheering for a fight before the security came out.

That's not to say it won't kill Punk. But he more than held his own on the mic and I thought had the audience behind him (and it was more of a kiddie/cena crowd, judging by the reaction at the end).
I thought he made Nash look like what he is, an old, selfish bastard who's also boring as hell.Yeah, that's how I saw it too.

Reaper16
08-16-2011, 11:37 AM
It makes sense. It does. All Cena has ever cared about is the title. Punk, however (both in kayfabe and in reality), re-signed with WWE in an effort to change the culture. It makes sense for his character that Punk would be going after corporate bullshit.

Reaper16
08-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Plus, you have to get Del Rio over as a credible heel. The kids will hate Del Rio all the more for being pitted against Cena.

chiefscafan
08-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah all true

But wwe is gonna lose the non kiddie fans with cena getting the championship back blah blah

I do have to admit the punk jabs with oz and Vinnie Vegas were great

keg in kc
08-16-2011, 12:15 PM
I just had two thoughts:

1. Aren't all the matches on Night of Champions supposed to be championship matches? If that's the case, does that mean Punk won't be on the PPV, since no title's involved, and the match will be pushed for Hell in a Cell? (you'd think they'll find a way to get it on, Punk's too hot not to be part of a PPV)

2. Whichever PPV it's on, is the Punk/Nash match the main event? You'd think not, since it's not something that should run more than 4 or 5 minutes, but the entire McMahon family is getting involved with this, meaning it's the 'real' angle going forward. Do they have the balls to end a PPV with something that doesn't involve Cena? (my answer: no)

Brock
08-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah all true

But wwe is gonna lose the non kiddie fans with cena getting the championship back blah blah

I do have to admit the punk jabs with oz and Vinnie Vegas were great

Punk doesn't need the championship. Cena does.

58kcfan89
08-16-2011, 01:18 PM
I just had two thoughts:

1. Aren't all the matches on Night of Champions supposed to be championship matches? If that's the case, does that mean Punk won't be on the PPV, since no title's involved, and the match will be pushed for Hell in a Cell? (you'd think they'll find a way to get it on, Punk's too hot not to be part of a PPV)

2. Whichever PPV it's on, is the Punk/Nash match the main event? You'd think not, since it's not something that should run more than 4 or 5 minutes, but the entire McMahon family is getting involved with this, meaning it's the 'real' angle going forward. Do they have the balls to end a PPV with something that doesn't involve Cena? (my answer: no)

1: I don't think all the matches have to be for the title, but all the titles have to be defended. Looking back, it looks like the only match since they started the PPV that wasn't a title match was (ironically) Big Show burying Punk last year.

2: That's where the buildup over the next few weeks comes in. You build up Punk/Nash/kliq to be the big angle of the show, and if it continues to get a big reaction, you shouldn't have a problem ending the show with it. But I agree that they're too gutless to not end the show with the title/Cena.

One other thing about the Punk verbal beatdown on Nash: is this thing getting too inside? Most of us know what was being said/implied, but how many Little Jimmys or "casual" fans know how badly Nash buried good talent or remember all the different gimmicks he had? Kinda starting to worry that it's going over the head of most of the live audience...

keg in kc
08-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah, it was probably a little too inside, the audience didn't seem to get what they were talking about in a couple of spots. Especially when they were referencing things that happened (not really...) 15 years ago.

Although I do think sometimes casual fans' intelligence is undersold. Even if somebody wouldn't know the name's Oz or Vinnie Vegas (or even Big Daddy Cool Diesel) it doesn't take a brain surgeon to make the connection that they were Nash characters, and it doesn't take Einstein to understand Punk's line about Eddie Guerrero being a white midget.

I did not like when Nash called him indy-riffic and told him to get back into the gym, however. Punk played it off well, but if the point of this is to get him even more over, you don't do anything that would turn his strengths (uniqueness, indy success/fanbase) into weaknesses. Then again, it's Kevin Nash, who if this follows history will do everything he can to bury Punk and get himself over, and this is the WWE, who doesn't believe that anything exists outside of their "Universe", that you have to fit a certain "Prototype" (see what I did there?) to be a star, and regularly does everything they can to bury people who should be the best parts of their product (Danielson, JR since he's been back, basically anybody with a belt who isn't Orton or Cena). They like to give a hearty "**** you" to the fans at every opportunity.

Ultra Peanut
08-16-2011, 03:20 PM
welp, i think that's that

ttyl

58kcfan89
08-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Yeah, it was probably a little too inside, the audience didn't seem to get what they were talking about in a couple of spots. Especially when they were referencing things that happened (not really...) 15 years ago.

Although I do think sometimes casual fans' intelligence is undersold. Even if somebody wouldn't know the name's Oz or Vinnie Vegas (or even Big Daddy Cool Diesel) it doesn't take a brain surgeon to make the connection that they were Nash characters, and it doesn't take Einstein to understand Punk's line about Eddie Guerrero being a white midget.

I did not like when Nash called him indy-riffic and told him to get back into the gym, however. Punk played it off well, but if the point of this is to get him even more over, you don't do anything that would turn his strengths (uniqueness, indy success/fanbase) into weaknesses. Then again, it's Kevin Nash, who if this follows history will do everything he can to bury Punk and get himself over, and this is the WWE, who doesn't believe that anything exists outside of their "Universe", that you have to fit a certain "Prototype" (see what I did there?) to be a star, and regularly does everything they can to bury people who should be the best parts of their product (Danielson, JR since he's been back, basically anybody with a belt who isn't Orton or Cena). They like to give a hearty "**** you" to the fans at every opportunity.

Probably a good thing you don't need to be Einstein, cause live pro wrestling events don't exactly contain the world's brightest minds...

I have to think they've got something planned with the announce team to get Cole reduced time. Surely they didn't bring J.R. back just to have Cole (and everyone else) shit all over him for 2 hours every week? And I think AmDrag is going to be OK, they're just trying to build up a feud between him & Barrett. Least I hope so.

And the indy-riffic thing honestly took me a second to get. It's not like Punk was working ROH shows last year, he's been in the "big leagues" for 5 years and is a 3-time World Heavyweight champ & former WWE Champ, and it's not like Punk openly flaunts the fact that he worked his way up (unless he's provoked). I only remember Nash being the WWF Champion once (yes, I'm aware that it was a year long, but so was JBL's run, doesn't mean it was successful).

As far as Nash burying Punk goes, I don't think they're that stupid to let a dinosaur who hasn't done anything worthwhile this century bury The Best In The World (even if he is Mr. H's best friend).

At least, I hope they're not that stupid...

keg in kc
08-16-2011, 06:23 PM
I have to think they've got something planned with the announce team to get Cole reduced time. Surely they didn't bring J.R. back just to have Cole (and everyone else) shit all over him for 2 hours every week? And I think AmDrag is going to be OK, they're just trying to build up a feud between him & Barrett. Least I hope so.They do this to JR periodically. Bring him out and bury him until they fire him or he quits. I don't know why Vince does it, but this isn't the first time.

The Cole character needs to go. He's bearable if he's just calling matches and not injecting himself into every single thing and burying everybody but Miz. It's run its course, it's going to be detrimental to future stars in the long run to have them buried weekly on commentary, and it's getting to the point where everybody is complaining about it. It's turn the channel heat, if there ever was such a thing...

As far as my comment on Danielson, that was more about what they've done with him. He's been buried, steadily, for two years. He starts in the company with a long losing streak, he's buried by Cole on a weekly basis to the point that people are brainwashed into starting "boring" chants during his matches now (happened during Summerslam, on what was by far the best match to that point in the show). That's Vince's attitude, and the company's attitude: he's an indy geek and that's all he'll ever be, because he isn't their product. I think his name is even a rib on him.

The end goal of all this isn't going to be to get him over. Barrett's their long term star. (In their eyes) He can talk, he's big, he has the look. Whereas Bryan's a goofy vegan midget who has no personality and could never possibly be a star in the "big leagues". How do I know that's what they think? Because they say it every single week on commentary.

big nasty kcnut
08-16-2011, 07:51 PM
ultra you better not leave. Shit this post is where i get my inside joke and stuff. Also the kings of wrestling coming on soon for wwe.

keg in kc
08-16-2011, 11:22 PM
And your Smackdown title match for Night of Champions is absolutely no surprise at all...

Mark Henry vs. Orton

Del Rio somehow had a match with Daniel Bryan. I'm guessing it was good. Should be fairly obvious who went over in that one.

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2011, 01:20 AM
Shit got way too WWE way too fast for me to be able to watch this on a weekly basis. I'll watch Punk's promos on Youtube during this angle and hope for the best, probably, but I think my care is cached. I was so excited for Summerslam, and smiled my way through a bunch of absolute dross and almost-good matches with downer finishes (Christian-Orton was p. great though, and I marked out big time for Sheamus and Danielson, so it wasn't horrible as much as it was frustrating) just because I had a sliver of hope that I'd see something magical.

Then Punk came out and the crowd went apeshit, and Cena received another huge mixed-leaning-negative reaction. I believed. How could they see the way the crowd was reacting to this angle and not use it as a star vehicle and watershed moment for Punk and Cena, respectively? They had another gripping match garnering nuclear heat, and then suddenly any hope for catharsis or a genuinely huge moment disappeared from their second-biggest event in favor of a clusterfuck cliffhanger where everyone came off like an asshole. I don't think I've been so let down by a PPV since -- I dunno, probably some WCW abomination during the nWo era.

I'd regret even giving Raw a chance if not for the Punk-Nash thing, which was fantastic only because Punk is absurd. Everything else was so hard to sit through. That whole Dolph-Vickie-Lawler-Cole segment, for instance, was so hateful and mean-spirited that I felt depressed for a while after seeing it. Everything else was either telegraphed and soulless or really nonsensical or both, and it just feels like they're right back to where they were when I stopped watching a couple of years ago.

I really wanted to have my favorite insane pastime back, but it's soooooo dreadful when it's like this.

NJChiefsFan
08-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Love how Cena said "At some point, you're going to have to defend that!" when ADR just beat Rey clean. In his hometown.

I hate you, Cena. **** off and go be a bodybuilder.

I'd like to think this would be one of those things where Punk-HHH would be the bigger story than the title, but with a PPV like "Night of Champions" up next, I'm not holding my breath.

Thats exactly what I said. They have shown an ability to inject a little energy and change of energy in the stories recently but they always fail to finish them or keep them going correctly. Wrestlemania and Summerslam both ended on odd endings after they had done a decent job with story lines.

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2011, 01:50 AM
My biggest fear at this point is Punk retaining but looking like a chump. My biggest hope, actually, is kind of that he gets screwed out of the title and goes on an epic <strike>romp</strike> crusade against the entire company to regain it, cementing his superstardom and bringing in Attitude-era ratings and making Austin and Rock quiver in awe at the mention of his name.

cosignHarumph. I guess they kind of decided to do a bit of both. Explains why I'm so violently opposed to it, I guess. I'm so tired of them half-assing and parity booking and having John Cena be a literal child who can't go three seconds without the title without losing his goddamned mind.

58kcfan89
08-17-2011, 02:16 AM
They do this to JR periodically. Bring him out and bury him until they fire him or he quits. I don't know why Vince does it, but this isn't the first time.

The Cole character needs to go. He's bearable if he's just calling matches and not injecting himself into every single thing and burying everybody but Miz. It's run its course, it's going to be detrimental to future stars in the long run to have them buried weekly on commentary, and it's getting to the point where everybody is complaining about it. It's turn the channel heat, if there ever was such a thing...

As far as my comment on Danielson, that was more about what they've done with him. He's been buried, steadily, for two years. He starts in the company with a long losing streak, he's buried by Cole on a weekly basis to the point that people are brainwashed into starting "boring" chants during his matches now (happened during Summerslam, on what was by far the best match to that point in the show). That's Vince's attitude, and the company's attitude: he's an indy geek and that's all he'll ever be, because he isn't their product. I think his name is even a rib on him.

The end goal of all this isn't going to be to get him over. Barrett's their long term star. (In their eyes) He can talk, he's big, he has the look. Whereas Bryan's a goofy vegan midget who has no personality and could never possibly be a star in the "big leagues". How do I know that's what they think? Because they say it every single week on commentary.

I know this isn't the first time they've done it with JR, guess I just thought that this time might be different. I are and idiot like that sometimes.

Cole is definitely the X-Pac of announcers right now. The announce team didn't totally ruin Punk-Cena at SS in large part because Cole just shut the fuck up & called the match. I thought when HHH came & brought JR back, it was the beginning of the end of Cole. Again, I are and idiot.

Kinda the same way I see the AmDrag thing. Been holding out hope that they'll try to give him a decent push eventually, but that hope is fading with each match he loses. At this point, I'm hoping they turn him into their 2010s version of Benoit (in-ring, obviously). "Boring" guy who puts on great matches, doesn't get a helluva lot of recognition, maybe has 1 or more decent title runs...

Thing that bugs/amazes me is how Punk got to this point being an indy-riffic guy who's not 6'6+ and 275 lbs. Granted, he's a lot better on the mic than pretty much everyone, but he's definitely not their typical "push him" guy.

And your Smackdown title match for Night of Champions is absolutely no surprise at all...

Mark Henry vs. Orton

I'm not surprised and I'm not pissed. But I sure as hell am not going to pay to see that match and probably Cena-ADR. Make Punk/Nash (or HHH) a flaming explosive HIAC with ninjas and I'd start considering it... But from the initial looks, NoC looks like another Capital Punishment.

Shit got way too WWE way too fast for me to be able to watch this on a weekly basis. I'll watch Punk's promos on Youtube during this angle and hope for the best, probably, but I think my care is cached.

...Everything else was so hard to sit through. That whole Dolph-Vickie-Lawler-Cole segment, for instance, was so hateful and mean-spirited that I felt depressed for a while after seeing it. Everything else was either telegraphed and soulless or really nonsensical or both, and it just feels like they're right back to where they were when I stopped watching a couple of years ago.

I really wanted to have my favorite insane pastime back, but it's soooooo dreadful when it's like this.

I can't blame you one bit. I think this Chris Jericho quote sums it up pretty well...

What was once a captivating, trendsetting program has now deteriorated into a cliched, and let's be honest, boring snooze-fest that is in dire need of a knight in shining armor.... Television ratings: downward spiral. PPV buyrates: plummeting. Mainstream acceptance: non-existent. And reactions of the live crowd: complete and utter silence... You're silent because you're embarrassed to be here... And the reason why you're embarrassed is the steady stream of uninteresting, untalented, mediocre "sports entertainers" who you're forced to cheer for and care for. No wonder you're not cheering, you could care less about every single idiot in that dressing room... You people have been lead to believe that mediocrity is excellence. Uh uh. [CM Punk] is excellence.

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2011, 02:21 AM
I actually muttered, "Oh my god, I'm not ashamed to be watching wrestling right now," during Punk-Cena. It was a glorious fifteen minutes or so.

BryanBusby
08-17-2011, 02:24 AM
Punk doesn't need the championship. Cena does.

Cena is as over as he's ever going to be without a total re-hauling, so he definitely does not need the championship.

Del Rio is someone that needs it, but how he got it and how he will probably represent it and lose it will be a total cluster fuck.

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2011, 02:31 AM
Oh, one thing I did love was Del Rio's promo at the beginning. Someone on another forum described it as a Salvatore Sincere promo, only good. I think I'd like him a lot if they ever did anything interesting with him.

BryanBusby
08-17-2011, 02:39 AM
Vince really should send some Smackdown writers to Raw.

keg in kc
08-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Oh, one thing I did love was Del Rio's promo at the beginning. Someone on another forum described it as a Salvatore Sincere promo, only good. I think I'd like him a lot if they ever did anything interesting with him.That was the first time they've let him talk outside of the normal "it's my destiny" stuff for a long time.

Similar to how angry Cena is so much better than pandering to the kids with poopie jokes Cena.

Brock
08-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Cena is as over as he's ever going to be without a total re-hauling, so he definitely does not need the championship.

Del Rio is someone that needs it, but how he got it and how he will probably represent it and lose it will be a total cluster fuck.

Yes, I agree with you. My overall point was more that Punk seemingly being taken out of the championship mix for right now doesn't mean anything in terms of his prominence within the show.

keg in kc
08-17-2011, 09:17 AM
Yes, I agree with you. My overall point was more that Punk seemingly being taken out of the championship mix for right now doesn't mean anything in terms of his prominence within the show.And it's leading to him feuding with HHH which will be the real main event for whatever shows they're on, whether there's a belt involved or not.

4th and Long
08-22-2011, 11:28 AM
TNA just keeps getting better. :grr:
Scott Baio
Golf Club-Swinging Face-Off
With TNA Wrestler

http://cdn.photos.tmz.com/gallery_images/images/2011/08/baio_photos_01_0006_Layer_6_full.jpg

http://cdn.photos.tmz.com/gallery_images/images/2011/08/baio_photos_01_0003_Layer_9_full.jpg

http://cdn.photos.tmz.com/gallery_images/images/2011/08/baio_photos_01_0010_Layer_2_full.jpg

Scott Baio got into a verbal altercation at a golf course in Los Angeles this week -- but don't worry, Chachi wasn't in any real danger ... cause the whole thing was staged.

TMZ obtained photos taken this week, showing Baio getting into it with TNA wrestler Eric Young -- and we're told the whole thing was shot for a comedy segment that will air on Impact Wrestling this Thursday on Spike TV.
Matt Hardy
Arrested for DWI

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/08/20/0820-matt-hardy-2ex-credit.jpg

Wrestling superstar Matt Hardy was arrested in North Carolina today for suspicion of driving while intoxicated ... TMZ has learned.

According to the Moore County Jail, Hardy was busted this afternoon by the North Carolina State Highway Patrol and released around 7:00 PM ET.

Hardy is currently part of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, but made his name in the WWE.

UPDATE

According to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol, a trooper discovered Hardy after his 2009 Corvette ran off the road and struck a tree. Hardy was by himself at the time and did not suffer any injuries.

The trooper observed signs of impairment and arrested Hardy. He was charged with DWI and the trooper found no other contraband in the vehicle. Hardy submitted to a blood test, the results are pending
Matt Hardy
OUT of TNA Following DWI Arrest

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/08/20/0820-matt-hardy-ex.jpg

Matt Hardy's arrest today in North Carolina has had immediate repercussions -- he's been DROPPED from TNA.

A rep for TNA tells TMZ, "TNA today released Impact Wrestling star Matt Hardy from its roster. Hardy was already under suspension from the company."

As TMZ first reported, Hardy was arrested after his Corvette smashed into a tree this afternoon. He was not injured.
Wrestler Matt Hardy
MUG SHOT -- The Eyes Have It

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/08/22/0822-matt-hardy-ex-wm.jpg

TMZ has obtained the photo of wrestling superstar Matt Hardy ... taken moments after he was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated in North Carolina this weekend.

As we first reported, Hardy was arrested after his Corvette smashed into a tree Saturday.

Hardy submitted to a blood test following the crash. The results are pending ... but judging by the photo ... he's totally F'd

58kcfan89
08-22-2011, 07:21 PM
1: That Matt Hardy mugshot is frickin' hilarious.

2: As much as I'd love to see Punk go over tonight, there's no way they let him go 3-0 against The Golden Boy IMO. Hope I'm wrong, guess we'll find out in a bit.

3: Trips just pulled a Teddy Long. 2 guys in the ring, come out, take up some time, announce a match between the 2. Not exactly groundbreaking....

4: Seems pretty obvious that they're not sold on Del Rio's mic skills, considering he got about 3 words in during that whole 15 minute segment.

Interested to see what else happens tonight.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-22-2011, 07:23 PM
I bet Kevin Nash interferes and screws punk

keg in kc
08-22-2011, 07:54 PM
I bet Kevin Nash interferes and screws punkYep.

Great. Another Alex "Vanilla" Riley win.

keg in kc
08-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Nobody gives a shit about Kevin Nash. LMAO

58kcfan89
08-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Punk doesn't seem to be totally on top of his promo game tonight, but these segments have been intense. Punk vs. HHH needs to happen at WrestleMania. So far so good on the build, just hope they keep it going and don't waste it on a lower tier PPV.

Sassy Squatch
08-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Nexus is gone apparently. Mcgillicuty and Otunga came out to a completely different titantron and ring gear.

Ultra Peanut
08-22-2011, 08:18 PM
ok, Punk is great and I'll keep watching because of him grr argh

Ooh look, another promising tag team that's inevitably going to be split up after a few months of aimless meandering! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping the crowd shot afterwards would suddenly zoom in on KoW jumping over the guardrail.

Reaper16
08-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Punk doesn't seem to be totally on top of his promo game tonight, but these segments have been intense.
It feels like Punk is being held to a tighter script tonight. He's a half-step slow, as if he's trying to improve lines to fit the script scenario instead of improving the best possible lines.

4th and Long
08-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Punk doesn't seem to be totally on top of his promo game tonight, but these segments have been intense.
'I don't want you to have to fold up your nice jacket and put it in your wife's purse, ... the same place you keep your cell phone, ... oh, ... and your balls.' ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Ultra Peanut
08-22-2011, 08:25 PM
It feels like Punk is being held to a tighter script tonight. He's a half-step slow, as if he's trying to improve lines to fit the script scenario instead of improving the best possible lines.
And the amazing thing is that he's still saving the show from being utterly unwatchable.

Ultra Peanut
08-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Ahahaha I love the jobber afterparty. So cute.

FUNK MANNNNN. Sorry your friend Kevin Nash died apparently. So like, about that weather guy's tip...

wait what, are they seriously

Reaper16
08-22-2011, 08:30 PM
It's adorable that Funk Man was Nash's emergency contact, considering their homoerotic backstage segment last week.

BryanBusby
08-22-2011, 08:32 PM
What the fuck is with all these "car accident" angles?

and Miz/Truth is a wonderful team :)

4th and Long
08-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Quick! Can anyone tell me the whereabouts of Scott Hall at this very moment?
Posted via Mobile Device

BryanBusby
08-22-2011, 08:34 PM
god damn R-Truth is amazing

Ultra Peanut
08-22-2011, 08:35 PM
There's an undeniable elegance to, "They all sit around the conspiracy table and conspire."

I really, really, really love the idea of these two being together right now.

BryanBusby
08-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Miz and R-truth as a team just feels right

Reaper16
08-22-2011, 08:41 PM
Best segment of August 2011, including stuff that Punk has been in this month. That was a heel promo masterclass.

58kcfan89
08-22-2011, 08:43 PM
'I don't want you to have to fold up your nice jacket and put it in your wife's purse, ... the same place you keep your cell phone, ... oh, ... and your balls.' ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

No doubt that was a good line, but his delivery seems a bit off. As was suggested earlier, he may be held to a tighter script or something tonight (which would make sense considering last week's Raw was supposedly really hectic and from-the-hip).

And I'm a fan of the Truth/Miz pairing. Have them feud with Bourne & Kingston before bringing in KOW eventually?

BryanBusby
08-22-2011, 08:47 PM
This crowd owns. Throwing Cena's shirt back to him multiple times.

58kcfan89
08-22-2011, 08:49 PM
This crowd owns. Throwing Cena's shirt back to him multiple times.

Notice Punk only threw his once. ;)

EDIT: "Let's go Oilers!" LMAO

Reaper16
08-22-2011, 08:52 PM
The "Let's Go Oilers" chant is fucking awful. Cheer that during the divas match? Sure. Fine. But during a match between Punk and Cena, the hottest angle in wrestling in years? Total crowd fail.

Ultra Peanut
08-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Best segment of August 2011, including stuff that Punk has been in this month. That was a heel promo masterclass.
That was genuinely amazing.

Reaper16
08-22-2011, 08:53 PM
BTW -- what's with the announce booth right now? King, ostensibly a face announcer, doesn't like Punk? And Cole kinda sorta sounded like he was defending Punk?

4th and Long
08-22-2011, 08:54 PM
So far, this match is like watching paint dry. I know, I know. We're just waiting around to see who interferes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
08-22-2011, 09:00 PM
So far, this match is like watching paint dry. I know, I know. We're just waiting around to see who interferes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Go actually watch paint dry and then report back plz thx

Ultra Peanut
08-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Punk has kicked out of the Whateverit'scallednow so many times now, it's beautiful.

Oh hey SURPRISE

Ehhhhhhhnnn. Kind of by the book but so much less awful than I expected.

4th and Long
08-22-2011, 09:01 PM
I just love pointless finishing moves. Might as well rename them to continuation moves.
Posted via Mobile Device

58kcfan89
08-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I think it's a helluva match, but there's only so many new things you can do after 2 straight great and PPV main events (and what I would imagine is numerous more house show matches). I still enjoy watching Punk vs. Cena, but there's only so much they can do that they haven't already...

4th and Long
08-22-2011, 09:03 PM
*Yawn* at Nash showing up and Alberto Dorito stomping Cena.
Posted via Mobile Device

58kcfan89
08-22-2011, 09:04 PM
....sigh.... At least it was obvious Cena was winning tonight...

Cena gets pissed at Del Rio for cashing in MITB last week, then beats Punk because of Nash's involvement. FU, Cena.

Am excited to see where they go from here (with Punk/Nash/HHH, couldn't care less about Cena-ADR). Don't know what exactly the point of having Funkman hold back Del Rio is, though.

Ultra Peanut
08-22-2011, 09:06 PM
*Yawn* at Nash showing up and Alberto Dorito stomping Cena.
Posted via Mobile Devicethis thread is an island of not-saying-racist-things pls adhere to the rules taped to the door

4th and Long
08-22-2011, 09:07 PM
WWE is making me want to not watch it again. Cena needs to join Mysterio on vacation.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
08-22-2011, 09:09 PM
this thread is an island of not-saying-racist-things pls adhere to the rules taped to the door
I don't think that is a race joke at all. The way that Del Rio usually says his name at the beginning of promos sounds an awful lot like the word 'Dorito.'

4th and Long
08-22-2011, 09:09 PM
this thread is an island of not-saying-racist-things pls adhere to the rules taped to the door
*Pointing at keg in kc* I LEARNED IT FROM HIM!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

4th and Long
08-22-2011, 09:12 PM
I don't think that is a race joke at all. The way that Del Rio usually says his name at the beginning of promos sounds an awful lot like the word 'Dorito.'
It's cool. I missed Peanut. Glad she's back. :)

Am I allowed to salsa dance during a Del Rio segment? :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
08-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Swagger v Riley aside, tonight's Raw was pretty much on par with most recent PPV's in terms of quality.

Mosbonian
08-22-2011, 11:15 PM
I wish they would let Punk go and be himself....scripting him seems so out of sync. And quite frankly, while not being a Cena mark, the whole "we hate the good guy Cena" is making me want to like him. Why does WWE manage to take a perfectly set up scenario and toss rotten eggs on it?

Reaper16
08-22-2011, 11:17 PM
I wish they would let Punk go and be himself....scripting him seems so out of sync. And quite frankly, while not being a Cena mark, the whole "we hate the good guy Cena" is making me want to like him. Why does WWE manage to take a perfectly set up scenario and toss rotten eggs on it?
How would you be booking this angle differently? Punk is officially the major focus of the show, with long-term storytelling going towards his storyline. There are a number of ways that I'd book Cena differently, but they seem to be handling the Punk story about as well as they can, if you subscribe to the thinking that they are building to Punk vs HHH at WM28.

Mosbonian
08-22-2011, 11:31 PM
How would you be booking this angle differently? Punk is officially the major focus of the show, with long-term storytelling going towards his storyline. There are a number of ways that I'd book Cena differently, but they seem to be handling the Punk story about as well as they can, if you subscribe to the thinking that they are building to Punk vs HHH at WM28.

If that is what they are doing I am cool with it...but anytime Nash is involved I am highly suspicious. And even worse I am concerned that in some point and time Sean Waltman and Shawn Michaels are going to show up.

The only thing I am sure of is that Scott Hall won't be.

Ultra Peanut
08-23-2011, 01:18 AM
Am I allowed to salsa dance during a Del Rio segment? :p
Posted via Mobile Deviceyou should feel free to dance however you like, whenever you like. that's always been a fundamental tenet here.

big nasty kcnut
08-23-2011, 02:38 AM
well then i should do my cm punk arm thing.

NJChiefsFan
08-23-2011, 02:47 AM
There's an undeniable elegance to, "They all sit around the conspiracy table and conspire."

I really, really, really love the idea of these two being together right now.

Truth has very quickly become one of the best things going on Raw. Him and Miz should be gold together, and showed as much tonight. Truth has just played this character perfectly. His mix of madness and poor English along with his mic skills has been great. I actually always thought he was a decent enough wrestler, just a little to giddy to be like-able. One of the best reasons to turn heal in a long time, blaming the pleasing of fans as the reason he accepted that match with Morrison, who still has one of the worst entrance songs.

Gotta love the contradictions from Cena again, as pointed out. Call Del Rio a coward then let Nash win the match for you. Little arrogance from him tonight also saying Punk is only person who can hang with him.

Seems like I might be in the minority here, atleast in the brief time I have been, but I like Del Rio. Even as small a thing as his reaction to Cena's shirt being thrown back at him. I feared he would be a Mexican JBL but I haven't been bored by him at all.

WWE Heals love the digs on Canadians, never fails.

keg in kc
08-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Swagger v Riley aside, tonight's Raw was pretty much on par with most recent PPV's in terms of quality.I thought it was a good show aside from that and the last couple of minutes, which in terms of quality was basically air escaping from a balloon. So freaking flat.

I'm apparently the only guy in the world that doesn't like R-Truth. I don't like his character, I don't like his matches. Then again, I've never been a fan of goofiness in any stripe. Hopefully he and Miz will be...something. They do have a point about being pushed out of the main event. It's like they're doing the joke heel version of the CM Punk angle, though.

Ah, the CM Punk angle. I loved the stuff at the beginning, especially keeping the suit in his wife's purse with his cellphone and his balls. And of course Big Lazy with the Just for Men in the Conservatory. LMAO

I swear, though, Nash just about kills the angle every time he opens his damned mouth.

The end was just lame. I always hate that interference from the ramp garbage, because it makes the loser (face or heel) look like an idiot, and often weak. If you're going to do that, at least beat up the guy before you pin him. Don't pick him up and non chalantly FU him. And boy does "honorable" John Cena sure have no problem attacking somebody from behind like that. They should play that up, but....of course....they're never going to turn him heel.

keg in kc
08-23-2011, 08:29 AM
So, just on the heels of Matt Hardy's firing, what does TNA do...

They bring back Jeff Hardy.

[/facepalm]

58kcfan89
08-23-2011, 12:49 PM
If that is what they are doing I am cool with it...but anytime Nash is involved I am highly suspicious. And even worse I am concerned that in some point and time Sean Waltman and Shawn Michaels are going to show up.

The only thing I am sure of is that Scott Hall won't be.

X-Pac can stay the fuck home, but if I can get some Punk-HBK interaction, I'd be the happiest wrestling fan ever. And I'd have no problem if Shawn wanted to wrestle one more match against Punk (even though it won't happen) and would be happy to pay to watch them wrestle, no matter how bad the rest of the card is./markout

Reaper16
08-23-2011, 12:52 PM
I hope X-Pac comes out. The more guys that I don't want to see, the better it makes the angle. Punk is about changing this business from the staid trappings that have been in place since the mid-90's. The more opportunities Punk gets to go over on The Cliq, the better.

4th and Long
08-23-2011, 03:05 PM
.I'm apparently the only guy in the world that doesn't like R-Truth.
No, ... you're not. I can't stand the backwards assed hilbilly talkin' little jimmy crap they have him doing either. It's just plain low brow boring.

4th and Long
08-23-2011, 03:07 PM
I hope X-Pac comes out. The more guys that I don't want to see, the better it makes the angle. Punk is about changing this business from the staid trappings that have been in place since the mid-90's. The more opportunities Punk gets to go over on The Cliq, the better.
I can hear the X-Pac chant rom the crowd now.

You ****ed Chyna! *clap, clap, clap clap clap*

Bowser
08-23-2011, 03:14 PM
I can hear the X-Pac chant rom the crowd now.

A friend told me once how he was surfing porn and stumbled upon a video of Chyna getting DP'd. I was shocked to hear such news.

58kcfan89
08-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Not to change the subject from Chyna getting ****ed....

But I just won 4 tickets to Smackdown in Wichita a week from tonight, which I guess is going to be a live episode. Anyway, if anyone's in the area and wants to go, let me know, as I'll probably only use 2 of them.

Brock
08-23-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm apparently the only guy in the world that doesn't like R-Truth. I don't like his character, I don't like his matches.

They're not really doing the right thing with that guy. I get the feeling he could be really funny.

keg in kc
08-23-2011, 03:32 PM
I hope X-Pac comes out. The more guys that I don't want to see, the better it makes the angle. Punk is about changing this business from the staid trappings that have been in place since the mid-90's. The more opportunities Punk gets to go over on The Cliq, the better.Sort of related: the guy doing the raw review for wrestling observer noted last night that it made zero sense for Punk, the 'smart' wrestler trying to change the business, to fall for the interference on the ramp that WWE does all the freaking time, including earlier on Raw.

That would have been an awesome twist, have him turn around after Nash talks, dodge Cena with a smirk on his face, sort of an "i'm not falling for that typical WWE bullshit" and then maybe have him pinned later after Nash actually physically interferes in some way.

So much better than losing the match flat like that and then watching Del Rio's pretty boring beatdown (which is a whole other subject, beating the crap out of Cena shouldn't be a yawner).

Reaper16
08-23-2011, 03:45 PM
R-Truth is funny. You guys are the ones who are boring.

Reaper16
08-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Sort of related: the guy doing the raw review for wrestling observer noted last night that it made zero sense for Punk, the 'smart' wrestler trying to change the business, to fall for the interference on the ramp that WWE does all the freaking time, including earlier on Raw.

That would have been an awesome twist, have him turn around after Nash talks, dodge Cena with a smirk on his face, sort of an "i'm not falling for that typical WWE bullshit" and then maybe have him pinned later after Nash actually physically interferes in some way.

Yeah, it would be much better for Punk to come across smarter than that. Unfortunately, it's a classic part of WWE babyface style. Once you get distracted, you're stuck.

Another aspect of WWE babyface style that Punk is having to conform to is the "cut the crap, let's fight" mentatlity that he showed at the SummerSlam contract signing, against Nash two Raws ago before security guards stopped him, and against Nash tonight before Mr. H'es stopped him. It doesn't feel exactly authentic, but it certainly does feel face.

BryanBusby
08-24-2011, 04:05 AM
I'm apparently the only guy in the world that doesn't like R-Truth. I don't like his character, I don't like his matches. Then again, I've never been a fan of goofiness in any stripe.

Too bad you're not a fan of goofy heels. He has improved on the mic and in the ring since they turned him heel, and is one of the few interesting things going on in the WWE right now.

Also, I'm surprised it was possible for Matt Hardy to get a DUI. He's got plenty of fat to soak up the alcohol. TNA is pretty funny though....

Drinking and crashing your car into a tree = not OK

Showing up to work hammered and getting busted with drugs for the 454354353454th time = "Hey, are you ready to return?!?"

4th and Long
08-24-2011, 09:31 AM
crashing your car into a tree = not OK
Oooooooh Yeeeeeah!!! /Macho Man
Posted via Mobile Device

58kcfan89
08-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Hadn't seen this posted. Long, sad story of Ric Flair & his financial troubles.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6891795/the-wrestler-real-life

WebGem
08-28-2011, 04:23 PM
I've been telling people for years I want to hire Ric Flair to be my financial advisor. I can't seem to get in touch with him though.

Bowser
08-28-2011, 04:48 PM

What an absolute train wreck that guy is.

Swanman
08-29-2011, 08:30 AM

Flair came to an ROH show in Chicago a couple years back and you could smell booze on him from half a mile away. On the other hand, when Bret Hart showed up he was the model of professionalism.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2011, 07:03 PM
HAITCH STARTING THE SHOW OMG DRAMA

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Okay, for all of this angle's disappointments it's awesomely bizarre to see Punk in the ring as THAT MUSIC hits.

Oh god, Nash seems even worse this week.

58kcfan89
08-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Wait, so is the brand extension over or is this a part time thing?

I know the Smackdown tomorrow in Wichita is live & a supershow, they've been advertising Raw guys for awhile. Anyway, I'm suddenly excited for a Smackdown show....

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2011, 07:22 PM
ffffffffffffff, that was horrible.

And yeah, I'm confused on whether the brand merger thing is permanent or for this week only, too.

58kcfan89
08-29-2011, 07:27 PM
ffffffffffffff, that was horrible.

And yeah, I'm confused on whether the brand merger thing is permanent or for this week only, too.

Yeah, I definitely think Punk needs to tone it down a bit. I'm all about giving him mic time all the time, but I can see him getting unlikeable, especially to the Little Jimmies, if he keeps up with stuff like that.

Oh well, I'm still gunna mark like a bitch for him tomorrow.

keg in kc
08-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Wait, so is the brand extension over or is this a part time thing?

I know the Smackdown tomorrow in Wichita is live & a supershow, they've been advertising Raw guys for awhile. Anyway, I'm suddenly excited for a Smackdown show....My guess is that's the point. Word is they're wanting very badly to move off of Fridays.

The bland split (actual typo, why change it? LMAO) should have ended years ago anyway. It's silly to have two shows and act like they're completely different products.

Killing the 2nd world title (or unifying them) would I think be a good thing, too. I remember when it used to matter who the champion was. The dark ages back before two titles that each change every week.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Unifying the titles would be such a sweet relief. As it is, it's hard to even take Cena seriously as THE GUY in kayfabe.

Yeah, I definitely think Punk needs to tone it down a bit. I'm all about giving him mic time all the time, but I can see him getting unlikeable, especially to the Little Jimmies, if he keeps up with stuff like that.Yeah, that was another facet of the terribleness of that segment, in addition to the uninspired direction and sheer predictability of the angle in general.

It didn't help that the crowd popped for ALL of them, which was confusing, but with Nash and HHH getting positive comments Punk needs more than outright dickishness to garner a big response.

Also, I love that Del Rio's a total nothing so far. Unbelievably pathetic way to book a champion.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-29-2011, 07:58 PM
This has been a terrible RAW...even with both parties participating. Matches have been lackluster...

58kcfan89
08-29-2011, 08:28 PM
This has been a terrible RAW...even with both parties participating. Matches have been lackluster...

Crowd sucks (honestly, probably won't be any better tomorrow night) and the show just feels likes a fustercluck. Too many guys from SD randomly getting involved with Raw guys and the Punk-Miz match seemed hella random.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Pretty late in the show for a fluff match. Best be a wardrobe malfunction...

Mosbonian
08-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Reaper.....how do you feel about how they have handled Punk tonight?

I'm still of the mind that Kevin Nash will find some way to try and bury Punk.

58kcfan89
08-29-2011, 09:07 PM
LMFAO, someone's got a sign that says "ADD TO THE 5 MOVES OF DOOM" on one side and "INCREASE WORK RATE" on the other. LMAO

58kcfan89
08-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Punk vs. HHH at Night of fucking champions?

Fuck you, WWE.

Al Bundy
08-29-2011, 09:10 PM
ohhh great.. HHH VS Punk.

Reaper16
08-29-2011, 09:14 PM
My, God what a clusterfuck. Seriously? WWE could have slow-burned the Punk/HHH angle until 'Mania and it'd have been fucking awesome. Way to accelerate the angle's timetable by SEVEN FUCKING MONTHS. God fuck

Ultra Peanut
... fuuuuuck.

Reaper16
Also, great job at giving your Goddamned champion some on-air exposure on your biggest show, assholes.

keg in kc
08-29-2011, 09:15 PM
The opening segment was fine outside of punk's puking. That unfortunately almost killed it on its own.

Rest of the show so far (I'm about an hour in) has been meh.

As far as HHH vs Punk, I didn't expect that for a few months. But we had to all know that's where this was going.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-29-2011, 09:16 PM
http://culturalpolicyreform.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/jet_crash_eject.jpg

58kcfan89
08-29-2011, 09:18 PM
My, God what a clusterfuck. Seriously? WWE could have slow-burned the Punk/HHH angle until 'Mania and it'd have been fucking awesome. Way to accelerate the angle's timetable by SEVEN FUCKING MONTHS. God fuck

Nash vs. Punk at NoC, either Punk wins or gets screwed.
Nash vs. Punk at HIAC. Punk destroys Nash.
Team Punk vs. Team HHH at Survivor Series.
Make someone who needs something to do HHH's stooge, have them feud w/ Punk for awhile....

But no, let's use what could be a WM main event as the undercard at Night of fucking Champions.

Dumbasses.

Also, great job at giving your Goddamned champion some on-air exposure on your biggest show, assholes.

Was reading somewhere that ADR was having issues with his visa & had to get it taken care of in preparation for their Mexico tour.

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2011, 09:19 PM
So is this the same trajectory Nexus took last year? I was tempted to watch when that was going down but ended up feeling pretty relieved I never got around to it.

keg in kc
08-29-2011, 09:20 PM
This is I think the first time I've ever seen a run-in with no reaction LMAO

(Truth at the end of the Punk match - crowd didn't make a peep)

And the NWO music just sounds wrong somehow.

Reaper16
08-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Hey UP, remember two months ago when we were excited about WWE's seeming commitment to long-term storytelling? LOUL @ US

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2011, 09:22 PM
We were so innocent in those days.

http://i.imgur.com/peVIK.gif

58kcfan89
08-29-2011, 09:23 PM
What are the odds Nash was refusing to put over Punk at any point, so they decided to scrap it? That's my bet. Either that, or he hurt himself giving Punk the jackknife earlier in the show.

Brock
08-29-2011, 09:23 PM
My god how far has Parker Posey fallen

Ultra Peanut
08-29-2011, 09:26 PM
My laptop battery died so I didn't actually see the end. This stupidity feels doubly surreal as a result.

keg in kc
08-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Hey I didn't think that was a terrible raw.

Might have something to do with watching the whole thing in 40 minutes. So much more bearable in fast forward.

Jesus, how much more anti-climactic could they have made the Punk-HHH match.

Mosbonian
08-29-2011, 09:28 PM
My, God what a cluster****. Seriously? WWE could have slow-burned the Punk/HHH angle until 'Mania and it'd have been ****ing awesome. Way to accelerate the angle's timetable by SEVEN ****ING MONTHS. God ****

This kinda answered my question to you earlier.

keg in kc
08-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Hey, at least we get Punk/Great Khali tomorrow night. What's better than that?

BryanBusby
08-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Watched Raw for around an hour tonight and was fighting to keep awake through it.

Not liking the direction they are heading overall.

keg in kc
08-29-2011, 09:38 PM
This is just too weird. Introduce one match and then switch it up an hour later? And such a flat way to introduce HHH's return (match) after 4 months, on Night of Champions of all shows. This has to be setting up a series of matches leading up to Survivor Series (which is Rock's return) or Royal Rumble. This could still feasibly roll all the way to Mania, but I can't imagine how they'd do it. Maybe have the match now, then have Punk have to go through a series of other matches to get back to HHH at mania and finally get over?

It's probably their idea of a twist to get people tuned in for Smackdown tomorrow. It felt like watching an episode of TNA. Main event ends, heels win....to the back! Watch them announce another random match tomorrow. Instead of Punk/Nash, instead of Punk/HHH, now we'll get Punk versus Stephanie in a pudding match.

wtf

Reaper16
08-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Also: how symbolic that the Punk vs HHH match was announced while Cena's music blared over them.

Brock
08-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Also: how symbolic that the Punk vs HHH match was announced while Cena's music blared over them.

I almost couldn't understand what nose was mumbling about.

Simply Red
08-29-2011, 09:48 PM
how'd macho man look tonight?

Hootie
08-29-2011, 09:49 PM
I was entertained by tonight's RAW...and Punk didn't even carry it for me for once.

Mark Henry sucks though...he's god damn terrible.

keg in kc
08-30-2011, 05:48 AM
Meltzer comments:

Del Rio is still in Mexico (visa issue?), so that's why he wasn't on the show (and probably won't be tonight).

He doesn't know anything yet, but backstage word on Nash was that he didn't pass medicals (but Meltzer went on to talk about why he didn't think that explains what happens - why bill the match, run a promo for it, then change it 5 minutes later if you know ahead of time?)

He thinks having the Smackdown guys on Raw is to both try and help Smackdown house show sales and to try and help boost Raw ratings through the NFL season (speculates they're paranoid about dropping below 3.0). Believes it's temporary.

Ultra Peanut
08-30-2011, 07:03 PM
oh my fucking god this is so awkward and bizarre

Ultra Peanut
08-30-2011, 07:11 PM
also holy christ i hate these midwest crowds that pop for everything a main eventer does

(no offense to my jesusland homies)

Brock
08-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Are they in Wichita? Ha ha.

Ultra Peanut
08-30-2011, 07:14 PM
lol what. this is hella dubya cee dubya.

that applies to the crowd, too, come to think of it. i like this remark from elsewhere:

This is the WWE Universe-est crowd.

Ted Theodore Logan
08-30-2011, 07:15 PM
how'd macho man look tonight?

I love that Punk does the flying elbow off the top rope like Savage used to, Macho will always be my favorite wrestler of all time!

keg in kc
08-30-2011, 07:21 PM
I think it's a great sign for tonight's ratings that I completely forgot there was a live smackdown on until an hour and a quarter into the show.

Ultra Peanut
08-30-2011, 07:25 PM
I think it's a great sign for tonight's ratings that I completely forgot there was a live smackdown on until an hour and a quarter into the show.same. apparently nothing of value was missed.

what a garbage show.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Totally forgot about this.

Did I miss much?

58kcfan89
08-31-2011, 12:05 AM
Haha, just got back from the show, apparently everyone else hates the Wichita crowd as much as I do. The "WWE-Universiest crowd ever" comment is pretty much spot on. Almost the entire damn place had Cena or Orton shit on.

Was pretty much the standard Smackdown, with a pretty good cage match (albeit with an incredibly predictable ending) and a really good Punk-HHH contract signing. Thing that killed it was our craptastic crowd that barely reacted to Punk because either 1) they still don't know if they're supposed to boo or cheer him or 2) because they're too busy marking out for Mr. H's.

All the faces get gigantic pops, Christian gets booed and the rest get no or little reaction.

I need to move to Chicago or Philadelphia....

big nasty kcnut
08-31-2011, 03:36 AM
I'm a big cm punk guy and i hope he goes over clean vs. mr.h bomb. Then he bring in the kings of wrestling and colt and take over the wwe.

Swanman
08-31-2011, 07:51 AM
Haha, just got back from the show, apparently everyone else hates the Wichita crowd as much as I do. The "WWE-Universiest crowd ever" comment is pretty much spot on. Almost the entire damn place had Cena or Orton shit on.

Was pretty much the standard Smackdown, with a pretty good cage match (albeit with an incredibly predictable ending) and a really good Punk-HHH contract signing. Thing that killed it was our craptastic crowd that barely reacted to Punk because either 1) they still don't know if they're supposed to boo or cheer him or 2) because they're too busy marking out for Mr. H's.

All the faces get gigantic pops, Christian gets booed and the rest get no or little reaction.

I need to move to Chicago or Philadelphia....

I love being among the Chicago wrestling fans. I would describe Chicago fans are passionate educated assholes when it comes to wrestling. I still remember the last WM in Chicago where we turned Mickie James face and basically told WWE, "fuck you, we will never cheer John Cena" and booed the ever-living shit out of him when he was the superman babyface against Huntor.

keg in kc
08-31-2011, 08:02 AM
I'm a big cm punk guy and i hope he goes over clean vs. mr.h bomb. Then he bring in the kings of wrestling and colt and take over the wwe.It would make sense to build this thing up for Survivor Series and have Kings of Wrestling show up by then, but since that would make sense, odds are they're doing something else. Right now I can see this building towards a 3-way for hell in a cell, with Nash getting involved at night of champions. And knowing them, this will end up with HHH and Punk somehow on the same side by Survivor Series, against Nash and some random people.

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2011, 09:59 AM
I really cannot overstate how completely miserable that show was.

keg in kc
08-31-2011, 10:29 AM
They've basically Nexused all of WWE. I've gone from hyped for Raw to apathy in a matter of weeks. Same old shit, different year.

58kcfan89
08-31-2011, 01:10 PM
I love being among the Chicago wrestling fans. I would describe Chicago fans are passionate educated assholes when it comes to wrestling. I still remember the last WM in Chicago where we turned Mickie James face and basically told WWE, "fuck you, we will never cheer John Cena" and booed the ever-living shit out of him when he was the superman babyface against Huntor.

Haha, I loved that show. Probably my favorite WM in the last 10 years. I'm sick of going to a show and trying to cheer Punk, D-Bry (Edge, Jericho in the past. Basically, anyone not Cena or face Orton) & a few other guys while getting shit on. Last night, I was told to "shut up" by some Cena mark when I was applauding something Punk said during his promo. Figure if it was NYC, Chicago or Philly, that guy woulda gotten his ass kicked or wouldn't have even been in the building. Instead, the place was full of people like that, blindly cheering whomever they're told to cheer...

I'm not quite as down about the product as a whole as most of you, maybe I'm still holding out a small amount of hope that they've got a plan in place for a lot of these guys. If we can get a D-Bry vs. Fake Sin Cara feud, I think that could produce some really good matches. And I definitely think there's a long-term plan in place for Punk (not so sure about Barrett, though). And they seem to be wanting to create some legitimate storylines with the women for once (albeit with a horrible champ), and seem to be putting some emphasis on the tag titles, despite there being a severe lack of good teams....

Watching the MitB DVD now. Maybe it'll make me feel better about the whole thing.

BryanBusby
08-31-2011, 01:29 PM
I really cannot overstate how completely miserable that show was.

I totally forgot it was even on. I'm going to consider this a good thing.

The Franchise
08-31-2011, 03:44 PM
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/38L8IzWlllc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He mentions CM Punk and John Cena.

Jim Jones
08-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Where does he mention them? I can't sit through 25 minutes of him.

The Franchise
08-31-2011, 04:20 PM
9:15

It's probably nothing.....but whatever.

keg in kc
08-31-2011, 08:03 PM
And here's our answer:The 8/29 Raw from Tulsa was one of the strangest shows, as they announced C.M. Punk vs. Kevin Nash for Night of Champions (9/18 in Buffalo), had a confrontation between the two, and then did an angle later in the show where Nash laid out Punk with a jackknife power bomb.

Then, late in the show, HHH confronted Punk backstage and said the Board of Directors has changed the match from Punk vs. Nash to Punk vs. himself.

The story behind the change after spending a few weeks building up the match is that, according to those in WWE, there was a medical ailment discovered when Nash was getting his physical in Pittsburgh. The ailment was not released, but it was said to be something that in any other era in wrestling, the match would have taken place. The company made the decision to err on the side of caution, since it is expected Nash will be cleared in the fall and he will wrestle either in a singles match with Punk, or in a three-way involving HHH.

A medical issue forcing a change is understandable. But what made no sense was, since the match had not been announced publicly before the company got word, why announce it in the first place? But even that’s not a big deal as much as if Nash wasn’t wrestling Punk, why did they shoot the angle with Nash laying Punk out.

And if HHH, who hasn’t wrestled since Mania, was coming back and maybe this isn’t how it was first envisioned, and done now based on necessity, why didn’t they have a major heated argument to where HHH would blow his stack and look for clearance from the board? Why did they put the heat on the canceled match and coldly announce the new match?

The original plan was for HHH vs. Punk to be saved for the Survivor Series.

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2011, 12:55 PM
lol, clusterfuckkkkkkkk

Swanman
09-01-2011, 01:07 PM
When is the last time those dumbasses did a good slow-burn feud? I didn't watch much over the last 5-6 years so I could be missing something but the last one that I remember was Austin/Michaels way back in 1998. That buildup to Stone Cold winning the title went at least 6 months if I remember right.

ROH has a tiny roster yet they seem to a do a couple feuds like that every year. The Steen/Generico feud went almost exactly one year before the blow-off.

loochy
09-01-2011, 01:09 PM
When is the last time those dumbasses did a good slow-burn feud? I didn't watch much over the last 5-6 years so I could be missing something but the last one that I remember was Austin/Michaels way back in 1998. That buildup to Stone Cold winning the title went at least 6 months if I remember right.

ROH has a tiny roster yet they seem to a do a couple feuds like that every year. The Steen/Generico feud went almost exactly one year before the blow-off.

I really enjoyed the hart/michaels/taker and the original taker/kane buildup

58kcfan89
09-02-2011, 01:06 PM

Well, the match between WWE's top 2 draws at the time, Cena & Batista, took literally about 2 weeks to build up before Summerslam a few years ago... That was pretty long for them...

Occasionally, you'll get a feud like Punk-Orton earlier this year that references things that happened a long time ago (Orton taking out Punk when he was the WHC like 2 years ago), but yeah, they're not very good at the "building suspense" thing. Seems fairly obvious that they're being run by businessmen rather than wrestling people. They want to get what they can out of Punk while they can, because they're not sure how long it'll last.

Of course, that's pretty much a Catch 22 because rushing Punk's storylines makes it that much more likely that he won't stick in the spotlight. I'm really hoping that they either make this a string of matches or have some sort of a long-term plan for the story, because I won't be buying Night of F'ing Champions to watch one match (that I don't think Punk'll end up looking good in), and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Ultra Peanut
09-05-2011, 07:16 PM
I missed the first 10 minutes of Raw because I went outside to smoke the most horribly-rolled blunt I've ever smoked, and coming back in to five minutes of Trips and Nash talking has made me feel pretttty okay with that.

... oh goodness I hope Nash doesn't make Punk lose to that scrappy voice of the people Triple Haitch

BryanBusby
09-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Nash must be fucked up if they are completely writing him out. Now Punk can get buried by someone at least a little more......current

Ultra Peanut
09-05-2011, 07:25 PM
No seriously. Kevin Nash sent himself a text to implicate HHH in his scheme to--KHALI ON THE A-SHOWWWWWWW

BryanBusby
09-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Damn, piss break match already

Ultra Peanut
09-05-2011, 07:54 PM
This Raw is so bad.

... oh hey Kofi/Bourne v Miz/Truth! A thing I might actually want to see!

Ultra Peanut
09-05-2011, 08:46 PM
I just want to hang out with Ricardo and bake cookies or something.

4th and Long
09-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Swagger's ankle lock makes Kurt Angle blush.

4th and Long
09-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Shamus ... beating Barret like a rented mule and them *BLAM* boot to the face.

4th and Long
09-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Cena vs Swagger and Ziggler. *yawn*

4th and Long
09-05-2011, 09:14 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm back to hating the predictable WWE.

keg in kc
09-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Sounds like a good raw to sleep through.

4th and Long
09-05-2011, 09:28 PM
It was miserable.

NJChiefsFan
09-05-2011, 10:20 PM
And Raw ends on a stare-off for the first time in what must be 2 weeks....

I hated the Raw GM shit, but that being said, I HATE even more that they just are not going to finish the damn thing out. Bam, its just gone. Teddy Long waggles out to set the generic 8 man tag.

I do like the promotions pre-entrance though. Little old-school there. Is Nash really written out for good just like that? Seems to me they would have him help HHH win in the No DQ match. Don't see HHH dropping that COO title yet and Punk losing straight up kills all he has going. Who knows with these morons.

I would love to see what these writers would have done with Kane Undertaker from 98. That story line would have lasted 2 weeks. Hell, they would have had the Sting vs. Hogan fued last one full month.

58kcfan89
09-06-2011, 01:54 AM
I just want to hang out with Ricardo and bake cookies or something.

How about watch a few movies?

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/572256-ricardo-rodriguez-extra-porn.html

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz5avUzXc1qfjkvio1_500.jpg

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz5avUzXc1qfjkvio2_500.jpg

And Raw really sucked. Intrigued by the Punk-HHH match, but holy shit, they're rushing it...

keg in kc
09-09-2011, 03:01 PM
...-- There is a story here (http://fayobserver.com/articles/2011/09/08/1121382?sac=Home) on the Jeff Hardy case that includes all the details about what happened to lead to his arrest. Allegedly, Hardy met with a fan after a wrestling show in September 2009 and the fan offered to send him drugs, which were mailed in a Maxwell House coffee can. The postal authorities found the package suspicious, opened the can, viewed the contents (262 hydrocodone pills), sealed it back up and delivered it as scheduled. As soon as Jeff signed to accept the package, cops raided his house and found all of the other drugs. The fan, Thomas Ray Cruz, from Florida, is out on $50,000 bond and is awaiting a November court date.

-- And Jeff Hardy is still employed.

Simply Red
09-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Wrestling is all fake.

Simply Red
09-09-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm joking before you all lose it on me, thanks

TrickyNicky
09-09-2011, 07:26 PM
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x6CCMiPTMSs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x6CCMiPTMSs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

58kcfan89
09-09-2011, 11:24 PM
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x6CCMiPTMSs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x6CCMiPTMSs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I love that movie.

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2011, 09:04 PM
oh my god shut the fuck uppppppp

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Okay, that was ultimately kind of adorable aside from the waste of 10 minutes at the start. I ignored the rest of Raw* and assume that was the right decision.

*watched the Pats with my roommates, lol

keg in kc
09-12-2011, 09:12 PM
You know I love punk, but that was like the death of a thousand cuts. For the audience.

Although I did like that he laid him out at the end. Although that means Punk probably loses Sunday. Also liked tease that HHH isn't as in charge as he thinks.

Not sure how that segment would sell any buys though.

I wonder where the hell this is going.

(Writer's team is probably saying the same thing)

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2011, 09:16 PM
I'd have to imagine it's going to be Nash interference or some other HHH fuckery to cost Punk the match and solidify the face/heel divide (or rather, um, establish one). Or maybe that makes too much sense and Trips goes over clean and Punk gets fed to Orton on Smackdown, who knows.

keg in kc
09-12-2011, 09:21 PM
I'd have to imagine it's going to be Nash interference or some other HHH ****ery to cost Punk the match and solidify the face/heel divide (or rather, um, establish one). Or maybe that makes too much sense and Trips goes over clean and Punk gets fed to Orton on Smackdown, who knows.I'm still thinking Nash interference leading to a three-way for hell in a cell (assuming he's cleared by then). Alternate idea (or well, could still work in that scenario, too) is that Johnny Ace is trying to take over. Hence the mics being off tonight at the end. So he lets Nash into the building for the interference, and Nash screws HHH, ostensibly because he doesn't like "suit" Hunter (i.e. the "job" has changed him) and wants his friend back.

Plus injecting Nash back into it gives you your heel, and people will stop being quite as confused about who they're supposed to be cheering for. Then you can start the slow turn of HHH for survivor series.

I had no idea the 's' was silent in 'levesque'.

NJChiefsFan
09-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Anybody still curious about why the showed Stephanie last month or so? Seems useless to show her those few times and thats it. Would be awesome if she interfered and cost HHH the COO position for herself or some guy she is cheating on him with. Thats Attitude Era stuff I suppose.

Agree that I liked the tease about HHH maybe not having full control. That back and forth with him and Punk just went around and around and around. Thought overall Punk lost that one. HHH said he just won the fans over recently and Punk just ignored it.

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2011, 12:10 PM
happy day

http://i.imgur.com/rLG81.jpg

loochy
09-13-2011, 01:26 PM
happy day

http://i.imgur.com/rLG81.jpg

Yeah right.

Halfway through destroying New York he stopped to put on pants, then later he stops to put on his do-rag, and at the end he puts on his t-shit? I think not. That picture is fake.