PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42

NJChiefsFan
01-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Man the Miz is not working as a face. That segment with Flair was bad. The sad thing for me is that even with Flair back, I never get to see my favorite thing he does.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nwy5u-6VHQQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
01-21-2013, 07:12 PM
That punk promo was money on so many levels.

I love the irony that the heel in vince mcmahon's world is the guy who works at being the best wrestler.

keg in kc
01-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Punk was good. Rock was good. Fucking Cena at the end almost killed the show. Just gawd awful.

keg in kc
01-23-2013, 12:01 PM
So apparently the "next ric flair" gimmick was originally going to be ziggler. But because they decided to run with del rio as the top babyface, it went to miz instead.

miz.

I'm trying not to imagine how great ziggler would have been in the role.

NJChiefsFan
01-23-2013, 08:31 PM
So apparently the "next ric flair" gimmick was originally going to be ziggler. But because they decided to run with del rio as the top babyface, it went to miz instead.

miz.

I'm trying not to imagine how great ziggler would have been in the role.

Yeah, Ziggler would have killed it. Miz as a face needs to stop. His attempt at fanboy with Flair was really annoying.

Cmd'r&Chief
01-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Yeah, Ziggler would have killed it. Miz as a face needs to stop. His attempt at fanboy with Flair was really annoying.

Agreed

Jerm
01-23-2013, 09:00 PM
So anyone think there's ANY chance Punk retains Sunday?

For me, Punk/Taker streak v. streak is THE money match for WM...but I don't think they have the balls to do that. Hell that match could be the perfect opportunity to turn Cena heel too.

NJChiefsFan
01-23-2013, 09:04 PM
So anyone think there's ANY chance Punk retains Sunday?

For me, Punk/Taker streak v. streak is THE money match for WM...but I don't think they have the balls to do that. Hell that match could be the perfect opportunity to turn Cena heel too.

Is there still the chance Taker isn't even wrestling this year? I find it realistic considering I have tickets and he was my favorite of the attitude era.

As for the possibilities, I didn't think so until recently. Still I think they want to have Rock vs. Cena for the title at Mania. Cena going heal there to get his belt back after 1.5 years of poor results would be something. I have always hated Cena, but I think I am being objective in saying that he has gotten boring. It's not even fun to hate him anymore. I think even the fringe age group that was young enough to love him has even gotten bored of him a tad.

keg in kc
01-23-2013, 09:22 PM
I don't think there's any chance Punk wins Sunday, although Rock does lay him out on Smackdown (the last person to stand tall before a PPV usually loses in WWE). And they are setting it up with him as the underdog going in, with Shield in storyline not being able to interfere.

I think it would be great if Punk lasted through to mania as champion, but I just don't see them doing it. But man would I love a smarmy "I told you so" punk promo on Monday.

The name nobody is mentioning right now is Brock Lesnar. I believe he still has dates on his contract. So he's coming back at some point. Maybe the money match for mania is Brock and Rock. Which would be good because neither one of them would be going over a regular. I guess theoretically you could have Rock beat Punk, and Brock win the Rumble as a surprise entrant. You'd have to find a way to get the belt off whoever wins at mania, though, since they're both temporary.

Cena was just unbelievably awful on Monday. Watch him win the Rumble.

NJChiefsFan
01-23-2013, 09:53 PM
Yeah I have been wondering what Brock is going to do at Mania. I have been thinking about Brock vs. Ryback, but I don't know if Brock is going to fight somebody without the big name.

Ultra Peanut
01-24-2013, 02:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OGlgT7m.jpg

p.s. miz flair is dumb as hell, and I actually kind of thought Miz had potential before his face turn.

p.p.s "all females despise each other" - Jerry Lawler, professional expert

Ultra Peanut
01-24-2013, 02:30 PM
... wait, what the fuck kind of ticket can be bought that allows you to go backstage and to the ring? MISTER THE ROCK YOU MAKE NO SENSE

edit: oh hey, Shield knows what's up! Thanks duders.

That punk promo was money on so many levels.

I love the irony that the heel in vince mcmahon's world is the guy who works at being the best wrestler.

Agreeeeeeeedo. I've been catching up on the past few weeks of tv (well, Raw) and it's been amazing to see Punk outshine one of the biggest names in the history of the business. And thanks to The Rock interacting with him, I'm now just two degrees from CM Punk. Be jealous.

Jamie
01-24-2013, 03:03 PM
I don't think there's any chance Punk wins Sunday, although Rock does lay him out on Smackdown (the last person to stand tall before a PPV usually loses in WWE). And they are setting it up with him as the underdog going in, with Shield in storyline not being able to interfere.

I think it would be great if Punk lasted through to mania as champion, but I just don't see them doing it. But man would I love a smarmy "I told you so" punk promo on Monday.

The name nobody is mentioning right now is Brock Lesnar. I believe he still has dates on his contract. So he's coming back at some point. Maybe the money match for mania is Brock and Rock. Which would be good because neither one of them would be going over a regular. I guess theoretically you could have Rock beat Punk, and Brock win the Rumble as a surprise entrant. You'd have to find a way to get the belt off whoever wins at mania, though, since they're both temporary.

Cena was just unbelievably awful on Monday. Watch him win the Rumble.

I actually think Punk will win, and then drop the title to the Rock at Elimination Chamber. Maybe Lesnar interferes at the Royal Rumble to help Punk, then enters the Elimination Chamber match and eliminates Punk, setting up Punk/Lesnar for Wrestlemania. Assuming they have enough Lesnar appearances to pull that off.

Ultra Peanut
01-24-2013, 03:12 PM
ALSO I LOVE FACE BERTO

http://i.imgur.com/BQ50hqH.gif

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2013, 06:11 PM
ppvoty

http://i.imgur.com/l7FLKWE.png

KingPriest2
01-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Is there a link to watch?

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2013, 07:46 PM
KANE IS A SON OF A BITCH

GLENN JACOBS YOU CAN GO STRAIGHT TO HELL

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Is there a link to watch?
Is on Firstrow.

dirk digler
01-27-2013, 08:03 PM
haha knew it

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2013, 08:05 PM
http://i.minus.com/i3LQJSDx6gskT.gif

Jerm
01-27-2013, 08:06 PM
This fucking company......

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2013, 08:08 PM
I mean, it was STUPID OBVIOUS the way they were building it. But I was hoping they were throwing a curveball. =[

keg in kc
01-27-2013, 08:33 PM
I mean, it was STUPID OBVIOUS the way they were building it. But I was hoping they were throwing a curveball. =[Like Ryback would've been any better. Dumbest gimmick in years.

Bad sign when the last 3 were them and Sheamus.

On the flip side, faces have won all night, so maybe Punk retains.

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Hoooooly fuck that looked bad.

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Brad Maddox found the light switch!

http://i.minus.com/inY5gFdh1QeFP.gif

keg in kc
01-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Rock has to hulk out of this.

keg in kc
01-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Wow, good guy wins!

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2013, 08:42 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Oh god I can't wait for a gif of Not Andy Richter's befuddled face.

keg in kc
01-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Lot of time left. More shenanigans?

keg in kc
01-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Yep. Vince out to strip him.

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2013, 08:43 PM
god damnit, fuck off vince >:[

keg in kc
01-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Oh geez.

Ultra Peanut
THIS IS JUST LIKE WHEN MEMPHIS GOT STRIPPED OF ITS WINS ON A RULE THAT WAS NEVER USED EVER AGAIN IN A SITUATION WHERE THE NCAA COULDN'T PROVE ANYTHING

keg in kc
Watch it be a quick rock bottom and win.

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2013, 08:45 PM
fffffffffffeh

keg in kc
01-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Well, if they didn't do it tonight, they were going to do it tomorrow, so it doesn't make that big a difference. They're doing Rock/Cena.

keg in kc
01-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Fucking hate that.

Ultra Peanut
god i hate wrestling

keg in kc
All this so Cena can get his win back at mania. Makes me want to puke.

dirk digler
awesome

Sanka
01-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Rock sucks that was stupid

keg in kc
01-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Oh well, it was an interesting few weeks at least. Not much point in watching now though. Punk's back to the mid-card and the shitty Cena/Rock promos start tomorrow.

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2013, 08:51 PM
someone pls txt me when vince is cold and buried with a stake through his heart and a bullet through his decapitated head

Sanka
01-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Oh well, it was an interesting few weeks at least. Not much point in watching now though. Punk's back to the mid-card and the shitty Cena/Rock promos start tomorrow.
This, Punk made it interesting the Rock is and will always be corny

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2013, 09:02 PM
Watch it be a quick rock bottom and win.

LOOK HOW WRONG YOU WERE

mcaj22
01-27-2013, 09:05 PM
zzzzzzzz Rock and Cena at WM two guys that cant work their way out of a paper bag and have the skill set of about 3 moves total

boring.

Jerm
01-27-2013, 09:14 PM
*sigh* fuck this company....

mcaj22
01-27-2013, 09:15 PM
youd think Scooter was running the WWE with these terrible management decisions

big nasty kcnut
01-27-2013, 09:17 PM
I blame scott pioli

Mr. Arrowhead
01-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Seriously cm punk is the champ for over 14 months and he loses to a elbow drop

Captain Obvious
01-27-2013, 09:40 PM

That was the worst part about the entire night. So dumb.

KC_Connection
01-27-2013, 09:50 PM
The Rock haters remind me of Tiger Woods haters. Just can't accept that nobody but the diehards watch for the other guys.

Al Bundy
01-27-2013, 10:07 PM
No replay up yet.

keg in kc
01-27-2013, 10:45 PM
The Rock haters remind me of Tiger Woods haters. Just can't accept that nobody but the diehards watch for the other guys.I like the Rock. My problem is more with having a repeat of the "once in a lifetime" Cena-Rock wrestlemania feud.

From a business perspective, it makes a ton of sense for the belt to be on Rock heading into wrestlemania. He's more mainstream than anybody in the company. I get that. It means tons more for him to have it than it does for CM Punk to be the champion, when they're using Rock for the next three months to build to mania as he promos his movies.

But the end result of this is going to be Cena getting the belt.

That's what I hate.

Rock is gone in April. SuperCena is back as of today. And that makes WWE much, much less interesting for anybody over the age of 5.

They're falling into the same trap yet again. The approach isn't doing anything to build new stars. It's the John Cena show, with everybody else getting guest star billing. And he just plain sucks.

(Literally. He may have delivered the worst promo I've ever seen last Monday).

mcaj22
01-27-2013, 10:53 PM
the problem with this is that,

a) putting the belt on the Rock means the Rock has to show up for all Raw dates, will he even do that? He didnt even do that on the road to Wrestlemania last year. Yes I know hes got a new GI Joe movie to promote in March, but that also means TONS of on the road Hollywood promoting as well, television interviews, and commitments outside of the WWE. Is this what you want your "current" champ to be doing? Guys like Cena, Punk, Sheamus, Orton. They dont DO ANYTHING ELSE. So when they are the champ, they make that their #1 priority. The Rock has much bigger things to do and on his plate that committing to a WWE belt imo.

2) The Rock and names like that (Taker, HHH, whoever) are gone the day WM ends. April, June, July the company takes a HUGE dip in viewers, etc because all the names that they rely on to carry their ratings to WM just leave. And thus, it goes back to guys like Punk to carry a WWE Raw and no named April pay per view because everyone over the age of 40 leaves.

This has been a huge developmental block for the WWE for the last 5 years following this formula. None of the young talent can get built up, because they keep going back to the 40 year olds for ratings, and then when they all leave after March, the product is watered down with a bunch of guys that werent put over. So they build them up and then come the new year put them back down to mid card for the 40 year old names again.

It's an awful model and pretty soon with the names are too old or too injured *cough Undertaker* there wont be anyone to carry their marquee pay per view anymore.

mcaj22
01-27-2013, 10:55 PM
oh correct that, he actually has TWO movies coming out between February and March

and hes going to be at WWE while he has two obligations by Hollywood studios to promote their products as Dwayne the Hollywood actor?

I find this very hard to believe he will be around much until like 3 weeks before WM.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 12:42 AM
Rock's scheduled for tons and tons of dates between now and mania. Many more than last year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-28-2013, 12:52 AM
I haven't watched the product in a solid three years. That said, I've been plowing through WWE bios on Netflix as I battle insomnia the last few weeks, so I've been glancing at this thread with mildly piqued interest.

Is the disdain for Rock because he's a derivative PG-version of himself, because he's going to dump the belt to Cena for another reign of terror, or because he beat Punk?

Second question and third question: I watched Orton's bio the other night, which was odd because it actually stayed in kayfabe while being a legit bio. He said his first suspension was actually due to an overdose on sleeping pills, whereas the going story was always that he got caught smoking weed backstage.

Did he actually OD on sleeping pills, or was he caught using other substances as well? Secondly, when he got suspended last year, was it due to 'roids and pot or other drugs?

kthxbye.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 12:58 AM
Just to add my "what I'd have done instead": I'd have had Punk retain, leading to a match with Undertaker at mania, belt streak versus mania streak. Taker wins, retires and vacates title. Punk's a bigger star for retaining versus Rock and main eventing versus Taker, even with a loss at mania.

I have no idea who Punk feuds with now. I can't imagine anything that will be worth a damn. I guess he'll be one of the guys in the EC match, but after that? Who in the world is there for him to feud with. He has to be going back to the mid card and some obscure match down at the bottom of the mania card.

Taker? No idea if he's even wrestling. We'll probably find out tomorrow. I hope it's not HHH again. But who am I kidding. It's HHH again.

Like I said, I get Rock having the belt. Maybe he can make it a big deal. But he and Cena don't need a title to establish the main event. And I can't imagine anything worse than the belt inevitably ending up on Cena so he can go on an even longer title reign than Punk.

The Rumble match tonight did absolutely nothing for anybody. Put Ziggler over, he has the briefcase and the Rumble win. Has that ever happened? Hotshot him going into wrestlemania. Find another way to get Cena involved with the Rock. Put somebody else over. But no, they do the absolute worst thing possible, have it end up with Ryback, Sheamus and Cena. Ziggler loses again. Because that's all he ever does. Because that's what Vince does to establish people. And it never, ever works. They should've turned him, given him the New Flair gimmick, put him on a win streak, kept Miz a heel.

Of course I'm the minority here. In the big picture, joe sixpack average fan probably loved that faces won every match tonight, and the same old guys are back at the top again.

NJChiefsFan
01-28-2013, 06:24 AM

ROFL when you put it like that.

Taker? No idea if he's even wrestling. We'll probably find out tomorrow. I hope it's not HHH again. But who am I kidding. It's HHH again.

Ugh, please know. I figured it would be HHH/Lesnar at Mania.

I can't wait to go Mania only to watch the inevitable Cena win over Rock. The only hope is the microscopic chance of a heal turn.

Superturtle
01-28-2013, 06:30 AM
Apparently ATM its Jericho/Ryback for Wrestlemania. LMAO?

CoMoChief
01-28-2013, 06:31 AM
PG Rock is almost unwatchable.

The Attitude Era "Corporate" Champion Rock is what's needed for TV.

I know that SCSA "shouldn't" be able to wrestle again.

But there is a much needed Rock vs Stone Cold WM........"One more match"

Swanman
01-28-2013, 07:40 AM
I am biased as I am a huge fan, but if WWE had any balls they would have Punk end Taker's streak at WM. By having Taker continue to beat people at WM helps nobody other than his own ego. It is a long and storied tradition that wrestlers leave the business with their shoulders pinned to pass the torch to the next guy. So if Taker is retiring, Punk should be that guy to get the torch.

The storyline is simple. Punk comes out, says he had a legendary streak with the world title belt, now he is aiming higher and going after THE streak.

CoMoChief
01-28-2013, 07:44 AM
I am biased as I am a huge fan, but if WWE had any balls they would have Punk end Taker's streak at WM. By having Taker continue to beat people at WM helps nobody other than his own ego. It is a long and storied tradition that wrestlers leave the business with their shoulders pinned to pass the torch to the next guy. So if Taker is retiring, Punk should be that guy to get the torch.

The storyline is simple. Punk comes out, says he had a legendary streak with the world title belt, now he is aiming higher and going after THE streak.

no

Sanka
01-28-2013, 08:22 AM
Is the disdain for Rock because he's a derivative PG-version of himself, because he's going to dump the belt to Cena for another reign of terror, or because he beat Punk?

Never been a fan of the Rock, hell I cant stand Cena either but I found myself cheering for him at WM last year vs Rock.

Reaper16
01-28-2013, 09:06 AM
WWE has no respect for their own product. I'm still mad at that finish. Like, actual seething anger. A retired wrestler -- a Hollywood actor -- has two matches in the last 10 years and they both are victories against your kayfabe two "best" wrestlers? A fucking actor comes in and ends Punk's 434-day title reign with an elbow drop? That shows disrespect, even contempt, for your current roster. It makes every single active WWE wrestler look kayfabe pathetic.

Ending Punk's reign should have been something that makes a new star out of someone. Having The Rock end it (in such a terribly executed way to boot) doesn't help your product at all.

Is there anyone on planet Earth who is going to buy Wrestlemania now that the WWE championship is on the line with Cena/Rock II that WASN'T already going to buy Wrestlemania with just a no-belt Cena/Rock II match on the card?

It's so fucking easy to make WWE programming both compelling and profitable, and WWE just can't stay out of their own way.

Reaper16
01-28-2013, 09:11 AM
My watch party seemed to think that we were still headed for Punk/Undertaker at 'Mania. That match would have been ten times more compelling if Punk still had the title. A reigning, defending WWE champion for 500+ days coming in to take on The Streak? Awesome. Keg is absolutely right here. You have to give audiences a reason to think that Undertaker could lose.

How is an audience supposed to feel threatened by CM Punk now? He hasn't won clean on a PPV in like half a year, and his whole gimmick has been "my belt means I'm better than you." Now that he doesn't have the belt how's he supposed to be compelling (I have faith he'll figure something out).

I'm mostly sad that Punk's title reign -- THE story of 2012 -- had no satisfying narrative resolution. You could argue that the man he attacked to turn heel was the one who ended the reign, and that provides some resolution, but I don't buy it. You build up Punk to have a reign of terror and it gets snuffed out. Ended T.S. Eliot style, not with a bang but a whimper.

dirk digler
01-28-2013, 09:21 AM
WWE has no respect for their own product. I'm still mad at that finish. Like, actual seething anger. A retired wrestler -- a Hollywood actor -- has two matches in the last 10 years and they both are victories against your kayfabe two "best" wrestlers? A fucking actor comes in and ends Punk's 434-day title reign with an elbow drop? That shows disrespect, even contempt, for your current roster. It makes every single active WWE wrestler look kayfabe pathetic.

Ending Punk's reign should have been something that makes a new star out of someone. Having The Rock end it (in such a terribly executed way to boot) doesn't help your product at all.

Is there anyone on planet Earth who is going to buy Wrestlemania now that the WWE championship is on the line with Cena/Rock II that WASN'T already going to buy Wrestlemania with just a no-belt Cena/Rock II match on the card?

It's so fucking easy to make WWE programming both compelling and profitable, and WWE just can't stay out of their own way.

I agree that the way Punk lost was stupid and that it is somewhat disrespectful to the guys that bust their ass everyday to have Rock win the title when he is only there maybe 5-10 days a year.

On the flip side it is all about the Benjamin's and with Rock having the title while promoting his movies will help the WWE.

Reaper16
01-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Also, WWE Champions are expected to wrestle house shows. You think Dwayne is going to go on the road? Nope. Think about if you were a paying customer, who two months ago bought a ticket for you and a ticket for each of your two sons, for a house show near you. You aren't even going to see the company champion for your money. Unprecedented, as far as I know.

mcaj22
01-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Rock's scheduled for tons and tons of dates between now and mania. Many more than last year.

so was Brock Lesnar and look how that turned out.

The Rock has two movies out and whatever promotion schedule Hollywood demands of him so we will see how juggles both. Hollywood hates his wrestling schedule and that is a fact, it has come out a few times how they dont want him near the WWE when a movie drops so they can go send him on a promo tour, cause that's how movie studios work.

It's the same with Jericho and his crappy metal band. If he wants to tour, he goes and tours for music, not wrestling.

mcaj22
01-28-2013, 09:41 AM
the only way Punk can be put over now or become credible is if Austin ever comes back and puts him over. Other than that, they buried him just like they do the rest of the roster when the 5 guys they want come back and walk all over people (Rock, Taker, Triple H, Brock, Cena, etc)

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 10:44 AM
so was Brock Lesnar and look how that turned out.No, brock had a limited number of dates that had to be stretched out over a calendar year. That's why you haven't seen him.

(Of course they also made the mistake of having Cena beat him, which just about killed any interest.)

Swanman
01-28-2013, 10:51 AM
My watch party seemed to think that we were still headed for Punk/Undertaker at 'Mania. That match would have been ten times more compelling if Punk still had the title. A reigning, defending WWE champion for 500+ days coming in to take on The Streak? Awesome. Keg is absolutely right here. You have to give audiences a reason to think that Undertaker could lose.

How is an audience supposed to feel threatened by CM Punk now? He hasn't won clean on a PPV in like half a year, and his whole gimmick has been "my belt means I'm better than you." Now that he doesn't have the belt how's he supposed to be compelling (I have faith he'll figure something out).

I'm mostly sad that Punk's title reign -- THE story of 2012 -- had no satisfying narrative resolution. You could argue that the man he attacked to turn heel was the one who ended the reign, and that provides some resolution, but I don't buy it. You build up Punk to have a reign of terror and it gets snuffed out. Ended T.S. Eliot style, not with a bang but a whimper.

You would need a completely focused/maniacal Punk that is consumed with Taker and the streak over the next couple months. Similar to the Straight Edge Society Punk, just amped up quite a bit. I think it would be terrific, but what they will probably do is have Punk job to Santino in the pre-show.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 10:54 AM
You would need a completely focused/maniacal Punk that is consumed with Taker and the streak over the next couple months. Similar to the Straight Edge Society Punk, just amped up quite a bit. I think it would be terrific, but what they will probably do is have Punk job to Santino in the pre-show.That's daniel bryan now that he and kane are breaking up. Loses in 3 seconds to a cobra to break sheamus' record.

I'm trying to think about possibilities for the mania card outside of rock-cena and I'm drawing a blank. What faces do they have on the roster right now? Orton? Sort of. Miz? Ugh. Kofi? No main event faces at all.

Captain Obvious
01-28-2013, 10:55 AM
I know they can't do it for this year's Mania, but I hope to see a build toward a Punk/Bryan feud. Those two would crush it.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 11:04 AM
I'd love a punk/bryan feud, too, but they'd bury them so far down the card that we'd be lucky if they got 5 minutes in the ring.

I just at some point want Bryan to stop being a comedy character.

Reaper16
01-28-2013, 11:08 AM
That's daniel bryan now that he and kane are breaking up. Loses in 3 seconds to a cobra to break sheamus' record.

I'm trying to think about possibilities for the mania card outside of rock-cena and I'm drawing a blank. What faces do they have on the roster right now? Orton? Sort of. Miz? Ugh. Kofi? No main event faces at all.

Sheamus, Del Rio, and Ryback are all "top" faces.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Ahh, del rio. I forgot about him.

They need to do Sheamus and Barrett.

Ryback needs to disappear from the face of the earth.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Vince is giving Heyman a "performance review" tonight. I can't imagine that leads to anything good.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 01:20 PM
So we're probably looking at Rock/Cena, HHH/Lesnar and Sheamus/Orton.

Either Jericho/Ryback or Jericho/Ziggler. I'd rather it be Ziggler, because Jericho can stay face after last night, it would be a fantastic match, and he won't get squashed in 5 seconds.

Punk and...Taker still the talk. Not sure how they get to there from last night. The Shield will have to do something tonight (beat down Vince during Heyman's segment?) but I'm not sure how you build a feud with Taker coming off a loss like last night. You'd have to think if Shawn Michaels is involved, it will be in HHH's match, not Taker's, so beating him up wouldn't make sense. They could have feasibly set up the lights going down last night as Taker and not Shield, costing Punk the title, so Punk's out for revenge, but they didn't do that (did they? I couldn't actually see what was happening). Taker ends his streak, so he wants to end Taker's.

NJChiefsFan
01-28-2013, 02:21 PM
So we're probably looking at Rock/Cena, HHH/Lesnar and Sheamus/Orton.

Either Jericho/Ryback or Jericho/Ziggler. I'd rather it be Ziggler, because Jericho can stay face after last night, it would be a fantastic match, and he won't get squashed in 5 seconds.

Punk and...Taker still the talk. Not sure how they get to there from last night. The Shield will have to do something tonight (beat down Vince during Heyman's segment?) but I'm not sure how you build a feud with Taker coming off a loss like last night. You'd have to think if Shawn Michaels is involved, it will be in HHH's match, not Taker's, so beating him up wouldn't make sense. They could have feasibly set up the lights going down last night as Taker and not Shield, costing Punk the title, so Punk's out for revenge, but they didn't do that (did they? I couldn't actually see what was happening). Taker ends his streak, so he wants to end Taker's.

I like your thought process on attempting to connect Taker and Punk. I think if that was to happen they would have had to sprinkle in some seeds ahead of time about what would make Taker want to do that. I think Jericho/Ziggler would be awesome.

As for saying Taker is being selfish, I am not the most knowledgeable about backstage stuff, but from everything I have ever heard Taker takes care of the young guys. Hell he barely ever fights for the belt. I don't think its being selfish. Besides, I think most fans, even the older ones, would be upset if Taker lost.

Reaper, we also were wondering last night what is going to happen at the house shows. If they were going to make Punk lose it I wish they had him win and then lose it to the Rock at Chamber. Then you could stick in the wrinkle of Taker and connect Taker and Punk.

It is pretty difficult to build any fear of Taker losing. Killing Punk like this only makes it worse. You already have an obvious finish coming in the main event(Cena/Rock).

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 02:48 PM
You could have Punk beat him, which would establish him in a way that beating Rock at the Rumble wouldn't have. It's "the streak" after all, all the immortal/magical gobbledygook, and a win there would be huge. But as big a Punk fan as I am, if the streak ever ends (and should it at this point?) is he really the right guy for it? He's an established (semi-)main eventer, and he's 35.

And I don't know what putting him in the match just to continue the streak does for him going forward. He's lost the title streak already. Does a mania loss do him any good at all.

Seeing where they go with him tonight is literally the only reason I'm watching. I could not possibly care less about Cena and Rock. I've always been a big Rock fan, but it being Cena again just kills my interest (and yes, I knew it was coming, months ago). I don't need to see back and forth juvenile jokes. The good thing about the Punk/Rock build was that Rock did his schtick, Punk was serious as a heart attack, and he got Rock serious by the end. Cena just can't do that. It's all fart jokes with him.

NJChiefsFan
01-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Yeah, this Rock Cena feud is going to play out as predictable as it did the last time. What will Ryback do for Mania? Something with the Shield?

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Yeah, this Rock Cena feud is going to play out as predictable as it did the last time. What will Ryback do for Mania? Something with the Shield?Jericho, according to Meltzer.

I'm liking the idea of the lights out as a swerve of some kind last night more and more. Have Punk come on tonight and announce The Shield wasn't even in the building and that Vince totally screwed him. Good angry promo.

Not sure how you could tie Undertaker to that, though. He has no reason to attack the Rock that I can think of, so there's some logic holes.

Al Bundy
01-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Punk NEEDED to leave last night as the champion and face The Taker at WM and beat him.

mcaj22
01-28-2013, 04:08 PM
No, brock had a limited number of dates that had to be stretched out over a calendar year. That's why you haven't seen him.

(Of course they also made the mistake of having Cena beat him, which just about killed any interest.)

yea it was like 20-25 dates and he fulfilled like half of that and now they just signed him to a 2 year deal lol

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Jericho, according to Meltzer.

I'm liking the idea of the lights out as a swerve of some kind last night more and more. Have Punk come on tonight and announce The Shield wasn't even in the building and that Vince totally screwed him. Good angry promo.

Not sure how you could tie Undertaker to that, though. He has no reason to attack the Rock that I can think of, so there's some logic holes.

Wouldn't the most logical and helpful explanation for buyrates and the current product be to say that Cena turned out the lights to punish Rock for beating him last year and move him out of the picture, but that it backfired? This would allow you to set up a triple threat match that involves your main attraction, your best talent and your biggest merch draw and turn Cena heel if that's what you wanted to do.

mcaj22
01-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Wouldn't the most logical and helpful explanation for buyrates and the current product be to say that Cena turned out the lights to punish Rock for beating him last year and move him out of the picture, but that it backfired? This would allow you to set up a triple threat match that involves your main attraction, your best talent and your biggest merch draw and turn Cena heel if that's what you wanted to do.

the triple threat essentially would be whoever is in the elimination chamber match this month for the title. they wont do the same for mania

im assuming this month it will be the Rock beating Punk, Ryback, Cena

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 05:00 PM
According to the observer's afternoon update, Brock and WWE have agreed to (but not yet signed) a 2-year deal, so expect tonight to setup the HHH-Brock rematch. Maybe Brock taking out Vince during the Heyman performance review.

And the plan is a CM Punk/Rock rematch at EC, not a chamber match for the title.

Regarding the Shield, it actually was them doing the run in last night, although they can always play it as being someone else.

They were apparently hidden under the ring.

Jericho is back through mania, and it's something they've been working on for a while, not a last-minute thing. Still looking like Jericho/Ryback.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Wouldn't the most logical and helpful explanation for buyrates and the current product be to say that Cena turned out the lights to punish Rock for beating him last year and move him out of the picture, but that it backfired? This would allow you to set up a triple threat match that involves your main attraction, your best talent and your biggest merch draw and turn Cena heel if that's what you wanted to do.I'd be really surprised if they ever turn Cena.

Sanka
01-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Wouldn't the most logical and helpful explanation for buyrates and the current product be to say that Cena turned out the lights to punish Rock for beating him last year and move him out of the picture, but that it backfired? This would allow you to set up a triple threat match that involves your main attraction, your best talent and your biggest merch draw and turn Cena heel if that's what you wanted to do.http://wrestleshare.com/?di=0YTW

Jerm
01-28-2013, 05:09 PM
I think the thing that angers me the most is that you had the chance to go in new directions for WM and set up some awesome matches/storylines that could be very intriguing yet instead we get the same cookie cutter bullshit over and over again...the company just has no balls at all anymore...

That and the fact that NO MATTER WHAT they insist on continually shoving John Cena down people's throats even though he gets bigger heat than a lot of their heels and is shit on virtually everywhere...its ridiculous...

BTW the scenario I had for the Rumble leading into WM was...

Ziggler cashes in on Del Rio lasts night and wins the WHC...cuts the promo about unifying the title...and yadda yadda yadda, the Rumble plays out the same with Cena winning...

Brock costs The Rock the title against Punk and Punk retains...

On RAW...

Cena teases cashing in on Punk at WM but settles on Ziggler as that feud is already built up...

Rock gives one of his coked up promos and goes on a rampage demanding Brock, bam another feud and WM set up...

Punk comes out and cuts a promo about how he has nothing left to prove, he's beaten Cena, The Rock, blah blah blah and the lights go out....gong....Taker comes out and points at the WM sign as Punk shits himself or something like that.

Boom three main events set up for WM with the most intriguing one being streak vs. streak which with the right build up could've been epic IMO...

At Wrestlemania...

Cena takes the WHC off Ziggler...Rock gets his revenge...now for Punk/Taker...I would do...

Make it no DQ before Mania...tease UT about ready to pin Punk after hitting him with the Tombstone...lights go out...come back up with The Shield attacking Taker. Cena hits the ring to a big pop looking to make the save, and then have him FU (yeah I still call it that) Taker and give Punk the win, thus turning heel and helping end The Streak.

I think this way it would give Punk a big rub for ending the streak and give Cena's heel turn HUGE momentum based on how it was done and what it lead to...it'd be similar to Hogan.

Next night on RAW, have it revealed that Cena was running The Shield the entire time and that's why they "protected" Punk and Cena was Heyman's ace in the hole to ensure Punk's title reign continued. Convoluted and far fetched I know but they could make it work.

Punk and Cena now form the new "two man power trip" similar to HHH and Austin and they have both titles so basically them and The Shield run roughshot on the entire roster for the rest of the summer. This gives the Ortons, Sheamus', HHH's, etc. occupied...hell this would even give a reason to turn Brock face and have him chase one or both. They'd be like the new nWo or something like that...it'd give us something fresh and unpredictable for once.

Hell have them basically rule the company until next year's Mania and then do Cena/Punk vs. Rock/Brock or Rock/Austin or you know something like that.

I would've much preferred something like that...

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 05:14 PM
They weren't ever going to go in a new direction because the reality is that, as much as we dudes talking about it on the 'net might think it's boring, it's probably going to be the biggest mania of all time, both gate and ppv. They went with what they saw as the money matches, and they're probably right. Unfortunately. Because joe sixpack sees wrestling the same way that vince does. And in vince's world daniel bryan is a short, small, goat-faced midget and not the legit best worker in the world, and he sees cm punk as a scrawny geek who doesn't deserve to be in the ring with physical specimen like rock and cena. It's sad, but we're the fans of the underdogs, and 99% of everyone else loves what happened last night.

chiefscafan
01-28-2013, 05:26 PM
I think it's stupid too cena is annoying who really wants to see cena and rock 2. But I didnt want punk to turn either I thought he was awesome as a face against mgmt much like Austin use to be.

Sanka
01-28-2013, 05:46 PM
I think it's stupid too cena is annoying who really wants to see cena and rock 2. But I didnt want punk to turn either I thought he was awesome as a face against mgmt much like Austin use to be.
Punk as a heel or face is the man, just wish they wouldnt make him such a coward in the heel role.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Punk as a heel or face is the man, just wish they wouldnt make him such a coward in the heel role.letting him win clean occasionally would be nice. But that's an overall problem in WWE. Heels never win clean. Hell, basically nobody aside from Cena ever wins clean with any regularity.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Oooh, angry punk. Good start.

58kcfan89
01-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Haven't been on here for awhile, and I can't really add much that hasn't already been said... But why in the hell do they have to make this so difficult to build up new guys?

I was watching The Rock's documentary from last year & he said the same thing Austin said, the same thing Punk has said & the same thing that HHH has said. Give a guy a mic, let him be himself, turn up the volume and give him a chance. Odds are, he'll make it work if it's going to work. Don't understand why they can't do this with some of the younger talent on the roster and instead keep going back to the old guys for ratings at Mania, only to see the ratings drop after the fact.

I know he's been the Champ for 400whatever days, but I still feel like Punk isn't a legit main eventer in Vince's eyes. Wouldn't shock me to see him back to the upper-midcard & jobbing at Mania to someone who doesn't need the win (Taker, I guess). I think that's what depressed me most after last night.

If we have to use the old guys/part timers for Mania, here's what I'd go with:

Punk v. Brock
Cena v. Taker
Rock v. Ziggler

All 3 matches we haven't seen, all 3 main event caliber & there's something to gain for everybody IMO. But I guess WWE true fan would rather see rematches galore.

Was tempted to finally make the trip to Mania this year, seeing as how I love visiting NY & it's on my friend's birthday. Told him I'd make it up to him in a year where the card doesn't suck. FU, Vince/Cena/whoever likes this trash.

...It's times like this I'm mad that Punk cut that promo a year & a half ago. Had he not done that & just left, I could have stopped watching wrestling, at least for awhile. Magnificent bastard.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Cena's on quite the shitty promo streak.

Al Bundy
01-28-2013, 07:11 PM
The Shield is terrible for the WWE. Zero working ability.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Love what they're doing with the Shield. Having them lay out Cena, Sheamus and Ryback all three is great. I thought for sure this was going to be the start of their eventual burial.

This is like getting a do-over on The Nexus, but doing it right this time.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 07:12 PM
The Shield is terrible for the WWE. Zero working ability.Reigns is the only green one. Ambrose and Rollins can both work their asses off if they're given the opportunity.

This isn't like a trio of Rybacks or something.

Al Bundy
01-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Reigns is the only green one. Ambrose and Rollins can both work their asses off if they're given the opportunity.

Ehhh.. not to me. Split them up and let them work, if they can actually work. If not they will fade off into oblivion.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Ehhh.. not to me. Split them up and let them work, if they can actually work. If not they will fade off into oblivion.Look up some old indy video from when they were Tyler Black and Jon Moxley.

Reaper16
01-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Ehhh.. not to me. Split them up and let them work, if they can actually work. If not they will fade off into oblivion.

Go to youtube, now. Search "Tyler Black"

Al Bundy
01-28-2013, 07:31 PM
I didn't realize that guy was Tyler Black. I remember some videos from about 3 years ago.. you never really get to see his face in some of those. Uhhmm yeah he should be wrestling by himself.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Rock and Punk have such a great dynamic. Especially when they get serious. Makes me sad that people want to hear Cena poop jokes instead of solid mic work like that.

Big fan of Punk's line about where he's going to be Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Subtle.

Reaper16
01-28-2013, 08:11 PM
"I'm gonna' stand up on stage like a punk ass bitch, because its cool to swear, ladies and gentlemen!"

Punk is so good.

Al Bundy
01-28-2013, 08:14 PM
CM Punk is the best in the business.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Surprised to see Sandow get so much offense on Sheamus. Expected a straight squash like with Cody Rhodes earlier.

mcaj22
01-28-2013, 08:31 PM
The Shield is terrible for the WWE. Zero working ability.

lol

Al Bundy
01-28-2013, 08:52 PM
lol

As a team they are not good. Individually they could be very good.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 09:17 PM
That end was pretty much perfect. I'm not sure at the dynamic they're trying to play between Lesnar and Heyman, but it was interesting. Easy set up for HHH.

Take away the diva match and the khali/3mb singing segment and that was actually a good ep.

Reaper16
01-28-2013, 09:22 PM
That end was pretty much perfect. I'm not sure at the dynamic they're trying to play between Lesnar and Heyman, but it was interesting. Easy set up for HHH.

Take away the diva match and the khali/3mb singing segment and that was actually a good ep.

The setup makes Brock look real dangerous. He's completely loyal to Heyman but Heyman can't control him. That's danger.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 09:51 PM
The curious dynamic will be how Punk fits in with all of this.

Quite the stable, Lesnar, Punk and the Shield. Masterminded by Heyman. They haven't done anything like that in a while.

Al Bundy
01-28-2013, 09:56 PM

Quite the stable, Lesnar, Punk and the Shield. Masterminded by Heyman. They haven't done anything like that in a while.

NOW that would be great... Punk would make that.

58kcfan89
01-28-2013, 10:05 PM

That would be awesome. I'm skeptical that they'll let me down, but what else is new?

Could also turn into an epic Punk v. Brock match down the line. Which I need to see.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 10:07 PM
It would never happen in a billion years, but I'm imagining sometime around summerslam, the shield are your tag team champions, punk is your wwe champion (getting it back from cena), lesnar is your heavyweight champion (like he'd be on smackdown, but this is fantasy booking damnit). They just destroy everyone. I can imagine the heat they'd build.

But no. We get John Cena winning the "impossible" match against the Rock. Another tag team like Hell No (not that I don't like them...) that probably hates each other and serves as comic relief, and...whoever's champ on smackdown.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 10:09 PM
I heard something earlier about there being several brock matches for later in the year being looked at. The one I remember was Orton (god, brock might break him, as gimpy as his shoulder is).

Punk and Brock would be entertaining, if just to see how Punk would work to make himself look competitive in that situation.

NJChiefsFan
01-28-2013, 10:56 PM
Big fan of Punk's line about where he's going to be Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Subtle.

I'm surprised he left it at that.

Surprised to see Sandow get so much offense on Sheamus. Expected a straight squash like with Cody Rhodes earlier.

I was disappointed they didn't let Cody do anything. I really liked his reaction to drawing Cena. I like both him and Sandow. Sandow just needs to get a little more witty.

Reaper16
01-28-2013, 10:59 PM
I think I'm seeing Punk on Saturday at the house show in Montgomery, AL. I'll let you guys know if Dwayne shows up.

keg in kc
01-28-2013, 11:00 PM
Cena has to be on something. He looked freaking juiced to the gills tonight, veins-a-popping.

CoMoChief
01-29-2013, 05:00 AM
I fell asleep so I missed the end of the KU game and Raw.

I missed the video of Heyman's Personal Performance Review. So I take it the video showed Lesnar/Heyman/The Shield was behind The Rock getting knocked out during the RR Title match?

Al Bundy
01-29-2013, 07:25 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0eTHJijJb6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

THIS guy takes fake wrestling far too seriously..

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2013, 07:54 AM
Okay, so I'm just sitting down to watch Raw on Hulu this morning and I was entertained by the Orton match in the beginning. I'm just finishing up watching Cena completely destroy Cody Rhodes. Cody looks all scared in the back after drawing him, tries to walk away after getting his ass kicked, then gets dusted after Cena goes out to get him in about 30 seconds.

I think I understand what you guys have been saying about SuperCena. So, does Rhodes just blow? He's got a good pedigree. And is Cena a face? Because he gets booed like a motherfucker. They can't even hide it.

Al Bundy
01-29-2013, 08:11 AM
Okay, so I'm just sitting down to watch Raw on Hulu this morning and I was entertained by the Orton match in the beginning. I'm just finishing up watching Cena completely destroy Cody Rhodes. Cody looks all scared in the back after drawing him, tries to walk away after getting his ass kicked, then gets dusted after Cena goes out to get him in about 30 seconds.

I think I understand what you guys have been saying about SuperCena. So, does Rhodes just blow? He's got a good pedigree. And is Cena a face? Because he gets booed like a mother****er. They can't even hide it.

Rhodes could be good.

dirk digler
01-29-2013, 08:13 AM
Cena has to be on something. He looked freaking juiced to the gills tonight, veins-a-popping.

He looked normal to me. What is your opinion on Daniel Bryan it seems to me he has gotten alot bigger since he came to the WWE. I am pretty sure he is using something.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2013, 08:16 AM
Liked the Big Show/Del Rio spot. That's a good build on a fued that's either been going, or getting started, I don't know. But it was compelling stuff.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2013, 08:17 AM
And here comes the guy that's got me back to watching. I figure with the belt, he's got to be around more, which is why I'm going to try and get caught up and watch at least until Wrestlemania. The fact it's on Hulu the next day makes it easier for me.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2013, 08:25 AM
Punk is genuinely one of the best heels I have EVER seen.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2013, 08:27 AM
I don't want to see Rock vs Cena. I want to see the conclusion of a Rock vs Punk fued. Fuck Cena in Wrestlemania.

Superturtle
01-29-2013, 08:29 AM
Yeah. Hopefully Steve Austin and Punk will feud. Would be some funny mic work.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2013, 08:31 AM
Loved Punk talking about being at road shows that The Rock is clearly not going to be at. As mentioned earlier this is probably the first time in history that a WWE Champion will not be a part of road shows.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2013, 08:32 AM
Yeah. Hopefully Steve Austin and Punk will feud. Would be some funny mic work.

It would be great except Austin can't get back in the ring so it'd just be a bunch of shit talking.

Superturtle
01-29-2013, 08:34 AM
It would be great except Austin can't get back in the ring so it'd just be a bunch of shit talking.
I think if they worked it carefully he could do one more. Its been talked about behind the scenes at least.

CoMoChief
01-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Austin vs The Rock WM

"One More Match"

Medically Austin won't be cleared...but it will be a "will" issue with him. If he feels like he can do it, he will.

Fans have hyped this since Rock was inducted into HOF.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2013, 09:28 AM
Austin vs The Rock WM

"One More Match"

Medically Austin won't be cleared...but it will be a "will" issue with him. If he feels like he can do it, he will.

Fans have hyped this since Rock was inducted into HOF.

No. I was blessed that that match was at the Wrestlemania in Seattle, and I was there, had good seats, and am thrilled to say I was there live for that match. I'm selfish. Don't want.

KC Tattoo
01-29-2013, 09:50 AM
U can't C me
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/miss_garfield/07f21bd8.gif

What? What do you mean I can't see you? You're right there in the fucking ring waving your hand in front of your face. I CAN SEE YOU, your and FUCKING IDIOT. So can the thousands in the arena watching you and the hundred thousand more sitting at home watching you on tv. Maybe millions of viewers IDK? They can see you just as good as I can fucking see you so stop saying "U can't C me" and hide your face behind your hand you stupid fuck.

You play that game with toddlers and they giggle at you for hiding your face behind your hand and then they make sad face then giggle again when you move the hand away. Guess what John Cena your not doing that game with a toddler your doing that game with people in the ring that end up kicking your sorry ass, because they can "C" you.

Even more people are going to watch your dumbass "U can't C me" bull shit lie at wrestlemania & watch you get your ass kicked again. Unless for some written reason you win then they will see that too, but they still see you.

Fuck you John Cena people can see you. You don't have invisibility power you sorry POS.

/ rant to make fun of John Cena & his dumb 'U can't C me'

Would like an expert oppionion on rant.

A = spot on
B = good effort
C = not bad
D = dumb
F = fucking Fail.

BigCatDaddy
01-29-2013, 09:53 AM
No. I was blessed that that match was at the Wrestlemania in Seattle, and I was there, had good seats, and am thrilled to say I was there live for that match. I'm selfish. Don't want.

Was that the match where SC pretty much didn't get in any offense? If it's the same match SCSA did his best Sandy Beach impression in that one. I remember the like WTF just happen moment after the Rock kicked his ass the entire match.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Was that the match where SC pretty much didn't get in any offense? If it's the same match SCSA did his best Sandy Beach impression in that one. I remember the like WTF just happen moment after the Rock kicked his ass the entire match.

That's how all the greats go out. They get their asses handed to them and pass the torch on to the next guy. It's history.

NJChiefsFan
01-29-2013, 10:12 AM

I think I understand what you guys have been saying about SuperCena. So, does Rhodes just blow? He's got a good pedigree. And is Cena a face? Because he gets booed like a mother****er. They can't even hide it.

I think Cody is a very good worker. There just isn't room for him right now. I like him with sandow for now. He is getting better on the mic.

BigCatDaddy
01-29-2013, 10:27 AM
That's how all the greats go out. They get their asses handed to them and pass the torch on to the next guy. It's history.

I don't think he went out after that. I think I remember a promo the next night where he said he got his ass kicked, but wanted some more the Rock.

CoMoChief
01-29-2013, 10:34 AM

You got to see greatness.

I on the other hand...got to watch Owen Hart die :(

Ultra Peanut
01-29-2013, 11:02 AM
I didn't watch Raw, and dunno that I will, but:

I'm mostly sad that Punk's title reign -- THE story of 2012 -- had no satisfying narrative resolution.This is why I feel like I need to just stop. They stumble upon these shockingly compelling ideas for stories, then cast them aside the second they look like they may be figuring out how to put it all together. Since I started watching again a year and a half ago, Punk has been involved in three angles that could've been HUGE, but instead this happens every time. Total fucking waste because they're afraid to leave their comfort zone even a little bit.

So, does Rhodes just blow? He's got a good pedigree.He's pretty rad.

And is Cena a face? Because he gets booed like a motherfucker. They can't even hide it."Love him or hate him, he always gets a reaction" is the longstanding company line.

His character never gets mad at being booed, he just laughs it off. His character never gets mad at anything, really. He just acts above it all and cracks jokes that make "Cookiepuss" look thought-provoking. Superman looks like an identifiable character compared to Cena (and I've hated Superman since I was a kid).

keg in kc
01-29-2013, 11:07 AM
I didn't watch Raw, and dunno that I will, but:Watch the first segment and watch the last segment. It's the best work Punk has done since his first pipe bomb promo.

Everything in between is disposable.

keg in kc
01-29-2013, 11:11 AM
Punk has maybe done more for the title in the last 24 hours than Cena did in all his years as champion. And he's not even holding it.

Remember when it used to be a hot-potato, and it would change every few weeks? We've had a champion for a long time now, and when he lost it, he got angry. Which you never see from guys who hold belts in WWE. The belts a big deal to him, and that's starting to make it a big deal to the people watching.

Ultra Peanut
01-29-2013, 11:13 AM
Sounds good.

One thing just hit me, re Cena/WWE booking in general: one of the most fascinating aspects about wrestling, to me, is the way the writing and performances interact with the live audience. Audience responses can revive pushes (YES! THEY CAN), they can cause gimmicks to be aborted. The crowd can make a match a classic or it can totally shit on a match. There's an implicit need to win over the crowd for a face and a need for heels to be able to make t he audience (or portions thereof) hate you.

And the face of the company is a guy who gets dueling chants in front of even the markiest crowds. The face of the company gets booed loudly, but just keeps literally(-ish) dropping shit on his opponents and making dumb misogynistic jokes* about them.

The supposed most hated man in the company over the past seven or eight months? Still gets a huge pop when his music hits.

SOMETHING IS WRONG THERE

*Not that the Rock doesn't compete with Cena for the overall Misogynist Jokery crown, natch

Punk has maybe done more for the title in the last 24 hours than Cena did in all his years as champion. And he's not even holding it.

Remember when it used to be a hot-potato, and it would change every few weeks? We've had a champion for a long time now, and when he lost it, he got angry. Which you never see from guys who hold belts in WWE. The belts a big deal to him, and that's starting to make it a big deal to the people watching.

It's also really weird that the only guys in the company who've seemed to genuinely give a shit about the title were (a) the conniving champion everyone on commentary kept running down as being unworthy to hold said title, and (b) the movie star who wanted the title again out of the blue a decade after leaving but at least gave a credibly intense promo that Cena never could've pulled off.

Ultra Peanut
01-29-2013, 11:16 AM
what i'm saying is, i hate double double e

Mr. Arrowhead
01-29-2013, 11:32 AM
I didnt have a huge problem with Rock winning (i wasnt rooting for him), but I still cant believe punk lost on 1 simple elbow drop after being champ for 14 months, I mean how many people kicked out of that move.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2013, 11:32 AM
Watch the first segment and watch the last segment. It's the best work Punk has done since his first pipe bomb promo.

Everything in between is disposable.

Maybe that's why I said he's the best heel I've ever seen. I just assumed he's been rocking that level of diatribe the whole time. I saw the first, and I saw last night, and I was mesmorized. I don't even know much about Punk, but I love him. He's amazing on the mic, and he can wrestle.

keg in kc
01-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Maybe that's why I said he's the best heel I've ever seen. I just assumed he's been rocking that level of diatribe the whole time. I saw the first, and I saw last night, and I was mesmorized. I don't even know much about Punk, but I love him. He's amazing on the mic, and he can wrestle.I meant everything between the first segment and last segment on raw last night was disposable.

(well, rock at 9 pm should be watched, too)

Punk's been great on the mic the entire time he's been champion.

keg in kc
01-29-2013, 11:47 AM
According to meltzer, the lesnar deal, when signed, will be through wrestlemania 2015. So two years, but three manias.

Ultra Peanut
01-29-2013, 11:56 AM
You got to see greatness.

I on the other hand...got to watch Owen Hart die :(

I saw The Rock at my 12th birthday party. And then a few years later saw Austin-McMahon in a cage (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_a4ikYgXj4) (plus a Rock/Foley match with things I still think about at random to this day). @_@

keg in kc
01-29-2013, 02:50 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sDPtQpFTMb4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jerm
01-29-2013, 03:05 PM
LOL of course ole Trips couldn't stay away and let The Rock have the spotlight...now we'll get him in another boring, pointless feud with Brock leading to Mania.

keg in kc
01-30-2013, 11:51 AM
El Generico's (finally) officially signed with WWE.

Swanman
01-30-2013, 12:39 PM
El Generico's (finally) officially signed with WWE.

It will be interesting to see whether or not they keep the mask on him. I doubt they will, but I have seen him without the mask, and he just looks like a normal skinny dude.

Swanman
01-30-2013, 12:59 PM
It seems HHH has realized that the indies are a fertile ground for talent, unlike Vince who normally thumbed his nose at the indies. If you look at some of the bigger names now, the following spend considerable time in the indies:

Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Antonio Cesaro
Dean Ambrose
Seth Rollins

There are reports that both Adam Cole (ROH) and Sami Callahan (Dragon Gate USA) have or have already had tryout matches. If WWE were smart, they would also make a run at Kevin Steen. Steen is not the prototype ripped wrestler (he is an athletic fatass) but he is gold on the mic and one of the best in-ring guys out there.

Superturtle
01-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Speaking of athletic fatasses why dont they go and gat Samoa Joe?

Reaper16
01-30-2013, 01:09 PM
It will be interesting to see whether or not they keep the mask on him. I doubt they will, but I have seen him without the mask, and he just looks like a normal skinny dude.

The El Generico gimmick would be huge in WWE. A Santino-style comedy guy who could also be a legit mid-card threat. Like a junior version of babyface Mankind/Dude Love.

Swanman
01-30-2013, 01:28 PM
The El Generico gimmick would be huge in WWE. A Santino-style comedy guy who could also be a legit mid-card threat. Like a junior version of babyface Mankind/Dude Love.

The guy has a helluva moveset. In the movie, pay attention to move #8 at about the 4 minute mark. That's my favorite.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mmK1i2JCIGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Captain Obvious
01-30-2013, 02:01 PM
He should come in as Jericho's cousin, Chris "El" Generico.

Captain Obvious
01-30-2013, 02:03 PM
Raw is Generico....it would be awesome. Come up with a storyline where he hit his head and now can only speak Spanish. Comedy gold.

Reaper16
02-04-2013, 11:28 AM
You guys, The Rock didn't come to Birmingham, AL yesterday to defend the WWE Championship at the house show I went to.

(Cesaro and Miz had an awesome, PPV-worthy no disqualification match though. Also, Jack Swagger was there and he won a match. ALSO, TENSAI IS A FACE NOW. He was doing dance moves from last Monday, he cut a face promo, and he beat Alex Riley to great cheers).

Mosbonian
02-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Lord is Raw boring tonight.....even Brock Lesner. There is hardly a more one-dimensional character than him. The only person worse was watching Goldberg....

And they continue to ruin CM Punk.....

Reaper16
02-04-2013, 08:59 PM
And they continue to ruin CM Punk.....

Ruin?

keg in kc
02-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Punk was great again tonight, and that match with Jericho was the best thing on Raw in ages.

I didn't like seeing both Cesaro and Barrett lose, it makes their titles look like the jokes they are, although I understand why they did, since they were facing two of the chosen three or four guys. Although Ryback is still an irritatingly bad, turn-the-channel heat gimmick and Sheamus has become the santa claus of fighting irishmen, all jovial and utterly uncaring about any of the titles (like all the top stars in WWE aside from Punk - HHH's influence...). Orton can't lose at this point because he's going to win the Chamber and go on to feud with Del Rio at mania.

I loved what Brock did to Miz, who continues to be the worst, most irritating wannabe face I've ever seen. Although I'm not entirely sure how he didn't kill him with furniture. I was really surprised to see no HHH tonight.

The end segment was exactly what I've been expecting to see happen to the Shield for weeks. They're about to go the way of the Nexus. Although there is some small glimmer of hope in that a) they didn't get destroyed, they ran (which is actually good - them left laying would have been infinitely worse) and b) Cole played up the idea that they'd get their revenge. So the damage done to their image tonight is not irreparable. Although it looks like Cena/Sheamus/Ryback will own them at the ppv.

I thought they were smart to play all the Rock promos during the show, to keep him in the audience's mind, but I thought it was also smart to not have Punk or anyone else emphasize that he wasn't there. (He is, last I heard, scheduled for every Raw between now and mania, and many smackdowns, so there's no point in making a big thing out of the one show he missed)

Glad to see Bruno finally getting his due.

big nasty kcnut
02-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Love cm punk yelling ask him to the ref like Jericho does.

keg in kc
02-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Love cm punk yelling ask him to the ref like Jericho does.Yeah, I'm surprised (well, okay not) that Cole didn't pick up on that in the commentary.

He did all kinds of great stuff in the match. Twirling his arm over his head before the aborted tornado ddt was pretty sweet too.

Captain Obvious
02-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Raw is Generico....it would be awesome. Come up with a storyline where he hit his head and now can only speak Spanish. Comedy gold.

Screw you guys, this is a great idea.

NJChiefsFan
02-05-2013, 01:49 AM
I loved what Brock did to Miz, who continues to be the worst, most irritating wannabe face I've ever seen. Although I'm not entirely sure how he didn't kill him with furniture. I was really surprised to see no HHH tonight.

So the damage done to their image tonight is not irreparable. Although it looks like Cena/Sheamus/Ryback will own them at the ppv.

"Watch out for the couch!!" -Cole

Haha, You could tell he was yelling it out as a hope for the Miz's safety vs. saying it as a commentator.

I thought it was a good sign that they physically encountered the big 3 and still got out of the ring fairly cleanly.

Thought the Rey vs. Bryan match was good tonight, even if I do despise Rey. Not sure if Alberto could have missed Big Show's head by a wider margin with that fire extinguisher if he tried.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Man. Sitting here watching Tuesday Morning Raw and I've got to say, Punk vs Jericho is fucking magic. I've never had the opportunity to see these two wrestle, and I know they have over and over and I can see why. Incredible.

big nasty kcnut
02-05-2013, 08:38 AM
I know right cm punk Y2J is sweet

58kcfan89
02-05-2013, 09:36 AM
You guys missed the best part of Raw. Late in the Punk-Jericho match, Punk looks at the crowd, chanting his name...

"First it was overrated, sit down, marks."

keg in kc
02-05-2013, 10:03 AM
You guys missed the best part of Raw. Late in the Punk-Jericho match, Punk looks at the crowd, chanting his name...

"First it was overrated, sit down, marks."That was the only one that Cole actually caught. Immediately started bantering with King about how Punk apparently had time to jaw with the fans.

Mosbonian
02-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Ruin?

Yes...ruin. The constant whining of being cheated out of the title...it's getting old.

I'd rather see more of the old Austin mentality, I don't get mad or whine, I just get even.

Now i will say the Jericho/Punk match was one of the best in a while. The real fun would be seeing a 3-way match between Jericho, Bryan and Punk.

And again....is Brock Lesner nothing more than Goldberg revisited?

Reaper16
02-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Yes...ruin. The constant whining of being cheated out of the title...it's getting old.

Unfortunately, that's just WWE style these days. If you're a heel, you have to be a coward. It's very restrictive. But I think Punk works within the WWE heel style remarkably well and is able to do fresh things in it.

CoMoChief
02-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Are they ever gonna go back to an attitude type era?

Is Linda McMahon done campaigning and running for public office?

There is so much gay about the WWE these days its unwatchable. Current stars bitching about Attitude era stars coming back and stealing the spotlight. There isn't one person other than Cena that you can consider a "larger than life" type of character. And Cena is a douchebag...but the WWE has no other choice than to ride his coat tails and see what happens. CM Punk would be in a dark match before the TV cameras started rolling if this was back in the attitude era.

There is simply zero star power in wrestling these days.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Unfortunately, that's just WWE style these days. If you're a heel, you have to be a coward. It's very restrictive. But I think Punk works within the WWE heel style remarkably well and is able to do fresh things in it.

If you want to stay a heel you have to be a chickenshit. WWE fans have loved badass heels for the last 15+ years.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-05-2013, 12:24 PM

There is so much gay about the WWE these days its unwatchable. Current stars bitching about Attitude era stars coming back and stealing the spotlight. There isn't one person other than Cena that you can consider a "larger than life" type of character. And Cena is a douchebag...but the WWE has no other choice than to ride his coat tails and see what happens. CM Punk would be in a dark match before the TV cameras started rolling if this was back in the attitude era.

You might have to come to grips with the fact that there aren't enough of you to make a sizable audience for Vince and co. The attitude era was supported largely by teen and young adult males--the same individuals who are now the UFC's largest demographic. With all of the information out there about CTE and brain trauma, plus Benoit, it doesn't make legal sense to go back to a hardcore style with chair shots to the head, gratuitous bumps, et. al. Given that, you have to target a receptive audience. For WWE, that means kids, which means you need to alter the nature of your programming.

If the choice is between 10 guys like you and 20 Cena-loving kids, a publicly traded company is choosing the latter. If the choice is between 20 guys like you and 20 Cena-loving kids, in the current medical and legal environment, the company is still choosing the latter.

keg in kc
02-05-2013, 12:27 PM
I love what Punk's doing. The idea of calling himself the champion, including the streak of days, and allowing the Rock to have a rematch is actually pretty fresh. He's not whining about being screwed, he's saying he never lost in the first place, and he's going to get his "physical" belt back at EC.

It may be too subtle for some of the Raw audience, however. He's doing a great job at getting himself booed though, although he has to insult the audience more and more to do it, which is only going to get him over more with the smarks. He's going to have a huge reaction at mania, which tends to be one of the more hardcore crowds of the year. I just hope it's in a high profile match, and not halfway down the card. I don't have any ideo who they'll have him work with, or how they'll keep his heat after he inevitably loses to the Rock clean again at the PPV.

Jerm
02-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Punk audibly calling fans marks = best thing ever lol

mcaj22
02-05-2013, 02:57 PM

not really

CM Punk would have a belt in the Attitude Era, that Era had more than TWO BELTS THAT MEANT SOMETHING.

Some of the best matches of the Attitude Era are with the IC, Hardcore and Tag Team titles. It's not even close. Punk would have had one if not all.

Mid cards in the attitude era were just as big as the main eventers today

Swanman
02-05-2013, 03:52 PM
not really

CM Punk would have a belt in the Attitude Era, that Era had more than TWO BELTS THAT MEANT SOMETHING.

Some of the best matches of the Attitude Era are with the IC, Hardcore and Tag Team titles. It's not even close. Punk would have had one if not all.

Mid cards in the attitude era were just as big as the main eventers today

Don't forget the European title. In the beginning, that was a fairly important belt. Over time, it becamse useless like the hardcore title.

Back in the 80's, the IC belt had many more good matches in retrospect. The world title always had plodding affairs with the Hulkster (which I loved, btw). But the IC title gave us classics like the Razor Ramon vs Shawn Michaels ladder match and Macho Man vs. Ricky Steamboat.

keg in kc
02-05-2013, 03:56 PM
The good old days back when those mid-card titles were actual springboards into the main event scene, and treated like they mattered. Unfortunately none of the belts matter now, even the world titles. Competition has totally taken a backseat to (bad) storylines.

Part of the reason, again, I love what Punk's doing. He's the first guy who in a long time acts like a title actually matters. Of course in Huntor's world, only a heel would care. Babyfaces all laugh off losing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-05-2013, 04:04 PM
You guys have a different memory of history than I do. The belts were turned to garbage in the Attitude Era because they hotshotted them from person to person for quick ratings bumps. It was the absolute worst thing about that era: it devalued championships. The IC title was disgraced by going on fools like Chyna; Shane McMahon was the Euro Champion (ironically, the Fingerpoke of Doom originated w/ the Euro Title, not on Nitro) and Mr. McMahon the WWF Champion for a short run. It wasn't Arquette-level bad, but it damaged the prestige of the belts.

keg in kc
02-05-2013, 04:06 PM
I think we were both talking about the 80s, not the attitude era. Although I guess the Shawn/Razor one was '94 (still pre-attitude, technically, I think).

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-05-2013, 04:08 PM
I think we were both talking about the 80s, not the attitude era.

Was responding to mca or whomever. Apologies for broad brushiness.

mcaj22
02-05-2013, 04:12 PM
i was responding to the guy saying Punk wouldnt be relevant in the ATTITUDE ERA

I know the 80s and early 90s was better, but he was talking specifically putting Punk in a time machine to the late 90s early 00s and that Punk would be able to hold a belt

I was simply saying Punk would easily be a Hardcore, IC, Euro (thanks whoever plugged this one) champ and it would be equal to todays main event belts

Ceej
02-05-2013, 04:26 PM
I, too really got into the WWE attitude era.

I always enjoyed the ECW brand too.

Now, I may watch a Punk promo and that's about it.

big nasty kcnut
02-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Well the thing about the pg it finally did get bruno sammartino to join the hall of fame.

58kcfan89
02-05-2013, 06:45 PM
The good old days back when those mid-card titles were actual springboards into the main event scene, and treated like they mattered. Unfortunately none of the belts matter now, even the world titles. Competition has totally taken a backseat to (bad) storylines.

Part of the reason, again, I love what Punk's doing. He's the first guy who in a long time acts like a title actually matters. Of course in Huntor's world, only a heel would care. Babyfaces all laugh off losing.

To this point, when was the last time an actual match closed Raw instead of a storyline-pushing segment? (I'm sure it was like 2 weeks ago, but still...)

Swanman
02-05-2013, 09:29 PM
i was responding to the guy saying Punk wouldnt be relevant in the ATTITUDE ERA

I know the 80s and early 90s was better, but he was talking specifically putting Punk in a time machine to the late 90s early 00s and that Punk would be able to hold a belt

I was simply saying Punk would easily be a Hardcore, IC, Euro (thanks whoever plugged this one) champ and it would be equal to todays main event belts

Punk would have been just fine in the Attitude era. His early stuff in ROH was pretty hardcore, especially his feud with Raven. He could generate white hot heat back then. During the Attitude era, quite a bit of emphasis was put on mic work (thus the beginning of the use of the main event interview segment) and we all know how well he does there. His size would have been a bit of a hindrance possibly but he would have been able to overcome it.

mcaj22
02-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Punk would have been just fine in the Attitude era. His early stuff in ROH was pretty hardcore, especially his feud with Raven. He could generate white hot heat back then. During the Attitude era, quite a bit of emphasis was put on mic work (thus the beginning of the use of the main event interview segment) and we all know how well he does there. His size would have been a bit of a hindrance possibly but he would have been able to overcome it.

he would have been fine because in the Attitude Era they actually had legit good guy and bad guy STABLES.

There hasnt been a good heel stable in the WWE since Evolution and that was years and years ago. Every other heel stable has either been a bunch of squashed guys thrown together or a failed attempt at showing no power (cough*Nexus*cough)

NJChiefsFan
02-06-2013, 05:23 PM
he would have been fine because in the Attitude Era they actually had legit good guy and bad guy STABLES.

There hasnt been a good heel stable in the WWE since Evolution and that was years and years ago. Every other heel stable has either been a bunch of squashed guys thrown together or a failed attempt at showing no power (cough*Nexus*cough)

The Three Man Band may literally be the worst stable of all-time.

keg in kc
02-06-2013, 08:01 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/12zn8il-u6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Embed doesn't appear to work - full punk/jericho match: http://youtu.be/12zn8il-u6g

mcaj22
02-06-2013, 11:19 PM
The Three Man Band may literally be the worst stable of all-time.

at least we salvaged Dolph Ziggler from the Spirit Squad, they were equally awful

keg in kc
02-11-2013, 12:03 AM
Take it for what it's worth:
Undertaker was at the Nashville Predators hockey game today, which would mean he is likely to be appearing at Raw tomorrow night, since the show is taking place there.

If that's the case, the most likely scenario is a confirmation that he will be at WrestleMania.

NJChiefsFan
02-11-2013, 12:42 AM
If he isn't there I will be pretty disappointed.

Ceej
02-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Sandow looks like Kanyon.

CoMoChief
02-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Cena still an overrated shitbag?

Yes?

K, just making sure...

keg in kc
02-11-2013, 09:42 PM
So no Undertaker?

Rock seemed awful tonight on the mic. Hate to hear so much comedy dreck at this point. Anyway, he's definitely retaining after that ending (not that anybody expected he'd lose).

unnecessary drama
02-12-2013, 01:05 AM
I don't know...he was cracking me up during his "story time."

NJChiefsFan
02-12-2013, 01:09 AM
Can King and Cole try harder to slobber all over the Rock during his jokes. Seems they want a laugh track for the Rock as well.

unnecessary drama
02-12-2013, 01:21 AM
it had NOTHING to do with wrestling but come on...that story was funny as hell...didn't expect a few of those things to be said...I was laughing

RAW sucks though...my God whoever decided to change it to three hours is a moron. I fast forward through the whole damn middle.

NJChiefsFan
02-12-2013, 01:25 AM
It was alright. Problem is Rock milks it so much you see the next line coming before it happens. I will say this though, the Rock is huge.

big nasty kcnut
02-12-2013, 07:09 AM
I want another Bryan Y2J match please.

unnecessary drama
02-12-2013, 08:56 AM
It was alright. Problem is Rock milks it so much you see the next line coming before it happens. I will say this though, the Rock is huge.

like I said...not sure what it had to do with ANYTHING...I just found myself chuckling while watching it...while also thinking..."what the fuck does this have to do with anything?"

I love Rocky...but it's done. He has no place in WWE anymore other than maybe appearing once every few years to host something...

unless he wanted to devote himself for a year (not happening) and give us a heel turn or something...I'm personally tired of the gimmick and him "soaking up" every crowd and never calling anyone a jabroni anymore...

just don't care anymore...first time I chuckled at him in a long time was that story and like I said...had nothing to do with anything

mcaj22
02-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Rock is definitely on the juice

he got so massive for that Pain and Gain movie with Marky Mark

everyone on that set looks fucking HUGE. like illegal stuff huge

NJChiefsFan
02-12-2013, 03:44 PM
like I said...not sure what it had to do with ANYTHING...I just found myself chuckling while watching it...while also thinking..."what the **** does this have to do with anything?"

I love Rocky...but it's done. He has no place in WWE anymore other than maybe appearing once every few years to host something...

unless he wanted to devote himself for a year (not happening) and give us a heel turn or something...I'm personally tired of the gimmick and him "soaking up" every crowd and never calling anyone a jabroni anymore...

just don't care anymore...first time I chuckled at him in a long time was that story and like I said...had nothing to do with anything

Yeah. It's just awkward. He is trying to be this big guy on the mike but he has nothing to to back it up since he was gone. When guys like Cena and Punk get semi-real with him what can he say back? Only way he doesn't come off awkward is if he is back full-time, which isn't going to happen.

As you said, he just soaks up the reaction. I think he desperately wants the fans to want him, where in the past he just was who he was and the fans happened to love him. Now he is just trying to kiss their ass.

keg in kc
02-12-2013, 03:48 PM
like I said...not sure what it had to do with ANYTHING...I just found myself chuckling while watching it...while also thinking..."what the **** does this have to do with anything?"

just don't care anymore...first time I chuckled at him in a long time was that story and like I said...had nothing to do with anythingMy calling it awful had more to do with this being the go-home show for Elimination Chamber, and he's up there cracking jokes, not talking about how he's going to kick CM Punk's ass. I don't know if anything he said last night's going to convince one more person to watch. Hence...bad promo. He's supposed to get people interested in the PPV match. They have (or had) a chance to make this nothing PPV potentially the 4th biggest sell of the year, behind mania, rumble and summerslam.

Meltzer's still saying that he still thinks Undertaker/Punk will be the mania match, fwiw.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-15-2013, 07:04 PM
My calling it awful had more to do with this being the go-home show for Elimination Chamber, and he's up there cracking jokes, not talking about how he's going to kick CM Punk's ass. I don't know if anything he said last night's going to convince one more person to watch. Hence...bad promo. He's supposed to get people interested in the PPV match. They have (or had) a chance to make this nothing PPV potentially the 4th biggest sell of the year, behind mania, rumble and summerslam.

Meltzer's still saying that he still thinks Undertaker/Punk will be the mania match, fwiw.

Seems like he did a pretty good job of selling the PPV on Smackdown just now.

ImAWalkingCorpse
02-17-2013, 07:58 PM
The Shield win.

Sanka
02-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Awesome boring ass Rock wins. YAY

Reaper16
02-17-2013, 08:59 PM
This was a good, well-paced PPV up until the Ziggler promo/match/filler.

NJChiefsFan
02-17-2013, 09:48 PM
I'm not exactly thrilled to see the card that is shaping up for Wrestlemania that I paid for.

Jerm
02-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Unless they go with some swerve...Rock/Cena II will be the most anticlimatic Mania match possibly ever. We all know what's going to happen...

NJChiefsFan
02-17-2013, 11:24 PM
Unless they go with some swerve...Rock/Cena II will be the most anticlimatic Mania match possibly ever. We all know what's going to happen...

Cena losing that match would be one of the most shocking things I have ever seen in wrestling. It isn't going to happen. I'm guessing it rains on top of all this.

Captain Obvious
02-17-2013, 11:51 PM
If Taker is back for Mania he almost has to be on Raw tomorrow night.

big nasty kcnut
02-18-2013, 03:57 AM
Believe in the shield. What a match and ambrose play evil so good.

Mosbonian
02-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Anyone see a Jericho double cross here?

Sanka
02-18-2013, 08:09 PM
Anyone see a Jericho double cross here?

Thinking the same thing, but also read there might be a Ryback vs Sheamus match at Mania with Ryback being the heel.

Mosbonian
02-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Thinking the same thing, but also read there might be a Ryback vs Sheamus match at Mania with Ryback being the heel.

I don't think that the fans would really accept that....

keg in kc
02-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Rock/Cena rematch is totally killing my interest in wrestlemania. Not like I haven't known it was coming for a year. And they'll do a third "once in a lifetime!" match next year.

Smug cena as champion post mania will probably lead me to stop watching raw again.

keg in kc
02-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Wow, a marching band. On raw.

Wow, those chicks on the flute are huge.

I feel terrible for making that observation.

Mosbonian
02-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Rock/Cena rematch is totally killing my interest in wrestlemania. Not like I haven't known it was coming for a year. And they'll do a third "once in a lifetime!" match next year.

Smug cena as champion post mania will probably lead me to stop watching raw again.

Honestly the set up with Punk and Cena at the first of the show was pretty lame...and predictable.

keg in kc
02-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Honestly the set up with Punk and Cena at the first of the show was pretty lame...and predictable.That's what happens when the crowd cheers Punk and Cena's like a black hole sucking the energy and enthusiasm (and maturity) out of everything. Dude is just coming off as more and more fake every week. His presentation I mean, I get that it's all fake.

big nasty kcnut
02-18-2013, 08:57 PM
New title! wow.

keg in kc
02-18-2013, 08:59 PM
Long past time they got rid of the spinner belt.

Not sure I like that one much more, though.

Captain Obvious
02-18-2013, 09:04 PM
I guess I just need to get used to promos as the ending of Raw.

Mosbonian
02-18-2013, 09:05 PM
That's what happens when the crowd cheers Punk and Cena's like a black hole sucking the energy and enthusiasm (and maturity) out of everything. Dude is just coming off as more and more fake every week. His presentation I mean, I get that it's all fake.

Yeah...but to me Punk's routine is getting to be just that....routine. While Cena may be sucking the life out of Punk, Punk isn't really impressing me either.

Guys like Stone Cold, even when the guy opposite him was being lame, could still excite the crowd.

Wow...even this closing segment....with Punk and Cena coming out...it took whatever air there was left in the show and shoved it out the window.

Planetman
02-18-2013, 09:13 PM
The creative writing is anything BUT creative. If we could mix MIB II and RAW together for a moment, I believe the next line would be, "This has go home and do it again." written all over it. Yikes.

keg in kc
02-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Yeah...but to me Punk's routine is getting to be just that....routine. While Cena may be sucking the life out of Punk, Punk isn't really impressing me either.

Guys like Stone Cold, even when the guy opposite him was being lame, could still excite the crowd.

Wow...even this closing segment....with Punk and Cena coming out...it took whatever air there was left in the show and shoved it out the window.That's apples and oranges. Punk's being a heel in the truest sense of the word. He isn't trying to get the crowd behind him at all. Which isn't anything close to stone cold's gimmick.

The problem with that last segment is that it isn't so much a dastardly heel move because at least half the crowd sees him hitting Cena from behind with the belt as a face move, simply because it shuts him up. If people are fed up now with Cena being pushed down their throats, I can't wait for mid-April and his victory speeches marking the beginning of the new supercena era.

At least a 3-way would be something different. If they actually do that, and tonight wasn't just a tease. Rock and Punk have a good dynamic with each other on the mic, so perhaps that will balance out how poorly Cena does in a back in forth with either of them.

Mosbonian
02-18-2013, 09:38 PM
That's apples and oranges. Punk's being a heel in the truest sense of the word. He isn't trying to get the crowd behind him at all. Which isn't anything close to stone cold's gimmick.

The problem with that last segment is that it isn't so much a dastardly heel move because at least half the crowd sees him hitting Cena from behind with the belt as a face move, simply because it shuts him up. If people are fed up now with Cena being pushed down their throats, I can't wait for mid-April and his victory speeches marking the beginning of the new supercena era.

At least a 3-way would be something different. If they actually do that, and tonight wasn't just a tease. Rock and Punk have a good dynamic with each other on the mic, so perhaps that will balance out how poorly Cena does in a back in forth with either of them.

See....this is where we disagree. Punk IS trying to get the anti-Cena crowd, and remain a semi-face, kind of like what Triple H and Shawn Michaels used to pull off. But they also had decent "opponents" that they could play off of.

And I disagree that Punk and Rock have a good dynamic.....separately they are fine but when you get them on the stage together, it just doesn't seem to sync. That's just my opinion....

Reaper16
02-18-2013, 10:31 PM
See....this is where we disagree. Punk IS trying to get the anti-Cena crowd, and remain a semi-face, kind of like what Triple H and Shawn Michaels used to pull off. But they also had decent "opponents" that they could play off of.

No. Not at all, whatsoever. I can't disagree with this more. Ever since his heel turn he's made strident choices to get the anti-Cena crowd to STOP cheering for him.

58kcfan89
02-18-2013, 10:35 PM

Truthfully, I think I'd rather see Punk job to Taker rather than be in a Triple Threat match. Yeah, he'd technically be in the main event, but it'd be as a throw-in just so he can take the pin from Cena. Punk deserves better than that. Not that jobbing in a singles match is much better, but still. I guess I just hate the idea of him being a throw-in to the main event rather than letting him have the spotlight one of these years.

I'm just tired of the whole show right now. It's predictable, I'm disinterested already, and I already know I'm not buying Mania. Did they really try to tease Mark Henry vs. Khali? Because that might be the worst Mania match of all time if it goes down.

Oh, and that belt is lame. Not much of an upgrade to the spinning piece of trash, if it's an upgrade at all. Kinda glad they didn't have Punk unveil it (or am I the only one who remembers his "That belt has been far too ugly for far too long" line?) like he wanted to awhile ago.

*sigh* Guess I'll go back & re-watch MITB '11 & remember what it was like when wrestling was fun for a few weeks....

/bitchfest

keg in kc
02-18-2013, 10:42 PM
No. Not at all, whatsoever. I can't disagree with this more. Ever since his heel turn he's made strident choices to get the anti-Cena crowd to STOP cheering for him.Yep. He's not playing a tweener at all. Straight heel. Hell, he straight-up buries the audience just about every week.

keg in kc
02-18-2013, 10:45 PM
Truthfully, I think I'd rather see Punk job to Taker rather than be in a Triple Threat match. Yeah, he'd technically be in the main event, but it'd be as a throw-in just so he can take the pin from Cena. Punk deserves better than that. Not that jobbing in a singles match is much better, but still. I guess I just hate the idea of him being a throw-in to the main event rather than letting him have the spotlight one of these years.That's how they can do a third rock/cena match next year. Have punk take the pin in this year's. Then supercena gets to pin rock next year.

(I think this is more about Taker not being able to go than it is about that, though.)

I'm just tired of the whole show right now. It's predictable, I'm disinterested already, and I already know I'm not buying Mania.I'm with you, although where they go with the Shield (I thought for sure they'd lose tonight) and how they set up Lesnar/HHH can make a difference. Oh, and that belt is lame. Not much of an upgrade to the spinning piece of trash, if it's an upgrade at all. Kinda glad they didn't have Punk unveil it (or am I the only one who remembers his "That belt has been far too ugly for far too long" line?) like he wanted to awhile ago.It went further than that. There's pictures of punk with a new belt from 6 or 8 months ago.

58kcfan89
02-18-2013, 10:51 PM
That's how they can do a third rock/cena match next year. Have punk take the pin in this year's. Then supercena gets to pin rock next year.

(I think this is more about Taker not being able to go than it is about that, though.)

I'm with you, although where they go with the Shield (I thought for sure they'd lose tonight) and how they set up Lesnar/HHH can make a difference. It went further than that. There's pictures of punk with a new belt from 6 or 8 months ago.

Oh God, I didn't even think about another fucking Rock-Cena match...

I like what they're doing with Shield, which is why I'm fully expecting them to get their asses handed to them at Mania & buried shortly thereafter.

Hadn't seen/heard about the pictures. I just feel like Punk's put so much into his work over the last couple years & still has to watch Rock & Cena get everything handed to them. Again. Rock unveiling the new belt is just a small example of it IMO. Although I'm one of the biggest Punk marks ever, so I'm admittedly biased.

NJChiefsFan
02-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Don't like new belt at all, even though I wanted a new one bad. I also agree punk has tried to get the fans off of him.

CoMoChief
02-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Don't like new belt at all, even though I wanted a new one bad. I also agree punk has tried to get the fans off of him.

I like the new belt.

The best belt ever IMO was Stone Cold's or the nWo spraypainting their belt.

loochy
02-19-2013, 08:12 AM
http://woodyafterhours.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/TNA-belt1.jpg

loochy
02-19-2013, 08:13 AM
when you change the belt you lose the tradition and legacy that comes with the belt.

Just keep this:

http://sharkattackwrestling.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/wwe-belts-7.jpg

and this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cd/Big_Gold_Belt.JPG

and be done with it

NJChiefsFan
02-19-2013, 08:47 AM
I like the new belt.

The best belt ever IMO was Stone Cold's or the nWo spraypainting their belt.

Austins was cool. I don't mind the black background but the size of the middle and its shape is too big. And seeing that logo makes it worse.

I'm getting worried taker isn't showing up.

otherstar
02-19-2013, 08:51 AM
when you change the belt you lose the tradition and legacy that comes with the belt.
t

Talk about legacy and history...don't forget THIS:

http://davemillicanbelts.com/Large14/053111/009.JPG

The NWA belt used when Harley Race, Ric Flair, Dusy Rhodes, etc., were in their prime.

Mosbonian
02-19-2013, 10:15 AM
No. Not at all, whatsoever. I can't disagree with this more. Ever since his heel turn he's made strident choices to get the anti-Cena crowd to STOP cheering for him.

But I don't think he is all that successful in doing that.

Mosbonian
02-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Yep. He's not playing a tweener at all. Straight heel. Hell, he straight-up buries the audience just about every week.

The problem is that so many people hate Cena that him and Cena fighting doesn't really make him a heel. Real heels have the majority hating them and the people cheering for the "good guy"...there really is no clear "good guy" in their battle. Listen to the crowd....even when Punk berates them they still love it.

Superturtle
02-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Not really Punks fault. People just hate Cena that much.

Reaper16
02-19-2013, 11:37 AM
The problem is that so many people hate Cena that him and Cena fighting doesn't really make him a heel. Real heels have the majority hating them and the people cheering for the "good guy"...there really is no clear "good guy" in their battle. Listen to the crowd....even when Punk berates them they still love it.

Your problem is with WWE, not Punk. They don't want him to play a Stone Cold like tweener.

You know what, take crowd reactions out of the picture entirely. That there are smarks who will cheer Punk regardless doesn't mean he's not playing the WWE heel style (i.e., a coward) to near perfection. Moreover, the crowds are idiots. Look at how much they cheer guys like Sheamus and Cena (well, the half of the crowd that is passionately pro-Cena), who often do not act like good guys. They will beat people up from behind. Sheamus is frequently racist, and Cena is a misogynist (just like The Rock), but they get cheered.

keg in kc
02-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Moreover, the crowds are idiots. Look at how much they cheer guys like Sheamus and Cena (well, the half of the crowd that is passionately pro-Cena), who often do not act like good guys. They will beat people up from behind. Sheamus is frequently racist, and Cena is a misogynist (just like The Rock), but they get cheered.Exactly. We're talking about crowds that for whatever reason cheer "feed me more" for the special-needs Goldberg. Calling them idiots is kind.