PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

keg in kc
03-26-2008, 12:44 AM
ECW was gawdawful tonight. I hope that battle royal doesn't kill wrestlemania. I can't believe they're giving one of those guys TWO wrestlemania appearances.

And no CM Punk. What's up with that?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2008, 01:53 AM
What ever happened to him? Didn't he start out as the 1 2 3 Kid?

He became a hardcore drug addict, gained a lot of weight, started dating Chyna, made a drunken, cracked out appearance on "The Surreal Life", then made a pr0n with Chyna where he pulled out and cummed on her ass, IIRC.

:shrug:

jlscorpio
03-26-2008, 06:52 AM
Jesse is Terry Gordy's son, so he's alright by me

alanm
03-26-2008, 07:55 AM
ECW was gawdawful tonight. I hope that battle royal doesn't kill wrestlemania. I can't believe they're giving one of those guys TWO wrestlemania appearances.

And no CM Punk. What's up with that?
Punk's been on RAW the last 2 weeks so maybe he's moving up. Noticed Carlito was on ECW last night so perhaps they made a roster change.

Swanman
03-26-2008, 07:58 AM
The Motor City Machine Guns in TNA are a similar case of midcarders who managed to win the crowd over on their own, without needing much support from the bookers.

I'm a huge fan of the MCMG. In three weeks I'll be front row for the MCMG vs The Briscoes, part 2 when ROH comes back to Chicago. I saw the original match and if the rematch is just 50% as good as the first, it will still be great. It's really fun watching Shelley and Sabin just cut loose in the ring for 30 minutes. You can really tell they're having fun in there. In TNA, not so much.

keg in kc
03-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Punk's been on RAW the last 2 weeks so maybe he's moving up. Noticed Carlito was on ECW last night so perhaps they made a roster change.I'm assuming he had a MitB preview match on Smackdown. I haven't checked the spoilers, though.

Still can't get a read on MitB. Jericho's the 'safe' pick, but he's already over and established, no need to give it to him. Kennedy won last year, don't see that again. Maybe MVP? I don't think they're ready to give any of the other guys (Punk, Carlito, Shelton, Morrison) a big push quite yet. Bryan Alvarez (f4wonline.com) came up with the idea that Matt Hardy's close to return, so maybe they put him in the match at the last minute and heat the feud with MVP back up.

When they announced the match, I thought maybe they'd somehow sneak Punk back into the 24-man tag (since I don't think he'll win MitB) and give him the win over Chavo, but I think they're going to do something stupid like give the belt to Khali.

keg in kc
03-26-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm assuming he had a MitB preview match on Smackdown. I haven't checked the spoilers, though.I have now. Don't read further if you don't want spoilers.

Punk went over Morrison clean, so he's probably not winning Sunday (usually the guys who win immediately before a PPV don't win the event...).
Jericho won via DQ over MVP, which fits into their usual MO if they're going to give MVP the briefcase, although MVP did win on Monday, so it's a little convoluded.

Apparently Blahtista squashed Snitsky. That seems a little odd. I guess they're really trying to build him up for the Umanga match.

Ron Killings wrestled the dark match, so we may be seeing him sometime in the not-too-distant future.

Mecca
03-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Killings had one at Raw too.........he's probably going to debut after Mania.

Swanman
03-27-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm assuming he had a MitB preview match on Smackdown. I haven't checked the spoilers, though.

Still can't get a read on MitB. Jericho's the 'safe' pick, but he's already over and established, no need to give it to him. Kennedy won last year, don't see that again. Maybe MVP? I don't think they're ready to give any of the other guys (Punk, Carlito, Shelton, Morrison) a big push quite yet. Bryan Alvarez (f4wonline.com) came up with the idea that Matt Hardy's close to return, so maybe they put him in the match at the last minute and heat the feud with MVP back up.

When they announced the match, I thought maybe they'd somehow sneak Punk back into the 24-man tag (since I don't think he'll win MitB) and give him the win over Chavo, but I think they're going to do something stupid like give the belt to Khali.

I'm with you, I have no idea about MitB. At this point, I predict they do a do-over and give it to Kennedy, as they were so high on him before his injury/suspension. Jericho doesn't need it (and he already had a title shot right after he came back). Carlito, Shelton and Morrison would make no sense, as no one right now really care about them. MVP makes some sense, but I'd give him a much better shot a year from now. As for Punk, it makes all the sense in the world to have him win it and start a several-months long feud with Edge, but they don't seem to want to give him the ball quite yet either.

Ultra Peanut
03-27-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm with you, I have no idea about MitB. At this point, I predict they do a do-over and give it to Kennedy, as they were so high on him before his injury/suspension. Jericho doesn't need it (and he already had a title shot right after he came back). Carlito, Shelton and Morrison would make no sense, as no one right now really care about them. MVP makes some sense, but I'd give him a much better shot a year from now. As for Punk, it makes all the sense in the world to have him win it and start a several-months long feud with Edge, but they don't seem to want to give him the ball quite yet either.They're probably going to need another couple of push-depush cycles with Punk before they trust him enough for such a big push, but the two feuds I would absolutely be overjoyed to see arise from MITB would be Punk-Edge and/or Jericho-MVP. Neither's likely to happen for a while, but they would be glorious.

Hopefully MattVP starts back up again soon, at least.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-27-2008, 05:33 PM
I just hope they don't give Kennedy the win. I honestly detest that guy; everytime he's on it's pure X-Pac heat from me.

Ultra Peanut
03-27-2008, 07:59 PM
IMPORTANT REMINDER:

iMPACT! is going to be LIVE. That's right, two hours of LIVE TNA. Prepare for the comedy/horror event of the year!

Someone hold me.

Ultra Peanut
03-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Oh God yes, they start the show with a brawl (between Booker T and Robertzzzzzzz Roozzzzz) that started before the show came on the air! Brilliant hook, guys!

INTERACTIVE FAN MATCHES!!!!!!

Ultra Peanut
03-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Johnny Devine is shit.

Oh hey, I guess they killed off Jay Lethal in that vignette.

Ultra Peanut
03-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Robby?! I know the Heat circuit isn't exactly grueling, but why the **** are you at Impact?!

He looked so embarrassed to be there.

(PS WWEWCWECWWCWECWWWEWWEWCWECWWCWECWWWEWWEWCWECWWCWECWWWEWWEWCWECWWCWECWWWE)

keg in kc
03-27-2008, 08:42 PM
I just hope they don't give Kennedy the win. I honestly detest that guy; everytime he's on it's pure X-Pac heat from me.Ditto. He f*cking sucks.

I forgot the live TNA, turned it on right as Team 3D gave that bizarre promo.

Ultra Peanut
03-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Ditto. He f*cking sucks.

I forgot the live TNA, turned it on right as Team 3D gave that bizarre promo.So you were just in time to see ROBBIE hide his face.

It's a shame this Frank Trigg guy can't just kill Don West and take his spot, because he's actually a pretty decent color guy.

keg in kc
03-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Yes indeed, I saw red-faced Robbie.

keg in kc
03-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Kevin Nash in a sparring session.

Yeah, that sounds realistic.

keg in kc
03-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Sting's back, I'm pretending I give a shit.

Ultra Peanut
03-27-2008, 09:05 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Smooooooooth, D'Von.

Ultra Peanut
03-27-2008, 09:07 PM
OH MY GOD IT'S STIIIIIIIING

Wait, it's not 1997 anymore? You mean nobody really gives a **** about Sting or anyone in TNA at this point?

keg in kc
03-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Well, I'm glad I watched now, I'd have totally forgotton to watch the new Ultimate Fighter next week.

Ultra Peanut
03-27-2008, 09:11 PM
There's some sort of time dilation that goes on when you watch TNA. I can't believe there are fifty more minutes of this shit.

Also lawl:

MORE ON WWE STAR SHOWN ON TNA IMPACT
by Mike Johnson @ 2008-03-27 22:02:24

As Buck Woodward wrote, WWE star Robbie of the Highlanders was shown briefly on the air sitting in the crowd of the live TNA Impact. He had actually lined up with fans to get into the building and TNA learned he was in attendance when employees spotted him in the crowd. TNA called him by his real name to prevent any issues that would arise by calling him by his WWE ring name. Shortly after he was shown on air, he left the taping with the word being that WWE officials contacted him upset over the situation.

Meanwhile, word is making its way around backstage at the Impact taping that TNA talent and staff are barred by WWE from visiting the hotel WWE has put their performers and staff up in this weekend in Orlando.I'm actually more surprised that the WWE higher-ups have heard of TNA.

keg in kc
03-27-2008, 09:13 PM
lmao, this could be an interesting night

Ultra Peanut
03-27-2008, 09:19 PM
In real promotion thoughts, I really really really really wish I could spare the FIFTY-FIVE ****ING DOLLARS for Wrestlemania. I'm such a sucker for outdoor PPVs, and to this day I have a spot in my heart for Hog/Road Wild.

keg in kc
03-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Raw sold me on Wrestlemania.

ECW unsold me on Wrestlemania.

Tomorrow's SD decides for me.

keg in kc
03-27-2008, 09:24 PM
God.

Worst. Accent. Ever.

Ultra Peanut
03-27-2008, 09:32 PM
God.

Worst. Accent. Ever.What, you don't think hiring Cheerleader Melissa to wear a burqa and not wrestle was smart?

At least Kong's about to kill someone.

Mecca
03-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Robbie is screwed because see...

- WWE told its wrestlers at a meeting yesterday to not socialize or be seen with TNA wrestlers over the course of WrestleMania week. WWE feels that TNA is piggybacking off their week by holding special events like tonight's live Impact. Both WWE's Fan Axxess Tour and TNA's Impact take place at Universal Studios in Orlando.

WWE wrestlers were not told to stay away from ROH wrestlers that are also in town for special ROH shows.

Credit: PWInsider.com

BigRock
03-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Taking the time to point out that one of the F'N HIGHLANDERS came to their show might be the lowest point in the history of TNA.

Ultra Peanut
03-28-2008, 12:30 AM
Robbie is screwed because see...

- WWE told its wrestlers at a meeting yesterday to not socialize or be seen with TNA wrestlers over the course of WrestleMania week. WWE feels that TNA is piggybacking off their week by holding special events like tonight's live Impact. Both WWE's Fan Axxess Tour and TNA's Impact take place at Universal Studios in Orlando.

WWE wrestlers were not told to stay away from ROH wrestlers that are also in town for special ROH shows.

Credit: PWInsider.com
Someone on another forum offered up this great visual of WWE and ROH guys hanging out, then getting really quiet and trying to shoo the TNA guys away whenever they showed up.

keg in kc
03-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Punk and Morrison work together so much better than anyone in ECW.

Watching SD brings to mind (yet again) the question of why the f*ck Chavo Guerrero has the belt.

keg in kc
03-28-2008, 11:15 PM
More on Robbie (who vince sent home today, he isn't working WM) and TNA Management's total incompetence:-- There were a number of wrestlers in TNA who were upset over management’s decision to show Robbie McAllister during Thursday’s live Impact. One source said the wrestlers thought it was a classless act, since Robbie was only there to see his friend Johnny Devine work and he’s now in trouble with Vince.

Mecca
03-28-2008, 11:26 PM
So are we all watching Mania?

keg in kc
03-28-2008, 11:31 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm getting it Sunday. Raw was so awesome that I was 100% sold. Then ECW was so f*cking bad I thought there was no way. But I don't want to miss Flair's last match, and the BS/FM thing should be one hell of a spectacular. Saw the blurb on SD tonight that was "breaking news" announcing it as no holds barred with win coming from pin, submission or...knockout. rofl.

from prowrestling.com:
Floyd Mayweather vs. Big Show will be a No Holds Barred wrestling match at WrestleMania XXIV on Sunday. Mayweather has confirmed in several media appearances throughout the day that he will not be wearing boxing gloves in the match.

I was told that the match will be heavily scripted with pretty much every spot clearly planned ahead of time. As reported earlier, WWE developmental worker Matt Sydal has worked a little bit with Mayweather and Big Show on the layout of the match. Obviously with Mayweather's inexperience, WWE did not want him trying to call his own spots in the ring.

I had completely forgotten sydal was in developmental.

Ultra Peanut
03-29-2008, 12:51 AM
The TNA-Robbie thing really was a pathetic move by TNA that made them look more classless than anything. They got no rub from showing a jobber who looked embarrassed to be there, and potentially cost the poor guy his job.

Oh, and another great decision by TNA was this:

Torch contributor Justin Parker sent in the following first-hand report from the site of the Impact taping tonight...

- Just got the word that TNA wrestlers and management invited 700 "VIPs" and they only let about 200 fans into the venue. They probably turned away 700-1000 fans, many of whom were here to sample the product and had waited 4-6 hours. There was a pretty hostile scene with an "F--- TNA" chant breaking out. Not exactly the exposure they were looking for.

Punk and Morrison work together so much better than anyone in ECW.Hey, don't sell Burke short, either. He and Punk have amazing chemistry, though they haven't gotten much of a chance to have it since the "He Who Has Been Erased from History" thing.

Watching SD brings to mind (yet again) the question of why the f*ck Chavo Guerrero has the belt.Just a beltpillow waiting for a suitable champ, I suppose. I really have no ****ing clue where they're going with the battle royal, though. Kane winning the title makes no sense, and beyond that, no one else in the match is really ready to lead a show, even the C-show.

No shock that Mayweather-Show is going to be laid out carefully. Having someone so green try to call a match on the fly in the biggest PPV of the year would be utterly idiotic.

Anyways, someone gimme FIFTY-FIVE MOTHER****ING DOLLARS, okay?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-29-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm just going to use xtremewrestlingtorrents.net

Mr. Flopnuts
03-29-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm just going to use xtremewrestlingtorrents.net

How bout an invite? Registration is closed.

keg in kc
03-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Hey, don't sell Burke short, either. He and Punk have amazing chemistry, though they haven't gotten much of a chance to have it since the "He Who Has Been Erased from History" thing.Burke's a non-entity right now. They're turning him into a jobber.Just a beltpillow waiting for a suitable champ, I suppose. I really have no ****ing clue where they're going with the battle royal, though. Kane winning the title makes no sense, and beyond that, no one else in the match is really ready to lead a show, even the C-show. I thought it might be Khali until they had Mark Henry make him look like a bitch tonight.

Watch it be f*cking Festus. I'm still waiting for a smart heel to ring the bell mid-match to turn him back into a retard. Actually, it has to be somebody good enough to put on a WM match with Chavo.

Question is...who the hell is that, out of those 24?

keg in kc
03-29-2008, 01:13 AM
I can't believe I just saw them give Kofi Kingston a victory on SD.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-29-2008, 01:38 AM
How bout an invite? Registration is closed.

PM me your email address.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-29-2008, 01:47 AM
Done. Thanks.

keg in kc
03-29-2008, 08:52 PM
More glaring evidence of TNA's 'special needs' management:TNA Wrestling's Plan To Disrupt WrestleMania XXIV
Date Added: March 29, 2008
Story By: Richard Gray

Dave Meltzer reported earlier today on the Wrestling Observer website that WWE has learned of TNA Wrestling's plan to fly an aircraft with a banner that reads something along the lines of "Watch TNA Impact" at some point during tomorrow's WrestleMania pay-per-view.

While the banner obviously will not make it on the pay-per-view broadcast, everyone in attendance will be able to see it. Meltzer is reporting that numerous incidents have occurred over the weekend involving TNA and WWE although the specifics are still in the process of being confirmed.

Reaper16
03-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Burke's a non-entity right now. They're turning him into a jobber.I thought it might be Khali until they had Mark Henry make him look like a bitch tonight.

Watch it be f*cking Festus. I'm still waiting for a smart heel to ring the bell mid-match to turn him back into a retard. Actually, it has to be somebody good enough to put on a WM match with Chavo.

Question is...who the hell is that, out of those 24?
Well, Burke is plenty good enough to put on an entertaining match with Chavo, imo. But WWE likes to frustrate me with their inability to effectively utilize young talent.

Ultra Peanut
03-29-2008, 09:15 PM
More glaring evidence of TNA's 'special needs' management:Half the crowd will be going, "What's a TNA?"

Mecca
03-29-2008, 09:21 PM
I actually just got in an argument with a couple of my friends who think what TNA is doing is fine because "Vince doesnt own the sky" and "WWE went down to their territory then locks them out of their own hotel"

of course these people hate Vince one was an avid WCW mark and has never recovered, all he does is complain.

eazyb81
03-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Anyone else watching the HOF show?

Ultra Peanut
03-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Haha, Cena looks preposterous in a suit.

Ultra Peanut
03-29-2008, 10:44 PM
I miss the Slammy Awards.

(RIP Owen)

Mecca
03-29-2008, 10:57 PM
I can't believe I just saw them give Kofi Kingston a victory on SD.

I don't think he's lost a match yet, he wins all the time.

Ultra Peanut
03-29-2008, 11:02 PM
EVERYONE STOP CRYING

eazyb81
03-29-2008, 11:10 PM
I love the concept, but I think they're going a bit overboard on the HOF invites. It would seem more genuine if they invited just 2 or 3 guys a year, rather than guys like Eddie Graham or The Rock's dad.

Also, why the hell did Triple H present for Flair? Where the hell was The Enforcer? That was disappointing.

Ultra Peanut
03-29-2008, 11:32 PM
As previously reported, WWE senior vice president John Laurinaitis and TNA vice president Jeff Jarrett were among several representatives of both companies hanging out in an Orlando bar on Friday night. We now have a list of the names who were there from both companies:

Edge, Christian, Kevin Nash, MVP, Rhino, Karen Angle, Mr. Kennedy, Shelton Benjamin, Samoa Joe, Robert Roode, Gail Kim, Scott Steiner, ODB, Traci Brooks, Jeremy Borash and David Penzer. Former WCW wrestler Glacier, who is now a middle school teacher, was also there visiting friends.

Undertaker and a female friend were also spotted picking up Booker T and Sharmell at another location for dinner.AT WRESTLEMANIA...

BLOOD RUNS COLD

Ultra Peanut
03-29-2008, 11:32 PM
As previously reported, WWE senior vice president John Laurinaitis and TNA vice president Jeff Jarrett were among several representatives of both companies hanging out in an Orlando bar on Friday night. We now have a list of the names who were there from both companies:

Edge, Christian, Kevin Nash, MVP, Rhino, Karen Angle, Mr. Kennedy, Shelton Benjamin, Samoa Joe, Robert Roode, Gail Kim, Scott Steiner, ODB, Traci Brooks, Jeremy Borash and David Penzer. Former WCW wrestler Glacier, who is now a middle school teacher, was also there visiting friends.

Undertaker and a female friend were also spotted picking up Booker T and Sharmell at another location for dinner.AT WRESTLEMANIA...

BLOOD RUNS COLD

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 12:01 AM
I don't think he's lost a match yet, he wins all the time.It wasn't that he won, it was that it was on smackdown...

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 12:04 AM
EVERYONE STOP CRYINGThat was just surreal. I don't think I've ever seen a hof ceremony (got to be honest, I just wanted to see the Rock be the Rock again one last time...) but man, seeing all those guys in tears was just crazy. Big Show lost it, Stone Cold (?!?!) just about lost it, Batista was sobbing behind his sunglasses, HBK holding it back the best he could, Cena in tears, just everybody crying. Never thought I'd ever see anything like that.

I hated Flair for the longest time. I hated watching him in WCW because I didn't want to see this flabby old man taking up TV time. Felt the same way in WWE most of the time, too, but the last two years or so, he's made me a fan.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 12:12 AM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/none/2008/march22-28/6742354

John Morrison has no nickels.

Mecca
03-30-2008, 12:13 AM
What was with all the guys taking pot shots at the Rock?

Mecca
03-30-2008, 12:13 AM

John Morrison has no nickels.

The dirt sheet is one of the greatest things ever, Morrison has become a favorite of mine.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 12:22 AM
Full recap of Flair's speech, wish I could've seen it all...HHH introduced Flair, who got the longest standing ovation I have ever seen. Flair pulled out a photo of himself and Gordon Solie and said to Shawn Michaels that's who he had to fight. Flair said he would never retire and let out a whoo.

He said in a moment like this, he realizes that for all he's done, he must have done something right. He was crying a lot.

Flair said he's worried about not remembering enough people to thank. He started by thanking Kevin Dunn and the WWE production team for what they do every week and making him look good the last seven years.

Flair said he wanted to thank the legal department because some of the things he used to pull don't fly anymore. He thanked a lot of WWE officials including Sue Aitchensen and Mark Carano.

Flair said he loves to talk to the young guys and praised all the WWE agents for working their ass off every week. He thanked Mike Rotunda, Barry Windham, Finlay, Jamie Noble, Pat Patterson, Sgt Slaughter, Jerry Brisco, Arn Anderson and Rick Steamboat.

Flair then thanked the writing team, saying that although they sometimes argue about what they are asked to do, they are creative and talented. He named many of them by name and apologized to Ed Koskey for all the times he scared him by saying things he wasn't supposed to be.

Flair thanked those who made his robes over the years and his boots. Flair said he figured out today he bought 582 pairs of boots over the years.

Flair began crying as he thanked his attorney John Taylor. He said he was in a lawsuit with WCW and Taylor advised him he could sit back and get rich or go back to work.

Flair thanked Steve Lombardi for all his hard work in putting together the interviews we see all the time and Downtown Bruno for bringing him a 12-pack every night.

Flair joked that his family thought Chris Jericho was Bon Jovi. Flair talked about Big Show, saying he knew Andre the Giant when he was first breaking in. Flair said Big Show was the best big man he's ever been in the ring with. Show began openly sobbing.

Flair praised Tony Garea and Tim White for all the draws they give him on the road.

Flair began praising Edge and said he's a special guy and a great champ. He told the story of working a ladder match with him saying he did something with Edge he never did before and loved it.

Flair said now the speech would begin!!

He showed off NWA title cufflinks HHH gave Flair.

Flair began breaking down thanking Betty Skaaland and the late Arnold Skaaland for all their kindness. Flair told a story of going out drinking all night and running up a bartab of $30K during Summerslam 1992 weekend and Skaaland saving his rear end.

Flair said Ray Stevens once told him the day the goose bumps go away, his career should end and Flair said he has goose bumps tonight. He said tonight was the end of a journey he's lived for so many years.

Flair put over the other members of this year's Hall of Fame class. He said it was special to receive the honor while still active. He said that he wants all of the talents to know how much he respects all of them and thanks them for their friendship and respect. He said the last 7 years have been special to him and he's honored to be inducted in Orlando, "the second home of Space Mountain".

Flair talked about working in Florida as a territory and doing interviews with Gordon Solie. Flair said he owes everything he had, has, and will be to the wrestling business. He said he hopes that fans realize that Flair gave everyone the best he could.

Flair thanked those who helped him who are no longer with them.

Ric Flair talked about being laid up after his plane crash and George Scott suggesting he be modeled after Buddy Rogers. He thanked Scott for seeing something in him.

Flair began talking about the toughness of Blackjack Mulligan and living next to him. Flair told a story of Blackjack and Barry Windham against The Andersons and BJ not liking how it was going. He sent Windham to the locker room, hit Ole and Gene, then told them if they wanted a piece of him, he'll be waiting in their locker room. He said the Andersons still haven't entered. He praised Blackjack's ability to show how special he is and told the young talents that is what they need to do... show how special they are.

Flair discussed winning the NWA title from Harley Race.

This is seriously beyond awesome. If you ever loved Ric Flair, the NWA or WCW, you need to see this speech.

Flair talked for a long time about his friendship with Ken Patera and said Ken introduced Flair to Verne Gagne.

Gagne warned Flair there was no quitting if he started training. He said the second day, he wanted to quit and talked a long time about training in Gagne's barn. He quit and went home. Gagne came to Flair's house and threw him down and told him to come back. A week later Flair quit again and Gagne called and warned him to come back or he was coming over. Flair returned and 2 months later he was in the business.

Flair began telling Wahoo McDaniel stories I couldn't do justice too. He praised Wahoo for teaching him and showing him how to be the best.

Flair said Dusty Rhodes became one of his idols and wanted to be just like him. He told stories about wanting to be Rambling Ricky Rhodes when he was breaking in and said Dusty's connection to the fans was as awesome as anything Flair has ever seen. He talked about Dusty seeing something in him and naming the first Starrcade 'A Flair for the Gold'. He said Dusty is the most charismatic person in the business.

Flair said his greatest opponent was Rick Steamboat, saying that was "as good as it got" and he's fortunate to have had Steamboat to work with to create a body of work that will stand the test of time.

Flair talked about working in St. Louis under Sam Muschnick, saying it was the crown jewel of the NWA and praised Sam for his integrity and honesty. He said wrestling there was as big an honor as it was to wrestle in Madison Square Garden and anywhere in the Carolinas.

Flair praised the Crockett family for pushing him to be NWA champ. He said he wishes them nothing but the best.

Flair pointed out Carlos Colon in the crowd and talked about how Carlos and Vince McMahon Sr. were the deciding votes to make him NWA champ. Flair told a story about sending in a heel promo about hating Trinidad that got him arrested when he arrived. Flair told the story about the riot in the Dominican Republic and that Carlos paid off the airline for Flair to travel without a passport.

Flair said no one will understand how good the Four Horsemen were inside and outside the ring. He praised Arn, Malenko, Mongo and Benoit (by name) and said they were the reason he came back to WCW. Benoit's name got some boos but mostly cheers.

Flair began crying as he praised Arn Anderson as a friend and as a performer. He told some great stories about partying with Arn and told him he loved him.

Flair praised Tommy Young and Charles Robinson for their great referee work. Nora Greenwald was sitting with Robinson.

Flair praised Gordon Solie and Jim Ross provided the soundtrack of his career. Flair said no one could ever replace Jim Ross and that he knew the business inside and out.

Flair said Bobby Heenan was the greatest manager and one of the greatest workers of all time. He told some stories of Heenan managing the Blackjacks when a riot broke out. He said Heenan is not in good health right now but he wants everyone to know he's one of the best friends Flair ever had.

Flair then told some stories about Gene Okerlund and said he wouldn't have made it through WCW without going drinking with him after the shows. He said Okerlund is wrestling and is awesome.

Flair talked about his confidence issues and thanked Michael Hayes for being a close friend and for never letting Flair forget who he was. He told a tory about seeing Hayes with Cher and Greg Allman.

They just gave Flair a "go home" sign, which the crowd booed.

Flair said he knows his last match could be tomorrow and it could be in front of his family at ringside and told Shawn "to be the man you have to beat the man". He thanked everyone for their love.

Flair praised Undertaker for being so great in the ring and that he loved their match at Wrestlemania 18.

Flair thanked the McMahons and said Vince has treated him with nothing but respect while Linda is one of the smartest women he's ever known. Flair said when the time comes, WWE will be in equally good hands with Stephanie and Shane.

Flair praised John Cena's love and passion. He said he's tireless and is the "go to guy" in the company. Flair said his heart is in the business and he won't leave the business for Hollywood. Flair said he corrupted Cena and told stories about making him drink.

Flair said he was tired of hearing Hulk Hogan was the greatest of all time in the WWF and WWE when it was really Steve Austin. He said Austin was the best.

Another "go home" sign. More boos.

Flair praised Batista and Randy Orton. Flair said he lives his life vicariously thru Batista now.

They are rushing Flair since the Hall is on the air now.

Flair praised HHH and said he wishes he could wrestle him back when Flair was good. Flair then talked about Shawn Michaels saying he was way ahead of Flair a long time ago but tomorrow, Shawn has "The Man" to contend with.

Flair said he's so thankful to have a wonderful family. He said his father was the bravest man he ever knew and his mom is amazing. He said his wife is his best friend and inspires him every day. Flair told his kids he loved them and thanked his first two wives for all their hard work as mothers. His children were all crying.

The fans were very upset at the constant calls for Flair to wrap up, and at one point turned their wrath towards Triple H, who helplessly responded with a "It's not my call" expression.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 12:28 AM

John Morrison has no nickels.lmao, that's some funny shit. Carlito and Punk...

BigRock
03-30-2008, 12:31 AM
What was with all the guys taking pot shots at the Rock?
He took up an hour, they were making fun of him for going long.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 12:37 AM
I love the Rock, and man, the gap between him and anybody in WWE now is about marianas trench deep, but seeing him talk about his love for the business almost made me laugh. Not that he didn't love it when he was in it, but he's a hollywood boy now, through and through, he's never coming back. And God could they use him.

I almost felt sorry for Cena. He was probably the most genuine (young) guy on stage tonight when he talked about his love and respect, and he got booed out of the building by the smarks.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Colt Cabana sighting on Punk's WrestleMania Diary: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/exclusives/6731672

Mecca
03-30-2008, 12:51 AM
Flairs comment about how Cena loves the business and won't leave for Hollywood to me is a total pot shot at the Rock.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 01:06 AM
Flairs comment about how Cena loves the business and won't leave for Hollywood to me is a total pot shot at the Rock.Yeah, it read that way to me, too. I don't think that aired, or if it did, I missed it.

Hydrae
03-30-2008, 10:35 AM
So, what is the general feeling? Will Michaels beat Flair tonight and end his career?

I was certainly thinking that Flair was going to lose to end his career on the big stage. After that speech last night I am willing to bet that Flair will win a hard fought match and then announce his retirement. That way he can go out on a win instead of a loss. Either way, I think there is little doubt that tonight will be Flair's last match.

eazyb81
03-30-2008, 11:21 AM
I almost felt sorry for Cena. He was probably the most genuine (young) guy on stage tonight when he talked about his love and respect, and he got booed out of the building by the smarks.

I have no idea why they don't give Cena a heel turn, the fans are begging for it. He's never going to be the ultra babyface Vince wants, at least at this point, so why don't they take him heel and inject some life back into his character?

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 02:01 PM
I have no idea why they don't give Cena a heel turn, the fans are begging for it. He's never going to be the ultra babyface Vince wants, at least at this point, so why don't they take him heel and inject some life back into his character?His core fanbase is little kids/little girls, and I don't think they want to risk losing it with a heel turn.

Funny thing is, the WWE audience right now gets all confused anyway. It's nothing out of the ordinary to hear them cheering heels, happens with Edge and Orton all the time.

I still think one of the coolest things to happen recently was the retarded "Orton/Cena versus Raw" match a couple of weeks ago (I don't mean the match itself was retarded, just the idea of it...). By the end of that match, that crowd was tearing the roof off cheering for the two of them, the mortal enemies.

As for Flair, I have no idea, but my guess is Flair loses, and it wouldn't shock me for one of them to 'screw' the other over by ending the match early against the script to make sure he loses. Because you know both of them want to put the other one over.

Fruit Ninja
03-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Flairs comment about how Cena loves the business and won't leave for Hollywood to me is a total pot shot at the Rock.

I doubt the Rock gives a shit. Hmm... make movies in Hollywood or wrestle and be on the road for 300 days a year. Tough choice.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 03:47 PM
We're in the Final Four! I'M BUYING WRESTLEMANIA!!!!!!!

eazyb81
03-30-2008, 03:59 PM
I doubt the Rock gives a shit. Hmm... make movies in Hollywood or wrestle and be on the road for 300 days a year. Tough choice.

That may be true, but given his wrestling heritage, I guarantee that he would like to be taken seriously by the wrestling brotherhood.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Wrestling is such a terrible business that I'm alternately happy for and mad at Rocky. I can't blame him at all, though.

He should sign a deal to just show up on Raw and insult the roster every six months or so.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 04:47 PM
ECW Battle Royal prediction:

http://i29.tinypic.com/2eltgsg.gif

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 04:47 PM
I'M BUYING WRESTLEMANIA!!!!!!!I ordered it last night. It's recording it, so I'll probably start watching the preshow shit about 6:30 and then the main show so I can fast-forward through all the vignettes I've seen about 8 billion times.

Hydrae
03-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Ny kids are watching it live but I work until 9, get home around 10. We are recording it so I can watch a couple of matches I am interested in like the Flair match. Now I just have to stay out of this thread once it starts. :)

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Spoiler for tonight:

http://i25.tinypic.com/eq9yd2.jpg

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 05:37 PM
THE SETUP LOOKS ****ING AWESOME

Bye Festus!

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Awesome spot with Jamie Noble climbing up the bodies of eliminated competitors to avoid hitting the floor, but then blammo.

Khali is too big to skin the cat.

Kane vs. Henry and Snitsky. Definitely going to be Kane-Chavo. I guess some sort of screwjob finish to allow Chavo to retain. Maybe intentional DQ.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 06:06 PM
We open with Finlay murdering JBL!

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 06:09 PM
JBL is either sucking in hardcore or he's had lipo on his gut.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 06:19 PM
HOLY SHIT! Finlay went flying with a suicide dive and JBL nailed him with a garbage can lid. Reminiscent of the Jericho-Benoit chair shot.

Hahaha, JBL just threw a garbage can at Hornswoggle.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Nooooooooo! Not like this, damnit!

/Cole

Seriously, why did JBL win? What the ****?

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 06:24 PM
MITB TIME!

Now listen! This ain't no make believe!

Morrison's entrance graphic was awwwwwwwesome.

The set is like 9 miles tall.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Joust between MVP and Jericho, but Jericho's ladder was bigger. Awesome.

JESUS CHRIST MORRISON

SUNSETBOMBPLEX

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Lollin' at Carlito's reaction to Shelton going splat.

kstater
03-30-2008, 06:40 PM
You called it, Matt Hardy back.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 06:42 PM
MATTVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 06:45 PM
PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNK!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY'RE BURYING PUNK GOD DAMNIT!!!!!!!

kstater
03-30-2008, 07:14 PM
WTF!!!!

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Things we've learned so far tonight:

- Santino is still awesome
- Umaga is a face in Orlando
- The ECW title is in a strange place right now

OH **** FLAIR TIME

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Things we've learned so far tonight:

- THEY'RE BURYING PUNK DAMNIT
- Santino is still awesome
- Umaga is a face in Orlando and Batista sucks
- The ECW title is in a strange place right now

OH **** FLAIR TIME

unothadeal
03-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Stand up you guys! :shake:

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Stand up you guys! :shake:"I can't, I'm in a wheelchair!"

:(

unothadeal
03-30-2008, 07:28 PM
"I can't, I'm in a wheelchair!"

:(

That's botchamania material right there.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 07:28 PM
That is one hell of a robe. Those fireworks... wow.

Little Naitch!

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 07:31 PM
First hour awesome (once I ffwd through the bullshit brawl).

I still can't believe they gave it to punk, and you know he's using it tonight, they just played that up too much. God I hope it's edge and not chavo. Just imagine, Edge ends taker's streak in a long bloody match, and then out comes punk with edge down to take the title just like edge got both the mitb and the title.

Too soon to put a 'real' title on him, though. It'll be chavo, if they do it tonight.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 07:33 PM
rofl, Michael Cole just said "Umaga and Bootista" at the beginning of the raw/sd match, right after the bell rang.

kstater
03-30-2008, 07:35 PM
That might have cracked a couple ribs.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 07:35 PM
ASAI MOTHER****ING MOONSAULT ONTO THE TABLE

Shawn, you rock so hard.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 07:43 PM
ROFL, so much for Chavo. That may have been the greatest squash ever.

Is it just me or does Bootista look legit hurt?

I think I'm almost caught up to the live show.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 07:51 PM
That was amazing.

I'm on the verge of tears. Jesus.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-30-2008, 07:53 PM
whats going on

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
whats going onFlair-Shawn was an unbelievable match with a downright beautiful finish. Shawn said, "I'm sorry," Flair was like, "WELL GET ON WITH IT MOTHE--," and then HBK broke out the SCM (the third or fourth of the match). After the three count Shawn kissed Flair on the forehead.

Now a curtain call.

Oh sweet, piss break. I needed that.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-30-2008, 07:57 PM
dammit i should have forked over the 50 bucks, o well keep me updated

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 08:05 PM
dammit i should have forked over the 50 bucks, o well keep me updated
I was very hesitant, and this is the first PPV I've bought since... InVasion, I think. Completely worth the FIFTY-FIVE ****ING DOLLARS, and the Mayweather-Show match and Edge Time haven't even happened yet.

Finlay-JBL was a great opener, MITB was outstanding, Batista-Youmanga was actually pretty fun aside from the Batista Bomb botch at the end, Kane-Chavo was hilarious, and Flair-HBK... good God. Someone else said it best: "I love wrestling right now more than I have in a long time."

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 08:07 PM
This is the first show I've bought since WM last year. It's blowing that one away (and it was a good show). That was about as perfect an end to the Flair match as they could have done.

And I knew it had to be the diva shitfest after that, there's no way you'd be able to put on a real match after that...

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 08:08 PM
ROFL, mercedes snoop-mobile.

"Bizz-uggy, fo shizzle" from lawler, lmao.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Hahahaha, the lights just went out during the Playboy match.

OH MY GOD I BET IT'S STING!

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 08:14 PM
It was God saving us from Ashley and Maria's "wrestling".

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Wait, are they putting the triple threat third from the top?! Awesome.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 08:18 PM
FAMU Marching 100! Where were you guys for MVP's entrance?

Okay, that's an awesome rendition of Cena's theme.

unothadeal
03-30-2008, 08:20 PM
This music goes great with Cena's video.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Samoa Beth with the Musclebuster and snoop dog with the clothsline, lmao.

I'm not all that surprised the 3-way's next, and I'd probably have swapped it with Flair's match. It's one of the least interesting matches on the card IMO, they haven't done a very good job of building it.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 08:21 PM
You can't see him! (Because the lights are still ****ed up)

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Ohhhhhh shit, those fireworks are awesome. God, they should have Wrestlemania outdoors every year.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 08:24 PM
That Cena entrance was just weird.

And I will never understand why people cheer for Levesque.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 08:25 PM
I hope this match doesn't suck.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Good, Orton retaining was the right call.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 08:45 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zdpvfc.gifhttp://i28.tinypic.com/2zdpvfc.gifhttp://i28.tinypic.com/2zdpvfc.gifhttp://i28.tinypic.com/2zdpvfc.gifhttp://i28.tinypic.com/2zdpvfc.gifhttp://i28.tinypic.com/2zdpvfc.gif

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Very weird featuring taker in that backlash spot.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 08:53 PM
I hope that's real money.

Star pyro, haha. I ****ING LOVE THIS.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 08:53 PM
If you'd have told me six months ago that Big Show would be fighting Floyd Mayweather in the semi-main at Wrestlemania 24, I'd have laughed at you.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 08:56 PM
If you'd have told me six months ago that Big Show would be fighting Floyd Mayweather in the semi-main at Wrestlemania 24, I'd have laughed at you.This is going to be so weird. I hope it's a good weird, but even if it's a Wrestlecrap classic, the rest of the PPV makes that okay.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 08:56 PM
I can't wait to see what they put together for this.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Wonder if we're going to see some kind of run-in?

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 09:00 PM
This is great, I'm laughing my ass off.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Princess Bride style.

Mayweather has a bitch scream second only to Jericho's!

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Brass knuckles! ****ing old school!

God damn, Mayweather was born to be a wrestler.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 09:10 PM
lmao, exactly what I thought it would be.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 09:10 PM
I LOVE RELIANT STADIUM!!!!!!!!

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Damn, on the replay, that punch looked as bad as the one Big Show put on Jericho. Talk about taking one for the team.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 09:13 PM
The only way this PPV could be more awesome is Edge winning as the Edgeheads get taken out, then Punk cashing in the MITB to win the WHC.

Damn, on the replay, that punch looked as bad as the one Big Show put on Jericho. Talk about taking one for the team.Seriously, there have been some STIFF shots lately. HD has its drawbacks, I guess.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 09:16 PM
The only way this PPV could be more awesome is Edge winning as the Edgeheads get taken out, then Punk cashing in the MITB to win the WHC.Yeah, I mentioned that earlier. I don't think it could possibly happen, but talk about moving a guy into the main event immediately...

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 09:17 PM
I have this worry in the back of my mind that they're going to make Punk the first guy to lose when he cashes in. Or they're going to waste it on the ECW title, 'cause, come on...that title's not shit...

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 09:17 PM
This match should be epic.

unothadeal
03-30-2008, 09:22 PM
It'd be cool if Taker won, then CM Punk came to cash in the MITB but Undertaker still beats him, then going 17-0

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 09:22 PM
I just had the funniest f*cking thought:

Could you imagine a king booker entrance with this setup? He would've taken an hour to get to the ring, with Regal saying "all hail king booker!" about 25,000 times, roflmao

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Oh shit. I just had an idea. A crazy idea.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Oh shit. I just had an idea. A crazy idea.Spill it!

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Taker beats Edge.

Punk comes out, challenges Taker and he ends the streak, going heel in the process with his straight-edge 'better than you' persona from ROH.

Taker goes after him for Backlash.

Never happen in a million years, but damn.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Jesus Christ, reason #1 I wish this wasn't the main event:

Michael Cole and the Coach are ending the goddamn show.

The only thing that could top that is a Don West cameo.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Holy shit, I don't think Edge meant to do that. LMAO

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Yay. Boo. Yay. Boo.

rofl

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 09:42 PM
This is been a good match. It'll probably be even better the second time I watch it, with the sound off.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 09:47 PM
REF BUMP!

Somewhere Vince Russo is cheering.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Poor Charles Robinson, roflmao

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 09:53 PM
That was an awesome match, but I wanted edge to retain.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 09:59 PM
That was an awesome match, but I wanted edge to retain.And in retrospect, I should have known that wasn't gonna happen after Orton retained...

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Yeah. I'm an Edge mark, but I can live with him dropping it in such an awesome match in the main event of WrestleMania. And yeah, after Orton won, there was no way they'd send the fans home with another heel winning.

Little Naitch running, and running, and running was hilarious.

Amazing PPV.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Just think, it's entirely possible that a year from now we'll be talking about CM Punk in one of the 3 main events of 'mania in Houston (I wonder if we'll see an HBK retirement match?)

Reaper16
03-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Yeah, 'Mania was pretty awesome. I haven't bought a PPV since MW23; 24 did not disappoint.

Thoughts:

Punk winning the MitB confuses me. I looove Punk, but I have no idea where they're going to take him now that he's got that title shot in his pocket. Bad-ass match either way. The resumption of the MVP/Matt Hardy feud tickles me in the loins.

Orton retaining was simply a joyous blast of sunshine spliced with choral song from angels on high. I haven't been that elated at a sports/entertainment function since the Giants beat the Patriots in the SB.

The finish to Edge/'Taker was cool. I love Edge, but I'm an immense 'Taker mark and don't want to see the streak go down to someone that isn't a young, rising talent. Anyway, the finish -- the gogoplata out of a spear -- its like they've been building to that finish since January, with Undertaker building up that move and getting it over.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Punk winning the MitB confuses me. I looove Punk, but I have no idea where they're going to take him now that he's got that title shot in his pocket. Logical first step in his build would be a feud with Jericho, with Jericho taking a heel turn. They need to get him off ECW, though, especially if they're starting a program with Kane as a face champion.

I really hope they don't waste that mitb shot on an ECW title match...

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 11:15 PM
The finish to Edge/'Taker was cool. I love Edge, but I'm an immense 'Taker mark and don't want to see the streak go down to someone that isn't a young, rising talent. Anyway, the finish -- the gogoplata out of a spear -- its like they've been building to that finish since January, with Undertaker building up that move and getting it over.I remember reading a Lance Storm rant about how the gogoplata was a terrible finisher for a guy like Taker and agreed with it completely. That being said, THIS finish was the absolute perfect culmination of the way they built it up as a dangerous finisher. It really is like they had the WrestleMania main event in mind when they came up with it in the first place.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 11:35 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/2hxnn00.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/2i8j6fk.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/2dsmsfn.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/2d9tti0.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/nphr14.jpg

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Shelton's bump onto the ladder was sick (didn't edge take that same bump one year?)

I think Bootista might be hurt bad.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 11:46 PM
He's either really hurt, or that was the worst power bomb ever.

Well, okay, it was the worst power bomb ever regardless of whether he's hurt or not.

Watching MITB again, I just realized how AWESOME Smackdown is going to be with MattVP and hopefully Punk feuding with Edge.

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 11:52 PM
I think an Orton/Punk feud would be fun, personally. Orton treats him like a dirt jobber nobody and Punk just does what he does.

But, of course, that'll never go over with the King and SuperCena on the show...

All the talent's on Raw tomorrow night, so who knows what's happening. I'm pretty sure a draft is coming in the next month.

Ultra Peanut
03-30-2008, 11:57 PM
All the talent's on Raw tomorrow night, so who knows what's happening. I'm pretty sure a draft is coming in the next month.Probably at least a couple of months, if I had to guess. It's always funny watching the brand split gradually erode into meaninglessness over the course of a year, though.

God, I have a test in like 10 hours. How the **** am I supposed to sleep after Memphis makes the Final Four and WWE puts on their best WrestleMania in a long time?

keg in kc
03-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Probably at least a couple of months, if I had to guess. It's always funny watching the brand split gradually erode into meaninglessness over the course of a year, though.It's supposed to be april 21st, the next 3-hour raw.

Spectre
03-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Good God I can't believe you hillbillies still watch wrestling. :rolleyes:

Don't most people grow out of that by high school?

Mecca
03-31-2008, 01:00 AM

Well that really added alot....what an intelligent commentary you have added.

Rausch
03-31-2008, 01:03 AM

I was thinking about it but then I started reading. Did you know that after reading some Louisa May Alcott I reconsidered.

"Resolve to take fate by the throat and shake a living out of her."

That'n there tolds me ta' wait fer' the HULK to make his comeback at 'round 80...

Reaper16
03-31-2008, 01:17 AM

Don't most people grow out of that caliber of trash-talk by the seventh grade?

keg in kc
03-31-2008, 04:54 AM
Flair's Doom and Carlito's best move ever.

dirk digler
03-31-2008, 08:06 AM
This was the first PPV wrestling event I had ever purchased and it will definitely be the last. I have seen Monday Night Raws better then the crap last night. The only 2 good\great matches were the MITB and the Flair match.

JBL\Finlay = Why the hell did the have JBL win? It was stupid IMO they should have let Finlay beat the living shit out of JBL and leave him a bloody mess.

MITB = great match

Flair\Shawn Michaels = definitely the best match of the night. I love the part where Shawn said I love you and I am sorry and then super kicked Flair.

Triple Threat match = I was hoping something better then this. The intros lasted longer then the match. I was shocked that Orton retained I would have bet alot of money that HHH would have won.

Mayweather\Big Show = I knew this match was going to suck and it lived up to that.

Undertaker\Edge = It was an ok match. I am definitely glad Undertaker won

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Oops (http://www.wftv.com/news/15748647/detail.html).

And Dirk, you is crazy.

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2008, 05:36 PM
http://i29.tinypic.com/qqy58w.jpg

keg in kc
03-31-2008, 08:15 PM
What the f*ck?

JBL? Going from Cena/HHH to f*cking JBL?!?!?! You're seriously wasting my time with JBL?!?!

And what's up with the Matt Hardy run-in?

keg in kc
03-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Holy shit, cryme tyme. I thought they were banned forever.

keg in kc
03-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Sweet, Jericho/Punk.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-31-2008, 08:33 PM
Sweet, Jericho/Punk.

On Raw? That's odd. I actually get the east coast live feed of Raw on USAHD. Very nice. I have NEVER.....EVVVVVAR seen Punk wrestle. I know, I'm a cross breed between a red neck's loser, and everyone else's too.........

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2008, 08:44 PM
What the **** is going on tonight? JBL and Hardy going after Orton instead of RapadooooGAMETALKATALKATALK, POP A 40 AND CHECK YA ROLLIES with a "Welcome Back" chant, and now the HooliganZ are not only not broken up but they just beat the shitty tag team champions? And Punk-Jericho is coming up?

It's almost like they're going to try to have a tag division again (you know, for a couple of weeks) and set up an epic chase where everyone wants a piece of Orton.

Whatever the **** they're smoking, I hope they keep it up.

Flair-Steamboat clips, awesome.

keg in kc
03-31-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm stunned that I'm watching Punk and Jericho wrestle the semi-main.

And there's heat, the audience is actually into it.

(That's the difference between wrestling before/after SD taping and live on raw, not to mention Jericho instead of Chavico...)

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2008, 09:02 PM
This crowd is great. I guess there are a lot of holdovers from WrestleMania.

"Welcome Back!" was positively ROH-esque, and now dueling "Let's go Jericho! CM Punk!" chants.

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Not a bad match at all, and I have no problem with Jericho pulling out a snappy finish to top Punk in a competitive match.

I'm stunned that I'm watching Punk and Jericho wrestle the semi-main.

And there's heat, the audience is actually into it.

(That's the difference between wrestling before/after SD taping and live on raw, not to mention Jericho instead of Chavico...)The ECWs before Smackdown tapings generally have decent crowds, but the ones after SD tapings are just burnt out and completely brutal.

They should air Flair highlight packages between matches for all of the TV shows from here on out.

keg in kc
03-31-2008, 09:04 PM
Well, that kind of sucked for Punk, but they at least made it competitive.

Hopefully this is the start of a program, and Punk's now on Raw.

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2008, 09:11 PM
"Congratulations to all of you."

LMAO

Big Show bout ta **** Khali up, I suppose.

"YOU CAN'T WRESTLE!" chants now, Jesus Christ! This ****ing crowd!

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2008, 09:14 PM
SHOW'S GONNA KILL YOU ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2008, 09:20 PM
"Did Snoopy the Dog take you to dinner? Kibbles and the Bits?"

Santino SHOULD be in the royal battle, damnit!

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2008, 09:24 PM
I could slap a tomato!
And dry up the seeds!

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2008, 09:58 PM
JoJo Dillon

Steamboat, awesome!

Race!

I wish I could say I was surprised to see Valentine look like a puffer fish.

Captain Obvious
03-31-2008, 09:59 PM
This is pretty awesome.

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2008, 10:01 PM
Malenko! Y2J and JoJo are reunited and it feels so good!

Benoit and Woman should be in that ring, god damnit. :sulk:

Hey, where's Mongo?

Mile High Mania
03-31-2008, 10:17 PM
It's too bad that Sting couldn't partake... that was a great rivalry.

OmahaChief
03-31-2008, 10:21 PM
The Flair Farewell brought tears to my eyes tonight. Flair and the Original Horsemen were what made me watch wrestling as a kid. When they broke up I was crushed then the new Horsemen came around and while they were OK they could not touch the originals. It was great to see them back together again and them also announce Malenko as a Horsemen as some might not have remember he was one.

All that was good in wrestling is now gone to me. Don't get me wrong I like Triple H and a couple of the new guys but none of them can get me to mark out like Flair and that NWA gang back in the day.

I will truly miss Ric Flair. He will always be the man. He's a jet flyin, limo ridin, kiss stealin, wheelin dealin son of a gun. Wooo. Take a ride on space mountain because to be the man you have to beat the man!

Mile High Mania
03-31-2008, 10:38 PM
It's quite fitting that Flair's career came to an end in Orlando... the home of Space Mountain. Rhodes said it best, you have legends and you have icons... Flair is a national treasure.

WHOOOOOOOOOO!

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-31-2008, 11:14 PM
This was the first PPV wrestling event I had ever purchased and it will definitely be the last. I have seen Monday Night Raws better then the crap last night. The only 2 good\great matches were the MITB and the Flair match.

JBL\Finlay = Why the hell did the have JBL win? It was stupid IMO they should have let Finlay beat the living shit out of JBL and leave him a bloody mess.

MITB = great match

Flair\Shawn Michaels = definitely the best match of the night. I love the part where Shawn said I love you and I am sorry and then super kicked Flair.

Triple Threat match = I was hoping something better then this. The intros lasted longer then the match. I was shocked that Orton retained I would have bet alot of money that HHH would have won.

Mayweather\Big Show = I knew this match was going to suck and it lived up to that.

Undertaker\Edge = It was an ok match. I am definitely glad Undertaker won

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I was actually shocked by the end of several matches.

As an Orton mark, him winning, and doing so with the concussion kick, which they have built for the last 10 months, is a great way of finally letting him come full circle. The WWE has always let on that they have a lot invested in Orton. Now they have a heel to play foil to Cena for the next 10 years.

I was surprised that JBL won, but that trash can shot to the head off of a suicide dive was motherf*ckin' balla. I was hoping MVP would win MITB, but Punk is a good pick as long as they move him to SD! where he can grow.

The WHT match was a very good match, and they made Edge look like a complete f*cking badass even though he took a clean loss as a heel (and that's tough to do). I thought the booking committee, save for the ECW squash, did a very good job last night of shocking the audience and having logical endings w/o f*cking them.

Floyd Mayweather is a great natural heel, and he played the role perfectly. You couldn't book that match any better given the limitations.

The one thing that did bother me:

I thought the Triple threat match and WHT should have both ran 28-30 minutes. It's Wrestlemania. You can find that time. They came in well short of four hours. To me, that's one of the biggest differences of current WM's--their matches are too short.

All told, though, a great show.

No, it wasn't 17, but it was damn sure the best since 20 (slightly ahead of 22, which had a semi-main of 11 minutes, WTF??)

keg in kc
04-01-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm glad the crowd was as good as it was, because they turned the whole show into something, from top-to-bottom.

And I hope people realize just how historic what we saw tonight really was. Vince gave up almost 20 minutes of Raw to the retirement of Ric Flair...

We will never - ever - see another retirement ceremony like that. There's never going to be another Flair, never another 35 year career, never the kind of emotion we saw (even Orton was in tears, next to the sobbing big show). It seemed even worse (in a good way...) than the HoF ceremony.

This was the end of a legend, and they did it right.

keg in kc
04-01-2008, 02:32 AM
This is either the fireworks at WM or early test footage of the cloverfield sequel...

http://www.wesh.com/video/15751123/index.html

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2008, 09:31 PM
"APRIL FOOL'S, JAJA!" LMAO

Oh Jesus, Show's gonna kill Colin. Wait, Smackdown logo for Show? I thought he was a Raw wrestler. The look on Show's face is just beautiful.

"LET HIM LIVE! LET HIM LIVE!" LMAO

Colin's extra spin after hitting the ground was great.

keg in kc
04-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Wait, Smackdown logo for Show? I thought he was a Raw wrestler. He's going to smackdown to feud with Khali. That was was he was originally scheduled to do with his re-debut, but he got hurt, and then the Mayweather thing happened.

I can't figure out what they're doing with Punk. There's some talk they're moving him to Raw. I'm a little worried about the way they were teasing him and Kane, though. I think if they really want to push him as legit for winning MitB and try to build him over the next year, they need to get him off ECW asap. I think a Jericho feud would be the perfect thing, have Jericho keep beating him but build slowly for an IC title vs. MitB match with Punk finally going over.

Although the idea of having him come up against a pissed off MitB opponent on every show is kind of cool, too. He shouldn't beat Jericho 1v1 yet, or MVP, not until he's established, but I think the other 4 guys would all be fair game.

keg in kc
04-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Cameraphone footage of the entire Flair ceremony. This is part 3 of 4, right at the start of taker's entrance after Raw went off the air. Most touching thing to me is that Vince came out with no pomp and just hugged flair. No music, no entrance, just down, quick hugs and he got the hell out of the ring and started clapping with everybody else.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q07EoupiGjg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q07EoupiGjg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Duck Dog
04-02-2008, 08:31 AM
I have to ask. What does the thread title mean exactly?

Ultra Peanut
04-02-2008, 11:06 AM
I have to ask. What does the thread title mean exactly?Simply a reference to RAW!

IS!

JERICHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!, and the bit in parenthesis indicated my suspicion that Sir Randall of Ortonia's WWE title reign would be painfully short.

But here we are, half a year later. Not only is Orton still champion, but Jericho's back, too.

Duck Dog
04-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Thank ya kindly.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-03-2008, 02:55 AM
Here is a great torrent of WM XXIV in HD.

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4109185/WWE_Wrestlemania_XXIV_HD_2008-03-30_XviD-SC-SDH_

Ultra Peanut
04-04-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm Maverick Matt, and I LOVE DOUBLE DOUBLE E!!!!!!!

keg in kc
04-04-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm Maverick Matt, and I LOVE DOUBLE DOUBLE E!!!!!!!That was so f'n random. I wonder if people even remembered Vladimir Kozlov from over a year ago...

Ultra Peanut
04-04-2008, 10:00 PM
It's kind of funny to me that the big stiff who was recommended by Jerry Jarrett had his first TV match against a TNA refugee.

God, he first popped up with his Double Double E shtick in 2006. And even now, it's obvious how much he still sucks in the ring. Just sad.

Ultra Peanut
04-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Holy shit, Nattie!

keg in kc
04-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Holy shit, Nattie!I heard she was debuting tonight. Was that during the diva segment I ffw'd through?

Ultra Peanut
04-04-2008, 10:20 PM
I heard she was debuting tonight. Was that during the diva segment I ffw'd through?Yeah. Michelle McCool won a chopper or something, then Victoria came out, then McCool beat up Vickie (sigh) but Nattie came out of nowhere to smack the shit out of McCool.

keg in kc
04-04-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm not sure which match I'm less interested in seeing, tonight's Kane/Undertaker match, or Kane/Chavo at Backlash.

Ultra Peanut
04-04-2008, 10:49 PM
The Backlash match should be fun, if only to see Chavo heeling it up like the champ he is.

Also:

Bob Ryder is reporting that TNA booker Vince Russo is currently writing a new book that will be titled "How WCW Killed Vince Russo." The book will focus on his decision to WWE and continue thought his present day job as a TNA match maker. "How WCW Killed Vince Russo" is expected to be released late this year or early 2009.wtfwtfwtf

Reaper16
04-05-2008, 02:07 AM
The Backlash match should be fun, if only to see Chavo heeling it up like the champ he is.

Also:

wtfwtfwtf
Is that a left-over April Fool's joke?

Ultra Peanut
04-06-2008, 08:48 AM
God damn.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/specialevent/wrestling/2008/04/chris_benoits_wife_called_wwes.html

From the Wrestling Observer newsletter, via our friends at prowrestling.net -- apparently a text message from the Benoits' cell phone reveals this message sent from Nancy to Chris a month and a half before last June's murder-suicide:

"I will not accept this steroid induced roller coaster ride of emotional abuse. Ignoring the problem or running away isn't going to help you face it. You need professional (help) and only if you're fully honest about all of it."

And later that day: "Get off the stuff. It's obvious (you're on). I'm probably not the only one who can see and we both know the wellness program is a joke."So ****ing tragic.

keg in kc
04-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Not being much of a basketball fan, I watched raw during the championship. Pretty shitty show. Two diva matches. No Punk (which makes losing to Jericho last week even more bizarre...). Two handicap matches, one where Hun-Tor beats both Orton and JBL with no interference, and one where Cena needs Orton's help to beat Hun-Tor and JBL (at the end of which Hun-Tor stands and watches Cena pin his "partner" making BL a 4-way - gee, I wonder who's winning).

In other words, if you didn't watch it, you didn't miss much.

Reaper16
04-07-2008, 11:57 PM
From what I caught of Raw during commercials, it was worthless. Like they knew that people would be watching Bball.

Ultra Peanut
04-08-2008, 01:01 AM
Hahahahaha that was awful.

Raw was so bad, I would have almost rather watched the last two minutes of regulation again.

keg in kc
04-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Don't say I didn't warn you.

I just can't believe they're wasting MitB on ECW. I almost feel sorry for Punk.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-08-2008, 01:44 AM
God, those handicap matches were just awful, awful booking.

Instead of having someone come in (like say, Cena) to cause a DQ and put Triple Haitch in the match, they have him go over the WWE Champ and the #1 Contender clean a week after they built up Orton with his biggest win ever.

Then, to top that off, they completely bury their "#1" contender by having him lose not one, but two handicap matches in one night.

Jesus Christ, is it 2003 again??

keg in kc
04-08-2008, 02:03 AM
God, those handicap matches were just awful, awful booking.

Instead of having someone come in (like say, Cena) to cause a DQ and put Triple Haitch in the match, they have him go over the WWE Champ and the #1 Contender clean a week after they built up Orton with his biggest win ever.

Then, to top that off, they completely bury their "#1" contender by having him lose not one, but two handicap matches in one night.

Jesus Christ, is it 2003 again??Yeah, that's what I was talking about earlier. Bury 3 guys to build Hun-Tor.

The audience was weird, too. That was the most pro-Hun-Tor/anti-Cena crowd I can remember. Cena's gotten buried audience-wise the last two weeks, which I understand (18+ males booing because their girlfriends/wives/daughters cheer for him...) but I don't get why people are cheering for Hun-Tor. He's been shoved in their faces for more than a decade.

Mecca
04-08-2008, 02:34 AM
Don't say I didn't warn you.

I just can't believe they're wasting MitB on ECW. I almost feel sorry for Punk.

They have a 3 hour raw on the 21st don't be surprised if it's a draft show and there are 0 plans for Punk to use his MITB on the ECW belt...so he's gonna be moving.

keg in kc
04-08-2008, 03:16 AM
They have a 3 hour raw on the 21st don't be surprised if it's a draft show and there are 0 plans for Punk to use his MITB on the ECW belt...so he's gonna be moving.It was announced that the show on the 21st was a draft show weeks and weeks ago. And yes, there've been rumors about Punk moving to Raw.

I'll believe it when I see it. They go back-and-forth on him so much, there's no telling what's next. He could win the title in a 3-way tomorrow night, and then lose 1v1 to Funaki on Smackdown right after, the way they've booked him in '08.

BigRock
04-08-2008, 03:54 AM
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5829/punkmotivatorfq4.jpg

Ultra Peanut
04-08-2008, 06:35 AM
WHAT. DO. MY. CREEPY FANS. SAY?

Ultra Peanut
04-08-2008, 07:20 AM
You know what I love about this fake sport? Even when I'm let down, it doesn't feel like I'm bleeding out from a gaping shotgun wound. I just bitch about the people who made those dumb decisions (usually Russo, before I learned not to be let down by TNA) and move on with my life. I can't hate CDR for missing free throws, because I love him too much, but I can sure as hell hate the morons running things in Orlando.

Hopefully Raw was an anomaly, though. Because god damn.

keg in kc
04-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Mr. MitB...one week you're facing Jericho, the next you're facing the Miz.

lmao @ Nitro on commentary. He and Taz with the "cleveland steamer" reference as Miz's nickname.

keg in kc
04-09-2008, 01:49 AM
rofl @ colin delaney's entrance. No music, video of him getting beat down with band-aid transitions.

And who the hell was that guy that debuted during the contract signing?

Web says developmental guy Justin "The Ox" LaRouche.

keg in kc
04-09-2008, 02:11 AM
This weeks SD sounds epically bad:

Smackdown opened with Great Khali coming out with his Indian dancers. Big Show comes out and Khali welcomes him with gifts, including a goat, a chicken and fine scotch. Big Show proceeds to knockout Khali with one punch. "It was truly one of the worst in ring segments of all time."

*WWE Tag Team champs The Miz and John Morrison defeated Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore. The match was solid.

*Vickie Guerrero and Edge were getting massages away from the venue with the night off.

Finlay defeated Matt Striker. There were lots of bad comedy with hornswoggle using a super soaker to spray Striker. He then used confetti to dump on Striker while Finlay came from behind with a bucket of water and dumped that on poor Matt. The finish saw Hornswoggle slam a plastic Shillelagh on striker which he grabbed. The referee took the toy away and with his back turned, Finlay used real Shillelagh and blasted Striker for the pin

Batista and Shawn Michaels had an awesome face off. Michaels promised to kick Batista's teeth in at the Backlash PPV. Michaels teased a superkick but Batista caught him and went for the Batista Bomb. Michaels escaped.

*Vladimir Kozlov defeated Matt Logan. This will never make TV, but Kozlov botched his introduction twice, first by heading out before they were filming and then walking backstage as the lights were on. Absolutely hysterical live.

Matt Hardy defeated Chuck Palumbo with the Twist of Fate. WWE United States champ MVP did commentary at ringside.

They did several vignettes with Edge and Vickie Guerrero to give the impression they were having sex.

*Undertaker defeated Festus with the gogoplata submission. Edge's crew attacked Undertaker, Batista ran in. They beat the faces down and Kane made the final save. They did stereo chokeslams to close the show.

Mecca
04-09-2008, 02:18 AM
Smackdown always reads worse than it really is.......I'm usually more entertained by ECW and Smackdown than Raw.

keg in kc
04-09-2008, 02:27 AM
Smackdown always reads worse than it really is.......I'm usually more entertained by ECW and Smackdown than Raw.Smackdown's always been the worst show to me. If I miss a show during the week, it's usually that one, never the other two.

Cole and Coachman probably have something to do with that. Hopefully Timmy Baltimore gets into the booth at some point.

Ultra Peanut
04-09-2008, 07:00 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iLABau9kC14&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iLABau9kC14&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
04-11-2008, 07:35 AM
Cryme Tyme's return just made me think of another comeback that would make me mark the **** out:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BrdEtc3Ljok&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BrdEtc3Ljok&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Kane vs. Cor Von to headline ECW for a bit, mmmmmmm. COME BACK MONTY.

Swanman
04-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Here's a nice little kayfabed story hyping the match between the Murder City Machine Guns and Age of the Fall (Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black) on 4/18 in ROH. Ultra Peanut, you will get a kick out of Alex Shelley's comments in the article. The match should be great and I'll be front row when the MCMGs face the Briscoe Brothers in Chicago on 4/19.

From Myspace To The Main Event
Thursday, April 10, 2008

Jimmy Jacobs and Alex Shelley have always been ahead of the curve. Their in ring moveset, characters and promos have always set the tone. Now in the era of the 'net they have heated up their rivalry on Myspace. It will come to a head on April 18th in Detroit when Jacobs & Tyler Black of The Age Of The Fall battle The Motor City Machine Guns of Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin in the "Tag Wars 2008" main event (tickets now on sale at www.ROHwrestling.com).

The history between Jacobs and Shelley started as each learned their craft in the Detroit area. They drove countless hours to various independent promotions together. They even rode over 12 hours to Philadelphia for a pre-show match at a Ring Of Honor event in an effort to earn a job. From there they won spots as a tag team until Shelley split up the duo and joined Generation Next.

Their in ring rivalry grew with several brutal bouts. However, soon their careers would take separate paths. As each matured they saw their stars shine in different promotions. Jacobs would win the ROH World Tag Team Titles on three occasions. Now Jacobs has reached a new career pinnacle as the leader of The Age Of The Fall with Tyler Black as his tag team partner.

Meanwhile, Alex Shelley formed an enormously successful tag team with Chris Sabin. Shelley & Sabin grew in popularity in the United States while winning titles in Japan for Zero-One. They even returned to ROH last year for a bout against Jay & Mark Briscoe that many fans called the match of the year. Jacobs and Shelley may not have crossed paths in recent years, but each of them have grown up on parallel paths in the wrestling industry.

When word reached Jacobs that Shelley & Sabin were making a special appearance for ROH on 4/18 in Detroit and 4/19 in Chicago, he reached for his keyboard. Jacobs wants those parallel paths to intersect and he figured there was no better place than where it all started for Jacobs and Shelley together- Detroit. Jacobs posted the following message on his Myspace:

"On to something else that is of personal significance to me, Alex Shelley makes his big Ring of Honor return on April 18 in Detroit. My real hatred for him is multi-layered. Our history is well documented, but in recent years our paths have diverged. While he parades himself as a national tv sell out, I have started a grass roots campaign, not in search of fame and money, but a goal to make a legitimate change in this world one person at a time. While he uses his tv time to simply feed his ego, I have touched people's lives in a very real way from the bottom up. And all that aside, I do have so many unsettled personal problems with him. It was a feud that began in 2002 in Detroit, and to this day, has never gotten any resolve in my mind. Beyond that, many people seem to believe that along with his tag team partner Chris Sabin, that the Murder/Motor City Machine Guns are the best tag team in the world. Well, while they failed to defeat the Briscoes in 2007, Tyler Black and I were the team successful to finally dethrone them to become the Ring of Honor world tag team champions. With so much to prove to the world, to society, to myself, to this business, to the fans, and to Alex Shelley, I'm making a campaign to bring our feud back to where it started. In Detroit, Michigan, the home of the Machine Guns, I'm putting the offer on the table to Ring of Honor as a company and to the Murder City Machine Guns to have the match... MCMG vs AOTF." - http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=2505822&blogID=365367608

Alex Shelley was quick to respond via his Myspace:

"There’s a saying, an old one like they always are, that implies life is circular. Or in short, karma is legit.

In 2002, two young men with a love for pro wrestling started at square one and traveled countless miles, made tons of sacrifices, and did everything they could to assure that they’d have a fighting chance in the strange and completely unfair world of pro wrestling. And they did it by beating the s*** out of each other across the midwest.

Flash forward to 2008. Two young-ish men are now on very, very different paths in very different walks of life. While both have done pretty well for themselves, and God willing, will do even better in the future, what lays in front of us are completely different people than the ones who started their journey. That was inevitable and expected. But this? Oi vey.

So the way I look at it is Jimmy just bought glass real estate and I invested in a motherf****** quarry. I’m reading the words sellout, grassroots, hatred, and ego. You know, for a guy who used to be my best friend in the business, which are very hard to come by, you sure did turn into a bit of a c***. I know all about you and Tyler Black and Necro and what you guys have done, but give me a break man. Like, the beautiful thing about wrestling is that you can be anything you want, you can turn your personality up to 11, and low and behold, when you guys do it, you come off like chubby goth nerds who tried to OD on aspirin while listening to Robert Smith albums and wearing long sleeve shirts to cover up cries for attention disguised as poorly attempted suicides. Here’s a tip for free: Take your blade down the road, not across the street, if you pick up what I’m laying down. And you’ve touched peoples lives? You’re so full of s*** your eyes are brown.

(Disclaimer: No offense to any Robert Smith fans/goth kids out there. I like a couple Cure songs too. Please keep buying merchandise. Kthnxbye.)

Okay, petty jokes aside, I can admit you and Tyler are one helluva team, especially when you consider we’ve locked horns before. Jimmy got a helluva lot better since we last wrestled each other, and Tyler’s one of the brightest young wrestlers anywhere, not that he needs my endorsement. His talent speaks far louder than anything I could communicate.

I do agree with you, I can’t think of a better place for this match to take place if ROH decides to let such a contest occur. You keep this in mind though, this is our return to a company who did a helluva a lot for my career. This is our chance to wrestle in front of the most appreciative audience in pro wresting. This is our homecoming. You feel free to prove whatever you want to whomever you want. You just remember the saying about life being circular, what goes ’round, comes ’round.

We’re right back to square one. See you in the D." - http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=189083&blogID=367870123

The stage has been set. Everything will come full circle. It will be The Age Of The Fall vs. The Motor City Machine Guns on April 18th in Detroit. It will be the main event. This will be epic.

Ultra Peanut
04-11-2008, 11:29 AM
I'll be front row when the MCMGs face the Briscoe Brothers in Chicago on 4/19.Hate you.

Ultra Peanut
04-12-2008, 12:26 PM
BIG SHOW YOU ASSHOLE

HE GAVE YOU A CHICKEN

AND A GOAT

keg in kc
04-12-2008, 12:27 PM
This may be that rare week where impact is better than smackdown.

Which I'll never know, since I stopped watching impact about 2 months ago.

Ultra Peanut
04-12-2008, 12:28 PM
This may be that rare week where impact is better than smackdown.

Which I'll never know, since I stopped watching impact about 2 months ago.Smart

Smart

Smart

Move

Mr. Arrowhead
04-12-2008, 01:55 PM
IMO impact is alot better than smackdown, everytime i watch smackdown i fall asleep

keg in kc
04-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Apparently Joe/Angle last night was something to see.

ChiTown
04-14-2008, 09:05 AM
God help me, but my kids are OFFICIALLY, Smackdown fans.:banghead:

So much so, that the old man is considering buying tickets to a Smackdown (Night of Champions) event in Dallas this Summer.:doh!:

Pray for me............

keg in kc
04-14-2008, 09:09 AM
God help me, but my kids are OFFICIALLY, Smackdown fans.:banghead:

So much so, that the old man is considering buying tickets to a Smackdown (Night of Champions) event in Dallas this Summer.:doh!:

Pray for me............My condolances. ROFL

I've never done a live show, but I've heard they're quite the spectacle. I've though about maybe catching Raw in KC in may, although I'm probably too busy. Your kids should have fun, in any case; they're SD's target audience.

Hopefully for your kids' sake you have mynetworkTV for when the show leaves the CW in the fall.

Ultra Peanut
04-14-2008, 11:05 AM
So Joe won the TNA title. Guess who doesn't care by this point?

Oh, that's right. The answer is everyone, because they killed any heat for Joe-Angle eighteen months ago and managed to slowly drive both characters into the ground with their horrid booking.

Well done, TNA. Well ****ing done. What should have been an epic, "homegrown hero does good" story is instead a footnote in the neverending "hey, Kurt is crazy! Look at this" saga.

I love how some people are slobbering all over the match because IT WAS LIKE MMA HOLY CRAP!!!!!! when it was essentially your generic Angle match inside a cage, just with him not wearing any shoes and no-selling submissions instead of finishers. FIVE ****ING STARS BABY!

Also, Meltzer apparently ****ing LOVED Lethal Lockdown and thought Flair-Michaels' was hurt by being outdoors, so uh, what?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Softcore Cody Rhodes ROFL ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-14-2008, 08:26 PM
UP, Meltzer has always been the Mel Kiper of the IWC.

Ultra Peanut
04-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Basically, if I were booking for TNA, I would set up this crazy feud between a retard named Eric Young and his friend Super Eric and this guy named Kurt who is borderline retarded outside of the ring and the ultimate badass inside the ring and they would fight for the better part of a year and then they would LET'S GO RIDE BIKES!

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Probably pretty hard to argue against them turning Jericho heel now.

He'll cost Michaels the Batista match so that Shawn doesn't have to job clean and to give him a full turn...

Could we then see a heel Jericho move to SD to feud with UT?? That would be interesting.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Basically, if I were booking for TNA, I would set up this crazy feud between a retard named Eric Young and his friend Super Eric and this guy named Kurt who is borderline retarded outside of the ring and the ultimate badass inside the ring and they would fight for the better part of a year and then they would LET'S GO RIDE BIKES!

I actually sat down and attempted to watch Impact the other night. The Motor City Machine Guns looked like really good workers, but my god, no one in that company can cut a promo to save their life (save for Steiner and his riffs on Canada, I guess).

Also, I saw Super Eric break out of handcuffs (come on, kayfabe) and completely plant Golddust/Black Reign.

It's almost like trying to watch WCW Saturday Night circa 1993.

Ultra Peanut
04-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Jericho-Umaga may be my favorite Raw match since Orton-Edge a year ago.

keg in kc
04-15-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm hoping my "Jericho goes heel and then feuds with CM Punk" pseudo-prediction is slowly coming to fruition. Turn Jericho, have him do a program with Punk where he wins repeatedly until finally Punk wins on PPV in a briefcase vs title match. Then build him up with an IC title run, so that a year from now he appears legit in a main title match. Exactly what they did with Hardy.

I think heel Jericho could help him the way Edge helped Cena (no, I'm not comparing Punk to Cena).

Ultra Peanut
04-15-2008, 02:55 PM
This is just dumb as hell:

PWInsider.com: It was just announced at today's Smackdown/ECW Taping in London, England that Mike Adamle is the new announcer for ECW. He is set to call tonight's entire broadcast.

The word going around backstage at the show is that Joey Styles will be moved to another area within the company. They're also apparently paying Adamle something like $300k per annum, which borders on WCW levels of overpaying.

keg in kc
04-15-2008, 05:01 PM
This is just dumb as hell:

They're also apparently paying Adamle something like $300k per annum, which borders on WCW levels of overpaying.Holy shit.

So they hire Timmy Baltimore away from Derby City...

And put Mike Adamle on the air.

Ultra Peanut
04-15-2008, 11:03 PM
I just don't understand how Mike Adamle can be so awful. I think I'd actually rather hear Kevin Kelly on the mic. Without Taz there to salvage things, he'd give West and Tenay a run for their money.

Also, it's funny to see Punk and Shannon Moore on the same side. He is a poser, after all.

LOOK OUT, HERE'S THE DEUCE! "Kofi with that leg kick!" LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-16-2008, 12:06 AM
Adamle's commentary was the worst I've ever heard. I actually felt sorry for him. It was that bad.

BWillie
04-16-2008, 01:37 AM
You guys do know it's not real right? It's just big oiled up roidos gracefully groping each other in a choreographed and predetermined manner.

But who am I to judge. NFL is rigged. They want beantown vs NY rivalry so they let the Giants win. NBA is rigged. Celtics and Lakers? Come on. MLB finally letting Red Sox dominate. I predict Cubs win this year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-16-2008, 01:57 AM
You guys do know it's not real right? It's just big oiled up roidos gracefully groping each other in a choreographed and predetermined manner.

But who am I to judge. NFL is rigged. They want beantown vs NY rivalry so they let the Giants win. NBA is rigged. Celtics and Lakers? Come on. MLB finally letting Red Sox dominate. I predict Cubs win this year.

Just think of it as a highly athletic soap opera with tons of violence.

"To me there is something bordering on beautiful about a brotherhood of big tough men who pretended to hurt one another for a living instead of actually doing it. Any idiot can hurt someone."--Bret Hart

Mecca
04-16-2008, 02:15 AM
Wrestling is entertaining, that's more than I can say for alot of real sports right now.