PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Ultra Peanut
07-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Kofi Kingston Kool: All of the Caribbean, None of the Nepotism!

Mecca
07-01-2008, 12:57 AM
Kofi Kingston Kool: All of the Caribbean, None of the Nepotism!

LOL, she's told me 100 times how his gimmick is a straight ripoff of Carlitos.

Ultra Peanut
07-01-2008, 01:41 AM
It's too bad TNA sucks and has ruined Joe's character to the point that I don't even care that he's champion, but:

http://i29.tinypic.com/2dayvsw.jpg

BigRock
07-01-2008, 02:25 AM
God bless the ROH board!

Maybe I'm overstating things with this comment, but tonight C.M. Punk is to the IWC what Jackie Robinson once was to African-Americans.

Ultra Peanut
07-01-2008, 02:39 AM
Hahahaha, I literally just read that.

Not from the ROH board, but this is great for different reasons:

On the next ROH DVD I want Prazak to say "we just got word that CM Punk, who used to wrestle in this company under the name "CM Punk" has just won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship... that'll put asses in the seats."

big nasty kcnut
07-01-2008, 02:41 AM
Hell yeah we finally getting rid of the sheep cena marks getting some real wrestling now if we can get the ladies to wrestle like they can it would be great.

BigRock
07-01-2008, 05:16 AM
GATHERING OF CHAMPIONS

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/74/gatheringofchampionsmf8.jpg

Ultra Peanut
07-01-2008, 05:14 PM
So basically, Raw is going to be awesome.I HAD NO IDEA

Ultra Peanut
07-01-2008, 09:46 PM
So Raw popped a 3.5, and the Raw commercial during ECW's first break was amazing in terms of the sort of show it's pushing.

Next Monday:

After a night where anarchy ruled, and a new generation emerged...
"When you're this talented, you don't PAY DUES."
Raw has a new roster of champions.
"PUNK WINS! PUNK WINS!"
And anything can happen!

It's times like this when being a wrestling fan pays off. All of the Triple H monologues, all of the TNA, all of the hosses... this is what makes it worth it. The feeling of not knowing where things are going, and the hopes of being on the verge of a new era that will be fondly remembered years from now.

Ultra Peanut
07-01-2008, 10:23 PM
The people do not care for you, Atlas Ortiz. You have been sentenced... to FCW!

[crowd gasps]

Someone on another board compared that to the Kennedy vs. Carlito abortion, and I'm inclined to agree. Downright awful, Estrada's hilarious attempts at baiting the crowd notwithstanding.

Hopefully Teddy's "new superstar initiative" portends the forthcoming debut of a certain WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION's buddy.

Swanman
07-02-2008, 07:21 AM
The people do not care for you, Atlas Ortiz. You have been sentenced... to FCW!

[crowd gasps]

Someone on another board compared that to the Kennedy vs. Carlito abortion, and I'm inclined to agree. Downright awful, Estrada's hilarious attempts at baiting the crowd notwithstanding.

Hopefully Teddy's "new superstar initiative" portends the forthcoming debut of a certain WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION's buddy.

Would that be by chance Mr. Cabana?

Ultra Peanut
07-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Well, he would certainly seem like someone who could provide good times and great memories...

Also, laffo:

Atlas Ortiz (Richard Young) made his official WWE television debut on this week’s edition of ECW on Sci Fi. He is from Phoenix, Arizona and was born on May 12, 1975.

Atlas Ortiz made his wrestling debut in WWE’s former developmental territory Ohio Valley Wrestling back in January 2007 as Atlas Da Bone. He was billed as one of the most charismatic superstars during his time in OVW. Atlas Ortiz has more recently been working in WWE’s current developmental territory, Florida Championship Wrestling, also as Atlas Da Bone.

Atlas Ortiz also has a big background in football, including paying for the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs practice squad, a stint in Vince McMahon’s XFL and the CFL as well as several stints in the AFL.

keg in kc
07-02-2008, 01:58 PM
ECW last night was just brutally bad. I like Matt Hardy and all, but him, Mark Henry and Finlay+midget do not an interesting show make.

Ultra Peanut
07-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Son of a bitch.

We have come to terms on the release of Trevor Murdoch as of today, July 03, 2008. We wish Trevor the best in all future endeavors.

keg in kc
07-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Boy, crowd did not give a shit about punk in that match.

Bad GTS, too.

Basileus777
07-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Kane turns heel.

chiefs1111
07-07-2008, 10:03 PM
wow,that was one crappy ending

keg in kc
07-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Batista was the right choice I think, storyline-wise, but jesus they have a job ahead of them, somehow building Punk as capable of giving him a competitive match. In two weeks.

And is this Kane bs about VKM or about UT?

keg in kc
07-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Is it bad that I wanted Kane to utterly destroy Michael Cole?

chiefs1111
07-07-2008, 10:13 PM
And is this Kane bs about VKM or about UT?

I was thinking it had something to do with the Undertaker but who knows....

Basileus777
07-07-2008, 10:19 PM
I think it was probably about Vince. Kane is probably the one who attempted to "kill" him. This is the beginning of the Kane heel push.

If only it was about Paul Bearer....

BigRock
07-07-2008, 10:34 PM
It was about Bozo the Clown. Nobody's had the heart to tell Kane that he's dead.

Ultra Peanut
07-07-2008, 10:48 PM
JULY TWENTEENTH

chiefs1111
07-07-2008, 11:49 PM
It was about Bozo the Clown. Nobody's had the heart to tell Kane that he's dead.

hmmmmm that seems to make sense,lol

keg in kc
07-08-2008, 08:52 PM
rofl

CM Punk broke Snitsky's nose last night on RAW while attempting the G.T.S. during their match.

Ultra Peanut
07-08-2008, 08:55 PM
roflI guessed as much when Snitsky grabbed his face like he did. It looked less like a sell job and more like an "ohhh **** that hurt."

HolmeZz
07-08-2008, 09:24 PM
rofl

Thought so.

keg in kc
07-08-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm not sure why they're making him do the GTS on all these huge guys. Need to bring back the anaconda vice.

Reaper16
07-08-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm not sure why they're making him do the GTS on all these huge guys. Need to bring back the anaconda vice.
This.
A smaller champion needs more than one finisher.

keg in kc
07-08-2008, 10:02 PM
I can't believe I just saw a commercial featuring CM Punk headlining a WWE PPV.

Bizarro-world.

Mecca
07-08-2008, 10:10 PM
I think ECW is going to debut a new guy every week......and the WWE makes Chris Harris wear a singlet due to his fatness.

keg in kc
07-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Wildfat Chris Harris!

Ultra Peanut
07-09-2008, 01:51 AM
Katrina Heat: A new high point for wrestling.

Wildfat Chris Harris!God damnit, I was going to say that. I guess he got so big he ended up having to borrow Mark Henry's ring gear.

Seeing Tony Atlas reminds me of this hilariously relevant snippet from last fall:

Atlas was sent to developmental to do some mentoring and provide the talent with advice and other needs. While there, Atlas rubbed many the wrong way as he constantly put himself over and only said that the talents were doing stuff wrong. Atlas made a comment to CM Punk who was working the tapings, that he wore his wrist tape oddly and looked like he had broken arms. Punk basically shrugged off the comments.

After the tapings, they had the normal post meeting. This is the time where Al Snow and other WWE veterans critique what the developmental talents do right and wrong during the show. Atlas started with his critique, and every time he said something negative he would stare down Punk. After a while, Punk asked why he was looking at him and Atlas tore into Punk and stated, "With an attitude like that you'll never be called up to TV." It was then that Atlas's credibility was shot. Punk asked if he watched ECW or even knew Punk's name, to which Atlas admitted he didn't. They argued for a reported 20-minutes.

John Laurinaitis found out about this and was not only upset that it happened, but that OVW management allowed it to happen. OVW owner president Danny Davis was not present when this happened but Al Snow and Robert Gibson were there.

After the meeting, Atlas DaBone; an OVW talent went to Atlas to apologize for Punk. The rest of the developmental talent didn't like this as they felt no one should talk for Punk and that DaBone was trying to watch out for himself. The locker room views Punk as a hero for standing up to Atlas and is a good source of morale in developmental, which has been down as of late. Many OVW performers have started to feel that the main goal isn't to help them improve but to mentally beat them down for everything they do "wrong."

Swanman
07-09-2008, 09:09 AM

Absolutely. Cena can do the FU on big guys because it's a fairly simple move, the GTS requires a lot more control over the guy's body, so shouldn't be done on big guys. If not the anaconda vice, do something else that's believable, be that another submission or an aerial move. Or since he uses kicks so much, some sort of kick to the head.

Swanman
07-09-2008, 09:11 AM
I guessed as much when Snitsky grabbed his face like he did. It looked less like a sell job and more like an "ohhh **** that hurt."

On the slo-mo replay, it was obvious Punk connected flush with Snitsky's nose. Kenta has to be getting more and more pissed watching Punk butcher his finisher when he uses it on big guys.

keg in kc
07-09-2008, 09:12 AM
The other problem the last two weeks is that he's had two fat-asses dead-weight him. I know I wouldn't want to have to herc 300-pounds of blubber onto my shoulders and toss it like that...

Swanman
07-09-2008, 09:35 AM
The other problem the last two weeks is that he's had two fat-asses dead-weight him. I know I wouldn't want to have to herc 300-pounds of blubber onto my shoulders and toss it like that...

If that is in fact the truth, then Punk is correct to stiff the living shit out of them.

Swanman
07-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Latest ROH Videowire for those interested in Indy wrestling goodness:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LTd3sTJV8vo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LTd3sTJV8vo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
07-10-2008, 11:53 PM
End a dominant champion's reign (the only really non-sullied title in the company). With a roll-up. On free TV. agggggggggggg

Hey, if they were going to have Booker namedrop WWE wrestlers, why not have Joe namedrop the World Heavyweight Champion? Bastards can't even get that right.

Fun observation someone else made:

Half a million more people are tuning in each week to see the likes of Mark Henry, Matt Hardy, Matt Sydal, and Chris Harris than a show featuring Kurt Angle, Booker T, Kevin Nash, and Samoa Joe.

keg in kc
07-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Fun observation someone else made:

Half a million more people are tuning in each week to see the likes of Mark Henry, Matt Hardy, Matt Sydal, and Chris Harris than a show featuring Kurt Angle, Booker T, Kevin Nash, and Samoa Joe.I think after this week's ECW, we might see a drastic drop in the ratings.

I haven't watched TNA in months and months now.

What I'm interested in seeing is how Raw does. If they can pull another 3.5 with Punk headlining, that's a good sign for his future. While I wouldn't put him in the same league, it's really reminiscent of Edge's rise, under almost identical circumstances.

Win or lose, if he has a good match with Blahtista next weekend, it could be a real interesting rest of the year for young mister punk. And I'm not even sure at this point he's going lose. Have to see how things look Monday.

keg in kc
07-11-2008, 12:39 AM
End a dominant champion's reign (the only really non-sullied title in the company). With a roll-up. On free TV. agggggggggggg

Hey, if they were going to have Booker namedrop WWE wrestlers, why not have Joe namedrop the World Heavyweight Champion? Bastards can't even get that right.On that note, are you referring to Kong losing? If that's the case, I believe they filmed it almost a month ago (3 weeks, maybe?). So no way they could possibly know Punk would be champ...

Ultra Peanut
07-11-2008, 07:38 AM
On that note, are you referring to Kong losing? If that's the case, I believe they filmed it almost a month ago (3 weeks, maybe?). So no way they could possibly know Punk would be champ...I was halfway kidding (Punk's not really namedrop-worthy yet), and you're right, I'd completely forgotten how long ago they filmed these episodes.

Oh, and here's a great quote:

From a certain TNA wrestler who actually is getting pushed right now: “Impact sucks so much I don’t even watch myself on television anymore.”

BigRock
07-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Dreadlocks?

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4347/carlitozj4.jpg

Dat's not cool.

keg in kc
07-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah, ah, that was a great segment there, totally didn't make punk look like a wuss.

Well, if he wins Sunday, it'll be the biggest upset ever, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Mecca
07-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Punk is booked as champion through their current house show booking which is until about August 20th so at the least expect him to be champ until Summerslam.

keg in kc
07-14-2008, 09:31 PM
One way ticket on the pain train to nobleville, roflmao.

Moobs
07-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Vehicular homicide.

Cool.

Captain Obvious
07-14-2008, 10:09 PM
I wish they'd stop doing stupid crap like that.

keg in kc
07-15-2008, 05:09 PM
So, Blahtista's been squashing Punk every night in house shows.

That means Punk's going to retain Sunday. He'll get pummeled for 2 minutes and then win due to Kane interference.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-15-2008, 09:00 PM
So, Blahtista's been squashing Punk every night in house shows.

That means Punk's going to retain Sunday. He'll get pummeled for 2 minutes and then win due to Kane interference.

Obviously the Wellness program is a joke, but I was wondering how they circumvent it for their top tier talent? Do they tell them secretly when their tests will occur so they can cycle off, or do they merely just throw their tests out? It's pretty obvious that Dave could not pass any steroid test, and HHH is obviously more jacked than he was pre WM.

Ultra Peanut
07-16-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm behind this week, but my stream of consciousness thoughts on what I've seen so far:

"WHERE. IS. PUNK?"
"Did you try the Pepsi machine?"

"You are death meat!"

Aww, **** that finish. She didn't need to roll him up.

I think I really like Cody and DiBiase. Cody's promos have improved tenfold just from becoming a heel. Man, Hacksaw's a good actor.

JBL now! Crash mother****ing TV done right. Unbelievable.

PUNK's GONNA RETAIN!!!!!

LIONTAMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST RAW IN TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! WITH FORTY MINUTES LEFT!

Oh ****. Noble trying to impress a Diva. It just gets better.

JBL's thighs belong on a Wednesday/Thursday night WCW program.

Ultra Peanut
07-16-2008, 03:58 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT

Ultra Peanut
07-16-2008, 04:18 AM
Dreamer nailing Henry with a frying pan was great.

Mecca
07-16-2008, 05:06 AM
Obviously the Wellness program is a joke, but I was wondering how they circumvent it for their top tier talent? Do they tell them secretly when their tests will occur so they can cycle off, or do they merely just throw their tests out? It's pretty obvious that Dave could not pass any steroid test, and HHH is obviously more jacked than he was pre WM.

Those guys can afford the good shot that is undetectable.....I actually don't buy that whole we don't suspended top stars thing, they basically killed a PPV card 2 years ago suspending people, those guys are either not using or smart enough to not get caught.

Swanman
07-16-2008, 08:03 AM

He either had to get back on the juice or quit, because right after he came back from his suspension a little while back, I remember in one of his first matches back, he had a lot of trouble getting Booker T into powerbomb position. Considering Booker T was not the biggest guy on the roster, that was bad news for Dave. He looked comical trying to do his power moves when he wasn't juicing.

Swanman
07-16-2008, 08:32 AM
I ran across this nice little CM Punk tribute video on Youtube. It's got some great stuff from his ROH days (Second City Saints, Joe vs. Punk, etc.). Also, it shows Punk being a tremendous heel. Enjoy.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ic3-LUmhlMw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ic3-LUmhlMw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
07-20-2008, 08:11 PM
That is quite a bit of blood.

The winner of this match as a result of MURDER, Y2J Chris Jericho!!!!!!

Moobs
07-20-2008, 08:23 PM
That is quite a bit of blood.

The winner of this match as a result of MURDER, Y2J Chris Jericho!!!!!!

Quite a bit of attempted murders in the WWE as of late. Vince, Cena, HBK.

-Insert witty yet offensive Benoit joke here-

Ultra Peanut
07-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Quite a bit of attempted murders in the WWE as of late. Vince, Cena, HBK.

-Insert witty yet offensive Benoit joke here-Oddly enough, it was HBK who did the Crossface.

Oh snap, detached retina. What a great angle.

Hahahahaha, "Finally, the good guys win."

Ultra Peanut
07-20-2008, 08:28 PM
CM Punk is Kate Winslett?

Extra Point
07-20-2008, 08:29 PM
DIE THREAD, DIE!!!!!!!!!!

Ultra Peanut
07-20-2008, 08:46 PM
DIE THREAD, DIE!!!!!!!!!!http://i38.tinypic.com/rba8g7.jpg

Ultra Peanut
07-20-2008, 08:47 PM
YOU GOT YOUR TNA IN MY WWE

Ultra Peanut
07-20-2008, 08:49 PM
OH SHIT, DAVE

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MWg3b15ITS8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MWg3b15ITS8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
07-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Allow me to reiterate:

YOU GOT YOUR TNA IN MY WWE

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-21-2008, 01:20 PM
He either had to get back on the juice or quit, because right after he came back from his suspension a little while back, I remember in one of his first matches back, he had a lot of trouble getting Booker T into powerbomb position. Considering Booker T was not the biggest guy on the roster, that was bad news for Dave. He looked comical trying to do his power moves when he wasn't juicing.

That was @ SS '06. He dropped him on his head in a post match Demon Bomb.

Re: THE GAB

God, that PPV sucked. Just awful. Jericho-Michaels was the only thing worth a shit at all. The two title matches were Russo-rific, and the morons booking RAW just had Cena put over JBL clean meanwhile Punk gets bitched out by Batista again.

So, instead of cementing your new champ hardcore by having Cena lose to him, you have Cena (your most credible guy on RAW) lose clean to a 40+ year old JTTS who can't work and whose back is totally shot. Meanwhile, you have your champ get squashed post match again.

Oh, and in the last three months, Orton, Cena, and Edge have now all eaten clean pedigrees FTL. The HHH 2008 burial tour continues.

Absof*ckinglutely retarded.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Oh, and Orton is #1 on the PWI 500 for 2008. PBJ PBJ

keg in kc
07-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Summerslam may be a 3-way, but I'm my fear's we're heading towards Batista/Kane and JBL/Punk as separate programs, with JBL getting one last title run before he retires again.

Kill me now.

CoMoChief
07-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Pro Wrestling is retarded.

I have no idea why some people still like it......especially after The Rock and Stone Cold left. WWE just went to dogshit after that.

Billionaire vs Billionair match to see who's head gets shaved? for WRESTLEMANIA?!?!?!?

Have the writers in WWE gone retarded? It's silly and nothing more than a circus. The story plot lines etc have gone to dogshit. And the WWE is having trouble maintaining star power.

Bobby Lashley, John Cena, Batista, JBL (Bradshaw lol) ?!?!?! Are you ****ing kidding me? ROFL

The only ones who are still worth a damn is a 56million year old Undertaker and a crippled Shawn Michaels.

I'm glad I stopped watching it when I did. After The Rock wrestled Grandpa Hogan at Wrestlemania a few years ago, I was done watching it. I saw the match I've always wanted to see and I quit on a high note.

It won't be long before WWE stops having PPV's. More and more people are turning to MMA because it's an actual fight and (mostly) isn't staged (cough cough Kimbo Slice).

MMA is complete destroying Boxing and the WWE.

Swanman
07-21-2008, 01:44 PM
That was @ SS '06. He dropped him on his head in a post match Demon Bomb.

Re: THE GAB

God, that PPV sucked. Just awful. Jericho-Michaels was the only thing worth a shit at all. The two title matches were Russo-rific, and the morons booking RAW just had Cena put over JBL clean meanwhile Punk gets bitched out by Batista again.

So, instead of cementing your new champ hardcore by having Cena lose to him, you have Cena (your most credible guy on RAW) lose clean to a 40+ year old JTTS who can't work and whose back is totally shot. Meanwhile, you have your champ get squashed post match again.

Oh, and in the last three months, Orton, Cena, and Edge have now all eaten clean pedigrees FTL. The HHH 2008 burial tour continues.

Absof*ckinglutely retarded.

Yes, that's all coming back to me now. It was horrible and hilarious at the same time. I assumed Booker would be professional enough not to dead-weight him, so I put it all on his complete lack of roid strength.

PPVs like the Bash make me happy to be an ROHbot for the last couple years. I have front row center seats to the next show in Chicago and the first three matches announced are:

El Generico v. Tyler Black - the two top up-and-comers in the company in a match representing their respective tag teams in Steen/Generico's chase to dethrone Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black

Roderick Strong in a Sweet 'n' Sour Inc gauntlet - if he gets through it, he'll get Sweeney (the manager) in the ring. He'll probably face the likes of Shane Hagadorn, Eddie Edwards, Adam Pearce and Chris Hero if he makes it through. I predict Hero takes him out in the last match of the gauntlet.

Jimmy Jacobs v. Necro Butcher - this one could get bloody, that's all I'll say about that match

ROH has some really nice stuff going on right now, and unlike WWE, they like making their champions look strong.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-21-2008, 02:07 PM
and unlike WWE, they like making their non-McMahon champions look strong.

FYP.

BigRock
07-21-2008, 02:26 PM

God, I love this thread. Anyone who loses a match is being buried, Batista can't lift a guy half his size unless he's on steroids, and a PWI 500 ranking is being celebrated.

And that's just the last few posts.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-21-2008, 02:38 PM
to be honest im starting to lose alot of interest in wrestling, its just the same ol shit week after week. They need to come up with something new

Ultra Peanut
07-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Pro Wrestling is retarded.For some of us, that's part of the draw.

Billionaire vs Billionair match to see who's head gets shaved? for WRESTLEMANIA?!?!?!?Of all of the stupid things Double Double E has done, you pick something that happened 15 months ago?

Have the writers in WWE gone retarded? It's silly and nothing more than a circus. Sounds like they're being consistent with, I dunno, the entire history of the industry, then. And actually, Raw the past couple of weeks has pulled off the Crash TV concept as well as anything from the Attitude era.

Bobby Lashley, John Cena, Batista, JBL (Bradshaw lol) ?!?!?! Are you ****ing kidding me? ROFLHas been gone for a year; is as popular as anyone since Rock and Austin; isn't relied upon to carry the company; and isn't relied upon to carry the company.

Edge and Orton are amazing main eventers, and the future looks pretty solid with guys like Punk, Morrison, MVP, and Jeff Hardy (ha).

[The only ones who are still worth a damn is a 56million year old Undertaker and a crippled Shawn Michaels.The former was "retired" by the unbelievably over Edge and Vickie following some glorious heel antics, and the latter is in the middle of an amazing feud with Chris Jericho. Ugggh, the product sucks so much now.

It won't be long before WWE stops having PPV's.Aside from the whole "having 14 PPVs a year and doing very well with them," that makes sense.

Jesus, even TNA's somehow turning a tiny profit nowadays. That's all the proof you need to know the market's not maxed out.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-21-2008, 02:44 PM
God, I love this thread. Anyone who loses a match is being buried, Batista can't lift a guy half his size unless he's on steroids, and a PWI 500 ranking is being celebrated.

And that's just the last few posts.

I just find it preposterous that HHH is allowed to run amok over the whole roster.

London and Kendrick make the save, so they eat two pedigrees. Booker T wrestles him at SS, and gets buried so bad he basically decides to leave the company (regardless of weed), Hardy scores a major upset over HHH with a rollup, that HHH immediately sells by laughing at the conclusion of the match, then at NWO, Hardy eats Pedigree on chair. HHH delivers the shot that put Cena down at WM, giving Orton an opportunistic pin, he wrestled three matches (including cleanly beating Orton) at No Mercy, proving that on even ground Orton wasn't his match, then he beat Orton at three straight PPVs. He got his WM pin back against Cena....it's just ridiculous.

Combine that with the fact that he's allowed to get over on the mic by being the only guy on the roster who can give shoot promos, and you have what you have.

I know that a lot of the IWC likes to be chic and nonconformist, and HHH hating is "so 2003", but he's the same guy he was then, (rhetorical) you aren't being counterculture by rooting for HHH because a lot of guys used to hate him, FWIW.

But Paul only does what is best for the business. And it's clear that he's a draw, unless you look at the fact that ratings spike when he leaves RAW and backstage morale increases because they actually believe they can go up the card rather than serve as his next meal.

He also can't work a non-gimmick match worth a damn anymore. He gets around like Ewing in a Seattle uniform.

Mecca
07-21-2008, 02:53 PM
to be honest im starting to lose alot of interest in wrestling, its just the same ol shit week after week. They need to come up with something new

If you've been watching very long nothing is going to be fresh to you, there's only so much that can be done, that's why the WWE will market to kids who it is fresh to then when those kids get older they can repitch more edgy stuff to them..

Fans like me that have been a fan for a long time have seen everything, if you think you're gonna get something you've never seen before, it won't happen.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-21-2008, 03:14 PM
If you've been watching very long nothing is going to be fresh to you, there's only so much that can be done, that's why the WWE will market to kids who it is fresh to then when those kids get older they can repitch more edgy stuff to them..

Fans like me that have been a fan for a long time have seen everything, if you think you're gonna get something you've never seen before, it won't happen.
yea i agree i have been watching for about 20 years, prolly since i was 4. I guess im sick of the same ol old wrestler like HBK and JBL. I wanna some new guys get their shots

Mecca
07-21-2008, 03:18 PM
yea i agree i have been watching for about 20 years, prolly since i was 4. I guess im sick of the same ol old wrestler like HBK and JBL. I wanna some new guys get their shots

Both champions on Raw are new guys...

BigRock
07-21-2008, 04:10 PM
I know that a lot of the IWC likes to be chic and nonconformist, and HHH hating is "so 2003", but he's the same guy he was then, (rhetorical) you aren't being counterculture by rooting for HHH because a lot of guys used to hate him, FWIW.
See, the reason it's "so 2003" is because people tend to, you know, move on. At some point you have to come to accept that HHH is going to be a top guy until he decides to retire.

Not only have most people gotten there, they got there years ago. So when somebody still pops up going GRRRRRRRRR MOTHER F**K YOU HUNTER every single time he wins a match, it's like taking your kid to the zoo. "Oh look, Johnny, it's one of those angry internet fans. Wave at him and see if he'll throw his poop."

And not helping matters is the fact that, almost to a man, the people still reacting that way also engage in the kind of ridiculous over-the-top hyperbole that makes it difficult for anyone to take them seriously. To wit, claiming that HHH "can't work a damn anymore" mere weeks after he had a match that most considered 4 stars even though his opponent (Cena) isn't really all that good.

I don't know why you singled out that portion of my post, though. I thought the Batista and PWI 500 things were funnier.

Mecca
07-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Oh cmon some net fans think booking pure wrestling will draw and what the WWE does is killing wrestling....

When in reality pure wrestling won't draw very well.

Swanman
07-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Oh cmon some net fans think booking pure wrestling will draw and what the WWE does is killing wrestling....

When in reality pure wrestling won't draw very well.

The main problem, in my old school eyes, is that the TV matches on WWE are so damn short they aren't really allowed to tell a story due to a lack of time, thus boring the shit outta me. The PPV's tend to be better due to more time allotted matches. Vince just likes his guys to be "bigger than life" and unfortunately many of them end up being boring stiffs in the ring. But then there's always HBK, Jericho, Punk, etc. carrying the flag for the normal sized guy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-21-2008, 05:31 PM
See, the reason it's "so 2003" is because people tend to, you know, move on. At some point you have to come to accept that HHH is going to be a top guy until he decides to retire.

Not only have most people gotten there, they got there years ago. So when somebody still pops up going GRRRRRRRRR MOTHER F**K YOU HUNTER every single time he wins a match, it's like taking your kid to the zoo. "Oh look, Johnny, it's one of those angry internet fans. Wave at him and see if he'll throw his poop."

And not helping matters is the fact that, almost to a man, the people still reacting that way also engage in the kind of ridiculous over-the-top hyperbole that makes it difficult for anyone to take them seriously. To wit, claiming that HHH "can't work a damn anymore" mere weeks after he had a match that most considered 4 stars even though his opponent (Cena) isn't really all that good.

I don't know why you singled out that portion of my post, though. I thought the Batista and PWI 500 things were funnier.

He can't work worth a damn anymore because he can't move. He's slow. I don't even like Cena, but I think it's hard to make an argument that HHH is all that much of a better worker than him at this point in his career.

Just because he commands a 20 minute match at nearly every PPV he wrestles at doesn't mean he's a good worker.

Since his first quad injury, HHH has wrestled for the WWE or WHC at every Wrestlemania that he has competed in. (18-22, 24)

Hogan never did that more than 3 straight WM's. (1-3, 4-7). And no one was ever more of a top guy than Hogan in the 80's WWF.

People hate on HHH because he buries his opponents--Either in the ring or on the mic. He goes into business for himself. And the ratings bear that out.

Mecca
07-21-2008, 05:33 PM
He can't work worth a damn anymore because he can't move. He's slow. I don't even like Cena, but I think it's hard to make an argument that HHH is all that much of a better worker than him at this point in his career.

Just because he commands a 20 minute match at nearly every PPV he wrestles at doesn't mean he's a good worker.

Since his first quad injury, HHH has wrestled for the WWE or WHC at every Wrestlemania that he has competed in. (18-22, 24)

Hogan never did that more than 3 straight WM's. (1-3, 4-7). And no one was ever more of a top guy than Hogan in the 80's WWF.

People hate on HHH because he buries his opponents--Either in the ring or on the mic. He goes into business for himself. And the ratings bear that out.

His IWC shit is just like his push, people just accepted it. Now if you bash him you're just a HHHater and so 2003, same as when he got his initial mainevent push fans hated him and wouldn't buy it till they gave him everything they could think of and jammed him down everyones throat until it was just accepted.

dirk digler
07-21-2008, 05:36 PM
His IWC shit is just like his push, people just accepted it. Now if you bash him you're just a HHHater and so 2003, same as when he got his initial mainevent push fans hated him and wouldn't buy it till they gave him everything they could think of and jammed him down everyones throat until it was just accepted.

It doesn't hurt that he is married to the boss's daughter.

I like Triple H and I don't get all the hate of him or Cena.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Both champions on Raw are new guys...
yea your right, hopefully they keep heading in this direction

Mecca
07-21-2008, 05:43 PM

Cena is disliked because he's marketed to people who are 6 he's like a retarded mixture of Rock and Hogan, that's how he cuts promos. The wrote poopy on the hood of a car, that is appealing to children, teenagers and people in the 20+ age group are not going to like that they are going to think he sucks. Those groups like anti heroes who swear and do nasty shit and don't act kid friendly...

H gets hate for essentially marrying the boss's daughter and killing any talent he doesn't like...H has a ridiculous amount of say if he doesn't like you you're done....

Same goes for Taker yet people don't bitch about him even though they should, when Taker goes on one of his moments he makes H look benign in comparison.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-21-2008, 05:44 PM

He's a backstage politician of the worst degree
Overrated worker
Boring as hell on the mic when giving a standard promo
He's allowed to shoot on his opponents or regularly break kayfabe on the show (ask the 2000 version of WCW if this is good for business).
He's always in the main event, even when he's not wrestling for the championship, his matches nigh always headline the PPVs (2/3 vs. Michaels for example, or the DX-McMahon HIAC match)

One of my faves:

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

After a backstage incident in Iraq, there are several people within WWE who now see Randy Orton as something of a locker room leader. Orton is viewed as one of the few guys who don’t take crap from HHH and Shawn Michaels.

The backstage incident in Iraq, of all places, involved Umaga having tights made for his match and the seamstress telling him he couldn’t use those colors because they are HHH’s colors, but he insisted on it.

Michaels threw a fit about Umaga’s tights when he saw him go through the curtain and Orton was the only one who stood up for Umaga. Orton is said to have the same attitude that Michaels used to, but since Orton has stood up to people that a lot of the locker room doesn’t like, and knows they would lose their jobs if they stood up to them, Orton has become popular.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Same goes for Taker yet people don't bitch about him even though they should, when Taker goes on one of his moments he makes H look benign in comparison.

Don't even get me started on that motherf*cker.

Has ANYONE ever come out of a feud looking better than when they went in?

Even at the height of Lesnar's uberpush, UT refused to job cleanly to him. Hell, Hogan jobbed to the sonofabitch. He really helped derail Orton in '05, He never laid down for Rock in a big situation, hell he never even cleanly jobbed to Hogan, let alone Hart, or Michaels in their prime of primes.

The only feud I even remember him possibly losing was the one against Austin.

Mecca
07-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Don't even get me started on that motherf*cker.

Has ANYONE ever come out of a feud looking better than when they went in?

Even at the height of Lesnar's uberpush, UT refused to job cleanly to him. Hell, Hogan jobbed to the sonofabitch. He really helped derail Orton in '05, He never laid down for Rock in a big situation, hell he never even cleanly jobbed to Hogan, let alone Hart, or Michaels in their prime of primes.

The only feud I even remember him possibly losing was the one against Austin.

If he doesn't like you, you're fired.......his g/f now thinks she can tell everyone what to do..if they complain they're probably out of a job...

The truth to this is the problem is simple, Vince runs this company yet is a mark for several of the wrestlers on the roster. Always has been so they can get away with murder.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-21-2008, 06:00 PM
On a side note:

This promo should be shown to everyone down at FCW.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7mdOBQHJvpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-21-2008, 06:01 PM
If he doesn't like you, you're fired.......his g/f now thinks she can tell everyone what to do..if they complain they're probably out of a job...

The truth to this is the problem is simple, Vince runs this company yet is a mark for several of the wrestlers on the roster. Always has been so they can get away with murder.

Yeah, having a tits on a stick make Natty Neidhart tap out was one of the low moments of last night's PPV.

dirk digler
07-21-2008, 06:05 PM
You 2 guys are wrestling dorks. :p

For the average fan like me who doesn't pay attention to what happens backstage I like Triple H and Cena. Now I realize that Triple H does bury guys but Cena works his ass off and is a team player.

I admit I didn't realize that stuff about UT he is one of my all time favorite wrestlers. I am curious who is UT's gf?

Mecca
07-21-2008, 06:07 PM
You 2 guys are wrestling dorks. :p

For the average fan like me who doesn't pay attention to what happens backstage I like Triple H and Cena. Now I realize that Triple H does bury guys but Cena works his ass off and is a team player.

I admit I didn't realize that stuff about UT he is one of my all time favorite wrestlers. I am curious who is UT's gf?

Michelle McCool.

Mecca
07-21-2008, 06:12 PM
It's also the whole point of how things are done. The WWE for one plays favorites, if you ever hear them say they listen to the fans, that's total bullshit. They choose who they want to be over..

They've implemented a style of wrestling "wwe style" where no one can get over on ring work, everyone wrestles exactly the same, so bookers decide who's over, they write promos word for word so natural charisma doesn't even exist now.

The WWE has turned into this control freak company that wants to force feed to fans who they're suppose to like, I'm sorry a guy like Batista is the epitome of a WWE made guy who fans wouldn't give 2 shits about without being told to.

Also you factor in that Vince is a huge mark for certain guys, HHH, HBK, Taker, JBL, it all goes back to his fantasy of a kid of wanting to be a wrestler he just wants to be one of the boys.

And also his giant markdom for big men and bodybuilder physiques over good ones with real talent.

keg in kc
07-21-2008, 06:16 PM
his g/f now thinks she can tell everyone what to do..That about made me laugh my ass off a few weeks ago, her giving Natalie Neidhart a lecture about what to do in the ring.

ROFL

Main event tonight is a repeat of Cena/Cryme Tyme versus JBL/Priceless

I don't really mind that, they're trying to get the two younger teams over, but the way they're cramming JBL down everybody's throat is just nuts. Nobody cares. Cena can't even get him heat.

Mecca
07-21-2008, 06:18 PM
That about made me laugh my ass off a few weeks ago, her giving Natalie Neidhart a lecture about what to do in the ring.

ROFL

Main event tonight is a repeat of Cena/Cryme Tyme versus JBL/Priceless

I don't really mind that, they're trying to get the two younger teams over, but the way they're cramming JBL down everybody's throat is just nuts. Nobody cares. Cena can't even get him heat.

Vince loves JBL, he really does they treat him like he's Austin in his prime, why I don't know.

I guess being a blow hard republican is good enough for Vince.

BigRock
07-21-2008, 06:30 PM

Was this post indended to be a response to the points I made, or just confirmation of them?

You continue to rally on this issue like you're discovering new ground here. You aren't. Can you imagine someone signing up here and going "Gee, guys, I'm starting to think this Carl Peterson fellow might not be a very successful general manager!" And can you imagine him continuing to hammer that point, which everyone else figured out years ago?

That's you on this topic. And, true to form, you continue to use ridiculous hyperbole when trying to make your point.

You've made two references now to "ratings". Are you honestly under the impression that Raw's ratings are up because HHH isn't on the show? That's kind of an unusual position to take for any number of reasons, not the least of which being the upswing Smackdown is on since he moved there.

You said HHH is "always" in the main events, even when he's not wrestling for the world title. You gave 2 examples, one going back to 4 years ago. I can give you twice that many examples of PPVs where he WASN'T in the main event from just last year.

You're hammering a point that the rest of the world came to terms with 5 years ago, and you're completely exaggerating at best, making things up at worst, to try proving a position THAT DOESN'T NEED PROVING.

Do you really wonder why this...

And yet, on wrestling boards when I argue that HHH is a backstage politician who never puts anyone over, I'm treated as though I just wiped my ass with the pope's hat in the middle of an Easter service.

...is the reaction you get?

Mecca
07-21-2008, 06:32 PM
You will get that reaction alot of times.....maybe he's not willing to bow down and accept it?

Basically you're argument right now is "H isn't going away shutup and deal with it"

BigRock
07-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Basically you're argument right now is "H isn't going away shutup and deal with it"
DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER

JOHNNY, TELL HIM WHAT HE'S WON

Mecca
07-21-2008, 06:38 PM

Why should he accept that?

That's like saying "Yo this wrestling show it totally blows I know you're a big fan and all but just deal with it, you have no place to complain about it"

If you've been a fan for a long time I think you have a right to complain about shit you don't like, the problem is most WWE fans are sheep and will eventually accept what they are fed to like.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Was this post indended to be a response to the points I made, or just confirmation of them?

You continue to rally on this issue like you're discovering new ground here. You aren't. Can you imagine someone signing up here and going "Gee, guys, I'm starting to think this Carl Peterson fellow might not be a very successful general manager!" And can you imagine him continuing to hammer that point, which everyone else figured out years ago?

That's you on this topic. And, true to form, you continue to use ridiculous hyperbole when trying to make your point.

You've made two references now to "ratings". Are you honestly under the impression that Raw's ratings are up because HHH isn't on the show? That's kind of an unusual position to take for any number of reasons, not the least of which being the upswing Smackdown is on since he moved there.

You said HHH is "always" in the main events, even when he's not wrestling for the world title. You gave 2 examples, one going back to 4 years ago. I can give you twice that many examples of PPVs where he WASN'T in the main event from just last year.

You're hammering a point that the rest of the world came to terms with 5 years ago, and you're completely exaggerating at best, making things up at worst, to try proving a position THAT DOESN'T NEED PROVING.

Do you really wonder why this...

...is the reaction you get?

He ME'd No Mercy, The Royal Rumble (one of the last two guys in the finish), No Way Out, WM, Backlash, ONS, NOC, GAB, just since his return from injury.

Just because I'm not some dumb sonofabitch who cheers who Vince tells me to doesn't make my analysis of the matter insignificant.

I can give you a plethora of all of the above examples, the run sheet shit with Shawn when they were in LA, the OVW stamp on the Spirit Squad's box, telling Cena that his fan base was comprised of six year olds. There comes a point when breaking the fourth wall to get yourself over is a detriment to the business.

You still haven't offered any kind of response to my comments other than someone else has mentioned it before. Well, perhaps that's because it's true. I'm loathe to quote T.O., but if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it's a rat.

Oh, but Hunter is booked as the top face, therefore he should be cheered. Well, he can't work a match above three snowflakes anymore without buckets of blood, his promos consist of "I'm better than you, [insert shoot comment]" for an interminably long period, and even when he doesn't have the titles, the announcers constantly put him over as the best in the business. The guy's ego is so big he simply cannot step aside. Even when he's not the champ, he has to be referred to as the best. Supposedly, that's good for business. Well, if it really was that good for business, why do RAW ratings drop when he's champ, and why do guys like the Hardys and Cena blow him out of the water in regards to merch sales? Why does CM Punk get buried when he outpops DX in Chicago?

It's a simple matter of ego. He has to be booked as a monster to satisfy his own insecurity. He wants to be Flair, and he wants to be bigger than Austin or Hogan, but he'll never be that. He's Dave Winfield trying to imitate Reggie Jackson...Hell, he's more Harold Minor than he is Michael Jordan. But the guys holding the books are constantly directed to push him as though he's the greatest thing to ever grace wrestling.

Just because you get a God push doesn't mean you deserve it: See: Lesnar, Brock; Goldberg, Bill.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-21-2008, 06:46 PM

Tard logic if I've ever seen it.

Boris The Great
07-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Re: ratings

The rating for Raw the week before the draft was 3.3. The draft itself in the two normal hours for Raw did a 3.7. They were at 3.5 the next two weeks but dropped to 3.2 last week.

That shows a big bump for the draft show and they managed to hold some of that extra audience for the next two weeks. But last week it was back down to pre-draft levels. This week, coming off a PPV, maybe they will rise back up.

For Smackdown, the week before the draft had a rating of 2.1. (Keep in mind cable and network ratings are figured differently.) The episode after the draft did a 2.5. That is a big jump without something like the draft as a hook. And last weeks rating was a 2.7.

Smackdown has been doing very well since the draft, which is when HHH and others moved over. Raw had the benefit of the draft to bring in new viewers, but doesnt look like it is keeping them.

BigRock
07-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Why should he accept that?

Because... absolutely nothing he says or does is going to change it?

Don't let me stop you, though. FIGHT THE POWER, BRO.

Mecca
07-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Because... absolutely nothing he says or does is going to change it?

Don't let me stop you, though. FIGHT THE POWER, BRO.

That's like saying you shouldn't complain about the Chiefs when they suck, just accept it.

There are 2 things that I know about Triple H that are absolute facts, by the time he retires he'll have held more world titles than Flair being the most decorated and 2 the guy was so jealous of the Rock it was absolutely funny. Remember when the Rock came back and did the great skits with Hurricane what did H do...he promptly buried him..

There is no doubt that H was always jealous of the Rock, truth is for a guy who idolized Flair, H is more and more like Hogan everyday just without the big gates or mainstream notoriety, he's Hogan without what made Hogan, Hogan.

Ultra Peanut
07-21-2008, 07:04 PM
This seems pertinent:

http://i37.tinypic.com/szy5u1.gif

BigRock
07-21-2008, 07:08 PM
He ME'd No Mercy, The Royal Rumble (one of the last two guys in the finish), No Way Out, WM, Backlash, ONS, NOC, GAB, just since his return from injury.

He ME'd No Mercy because Cena got hurt. His match with Umaga wasn't the planned main event. On top of that, his matches with Booker at SummerSlam, Carlito at Unforgiven, and Jeff Hardy at Armageddon weren't main events either.

Your assertion that he's always in the main events is yet more ridiculous hyperbole.

Just because I'm not some dumb sonofabitch who cheers who Vince tells me to doesn't make my analysis of the matter insignificant.

Insignificant, no. Wrong, yes.

I can give you a plethora of all of the above examples, the run sheet shit with Shawn when they were in LA, the OVW stamp on the Spirit Squad's box, telling Cena that his fan base was comprised of six year olds. There comes a point when breaking the fourth wall to get yourself over is a detriment to the business.

OH NO NOT THE OVW BOX

You still haven't offered any kind of response to my comments

Sure I have, they just go in one ear and out the other. Say, here's one now:

Well, he can't work a match above three snowflakes anymore without buckets of blood

HHH vs. Cena - Night of Champions: **** (no blood)

But your continued mistake is that I'm trying to refute your comments about HHH. I'm not. I'm asking why you feel the need to continue watching it while rallying against something that you're never, ever going to change, even though most of the world moved on 5 years ago.

BigRock
07-21-2008, 07:11 PM
That's like saying you shouldn't complain about the Chiefs when they suck, just accept it.

No, it's not. It's like complaining that Carl Peterson is the general manager. He's not getting fired. He's not going to say "I'm not doing a good enough job" and quit. He'll be there until he retires.

Nobody likes it, but we've all come to accept it.

Boris The Great
07-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Cena is disliked because hes marketed to people who are 6

The bigger problem with Cena is that he got pushed like Jesus Christ Almighty for two straight years as they pushed him down everyones throat. He is a charismatic guy and he can talk, but he isnt close to Steve Austin or The Rock or Hogan, and he got put over everyone like he was invincible.

Look at CM Punk, the reactions to him havent been that great since he won the belt. People are saying he looked weak at the PPV, but I guarantee that if he went out and beat Batista, he would be the next Cena in terms of crowds booing him when they should be cheering.

The Punk match last night was a good match. He went back and forth with Batista, it wasnt like he was getting dominated. But people are acting like if Punk didnt win that match clean, then it somehow makes him look bad. Has nothing been learned? There is no need to push Punk down peoples throats. Pushing him as an underdog champ doesnt make him the Honky Tonk Man. Bret Hart was an underdog champ his first time out, that worked pretty good.

Mecca
07-21-2008, 07:52 PM
The bigger problem with Cena is that he got pushed like Superman for two straight years as they shoved him down everyones throat. He is a charismatic guy and he can talk, but he isnt close to Steve Austin or The Rock or Hogan, and he got put over everyone like he was invincible.

Look at CM Punk, the reactions to him havent been that great since he won the belt. People are saying he looked weak at the PPV, but I guarantee that if he went out and beat Batista, he would be the next Cena in terms of crowds booing him when they should be cheering.

The Punk match last night was a good match. He went back and forth with Batista, it wasnt like he was getting dominated. But people are acting like if Punk didnt win that match clean, then it somehow makes him look bad. Has nothing been learned? There is no need to push Punk down peoples throats. Pushing him as an underdog champ doesnt make him the Honky Tonk Man. Bret Hart was an underdog champ his first time out.

You should probably win your match though, if he keeps being booked like that be comes Mysterio which makes him a lame duck.

Boris The Great
07-21-2008, 07:57 PM
You should probably win your match though, if he keeps being booked like that be comes Mysterio which makes him a lame duck.

People really do like to exaggerate.

unothadeal
07-21-2008, 09:30 PM
http://break.com/index/wrestlers-need-a-chair-and-fans-deliverb.html

HolmeZz
07-21-2008, 09:37 PM
YOU BETTA RECANIZE

chiefs1111
07-21-2008, 09:39 PM
I can't believe D-Lo freaking Brown is back

HolmeZz
07-21-2008, 09:40 PM
The only thing that match was missing was a Sky High.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-21-2008, 10:00 PM
He ME'd No Mercy because Cena got hurt. His match with Umaga wasn't the planned main event. On top of that, his matches with Booker at SummerSlam, Carlito at Unforgiven, and Jeff Hardy at Armageddon weren't main events either.

Your assertion that he's always in the main events is yet more ridiculous hyperbole.

Insignificant, no. Wrong, yes.

OH NO NOT THE OVW BOX

Sure I have, they just go in one ear and out the other. Say, here's one now:

HHH vs. Cena - Night of Champions: **** (no blood)

But your continued mistake is that I'm trying to refute your comments about HHH. I'm not. I'm asking why you feel the need to continue watching it while rallying against something that you're never, ever going to change, even though most of the world moved on 5 years ago.

Then why has he ME'd the last 6 WM's he's competed in?

That NOC match was *** at absolute best.

I can watch the Chiefs and still not think that they are run correctly. I can refuse to buy merchandise and PPVs (which I do).

For what it's worth, I quit watching from about 2002-06, which roughly coincides with two things:

1) Lesnar's ridiculous push
2) HHH being handed the WHT and initiating the reign of terror.

Ironically enough, the only thing that brought me back was Netflix and the DVD library. Generally, when most HHH or DX segments came on, my attention went the opposite direction.

Yeah, I'm one dude, but if enough singular people give HHH the X-Pac heat he deserves, he will take a lesser role.

Mecca
07-21-2008, 10:07 PM
And again CM Punk can't win a match as champion..

chiefs1111
07-21-2008, 10:20 PM
And again CM Punk can't win a match as champion..

Yeah,I wonder how long they will keep that going.....

BigRock
07-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Then why has he ME'd the last 6 WM's he's competed in?

He didn't main event this year's WrestleMania. But I'll assume you meant title match, not main event. Regardless, I'm not sure what that question has to do with the price of tea in Chyna. Do you think I didn't know he's been in a lot of 'Mania title matches?

That NOC match was *** at absolute best.

Well, perhaps one day the name Hamas Jenkins will be held in the same esteem as the names Dave Meltzer, Wade Keller, and Bryan Alvarez. But until that day comes, the general consensus is that it was a **** match.

For what it's worth, I quit watching from about 2002-06, which roughly coincides with two things:

1) Lesnar's ridiculous push

What didn't you like about Brock?

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-21-2008, 11:10 PM
He didn't main event this year's WrestleMania. But I'll assume you meant title match, not main event. Regardless, I'm not sure what that question has to do with the price of tea in Chyna. Do you think I didn't know he's been in a lot of 'Mania title matches?

Well, perhaps one day the name Hamas Jenkins will be held in the same esteem as the names Dave Meltzer, Wade Keller, and Bryan Alvarez. But until that day comes, the general consensus is that it was a **** match.

What didn't you like about Brock?

I'm sorry, but wrestling for a World Title at a show like WM is ME'ing the event.

Brock was handed the keys to the company and pissed it all away. He got the most undeserving God push in history. He couldn't talk, he was an immature asswipe, and he wouldn't put anyone over when it came his turn to build new guys. No one gave a shit about him until Rocky did everything in his power to make him at SS. Before that people chanted "Goldberg" during his matches as a form of taunting him.

keg in kc
07-22-2008, 01:18 PM
They're potentially hurting both punk and the world title with the way they're handling this. No push at all, which makes him look like a joke and devalues the belt. Low on the card at the PPV, he can't even get a cheap win as the supposed 'champ'. They really need to do something with him, or get the belt on batista next week. It's a waste of time otherwise. If I were in charge, I'd let him get a surprise roll-up next week, start to build some legitimate momentum with a win streak, and then lose it in a match where he doesn't look like a joke against Dave, establishing him as a future star. The way they're doing it now is the exact kind of thing they did with him after he won MitB.

Mecca
07-22-2008, 01:19 PM
I guess the issue is last I heard Gerwirtz is not a fan of Punk.

keg in kc
07-22-2008, 01:22 PM
That wouldn't surprise me.

How much better raw could be without gerwitz (with or without punk)...

Swanman
07-22-2008, 02:35 PM
I guess the issue is last I heard Gerwirtz is not a fan of Punk.

Gerwitz is normally not a fan of any wrestler that, as they say in the biz, is "talented". Gerwitz sucks.

In his next defense, Punk obviously needs to go over fairly clean, and I would do it with a new finisher, or go back to the anaconda vice. That way, he can be billed as a guy that can beat you with a couple different finishers, making him more credible as a champ.

keg in kc
07-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Watching the raw match again, I actually thought it was good for Punk up until the end. The crowd was dead, which doesn't help (obviously nobody thought there was any chance punk was winning), and he was on offense due primarily to Kane's interference, storywise, but he was beating Batista for 99% of that match. Until Dave hulked up and took him apart. Then JBL destroys Dave, and throws Punk out of the ring so the three "real" stars can fight. So you end up with a 10 minute segment that could have started to build punk that ended up making him look maybe worse than before it started.

I'm not sure where they're going, but when JBL brought up the term "transitional champion" it made me think they might keep the belt on him after summerslam, but to do that, they have to start giving him some wins at some point.

I don't care so much if it's on punk, but it's at least been a change. Putting the belt back on Batista, or putting it on Cena or (jesus help us) JBL, would just kill my interest in the show.

Ultra Peanut
07-23-2008, 12:32 AM
YOU BETTA RECANIZEWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

I guess the issue is last I heard Gerwirtz is not a fan of Punk.I hear he's in the doghouse.

keg in kc
07-23-2008, 12:42 AM
I hear he's in the doghouse.He's been in the doghouse since he debuted.

ECW was a decent show tonight. Really fun main event right up until Matt Hardy won (which you knew was going to happen...).

They really need to move Morrison to the next level.

Ultra Peanut
07-23-2008, 12:42 AM
LAFFO @ Sexual Chocolate's new belt.

Ultra Peanut
07-23-2008, 01:12 AM
Morrison looks so weird without a title. Great four-way, though.

Moobs
07-23-2008, 01:24 AM
If you read the SD spoilers, and happened to see who HHH's challenger for SummerSlam will be....

....****.

I just don't know what to say.

keg in kc
07-23-2008, 01:28 AM
If you read the SD spoilers, and happened to see who HHH's challenger for SummerSlam will be....

....****.

I just don't know what to say.WTF

Who on hell wants to watch that???

Although I guess HUN-TOR needs someone big to demolish to establish his god-hood.

keg in kc
07-23-2008, 01:29 AM
In slightly better news, it looks like Ron Killings is close to making his wwe re-debut.

keg in kc
07-23-2008, 01:33 AM
I still can't believe that summerslam main event. That's just mind-boggling.

Moobs
07-23-2008, 01:41 AM
I still can't believe that summerslam main event. That's just mind-boggling.

When I read it, my mind instantly jumped to behind closed doors in Stamford, where this idea was discussed, approved, and put into motion. If they wanted a throw away match on a PPV, they should have flip flopped this main event for GAB. SummerSlam deserves better.

Boris The Great
07-23-2008, 02:06 AM
WTF

Who on hell wants to watch that???

Although I guess HUN-TOR needs someone big to demolish to establish his god-hood.

LOL yeah, I bet he was just begging Vince to wrestle....... that particular person.

And no way will it be the main event. Not after the other match they announced, and it looks like Raw could do an Elimination Chamber. If they put both a HITC and a Chamber on the show, it wont really matter what the Smackdown title match is as far as buyrates go. Not that it excuses.... that particular person being in it.

keg in kc
07-23-2008, 02:36 AM
LOL yeah, I bet he was just begging Vince to wrestle....... that particular person.Well, Paul gets what Paul wants...And no way will it be the main event. Not after the other match they announced, and it looks like Raw could do an Elimination Chamber. If they put both a HITC and a Chamber on the show, it wont really matter what the Smackdown title match is as far as buyrates go. Not that it excuses.... that particular person being in it.I'm not convinced Raw is going elimination chamber or 4-way or anything. Last night's ending makes it look like they're maybe going Cena/Batista and Punk/JBL, although I'm not sure where that leaves Kane or his bag full o' mask.

Hell, this is WWE, they could change their minds 2750478 times in the next four weeks.

Boris The Great
07-23-2008, 06:37 AM
Well, Paul gets what Paul wants...

So he wanted his world title win postponed for a month and his match bumped from the main event of Wrestlemania? LOL. If he wanted a match with someone big, he could have had Big Show. That would at least be halfway watchable.

Also, I mean this in the politest way possible, but this habit around here of calling guys by their real names comes off so..... markish, for lack of a better word. Wrestlers dont even call each other by their real names 95% of the time. If you ever talk with someone vaguely connected to wrestling and you make reference to Paul and all this, they will roll their eyes so fast it wont even be funny. Im just saying.

The best is when people go up to Shawn Michaels and call him Mike or Michael cause they read it on the internet. It may be his legal name, but anyone who knows him knows hes been called Shawn all his life.

big nasty kcnut
07-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Well i think this match will end with him out of action so he'll be there for steph birth of thier child. Also give tommy the belt and run with it till morrison take the belt.

Swanman
07-23-2008, 07:50 AM
The best is when people go up to Shawn Michaels and call him Mike or Michael cause they read it on the internet. It may be his legal name, but anyone who knows him knows hes been called Shawn all his life.

I would call him Mr. Hickenbottom, that'll get his goat.:D

Ultra Peanut
07-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Also, I mean this in the politest way possible, but this habit around here of calling guys by their real names comes off so..... markish, for lack of a better word. Wrestlers dont even call each other by their real names 95% of the time. If you ever talk with someone vaguely connected to wrestling and you make reference to Paul and all this, they will roll their eyes so fast it wont even be funny. Im just saying.

The best is when people go up to Shawn Michaels and call him Mike or Michael cause they read it on the internet. It may be his legal name, but anyone who knows him knows hes been called Shawn all his life.If I ever see Chris Jericho, I'm going to walk up to him and call him Mr. Skywalker.

keg in kc
07-23-2008, 12:36 PM
So he wanted his world title win postponed for a month and his match bumped from the main event of Wrestlemania? LOL. If he wanted a match with someone big, he could have had Big Show. That would at least be halfway watchable.He's the son-in-law of the chairman, husband to the next chairman. He gets what he wants.Also, I mean this in the politest way possible, but this habit around here of calling guys by their real names comes off so..... markish, for lack of a better word. I mean this in the politest way possible. I really don't give a shit what you think.

Sfeihc
07-23-2008, 01:40 PM
way to keep it classy. Just like the MMA thread it seems like a discussion can't be had without it turning into macho keyboard warrior b.s.

keg in kc
07-23-2008, 01:51 PM
way to keep it classy. Just like the MMA thread it seems like a discussion can't be had without it turning into macho keyboard warrior b.s.I said I didn't care. That's a fair bit removed from threatening to kick his ass in good macho fashion using the 17 varieties of imaginary kung fu that I've mastered. But...whatever.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Let's go back to Mecca's HHH-Hogan comparison.

Now Trips gets to dominate a giant at a major PPV.

Let's also not forget his ridiculous orange goblinesque tan.

Some of this is tongue in cheek, but it's also pretty damned ironic.

Boris The Great
07-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Hes the son-in-law of the chairman, husband to the next chairman. He gets what he wants.

I like how you counter a direct counter to your point by just repeating yourself. If he gets what he wants, he wins the WWE title in the main event of Wrestlemania. If he gets what he wants, he doesnt spend weeks telling everyone he would win the Royal Rumble only to get shown up at the last minute by Cena. If he gets what he wants, he never has a PPV feud with frigging Carlito. The list goes on and on. Hell, if he gets what he wants, he probably doesnt wrestle Edge so soon, because now he has no opponent for Wrestlemania.

But I shouldnt need to tell you any of this. I mean, you arent just some message board smart mark, you actually know their REAL NAMES. Have you ever thought about starting your own newsletter?

BigRock
07-23-2008, 04:40 PM
you arent just some message board smart mark, you actually know their REAL NAMES. Have you ever thought about starting your own newsletter?

I suggest abandoning this thread and starting a new one, because that right there will never be topped. Go out on a high note.

keg in kc
07-23-2008, 05:13 PM
An ironic thought I had about a year ago: anybody who even knows what a smark is has no business calling someone else one. 'cause odds are you are one.

Moobs
07-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Hey I tend to like the mix of marks, smarks, smarts, smarky-marks, Marky-marks (no Funkie Bunch) on this board.

BigRock
07-23-2008, 05:27 PM
By "Mark", are you guys talking about the Undertaker?

Mecca
07-23-2008, 05:34 PM
I suggest abandoning this thread and starting a new one, because that right there will never be topped. Go out on a high note.

You remind me of a DVDVR poster......and I hate that board...

Moobs
07-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Mr. Calloway is not a topic of discussion at this time.

Mecca
07-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Yea he might start taping his fists...

BigRock
07-23-2008, 06:07 PM
You remind me of a DVDVR poster......and I hate that board...
Yeah, that place sucks. Nothing but miserable assholes who focus on the negative and act like they know everything.

Wait, you DON'T like that board?

Mecca
07-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Yeah, that place sucks. Nothing but miserable assholes who focus on the negative and act like they know everything.

Wait, you DON'T like that board?

Actually you have it wrong, that board morphed into a bunch of to cool for the room posters who think the new smark is being a mark and throw smark out as an insult....

That's how you were reminding me of it.

BigRock
07-23-2008, 06:19 PM
a bunch of to cool for the room posters
Well, you've definitely got me there.

Bowser
07-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Gentlemen! There is no fighting in the wrestling thread!

Moobs
07-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Allow me to lighten the mood with some inspiring wrestling pictures.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/TallShow/WWEv%20Wrestling%20Shows%20and%20Matches/WWE%20Survivor%20Series%202007/5807938.jpg

keg in kc
07-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Moobs, you may be looking at the WM main event there, at the rate they're going.

Ultra Peanut
07-24-2008, 11:51 AM
come on guys be fwiends

http://i36.tinypic.com/29wu6xe.jpg

Ultra Peanut
07-25-2008, 08:05 PM
MVP talked shit about Jeff Hardy's dead dog.

"Burning you up inside," best promo ever.

That was "talk about the bad things that have happened to each other in real life," and it was amazing.

big nasty kcnut
07-25-2008, 08:28 PM
If jeff had told mvp how your bunkmate ass taste while in prison. That would be awesome.

Ultra Peanut
07-25-2008, 08:47 PM
If jeff had told mvp how your bunkmate ass taste while in prison. That would be awesome.Look at that man. He was getting his balls massaged every night, if he so chose.

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Shane-O-Mac! Ching ching, bling bling!

CM Punk vs. The most techinally sound free agent IN W OWHARHEWTEAIRHJAHRKJSAD IF THAT WASN"T JUST SMARK BAIT WTFT OIWHKEIWAJHRIUSDHISIFDIDDHISGURFDXXFZX

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Hahaha, "Eyes up here."

SANTINO WINZ
SANTINO WINZ

Beth and Santino are the best wrestling romance since MattVP.

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 08:32 PM
I need that ringtone.

<embed src="http://www.seeqpod.net/cache/seeqpodSlimlineEmbed.swf" wmode="transparent" width="300" height="80" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="domain=http://www.seeqpod.com&playlistXMLPath=http://www.seeqpod.com/api/music/getPlaylist?playlist_id=6a42e5deb9"></embed>

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Holy Great Gate of Kiev, it's the Hooooooo Kang Connection!

Aww, no Hooooooo Kang. Awesome, it's Cole.

They blew their chance to put Duggan in for commentary.

HolmeZz
07-28-2008, 08:47 PM
HEY, LISTEN F*CKHEAD

Ari Chi3fs
07-28-2008, 08:48 PM
I took my kid to Raw in KC a few weeks ago... and OMG, he is addicted. Im a ****ing idiot.

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Adamle, **** yes.

NOBLE, **** YES.

"I'm good-lookin' like Barack Obama. I love my oatmeal like John McCain. Jamie Noble has everything you need to make it to the top!"

Noble vs. Kofi, **** yes.

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Jamaican Me Coffee

What do you mean, "You People?"
What do you mean, "You People?"

Moobs
07-28-2008, 08:57 PM
My GM guess: Buff "The Stuff" Bagwell

or Glacier

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 08:59 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

(Note: If that had been Danielson or Cabana the YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS would have been five times longer.)

My GM guess: Buff "The Stuff" Bagwell

or GlacierNEXT MONDAY: Blood will run cold.

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 09:06 PM
JBL, please give up the ghost and get back on the mic full-time. "Man's Man" and the shot at Don West were great, and he did a great job of selling the match for someone who was ostensibly there as a third-wheel wrestler.

Given another five minutes, that match would have been AWESOME. It was still pretty rad, what with the punching and kicking and the busted nose and the wicked dragon suplex.

Basileus777
07-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Punk is booked like crap, a GTS out of no where after being destroyed by regal....Punk looks soo weak...

Mecca
07-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Are you surprised?

Brian Gerwirtz has never liked Punk or thought much of him.

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 09:12 PM
The broken Jeritron is glorious.

BREAK THE FIDUCIARY AGREEMENTS FOR FISCAL YEAR 2008 DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN

Punk is booked like crap, a GTS out of no where after being destroyed by regal....Punk looks soo weak...OH NO HE'S IN THE DOGHOUSE

Are you surprised?

Brian Gerwirtz has never liked Punk or thought much of him.OH NO HE'S IN THE DOGHOUSE

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Trashbag AROOOOOOOOOOOOGA-TV-PG-TV-PG

Yeah, I miss that guy, but you're pretty awesome too, guy.

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 09:26 PM
JIM MUTHAFUKKEN ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSS

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Jesus, Jillian lost weight. She looks like tits on a stick.

Adamle is hilarious. I think I'd honestly be okay if the Raw team was JR-Kang-Adamle.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Jesus, Jillian lost weight. She looks like tits on a stick.

Yeah, she's dropped at least 12-15 pounds.

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 09:31 PM
WHAT KIND OF FATHER ARE YOU

A ****ING TERRIBLE FATHER THAT'S WHAT

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-28-2008, 09:32 PM
I would really like to see Katie Lea and Mickie James meet in the middle of a double headed dildo.

chiefs1111
07-28-2008, 09:35 PM
I would really like to see Katie Lea and Mickie James meet in the middle of a double headed dildo.

well,you can always hope.....

Moobs
07-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Coach as GM anyone? Or was that ESPN signing legit...?

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 09:49 PM
ADAMLE IS SHOOTING ON MAMAJUANA

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 10:07 PM
HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-28-2008, 10:07 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

chiefs1111
07-28-2008, 10:08 PM
well,that's interesting I guess........

BigRock
07-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Hiring a former Chief as GM brings us one step closer to nirvana.

CARL PETERSON
RAW 2010

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Hiring a former Chief as GM brings us one step closer to nirvana.

CARL PETERSON
RAW 2010Well, that's one way for TNA to compete, I guess.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-28-2008, 11:34 PM
F*cking classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b03xiugLMTk&feature=related

BigRock
07-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Well, that's one way for TNA to compete, I guess.

You know, TNA's got 3 dates in Kansas next month, with shows in Wichita, Topeka, and Salina. I'm just mentioning that in case anyone who might be interested didn't already know.

I didn't know, but I can't say I'm all that interested. The lineups look pretty weak.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-29-2008, 03:38 AM
Who would have ever thought that Adamle being named GM wasn't the most random thing of the night.

Freddie Prinze Jr. is now a member of the WWE Creative team.

What. The. F*ck?

Ultra Peanut
07-29-2008, 07:56 AM
You know, TNA's got 3 dates in Kansas next month, with shows in Wichita, Topeka, and Salina. I'm just mentioning that in case anyone who might be interested didn't already know.

I didn't know, but I can't say I'm all that interested. The lineups look pretty weak.Apparently, TNA's house shows are pretty fun, what with there being wrestling rather than pure retardation. Not that I'm endorsing the act of giving money to TNA, or anything.

BigRock
07-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Who would have ever thought that Adamle being named GM wasn't the most random thing of the night.

Freddie Prinze Jr. is now a member of the WWE Creative team.

What. The. F*ck?

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMERSLAM

Apparently, TNA's house shows are pretty fun, what with there being wrestling rather than pure retardation. Not that I'm endorsing the act of giving money to TNA, or anything.

The surprising part to me was that they're charging $50 for floor seats. I went to a WWE show last year and it was $60 for floor seats, and that was a TV taping. This is a TNA house show.

I know they sign autographs after the show or whatever they do, but getting a picture of Bubba Ray and having the opportunity to say "I went to Salina and met Salinas" don't really seem like they're worth WWE ballpark money.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 07:43 PM
I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMERSLAM

The surprising part to me was that they're charging $50 for floor seats. I went to a WWE show last year and it was $60 for floor seats, and that was a TV taping. This is a TNA house show.

I know they sign autographs after the show or whatever they do, but getting a picture of Bubba Ray and having the opportunity to say "I went to Salina and met Salinas" don't really seem like they're worth WWE ballpark money.

I'll pay the 50 bucks if Salinas will get naked.....

BigRock
07-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Maybe she'll take it in the salanus.

Ultra Peanut
07-29-2008, 08:24 PM
The surprising part to me was that they're charging $50 for floor seats. I went to a WWE show last year and it was $60 for floor seats, and that was a TV taping. This is a TNA house show.Yeah. TNA likes to outprice their audience by trying to pretend they're already a huge company. It's how they manage to kill markets they've managed to put on great shows in front of.

It seems like the whole company is just some sort of incredibly elaborate practical joke on Jim Cornette and Samoa Joe.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Yeah. TNA likes to outprice their audience by trying to pretend they're already a huge company. It's how they manage to kill markets they've managed to put on great shows in front of.

It seems like the whole company is just some sort of incredibly elaborate practical joke on Jim Cornette and Samoa Joe.

They're on their way to Dairy Queen.

Ultra Peanut
07-29-2008, 08:26 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Id4rZhN_LEg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Id4rZhN_LEg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
07-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Why are Atlas DeRickybone Ortiz and Wildfat Braden Walker on ECW when guys like Colt Cabana, Afa Jr., TJ Wilson, and even Kevin Thorn are stuck in FCW?

Mecca
07-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Wildcat jokes.........

Cause see WWE is weird like that....Ortiz is big so that explains why he's on TV already the others your guess is as good as mine.

BigRock
07-30-2008, 02:57 AM
Former pro wrestler visits Chargers
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

SAN DIEGO -- It has been a star-studded last couple of days at the Chargers' camp Monday night. The team listened to a media training presentation by former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer.

Tuesday, the atmosphere got a little more raw. Former pro wrestler Bill Goldberg was present at camp.

Goldberg, a former NFL player who lives in San Diego, was a very popular visitor among players. Linebacker Shawne "roidman" Merriman, who himself participated in a wrestling event this summer in a cameo role, hugged Goldberg and spent several minutes with him. Chargers coach Norv Turner also spent some time with Goldberg. The two were together with the Los Angeles Rams in 1990 when Turner was an assistant coach and Goldberg was a rookie.

nlm nlm

Ultra Peanut
07-30-2008, 06:29 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MARK

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HOW COULD YOU

HE WAS LIKE A BROTHER TO YOU

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-31-2008, 05:22 AM
From Meltzer:

HHH behind the scenes is not a supporter of his dating back to his arrival in the company, and has joked that they now need to turn Michaels heel so Punk can have someone who can work him through a world title match. The Punk not looking strong is part of the Vince directive. Vince believes that Punk as a babyface always clinging onto the belt against "better" guys will cause fans to get behind him in the long run. It was the same idea he had with Mysterio, which in hindsight, most feel was a big mistake, but Vince was also never behind Mysterio as anything but a transitional champion at that time

BigRock
07-31-2008, 05:42 AM
You left out the line about how everyone in creative is 100% behind Punk ever since Vince decided to make him champ.

DOGHOUSE

Moobs
08-01-2008, 09:57 PM
If you didn't get a chance to catch SmackDown, I'd search YouTube for the Edge/Foley segment at the end. Really good stuff.

Ultra Peanut
08-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Big Zeke is the TOTAL PACKAGE!!!!!!!

chiefs1111
08-01-2008, 11:30 PM
If you didn't get a chance to catch SmackDown, I'd search YouTube for the Edge/Foley segment at the end. Really good stuff.

Yeah I enjoyed seeing that...

Moobs
08-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Here's the Edge/Foley segment, three parts.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XmpP-yCNv2M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XmpP-yCNv2M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kNOXTIBgqJI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kNOXTIBgqJI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CSakJykAIIA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CSakJykAIIA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Reaper16
08-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Jesus, that was awesome.

Thanks, Moobs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-02-2008, 02:19 AM
That segment conveys how important acting and mic work are to someone getting over.

BigRock
08-02-2008, 02:36 AM
SHANE MCMAHON SAYS CHIEFS!!!!11!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d35GkCp1ceM

I'd embed the video, but it says "disabled by request".

Ultra Peanut
08-04-2008, 11:52 PM
CHRIS JERICHO WEARING TRUNKS. CHRIS JERICHO. UNDEROOS.

THIS COMPLETELY CHANGES MY WORLD VIEW.

Ultra Peanut
08-05-2008, 12:13 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That was SO CONTRIVED. AND JBL SHOULD NOT BE SHITTING UP THE ****ING RING.

GOD DAMNIT ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS MAKE IT A THREE-WAY YOU PIG****ERS

WHY AM I YELLING

Ultra Peanut
08-05-2008, 12:36 AM
IS HE ALIVE OR IS HE DEAD?!

I DON'T KNOW!

PLUS YOUR T-SHIRTS ARE TOO TIGHT, BILLY!

Ultra Peanut
08-05-2008, 01:06 AM
Well, that's just great. Let's act like TNA and constantly have tag champs who don't trust each other.

FIRE RUSSO

keg in kc
08-05-2008, 01:48 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That was SO CONTRIVED. AND JBL SHOULD NOT BE SHITTING UP THE ****ING RING.

GOD DAMNIT ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS MAKE IT A THREE-WAY YOU PIG****ERS

WHY AM I YELLINGGood match with an absolutely f*cking awful ending. That's the strongest Punk's looked as champ (by far) and then have him...punked like that. What a pussy.

What I don't get is this: they've been running Jericho versus Punk in house shows.

Maybe some more shenanigans next week.

Ultra Peanut
08-05-2008, 03:24 AM
Good match with an absolutely f*cking awful ending. That's the strongest Punk's looked as champ (by far) and then have him...punked like that. What a pussy.

What I don't get is this: they've been running Jericho versus Punk in house shows.

Maybe some more shenanigans next week.They're obviously saving the Punk-Jericho WHC match for WrestleMania.

(Best WrestleMania ever.)

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-05-2008, 03:51 AM
Well, that's just great. Let's act like TNA and constantly have tag champs who don't trust each other.

FIRE RUSSO

God, that ending segment was truly pathetic.

Instead of having our brand's biggest title occupy the ME, we'll have two "A-listers" fight the up and coming tag champs and take the straps off of them so that they can be used as a prop to further this two week long feud.

Excellent long term booking, guys, and way to really value your titles.

I especially enjoyed the pose down at the end and the pissing contest over who could get the biggest pop.

RAW Summer '08, Where the World Heavyweight Championship is a midcard title. w00t.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-05-2008, 03:52 AM
Good match with an absolutely f*cking awful ending. That's the strongest Punk's looked as champ (by far) and then have him...punked like that. What a pussy.

Maybe some more shenanigans next week.

Because Punk won't tap out to the WOJ, but twenty seconds after the hold is relinquished, it will cause his shoulders to be on the mat for the three.

chiefscafan
08-05-2008, 12:20 PM
if JBL becomes world champion i'm done watching raw i don't want to watch him gab every week about how great he is most boring champ.. Then he'll barely keep the belt every week awful.

keg in kc
08-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Because Punk won't tap out to the WOJ, but twenty seconds after the hold is relinquished, it will cause his shoulders to be on the mat for the three.Funniest comment I heard is that maybe JBL is SO FAT that he just crushed Punk's lungs when he fell on him.

Ultra Peanut
08-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Now that you mention it, that is EXTREMELY plausible. If JBL hadn't gotten up, Punk may have smothered to death under JBL's tits.

Mecca
08-05-2008, 03:01 PM
The WWE treats JBL like hes Steve Austin it's ridiculous, he's loved by McMahon to bad no fans give 2 shits about the guy.

Swanman
08-05-2008, 04:03 PM
The WWE treats JBL like hes Steve Austin it's ridiculous, he's loved by McMahon to bad no fans give 2 shits about the guy.

With Cena, I can understand in a business sense why he's always at the top of the card because he moves a shitload of merch. I can't imagine JBL is moving much merch. He does generate a lot of heat, but I think it's more XPac heat (sorry for the smarky term), not genuine heel heat. People are just sick of seeing his boring ass so they boo him. What makes it worse is that he was golden on commentary, he should have just stayed behind the mic.

Swanman
08-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Here's the lineup so far for ROH's return to Chicago. This isn't even considered a big show, but the lineup is amazing. I'll be front row center for this show.

Tag Team Main Event
ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness & Claudio Castagnoli vs. Bryan Danielson & Austin Aries

No DQ Grudge Match
Jimmy Jacobs vs. The Necro Butcher

NWA World Heavweight Title Match
Brent Albright defends vs. Go Shiozaki with Larry Sweeney

FIP World Heavyweight Title Match
Erick Stevens (if still champion) defends vs. Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney

The Sweet N Sour Gauntlet
Roderick Strong vs. ???

Special Challenge Match
El Generico vs. World Tag Team Champion Tyler Black

Special Attraction
Kevin Steen vs. Kenny King

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-05-2008, 04:41 PM
With Cena, I can understand in a business sense why he's always at the top of the card because he moves a shitload of merch. I can't imagine JBL is moving much merch. He does generate a lot of heat, but I think it's more XPac heat (sorry for the smarky term), not genuine heel heat. People are just sick of seeing his boring ass so they boo him. What makes it worse is that he was golden on commentary, he should have just stayed behind the mic.

He is horribly bland on the stick as an active wrestler. Every promo is "I'm a self made millionaire, an analyst on Fox News, blah, blah, blah."

Cena is at least over, gets a decent reaction, and isn't a backstage bully, and he does move merch, and seems to have a very good attitude.

Swanman
08-05-2008, 04:53 PM
He is horribly bland on the stick as an active wrestler. Every promo is "I'm a self made millionaire, an analyst on Fox News, blah, blah, blah."

Cena is at least over, gets a decent reaction, and isn't a backstage bully, and he does move merch, and seems to have a very good attitude.

I agree that JBL is bland in his promos, but doing color on Smackdown, I thought he was very good.

BigRock
08-05-2008, 05:43 PM
JBL's back is so screwed up that he can't even work out anymore, which is exactly what happened to him when he quit to do commentary. He's probably just hanging on for a couple big paydays before he hangs it up.

Ultra Peanut
08-06-2008, 11:24 AM
I agree that JBL is bland in his promos, but doing color on Smackdown, I thought he was very good.He is AMAZING when he does color. That's why seeing him shit up the ring is so irritating.

Speaking of which, Striker was pretty solid on color last night. There were a few hiccups, but for the most part he did what a color guy should do and added to the broadcast. Grisham/Striker as a permanent team would be pretty decent, too, not that I want them to push The Tazz out or anything.

Anyways, I can't see Punk dropping the title to JBL, though. That would be transitional-to-transitional, because there's no ****ing way they're planning on a long run with JBL.

Tag Team Main Event
ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness & Claudio Castagnoli vs. Bryan Danielson & Austin AriesGood Jesus.

Swanman
08-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Tag Team Main Event
ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness & Claudio Castagnoli vs. Bryan Danielson & Austin Aries

Good Jesus.

Yeah, REALLY looking forward to that one. Team Work makes its triumphant return to Chicago (Danielson & Aries). The Team Work name was born in Chicago when the two tagged in a dream partner tag match. At one point in the match Danielson yelled out to Aries (loud enough for every fan to hear), "Hey, maybe we should try some teamwork.". Then for the rest of the night, every double team move earned a huge "Teamwork" chant.

Also, ROH turned Claudio Castagnoli heel masterfully this past weekend at the Hammerstein. He was eliminated in a 4 corner elimination match and while walking away from the ring, came back and beat the holy hell out of Bryan Danielson, including placing a chair on his head and stomping on it. In ROH, EVERY babyface turns instant hated heel when they do something like that to the beloved Dragon. Classic heel turn writing by ROH.

Ultra Peanut
08-06-2008, 12:53 PM
crosspostin' dis

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lpoZvv6q0Yw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lpoZvv6q0Yw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

keg in kc
08-06-2008, 02:02 PM
I can't see Punk dropping the title to JBL, though. That would be transitional-to-transitional, because there's no ****ing way they're planning on a long run with JBL.That's what I figure. I think they might be setting up a clean Punk win (remember he had JBL up for the GTS) and then a long-term program with Jericho.

That's assuming it still isn't going to be a 3-way with Jericho added monday. Who knows with WWE...

Ultra Peanut
08-06-2008, 02:04 PM
That's what I figure. I think they might be setting up a clean Punk win (remember he had JBL up for the GTS) and then a long-term program with Jericho.Don't say these things. It's too glorious to ever come to pass.

Reaper16
08-06-2008, 02:07 PM
I still hate Orton's new music, however that vid was funny.

Ultra Peanut
08-06-2008, 02:25 PM
I still hate Orton's new music, however that vid was funny.My hope when I was putting it together was that I could convince Crazy Vince McMahon™ that he'd given that music to Kyle "KRO" Orton, and let Sir Randall of Ortonia return to the lights and the burning.

Ultra Peanut
08-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Awesome:

The Dirt Sheet got a 2.1 cable rating at 11:02pm, which is the highest rating segment since September 1, 2007 when CM Punk won the ECW title.Be jealous.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Big Zeke> Zeus.

Moobs
08-09-2008, 12:22 AM
c/o f4wonline:

Tons of WWE cuts PDF Print E-mail

Released so far today

Big Daddy V

Shannon Moore

James Curtis

Domino

Nunzio

Nick Patrick

BigRock
08-09-2008, 02:05 AM
Tons of WWE cuts

Big Daddy V

They could have stopped there and the headline would still be true.

Ultra Peanut
08-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Big Daddy VWhat the ****? The man's a goddamned institution!

James CurtisWhat the ****? They just acknowledged his existence for the first time ever on ECW after fifty-thousand earlier jobs, and now they cut him? Killing him with kindness, ouch.

DominoWow, nobody saw that coming!

Nunzio:(

Nick PatrickNick Patrick was still a WWE employee?

BigRock
08-10-2008, 11:07 PM
The lights went out. When the lights came back on, Joe had a guitar in hand. He bashed Booker over the head and scored the pin. Joe left the cage and grab his belt. West said, "Could this be what I think it means? Does this mean that he's back!!!" The show ended with Booker coming to and getting bug-eyed at the sight of the guitar.

HE WHO DOES NOT EVEN NEED TO BE NAMED

Reaper16
08-11-2008, 02:28 AM
HE WHO DOES NOT EVEN NEED TO BE NAMED
Lights going out for a mysterious clue at a return? They're treating JJ like he's ****ing 'Taker or something. Hah.

Ultra Peanut
08-11-2008, 04:50 AM
It's like TNA said, "Hey, how could we make our horrendous product even worse?"

And Jeff Jarrett said, "Don't worry! I'll save us from respectability!"

Ultra Peanut
08-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Hahaha holy shit, they dumped the Wildfat, too?

Swanman
08-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Hahaha holy shit, they dumped the Wildfat, too?

Wow, he went right from being a member of one of the top tag teams in the world to being a fairly hot singles competitor, to the buffet (many, many times), then straight into the shitter.

Ultra Peanut
08-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Wow, he went right from being a member of one of the top tag teams in the world to being a fairly hot singles competitor, to the buffet (many, many times), then straight into the shitter.James Storm has released a statement:

http://i33.tinypic.com/2k1zyf.jpg

Of course, now TNA's probably going to have a Harris/Jarrett feud for the world title.

Swanman
08-11-2008, 01:30 PM
I don't think Aaron Glazer over at Insidepulse's wrestling section really likes TNA. Here's how he closed out his review of the PPV on Sunday:

"I’d like to send a big f**k you and die to all of the Pulse Wrestling writers who refused to write about this (even for free), leading to me being forced to. I’m far less logical now than I was when this began by osmosis and I hate you all. See you next week for ROH Weekly, wherein I attempt to regain my sanity."

Ultra Peanut
08-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Oh shit, I think I'm going to have to subscribe to F4W just to hear Alvarez's reaction to Hard Justice.