PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, one quick rant. Just got home from KC

Third Eye
10-07-2007, 11:14 PM
If I see our quarterbacks throw short of the marker on 3rd down one more friggin time I'm going to start looking for a tower and a gun. Granted, we have an abundance of 3rd and longs, but for the love of god, please throw to the first down marker. I'm desperately hoping this a product of Huard not wanting to make mistakes, but they teach you this in high school.

HonestChieffan
10-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Welcome to Arrowhead. Jimmy Raye perfected the act, Herm has picked up where Jimmy left off.

chief52
10-07-2007, 11:17 PM
I do not have a problem with throwing a little short and hoping to make the first down...not the greatest call but I can understand it in certain situations.

But throwing a 5 yard quick slant on third and 15 is flat giving up! You are doomed to fail!

Rain Man
10-07-2007, 11:18 PM
I'll put up the first $100 toward your bail.

Third Eye
10-07-2007, 11:22 PM
I'll put up the first $100 toward your bail.
Sweet, only $999,900 to go.

JohnnyV13
10-08-2007, 12:53 AM
uh...guys...just last week D Bowe took a quick slant for 51 yards on 3rd and 18

Fruit Ninja
10-08-2007, 12:57 AM
But throwing a 5 yard quick slant on third and 15 is flat giving up! You are doomed to fail!
Thats 5 more yards of field position lol

/sarcasm off

Short Leash Hootie
10-08-2007, 01:00 AM
If I see our quarterbacks throw short of the marker on 3rd down one more friggin time I'm going to start looking for a tower and a gun. Granted, we have an abundance of 3rd and longs, but for the love of god, please throw to the first down marker. I'm desperately hoping this a product of Huard not wanting to make mistakes, but they teach you this in high school.
Brett Favre threw short on 3rd and long several times against the Bears tonight...

Should they start the young guy over there, too?!

tk13
10-08-2007, 01:08 AM
Brett Favre threw short on 3rd and long several times against the Bears tonight...

Brett Favre lost the game.

Short Leash Hootie
10-08-2007, 01:11 AM
Brett Favre lost the game.
I'd put more of the blame on James Jones...

Either way, a 3rd and 15 isn't exactly high %, especially not when you have our offense...

Sure, we got that fluke 3rd and 19 last week, but if we're going to be consistently in 3rd and long situations, we aren't going to win a whole lot of games...

Which is why this is the RUNNING GAME, not Damon Huard.

But whatever, if Damon being the scapegoat helps these half-fans (and I know you're not one of them) sleep at night, so be it.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-08-2007, 01:28 AM
thank god somebody else feels that way, i didnt get 2 see the game, but i managed to listen 2 it on the radio at work i ended up screaming at the radio more than working and you know how well that works, more than anything why do you run a pass play that when he catches the ball and gets tackled they lose 5 f*#@ing yards, the concept does not work, hell the reality definitely didnt work

Third Eye
10-08-2007, 04:17 AM
I'd put more of the blame on James Jones...

Either way, a 3rd and 15 isn't exactly high %, especially not when you have our offense...

Sure, we got that fluke 3rd and 19 last week, but if we're going to be consistently in 3rd and long situations, we aren't going to win a whole lot of games...

Which is why this is the RUNNING GAME, not Damon Huard.

But whatever, if Damon being the scapegoat helps these half-fans (and I know you're not one of them) sleep at night, so be it.
Well, I sure as hell hope you aren't calling me a half-fan. I wore my red during Macovich and Ganz, granted I was young. Hell, I haven't lived in KC for 10 years and I'm still a season ticket holder. Nor did I even blame Huard. I said I hope it is Huard, because if it is, then it is fixable (Croyle, hopefully). If it isn't Huard, then we're screwed because it is gameplan and philosophy.

Lack of a running game is definitely what is leading us to a lot of 3rd and longs, but I'm not talking about 3rd and 15 or 3rd and 20. I'm talking about 3rd and 6, 3rd and 7, and we are throwing short of the
sticks on a consistent basis, week in and week out. Re-watch the games. It is bad fundamental football. Did you ever play organized football? If you did, you would know that it is one of the most basic of principles.

Third Eye
10-08-2007, 04:21 AM

They were also winning that game for the vast majority, and when you are playing a team with an offense as atrocious as Chicago, field position comes into play alot more.

a1na2
10-08-2007, 06:05 AM

If you guarantee that every 5 yard slant will go for a first down, then I'll back you up. Until then, throw the fuggin ball to the marker.

a1na2
10-08-2007, 06:09 AM

You have to be kidding! You are trying to compare Huard to Farve?

If you don't see the difference in arm strength and other abilities you have your head planted up your backside.

cookster50
10-08-2007, 06:45 AM
If I see our quarterbacks throw short of the marker on 3rd down one more friggin time I'm going to start looking for a tower and a gun.

Better find a tower and a gun, that's the Hermie way.

L.A. Chieffan
10-08-2007, 11:04 AM
It's just not Hermball.
Throwing long passes would

A)Show signs of desperation. (We don't want to let the other team see us sweat. Everything has to look like we did it for a reason. Strategy.)

B)Higher percentage of turnovers with a pass than a draw play from 3 and 15.(It's like Vince said, Only 3 things can happen when you pass and 2 of them are bad!)

Rock on Hermball! 1st downs are for chumps!

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Hermball is based on turnovers and we didn't get any, simple as that.

The defense was soft against the run, period.

StcChief
10-08-2007, 12:17 PM
You have to be kidding! You are trying to compare Huard to Farve?

If you don't see the difference in arm strength and other abilities you have your head planted up your backside.

as Madden called Favre an "old Tony Romo". Romo couldn't carry his jock

talastan
10-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Well if it is the QB we'll find out soon enough when Croyle takes the field. I hope the first play of the game he flips off Carson Palmer as he throws a deep ball to D-Bowe for a touchdown!!!

PastorMikH
10-08-2007, 12:55 PM
We throw short of the first down marker the majority of the time when we throw. I think it has a lot to do with by the time Damon drops back to pass, it's too far away for him to throw past it.

Short Leash Hootie
10-08-2007, 01:53 PM
We throw short of the first down marker the majority of the time when we throw. I think it has a lot to do with by the time Damon drops back to pass, it's too far away for him to throw past it.
Rumor has it he can only throw the ball 11 yards.

Inspector
10-08-2007, 02:25 PM
.............but for the love of god, please throw to the first down marker......... they teach you this in high school.

This may be the problem. Huard graduated high school.

Short Leash Hootie
10-08-2007, 02:27 PM
what are we going to do when, on Sunday we have a few 3rd and Longs and Croyle throws 5 yards short of the first down marker?!?!?

Are we going to be like, "oh maybe his high school didn't teach stuff like that???"

I JUST WANT TO PREPARE MYSELF

Third Eye
10-08-2007, 02:52 PM
what are we going to do when, on Sunday we have a few 3rd and Longs and Croyle throws 5 yards short of the first down marker?!?!?

Are we going to be like, "oh maybe his high school didn't teach stuff like that???"

No, then we'll know that it is coaching philosophy and we are screwed.

Rain Man
10-08-2007, 06:28 PM
as Madden called Favre an "old Tony Romo". Romo couldn't carry his jock

I heard that. I'll bet 95 percent of TV viewers looked quizzically and disbelievingly at the TV when he said that, and the other 5 percent were in the bathroom.

a1na2
10-08-2007, 06:33 PM

It will be further proof that the Hermit doesn't know how to call a game.

Short Leash Hootie
10-08-2007, 06:34 PM
It will be further proof that the Hermit doesn't know how to call a game.
but we can still blame Huard, right?!

CoMoChief
10-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah off of piss poor coverage from the Chargers Dback.

Mathis would have had a pick 6 on that play in SD.

Short Leash Hootie
10-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah off of piss poor coverage from the Chargers Dback.

Mathis would have had a pick 6 on that play in SD.
UNLESS BRODIE THREW IT...THEN THEY WOULD'VE AWARDED US 12 POINTS BECAUSE OF THE PERFECTION OF BACKFOOT PANIC HEAVES' SPIRAL!

Third Eye
10-08-2007, 06:42 PM
You understand that the point of this thread wasn't "let's bash Huard" right? It was intended to bash bad football decisions. Whose fault is it? I don't know yet. Again, I HOPE it is Huard, because then we can fix it. Why do you have to be so damned defensive about every perceived slight?

a1na2
10-08-2007, 06:43 PM

Absolutely, Huard is a substandard QB. What is his passer rating this year? (I don't think they grade in the negative numbers.)

a1na2
10-08-2007, 06:44 PM
You understand that the point of this thread wasn't "let's bash Huard" right? It was intended to bash bad football decisions. Whose fault is it? I don't know yet. Again, I HOPE it is Huard, because then we can fix it. Why do you have to be so damned defensive about every perceived slight?

He is that way because he is in deep, deep love with Huard and wants to carry his babies.