PDA

View Full Version : After reading what Woody Paige wrote I don't feel as bad about our loss yesterday...

CHIEF4EVER
10-08-2007, 10:24 AM
...because we don't suck nearly as bad as the Donx. LMAO

Woody: "Most pathetic display in 40 years" <HR style="COLOR: #ff0000" SIZE=1>Sunday, Oct. 7, 2007, will live in Broncos' infamy as The Fiasco at Invesco.

There was gloom.

There is doom.

An ominous black cloud hung over the stadium Sunday afternoon.

A portentous dark shroud hangs over the Broncos.

The Broncos are beyond wretched.

That was the most pathetic, pitiable display of effort, skill and emotion by a Broncos team in more than 40 years.

The 75,617 "fans" gave the Broncos a new Mile High Salute.

They got up and left en masse, as they might during the worst, screeching piano recital in modern history. The "Broncos" were the no-shows; the "fans" were the no-stays. Well before the end, maybe 617 remained.

Sunday is a bye. Yesterday was bye-bye.

"I did a very poor job of getting this football team ready," Mike Shanahan understated. "I don't know if I've ever been more embarrassed. I don't think our players have ever been more embarrassed to put on that type of show."

The Broncos played air football. Nothing but air and airheads.

In 1963 the Broncos lost a game 59-7. They finished 2-11-1. This group of coaches and players has that potential.

"We're a much better football team than we were today," Shanahan overstated.

The 109 million dollar (salary cap) question is: What's wrong with the Broncos?

Answer: They're a bad "team" with many bad "players" and some "bad" coaches. And anybody who believed they would be a much better team than they were Sunday was grossly mistaken. This ancient fool pleads guilty.

Shanahan does have to accept the blame for yesterdays and tomorrows, and the coach-for-life must be held accountable. The city and the region grow weary of false promises and repeated failures.

No mastermind or brilliant brain would have put such inept, ill-prepared offenders, defenders and nonspecial-team guttersnipes on the field.

Kickoff returners, no matter who, fumble the football.

Receivers fumble the football.

Travis Henry fumbles his life and can't run or hide.

Jim Bates, the so-clever defensive coordinator, has installed a system that doesn't work with players who don't work. Jabba The Adams can't do it, and the Broncos know it. Simeon Rice and Ian Gold are not getting it done, and the Broncos don't know why. D.J. Williams is not succeeding in the middle, and everybody knows it. Nate Webster waved at LaDainian Tomlinson on one lengthy run, and everyone saw it. The linebackers can't or won't fill the gaps and the passing lanes, and the Broncos realize it and can't correct it. The defense is in denial and incompetent. The offense is impotent, and the play-calling is ludicrous and laughable.

"Can't anybody here return the football on punts and kickoffs and play this game?" Casey Stengel would have said.

"We've got to go back to basics and fundamentals," said safety John Lynch, the only player on the defense who is responsible and taking responsibility. (Champ Bailey walked away saying, "No ... no ... no."

"I've only felt this kind of humiliation once before," said Lynch, who jerked off his helmet at one point and had a look that would harm. "I was disgusted by a touchdown."

The Broncos had all the wrong people in all the wrong places. Out of chaos has come disorder.

Jay Cutler again was ho-hum - 232 yards and one interception (nine consecutive games with a pick), one fumble he recovered and another fourth-down flop. When are you coming home, Daniel Graham? Brandon Marshall ripped the fans for leaving prematurely ... er ... maturely, but didn't rip himself for fumbling away the ball or rip his teammates for smushball.

Fourteen points in 11 seconds, more red-zone follies, no stopping the run, no stopping the pass, no stopping the fall in the autumn.

San Diego was a team in disarray. The Broncos turned them into a team with a ray of optimism.

But the Broncos, as Lynch said quietly, "came into the year with great expectations to be a championship team. We have to do something to get that back."

Shanahan said he didn't see any quit in the Broncos Sunday. He must not have been looking. The season-ticket holders were. They saw quit, and they quit on the Broncos.

The Broncos deserved the walkout protest. They've lost three in a row, two at home. They don't improve themselves on defense, and they don't prove themselves on offense. They have dropped into a tie in the AFC West with Kansas City and San Diego at 2-3 and are a half game behind, yes, the Oakland Raiders (2-2 with a bye). And they were "Ishtar" awful yesterday.

The Broncos are gloom and doomed.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7113571 (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7113571)

Chief Chief
10-08-2007, 10:58 AM
LMAO at an alcoholic airheaded a$$hole writing about other airheads.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Much like Marty had worn out his welcome in KC, its probably time for Shanahan to move on as well.

KC Tattoo
10-08-2007, 11:26 AM
News Flash...
Broncos SUCK...
:D

ceebz
10-08-2007, 11:30 AM
So many people laughed at me when I picked the donkeys to go 5-11.

Vindication feels great.

RickObie
10-08-2007, 11:38 AM
They are 2 kicks away from being 0-5!

Bearcat
10-08-2007, 11:41 AM
The Broncos deserved the walkout protest. They've lost three in a row, two at home.

Good for them... I don't like when the media, like Tom Jackson talking about Broncos fans last night, say crap like "and the real disappointment was all the empty seats". I'd walk out of a bad movie that I paid $8 to see.... teams should give refunds for performances like that, much less expect people to stay until the end.

siberian khatru
10-08-2007, 11:43 AM
"I've only felt this kind of humiliation once before," said Lynch, who jerked off his helmet at one point

Was he in the back seat of Luv's car?

Stinger
10-08-2007, 11:45 AM
The end result was a low point of what has become a troubling trend for the Broncos - a startling lack of success at home. Playing at altitude used to be a badge of honor.

No longer. The Broncos are 2-6 in their last eight home games dating to Oct 29.

The only wins since that time came with the help of a botched extra-point snap in the final minute against the Cincinnati Bengals last season that likely would have sent the game into overtime, and last month against Oakland, when a timeout wiped out a potential winning field goal by the Raiders and was followed with a missed kick. The Broncos prevailed in overtime.

Read this earlier here

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/article/0,2777,DRMN_23918_5717247,00.html

boogblaster
10-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Donks suck ... Donk fans swallow ......

Frankie
10-08-2007, 12:40 PM
It's amazing how the Donks miss Tagliabu.

RINGLEADER
10-08-2007, 01:14 PM
I've been saying it since the first game of the year: The Broncos are WAY overrated and not a very good team. They're thisclose to being a 0-5 team. They have no defense and while their offense has run up some yards they just don't score many points. Cutler is OK as a young QB but he's 4-6 and outside of the first two games (that they should have lost if their opponents weren't complete tards) hasn't really show the ability to take a game over.

I actually think Denver is the worst team in the AFC West. Which after the Chiefs game yesterday is saying something.

Skip Towne
10-08-2007, 01:33 PM
I wish Taco would come over and explain this to us.

Stinger
10-08-2007, 01:36 PM

LMAO LMAO

Yeah I miss Mr. Prognostication

siberian khatru
10-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Cutler is OK as a young QB but he's 4-6 and outside of the first two games (that they should have lost if their opponents weren't complete tards) hasn't really show the ability to take a game over.

I think he's really missed Javon Walker.

Count Alex's Wins
10-08-2007, 02:15 PM
The Broncos are really going to suck. They have a ton of road games coming up and have already lost two home games.

HypnotizedMonkey
10-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Was he in the back seat of Luv's car?

HAHA!!

Adept Havelock
10-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks Chief4ever. That helps ease the pain a bit.

KC Dan
10-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Taco doesn't talk football here anymore...You can find him in the DC area. I don't remember when he last posted here but I guess I could search but then again - who cares....

InChiefsHell
10-08-2007, 03:29 PM
They look so bad, it's almost not worth gloating about it...wait a minute...YES IT IS!!

Fuggin' Donx...couldn't happen to a shittier franchise...

...sucks having these kind of bragging rights, but in a dismal season, I'll take what I can get...

Frankie
10-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Taco doesn't talk football here anymore...You can find him in the DC area. I don't remember when he last posted here but I guess I could search but then again - who cares....
I think he posts football stuff on chiefscoalition.com as "broncostud."

Count Alex's Wins
10-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Now the Broncos have lost their center, Tom Nalen, for the year. They are gonna SUCK HARD!

Bowser
10-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Now the Broncos have lost their center, Tom Nalen, for the year. They are gonna SUCK HARD!

Did Olshansky cut block him? He should have.

Ari Chi3fs
10-08-2007, 05:01 PM
the only thing that I wish, is that the Donko's suckage would have occurred in a year that the Chiefs were awesome so that we could gloat.

TEX
10-08-2007, 05:35 PM
It's amazing how the Donks miss Tagliabu.

:clap:

Rain Man
10-08-2007, 06:35 PM
I sure hope we beat them.

ClevelandBronco
10-08-2007, 07:11 PM
I sure hope we beat them.

Show up. That should do it.