PDA

View Full Version : Soren on 810

RockChalk
10-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Soren just ripped LJ on his opening monologue.

Apparently LJ left the field early yesterday, went to the locker room and threw his helmet accross the room. Then he threw his shoulder pads.

Did anyone else hear about this? If LJ really left the field and his teammates early, then something should be done. There's no excuse for that.

petegz28
10-08-2007, 10:30 AM
I didn't hear he left the field early. I would rather him do that in the locker room then go on tv crying. It's an emotional game and if he was not mad I would be worried. People need to get off his ass. It's not his fault he can't run over 3 300+ lb guys in the backfield.

hawkchief
10-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Carl and the Chiefs are getting their just desserts by signing LJ. He was a known cancer, yet they opened up CLark's wallet and paid him. Most knew the better move for the team would have been to trade him for picks or O-line help.

Carl needed to keep one of his few "successful" draft picks for his own ego, and, as usual, it's going to cost the franchise dearly. Fug you, Carl.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Im glad he pissed off, he should be, at least he cares.

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 10:35 AM
I am not surprised by this. When Randy Moss did it, the media made a big deal about it. This is the first I have heard of it.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-08-2007, 10:37 AM
I don't blame him. According To Whitlock him & Huard throwing a hissy fit is what got the offense to change.

I hate quoting Whitlock, I think he called LJ out for the same thing this week :rolleyes:

Chiefnj2
10-08-2007, 10:39 AM
When a player smiles after an INT or dropped pass he's an idiot. When a player shows frustration and anger he's a cancer. What's the preferred fan reaction these days?

hawkchief
I didn't hear he left the field early. I would rather him do that in the locker room then go on tv crying. It's an emotional game and if he was not mad I would be worried. People need to get off his ass. It's not his fault he can't run over 3 300+ lb guys in the backfield.

Correct. He can't run over 300 lb guys in the backfield, which is Exhibit A as to why he should have been traded in the offseason. The combination of his childlike, pathetic, cancerous attitude, along with the fact our O-line is awful, made it obvious that he won't have a good year until we can somehow rebuild our once-Pro-Bowl-stocked O-line. That's going to take some time, and for us to spend so much $$$ on LJ was just plain stupid.

RockChalk

you are kidding yourself if you think he's "pissed off" about the team losing. he's mad because he's not putting up big numbers. he pouted in the locker room last week after one of the biggest road game wins we've pulled off in years. LJ is about himself, not the team. you don't show your frustration or that you are pissed off by leaving your teammates before the end of a game. and you definately don't throw a crybaby temper tantrum like throwing your helmet accross the locker room. that's childish BS

chagrin
Carl and the Chiefs are getting their just desserts by signing LJ. He was a known cancer, yet they opened up CLark's wallet and paid him. Most knew the better move for the team would have been to trade him for picks or O-line help.

Are you serious? A known cancer? Have you considered that the offensive theory sucks ass and LJ has no help?

I think you should say they get the just sesserts by hiring Herm Edwards, not signing LJ

Micjones
10-08-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm glad that Johnson's upset, but behavior detrimental to the team is inexcusable. This team needs guidance and leadership right now. They need poise. Not misguided anger.

Johnson needs to learn how to lead this team and channel that anger.

CosmicPal
10-08-2007, 10:44 AM
We should've traded his rich, lazy, fuggen ass.

ChiTown
10-08-2007, 10:44 AM

:clap:

'Zactly. His pouting is doing nothing more than driving a dividing line between him and his teammates.

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 10:46 AM
you are kidding yourself if you think he's "pissed off" about the team losing. he's mad because he's not putting up big numbers. he pouted in the locker room last week after one of the biggest road game wins we've pulled off in years. LJ is about himself, not the team. you don't show your frustration or that you are pissed off by leaving your teammates before the end of a game. and you definately don't throw a crybaby temper tantrum like throwing your helmet accross the locker room. that's childish BS

Hammer meet nail. He has been that way since day one. I wonder why the O-Line doesn't totally "sell out" to block for this rich spoiled brat?

RockChalk
10-08-2007, 10:48 AM

'Zactly. His pouting is doing nothing more than driving a dividing line between him and his teammates.

if Carl or Herm have any control over this team, then they should suspend his a$$ for one game. i dont' care who you are, you never ever act like that. and the Chiefs need to send a message that they will not tolerate that behavior.

i personally can't wait to hear how good ole Herm spins this in tomorrow's presser

petegz28
10-08-2007, 10:49 AM
LJ's problem is evidence that Carl and Herm have no control over this team.

penguinz
10-08-2007, 10:50 AM
This thread is hilarious.

Iowanian
10-08-2007, 10:51 AM
I guess LJ lost his burst....somewhere between the rap busting on the Chiefs and used the rest sprinting onto the field for the HBO cameras.

hawkchief
10-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Are you serious? A known cancer? Have you considered that the offensive theory sucks ass and LJ has no help?

I think you should say they get the just sesserts by hiring Herm Edwards, not signing LJ

Yes, he's a know locker-room cancer and a whining bitch if things aren't going his way. I don't like Herm either, but he can't make a chicken salad running game out of the chicken shit O-line he now has, courtesy of Carl.

Carl, by signing LJ simply made yet another stupid business decision and it's only taken a few games for it to be plain for all to see. He had an opportunity to trade LJ this off-season and likely get some building blocks to rebuild the team around, and he didn't do it. He doesn't make decisions for the long term.

Many of us predicted LJ's slide to mediocrity behind the O-line we now have - it's not rocket science. Spending big $$$ for LJ when your O-line is so full of holes is simply asisine, and typifies the Chiefs under Peterson.

petegz28
10-08-2007, 10:53 AM
LJ does need to take a better tone. But if he was acting like this was no big deal I would be more pissed. It's good to show emotion. Now just grow up some and show it properly.

DaKCMan AP
10-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Correct. He can't run over 300 lb guys in the backfield, which is Exhibit A as to why he should have been traded in the offseason. The combination of his childlike, pathetic, cancerous attitude, along with the fact our O-line is awful, made it obvious that he won't have a good year until we can somehow rebuild our once-Pro-Bowl-stocked O-line. That's going to take some time, and for us to spend so much $$$ on LJ was just plain stupid.

This post is Exhibit A as to why you're a cancer and should be traded to the Mange.

hawkchief
10-08-2007, 10:57 AM
LJ does need to take a better tone. But if he was acting like this was no big deal I would be more pissed. It's good to show emotion. Now just grow up some and show it properly.

This is not new. LJ is a decent team mate if the team is winning AND he is the star. He was a cancer while behind Priest when the team was winning, and he has been this entire season, even after Chiefs wins - that defines being a cancer on a team.

boogblaster
10-08-2007, 10:58 AM
LJ doesn't seem to have the pop...but being mad is a good thing..maybe he'll start running hard again ....

Pushead2
10-08-2007, 10:58 AM
I miss having superstars that show up week in and week out.

petegz28
10-08-2007, 10:59 AM
This is not new. LJ is a decent team mate if the team is winning AND he is the star. He was a cancer while behind Priest when the team was winning, and he has been this entire season, even after Chiefs wins - that defines being a cancer on a team.

Ok tell me right now would you be mad if you are Tom Brady and Moss is on your team?

LJ is far less of a problem than Moss or T.O. have ever been. Granted he should be acting more like L.T. he is not.

That doesn't mean he can't play. The fact is if we could get him some small holes like we did in SD he will make the most of the yards as he did.

It's been 5 games and we haven't even snifed the end zone with our rushing game. Of course he is pissed off. I would be too.

Molitoth
10-08-2007, 11:00 AM
And if our running game stank it up after trading LJ, everyone would be on Carls ass for trading him away.

The running game is to blame on Solari, Huard, O-Line, and LJ.

It will be fixed eventually and everyone will be happy.

kregger
10-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Kind of like when he had the press conference after his signing and professed his newfound leadership? Now he doesn't even hang around for his teammates after a brutal team showing. LJ needs a heavy dose of fines and/or suspension for a game. Come on Carl, do it for the team and the fans.

hawkchief
10-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Ok tell me right now would you be mad if you are Tom Brady and Moss is on your team?

LJ is far less of a problem than Moss or T.O. have ever been. Granted he should be acting more like L.T. he is not.

That doesn't mean he can't play. The fact is if we could get him some small holes like we did in SD he will make the most of the yards as he did.

It's been 5 games and we haven't even snifed the end zone with our rushing game. Of course he is pissed off. I would be too.

If I'm a Patriot fan, I'd be pissed the team stooped to pick up a loser like Moss. Yes, he's worse than LJ, and I wouldn't want him on my team.

I haven't said he can't play, he clearly can, just not behind a poor O-line. What I have said, is that there was no reason for Peterson to spend huge dollars and saddle a youthful team, sporting a well below-average O-line, with a known cancer like LJ. He's a fair-weather player, and it aint gonna be sunny for the Chiefs for a few years. For Carl to refuse to see the obvious, and not trade LJ at his top value, only to keep him around to bitch and moan (even when his team wins) is predictable and unfortunate.

petegz28
10-08-2007, 11:12 AM
If I'm a Patriot fan, I'd be pissed the team stooped to pick up a loser like Moss. Yes, he's worse than LJ, and I wouldn't want him on my team.

I haven't said he can't play, he clearly can, just not behind a poor O-line. What I have said, is that there was no reason for Peterson to spend huge dollars and saddle a youthful team, sporting a well below-average O-line, with a known cancer like LJ. He's a fair-weather player, and it aint gonna be sunny for the Chiefs for a few years. For Carl to refuse to see the obvious, and not trade LJ at his top value, only to keep him around to bitch and moan (even when his team wins) is predictable and unfortunate.

And if he had an average O line he is better than just about any back out there. We are in the business of winning first being good guys second.

I like the character guys too but they aren't always the best players.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-08-2007, 11:18 AM
I don't blame him.

hawkchief
10-08-2007, 11:20 AM
And if he had an average O line he is better than just about any back out there. We are in the business of winning first being good guys second.

I like the character guys too but they aren't always the best players.

We have a lot of rebuilding to do - i.e. 4 O-line players, 2 CB's, QBb and elsewhere. Quality RB's are widely regarded as one of the easier to find. I just didn't see any reason to spend the huge dollars on a low-character guy like Johnson when he could have likely been traded to fill a few of our obvious holes. It makes little or no sense to mortgage the franchise and keep a guy like him around when there's no one to block for him - especially when he's such a pathetic excuse for a teammate.

brent102fire
10-08-2007, 11:21 AM
I don't blame him. LJ is very passionate about football and playing the game. I would be frustrated too and probably would have thrown my helmet as well. We all get frustrated in life, even at work. I know I've thrown things too. LJ is no different than anyone else. :hmmm:

Groves
10-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Like good Catholics, this offense keeps spouting the virtues of the "rhythm method", but like bad Catholics, they're quietly heading for an "abortion" of a season.

Fruit Ninja
10-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Not saying to leave early, but everyone on offense outside of DBowe and Tony G should throw their helmets and sulk, because they played like complete shit.

DFB
10-08-2007, 11:48 AM
I miss having superstars that show up week in and week out.

Priest Holmes? :hmmm:

Simplex3
10-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Carl needed to keep one of his few "successful" draft picks for his own ego, and, as usual, it's going to cost the franchise dearly. Fug you, Carl.
QFT

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-08-2007, 11:54 AM
This thread cracks me up. Everyone here rags on the 810 staff day in and day out - but latch on to this as if it is gospel. Has this been reported anywhere else?

Simplex3
10-08-2007, 11:58 AM
This thread cracks me up. Everyone here rags on the 810 staff day in and day out - but latch on to this as if it is gospel. Has this been reported anywhere else?
LJ blowing up? It's been all over.

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Not saying to leave early, but everyone on offense outside of DBowe and Tony G should throw their helmets and sulk, because they played like complete shit.

How about the defense, only about 4 showed up on that side of the ball as well.

FalseStart
10-08-2007, 12:17 PM
he blew up last week too

RockChalk
10-08-2007, 12:23 PM
How about the defense, only about 4 showed up on that side of the ball as well.

which 4? cause I sure know that Law and Surtain did not.

JuicesFlowing
10-08-2007, 12:24 PM
And when LJ runs off 130 yards and 2 TDs, will this community still crucify him?

FalseStart
10-08-2007, 12:24 PM
which 4? cause I sure know that Law and Surtain did not.

hali and allen

RockChalk
10-08-2007, 12:30 PM
And when LJ runs off 130 yards and 2 TDs, will this community still crucify him?

when does this happen?

also, who's crucifying him? i just think he should be suspended for 1 game in order for Herm to show that he still has some control of this team. i don't care who you are or what you do for the team, you don't act like that...EVER...PERIOD

GoHuge
10-08-2007, 12:32 PM
This thread cracks me up. Everyone here rags on the 810 staff day in and day out - but latch on to this as if it is gospel. Has this been reported anywhere else?610 is where it's at baby. Those guys are money :drool:

I doubt that it is a lie. Petro is the last guy in the KC media that I'd accuse of making a story up, but maybe there wasn't enough to talk about today?? I'm waiting for Jack Harry tonight to get the real scoop on the weekend :rolleyes:

morphius
10-08-2007, 12:45 PM
We should bench LJ for Bennett, 'cause that guy has been tearing it up! [/sarcasm]

sedated
10-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Has this been reported anywhere else?
not sure about the locker room stuff, but he threw his helmet one or two times during the game.

one was right after a play, I thought he was going to get a penalty.

Inspector
10-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Maybe LJ was just mad at his helmet.

GoHuge
10-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Maybe LJ was just mad at his helmet.Stupid helmet!

GarySpFc
10-08-2007, 01:08 PM

Yes, try Tim Grunhard on 610 this morning.

ct
10-08-2007, 01:13 PM
So did he leave because they took him out of the game to play Kolby, or did he leave and then they HAD to play Kolby?

Yes, serious question, hardly got to see any of the game.

DJ_is_the_realdeal
10-08-2007, 01:46 PM
LJ wants to win. So what you are saying is he is acting like a baby because he wants to win and he is getting his butt whipped behind a pathetic o-line. Im a huge LJ fan and love his attitude. Thats what is been wrong with the chief's organization for a long time. They don't want a great player with an attitude. They rather have a Trent Green who is just average. But he is a nice guy. Give LJ a break. Don't act like he is not running behind a crappy line. He is frustrated as heck. I would be more worried if he wasn't upset.

Douche Baggins
10-08-2007, 01:47 PM
So did he leave because they took him out of the game to play Kolby, or did he leave and then they HAD to play Kolby?

Yes, serious question, hardly got to see any of the game.

LJ left when Brodie threw the touchdown.

Adept Havelock
10-08-2007, 02:03 PM

If that's the case, this is much ado about nothing, IMO.

Time had expired, the game was over except for the PAT.

If that's the case.

Hog Farmer
10-08-2007, 02:04 PM

And that was the last play of the game.

#1) LJ SHOULD be throwing his helment.
#2) He knows the offensive play calling is being done by a stooge.
#3) LJ does need to give more effort. He's falling down like a little girl from one armed tackles.
#4) LJ should be throwing his helment.

InChiefsHell
10-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Like good Catholics, this offense keeps spouting the virtues of the "rhythm method", but like bad Catholics, they're quietly heading for an "abortion" of a season.

:spock: Yer a dumbass.

tk13
10-08-2007, 02:13 PM
I don't really have a problem with LJ being upset yesterday. It's when he gets mad after a win, like last week when he apparently stormed out of the locker room angry, even though we just pulled off a huge road upset.... that stuff makes no sense.

Simplex3
10-08-2007, 02:30 PM
LJ wants to win. So what you are saying is he is acting like a baby because he wants to win and he is getting his butt whipped behind a pathetic o-line. Im a huge LJ fan and love his attitude. Thats what is been wrong with the chief's organization for a long time. They don't want a great player with an attitude. They rather have a Trent Green who is just average. But he is a nice guy. Give LJ a break. Don't act like he is not running behind a crappy line. He is frustrated as heck. I would be more worried if he wasn't upset.
If we had an all-world OL again we wouldn't need a $50M running back. Dude got paid like one of the best in the NFL, it's time to act like it and take his failures on his own shoulders. Is the blocking always there? Hell no. Should he still get more than 12 yards? Damn straight.

ct
10-08-2007, 02:31 PM
So he left the field when the game was over? WTF?

shyguyms
10-08-2007, 02:31 PM

yeah about himself he is a worthless piece of crap