PDA

View Full Version : playing rookies and young guys

tooge
10-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Yeah, the chiefs are still in it in the AFC west, but it is painfully obvious that they aren't going to get very far this year. I think this is gonna be a tough sellout for the chiefs next week against the Bengals after the effort this past sunday. So, what do you do to keep fan interest? I for one will look forward to seeing what Croyle can do. My expectations are not very high, but it is his first start. The O line blows, how about starting Neiswanger at center, maybe Herb Taylor at guard or tackle? just some thoughts. I dont want to see Crioyle get killed, but it cant be a whole lot worse on offense can it? What y'all think?

noa
10-08-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm pretty sure Carl said that he wouldn't be starting Taylor or Neiswanger at any point this season no matter what.

Simplex3
10-08-2007, 12:21 PM
I think you leave the team intact except for Croyle for at least a couple of weeks. You don't want too many variables or you can't evaluate Croyle properly.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2007, 12:22 PM
You cant start a couple of youg linemen and risk getting your young QB killed. You should do everything in your power to help protect him and put him in situations where he will have success.

tooge
10-08-2007, 12:43 PM
i agree with the " protect Croyle" aspect of it, but the O line has been so bad that I am concerned he will get killed anyhow. Maybe once Huard is healthy, then some O line changes? I just think that when you look at the schedule and see Oakland twice, san diego again, detroit, and Tennessee, all hage huge D tackles and I think our O line is designed to pull , not plow ahead. Just frustrated I guess.

sedated
10-08-2007, 12:45 PM
yes, let's adopt the Royals method of developing young talent: rush them all in as soon as possible.

its got a great track record so far.

Skip Towne
10-08-2007, 12:49 PM
yes, let's adopt the Royals method of developing young talent: rush them all in as soon as possible.

its got a great track record so far.
My god leave the Royals out of it. Do you want us to get their disease?

FalseStart
10-08-2007, 12:50 PM
My god leave the Royals out of it. Do you want us to get their disease?

LMAO