PDA

View Full Version : BRODIE CROYLE -- #11 QB IN THE NFL!!!

RINGLEADER
10-08-2007, 01:29 PM
92.8 QB Rating! HOLLA!!!

noa
10-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Print 'em

Thig Lyfe
10-08-2007, 01:33 PM
DA NUMBAHS DON'T LIE!!!

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Print 'em

True dat

StcChief
10-08-2007, 01:35 PM
It's a start.

Skip Towne
10-08-2007, 01:35 PM
True dat
Your inbox is full.

go bowe
10-08-2007, 01:41 PM
i think bowe is going to be a star on our team for a long time...

and i think croyle will become a star sooner rather than later...

he has that unflappable calmness about him that the really great ones have had (montana comes to mind)...

think montana, but with a cannon for an arm...

sedated
10-08-2007, 01:43 PM

:rolleyes:

:shake:

Skip Towne
10-08-2007, 01:45 PM
:rolleyes:

:shake:
Why do you roll your eyes and shake your head?

kaplin42
10-08-2007, 01:47 PM

he has that unflappable calmness about him that the really great ones have had (montana comes to mind)...

If I was Montana, I would find you, kill you, rape you, and eat your flucking costum.

Dumbest comment!!!

Skip Towne
10-08-2007, 01:52 PM
If I was Montana, I would find you, kill you, rape you, and eat your flucking costum.

Dumbest comment!!!
Why?

R&GHomer
10-08-2007, 01:52 PM

Dumbest comment!!!

Why is that the dumbest comment? I've heard several people compare him to Montana. I have no idea what the kid is going to turn into, but I'm damn sure hoping we've finally drafted a QOTF.

GarySpFc
10-08-2007, 01:53 PM

Trent Green said Croyle's calmness under pressure is eerie, and Gonzo agreed.

Actually Croyle's rating for the two home games is 104.5.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7834/splits (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7834/splits)

KCJohnny
10-08-2007, 02:00 PM
What's he got, like 16 passing attempts?

Deberg_1990
10-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Crown his A$$

JBucc
10-08-2007, 02:02 PM
What's he got, like 16 passing attempts?Guess what Montana's QB rating was his first 16 attempts? Give up? It was 23.4.

Croyle>Montana

Thig Lyfe
10-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Guess what Montana's QB rating was his first 16 attempts? Give up? It was 23.4.

Croyle>Montana

Start printing HOF ballots!

BigRedChief
10-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Crown his A$$
I'm disappointed in the Planet. It took 15 posts to for this obligatory comment to appear. :shake:

ferrarispider95
10-08-2007, 02:08 PM
I am excited to see the kid play.

Short Leash Hootie
10-08-2007, 02:13 PM
BackFoot Panic Heave?!

No shit!

kaplin42
10-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Why is that the dumbest comment? I've heard several people compare him to Montana. I have no idea what the kid is going to turn into, but I'm damn sure hoping we've finally drafted a QOTF.

You and Skip serious? Compairring a kid, who has limited expierence and a crappy preason performance to Joe Montanna? Really?

RINGLEADER
10-08-2007, 02:36 PM

Unfortunately, I think Croyle holds onto the ball way too long. Expect a lot of sacks and a lot of fumbles. He just hasn't developed that sense of knowing when to get rid of the ball. It was nice seeing him throw that TD yesterday but if he waits that long to get rid of the ball against more than a 3/4-man rush he's going to get pummelled sooner rahter than later.

Sure-Oz
10-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Unfortunately, I think Croyle holds onto the ball way too long. Expect a lot of sacks and a lot of fumbles. He just hasn't developed that sense of knowing when to get rid of the ball. It was nice seeing him throw that TD yesterday but if he waits that long to get rid of the ball against more than a 3/4-man rush he's going to get pummelled sooner rahter than later.
How are you allowed to develop that if you don't get to play?

Frankie
10-08-2007, 02:38 PM
"Potentially" you mean.

BTW, they were both 3rd rounders. :hmmm:

Frankie
10-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Why do you roll your eyes and shake your head?
YOU try it. It's not that easy.

KCFalcon59
10-08-2007, 02:39 PM
BackFoot Panic Heave?!

No shit!

At least it was accurate.

Frankie
10-08-2007, 02:40 PM

Dumbest comment!!!
Hey n00b. It's go bowe you are dissing. Know your place.

FAX
10-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Now all we need to do is get Sippio in the game. The Bowe/Gonzo/Sippio show will be impossible to defend with Laser Boy at quarterback.

FAX

Frankie
10-08-2007, 02:41 PM
What's he got, like 16 passing attempts?
Montana had 16 passing attempts at one point. :shrug:

Frankie
10-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Guess what Montana's QB rating was his first 16 attempts? Give up? It was 23.4.

Croyle>Montana
Better argument yet.

LOCOChief
10-08-2007, 02:43 PM

I can't imagine the you've seen one of the sixteen or so snaps that I've seen this year, or any of his college games, or pre season games for that matter or you wouldn't say he hangs onto the ball too long. He gets rid of the ball as quick as anyone I've ever seen for not being (Manning to Harrison) comfortable with timing and routes yet.

Short Leash Hootie
10-08-2007, 02:45 PM
I can't imagine the you've seen one of the sixteen or so snaps that I've seen this year, or any of his college games, or pre season games for that matter or you wouldn't say he hangs onto the ball too long. He gets rid of the ball as quick as anyone I've ever seen for not being (Manning to Harrison) comfortable with timing and routes yet.
His biggest knock coming out of college was he held the ball too long and took too many sacks...

:hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

Frankie
10-08-2007, 02:45 PM
i do agree that they were coming too uncomfortably close to him. But he'll learn with experience not to hold on to the ball too long. The encouraging point is that he seems to have the talent and the mentality for long term success.

kaplin42
10-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Hey n00b. It's go bowe you are dissing. Know your place.

Doesn't change the fact that it was a dumb comment. All due respect to the 10K+ posters (non-n00bs), but even great minds make a mistake now and then.

noa
10-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Doesn't change the fact that it was a dumb comment. All due respect to the 10K+ posters (non-n00bs), but even great minds make a mistake now and then.

His style is all tounge-in-cheek.

Skip Towne
10-08-2007, 03:06 PM
You and Skip serious? Compairring a kid, who has limited expierence and a crappy preason performance to Joe Montanna? Really?
Whoa there Sparky. I just asked why they thought he wasn't. I didn't say he was. I don't think anybody could possibly know at this point.

DaKCMan AP
10-08-2007, 03:12 PM
All due respect to the 10K+ posters (non-n00bs), but even great minds make a mistake now and then.

n00b doesn't even know what a non-n00b is :shake:

kaplin42
10-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Whoa there Sparky. I just asked why they thought he wasn't. I didn't say he was. I don't think anybody could possibly know at this point.

Sorry there paps. Sometimes sarcasm and intent are little hard to get over the intrawebs.

I think it would be impossible to compare the two now. Croyle hasn't had enough chances/time to even have a comparible basis. To say that he is Montana-esque is in my mind a gross insult to one of the greatest players of all time.

Hog Farmer
10-08-2007, 03:23 PM
There's no doubt he's the second coming of Joe Montana. He can throw the ball 127 yards in the air. And just think he's gonna have Bowe, Gonzales, Kris Wilson and EK ALL of whom have great hands. And with LJ right behind him without a helment on cause he just threw it across the field..... OH, I give up, we suck, we'll always suck.

Frankie
10-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Sorry there paps. Sometimes sarcasm and intent are little hard to get over the intrawebs.

I think it would be impossible to compare the two now. Croyle hasn't had enough chances/time to even have a comparible basis. To say that he is Montana-esque is in my mind a gross insult to one of the greatest players of all time.
"Montana-esque" does not mean "=Montana." just as I being "Connery-esque" does not mean I'm sean Connery.

;)

kaplin42
10-08-2007, 03:45 PM
"Montana-esque" does not mean "=Montana." just as I being "Connery-esque" does not mean I'm sean Connery.

;)

True, but now this is becomming a knitpicking contest. My op was originaly about this comment.

"he has that unflappable calmness about him that the really great ones have had (montana comes to mind)...

think montana, but with a cannon for an arm..."

The above comment would lead you to believe that some think that Croyle is Montana 2.0 with a new and improved arm. Now other than the fact that Croyle has a cannon for an arm, I have not seen anything that would help me believe that the rest of the comment has any bearing in reality.