PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss the memo about Goat Cheeze?

dtebbe
10-08-2007, 07:18 PM
It it beat up Goat Cheeze week or what? You guys are being unusually brutal this week ROFL

DT

banyon
10-08-2007, 07:20 PM
It it beat up Goat Cheeze week or what? You guys are being unusually brutal this week ROFL

DT

He welched on another bet.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171793

Dunit35
10-08-2007, 07:20 PM
He lost a bet and won't man up on it. Everyone should be a dick to him.

DaFace
10-08-2007, 07:24 PM
I think people are just looking for an excuse, personally.

banyon
10-08-2007, 07:27 PM

Not me. I really didn't have any big beef with him, but this was pure chickens***. Hell, Mecca made a similar bet about the SD game (to no post for the rest of the season, and even though people bash him all the time, he was a man about it.

Skip Towne
10-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Let's all gang up on DaFace.

Phobia
10-08-2007, 07:33 PM

People like me, who takes his back and continues to encourage him near
always? No, I just think people are sick of the immature act and want his online behavior to mirror his "professional" efforts in his writing career.

Adept Havelock
10-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Let's all gang up on DaFace.

Uh, no. His boss has bizzare cosmic powers. I don't wish to risk angering him.

the Talking Can
10-08-2007, 07:35 PM

same thing that happened to mecca...just a bunch of bitter douchebags...

Skip Towne
10-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Uh, no. His boss has bizzare cosmic powers. I don't wish to risk angering him.
Chances are he'd help us.

DaFace
10-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Not me. I really didn't have any big beef with him, but this was pure chickens***. Hell, Mecca made a similar bet about the SD game (to no post for the rest of the season, and even though people bash him all the time, he was a man about it.

I guess I just don't see the point. I think it's stupid, regardless of whether he agreed to it, that Mecca has left for the rest of the season just because of some stupid bet. He's a dissenting opinion and gave this place balance. I, personally, feel that the Planet is a worse place without him.

The same thing goes for GoChiefs. Yeah, he annoys the hell out of some people. But I personally enjoy the highlight videos, pics, etc., and brings a different view to conversations as well. If he left, I can guarantee you that there would be a bunch of people who would wish he was still around.

Is it stupid to make a bet like that? Sure. But I think it's stupider to run off good posters because of one.

And for the record, I know that not everyone would agree that GoChiefs and Mecca are "good posters." But I value their contributions.

bringbackmarty
10-08-2007, 07:41 PM
well go suck them off over at wpi then. Personally I like it without them both. they take shit too far and in the wrong direction.

Skip Towne
10-08-2007, 07:41 PM
I guess I just don't see the point. I think it's stupid, regardless of whether he agreed to it, that Mecca has left for the rest of the season just because of some stupid bet. He's a dissenting opinion and gave this place balance. I, personally, feel that the Planet is a worse place without him.

The same thing goes for GoChiefs. Yeah, he annoys the hell out of some people. But I personally enjoy the highlight videos, pics, etc., and brings a different view to conversations as well. If he left, I can guarantee you that there would be a bunch of people who would wish he was still around.

Is it stupid to make a bet like that? Sure. But I think it's stupider to run off good posters because of one.

And for the record, I know that not everyone would agree that GoChiefs and Mecca are "good posters." But I value their contributions.
Have you checked the vote on the "ban him" thread?

banyon
10-08-2007, 07:42 PM

I agree with what you say about Mecca. I miss his posts.

I mostly agree, but I guess I think maybe learning to have some dignity would probably help GoChiefs more in the long run than the month we'd miss some video highlights (not that there were any I wanted to watch this week :))

the Talking Can
10-08-2007, 07:42 PM
well go suck them off over at wpi then. Personally I like it without them both. they take shit too far and in the wrong direction.

yeah, this place is much more interesting when you post....

DaFace
10-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Have you checked the vote on the "ban him" thread?

Tell ya what. If GoChiefs doesn't leave for the month, I'll never host an internet stream of a game again. Think I'll be banned if I welch?

Skip Towne
10-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Tell ya what. If GoChiefs doesn't leave for the month, I'll never host an internet stream of a game again. Think I'll be banned if I welch?
I have no idea. But there are around 50 who want some sort of ban on him. Hardly folks "looking for an excuse".

Phobia
10-08-2007, 07:50 PM

I value their contributions as well. I wasn't aware of the Mecca thing but if he made a bet to leave for the season, lost, and is honoring it on his own accord then I'm all for letting him off the hook and bringing him back early.

Gochiefs is another story. He continues to write checks his mouth can't cash and he's not been held accountable. He needs that accountability.

Logical
10-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Tell ya what. If GoChiefs doesn't leave for the month, I'll never host an internet stream of a game again. Think I'll be banned if I welch?That is not a bet, you have lost before you started.

Skip Towne
10-08-2007, 07:53 PM
I value their contributions as well. I wasn't aware of the Mecca thing but if he made a bet to leave for the season, lost, and is honoring it on his own accord then I'm all for letting him off the hook and bringing him back early.

Gochiefs is another story. He continues to write checks his mouth can't cash and he's not been held accountable. He needs that accountability.
Phobia is dead on as usual.

DaFace
10-08-2007, 07:54 PM
I have no idea. But there are around 50 who want some sort of ban on him. Hardly folks "looking for an excuse".

My point is that the majority, I'd wager, want to ban him because they don't like him in general. The fact that he welched on a bet is just the excuse to ban him.

If that were not the case, then the exact same situation with a valued member should be met with the same result, and I highly doubt that would be the case.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2007, 07:55 PM

Which is pretty obvious since Beer Me is the first to say that no "bet" was made.

DaFace
10-08-2007, 07:55 PM
That is not a bet, you have lost before you started.

The current GoChiefs issue wasn't a bet either. He just said he'd leave if someone found proof. There was no "I'll bet you..." involved.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2007, 07:56 PM
That is not a bet, you have lost before you started.

But that's the exact same pretense that has everyone asking Goatse to leave. Why is it different?

DaFace
10-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Anyway, I'm done with all this. Chances are, GoChiefs isn't going anywhere, and people will go on hating him as usual. My moral of the story is: don't make online bets. They're dumb.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Anyway, I'm done with all this. Chances are, GoChiefs isn't going anywhere, and people will go on hating him as usual. My moral of the story is: don't make online bets. They're dumb.

Word.

JBucc
Tell ya what. If GoChiefs doesn't leave for the month, I'll never host an internet stream of a game again. Think I'll be banned if I welch?You're on. Except I'm changing the terms. If GoChiefs doesn't leave for the month, you have to leave the planet for one minute. If he does leave I'll do the same. Come on now, be a man.

Phobia
The current GoChiefs issue wasn't a bet either. He just said he'd leave if someone found proof. There was no "I'll bet you..." involved.

It was a wager of sorts, certainly. Perhaps the term "bet" is being thrown about for lack of a more descriptive word.

Skip Towne
He is a multiple offender. Not the same thing as "any other member". Hasn't Rainman taught you anything?

DaFace
10-08-2007, 08:05 PM
You're on. Except I'm changing the terms. If GoChiefs doesn't leave for the month, you have to leave the planet for one minute. If he does leave I'll do the same. Come on now, be a man.

You drive a hard bargain, but you're on!

bringbackmarty
10-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Honestly I think gochiefs is not that interested in football. I think he is more interested in causing controversy on a football message board, and the attention he revieves from it. He consistently shoots his mouth off, and is insulting to many people. Then he tries to make up for it with some pretty cool video work, and sucky writing. Kind of like an alcoholic dad who beats his kids and tries to buy thier love later on.

Logical
10-08-2007, 08:07 PM
But that's the exact same pretense that has everyone asking Goatse to leave. Why is it different?

Because you cannot make a bet when the outcome is predetermined. GoChiefs will never leave so you will never have to pay up, it is a certainty that he will not leave, you risk nothing.

Simplex3
10-08-2007, 08:08 PM
I'll bet I can get you betting by the end of the night.

banyon
10-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Which is pretty obvious since Beer Me is the first to say that no "bet" was made.

I disagree with beer me on that.

I think beer me accepted his bet when he posted the proof.

Douche Baggins
10-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Honestly I think gochiefs is not that interested in football.

ROFL

If you had any idea how ****ing it long it takes to cap a game...

bringbackmarty
10-08-2007, 08:18 PM
yeah, this place is much more interesting when you post....
Sorry bro I mostly lurk, and post very little. I have too much going on, especially these last six months to constantly try and add content only to have some asshole tell me "repost!" I enjoy this place, but by the time I get to my planet portion of the day I am usually exhausted and just in the mood to read about football, and check on a few folks here who I consider friends. The negative shit I post is usually in response to some ugliness from someone else first. I entertain people for a living, I don't need to do it on my time off.

As far as GC is concerned, the dude is an asshole and needs to learn some people skills. I am not willing to change my attitude towards him until I see profound changes in the way he communicates. If I've flamed you for no reason or been disrespectful in some way, I sincerely apologize.

bringbackmarty
10-08-2007, 08:23 PM
ROFL

If you had any idea how ****ing it long it takes to cap a game...
Well I did say your videos were pretty cool, it's the things you say, not to mention the way you say them.

dtebbe
Sorry bro I mostly lurk, and post very little. I have too much going on, especially these last six months to constantly try and add content only to have some asshole tell me "repost!"

Here's how you handle that shit:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4246302#post4246302

I went thru a little trouble to actually capture and post the audio, so yes, I was a little pissed.

DT

DaFace
I'll bet I can get you betting by the end of the night.

And if I win?

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2007, 08:27 PM
I disagree with beer me on that.

I think beer me accepted his bet when he posted the proof.

LMAO So he accepted the bet AFTER the outcome was determined? So for everyone who made some stupid ass comment about what they'd do if the Chiefs finished better than 5-11 this year will be held accountable come January if the Chiefs win 6 or more games? Probably not. This is a witch hunt and EVERYONE knows it. Love him or hate him, he probably contributes more to this board than 90% of his naysayers. Actually, make it 100%. I don't think anyone contributes as much as he does. If only the lurkers had voices. I think the results would surprise a lot of you.

Douche Baggins
10-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Well I did say your videos were pretty cool, it's the things you say, not to mention the way you say them.

For you to say I'm not interested in football is completely hilarious. It's THE reason I'm here.

banyon
10-08-2007, 08:31 PM
LMAO So he accepted the bet AFTER the outcome was determined? So for everyone who made some stupid ass comment about what they'd do if the Chiefs finished better than 5-11 this year will be held accountable come January if the Chiefs win 6 or more games? Probably not. This is a witch hunt and EVERYONE knows it. Love him or hate him, he probably contributes more to this board than 90% of his naysayers. Actually, make it 100%. I don't think anyone contributes as much as he does. If only the lurkers had voices. I think the results would surprise a lot of you.

Yes. This is the basis of American Contract law. Someone makes a promise (the offer), then specifies a method for acceptance (in this case finding the proof and posting it). It is absolutely a bet that would be binding on someone who understood that your word is supposed to mean something. (not to say that you don't)

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Yes. This is the basis of American Contract law. Someone makes a promise (the offer), then specifies a method for acceptance (in this case finding the proof and posting it). It is absolutely a bet that would be binding on someone who understood that your word is supposed to mean something. (not to say that you don't)

Yeah, I misunderstood the situation. I didn't realize he said he'd leave if proof was found until I went into the other thread. You all have a point. I still don't want to see the little meat peeker go. I think he's a valuable member of this community and I enjoy his posts. So, whatever happens, happens.

Wilson
10-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Here's a question I haven't seen asked yet: GoChiefs, why do you feel that you don't need to honor the wager you made with BeerMe?

bringbackmarty
10-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Here's how you handle that shit:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4246302#post4246302

I went thru a little trouble to actually capture and post the audio, so yes, I was a little pissed.

DT
nice! and on my birthday too.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Here's a question I haven't seen asked yet: GoChiefs, why do you feel that you don't need to honor the wager you made with BeerMe?

It wasn't a wager. A wager would imply that GoChiefs would receive something in return if proof could not be found. It was an agreement. It makes GoChiefs a liar, not a thief.

dirk digler
10-08-2007, 08:39 PM

I like gochiefs but I totally agree with this post.

Gochiefs be a man and leave for a week or two and all will be forgiven.

bringbackmarty
10-08-2007, 08:40 PM
For you to say I'm not interested in football is completely hilarious. It's THE reason I'm here.
Not the only reason. You seem to be reacting to what I said so maybe it's hitting close to home?

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2007, 08:41 PM
I like gochiefs but I totally agree with this post.

Gochiefs be a man and leave for a week or two and all will be forgiven.

People do this shit all the time. Why does no one ever ask them to man up? Meh, I'm done with it. Whatever.

dirk digler
10-08-2007, 08:44 PM
People do this shit all the time. Why does no one ever ask them to man up? Meh, I'm done with it. Whatever.

Like who? The last one was Mecca and he honored his word and no longer posts.

Now that little prick Hootie is a different story. I am still waiting on my $350. :)

TN_Chief
10-08-2007, 08:47 PM
I don't understand the controversy/dispute here. GOATSE made a bet/promise. He lost out...now he should live up to his word. If he doesn't want to not be here, then he really shouldn't have said he'd leave.

At the very least it's a lesson not to shoot your mouth off without thinking first.

Wilson
10-08-2007, 08:49 PM
I figured you wouldn't answer. Just don't expect anyone to believe what you write anymore.

Phobia
10-08-2007, 08:49 PM
They do? Like who? If they do it all the time, maybe you could provide a couple examples of it?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2007, 08:53 PM
My point is that the majority, I'd wager, want to ban him because they don't like him in general. The fact that he welched on a bet is just the excuse to ban him.

If that were not the case, then the exact same situation with a valued member should be met with the same result, and I highly doubt that would be the case.

I had a lot of problems with GOATSE in the past. At one point he told me he was going to shove a .45 up my ass and empty the clip, but that's in the past.

I tried to bury the hatchet, and sent him a PM informing him of my desire to do so. He seemed like he was maturing, and he was spamming the board less.

But this Huard shit, and the bet as an extension of it are too much for me.

Don't write checks with your mouth that your ass can't cash. Integrity is all you have as a journalist. Given the way he's approached this bet, and his chosen profession, it makes me respect him about as much as nut butter.

Douche Baggins
10-08-2007, 08:57 PM
But this Huard shit, and the bet as an extension of it are too much for me.

You pussy. Too much for you? Give me a friggin' break.

Douche Baggins
10-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Not the only reason. You seem to be reacting to what I said so maybe it's hitting close to home?

You're wrong.

Douche Baggins
10-08-2007, 08:59 PM
It makes GoChiefs a liar, not a thief.

ROFL

That made me laugh.

It's like saying "No, he only ****ed her. He didn't kill her. That makes him a rapist, not a murderer."

bringbackmarty
10-08-2007, 10:54 PM
that is exactly the kind of thing I am talking about, always taking it too far.

Douche Baggins
10-08-2007, 11:00 PM
that is exactly the kind of thing I am talking about, always taking it too far.

Get over yourself. You have a severed head in your avatar.

Extra Point
10-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Don't believe anything you read on the internet. Especially Warpaint articles.

Valiant
10-08-2007, 11:04 PM

You need to finish the rest of the sentence...

No bet was made but a promise that if Beer Me proved Go Chiefs as lying/wrong Gochiefs would voluntarily leave for a month..

BWillie
10-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Honestly who gives a shit. It's a freaking internet message board, that's it. It's not real life. For people to be making this such a big deal is pathetic. I said I'd cut off my right nut if the Chiefs made the playoffs last year, I guess I should just go get some pruners hu?

But that guy who made the bet he would change his name to Peyton Manning if the Colts won the super bowl was pretty manly. Then again, it was actually real life and not on a pathetic message board

Valiant
10-08-2007, 11:09 PM
It will all catch up to him eventually..

Douche Baggins
10-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Honestly who gives a shit. It's a freaking internet message board, that's it. It's not real life. For people to be making this such a big deal is pathetic. I said I'd cut off my right nut if the Chiefs made the playoffs last year, I guess I should just go get some pruners hu?

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! IF YOU HAD COMPLIED WITH YOUR CASTRATION PROMISE, THE CHIEFS WOULD NOT BE EXPERIENCING THE CRUEL STING OF KARMA RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLT!!!

bringbackmarty
10-08-2007, 11:15 PM
goat no talk, talk too much tonight, go bed

stanleychief
10-08-2007, 11:16 PM

But that guy who made the bet he would change his name to Peyton Manning if the Colts won the super bowl was pretty manly. Then again, it was actually real life and not on a pathetic message board

Hold real still.. you might feel a little pinch.

http://www.felcostore.com/images/products/F2.jpg

Smed1065
10-08-2007, 11:24 PM

With welchers, respect is earned not given. IMO. I am old school but it is what I believe. I think that is why their is a difference of opinion.

Always has been and will continue. Sucking up in films should doe not help the BS side

Online is different but that no one wants bullshitted over and over again.

Same actions provide the same results? Bann him for a while, maybe will learn if it is enforced.

Smed1065
10-08-2007, 11:28 PM
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! IF YOU HAD COMPLIED WITH YOUR CASTRATION PROMISE, THE CHIEFS WOULD NOT BE EXPERIENCING THE CRUEL STING OF KARMA RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLT!!!

Nice ddiversion but facts are facts.

See Ya.