PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen??

God of Thunder
10-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Anyone here going to see Van Halen on the 26th? I am very excited to go see them, and they're playing like 26 songs!!

BTW, I have two additional tickets that are getting ready to go to ACE tickets tomorrow or wednesday. Anyways, they are FLOOR 6, I will let them go for face value if anyone wants them.

Easy 6
10-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Buying my tickets for St. Louie tomorrow.

Everything i've seen & heard says these guys are happy to be together again & ready to make up for lost time.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

BigRedChief
10-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Anyone here going to see Van Halen on the 26th? I am very excited to go see them, and they're playing like 26 songs!!

BTW, I have two additional tickets that are getting ready to go to ACE tickets tomorrow or wednesday. Anyways, they are FLOOR 6, I will let them go for face value if anyone wants them.I'll take them. I've got cash if you are local.

dtebbe
10-08-2007, 10:14 PM
I'll bet the tour gets cancelled before the end. DLR is such a loser. That bunch deserves each other. Sammy Hagar was the best thing that ever happened to that band.

DT

Easy 6
10-09-2007, 05:46 AM
I'll bet the tour gets cancelled before the end. DLR is such a loser. That bunch deserves each other. Sammy Hagar was the best thing that ever happened to that band.

DT

They DO deserve each other, the band that dominated rock for a decade...together again.

Sammy should stay in Cabo & watch over his tequila empire.

Simplex3
10-09-2007, 05:49 AM

DT
Anyone who's seen those putrid videos that leaked out of them performing on stage is NOT dying to see these guys. They sounded aweful. At their age they're going to have to rename "Jump" to "Roll".

http://www.mobilitybuddy.co.uk/images/rascal600t_small.jpg

chagrin
10-09-2007, 05:50 AM
Buying my tickets for St. Louie tomorrow.

Everything i've seen & heard says these guys are happy to be together again & ready to make up for lost time.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Except for that whole "erasing Michael Anthony from the Band's history" thing

Easy 6
10-09-2007, 06:02 AM
Except for that whole "erasing Michael Anthony from the Band's history" thing

Yeah, that sucks...but the reviews i'm reading say that Wolfgang is doing a good job in the role.

As for Simplex' assertion that these guys are too old, if your anywhere near their age Simplex...i bet Dave & Eddie are in twice the shape you are.

patteeu
10-09-2007, 06:24 AM
The rumored set list (http://geniusoflove.blogspot.com/2007/09/van-halen-set-list-for-upcoming-tour.html) sounds like a winner to me:

01. You Really Got Me
02. I'm the One
03. Runnin' With the Devil
04. Romeo Delight
05. Somebody Get Me a Doctor
06. Beautiful Girls
07. Dance the Night Away
08. Atomic Punk
09. Everybody Wants Some
10. So This Is Love?
11. Mean Street
12. Pretty Woman
13. Drum Solo
14. Unchained
15. I'll Wait
16. And the Cradle Will Rock
17. Hot for Teacher
18. Little Dreamer
19. Little Guitars
20. Jamie's Cryin'
21. Ice Cream Man
22. Panama
23. Guitar Solo (incl. "Women in Love" intro, "Cathedral", "Eruption")
24. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
------------------------
25. 1984
26. Jump

I won't be going to the show because I don't like big venue rock concerts anymore (I'd much rather see a show at the Uptown or the Voodoo Lounge) and because I'd be afraid that the band is washed up, but it has potential and I hope those of you who do go have a great time.

Easy 6
10-09-2007, 06:31 AM
The rumored set list (http://geniusoflove.blogspot.com/2007/09/van-halen-set-list-for-upcoming-tour.html) sounds like a winner to me:

01. You Really Got Me
02. I'm the One
04. Romeo Delight
06. Beautiful Girls
07. Dance the Night Away
08. Atomic Punk
09. Everybody Wants Some
10. So This Is Love?
11. Mean Street
12. Pretty Woman
13. Drum Solo
14. Unchained
15. I'll Wait
17. Hot for Teacher
18. Little Dreamer
19. Little Guitars
20. Jamie's Cryin'
21. Ice Cream Man
22. Panama
------------------------
25. 1984
26. Jump

I won't be going to the show because I don't like big venue rock concerts anymore (I'd much rather see a show at the Uptown or the Voodoo Lounge) and because I'd be afraid that the band is washed up, but it has potential and I hope those of you who do go have a great time.

Looks like a winner...except that i dont see "The Full Bug"... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

BigRedChief
10-09-2007, 06:44 AM

01. You Really Got Me
02. I'm the One
04. Romeo Delight
06. Beautiful Girls
07. Dance the Night Away
08. Atomic Punk
09. Everybody Wants Some
10. So This Is Love?
11. Mean Street
12. Pretty Woman
13. Drum Solo
14. Unchained
15. I'll Wait
17. Hot for Teacher
18. Little Dreamer
19. Little Guitars
20. Jamie's Cryin'
21. Ice Cream Man
22. Panama
------------------------
25. 1984
26. Jump

I won't be going to the show because I don't like big venue rock concerts anymore (I'd much rather see a show at the Uptown or the Voodoo Lounge) and because I'd be afraid that the band is washed up, but it has potential and I hope those of you who do go have a great time.Looks good to me. Saw them back in the late 80's at Arrowhead during one of those Monster of Rock shows.

People said that Motley Crue was washed up also. Why bother going. That concert back in 2005 was one of the best I've ever seen.

Here's the first hit off google for reviews of the concert.

At long last, after 22 years of estrangement, original hambone lead singer David Lee Roth is back in the Van Halen fold and it’s about damn time. “We came here to entertain you…I’m the one, the one you love,” Roth sang on the second song of the set, and there was not a person in the room who doubted it.

Of course, it’s easy to be skeptical or even cynical about this much-ballyhooed reunion tour, as well as creeped out by the cash-in aspect — and disappointed that original Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony has been seemingly excised from the band’s history, replaced by guitarist Eddie Van Halen’s teenage son Wolfgang. Nevertheless, there’s just something so right about seeing Roth up there where he belongs again, even without the mane of hair he used to sport. By the end of the very first song (a crushing “You Really Got Me”) Roth was scatting his vocal and Eddie Van Halen was duplicating it syllable for syllable on his guitar.

That goofy sense of fun is exactly the dimension Van Halen lacked during those long, dark Sammy Hagar years. From Eddie’s opening guitar salvo, the band came rampaging out of the gate at a pace that would have been impossible to maintain — and things did flag a bit midway through.

This was the second show of the tour and Wolfgang is still getting his sea legs as Van Halen’s bassist and backup vocalist. So there were some rough spots, especially on the songs requiring a lighter touch (“Dance the Night Away,” “Jamie’s Cryin’”). Still, there were only a handful of clunkers, and virtually the entire soldout crowd stayed on its feet for the entire two-hour show. It was classic in every sense of the term, right down to the extended drum- and guitar-solo interludes.

And here’s one aspect where having Wolfgang rather than Anthony in the band is an advantage: no bass solo. Wolfgang did fine, by the way, although he’s not exactly overflowing with stage presence. You just sort of lost track of him for long stretches, which was fine because he was anything but the focal point

Roth’s saving grace has always been that he’s onto himself, which is even more important now that he’s starting to look like your skeevy older uncle who likes to tell dirty jokes and flirt with girls young enough to be his daughter. He’d be creepy if he weren’t so funny. The great thing about Roth being back in Van Halen is being reminded all over again that he and Eddie Van Halen both make each other funnier. Some of the most amusing jokes of the night were skronky noises on guitar.

patteeu
10-09-2007, 06:58 AM
Looks good to me. Saw them back in the late 80's at Arrowhead during one of those Monster of Rock shows.

I suspect I was at that same Monsters of Rock show. I can't remember all of the acts at the one I went to, but I think it was the Scorpions, Metallica, Kingdom Come and maybe Dokken or someone else.

The review definitely sounds good and it says something I always believed which is that the DLRoth/Eddie combo seemed much more "fun" than the Van Hagar lineup. Have a great time at the show and write a review at ChiefsPlanet after it's over!

BigRedChief
10-09-2007, 07:27 AM
I suspect I was at that same Monsters of Rock show. I can't remember all of the acts at the one I went to, but I think it was the Scorpions, Metallica, Kingdom Come and maybe Dokken or someone else.

The review definitely sounds good and it says something I always believed which is that the DLRoth/Eddie combo seemed much more "fun" than the Van Hagar lineup. Have a great time at the show and write a review at ChiefsPlanet after it's over!
Yep, that was the show. Scorpions, Mettalica and Van Halen. They don't make them like that anymore.

God of Thunder
10-09-2007, 07:40 AM
now that would have been one hell of a show.

I saw Aerosmith/Crue in 06. Aerosmith flat out still rocks and nobody can deny that. Crue was decent, Hard to hear vince and truthfully he's not much of a singer anymore. Mick Mars, I flat out love the guy. Nikki is quite interesting and his 'heroin diaries' project is a real eye opener.

God of Thunder
10-09-2007, 07:42 AM
oh, and the tour has already started. That setlist you posted above IS what they are playing. 26 songs is amazing in my opinion.

Bob Marley's son is the opener, I am actually interested to see what he soudns like.

chagrin
10-09-2007, 07:45 AM
Looks like a winner...except that i dont see "The Full Bug"... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

good call

chagrin
10-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Yeah, that sucks...but the reviews i'm reading say that Wolfgang is doing a good job in the role.

I was referring to erasing his image from all albums, that's a very low move - Eddie and his very average drummer brother are both insane.

Planetman
10-09-2007, 07:54 AM
I was referring to erasing his image from all albums, that's a very low move - Eddie and his very average drummer brother are both insane.
Amen.

patteeu
10-09-2007, 08:33 AM
oh, and the tour has already started. That setlist you posted above IS what they are playing. 26 songs is amazing in my opinion.

Bob Marley's son is the opener, I am actually interested to see what he soudns like.

I used the "rumored" qualifier because the website indicated that the list came from a rehearsal and also because some acts use multiple set lists during their tours. I didn't want to give people false expectations. :)

BigRedChief
10-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Van Halen is/was/will always be Eddie's guitar riffs and David Lee Roth's campy on stage presense. The rest was just fodder.

Easy 6
10-09-2007, 04:19 PM
I was referring to erasing his image from all albums, that's a very low move.

THEY WHAT!?!?!?... :eek:

Man, thats the first i've heard of that...very low indeed.

But i just spent a 'lil over a $100 on a ticket a half hour ago, so i'm not gonna let it ruin my show.

Phobia
10-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Does anybody think Gochiefs will be at the concert?

Bowser
10-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Does anybody think Gochiefs will be at the concert?

We won't know until someone starts a thread. Then tells Simplex bout it.

RoyalsRule
10-28-2007, 02:45 PM
show was fooking awesome!

NUMBER7
10-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Went Friday night...it sounded to me like DLR was out in front of Eddie on his singing. I was not impressed with the sound. The Sprint center it self is unbelievable. Wolfgang is good...I missed MA.

Hydrae
10-28-2007, 02:58 PM
I can not tell you how disappointed I am to hear about Anthony. I have never seen a better bassist.

beach tribe
10-28-2007, 03:06 PM
DLR=ME ME ME Hairplugged vain bitch.

Brock
10-28-2007, 03:41 PM
I can not tell you how disappointed I am to hear about Anthony. I have never seen a better bassist.

That must be a joke.

BigRedChief
10-28-2007, 05:30 PM
BRC's thoughts on VH and Sprint Center:
The seats are way too small. I could barely fit my ass into the seats. I understand trying to fit as many seats in the place but jeeezzz the average John Doe in KC is not 5"2". The Sprint Center rocks(besides the point made above). Go in the "Oak Street" entrance. The main entrance gets too many people in line and takes forever. No waiting at that line. When you leave go out the fire exit/stairs exit and go out the door to the outside thats right there. No battling crowds. They have a frigging Quick Trip inside the Sprint Center. Cupini's was an Italian pasta/panini/bakery about a block away from the Sprint Center. Great food for about $6.00 a plate. Bob Marleys son proved that the DNA gene pool doesn't always flow down to the next generation. They should have just got a local band to play the opener. VH set list was pretty much what was listed in previous posts. One or two songs difference but not much. VH brought with them the biggest HD screen I've ever seen. We were guestimating 30 yards long and 20 yards high. Very cool. David Lee Roth was still good. He didn't try to hit the high notes but he can still bring it. I was really expecting more campy schtick from him. Until the encore with jump and the blow up microphone, the red top hat and the martial art moves with the microphone stand he played it pretty straight. He really didn't do a lot of interaction with the audience. Alex Van Halen's drum solo was straight out of the 80's but he can still bring it. Both Eddie and David Lee Roth were in great shape and moved around a lot. They still had 1980 energy. My wife said the sound quality wasn't good but I thought it was okay. I've seen Motley Crue and Green Day at indoor arenas here in KC in the last few years and they were better than Van Halen was but.......... The price of admission was worth it to see Eddie Van Halen play a guitar live. The man is a mistro. To see Eddie Van Halen play the guitar on a 30 yard long HD screen is to appreciate how hard it is to sound that good.

beach tribe
10-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Friends for the$$$$$$$$$$$$. Then F off.

stevieray
10-28-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm still bummed I missed that show...last time I saw them was on the For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge tour, and I saw them at Summerjam @ Royals Stadium when they first started...I really wished I could've been there at the end...

:(

CHENZ A!
10-28-2007, 05:58 PM
I got a free floor ticket at the last minute. Not the biggest fan, but I though EVH was badass, and DLR was funny, I wish he would've done some more round-house kicks though LMAO

Dartgod
10-28-2007, 07:45 PM
I ended up going on a free ticket. It was a good show, but no way in hell would I have paid the $149 it would have cost for my seat.

Halfcan
10-28-2007, 07:47 PM
I saw them in 84-they were terrible in concert.

BigRedChief
10-28-2007, 10:13 PM
I saw them in 84-they were terrible in concert.
And thats relevant to a 2007 concert review/discussion because?

God of Thunder
10-29-2007, 12:14 AM
TO THOSE WHO WENT TO VAN HALEN FRIDAY NIGHT:

I have a COMPLETE AUDIO BOOTLEG for this show. The sound is very good, especially for a boot. It fits on two CD-Rs. To those who went to the show, please PM me if you'd like a copy and I can arrange a way to either give you the torrent, give you the .wav files, or find a way to make a disc for you.

ChiefsCountry
10-29-2007, 12:16 AM
TO THOSE WHO WENT TO VAN HALEN FRIDAY NIGHT:

I have a COMPLETE AUDIO BOOTLEG for this show. The sound is very good, especially for a boot. It fits on two CD-Rs. To those who went to the show, please PM me if you'd like a copy and I can arrange a way to either give you the torrent, give you the .wav files, or find a way to make a disc for you.

That is kind of illegal isnt it?

God of Thunder
10-29-2007, 12:19 AM
just kind of.

God of Thunder
10-29-2007, 12:22 AM
But I didn't record it, so its not that big of a deal.

BigRedChief
10-29-2007, 07:35 AM
just kind of.
kind of? I love ficitional grey areas.ROFL

Brock
10-29-2007, 07:46 AM
kind of? I love ficitional grey areas.ROFL

:rolleyes:

RoyalsRule
10-29-2007, 07:46 AM
if you are complaining about the seats, get off your fat ass and lose weight. im 6'3 195 and was just fine.

BigRedChief
10-29-2007, 08:42 AM
if you are complaining about the seats, get off your fat ass and lose weight. im 6'3 195 and was just fine.
Holy crap dude, Do I know you? Where did this comment come from?

RoyalsRule
10-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Holy crap dude, Do I know you? Where did this comment come from?

what kind of question is that? somebody was commenting seat size and I responded. you ng ep me for it why? are you a fat ****? must be.

BigRedChief
10-29-2007, 09:48 AM
what kind of question is that? somebody was commenting seat size and I responded. you ng ep me for it why? are you a fat ****? must be.Dude there is pics of me all over the Planet. I've met hundreds, literally hundreds of Planeteers in person. But, I'm not fat, I'm horizontally challenged:harumph: and at least I'm not behaving like an azz.
Quote:
<HR SIZE=1>
Originally Posted by RoyalsRule
if you are complaining about the seats, get off your fat ass and lose weight.
__________________________________________-

God of Thunder
10-29-2007, 01:00 PM
StevieRay, clear your PM's so I can reply back!

Phobia
10-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Holy crap dude, Do I know you? Where did this comment come from?Were you complaining about seat size? If not, it's probably not about you this time.