PDA

View Full Version : why didn't we draft...

Short Leash Hootie
10-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Nick Folk?

JESUS

Valiant
10-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Cause he would suck if he was here.. Learn your CP lore before you goatse spam all over the board..

DFB
10-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Two words: Justin Medlock.

Yes, that's fear that's shaking in your bones.

BillyDaleClanton
10-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Our kicking has sucked since Pete Stoyanovich left.

ChiefsCountry
10-09-2007, 01:38 AM
Medlock was rated higher.

chagrin
10-09-2007, 06:18 AM
I'm curious, did Medlock get out of here with millions?

What were his final stats anyway?

Valiant
10-10-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm curious, did Medlock get out of here with millions?

What were his final stats anyway?

Probably just a gamecheck and preseason checks plut what ever signing bonus he got..

TEX
10-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Cause Htismaqe says Medlock will be a good kicker in this league. ROFL
If we were gonna go kicker - we should have taken Mason Crosby. But NOOOOOOOOOO!

FalseStart
10-10-2007, 05:49 PM
i didnt like wasting a draft pick on a kicker. you can get those in free agency. i like rayner though.

TheMainEvent
10-10-2007, 05:56 PM
why wouldn't you look up the facts before asking such a dumb question?

folk kicked at a horrible % in college, crosby had leg but didn't have great percentage either, medlock had the best stats of them all accuracy wise and it just didn't pan out

its easy to be a critic after the draft, but I'm sure you didn't do all the scouting and watch all his college games. at that point in time when they drafted him the guy clearly was the best kicker in the draft

FalseStart
10-10-2007, 05:58 PM
where is medlock now? seriously? canada?

Dicky McElephant
10-10-2007, 06:05 PM
God...why didn't we draft Tom Brady?

FalseStart
10-10-2007, 06:06 PM

i wish! ROFL

noa
10-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Medlock performed the best at the combine and had a solid senior season. There were concerns about Crosby's technique, and I don't remember Folk being mentioned in the same class as Medlock and Crosby.
Obviously, we learned that combine performance and pre-draft rankings don't mean everything, but who knows, maybe Medlock will turn out to be a decent kicker for someone once he gets his head straight. Kickers are an odd sort.

Medlock wasn't the first kicker to struggle right away, but why put up with that when we could get Rayner who is also young and seems like a good prospect? That was probably the front office's logic.

WhitiE
10-10-2007, 07:09 PM
if we did he would be sitting on the bench because the chiefs are to retarded to play the better QB.

BigVE
10-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Nick Folk?

JESUS

Uh...because NOBODY could predict the future? NOBODY knew who Folk was on draft day. Medlock was the (gulp) intelligent choice on draft day if you were dumb/desperate enough to draft a kicker.

Short Leash Hootie
10-10-2007, 08:55 PM
why wouldn't you look up the facts before asking such a dumb question?

folk kicked at a horrible % in college, crosby had leg but didn't have great percentage either, medlock had the best stats of them all accuracy wise and it just didn't pan out

its easy to be a critic after the draft, but I'm sure you didn't do all the scouting and watch all his college games. at that point in time when they drafted him the guy clearly was the best kicker in the draft
I heard Folk was the MVP for Arizona...his stats couldn't have been THAT bad...?

Short Leash Hootie
10-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Uh...because NOBODY could predict the future? NOBODY knew who Folk was on draft day. Medlock was the (gulp) intelligent choice on draft day if you were dumb/desperate enough to draft a kicker.
I wasn't being serious in this thread...

I was just complimenting Folk after he played that great game on Monday Night Football...

TheMainEvent
10-10-2007, 10:16 PM
I heard Folk was the MVP for Arizona...his stats couldn't have been THAT bad...?

if 65%, 65%, and 75% aren't that bad than... cocaine is a hell of a drug

TheMainEvent
10-10-2007, 10:18 PM
sorry, 62, 64, 75. medlock looked a hell of alot better trust me

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=136723

Anyong Bluth
10-10-2007, 10:28 PM
I don't care what Medlock put up during the combine.

Crosby was by far a better kicker. He played in more adverse weather through college. His percentages went down because he had such a strong leg, that CU would routinely send him out for 50+ kicks on a whim, and a number of his games game up in the CO thin air. His lower percentage of makes vs misses had to due with that he was called on to kick in situations that other kickers wouldn't have been brought in.

I watched Crosby over his career, he was by far the top guy in my mind. When we picked Medlock I was scratching my head, but 1st assumed Crosby was already gone, and then gave the benefit of the doubt b/c I didn't know jack about Medlock.

Don't buy the scapegoat BS about Medlock's numbers, b/c Crosby was sent in to kick where others would have never even been given a 2nd thought to kick a long distance FG.

Chiefs blew this one. Rayner's worked out, and Crosby beat him out- what does that tell ya? Green Bay saw a kicker that has leg to boot it, and can do it in adverse conditions, as opposed to our kicker that said he's never really kicked in cold weather or when it's real windy b/c SoCal never presented those problems.

dj56dt58
10-10-2007, 10:31 PM
10 years from now we'll be wondering why we didn't keep Medlock as he turns into the next Vinateri

DFB
10-10-2007, 10:41 PM
10 years from now we'll be wondering why we didn't keep Medlock as he turns into the next Vinateri

Where is he now? I don't think he's even playing anywhere. Not even on someone's practice squad.

Anyong Bluth
10-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Where is he now? I don't think he's even playing anywhere. Not even on someone's practice squad.

He's not anywhere else. NFL.com still has him listed with the chiefs. If he got picked up they would have updated it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2007, 11:11 PM
He's on facebook. He enjoys it in California.

ChiefsCountry
10-10-2007, 11:12 PM
He's on facebook. He enjoys it in California.

That was Myspace. :)