PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Team Fortress 2

Redcoats58
10-11-2007, 05:59 AM
Any of you guy ever get into TFC? I'm downloading the new one now, it looks like it's gonna kick ass. It only took almost a decade to release the second one, it better be good.

chagrin
10-11-2007, 06:08 AM
never heard of it

Redcoats58
10-11-2007, 06:10 AM
Was originally a Halflife mod that became extremely popular, now they finally released the second one that comes with Halflife 2 and all the expansions.

Fat Elvis
10-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Let me know how it plays. I used to be a Dustbowl and Avanti junkie.....

dirk digler
10-11-2007, 11:40 AM
I bought the Orange box a few weeks ago so I could play TF2. It is ****ing awesome IMHO it is the best multiplayer FPS in a long time

Fishpicker
10-11-2007, 12:12 PM
I spent most of last night playing TF2. it's pretty addicting. the classes have been streamlined, there arent any more nades to spam, all the good maps from TFC made it to TF2.

I'm not even going to get around to playing HL2 episode 2 for some time.

Otter
10-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I still play the original and have been waiting for the game to come out of beta to buy it. I'm the asshole medic that concs to the upper deck from half way across the map, runs downstairs, nail guns the SG, concs the heavy then runs up and infects him then last concs up the elevator shaft.

Well that's the way it's supposed to work anyway. :D

Soldiers and pyros are fun too.

Give a review of what you think and how it compares to the original when you get a chance. Might have to buy it this weekend if I can find a way to purchase without re-paying for 1/2 my games again.

Dartgod
10-11-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm the asshole medic that concs to the upper deck from half way across the map, runs downstairs, nail guns the SG, concs the heavy then runs up and infects him then last concs up the elevator shaft.
Concs? English please?

Otter
10-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Concs? English please?Concs = Concussion Grenades

Medics are the sole class given them in the game. The can be used to stun an enemy or when timed correctly they can be used to launch yourself like you were shot from a cannon gaining access to heights that would normally require an elevator or series of stairs.

I can't open YouTube from work but this video looks like it might give a good demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfm4l-TA2LI

Gamer geek stuff.

SithCeNtZ
10-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Any advice for a TFC newbie? I bought the orange box yesterday and am struggling online. I can't even figure out how to build stuff with the engineer. I really like the game I just can't figure out how to play each guy effectively and I get killed really easily even as the heavy.

Also, what is the supposed counter for the spy? It seems like he is almost unstoppable when you are playing a huge 16 vs 16 game and there is just mass chaos in one room. He simply goes invisible and runs around to the backside of the battle and wipes out half the guys before they can figure out what is going on.

RedDread
10-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Might have to buy it this weekend if I can find a way to purchase without re-paying for 1/2 my games again.

I'm in the same boat man, I just can't justify it after paying for HL 2 gold when it released. I figured that coin would cover future expansions but all it gave me were mods like DoD Source that came out soon after HL2

dirk digler
10-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Concs = Concussion Grenades

Medics are the sole class given them in the game. The can be used to stun an enemy or when timed correctly they can be used to launch yourself like you were shot from a cannon gaining access to heights that would normally require an elevator or series of stairs.

I can't open YouTube from work but this video looks like it might give a good demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfm4l-TA2LI

Gamer geek stuff.

The medics don't have grenades anymore. The only class that does is the Demoman which is great IMO.

dirk digler
10-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Any advice for a TFC newbie? I bought the orange box yesterday and am struggling online. I can't even figure out how to build stuff with the engineer. I really like the game I just can't figure out how to play each guy effectively and I get killed really easily even as the heavy.

Also, what is the supposed counter for the spy? It seems like he is almost unstoppable when you are playing a huge 16 vs 16 game and there is just mass chaos in one room. He simply goes invisible and runs around to the backside of the battle and wipes out half the guys before they can figure out what is going on.

To build stuff scroll or hit 4 and then you choose what you want to build . You should start out with a dispenser or a turret. If will have to keep resupplying so you get extra metal to upgrade the turret. To upgrade the turret hammer it with your wrench.

Otter
10-11-2007, 01:49 PM

I can give you advice based on how the old game worked.

As far as building as an engineer – there should be a way to customize your controls in the options menu. Look for a control that reads something along the lines of “special” or “Class Specific”. Whatever button triggers that should pop up a menu with options to build a sentry gun.

Spies - found the below tidbit from here: TF2 Guide (http://www.custompc.co.uk/features/601396/the-complete-guide-to-team-fortress-2.html)

Spies Worst Enemies: Pyro

Any alert player can watch your movements and look for telltale signs of the secret agent. The Pryo’s test flame, however, can unmask and kill a Spy in considerably less than time than it takes to nip around and stab them in the back. Because their flamethrowers are so deadly, you should keep out of range. Concentrate on easier targets.

Jayhawkerman2001
10-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Any of you guy ever get into TFC? I'm downloading the new one now, it looks like it's gonna kick ass. It only took almost a decade to release the second one, it better be good.

that has been one of my most favorite games of all time. ive been debating getting the newest one, cause it looks prety damn kick ass!!

Jayhawkerman2001
10-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Let me know how it plays. I used to be a Dustbowl and Avanti junkie.....

i was really addicted to hunted.

Fishpicker
10-12-2007, 01:24 AM
The medics don't have grenades anymore. The only class that does is the Demoman which is great IMO.

I think that's an improvement also. some people will complain but really, the TFC was kind of weak because of all the grenade spamming that went on.

Fishpicker
10-12-2007, 01:48 AM

my advice would be: play as a class that is easy to figure out (at first at least) soldier, sniper, or medic would be good. regardless of class, you are not going to fare well without backup. try teaming up with other classes. there are benefits for every class pairing you can think of. HWG/medic are especially formidable.

for a spy: Pyros will ruin disguises and send the enemy spies running. watch how fast your teammates run past you. if you see a heavy weapons guy running past you at a good clip, shoot that guy, he's a spy.
Also... spies are pretty fast so you will be better off using a shotgun instead of a primary weapon that has a delay (demo, soldier, HWG) it's all about range though. so pick a weapon that is apropriate for the range and you should be fine.

I've been playing TFC since it first came out... engineers are one of the toughest classes to play as, if you are used to running and gunning in some other role. they can rack up kills with the sentry guns but that depends on planning instead of playing ability. if you want to improve as an engineer, ask teammates where you should place equipment. (even if the spots they suggest dont work, they can't complain)

Otter
10-12-2007, 08:09 AM
I bought the game last night for $29 dollars. The download took about 1 hour over cable modem but I’m pretty sure there’s a bottleneck on the server side right now with all bandwidth being used for downloads. Once it was installed the only problem I had was during the initial search for servers, only one showed up. I tweaked the filters to include “all areas” and “not empty” and hundreds of full servers came up with a refresh. The server I wound up joining my ping never got above 15.

Unfortunately I was only able to play for an hour and a half but a couple things I picked up on in comparison to the original game:

·Pyros lost their ranged attack so the only way to consistently counter snipers is with other snipers or a soldier, the only other class with ranged weapon. There is a lot more cover on the maps however so it’s not as easy to pick off targets from across the map.
·Medics are a whole new ball game, no conc jumps, double barrel shotty or even frag grenades, they’re nothing but a support class now. They don’t have strong enough weapons to be offensive.
·Scouts, Heavies, Soldiers, Demos, Engineers, Snipers are all pretty much the same but with no grenades.
·One thing I really don’t like is that game has the feel of one of those “new” Saturday morning cartoons that I think are wimpy and use flash and flare to replace content. It reminds me of the five minutes of Pokeman that I’ve seen.

Still need more time to get used to it but that’s my initial thoughts. The graphics are great and can be on high settings without a top end system as well. If I think of anything else I’ll add it later.

6.5 out of 10 (pending further review)

dirk digler
10-12-2007, 08:24 AM
I bought the game last night for $29 dollars. The download took about 1 hour over cable modem but I’m pretty sure there’s a bottleneck on the server side right now with all bandwidth being used for downloads. Once it was installed the only problem I had was during the initial search for servers, only one showed up. I tweaked the filters to include “all areas” and “not empty” and hundreds of full servers came up with a refresh. The server I wound up joining my ping never got above 15.

Unfortunately I was only able to play for an hour and a half but a couple things I picked up on in comparison to the original game:

·Pyros lost their ranged attack so the only way to consistently counter snipers is with other snipers or a soldier, the only other class with ranged weapon. There is a lot more cover on the maps however so it’s not as easy to pick off targets from across the map.
·Medics are a whole new ball game, no conc jumps, double barrel shotty or even frag grenades, they’re nothing but a support class now. They don’t have strong enough weapons to be offensive.
·Scouts, Heavies, Soldiers, Demos, Engineers, Snipers are all pretty much the same but with no grenades.
·One thing I really don’t like is that game has the feel of one of those “new” Saturday morning cartoons that I think are wimpy and use flash and flare to replace content. It reminds me of the five minutes of Pokeman that I’ve seen.

Still need more time to get used to it but that’s my initial thoughts. The graphics are great and can be on high settings without a top end system as well. If I think of anything else I’ll add it later.

I actually love the cartoon look and feel. Some of the things are funny as hell this is actually the first game I start laughing when I play.

As far as the server refresh this is a known bug and hopefully it will be fixed.

My major problem with the game and it seems to be effecting alot of people according to the Steam forums is the game crashes quite a bit.

Anyway I still love the game I would give it 8.5 or a 9.

Otter
10-12-2007, 08:42 AM
I actually love the cartoon look and feel. Some of the things are funny as hell this is actually the first game I start laughing when I play.

As far as the server refresh this is a known bug and hopefully it will be fixed.

My major problem with the game and it seems to be effecting alot of people according to the Steam forums is the game crashes quite a bit.

Anyway I still love the game I would give it 8.5 or a 9.

I've been playing the original one for so long it may be just a matter of adjusting to the the new system letting go of some of the things that I'm so familiar with.

KC Jones
10-12-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm planning to pick up the Orange box soon. I was pleasantly surprised by the recommended specs for TF2, it looks like my aging rig should still be able to handle it:

Me = P4:3GHz, 1 GB DDR 400, GeForce 6600GT

from the Steam site:
Recommended: Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Valiant
10-12-2007, 09:48 AM

Do they send you the game in the mail after you download??? What happens if your computer craps out or your hard drive are you out that 30 bucks and have to do it all over again..

Valiant
10-12-2007, 09:49 AM
I will eventually buy this game, probably around xmas..

meStevo
10-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Do they send you the game in the mail after you download??? What happens if your computer craps out or your hard drive are you out that 30 bucks and have to do it all over again..

Game is authorized through Steam, as a result I believe you can just redownload it. Class balance is fairly amazing, the only chink in it's 'holy cow this is the damn coolest thing I've ever played' armor is the lack of first party maps... there are only a handful. Community is already churning out maps though.

Otter
10-12-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm planning to pick up the Orange box soon. I was pleasantly surprised by the recommended specs for TF2, it looks like my aging rig should still be able to handle it:

Me = P4:3GHz, 1 GB DDR 400, GeForce 6600GT

from the Steam site:
Recommended: Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

You'll be able to run top end graphics on that rig and it's worth it, they're pretty good.

No they don't send you the game. You open up an account with Steam and they keep track of what you games you've purchased. If you ever need to reload you just download the Steam client, enter your user name and password and it will install them automatically.

Pretty novel considering how rampant piracy is with gaming.

I play under the same name I do on here "otter", if anyone see's me (usually setting things on fire) say hi.

Happy fraggin'

Jayhawkerman2001
10-14-2007, 06:18 PM
i got the game a couple days ago and i have to say i ****ing love it!!! it effectively mixes good ol TFC with counterstrike. they kept all the same classes and the basic ideas for all of them. i love it

Fairplay
10-15-2007, 08:06 AM
I still play the original and have been waiting for the game to come out of beta to buy it. I'm the asshole medic that concs to the upper deck from half way across the map, runs downstairs, nail guns the SG, concs the heavy then runs up and infects him then last concs up the elevator shaft.

Well that's the way it's supposed to work anyway. :D

Soldiers and pyros are fun too.

People like you are fun to have on your team. A pain when not.

A couple good soldiers and medics can really wreck havac on the defense.
I always believed a good offense is the best defense in that game.

I like being a medic solly or engy.

Being an engy i would always nade the sniper decks. They would always get pissed.

Fairplay
10-15-2007, 08:13 AM

I would presume the easiest class to play on the new game would be the Heavy Weapons guy.

Fishpicker
10-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Easiest class has to be Soldier or Pyro. You can easily wreak a lot of havoc as either. Just stay in close quarters areas as Pyro, and learn to bunny-hop and strafe quickly past corners always aiming at the ground near the enemy's feet as a Soldier. Kills should come easy.

Ultra Peanut
10-15-2007, 09:18 PM
PLAY PORTAL YOU SORRY SON OF A BITCH

Also, Engineer is awesome.

SithCeNtZ
10-16-2007, 12:36 AM
PLAY PORTAL YOU SORRY SON OF A BITCH

Also, Engineer is awesome.

I already beat Portal and the extra challange levels.

I want to be the heavy but he seems to get killed too easily in battle because he is soooo slow. I like going with the soldier or demo man with a round or two of pyro depending on the situation.

KC Jones
10-16-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm in, tag is GoZar. Damn I'm rusty at FPS, I got pwned today. I need to turn my graphics settings down, my machine is hurting.

Otter
10-18-2007, 03:57 PM
The cartoon look has grown on me but I still think those damn spies are overpowered with invisibility and disguise. Being the only class I don't play makes them hate me even more.

I really miss the old medics.

I'm finding it tough to find a server where people talk and work together and the players are at least a little regular, still none in favorites.

Fishpicker
10-24-2007, 11:04 PM
what are your personal bests for scoring?

mine are

most points - 24 (medic)
most kills - 8 (pyro)
most assists - 12 (medic)
most destructions - 4 (soldier)
Longest life - 12:34 (medic)
most healing - 7974 points (medic)
most damage - 2804 points (pyro)
most invulnerable(s) - 5

Guru
11-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Is anyone else still having serious lag issues with this on the 360?

Fishpicker
11-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Is anyone else still having serious lag issues with this on the 360?

I play on PC and I have serious lag issues. it's the net-coding they put in. I have some serious hardware and this game still hiccups. i cant imagine playing this on 360 without some serious issues.

i usually stick to 28-man games (or less) and I still have problems. 360 players are bound to crash if they go over 8 players total. i tried to play TF2 on my friends console... the host pinged out @ 18 ms... the game played like it was hosted in Australia or something. Xbox live is complete ****!

KC Jones
11-25-2007, 09:56 AM
No lag issues here playing on PC. I do have a pretty fat pipe though... often get ~8M down and 1-2M up.

I'm slowly improving at this game. Here's my stats:

Most points:13 (as Engineer)
Most kills:9 (as Engineer)
Most assists:5 (as Soldier)
Most captures:2 (as Soldier)
Most defenses:3 (as Soldier)
Most damage:2,260 (as Soldier)
Most destruction:4 (as Soldier)
Longest life:10:45 (as Pyro)

I also have 8 kills as a demo, and 7 as a pyro. Lately I look at what the team doesn't have and try to hit that class so I've been doing more medic and engineer.

TrickyNicky
08-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Anyone still playing this on PC? They just announced the Heavyweapons update for next Tuesday. Three new unlockable weapons and 5 new maps.

Ultra Peanut
08-13-2008, 02:51 AM
Greetings! Welcome to another episode of Team Fortress 2 Trivia!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JUPzN7tp7bQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JUPzN7tp7bQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This is old and awesome but mostly awesome, so on the off chance someone hasn't seen it, here it is. Team Roomba is wonderful.

MOhillbilly
08-13-2008, 08:32 AM
brba

Fishpicker
09-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Anyone still playing this on PC? They just announced the Heavyweapons update for next Tuesday. Three new unlockable weapons and 5 new maps.

I started playing this again to unlock the new content. it's been a blast (some achievements are easy, others are very difficult) and the new content makes it a new gaming experience. so far i have.....

for medic; blutsauger syringe gun - health taken from the opponent is transferred to you. & a kritzkrieg medi gun - has an ubercharge that shoots only criticals.

for pyro; flare gun - has low damage but ignites enemies for 10 seconds. very long range, so long as you can aim. & The backburner - it always shoots criticals from the backside. it works well but, it has no compression blast.

for Heavy; the Sandvich- heals on meals, Dagwood style. & the Natacsha- has a slight knockback effect and a slight damage reduction.

so far, I think the flare gun is the best unlockable. it gives the pyro a legitimate long range weapon but, it is just an annoyance unless the opponent is already wounded. if you are accurate with it, you can hit a sniper from across the map. 2 hits will kill a sniper if they take all the burn-time and don't get healed. the replacements for the primary weapons are all underpowered but allow you to play in a different role.

i still need to unlock the melee weapons for the above classes. From what i have seen (other players using those weapons on me) they are the best in the game.

IMO Badawter Basin is one of the best map designs of all time.

Fairplay
09-04-2008, 08:38 AM
If anyone wants to get on and play later this afternoon.

I will be on. I just like to play 2fort though.

Fairplay
09-04-2008, 09:52 AM
The new weapon if you want to call it that for the Heavy, the sandwich makes him much more dangerous. As long as he can get a chance to eat one here and there to keep his health up they don't get killed off.

I like that little pop gun the pyro has. It can annoy the enemy.

TrickyNicky
12-12-2008, 10:34 AM
TF2 Was given a small update yesterday:

Team Fortress 2

* The Engineer's teleporters can now be upgraded to level three. It will recharge faster the higher level it is
* The Engineer's dispensers can now be upgraded to level three. It will give out metal and heal faster as it is upgraded
* Spies will be able to recharge their cloaking ability by picking up ammo off of the ground or from health cabinets
* Some changes to the second part of the first stage of Goldrush to give the attackers more of an advantage
* Any weapons that fire bullets (shotguns, sniper's machine gun, heavy's minigun, etc.) can now break apart the Demoman's stickybombs
* The icon on the HUD for a person calling for Medic will now give more information to the medic (if the target is low on health, on fire, etc.)
* Added an achievement tracker that will allow people to choose specific achievements that they are trying to get
* There is now a custom icon for death messages when the player was killed from a critical hit
* Added a new particle effect for when a player enters the water
* Added smoke to the feet of a rocket jumping soldier
* Players will now have some particles swirling around them so other players can see when they are overhealed

The new Engy equipment is pretty cool. I also like that the demos stickies can be destroyed now. It'll make people who just spam a bottleneck have to actually work for it.

Fairplay
12-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the update.

I wasn't aware of that. I will be getting on later to play this afternoon.

I usually play 5Ecommunity- 2fort 16/16

Fishpicker
12-12-2008, 02:17 PM
TF2 Was given a small update yesterday:

Team Fortress 2

* The Engineer's teleporters can now be upgraded to level three. It will recharge faster the higher level it is
* The Engineer's dispensers can now be upgraded to level three. It will give out metal and heal faster as it is upgraded
* Spies will be able to recharge their cloaking ability by picking up ammo off of the ground or from health cabinets
* Some changes to the second part of the first stage of Goldrush to give the attackers more of an advantage
* Any weapons that fire bullets (shotguns, sniper's machine gun, heavy's minigun, etc.) can now break apart the Demoman's stickybombs
* The icon on the HUD for a person calling for Medic will now give more information to the medic (if the target is low on health, on fire, etc.)
* Added an achievement tracker that will allow people to choose specific achievements that they are trying to get
* There is now a custom icon for death messages when the player was killed from a critical hit
* Added a new particle effect for when a player enters the water
* Added smoke to the feet of a rocket jumping soldier
* Players will now have some particles swirling around them so other players can see when they are overhealed

The new Engy equipment is pretty cool. I also like that the demos stickies can be destroyed now. It'll make people who just spam a bottleneck have to actually work for it.

all of that sounds good except for the spy recharge. the spy class is still broken (the spy shouldn't be able to cloak for 3 whole seconds after an attack. the timer is messed up and spies can cloak immediately after backstabbing.) this update is going to make it so much worse.

QuikSsurfer
12-12-2008, 03:00 PM
PC only?? I have the Orange Box on 360..

Mr Luzcious
12-12-2008, 04:22 PM
I got the orange box fairly recently, I haven't really gotten around to playing this yet though. Maybe I should.

QuikSsurfer
12-12-2008, 05:13 PM
I got the orange box fairly recently, I haven't really gotten around to playing this yet though. Maybe I should.

I love TF2. It's not your typical run and gun FPS; it's really deep.
Love playing as an engineer or medic.

I played it for a bit this afternoon and got sucked back in.

Mr Luzcious
12-12-2008, 05:15 PM
I love TF2. It's not your typical run and gun FPS; it's really deep.
Love playing as an engineer or medic.

I played it for a bit this afternoon and got sucked back in.

Yeah, I just played for a bit. I like engineer as well.. mostly because it doesn't require me to have much skill, in the normal fps sense. Sniper is the only class I'm not really feeling.

TrickyNicky
12-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Demoman is still the be all end all. I play Demo, Soldier, or Medic as my main classes and sometimes go Engy if the team needs it.

Fishpicker
12-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I just played for a bit. I like engineer as well.. mostly because it doesn't require me to have much skill, in the normal fps sense. Sniper is the only class I'm not really feeling.

I feel the opposite way in regards to engy. Engineer requires skill, its just not the same skill set as the other classes. you have to plan ahead to play well as an engineer. it's a lot easier for me to just run n' gun.

practice up with the wrench in close combat. 2 wrench hits will take care of spies most of the time. get used to doing your own spy-checking (with wrench) once you have all your equipment built up to level 3. even if the spy gets away, you'll be able to knock the sappers off of your sentry.

don't be shy about calling out Pyros for not spy-checking. Engineers seem like the most independent class but 2 engineers can build & upgrade equipment a lot faster if they work together on the same building project.

Fishpicker
12-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Demoman is still the be all end all. I play Demo, Soldier, or Medic as my main classes and sometimes go Engy if the team needs it.

you're one of the best (consistently) engineers I've played with.

Mr Luzcious
12-12-2008, 09:26 PM
I feel the opposite way in regards to engy. Engineer requires skill, its just not the same skill set as the other classes. you have to plan ahead to play well as an engineer. it's a lot easier for me to just run n' gun.

practice up with the wrench in close combat. 2 wrench hits will take care of spies most of the time. get used to doing your own spy-checking (with wrench) once you have all your equipment built up to level 3. even if the spy gets away, you'll be able to knock the sappers off of your sentry.

don't be shy about calling out Pyros for not spy-checking. Engineers seem like the most independent class but 2 engineers can build & upgrade equipment a lot faster if they work together on the same building project.

Oh yeah, it requires skill to be sure. Just not "boom headshot" kind of skill. I'm really enjoying it so far. All my "bests" except invulnerability count are engineer.

Soldier is kinda nice too though, despite the extreme slowness.

Mr Luzcious
12-12-2008, 09:27 PM

Demomen are the bane of my tf2 existence.

Fishpicker
12-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Oh yeah, it requires skill to be sure. Just not "boom headshot" kind of skill. I'm really enjoying it so far. All my "bests" except invulnerability count are engineer.

Soldier is kinda nice too though, despite the extreme slowness.

soldiers can move pretty fast with rocket jump. it requires a dedicated medic though. heavies are slow, soldiers move at a deliberate pace

Mr Luzcious
12-12-2008, 09:36 PM
soldiers can move pretty fast with rocket jump. it requires a dedicated medic though. heavies are slow, soldiers move at a deliberate pace

I generally end up playing defense with them, for that reason (gotta love dispensers, too). Never enough medics.

Fishpicker
12-12-2008, 10:13 PM
do you play on 360 or PC?

Mr Luzcious
12-12-2008, 10:19 PM
PC.

TrickyNicky
12-13-2008, 12:48 PM
I play a lot on the LotusClan Stock Maps server:

74.55.237.132:27015

It is 32 players though. It is well moderated and has a bunch of really good players that are all regulars.

Mr Luzcious
12-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Hm, I may try playing there.

So whats with the whole soviet/heavy thing?

TrickyNicky
12-13-2008, 10:45 PM
I don't know. They made him big, stupid, and Russian (no offense to anyone). Just like the spy is French, the Demo is a black scot, and the sniper is Aussie.

TrickyNicky
12-31-2008, 02:36 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CK3RR99f4LY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CK3RR99f4LY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Me and a clanmate playing medic Ubersaw rush on turbine. Fun stuff.

QuikSsurfer
12-31-2008, 02:52 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CK3RR99f4LY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CK3RR99f4LY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Me and a clanmate playing medic Ubersaw rush on turbine. Fun stuff.

haha that's awesome
I'm imagining the quake arena voice "Humiliation".

Wish the 360 would hurry up and bring on the updates :(

TrickyNicky
12-17-2009, 02:19 AM
PC TF2 is about to have a huge update in the next two days for the Soldier and Demo classes. As always with a class update, there is a free weekend. You can download and play TF2 for free all weekend to see if you like it. All you need is Steam >.> http://store.steampowered.com/about/ (click the green "Get Steam Now" box on the right to download it.

Otter
12-17-2009, 11:20 AM
PC TF2 is about to have a huge update in the next two days for the Soldier and Demo classes. As always with a class update, there is a free weekend. You can download and play TF2 for free all weekend to see if you like it. All you need is Steam >.> http://store.steampowered.com/about/ (click the green "Get Steam Now" box on the right to download it.

I love the flare gun they gave to the pyro - Sniper Harassment 101.

I'll check out that server too. Thx

Blankey
07-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Anyone still play?

Here's me
http://steamcommunity.com/id/blankey

TrickyNicky
06-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Team Fortress 2 is now free to play, forever.

http://teamfortress.com/freetoplay/

So, yeah. Play it!

Trevo_410
06-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Team Fortress 2 is now free to play, forever.

http://teamfortress.com/freetoplay/

So, yeah. Play it!

OMGGGggggg havent plyed this game in a while.... got banned lol

Blankey
06-24-2011, 05:32 PM
I would think I'm the resident tf2 expert here. If you have any questions about gameplay or crafting and whatnot, ask away.

TrickyNicky
06-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Got anything for trade? Looking for the new spy knife.

Blankey
06-24-2011, 07:08 PM
If I did I'd probably trade it to you, I'm not a big spy player.
Here's my backpack
http://www.tf2b.com/?id=blankey

TrickyNicky
06-24-2011, 08:39 PM
I don't think you have enough crates. I haven't played much in 18 months so everything is bright, shiny, and new to me.

Buck
07-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Anyone still playing? I've had it for a while, but I just started getting into it.

KC_Lee
07-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Anyone still playing? I've had it for a while, but I just started getting into it.

Still playing, love the Pyro update. Have yet to get a Rainblower though.

Buck
07-08-2012, 09:27 PM
I was thinking about buying it, but I don't really like playing in Pyroland. When you get hit, those balloons block your view from everyone else.

QuikSsurfer
07-08-2012, 09:56 PM

Yup - great game

KC_Lee
07-09-2012, 11:48 AM
I was thinking about buying it, but I don't really like playing in Pyroland. When you get hit, those balloons block your view from everyone else.

True, but the Meet The Pyro video in one of the best "Meet The..." vids yet.

QuikSsurfer
07-09-2012, 11:53 AM
True, but the Meet The Pyro video in one of the best "Meet The..." vids yet.

I'd agree. With the Meet the Medic and Sniper tying for second.