PDA

View Full Version : Wow! I'm going to the Chiefs/Skins game!

KCJohnny
06-09-2001, 09:16 AM
My best friend just called and informed me that he has 4 tix to the Redskins- Chiefs game Sept. 30(?)!!!!!!
Thank you, GOD!!!!
KCJ
Stunned by this stroke of good fortune
:eek:

Skip Towne
06-09-2001, 09:18 AM
Can I go?

Phobia
06-09-2001, 09:38 AM
Congrats, KCJ

I'm reasonably sure you haven't been to a KC game at Arrowhead but is this your first game?

keg in kc
06-09-2001, 11:56 AM
Leave plenty early for the game - driving in DC is a nightmare any day of the week, much less on a game day...

Congrats and enjoy yourself. ;)

Logical
06-09-2001, 12:32 PM
Congratulations John

Unfortunately I am sure you will be torn as it appears your love of Marty and your predictions of eminent Redskins victory will tear at your desire to see your Chiefs.

In a way I would not want to be in your position, no matter who the opponent or what year it was, when I attended a Chiefs game I always believed my Chiefs would win. You obviously will not be in that position and that is just sad.

Enjoy the game, hopefully you will have to suffer for Marty and the loss of face over your predictions.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
06-09-2001, 02:59 PM
I'm assuming your friend is a season ticket holder at Fed-Ex stadium. Last time I'd checked general tickets for the Redskins don't go on sale until July.
:confused:

Brock
06-09-2001, 03:22 PM
Have fun cheering for Marty.

KCJohnny
06-09-2001, 03:27 PM
NO, I'm cheering for Marty...I'm cheering for Donnell Bennett! :p :D

I'm cheering for the Chiefs all the way but it will be an emotional day, seeing the coach I loved all those years with another team and the Chiefs I love populated by a bunch of Ra..., er, new personnel.

I will provide in depth on the spot analysis ( wish!).

Yes, this is my first Chiefs game. I have visited Arrowhead twice during the off season while moving across I-70 relocating my family.

KCJ

California Injun
06-09-2001, 07:19 PM
How did you feel when the Chiefs played the Browns in the 90s?

I'll be that was an emotional time for you also, eh?

Gaz
06-09-2001, 08:10 PM
Congratulations, Chaplain.

Have a great time.

xoxo~
Gaz
Will watch for the parachute drop at halftime.

TEX
06-10-2001, 12:01 AM
Johnny,
PLEASE KICK the STOOGES for me...PLEASE! :D

Bootlegged
06-10-2001, 07:35 AM
Who cares?

KCJohnny
06-10-2001, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the well wishes, guys.
All you guys who made cracks about Marty...

...:p

KCJ

Logical
06-11-2001, 03:03 PM
KCJ,

My congratulations were real, and no where in my post did I suggest you would not be rooting for the Chiefs. I was just suggesting it would lower my enjoyment if I had a personal stake in the Chiefs losing and in having such a strong positive feeling about the opposition.

I really do hope you enjoy the game, and I really hope you are wrong in your faith in Marty, Donnell, and the Redskins victory.

Warrior5
06-11-2001, 03:20 PM
Assuming that the crowd there is <B>NOT</B> like Oakland, maybe you can get on TV with a big sign...something like:

<B>C</B>hiefs
<B>B</B>eat
<B>S</B>kins

with a paratrooper (wearing a Chiefs helmet) next to it saying "Death From Above!"

I think CBS is televising it?

I'll tape the game, and if you show up, I'll send you a copy.

California Injun
06-11-2001, 07:53 PM
Warrior5,

He'll be easy to spot.

A pullover sweater (with the initials RBBC on it), square framed glasses, short strawberry blonde hair, and a book of Martyisms in his back pocket to recite during television commercials.

When the Chiefs have the ball, look for the crowd shot of Proctor holding up a Dick Vermeil voodoo doll with multiple needles sticking in it.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
06-12-2001, 09:09 AM
If and when I get my tickets, I'll certainly be bringing stuff to annoy the Deadskin fans around here. I'll be the guy with the Derrick Thomas jersey who's probably either pummelling or getting pummelled by the guy wearing the half Chiefs/half Redskin jersey....:D

Sorry, John, just pickin' on you. ;)

Otter
06-12-2001, 09:12 AM
KCJ,

I'm going to that game too. Maybe we could share in a suds before the game.

I'll promise not to bring up the stooges if you don't throw any Marty or RBBC stats at me. ;)

KCJohnny
06-13-2001, 03:25 PM
LOL< Cal Injun and W5!

That might be a good idea to make the CBS sign. Gotta think about that one. I guess I'll be safe as long as I don't have a sign that says GOPAC or Go GOP (Washington the land of democrats).

In all honesty, I want the Chiefs to win. But man, it sure would shut up a lot of my critics if Marty's Skins were good this year. What I can't figure out is how so many writers are picking the Skins to improve while condemning the Chiefs as bottom feeders. Not that I put any stock in their predictions.

I have no love for Jeff George. That helps me to see this game logically (Hi, Jim!) and root for a Chiefs victory.

KCJ