PDA

View Full Version : Herm Edwards deserves a job in the Chiefs FO

RedThat
10-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Seriously.

I think Herm should be either a head of a scouting department or a general manager.

I don't think much of him as a head coach. Never liked his coaching style/tactics, decision making in games.

But, I think he's done a helluva of a job addressing talent on our team. It's hard to argue that. I think Herm is one of those guys right now that is in the wrong position. Kinda like the wrong guy for the job sorta thing ala head coach.

But it's just incredibly tough to argue the job he's done addressing positions on the team. And that's both on offense and defense. Most of the pickups are solid starters, tough to argue.

Now if we only had a head coach? Let him stick around a couple of more years, and we can possibly build a team here with his great eye. Maybe his hiring is a blessing in disguise? We know Carl can't address talent worth anything?

Didn't Herm even say himself, he never thought of being a coach, always wanted to be a GM? well..........I think he'd be good at it!!

WhitiE
10-13-2007, 04:39 PM
agreed

MichaelH
10-13-2007, 04:50 PM
He's good at drafting and seems to know how to rebuild a defense. The only problem is by the time he's done as head coach, the offense will be terrible and that's what will need the most attention.

Tiger's Fan
10-13-2007, 05:35 PM
He's good at drafting and seems to know how to rebuild a defense. The only problem is by the time he's done as head coach, the offense will be terrible and that's what will need the most attention.

Too late.

DomerNKC
10-13-2007, 08:12 PM
<===== the new head coach.

milkman
10-13-2007, 08:22 PM

I don't know that he doesn't draft well on offense.

D Bowe seems to be a hell of a pick.

I would also think he would have an eye for O-Line talen, which is the area that we desperately need to address.

However, I would be scared shitless if he were the GM, because the GM looks for people who share the same vision for the team, and Herman ****ing Edwards' vision isn't one that inspires me.

RedThat
10-14-2007, 12:11 AM
I don't know that he doesn't draft well on offense.

D Bowe seems to be a hell of a pick.

I would also think he would have an eye for O-Line talen, which is the area that we desperately need to address.

However, I would be scared shitless if he were the GM, because the GM looks for people who share the same vision for the team, and Herman ****ing Edwards' vision isn't one that inspires me.

I have no problem with Herm's vision. I just don't think he's done at good job of carrying the team the way he wants to.

I think what we saw last week from Jacksonville is the type of team Herm exactly wants here in KC. And I have no problem with it. As long as we did that well which we haven't.

What we saw last week was a mistake free team, very disciplined, methodical style of ball control, and great execution. Tough, physical defense. Nothing wrong with it.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Herm deserves a job as a Wal-Mart greeter.

Barrymore50
10-14-2007, 12:54 AM
Mangino for Chiefs head coach!

Dave Lane
10-14-2007, 01:13 AM
<===== the new head coach.

I'm with Domer!!!

Zouk
10-14-2007, 07:06 AM
I have no problem with Herm's vision. I just don't think he's done at good job of carrying the team the way he wants to.

I think what we saw last week from Jacksonville is the type of team Herm exactly wants here in KC. And I have no problem with it. As long as we did that well which we haven't.

What we saw last week was a mistake free team, very disciplined, methodical style of ball control, and great execution. Tough, physical defense. Nothing wrong with it.

This is Jack Del Rio's fifth year in Jacksonville. It takes time to rebuild a team. Particularly one with as little good young talent as the roster Herm inherited here. We've seen the history of all the blown first day picks in the Vermeil-era.

The defense has been rebuilt, but the offense hasn't yet. You can only do so much in 1 offseason. Herm is a winner - have a little more patience.

the Talking Can
10-14-2007, 07:08 AM
He's a foot shuffling porter, he would be perfect.

Herm: "We should draft this QB in the first. He's a stud"

Carl: "He have a QB: Damon Huard. Go refill my coffee."

Herm: "Ok"

milkman
10-14-2007, 10:44 AM
This is Jack Del Rio's fifth year in Jacksonville. It takes time to rebuild a team. Particularly one with as little good young talent as the roster Herm inherited here. We've seen the history of all the blown first day picks in the Vermeil-era.

The defense has been rebuilt, but the offense hasn't yet. You can only do so much in 1 offseason. Herm is a winner - have a little more patience.

Herman ****ing Edwards is more Marty than Marty.