PDA

View Full Version : The way I see this team, they're a work in progress...

RedThat
10-22-2007, 01:05 AM
I think the Chiefs still have to rebuild a bit.

But as the season has gone on, this team is starting to get stronger on defense. The defense is the team right now, and what is going to carry this team as the season goes.

I don't expect this team to go all the way. But if they keep drafting well, and make some good free agent signings, I feel optimistic for the future. But as of now, this team still has questions to fill.

Hali, Allen, Boone, D.Edwards, D.Johnson, N.Harris, Law, Surtain, Page, Waters, Gonzalez, Bowe, L.Johnson, Colquitt. These are all a good core of players.

You know, Phil Sims said it best today. The NFL is all about making plays. Which lead me to think, this team has playmakers on it!! VERY good sign!

I think this team can be like Martys team, or even like Baltimore. It all depends how far the defense can carry them?

But we have some serious questions marks. The offensive line is the worst I've seen on this team in a while. We need to focus on rebuilding that. Especially the interior line. I still think our kicker is questionable. You need to hit the chip shots. And hes missed a couple of them. I don't think Huard is the greatest QB out there, but he ain't playing bad enough to lose his job. Which is ok with a great defense. Can we get stronger there? Absolutely. I still think we could use another WR. the safeties are a little bit shaky too. Works in progress it seems.

I dont like being too conservative. Throw in a little creativity with conservative and I don't have a problem with that. If you have a good O-line any type of team you decide to run can be effective. I believe that.

*I still think Herm needs to grow a bit as a coach. We fix these problems by drafting well and through good free agent signings, we will be a very good team.

CupidStunt
10-22-2007, 04:15 AM
There's no doubt about it.

Set at - RB (like it or not), TE, LG, DE, OLB (for now; this is way down the list of needs), MLB, P, K (I guess)

Need additional (developmental) help at - WR, LT, DT, CB

Desperately need - QB, FB, C, RG, RT

Safety is the only position I can't legitimately peg as a need or not. No one can. We need to wait and see.

In the draft, I don't see us having a shot at any legitimate QB so it's Croyle, FA or 2009. I would be more than happy if the Chiefs used all three first day picks on the OL. That, along with quarterback, is the only area of absolute need at a key position.

I'd be fine with them taking a value pick or even two at WR, CB or DT; but the OL needs to be addressed. We got our stud WR and some DL youth in 2007, passing on a lot of good or potentially good OL, so 2008 needs to be the year of the OL.

Chief Henry
10-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Our Defense is vastly improved from the DV era.
Herm has done a good job retooling the D. maybe Gunther has had something to do with that.

Our offensive line needs alot of work...thats obvious. Until we bring in more talent on the offensive line we are an average team at best.

Our punter is dam good.

Huard is bugging me. He is playing tough football
but it appears to me he can't throw deep at all.

The play he made Sunday when he side stepped
to his left to avoid a sack and then stepped up to launch the pass to Bowe was a thing of beauty.

Huard will be lucky to finish the season without
a major injury. It seams Huard is running for his life on every pass play except for play action passes.

I absoulutley hate our play calling. For example,
Running a screen pass to PH. Everyone in the stadium knew that play was coming. Call the screen when its not so fricking obvious.

Rausch
10-22-2007, 08:02 AM
The only thing keeping us from a strong post season push is the offensive line. The better defenses will get to Huard/Croyle consistently...

Frankie
10-22-2007, 08:48 AM
I think this team can be like Martys team, or even like Baltimore. It all depends how far the defense can carry them?
Despite everything they say about Herm, I think he will prove more offensive minded than Marty. Not a lot more, but more. I think he wanted to build the 'D' first, and he is accomplishing that. But I have a feeling that in time our O will be better than Marty's.

boogblaster
10-22-2007, 09:39 AM
The team is improving .. They're getting better every week with the talent we all ready have ... Are we SB bound, no, but you never know how far this team will go ....

RedThat
10-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Despite everything they say about Herm, I think he will prove more offensive minded than Marty. Not a lot more, but more. I think he wanted to build the 'D' first, and he is accomplishing that. But I have a feeling that in time our O will be better than Marty's.

Well, we definately have more talent on our O now then we did with Marty?

I think once the offensive line issues are addressed this team will be much improved.