PDA

View Full Version : How many more...

Chiefs Pantalones
06-14-2001, 09:14 PM
Championships will the Lakers win, or have the potential to win? I heard that they are going to try to grab Chris Webber.

CG

sorry, just bored and wanted some opinions

Cannibal
06-14-2001, 09:16 PM
Webber will end up in Orlando.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-14-2001, 09:19 PM
Cannibal,

Do you think he is as good as advertised? (Webber)

Chiefs Pantalones
06-14-2001, 09:26 PM
I gotta go for right now, but I'll be back later on.

CG

I'm going to try to find out how I did on my Psychology exam today. This professor had the trickyess (is that a word?) f##@$%^ questions! :confused:

Cannibal
06-14-2001, 09:42 PM
I think he's a little overrated.

But he is a very good player.

Baby Lee
06-14-2001, 10:08 PM
Hey Cody - post the Questions.

aturnis
06-14-2001, 10:09 PM
I hope he ends up in Orlando with my Magic where he was gonna go as a rookie......until Anfernee says "You'll be making a big mistake you don't take me...." Webber is good, and the Magic need some more talent, I'll be following this one closely.

DaKCMan AP
06-14-2001, 10:33 PM
Webber won't go to LA. He'll most likely end up in Houston or Detroit for the max or he'll take the min in Orlando, NY or Mia. Hopefully he'll be playing for the heat!!! (I wish)

Chiefs Pantalones
06-14-2001, 10:55 PM
JC-Johnny,

One of the questions was (for example) psychology is...

a)the study of mental and behavioral processes
b)the study of mental behavior that processes
c)what we use in every day life
d)the exact study or mental and behavior processes

I chose "a", which is right because afterward I looked it up. This is a simple example, but he did this with every single freakin question!!! It really made your brain go crazy!! I talked to my friends afterward and they said the same thing! I studied, but if you didn't know your sh!t word for word, you were screwed.:( :mad:

DaWolf
06-14-2001, 11:47 PM
It all depends on chemistry, supporting cast, etc. I'm not sure how CWebb is going to keep his mouth shut if he's not getting the ball enough to put up his numbers.

But on the question you ask, I think they can win a few more definitely, no one is around to stop Shaq. Greg Pappa, a bay area talk show host and NBA, baseball, and NFL broadcaster, was actually discussing it today, and he stated that he feels the Lakers can run off 8 championships if they can keep a competent supporting cast and Kobe and Shaq stay together and healthy...

milkman
06-15-2001, 12:06 AM
Chris Webber, IMO, lacks the mental makeup of a #1 option.
He just doesn't have that need to have the ball when the game is on the line. His physical makeup puts him in a kind of "tweener" category, not really powerful enough to be a physical presence at the power forward position, not quick enough and lacks ball handling skills to be a small forward.
If he wanted to play somewhere where he might have a chance to win a championship, Orlando might be a good fit. He could be a solid #2 option as Tracy McMaybe matures and develops into one the the premeir players in the league.

As for the Lakers, they really could have a long run.
Shaq still has 5-6 years to be the most dominating player in the NBA, and just as he is approaching his downhill years, Kobe will just reaching his prime. Kobe still has a lot to learn. Patience being one of the more important of those. When he finally learns to play the game with patience, taking what the defense gives him, rather than trying to force things, he truly will be the best player in the game.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-15-2001, 12:12 AM
Milkman,

What players should the Lakers look at this offseason? Who should they acquire to get better?

TEX
06-15-2001, 12:15 AM
Chris Webber was in Houston not too long ago. Seems the Rockets are going to make a serious bid for his services and they HAVE the cash. It could be a good fit. He'll play forward with Olajuwon and Cato at center.

The Lakers might win a many championships but IMHO they have NO CLASS.

milkman
06-15-2001, 12:18 AM
Cody,
I haven't really started to take a look at FA, so I can't pinpoint specific players. Also the Lakers won't really have any cap money to chase name players.
What they need is depth behind Kobe and Shaq. I'd be surprised if Ron Harper or Brian Shaw play another season, and Greg Foster doesn't give me any feeling of security as Shaq's B/u.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-15-2001, 12:21 AM
Milkman,

I heard today that Kobe is courting a player from the Raptors, he wears number 13, but I can't think of his name. Do you know who I'm talking about? I was watching ESPN and that Rick Bucer is the one who reported this.

Any thoughts on to who this guy is?

milkman
06-15-2001, 12:21 AM
TX,
I guess Steve Francis' crying until he forced a trade so he wouldn't have to play in Canada, because it was to far away from his home in Florida? and his mommy is class personified?

Chiefs Pantalones
06-15-2001, 12:24 AM
I think some of the reasons why some people don't like the Lakers, is simply because they're good. The Lakers have no class? Where do you get that?

Its the same for the Yankees, the reason why people hate them is because they win, and people/fans envy them, IMO, and wish that were their team.

milkman
06-15-2001, 12:25 AM
Cody,
Couldn't name him off the top of my head, I'd have to look it up.
I haven't really seen a lot of Raptor games.

TEX
06-15-2001, 04:18 PM
MM,
You only have part of it right with Francis. He said all along that he would NOT play for Toronto. He was UP FRONT and HONEST with Toronto the WHOLE TIME. The REAL reason he's in Houston has more to do with MONEY - taxes are lower in the U.S. than in Canada PLUS, there's NO STATE income tax here! Saves him OVER 1 MILLION $$$! Now, I ask you -was Shaq honest in his dealings with Orlando? NO WAY! Anytime you want to go down the Rocket's roster and the Lakers and compare class - just say so. One word - OLAJUWON - more class than the WHOLE LAKER team. ;)

HC_Chief
06-15-2001, 04:54 PM
I can't stand the NBA. It's all showboating and posturing IMO.

I don't think the re-introduction of zone D is going to spark my interest.

Guess I'm just a big NCAA hoops homer... :)