PDA

View Full Version : Grbac exceling at 2 minute drill with Ravens...

DaWolf
06-15-2001, 12:14 PM
...NOT! :)

Just thought some of you Grbashers might be amused with this little clip from the Baltimore Sun... :D

Grbac's biggest stumble came during yesterday's final practice. In the Ravens' first two-minute drill of the off-season, he was proficient but not totally fluid.

Aside from the hurry-up offense lagging at times, Grbac still worked the ball down to the 20-yard line before getting intercepted in the end zone by safety Corey Harris. It was his seventh interception in 190 pass attempts this off-season, which is a higher rate than the Ravens expect from Grbac.

"There were a few Kansas City plays that popped into that two-minute drill," Billick said, jokingly referring to Grbac's Chiefs days.

Said Grbac: "Today, we kind of brushed through a lot of things. A lot of things in two minute, I need to get on the same page with Matt and see what he wants to do in certain situations."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens15jun15.story?coll=bal%2Dsports%2Dfootball

milkman
06-15-2001, 12:20 PM
I told you his development would increase rapidly under the tuteledge of a good offensive coach.

He did throw the ball to the end zone.:D

Mark M
06-15-2001, 12:22 PM
see what he wants to do in certain situations

Hey Elvis, I gotta feeling what he wants is for you to not throw an INT in the end zone, you dumbf*ck. Oh yeah ... and don't throw it short either. :rolleyes:

MM
~~The more he thinks about it, the happier he is that Grbac is gone.

58Forever
06-15-2001, 01:08 PM
Thank you Wolf, this little thread just made my day...

Now the Ravens fans and players can see what an idiot Grbitch is....I'm still bitter but not as much as I was before we got Green...

I think when all is said and done we'll find we got the better deal by letting Grfu*k walk...

I'm not saying we're going to the SB, I'm just saying that if the Ravens do go back, it won't have much to do with Grbastard...

Grarsehole...what, me hold a grudge?

I can't wait till the regular season begins and we get to read about the same **** only when it counts...:D

Stryker
06-15-2001, 01:42 PM
Heck I don't want to read about it, I want to SEE it! :p

Hopefully Grbastard will make for some funny highlights. :D

MrBlond
06-15-2001, 01:44 PM
Same old Grbac. Excuses, excuses. "I'm still new!!"

Notice how in every interview Green talks about working with the team..lifting weights, studing film, etc. He leaves his family during the week to work with the team.

Grbac on the other hand again talks about holing up in his den in Cleveland. Nice team building.

I admit Grbac can do no right by me.

Cormac
06-15-2001, 01:46 PM
The funniest part is what Billick said
"There were a few Kansas City plays that popped into that two-minute drill," Billick said, jokingly referring to Grbac's Chiefs days"

Was he mocking KCs recent terrible 2 minute offensive displays by directing it at Grbac's awful decision-making? He couldn't have been referring to Jimmy Raye's brilliant playcalling, now could he?!?! :rolleyes:

Clint in Wichita
06-15-2001, 01:49 PM
GOD!! At least in KC he'd look "great" during practices and in training camp. He'd wait until the start of the season to become a mongoloid.

Looks like he's going "mongo" full-time now.

Baby Lee
06-15-2001, 02:18 PM
This is getting ridiculous. An overwhelmingly positive article with one part where he was 'proficient, but not totally fluid' and you guys turn it into a Grbac slamfest.

Just ignore the rest, "natural grasp" "76% completion, despite 11 drops" "throwing deep, with solid success" "he's handled a lot of information" "I'm pleased."

And Mr. Blond, he's 'holing-up' in Cleveland AFTER camp, ie in the period when the team is NOT meeting as a team. I'm certain that Grbac did absolutely no film review, no weightlifting, refused to speak with anyone.

This is like Pravda, form 'truth' to salve the ego of the collective. I'll always be a Chiefs fan, . . being a fan of Chiefs fans, sometimes that's hard.

58Forever
06-15-2001, 02:45 PM
JC,

I was one of the biggest Grbitch fans alive. I loved the guy. I thought he was the second coming of JC...but when he left, no matter what the reason, because he could have stayed if he wanted...he became cannon fodder...ang could bear the brunt of my rage...

No matter how positive the rest of the article is, why do you insist on defending this guy?

He'll do fine in Baltimore, but now that he's not a Chief, he's not worth the crap I pick up on the sole of my shoes....

here is another excerpt....his verbiage shows that he's stilll concerned about what his teammates can do and not what he can do to make them better...

"I wanted to push the envelope a little bit and see what these guys can do downfield and what kind of plays they can make," Grbac said. "There are going to be points in some games where we're going to have to make big plays."

MrBlond
06-15-2001, 03:02 PM
Johnny,
You are right. But I enjoy slamming Grbac so much I have given myself permision to do it every chance I get. Like Jules told Vincent..."Sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie but I'll never know." (Grbac is the sewer rat.)

htismaqe
06-15-2001, 03:06 PM
Sorry...

I agree with the guys bitching about Elvis...he makes key mistakes and still blames others for them...

Sure 75% of it may have been positive, but that 25% is BRIGHT RED INK, so it's hard to ignore...

DaWolf
06-15-2001, 03:07 PM
C'mon Johnny, lighten up. I still like Girlbac better than ***** Gannon. But he's not in a position to help our team anymore, so who cares?

Stryker
06-15-2001, 04:25 PM
JC:

Not to disbar your comments but it also said:
Although his success occurred in a non-contact setting...

Key words being NON-CONTACT. He was solid and taking chances yada, yada, yada

Warrior5
06-15-2001, 05:34 PM
he didn't say, "I can throw it, but I can't catch it too."

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
06-15-2001, 05:41 PM
JC,

Just something you, I and some others are just going to have to learn to live with.

Like a spurned lover, they're going to have to go through all the stages ..."Well, she was never good enough for me", "I never liked her that much anyway", etc., etc., etc.

Some people can't believe anyone wouldn't want to play for their team and so they delight in belittling such a person.

I liked Grbac before he came here, I liked him while he was here, and I like him now. The fans in KC made it clear they didn't want him here, so he picked up his ball and left, and now they're mad because he left on his terms not theirs.

They'll either get over it or they won't.

Me, I'll just avoid topics like this anymore and enjoy watching him on Sundays up here while listening to the Chiefs on the Internet. Sort of the best of both worlds.

milkman
06-15-2001, 06:00 PM
I supported Grbac while he was here, and I am one who believes that he left the way he did primarily because of VD's woody for Green.
But the bottom line is that Grbac did some pretty stupid things on the field, and did and said some really stupid things off the field that made him difficult to like for the fans of KC.
So whether he left because he really was looking for bigger bucks, or because he could see the writing on the wall with regards to Green, he put himself in a position to be ridiculed and criticized by KC fans.
I, for one, am hoping he never develops beyond where he is now as a QB and team leader, so that I don't feel we lost an opportunity.
Unfortunately, I still believe that now that he's working in a system with a coach that understands the concept of offense, that he will develop into a better and smarter QB.

DaWolf
06-15-2001, 06:07 PM
This is why I avoid becoming a fan of a player and just maintain focus on the team.

He is now with another AFC team and has taken shots at this organization, so IMO he is now the enemy.

Of course, if the AFC championship this year comes down again to Grbac and BMore vs Gannon and Oakland, I will be rooting hard for Grbac to get to the SuperBowl...

TEX
06-16-2001, 01:48 AM
"For the next six weeks, Grbac's sole focus is on the mental part of the game. He has turned the office in his Cleveland home into a film room where he'll dissect endless hours of tape from the four camps. "

Mental + Grbac = DISASTER. He will NEVER perform well at crunch time. This season is going to be a HOOT!

Rausch
06-16-2001, 02:51 AM
Just like last year, if it comes down to Baltimore and the Faiders.....

I'll root for WHOMEVER makes the big game from the NFC....

Unless it's the Rams, and then I just hope that planes crash....:D

KCPHILLY
06-16-2001, 05:17 PM
I supported Grbac while he was here, and I am one who believes that he left the way he did primarily because of VD's woody for Green.

I don't think that was a factor at all. GRBAC is a 5-7 step drop QB who struggles with checking off and often never looks past the #2 option. He would not have faired well in the multi-option, short drop, quick release scheme we are implementing. I'm sure he knew it and his struggle with the fan base made his decision easier.

I was constantly defending GRBAC when he was our QB. Now I'm glad he's gone because he's not the right fit for this offense.

milkman
06-17-2001, 12:06 AM
I don't know.
I thought that Grbac performed pretty well in the west coast offense, which also relies on the quick 3-5 step drop backs.

47mack
06-17-2001, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by JC-Johnny

Just ignore the rest, "natural grasp" "76% completion, despite 11 drops" "throwing deep, with solid success" "he's handled a lot of information" "I'm pleased."

It doesn't matter what the completion % is if he can't produce in the end. The point of the thread was that once again, he blew it in the end.

JC
I assume that in your opinion, as long as his completion % is 75, a loss is sufficient. That will get someone far. I don't care if in the 2 minute drill the QB throws 14 for 15. If that last pass is an interception, all the previous "stats" were for nothing. That is Grbac's specialty.

The Bad Guy
06-17-2001, 03:42 PM
I agree with the majority that I want Girlback to fall flat on his face. His mental breakdowns, and when he ripped the Chiefs organization really left a sour taste in my mouth.

However, I think he may excel with the Ravens.

As a starter, he never had an offensive minded head coach. Gunther was clueless and a defensive guy. Marty was a conservative grind it out, beat em up guy.

Now he has Brian Billick, who just 3 years ago was considered to be the best offensive mind in the NFL. I think with Cavanaugh and Billick, Pelvis could play at a high level.

...but, I'm pretty certain his mental cramps and his stupidity will keep him from being anything special.

splatbass
06-17-2001, 07:03 PM
"He'd wait until the start of the season to become a mongoloid. "

Clint in Witchita -

I don't mean to be a pain or too politically correct or anything, but I assume you don't know that by using the term mongoloid you are insulting about a third of the worlds population. the definition is:

"classified according to physical features (as the presence of an epicanthic fold) that includes peoples of northern and eastern Asia, Malaysians, Eskimos, and often American Indians".

Just FYI.

Clint in Wichita
06-17-2001, 08:03 PM
You're absolutely correct.

I shouldn't insult mongoloids by calling Grbac one of them.

splatbass
06-17-2001, 09:59 PM
Gee, Clint, why do I think you missed my point?

KS Smitty
06-17-2001, 10:51 PM
It sounded right to me.:D
Smitty

phillfree
06-18-2001, 11:15 AM
It doesn't matter what "Parasite Elvis" does in practice, after the defenses of Tenn., Jax., and Pitts. get done with him there won't be anything left.

PhilFree :cool:

King_Chief_Fan
06-18-2001, 11:55 AM
Grbac will look impressive in that o scheme. But, if he does not, who gives a flying rats a$$. In a contest between Gannon and Grbac, I will however root for Grbac. (mainly because Gannon is a Raider):confused:

htismaqe
06-18-2001, 01:04 PM
47mack said it best.

Grbac is almost the very definition...8 for 8 for 80 yards to get them to 10, and then - POW - INT returned for a TD...or worse, pass to the TE at the 6 yard line with no time on the clock...

58Forever
06-18-2001, 01:05 PM
Oh my God, post 17 scenario is not an option!!!

If it comes down to Grbac and Gannon playing for the AFC...I'll shot myself...only a superficial wound though, just enough to take my mind off the pain of watching those two MFs playing for the championship...:)