PDA

View Full Version : Papasmurf

luv
10-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Just got a call from dad. He had a couple of dizzy spells at work, so they took him to the hospital. They're doing tests on his heart. They haven't found anything wrong yet, but he's admitted, and they're going to run a few more tests later.

Guess I should get around and get up there.

cdcox
10-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Prayes and best wishes for him, luv.

morphius
10-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Hope everything is okay!

Mr. Kotter
10-27-2007, 01:35 PM
We'll cross our fingers and say a prayer for him tonight. Best wishes.

Katie
10-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Sounds like he's in good hands...our best thoughts go out to you!

Frazod
10-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Hope everything turns out OK.

Buck
10-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Saying a prayer for your dad.

Hope everything turns out well.

Sure-Oz
10-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Hope he is alright!

Hydrae
10-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you all

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Jeez. I hope everything will be OK. Godspeed...

luv
10-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Well, his blood pressure was really high when the paramedics got to the post office. Definitely why he was dizzy. He has recently had to change his diet to try to get his cholestorol down. They're drawing blood every six hours to check his protein levels. Lucky him, he gets to stay there until at least Monday. That's the earliest they can run a stress test to make sure there's no blockage or anything.

I asked the nurse if I could bring him any "real" food. She said he's on a low fat, low sodium diet, but that she didn't care if I brought him anything. I asked him if there was anything he wanted, and he said a light beer.

I'm sure things will be fine. I really didn't mean for this to be a sticky, but thanks for the well wishes. I'll let him know.

He's just ticked because he could have walked out after his first tests came out fine. The doctor recommended admitting him so they could do a few more to be 100%. They thought maybe he might be able to get the stress tests done today, but it turns out that couldn't happen.

I did tell him that at least there wasn't a game tomorrow, in case his roomie isn't into football. :)

Simplex3
10-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Good luck to both of you. Hopefully he'll get to watch some games on the TV.

KcMizzou
10-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Best of luck.

Hang in there.

tommykat
10-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Just got off the phone with Papa........he's pretty calm and seems OK. Waiting for the stress test Monday. Taking blood every 6 hours to see if there is a high level of protien, if so that could mean heart damage. They don't seem to think so, but it takes time to find that out. So? Best news? Chiefs are on a bye week so he won't miss the game....:D Also means I am back to the place Mom and Jack were sick tomorrow to watch a football game with him. Monday is my birthday and the best present I could have is for Papa to be OK! He has been very good to me in the years past. So, who should we root for? ROFL

10-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Thoughts and prayers, hope everything turns out AOK.

Bowser
10-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Best of luck.

Hang in there.

Ditto this.

Logical
10-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Keep your spirits up luv, hopefully nothing is found in the protein level or stress tests.

stevieray
10-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Good thoughts for your Dad.

Bugeater
10-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Hope all goes well for your pops, Luv.

Simply Red
10-27-2007, 07:50 PM
He'll be in my prayers. Hope all tests out okay.

go bo
10-27-2007, 07:56 PM
best wishes for your dad...

and thank you for sharing your concerns with us...

patteeu
10-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Good luck, Papasmurf. You too, Luv. I hope everything works out for you guys.

ROYC75
10-27-2007, 09:33 PM
You got it young lady, tell him to get well soon.....

vincent
10-27-2007, 10:06 PM
When a man asks for a beer, he wants a beer dammit!

Just messin'....

Hoping for the best...

big nasty kcnut
10-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Hope papa is ok luv you need anything just pm me and i'll give you my number so we can talk ok. May the lord watch over him and give him a light beer.

luv
10-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Hope papa is ok luv you need anything just pm me and i'll give you my number so we can talk ok. May the lord watch over him and give him a light beer.
LMAO

The Lord will have to, because I'd get in trouble trying to sneak one in!

Mr. Flopnuts
10-28-2007, 12:38 AM
LMAO

The Lord will have to, because I'd get in trouble trying to sneak one in!

LMAO Best wishes to your pops.

crazycoffey
10-28-2007, 03:25 AM
whoa, best wishes to the luv family.....

NUMBER7
10-28-2007, 06:43 AM
Luv, Prayers and thoughts are being sent to you and yours...take care of your father.

PastorMikH
10-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Luv, tell you dad I'm praying for him. Also, I think it would be a good idea to keep TK away from him prior to the stress test.:)

luv
10-28-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm not a morning person. He knows not to call me before noon. I went to sleep at 4:30, and he called me at 9:30 and asked if he woke me up. Heh.

He said his blood pressure is down to normal, which is a rarity for him. No caffeine for him today with the stress test in the morning, so I may take him a lemonade and some crackers to munch on.

I'll let him know you all are thinking of him. Thanks again. You guys are great!

Consistent1
10-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Just got a call from dad. He had a couple of dizzy spells at work, so they took him to the hospital. They're doing tests on his heart. They haven't found anything wrong yet, but he's admitted, and they're going to run a few more tests later.

Guess I should get around and get up there.

How about having a life and not posting on here. I love how people always try to get stickies and shit when the family has problems. You just wasted time getting there by posting. And no, I did not read the rest of the garbage on this thread. Luv can't get enough attention begging people to go out and shit, but a family deal will surely do it.

morphius
10-28-2007, 10:01 AM
How about having a life and not posting on here. I love how people always try to get stickies and shit when the family has problems. You just wasted time getting there by posting. And no, I did not read the rest of the garbage on this thread. Luv can't get enough attention begging people to go out and shit, but a family deal will surely do it.
One, she didn't ask for a sticky, two, prayers don't do a lot of help after the fact, lol.

PastorMikH
10-28-2007, 12:09 PM

How about lightening up a bit here. Papa Smurf has been around here since the BB started. A lot of posters here know him and have met him in person. He's even welcomed me into his home several times when I was in town. I guarantee I'm not the only one here that considers him a friend.

Personally, I thank the mods for making this a sticky. How about if you don't like it you just ignore it. If you can't ignore it don't bother posting 'till Papa Smurf is better and its removed.

Simplex3
10-28-2007, 12:23 PM
She's doing us a favor by keeping us informed as to the health of someone we know.

Now, please go play a spirited game of "hide and go f**k yourself".

Simplex3
10-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Just f**king go away.
I translated the Pastor's post for you Constipated1.

boogblaster
10-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Have them check his artery in his neck..that usually is where blockage is to the brain causing dizzyness and numb upperbody...Ive had quite a few older friends with that problem..it can be fixed easily by reaming that artery and aspirin theropy ...

luv
10-28-2007, 03:03 PM
I'd say go **** yourself, but that would require you having a dick.

luv
10-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Every test has come out fine. He'll get to go home once they run the stress test tomorrow. Blood sugar and blood pressure are both normal. He's definitely anxious to get home.

Simplex3
10-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Don't worry about this tool, just drop him on iggy.

Glad to hear your pops is doing well.

alanm
10-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Glad to hear every thing is good so far. Tomorrow will go fine as well. :thumb:

tmax63
10-28-2007, 06:47 PM
prayers and thoughts are with you and yours. May be late in posting but just got a chance to read it and prayers don't have time limits.

KS Smitty
10-28-2007, 06:56 PM
luv thanks for posting this, your dad is a sweetie and we're glad things are ok. We'll pray for you both and for a stressless stress test.

big nasty kcnut
10-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Thank god he didn't had the chiefs on this week to stress him out.

Deberg_1990
10-28-2007, 09:46 PM

Classy.....only 97 posts too....

keg in kc
10-29-2007, 01:12 AM
Nothing beats an asshole on a bulletin board telling somebody else on that very same board to get a life. And anonymous to boot.

Chickenshit pot, meet kettle.

Phobia
10-29-2007, 05:55 AM
I'm glad to hear he's gonna be fine. Best wishes for all.

BigRedChief
10-29-2007, 06:45 AM
ROFL Glad to hear Papasmurf is going to be okay.:clap:

PastorMikH
10-29-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm glad to hear he's gonna be fine. Best wishes for all.

Did I miss an update on today's tests on another thread?

Phobia
10-29-2007, 09:03 PM

Don't think so. I'm going off this post: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4329313&postcount=39

Frazod
10-29-2007, 09:10 PM

Who is this f#cking shit stain? :shake:

tommykat
10-29-2007, 09:13 PM

:shrug: Papa passed his stress test Mike and all is good. It was his blood pressure meds that he didn't have the right . Mike all is good, thanks for the prayers.

luv
10-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Sorry. I would have updated, but I had to go straight to work from the hospital after picking him up today. As tommykat said, he's fine. He passed his stress test. Changed some of his meds and put him on an aspirin regimen.

Thanks to you and everyone for the thoughts and prayers.