PDA

View Full Version : Happy Fathers Day To All The Dads

The Bad Guy
06-17-2001, 09:16 AM
I just wanted to wish all the fathers out there a Happy Fathers day.

I hope the day is a memorable one for all the fathers out there.

47mack
06-17-2001, 09:51 AM
Thank you

This is my first!!!

KCJohnny
06-17-2001, 02:14 PM
Frank,
You are doing absolutely nothing at all to advance the cause of fatherhood with that Bart Simpson graphic.

KCJ

The Bad Guy
06-17-2001, 02:31 PM
Proctor,

That Bart Simpson graphic has been in my signature for 2 months now.

I wasn't trying to advance the cause of fatherhood, I was merely wishing a Happy Fathers day to all the fathers.

If it's that big of a deal to you, ignore my signature. It's designed for moments like this.

KCJohnny
06-17-2001, 02:50 PM
Frank,
If you are a father (or ever become one) you would understand what I am talking about.
Forgive me for appealing to your nobler instincts.

KCJ
Father of Four

old_geezer
06-17-2001, 04:22 PM
Johnny

You managed to take a simple happy Father's Day wish and find something to complain about in that. I am a father and I'm not sure what your problem is. Go back to bad-mouthing the Chiefs at every chance you get.

Thanks Frank, I'll accept that Happy Father's Day wish. :)

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
06-17-2001, 08:35 PM
Frank,

As a father I have No probs with your signature. If others do, you can turn off graphics on your machine, and never have to worry about it.

You going to make the Skins/Chiefs tailgaiting I'm putting together?

KS Smitty
06-17-2001, 08:35 PM
Smitty had a good Father's Day, spent the day with the in-laws, my Dad's been gone for 7 years, had some excellent food and company, saw the newest member of the family, 3 days old. Fatherhood is great especially with a great family.

The Bad Guy
06-17-2001, 08:49 PM
Misplaced,

I will be there with bells on if I score a ticket to the game.

You can count me in if my friend who works the games can get me in the stadium.

Email me at hotsteperr@aol.com and you can tell me some specifics.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
06-17-2001, 09:03 PM
Frank,

Sounds good.

No definite plans yet. I'll be bringing my Weber and the White family's BBQ sauce. We'll divy up the brat and beer requirements once it gets closer and we're pretty sure who's coming or not.

Mosbonian
06-17-2001, 10:10 PM
Frank:

Thank you...

This year's Father's Day took on a more special sense for me.

Due to a job move I have not been able to spend as much time with my son & daughter as I needed to. As a Father's day present to them I set aside one day for each of them to spend a full day doing what they wanted. Saturday I spent doing everything my daughter wanted to do, from reading books to playing Nintendo to a Barbie Tea Party to ice cream at the local Baskin Robbins to coloring.

Today I spent all day with my son playing Star Wars, reading books about Dinosaurs, riding bikes, and going to see the Disney flick "Atlantis", which we both enjoyed.

What is so sad is that these are things i should get to do every day, but haven't had the opportunity with my new job. Too bad it took a weekend like this one to remind me of my rules I had laid down for myself and had forgotten... "Family is 1st, and if not the job isn't worth it..."

mark
got the best present a father could get on Father's Day, a gentle reminder of priorities

Zach
06-17-2001, 10:41 PM
I'm not a father, but one father that needs to learn a lesson is Victor Riley. That is so shameful. I've met Victor and he was a nice guy and to see this happen is simply uncalled for.

Anyway my father has worked nights since I can remember to put food on the table, put clothes on my back, and take me to Chiefs games. I can't thank him enough for what he's done--and I know the kids of the fathers on this board would do the same.

And no, my dad doesn't have a problem with Bart Simpson, maybe with Proctor--but not Bart Simpson...lol
:D

Zach

California Injun
06-18-2001, 12:28 AM
I'm jsut wondering if that Tanner's waitress was able to hook up with Marty to celebrate Father's Day for her 2 year-old...