PDA

View Full Version : Is Chiefsplanet fading away?

Clint in Wichita
06-19-2001, 09:50 AM
Why does it seem that this site is becoming more and more deserted, while Pigskinpark.com seems to be bustling with activity?

Remember this?

http://www.kcgannonfan.homestead.com/

That should be enough to keep you away from that site. Some idiot actually made her a MODERATOR over there!!!!

Does anyone know who picked the mods? I can't believe a Raider fan is a moderator of a KC site. It actually kinda pi$$es me off!!

Mark M
06-19-2001, 10:05 AM
Clint--
I post at both places depending on the topic. I do like the differentiating forums.

This is still my home, however. And the more I read Thomas' crap, the more I like this place. Once football season starts, I'll probably post here exclusively.

MM
~~Likes a change of scenery every now and then.

BIG_DADDY
06-19-2001, 10:12 AM
I actually agree with Clint :eek:

BIG DADDY

Is at home.:)

Cormac
06-19-2001, 10:14 AM
They don't get much activity over there at all as far as I can tell. I just post there if I can't log on here, or if there is something interesting. The Planet still rules :D

NaptownChief
06-19-2001, 10:17 AM
Planet is not fading away...Just the summer lag before training camp starts...BTW, I've never been to pigskin park nor will I...

HC_Chief
06-19-2001, 10:22 AM
I post on both boards... I like 'em both. :D

The only forum 'fading away' (and that really sucks): NFLTalk. :(

Lzen
06-19-2001, 10:32 AM
Geez, I hadn't seen Denise's Gannon worship page. That's just plain sick. I'm disgusted. If you're a Chiefs fan, you're a Chiefs fan. There's no way in hell you can be both a Raiders fan and a Chiefs fan. If you say that you are, you're not a true fan, IMO. Sure, it's ok to hope he does well. I hope Elvis does well in Baltimore. However, if they meet up with the Chiefs in the playoffs, I hope the Chiefs pound him into the ground.

Oh yeah, I post on both boards, too. Although, I gotta say that somebody screwed up in letting her be a moderator.

seclark
06-19-2001, 10:33 AM
i go to pp every once in awhile, but have only posted once or twice. no major problems w/it...just like it better here.

your posts/views are fun to read, clint...just think you shouldn't sugar coat everything and say what you really think sometimes.
sec

Warrior5
06-19-2001, 10:53 AM
I don't see how the Planet is fading. We have a lull right now due to the lack of Chiefs' news. The Park is abysmal right now. The Pen stays active because it is consistently fueled by Logical and DaWolf exchanging political shots with Sofeisty, Thomas, Hank, and Oleman.
I think the Planet is doing fine.

JohninGpt
06-19-2001, 11:00 AM
PigSkinPark has three areas, one for football, one for baseball, and one for NFBT's. Each of these areas has it's own moderators. In the football area (The Park) the moderators are Jawaba, who owns the site, DenverChief2, Gaz, and Morphius, all of whom are Planet regulars.
Denise is a moderator for the NFBT area, if you don't like her views stay out of that area. I stay out of that area because of a few raving democrats spamming the board with twisted propaganda. I like the park and the Mound (baseball) though.

John
-Bi-Boardal Semi-Lurker

BIG_DADDY
06-19-2001, 11:04 AM
BTW, I don't agree that the planet is fading away, only that I wouldn't want to participate in a forum run by Denise.

BIG DADDY

Might be fun to troll there though. ;)

HC_Chief
06-19-2001, 11:16 AM
<i>Why does it seem that this site is becoming more and more deserted</i> - it's called THE OFFSEASON. It sucks, I know...

DaWolf
06-19-2001, 11:31 AM
Park is getting more activity? I replied to a post the other week and after 3 days no one had responded to it and only 2 posts moved above it...

The Bad Guy
06-19-2001, 12:24 PM
I don't have a distaste for Denise like most, but that fan site is the biggest crock I have ever seen.

It's one thing to respect a player, it's another to have Raider logos covering the page.

You CANNOT be a fan of both teams. Once you decided to throw the Raider logo up there, you switched your colors to silver and black Denise.

You couldn't pay me enough money to pose in a picture with Jon Gruden. Yes, I respect the man, but I also loathe the Raiders more than any team in professional sports.

Clint in Wichita
06-19-2001, 12:53 PM
The Planet is my favorite Chiefs BB also. Even though this is the offseason, it seemed like there was much more discussion on the old KC Star BB during the summer. Maybe that's because there is no Grbac debate this year...that kept us going for two entire offseasons!!

I need some friggin' football NOW!!

MrBlond
06-19-2001, 01:07 PM
Clint,
Don't forget the Dillon saga. That ate up most of all last off-season.

Phobia
06-19-2001, 01:45 PM
I posted extensively over there for a while. However, due to job requirements and just being fed up with the political debating (if you can call it that), I rarely read or post there any longer.

We'll see how things go during the regular season, though.

Alton deFlat
06-19-2001, 02:56 PM
while pigskinpark.com seems to be bustling with activity?
With only 10 resposes to football threads today, I don't think it's exactly bustling.
I do agree with you about the Gannon shrine. Glenn Close-like.

oleman47
06-19-2001, 06:26 PM
Maybe its dying because of hostility to Denise.

alanm
06-19-2001, 06:32 PM
Clint, You gotta remember that a lot of people I hope don't spend and exorborent amount of time in front of their keyboard while the weather is nice outside. And also tis the time of not much happening right now. Pigskin park on the other hand has a response maybe one an hr? This board is Grand Central Station compared to the Park. :D

HC_Chief
06-19-2001, 08:00 PM
<i>Maybe its dying because of hostility to Denise.</i>

wtf are you babbling about ole? You know, your tirades are really starting to annoy me. At least you have the common decency to keep them on the Pen - and you tend to refrain from spamming. For that I thank you!

redhed
06-19-2001, 08:30 PM
No way, no how.

This site gets a lot of posts in one day. Even now, in the summer before training camp.

If you want to see a fade, try going to any college hoops board at this time!!

kcred
06-19-2001, 08:32 PM
Not that I can see, as everyone has stated, slow time for news, not just the Chiefs but the NFL. Worst of all, we are now entering almost a complete dead zone until the end of July.

Logical
06-19-2001, 08:38 PM
This board is much busier for Football, there is no question. I come here for the football talk and use the park only if this BB is down.

I more than help Jawaba by keeping my political, and other NFBT primarily at the pen. If a good NFBT is going here I will jump in but I respect the fact that there are some posters over here who really desire this BB to be primarily about football.

On the topic of Denise, all I will say is she probably wears nice shoes!

If anyone wants to understand that just ask.

Mult9
09-04-2002, 08:18 PM
Guess what I found?

chief52
09-04-2002, 08:36 PM
I do not have any numbers to back it up...possibly someone does...but this site seems much busier this offseason than it was a year ago. I thought is was busier.

chief husker
09-04-2002, 08:38 PM
Kiss my ass clit; sorry I mean Clint

Frazod
09-04-2002, 08:40 PM
Fading away?

I've noticed no drop off at all.

And God knows I'm here enough... :rolleyes:

chief husker
09-04-2002, 08:41 PM
Clint, you're voice would be missed if you ever left the Planet.I don't think the other BB's compare. Stay here. Football news reigns supreme at the Planet. This is where it happens. Good to stir the pot however.

NaptownChief
09-04-2002, 08:42 PM
This site seems pretty damn active to me...Like Logical said, this board tends to stay more on football topics and for that I am greatful. But due to that it will be a little slower until the season kicks off.

But don't kid yourself, drop a juicy religious or political thread on this board it will light up faster than a Raider fan's mother after her nightly trick.

chief husker
09-04-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by NaptownChief
This site seems pretty damn active to me...Like Logical said, this board tends to stay more on football topics and for that I am greatful. But due to that it will be a little slower until the season kicks off.

But don't kid yourself, drop a juicy religious or political thread on this board it will light up faster than a Raider fan's mother after her nightly trick.

No kidding. I have told the one about the catholic priest?

Clint in Wichita
09-04-2002, 08:52 PM
Duh, my original post is over a year old. At the time, it seemed accurate. Of course, it is totally obsolete now.

hawaiianboy
09-04-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by r8er_h8er
Guess what I found?

A need for attention?....

chief52
09-04-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Clint in Wichita
Duh, my original post is over a year old. At the time, it seemed accurate. Of course, it is totally obsolete now.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Did not notice the date. Looks like h8er dig a little digging in the archives!

Taco John
09-04-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by hawaiianboy

A need for attention?....

ROFL :LOL: ROFL

Taco
(What the hell am I laughing at?);)

papasmurf
09-04-2002, 09:18 PM
I need a beer.

Frazod
09-04-2002, 09:18 PM
I've been duped... :grr:

Chiefs Pantalones
09-04-2002, 10:26 PM
:LOL:

papasmurf
09-04-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by frazod
I've been duped... :grr:
Is that the same a drugged?

Frazod
09-04-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by papasmurf

Is that the same a drugged?

Not unless the wife slipped something into my iced tea... :spock:

Mr Grimm
09-04-2002, 10:49 PM

Not unless the wife slipped something into my iced tea... :spock:

shes lived with you for how long....and you dont think shes picked up some of yer tricks????;)

Frazod
09-04-2002, 10:50 PM
Well, I never drugged her...

Although most who've seen us together probably think I did :D

Mr Grimm
09-04-2002, 10:56 PM
Well, I never drugged her...

Although most who've seen us together probably think I did :D

well....with a face like this

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/custom_avatars/avatar94_11.gif

who would ever ponder you doing sucha thing......:D

Frazod
09-04-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Grimm

well....with a face like this....http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/custom_avatars/avatar94_11.gif

who would ever ponder you doing sucha thing......:D

ROFL

The scary thing is I sort of look like Pyle - except I have a goutee.

:evil:

Mr Grimm
09-04-2002, 10:59 PM

ROFL

The scary thing is I sort of look like Pyle - except I have a goutee.

:evil:

and the whole hair thing.......;)

Frazod
09-04-2002, 10:59 PM

Bite me! :grr:

:p

JOhn
09-04-2002, 11:00 PM