PDA

View Full Version : TSN not giving Chiefs much love in their "Support Group"...

DaWolf
06-20-2001, 12:10 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/support/chiefs.html

At least they pick us to have a shot at 8-8. The guy who did Seattle yesterday said they were going 6-10. Looks like San Diego, Seattle and Oakland are getting most of the love this offseason, which is cool. The article in itself is not really worth reading, as it is the same superficial stuff we've read from other places. The only interesting stat was that against Oakland, Denver and Seattle, we gave up on average 155 yards rushing a game last year. Funny thing is we won 4 of those 6 games...

HC_Chief
06-20-2001, 12:15 PM
Why the love affair with San Diego? Sure they are improved - ANYTHING is an improvement over 1-15!!

DaWolf
06-20-2001, 12:23 PM
IMO Doug Flutie is overrated and will get exposed this year, especially at 38...

Phobia
06-20-2001, 12:27 PM
Could we please cease discussion about San Diego's record last year?

Everytime it is brought up, I'm reminded that Warren Moon was the "1" in 1-15.

HC_Chief
06-20-2001, 12:29 PM
Warren Moon is no longer our concern ;)

The thing that always reminds me of: Grbac's total p*ssy attitude. "Oh, my pinky hurts. Think I'll sit out a division road game..."

Good riddance! :D

Phobia
06-20-2001, 12:31 PM
And THAT is the only consolation for us, HC. That's why I pushed that loss off on Moon - I couldn't bear to think our beloved Chiefs actually lost that game. I think I'd have rather had Leaf behind Center than Moon.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
06-20-2001, 12:37 PM
If Gramps was doing so poorly in that game, <b>WHY, OH WHY</b> didn't they swap Collins out for him at halftime. If (as some bulliten board posters will have you believe), he'll be our saviour one the "injury-prone" Green gets knocked out, why didn't the coaching staff use him to save that game.

I think that Collins is just good enough to hold the clipboard. If Bubby doesn't retire, I'll lay even money that he beats Collins out for the 2nd QB position.

EEEK!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

HC_Chief
06-20-2001, 12:42 PM
<b>If</b> Bubby <i>does</i> retire - which, I don't think will happen after seeing him perform fabulously at mini-camp, I hope to all that is holy we sign Dilfer! He's about on par with Grbac - and after seeing Collins flail through mini-camp, I know he's a better choice for our #2! :)

Lzen
06-20-2001, 12:42 PM
Mispaced,
I've got 3 words for ya......the three stooges.
Need I say more?

DaWolf
06-20-2001, 12:43 PM
Because, as Dumbther explained after the game, he kept assuming Moon and the team would come alive and score more. Which is why he didn't go for 2 either. That's the problem with Dumbther, always assuming, never adjusting...

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
06-20-2001, 12:53 PM
Actually, I think us adding Dilfer would be an outstanding decision. I know Washington didn't take him because Marty was afraid that the players would gravitate toward him rather than Jeff George and Marty was afraid of a locker-room QB controversy.

Nothing like getting turned down for a job because you're too nice and personable
:D

Cormac
06-20-2001, 01:32 PM
I'm on the Dilfer wagon too. After seeing how Green is taking a while to recover fully, we might really need a back-up. Unless Collins shows without doubt he's ready to do a sufficient job (i.e. throttle Brister in TC), we need Dilfer IMO.

htismaqe
06-20-2001, 03:15 PM
I hope we don't have to sign another QB. I hope Collins can fill the #2 role good enough, and that Green stays healthy so we don't have to see the #2.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
06-20-2001, 03:43 PM
Parker,

I wish I had your faith, but I have absolutely <b>NO</b> confidence in Collins. If he couldn't beat out Moon, ...

(shakes head saddly)

htismaqe
06-20-2001, 03:46 PM
MCF,

I think Collins' inability to start over Moon had less to do with Collins' ability and much, much more to do with Dumbther's relentless infatuation with aged veterans who ripped off their sleeves...

TEX
06-20-2001, 05:49 PM
I'd say it was an ACCURATE read on the state of things. I've maintained all along that the Chiefs could finish in last place in the West this year and will finish no better than 4th place. All the teams in the division have improved more than the Chiefs and our schedule is about as hard as it gets. Still, the Chiefs have made all the right moves. Next year, when we add a legit RB and a stud DL or LB, we'll make some noise. Until then, we're bottom feeders, but you can bet this staff will get everything out of this team. We also will NOT lose games because of POOR COACHING! That will be a WELCOME CHANGE!

DaWolf
06-20-2001, 07:05 PM
See, I kinda disagree, because I don't buy into the Chiefs needing to make more moves than all these other teams did. Sometimes the talent is already there, and it takes good coaching to put them in situations where they can succeed. I feel that this is a good team that was poorly managed the last two years. I feel it is good that we maintained our core nucleus of guys, and if guys like Trent Green can come in and galvanize that locker room, we'll be better off. Now the big question marks remain, IE how will Trent Green play, how will Priest Holmes play, or TRich with an expanded role, will Cat step it up, and can someone take over that 3 spot at reciever, can our corners step up, can we plug the middle without Chet? Admittedly, those are all questions that make it necessary to predict this team won't be that good. But I think the talent is there, and if the coaching staff puts in sound schemes and give the players a vision and direction, let them know what their job is, and put them in a position to be successful, it would not surprise me to see this team come out of nowhere. IMO the talent is there, sure we could use more, and we'll probably be able to do that next year. But this team made just as important a change if not more important than any other divisional rival made, and that is bringing in a competent coaching staff (on paper) filled with guys who have won rings. These guys put the foundation in place and determine in large part how our players will perform with the scheme, gameplans, prep, motivation, and attitude...