PDA

View Full Version : How to watch a Chiefs game.

Halfcan
11-05-2007, 12:22 PM
1. Bet against them. When they fumble and bumble away the game, it makes you laugh instead of getting pissed off.

2. Drink lots of beer-this goes with #1-I swear the Chiefs are freakin funny the way they come up with new ways to suck and lose games.

3. Only focus on the positives-Example. Tony G had a great game and passed 2 legends on the All time Receptions list.

4. Expect them to lose, that way you are not disapointed.

5. Expect horrible 6th grade play calling and poor execution.

6. Expect Herm to make dumb time out calls and poor game time coaching.

7. Keep in mind-every loss is a better draft pick.

8. Forget about the playoff talk-this team is nowhere close to an elite team on either side of the ball.

9. A winning record and playoff birth-only gives Carl another year to jerk us around while raising ticket prices for the 20th time out of 21 years.

10. In close games-turn off the TV and read a good book-you know we blew it-so why watch the car wreck??

These tips should improve your game watching fun and not leave you bitter on Monday.

Does anyone have any suggestions to add???

Chest Rockwell
11-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Speculate wildly about the type and severity of injuries.

|Zach|
11-05-2007, 12:26 PM
You guys are drama queens.

They played hard. Did some stupid things. Did some good things. It is called sports. There are a lot of things we have to work on but it was a hard fought loss. This team has a lot of good things...

beach tribe
11-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Suck off Mecca, while he tells you what to post.

|Zach|
11-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Suck off Mecca, while he tells you what to post.
ROFL

Mr. Laz
11-05-2007, 12:30 PM
i find that "Drunk" works best

seclark
11-05-2007, 12:33 PM
i listened to the game on the radio in my truck.

pulled around to the back yard, opened up the cooler and started drinking cold brewskies, while the wife painted the fence around the back porch.

in between plays, i yelled at her, pointing out spots she'd missed.

outside of the loss, it was pretty enjoyable.
sec

|Zach|
11-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Weird.

burt
11-05-2007, 12:38 PM

Tried that Sunday...didn't like the results.......won't do it again.

sd4chiefs
11-05-2007, 01:02 PM
10. In close games-turn off the TV and read a good book-you know we blew it-so why watch the car wreck??

Does anyone have any suggestions to add???

If the game is close in the 4th quarter I pause my TIVO and wait about 20 minutes. I then FF thru the rest of the game. This keeps me from going completely insane.

Halfcan
11-05-2007, 04:57 PM
You guys are drama queens.

They played hard. Did some stupid things. Did some good things. It is called sports. There are a lot of things we have to work on but it was a hard fought loss. This team has a lot of good things...

This thread was meant to be sarcastic. I am not sure how you came up with Drama Queen out of that.

|Zach|
11-05-2007, 05:01 PM
This thread was meant to be sarcastic. I am not sure how you came up with Drama Queen out of that.
Because your posts usually consist of woe is me type stuff like you should be on the cross for being a Chiefs fan.

I guess I just don't really believe the post above mine.

Halfcan
11-05-2007, 05:04 PM
I posted this thread after listening to fans call into the sports shows today as if we lost the SB or something. I was shocked that people thought we could actually beat the best team in the NFC.

The blind homerism by Chiefs fans, even makes Cubs fans cringe sometimes.

evolve27
11-05-2007, 05:05 PM
#7 is a good one, keeps me neutral.

Bump
11-05-2007, 05:07 PM
without those 2 big plays we woulda won. I was wondering why Donnie Edwards was covering Jennings on that TD bomb. But it's Brett Favre we were playing against

Halfcan
11-05-2007, 05:15 PM
without those 2 big plays we woulda won. I was wondering why Donnie Edwards was covering Jennings on that TD bomb. But it's Brett Favre we were playing against

A national sports guy on Petro stated it very well today-Herm likes to keep things close, keep the score down, and let his D make a big play....

You can't do that against a QB that has made a career of throwing deep.

We had a week to straighten this Offense out-Solari even had a full page article in the KC Star stating that we need to do better on 1st down-well no shit. But we came out with the dink and dunk, run up the middle play calling.

Poor coaching, all the way around.

|Zach|
11-05-2007, 05:16 PM
I posted this thread after listening to fans call into the sports shows today as if we lost the SB or something. I was shocked that people thought we could actually beat the best team in the NFC.

The blind homerism by Chiefs fans, even makes Cubs fans cringe sometimes.
You think sports call in fans represent Chiefs fans in general?

I disagree. People that call into sports shows are a totally different animal than most Chiefs fans or fans of any team\sport.

Bump
11-05-2007, 05:17 PM
A national sports guy on Petro stated it very well today-Herm likes to keep things close, keep the score down, and let his D make a big play....

You can't do that against a QB that has made a career of throwing deep.

We had a week to straighten this Offense out-Solari even had a full page article in the KC Star stating that we need to do better on 1st down-well no shit. But we came out with the dink and dunk, run up the middle play calling.

Poor coaching, all the way around.

ya, it's definately tough being a Chiefs fan isn't it? Any coach that doesn't want to score points should not be a head coach in the NFL. Keeping games close will only get you so far.

digi2fish
11-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Only root for the D, it works.

Halfcan
11-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Only root for the D, it works.

I was pleased with the D for the most part-Boone was an animal.

Halfcan
11-05-2007, 05:37 PM
You think sports call in fans represent Chiefs fans in general?

I disagree. People that call into sports shows are a totally different animal than most Chiefs fans or fans of any team\sport.

I didnt state that the represent ALL Chiefs fans. But the meltdown on the Planet yesterday and the general sentiments from many fans from several sports shows-would be an indicator that fans in general were upset.

|Zach|
11-05-2007, 05:40 PM
I didnt state that the represent ALL Chiefs fans. But the meltdown on the Planet yesterday and the general sentiments from many fans from several sports shows-would be an indicator that fans in general were upset.
I see what you are saying...

But, I still don't see members here and sports call in people as a representation of a fan base.

I think we are the equivalent of a fringe extremist wing of a political party.

Eleazar
11-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Sports call-in shows: GED optional

Halfcan
11-05-2007, 05:46 PM
I see what you are saying...

But, I still don't see members here and sports call in people as a representation of a fan base.

I think we are the equivalent of a fringe extremist wing of a political party.

The thread was a joke, wow take off your serious hat already.

|Zach|
11-05-2007, 05:52 PM
The thread was a joke, wow take off your serious hat already.
Ok, well uhhh...I was just responding to your previous post? :hmmm:

Hootie
11-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Herm had all 3 TO's when he needed them yesterday...I guess that was poor clock management.

Bwana
11-05-2007, 05:55 PM
I was in Salt Lake Shitty helping a guy out at a marketing conference most of last week and hit the highway for Idaho Falls to visit my brother and his family on the way back to Billings yesterday. I listened to the 1st quarter and a half of the game in the car and when I hit Idaho Falls my brother and I went to some sports bar. The Gator? I had my Holmes Jersey on and when I walked in, there were a few other guys sporting Chiefs gear, but a lot more Packer fans. Hell, the few Chiefs fans made twice the noise and raised a lot more hell than all the Packer fans. :) The only thing that helped the pain of watching that douche bag Huard, was the fact that next to the Chiefs game was the Lions/Donks game. There were a few donk fans sitting around to abuse. I kept giving them shit about the score and one chimed in with "Your guys are losing too." I just shot back with "yeah true, but at least we are not getting out ass kicked 40-6 by the ****ing Lions!" Heh, good times.

Halfcan
11-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Herm had all 3 TO's when he needed them yesterday...I guess that was poor clock management.

Herm ALWAYS has all of his time outs dumbass!

He only calls a timeout when he is trying to ICE our own kicker or right before he challanges a call. Someone needs to tell him that the clock will stop when you challange a call.

Hootie
11-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Herm ALWAYS has all of his time outs dumbass!

He only calls a timeout when he is trying to ICE our own kicker or right before he challanges a call. Someone needs to tell him that the clock will stop when you challange a call.
That makes no sense.

The only time I thought Herm could've used a timeout last game was when the Packers were stopped on 3rd down and set up that field goal 2 minutes before half...Herm could've used a timeout to give us the ball with 2 minutes instead of 1:30 but it didn't matter because we proceeded to go 3 and out anyways...but then Favre threw a pick and it ended up in a TD for us so it actually worked to our advantage.

The Herm can't manage a playclock MYTH has yet to surface in Kansas City.

headsnap
11-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Because your posts usually consist of woe is me type stuff like you should be on the cross for being a Chiefs fan.

and your posts consist of holier-than-thou sanctimonious stuff like we should be kissing your toes for being a part of this board. :harumph:

|Zach|
11-05-2007, 06:05 PM
and your posts consist of holier-than-thou sanctimonious stuff like we should be kissing your toes for being a part of this board. :harumph:
If you get that from reading anyone on Chiefs Planet than it seems like the issue is more with you than anyone.

Weird.

headsnap
11-05-2007, 06:09 PM
If you get that from reading anyone on Chiefs Planet than it seems like the issue is more with you than anyone.

Weird.

no, just you...

and thank you for that post, I feel vindicated!

|Zach|
11-05-2007, 06:11 PM
no, just you...

and thank you for that post, I feel vindicated!
Vindication to you! Glad I could give you what you were seeking out in this thread. :hmmm: ROFL ROFL

ValidationPlanet.com

Come around if you are feelin a lil empty. ROFL

Halfcan
11-05-2007, 06:13 PM
That makes no sense.

The only time I thought Herm could've used a timeout last game was when the Packers were stopped on 3rd down and set up that field goal 2 minutes before half...Herm could've used a timeout to give us the ball with 2 minutes instead of 1:30 but it didn't matter because we proceeded to go 3 and out anyways...but then Favre threw a pick and it ended up in a TD for us so it actually worked to our advantage.

The Herm can't manage a playclock MYTH has yet to surface in Kansas City.

I guess you have missed every Herm game he has ever coached.

EXP. Webb made a tight catch which was likely out of bounds-instead of running a quick play-even if we downed the ball-we huddle up. While we are huddling-GB has plenty of time to watch the play repeatedly before finally throwing the flag.

headsnap
11-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Vindication to you! Glad I could give you what you were seeking out in this thread. :hmmm: ROFL ROFL
not to me, just a post...