PDA

View Full Version : Morris has successful knee surgery, it is NOT career threatning...

Chiefs Pantalones
06-22-2001, 08:56 PM
on kcchiefs.com.

CG

good news, IMO.

chief52
06-22-2001, 09:06 PM
Who knows?

Chiefs Pantalones
06-22-2001, 09:07 PM
Huh?

TEX
06-22-2001, 09:11 PM
Petterson chose his words very carefully. It's not career threatning, but it's not good either. Anytime an ACL is involved , there is room for concern. This one's gonna hurt!

Chiefs Pantalones
06-22-2001, 09:13 PM
TX,

What do you think the chances are of a WR coming back from this type of injury? I can't think of any that did, and played at the same level when they got back, can you?

I asked this question last night, but I think it got overlooked?

CG

chief52
06-22-2001, 09:15 PM
Cody G...

Was the huh directed at my post? Sorry for the shorthand that you were unable to pick up on. "Who knows" means who has any sort of clue as to how this will affect his future in football at this early point? No one...absolutely no one. I hope it all works out.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-22-2001, 09:18 PM
Chief52,

Yes it was directed toward your post, sorry, I should have been more forward myself. Sorry about that.

I think you're right, we have no idea how this will develop.

TEX
06-22-2001, 09:21 PM
Cody,
50/50. The thing that's bad about this type of injury is that it will be hard to make cuts. There is also the possibility of swelling at any given moment which further hampers movement. Plus, if not rehabed proparly, there is always the risk of tearing it again. It happened to one of Miami's receivers a few years ago. He was alo a number 1 draft pick. On the other hand, if it heals right, it could be as good as new. However, there is more of a chance that it will never be as good as new. :confused:

chief52
06-22-2001, 09:22 PM
Cody G.

After reading post # 4 I belive we are on the same wave length. Hopefully it all works out.

milkman
06-22-2001, 10:03 PM
A knee, after surgery to repair a tear, is never as good as new.
The most important thing is to be careful not to rush back before the knee is fully rehabbed. Jerry Rice came back to soon, and paid the price of rushing.

But with a successful surgery and proper rehab, the knee can be relied on for a number of years, and the player can be expected to do everything on the field, including making cuts.

In years to come, arthritus can become a problem.

I've had reconstructive knee surgery (torn ACL, and MCL) so I speak from experience.

DaWolf
06-22-2001, 10:14 PM
It'll be interesting to see how Joey Galloway comes back from it....

Chiefs Pantalones
06-22-2001, 11:23 PM
Anyone,

I'm looking for Derrick Mayes 40 time, but I can't get it, it gets stuck. Does anyone know Mayes 40 time, please? I'm just wondering.

CG

thanks

rexrx
06-23-2001, 07:25 AM
Cody, Derrick Mays has never been a "speed" guy. His season was totally wiped out last year by injuries and I think a rift developed with Holmgren (who brought him over from Green Bay).
2 years ago he had a monster year catching balls from John Kitna of all people. Galloway was holding out and Mays became a primary target and scored several TDs. He is not a burner, but if healthy, might be a nice pickup considering our glaring need for a veteran WR. I felt we needed WR help when Sly was healthy. Mays might be a "bargain" that will pay off . Our options our limited on veteran WRs at this point, considering salary restraints. This talk of Terry Glenn is interesting, but he'd be expensive and would need a couple of bell-hops to carry his "baggage". There's bound to be some other people available as we get closer to camp when the pressure's on for teams to sign their picks.

JimNasium
06-23-2001, 08:23 AM
I hope this doesn’t sound callous, but does anyone know if a player placed on injured reserve counts against the salary cap?

kcred
06-23-2001, 10:12 AM
As I stated on another thread, I am not sure, but I don't believe his salary counts against this years cap, other than the prorated signing bonus. Once on IR, he cannot return til next year.

philfree
06-23-2001, 10:50 AM
Siiiiighhh......I feel better. Hang in there Cat!

PhilFree :cool:

philfree
06-23-2001, 11:05 AM
He's young he'll make it back. I posted my sigh before I read any posts but some of you guys still seem pretty negative. Be positive! Could be worse.

PhilFree :cool:

ExtremeChief
06-24-2001, 05:52 AM
My concern is not so much if he can physically come back from this injury...he's young and rehabilitation shouldn't be a problem.

But missing his 2nd training camp in as many years and losing his starting job will definately take its toll. Not only from the mental aspect of "I was so close!". Just seeing someone else, whether it be Minnis or whoever, take your position would have to be disheartening. Hopefully, when he does return, he's ready to fight to get his job back. It will take extreme motivation and intestinal fortitude for him to return quickly and compete. Hopefully he's ready for the challenge.

keep your head up Slymo, and come back quickly...

HC_Chief
06-24-2001, 07:27 AM
Excellent news! :D

I'm glad you posted this info - I would have wondered how he was doing all week (going to Florida) Now I can relax and enjoy the sun(or rain); knowing SlyMo is okay ;)

tommykat
06-24-2001, 12:13 PM
ExtremeChief
I was just reading what you said about mentally how this can hurt Cat.......but I think from what Trent said that he would be behind him and help him all the way should keep his moral boosted! It's going to be a strange year without him though. I knew Sly had something last year and he will get through this just fine. At least we all care and hope the best for him.:)