PDA

View Full Version : Keep Johnson on the pine...

aturnis
11-11-2007, 12:13 PM
I don't care if the Broncos are the worst rush D in the NFL. Johnson would not make half the yards priest is...

MichaelH
11-11-2007, 12:27 PM
I don't care if the Broncos are the worst rush D in the NFL. Johnson would not make half the yards priest is...

Agreed. Not the LJ of this season. Maybe Hermie needs to start another diaper gate to make him angry.

Deberg_1990
11-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Yes, lets keep one of our top playmakers who makes a mint on the pine.

Some of you guys are high.

milkman
11-11-2007, 12:35 PM

Yeah......uh.........what plays has he made this season?

FAX
11-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Priest knows blocking, that's for sure.

FAX

MichaelH
11-11-2007, 12:37 PM

I am not high but I wish I was.
:p

LJ isn't the same. I can't answer why. He isn't angry. Or as angry. I was/am his biggest supporter as a fellow Penn Stater but he needs to figure out what he's doing. The O line sucks but he needs to do better than he has with Hootard at QB.

Spott
11-11-2007, 12:38 PM
I would rather have Priest in there.

jjjayb
11-11-2007, 12:38 PM
LJ's running style isn't suited to this line especially with teams stacking the box on us. Holmes is showing that a rb that can make the first guy miss is better suited for us.

Lj is a great runner when he gets a head of steam. Unfortunately this line doesn't give him a chance to get a head of steam. He is getting tackled behind the LOS too much. A guy like Holmes or Kolby can make the first guy coming after him behind the LOS miss and get through the hole for positive yardage.

Short Leash Hootie
11-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Meh.

Priest looks good BUT this is the Denver rush defense...let's see what he has next week against Indianapolis.

aturnis
11-11-2007, 12:42 PM
I just don't think Johnson's bringing the pain like he used to. He had an odd combination of patience and punishing running, and now...he puts a hand on the back on the blocker and hides behind him until he is taken down. He doesn't run with any purpose and doesn't even seem to TRY to make anything happen. Sorry, I'd rather have a high-priced guy set, and a reasonably priced guy perform.

Deberg_1990
11-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Yeah......uh.........what plays has he made this season?

I seem to remember a fairly nice catch and TD run last week.

aturnis
11-11-2007, 12:46 PM
I am removing my slanderous comment towards Hootie due to his new thread entitled "I'LL BE DEAD HONEST". Sorry.

milkman
11-11-2007, 12:48 PM
I seem to remember a fairly nice catch and TD run last week.

I was being a bit over the top to make a point.

Yeah, he's actually had a couple or three big plays this year, but that in no way qualifies him as a playmaker.