PDA

View Full Version : Every single snap Huard took was a WASTE.

the Talking Can
11-11-2007, 02:50 PM
We wasted the season, and the possible development of a young QB, for a piece of shit career backup loser, Carl, and some True Fans.

Yeah, it's a repost.

**** you if you don't like it.

Douche Baggins
11-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Huard took a beating. I'm thankful Brodie didn't have to.

siberian khatru
11-11-2007, 02:52 PM
It's a repost that should be reposted 100x.

Just in case some dumb****s still don't get it.

FringeNC

Croyle wouldn't have taken the beating Huard did. He makes quicker decisions and he release is much quicker.

'Can is 100% correct.

siberian khatru

Brodie wouldn't take as much of a beating because he can get rid of the ball.

siberian khatru
11-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah, what Fringe said.

Pooch
11-11-2007, 02:56 PM
At times today Brodie looked like an all pro!! Still green but I really feel we have something!!

Brock
11-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Croyle looked as though he might have a future. Should be interesting from here on out.

blueballs
11-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Brodie moved the ball
HUTARD lost his

KCChiefsFan88
11-11-2007, 03:00 PM
At least the Chiefs still have 7 more games to evaluate Croyle as a starting QB.

NUMBER7
11-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Croyke played fine today. He had 1 less interception and .1 average difference...big deal...now you understand it is the system...face it the Chef's suck in every aspect of the game.

chiefsfan987
11-11-2007, 03:15 PM
I really don't think it was that big of a deal. Croyle is going to play 8 games this year. For me, it would have only been a waste if the Chiefs had waited until week 14-15-16. Should he have been given the opportunity a little sooner, probably, but I think 8 games is plenty of playing time to get an idea of what we have in Brodie.

kcpasco
11-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Hopefully Croyle can go into Indy and light up the Colts then we would never here the name Damon Huard again.

Hey, I can dream can't I?
ROFL

cdcox
11-11-2007, 03:18 PM
I really don't think it was that big of a deal. Croyle is going to play 8 games this year. For me, it would have only been a waste if the Chiefs had waited until week 14-15-16. Should he have been given the opportunity a little sooner, probably, but I think 8 games is plenty of playing time to get an idea of what we have in Brodie.

If Croyle develops it will take at least 2 or 3 years for him to reach his full potential. By not playing him, we delayed that process by half a year.

kc1977
11-11-2007, 03:18 PM
This is utterly ridiculous. Herm waited 2 series too long to put Croyle in, but that is it. Halftime was the perfect time to do it, and we should have come away with a win today.

That said, Huard did exactly what we needed him to do this year. Croyle WAS NOT READY. There is no doubt about that. With another half-season of study and getting the offensive line somewhat stabilized (plus a RB in there now that will actually block for him), Croyle has a chance to succeed. A chance that he wouldn't have had the first half of the year. Not only that, he has a chance, with all liklihood, to be playing a 7 game regular season for the division, with the Chiefs, Broncos, and hopefully the Chargers 4-5 after tonight.

I seriously don't get people who think that the next logical step for a team that hasn't won a playoff game since 1993 is the Super Bowl. It is not. It is #1, a playoff shellacking (sp) as the #6 seed (which we got last year). Next, it is a home playoff win (which we actually have a fairly decent shot at this year). From there, it is about getting home field advantage.

Sure, some teams can go from terrible to Super Bowl, but not many. While I do not like many of Herm's individual decisions, when you look at the body of work since he arrived, we are continuing on the right road.

Baby Lee
11-11-2007, 03:19 PM
I said it the moment Huard was named starter, if Huard gives you the best chance to win, you have NO CHANCE TO WIN.

It's like me saying that sticking with body shots is the best chance for me to kick Mike Tyson's ass.

banyon
11-11-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm sure we saved Carl some money if Brodie would have wanted a contract renegotiation after a year's worth of stats.

Bwana
Hopefully Croyle can go into Indy and light up the Colts then we would never here the name Damon Huard again.

Hey, I can dream can't I?
ROFL

One would have to drink several tasty beverages and hit the crack pipe before having those type of deaams. :hmmm:

kc1977
If Croyle develops it will take at least 2 or 3 years for him to reach his full potential. By not playing him, we delayed that process by half a year.

Actually, playing him in the first half likely would have stunted his growth, and set him back several years, which in all liklihood would have ensured he never made a name for himself in this league. The beginning of the year was not the right situation to put him in. This is a better situation.

cdcox
11-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Actually, playing him in the first half likely would have stunted his growth, and set him back several years, which in all liklihood would have ensured he never made a name for himself in this league. The beginning of the year was not the right situation to put him in. This is a better situation.

I'm afraid you lost me when you said in your last post that we had a good chance to win a playoff game this year.

kcpasco
11-11-2007, 03:22 PM
One would have to drink several tasty beverages and hit the crack pipe before having those type of deaams. :hmmm:

After the first couple of minutes into the 3rd quarter I was reaching for the pipe.

penchief
11-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Croyle wouldn't have taken the beating Huard did. He makes quicker decisions and he release is much quicker.

'Can is 100% correct.

AND.......Croyle can make passes that can get caught by good receivers without any chance of being picked off (passes that if Huard had thrown, would have easily been picked off, IMO). I look at all the passes that Croyle threw that were so close to being big plays only to be deflected by good defensive backs (if Huard had tried those passes, IMO, they would have been easy interceptions).

The difference, IMO, is that Croyle puts pressure on the defense. He makes the defense adjust because he's capable of employing the entire field, whereas, Huard is a sitting duck because of his limited ability.

Brodie has a lot going for him. He has a star quarterback's mentality. He's got a great arm with above average accuracy and the daringness to make the most of it. He's got pocket presence and calmness under pressure that far exceed's Huard's. He has exhibited a nimbleness within the pocket and a quick read that allows him to make better decisions under pressure, IMO.

I wonder what the difference is between a couple big plays followed by an interception compared to three ineffective plays and a punt? The field position is basically the same but, imo, the difference being the ability of the offense to pressure the defense in ways, that not only leads to breakdowns, but which also leads to touchdowns by the offense. Eventually, offensive pressure will lead to offensive proficiency, IMO.

But until then, why not wear out their defense instead of ours?

Bwana
11-11-2007, 03:24 PM
After the first couple of minutes into the 3rd quarter I was reaching for the pipe.

LMAO

FringeNC
11-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Given that Herm made the decision to continue to go with Huard after disaster after disaster, how does Herm have any credibility as an effective head coach?

FAX
11-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Most of the time, this team appears just plain stupid.

Although the D seems improved in many respects, we are still giving up the big play on a regular basis and, far too often, we're demonstrating very poor tackling skills. If it were not for JA, I'm not sure the D would be at all respectable.

And, what can you say about our offense? Abysmal. Pitiful line play, dropped passes, bad routes, and utterly sickening playcalling at times. I was encouraged by Priest's ability to find a seam on occasion but, overall, we suck hard. Keeping in mind that the goats have a terrible rush D, Kolby really didn't show much of anything. An unbelievable turnaround in just two short years.

Then there are our special teams. Frankly, we don't even need a returner on our return teams. Just let the ball lie where it falls. At least that will cut down on penalties and possible injuries.

I particularly like what Herm has done with our legendary home field advantage. He's done a spectacular job of turning this around.

Normally, I'd be practically suicidal after a loss like this. We lost to a very, very bad goats team. Fortunately, the world has now seen Downfield for what he is and I don't see how even Herm can avoid making the switch at QB permanent. For that reason, I feel pretty good this afternoon. Brodie got some valuable game experience. Heck, if his receivers could have stepped it up a little, we might have even scored a touchdown today.

FAX

WilliamTheIrish
11-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Can is absolutely correct. But I don't blame Huard anymore than Can does.

This is all C.P.

penchief
11-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Given that Herm made the decision to continue to go with Huard after disaster after disaster, how does Herm have any credibility as an effective head coach?

IMO, this was the deciding game for Herm. I think this was the game that he would have wanted any "playoff-winning quarterback" to win.

I think Croyle showed that he was was more capable of moving the football. I don't think it should be a question anymore. However, I had a Bronco fan tell me that he fully expected Huard to start next week. Based on the past he's probably on the right side of that bet, but I hope he's wrong. I hope Herm's ready to go with Croyle for good now.

NUMBER7
11-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Most of the time, this team appears just plain stupid.

Although the D seems improved in many respects, we are still giving up the big play on a regular basis and, far too often, we're demonstrating very poor tackling skills. If it were not for JA, I'm not sure the D would be at all respectable.

And, what can you say about our offense? Abysmal. Pitiful line play, dropped passes, bad routes, and utterly sickening playcalling at times. I was encouraged by Priest's ability to find a seam on occasion but, overall, we suck hard. Keeping in mind that the goats have a terrible rush D, Kolby really didn't show much of anything. An unbelievable turnaround in just two short years.

Then there are our special teams. Frankly, we don't even need a returner on our return teams. Just let the ball lie where it falls. At least that will cut down on penalties and possible injuries.

I particularly like what Herm has done with our legendary home field advantage. He's done a spectacular job of turning this around.

Normally, I'd be practically suicidal after a loss like this. We lost to a very, very bad goats team. Fortunately, the world has now seen Downfield for what he is and I don't see how even Herm can avoid making the switch at QB permanent. For that reason, I feel pretty good this afternoon. Brodie got some valuable game experience. Heck, if his receivers could have stepped it up a little, we might have even scored a touchdown today.

FAX

Fax..the D run defense stinks. Another back has over 100 yards on us at home. Surtain, Sapp and Law are getting owned...the o line and coaching keep getting worse. IMHO I do not think this team has hit bottom yet.

FringeNC
11-11-2007, 03:43 PM

This is all C.P.

How is this on anyone but Herm Edwards? You think Dick Vermeil would have allowed Carl to choose his starting quarterback for him?

chris
11-11-2007, 03:48 PM
We wasted the season, and the possible development of a young QB, for a piece of shit career backup loser, Carl, and some True Fans.

Yeah, it's a repost.

lame post.

Glad you are such an expert on QB development and line protection.

Today was good day to make the change. Croyle is not beat up.

Now if only we could replace OLT and ORT.

ChiefsFanatic
11-11-2007, 03:50 PM

'Can is 100% correct.

He would not have taken the beating, but he would have thrown twice as many picks.

FringeNC
11-11-2007, 03:51 PM
lame post.

Glad you such an expert on QB development and line protection.

I'd trust Can's judgement over Curl and Herm any day.

banyon
11-11-2007, 03:54 PM
lame post.

Why is this week good and last week wasn't?

What makes you an expert on NFL roster management? It's silly to try to play that card and then state the opposite opinion.

CrazyHorse
11-11-2007, 03:58 PM
This is utterly ridiculous. Herm waited 2 series too long to put Croyle in, but that is it. Halftime was the perfect time to do it, and we should have come away with a win today.

That said, Huard did exactly what we needed him to do this year. Croyle WAS NOT READY. There is no doubt about that. With another half-season of study and getting the offensive line somewhat stabilized (plus a RB in there now that will actually block for him), Croyle has a chance to succeed. A chance that he wouldn't have had the first half of the year. Not only that, he has a chance, with all liklihood, to be playing a 7 game regular season for the division, with the Chiefs, Broncos, and hopefully the Chargers 4-5 after tonight.

I seriously don't get people who think that the next logical step for a team that hasn't won a playoff game since 1993 is the Super Bowl. It is not. It is #1, a playoff shellacking (sp) as the #6 seed (which we got last year). Next, it is a home playoff win (which we actually have a fairly decent shot at this year). From there, it is about getting home field advantage.

Sure, some teams can go from terrible to Super Bowl, but not many. While I do not like many of Herm's individual decisions, when you look at the body of work since he arrived, we are continuing on the right road.

Herm waited 9 and a half games too long.

chris
11-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Why is this week good and last week wasn't?

What makes you an expert on NFL roster management? It's silly to try to play that card and then state the opposite opinion.

Of course I'm not an expert on roster mgt. BUT I think we all agree that today a change needed to be made.

But to state that the entire season is wasted is really naive and needs to be challanged.

I hope Croyle keeps upright with the Oline we have.

How bad will be the score be next week???

Cochise
11-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Croyle proved once again that he can do anything at least as well as Hutard can.

Skip Towne
11-11-2007, 04:01 PM
He doesn't. He's a foot shuffling lackey.

banyon
11-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Of course I'm not an expert on roster mgt. BUT I think we all agree that today a change needed to be made.

But to state that the entire season is wasted is really naive and needs to be challanged.

I hope Croyle keeps upright with the Oline we have.

How bad will be the score be next week???

He didn't say the season, just Huard's snaps.

Bowe's development = good
Allen/DJ flourishing= good

LB corps solidifying = good

Stunting the growth of a QB who had already sat on the bench for a year and playing a 35 y/o career backup with no talent = bad

Cochise
11-11-2007, 04:09 PM
What pisses me off is not picking the wrong guy, it's that we wasted most of a season on a sh#tstain worthless retiree QB trying to limp into the playoffs. We could be half a season ahead of where we are now.

But nope - treasure the wild card hunt. Treasure the tiebreakers. Cherish the ~.500 season.

Oh Snap
11-11-2007, 04:28 PM
EXACTLY. it pissed me off.. it seemed no matter how bad it got with huard in there...herm kept with him..eventually hurting this team.

the Talking Can
11-11-2007, 04:33 PM

This is all C.P.

yes...to be clear, Huard is not ultimately responsible for Carl and Herm being dumb enough to actually play him...I bet Huard was as shocked as every non-True Fan was....

noa
11-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Yep. We wasted our time with Huard, and just like most of us knew, it was all for the glory of another 7-9 or 8-8 season.

the Talking Can
11-11-2007, 04:35 PM
lame post.

I am an expert. I'm your father too, bitch.

Take your Neo-True Fan ass over to Carl's house and cry.

Zouk
11-11-2007, 04:39 PM

Tony Romo and Derek Anderson disagree. You get better by learning off the field too.

Thig Lyfe
11-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Croyle is remarkably better than Huard at every facet of the quarterback position, and it shows when he's finally on the field. That pass to Bowe was beautiful; if Bowe had been half a step faster he would have had it.

Here's to Croyle finally getting a shot.

BCD
11-11-2007, 04:41 PM
I am an expert. I'm your father too, bitch.

Take your Neo-True Fan ass over to Carl's house and cry.LMAO

TEX
11-11-2007, 04:43 PM

Yeah, it's a repost.

Every game with Herm as HC is more of a waste. We're gonna sacrifice seasons rather than games. The guy is clueless, and he's adamant about it. :cuss:

the Talking Can
11-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Every game with Herm as HC is more of a waste. We're gonna sacrifice seasons rather than games. The guy is clueless, and he's adamant about it. :cuss:

stepping aside from the catharsis of finally getting rid of Huard, I'll try to be calm for a moment:

doesn't this game throw into question a lot of Herm's percieved strengths so far?

Defense?
Draft picks?
Plus losing at home again...

I liked a lot of what Herm had done aside from playing Huard, but what has he done really? It looks to me like we're getting worse, not better...

TEX
11-11-2007, 04:54 PM
stepping aside from the catharsis of finally getting rid of Huard, I'll try to be calm for a moment:

doesn't this game throw into question a lot of Herm's percieved strengths so far?

Defense?
Draft picks?
Plus losing at home again...

I liked a lot of what Herm had done aside from playing Huard, but what has he done really? It looks to me like we're getting worse, not better...

You're right. We are getting worse. It will be time for Herm to start throwing folks under the bus at season end. I've seen this act before from that talking turd. The longer he's coach, the more his incompetence surfaces. How he ever becamse a HC is beyond me.

Defense - We're nothing special. Very average.
Draft picks - The jury is still out
Losing at home again - Unacceptable

I'm sure he's saving his best trick for last - Ruining Croyle. :shake:

the Talking Can
11-11-2007, 04:57 PM
You're right. We are getting worse. It will be time for Herm to start throwing folks under the bus at season end. I've seen this act before from that talking turd. The longer he's coach, the more his incompetence surfaces. How he ever becamse a HC is beyond me.

Defense - We're nothing special. Very average.
Draft picks - The jury is still out
Losing at home again - Unacceptable

I'm sure he's saving his best trick for last - Ruining Croyle. :shake:

that's the catch-22...I'm thrilled that Croyle is playing but also a bit sad that he has to play for Herm...I think someone like Martz or that fat walrus dude in Seattle could mold him into something and really take advantage of his strenghs...i'd say there is a 50/50 chance that Herm and Solari **** his head up and make him play scared...