PDA

View Full Version : Is there still any question who we should have at QB NOW?

a1na2
11-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Brodie was sacked two times. The rest of the time I didn't see him even get bumped. He seemed to have plenty of time to throw the ball.

He actually did something I haven't seen this year. He avoided the defense and then threw the ball. AMAZING, after watching Hoover I didn't think that was possible in the NFL!

NUMBER7
11-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Brodie was sacked two times. The rest of the time I didn't see him even get bumped. He seemed to have plenty of time to throw the ball.

He actually did something I haven't seen this year. He avoided the defense and then threw the ball. AMAZING, after watching Hoover I didn't think that was possible in the NFL!

He played fine today. He had one less interception and .1 average yard difference and the Chef's scored 3 points.

DenverChief
11-11-2007, 03:07 PM
He played fine today. He had one less interception and .1 average yard difference and the Chef's scored 3 points.

and like 10 offsides penalties with the hard count in the final 2 mins

UteChief
11-11-2007, 03:07 PM
It was nice to see a qb avoid the rush and still throw on target.

Huffman83
11-11-2007, 03:08 PM
ďI havenít decided anything. Iíll wait till Monday.Ē
Herm Edward.

Count Zarth
11-11-2007, 03:08 PM
That's the dynamic passer I saw in River Falls!

ARROW2
11-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Goatse, weren't you on Huard's nutsack all year? You and Hootie.......Now you say "Brodie forever"?

a1na2
11-11-2007, 03:11 PM

The point I'm trying to make is that Croyle stands less chance of being injured due to the oncoming pass rush because he can actually pick up his feet.

If 'the Hermit' doesn't make the permanent change now he is a fool.

Bwana
11-11-2007, 03:12 PM
That's the dynamic passer I saw in River Falls!

Um, so I take it you are done slobbering Huards knob now?

Chief Chief
11-11-2007, 03:13 PM
I have a question: What about that guy we picked up off of waivers from Minnesota? I bet he's better than them other 2 combined!

Scorp
11-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Leave the attention whore alone. He is a joke and should be treated accordingly.

a1na2
11-11-2007, 03:17 PM
I have a question: What about that guy we picked up off of waivers from Minnesota? I bet he's better than them other 2 combined!

I don't agree, I've seen him play before. He is definitely better than Huard, but he is not better than Croyle.

I think the kid from camp is better than them all. Terrell. I'd give him a shot ... I would have brought him back before I brought in Thigpen.

NUMBER7
11-11-2007, 03:18 PM
The point I'm trying to make is that Croyle stands less chance of being injured due to the oncoming pass rush because he can actually pick up his feet.

If 'the Hermit' doesn't make the permanent change now he is a fool.

I agree Croyle is more agile...his agility just didn't lead to any points...it is the system. Do not be surprised if Herm goes with Huard next week. Until we are out of any chance of the playoffs you will not see Croyle as a starter. Face it this team has many issues. Today I was hoping to see Croyle bring us back...Brett Favre style...it is not going to happen with this o line and coordinator.

hawkchief
11-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Brodie has potential, but I could keep from getting sacked too, if I simply threw the ball as soon I got set up in the pocket, regardless if someone was open or not. He threw at least half his balls to no one, not even a defender. I did like some of what I saw from him, but he needs to slow down a little and he could be a great improvement.

Cochise
11-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Um, so I take it you are done slobbering Huards knob now?

Croyle won the job in camp, remember? WPI told us so.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Croyle won the job in camp, remember? WPI told us so.WPI is a goldmine of football info the likes of which none of us have ever seen before.

It's well worth my $0.00.

noa
11-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Huard's first INT was atrocious. If you're going to have a turnover like that, might as well let it be Croyle because he has a chance to learn, adjust and improve.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Huard's first INT was atrocious. If you're going to have a turnover like that, might as well let it be Croyle because he has a chance to learn, adjust and improve.Yeah... people have been screaming that since day 1.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 04:36 PM
As bad as Huard was... he should have been worse...

The Bronco DB's have shitty hands.

Guru
11-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Huard's first INT was atrocious. If you're going to have a turnover like that, might as well let it be Croyle because he has a chance to learn, adjust and improve.

Huard's PASSING was atrocious!!!! HOw many times did he throw it RIGHT INTO THE DEFENSES LAP and they dropped it? 17 points came off of Huard's ineptness.

Extra Point
11-11-2007, 04:51 PM
WPI is a goldmine of football info the likes of which none of us have ever seen before.

It's well worth my $0.00.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

GarySpFc
11-11-2007, 04:59 PM
I just heard Tony G. say on the TV if Brodie is the QBOTF then they should start Brodie NOW.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 05:03 PM
I just heard Tony G. say on the TV if Brodie is the QBOTF then they should start Brodie NOW.Who am I to argue with Tony G.?

headsnap
11-11-2007, 05:20 PM
I agree Croyle is more agile...his agility just didn't lead to any points...it is the system.

that point was driven home during Croyle's first drive when it was 3rd and 6 at the 23 yard line and the quick out to Bowe was called... :banghead:

Guru
11-11-2007, 05:40 PM
that point was driven home during Croyle's first drive when it was 3rd and 6 at the 23 yard line and the quick out to Bowe was called... :banghead:
I was fuming at that call. What is it about this coaching staff and calling plays that don't put the receivers beyond the first down marker. If we need 5 we run a pattern for 4. In this case, they needed 6 and planned for 0 by throwing behind the LOS. :shake:

Coach
11-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Croyle won the job in camp, remember? WPI told us so.

Even without the WPI crap, any average NFL fan would tell you that Croyle outperformed Damon Horrid in the pre-season games.

It's just a shame that Herman Edwards has to get permission from Queen Carla first. It's f**king disgraceful.

nychief
11-11-2007, 05:43 PM
we gain nothing by starting Huard. Huard is a nice backup QB. that is all. lets get with the program.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 05:50 PM
we gain nothing by starting Huard. Huard is a nice backup QB. that is all. lets get with the program.It seems (as usual) the correct choice has to be forced on them.

Davechief
11-11-2007, 05:50 PM
As was stated during the broadcast the Chiefs are rebuilding despite the fact Carl or Herm don't want to acknowledge it. Lets see what we have with Brodie over these last 7 games and get on with it.

Coach
11-11-2007, 05:52 PM
As bad as Huard was... he should have been worse...

The Bronco DB's have shitty hands.

Should had been 4 INT's correct? Instead he got nailed with 2, and a fumble.

3 turnovers.

And I do wonder where I got my comment on "Also, should I mention that he had about 8 interception that were dropped by baffled defensive backs who had a "he threw it right to me?" look on their faces?" on Horrid's performance last year.

Reerun_KC
11-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Should had been 4 INT's correct? Instead he got nailed with 2, and a fumble.

3 turnovers.

And I do wonder where I got my comment on "Also, should I mention that he had about 8 interception that were dropped by baffled defensive backs who had a "he threw it right to me?" look on their faces?" on Horrid's performance last year.
Maybe, just maybe it is finally over...

RustShack
11-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Croyle did fine, for some reason our WR's stalled in the end zone. Not saying it was all the WR's though, some was good coverage.

Coach
11-11-2007, 06:12 PM

By god, I hope so. You were one of the follow supporters for me, that I had been saying that Croyle should had been starting from the get-go, and that he can't do any worse than Horrid.

I'm really really really really hoping that's it's finally over. But then, I remind myself, Queen Carla is still running this organization. :shake:

a1na2
11-11-2007, 09:53 PM

We can only hope! Our HC has the IQ of an armadillo though. We might be screwed when the game starts next week.

NY CHIEF
11-12-2007, 07:59 AM
If we are going to lose because of bad qb play i wouldnt mind if it was developing our rook just to see what we have :hmmm:

pikesome
11-12-2007, 08:07 AM
If we are going to lose because of bad qb play i wouldnt mind if it was developing our rook just to see what we have :hmmm:

:thumb:

I also hate the phantom sacks that Huard kept taking, running in to his own linemen and falling down. Hopefully Croyle looks a bit more manly in the pocket.

suds79
11-12-2007, 08:10 AM

:clap: :clap:

BigChiefFan
11-12-2007, 08:11 AM
Even without the WPI crap, any average NFL fan would tell you that Croyle outperformed Damon Horrid in the pre-season games.

It's just a shame that Herman Edwards has to get permission from Queen Carla first. It's f**king disgraceful.

Agreed, Carla has absolutely neutered the Chiefs. It is disgraceful. The queen needs to be run out of town and soon.

Mr. Plow
11-12-2007, 08:37 AM
This might of been said already, I didn't read the entire thread......but one thing I saw Brodie doing that I didn't really care for was throwing off his back foot a little bit. Step into the throw man.

ChiefsCountry
11-12-2007, 08:49 AM
This might of been said already, I didn't read the entire thread......but one thing I saw Brodie doing that I didn't really care for was throwing off his back foot a little bit. Step into the throw man.

Thats how he has always thrown the ball. Go to youtube and look at his highlight video from Alabama.

Molitoth
11-12-2007, 08:54 AM

Brodie doesn't have the perfect mechanics that draw coaches/scouts in like stink on sh*t. He does throw off his back foot "like Favre".... we just have to wait and see if it is going to be good enough.

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Brodie doesn't have the perfect mechanics that draw coaches/scouts in like stink on sh*t. He does throw off his back foot "like Favre".... we just have to wait and see if it is going to be good enough.
Yep, that and the injury history is why he fell to the 3rd round.

I can see the potential. Let's see if he progress's or not this year. He can't do worse than Huard and he has too much upside potential.

I like it that he throws a nice deep ball. He's got a quick release and a strong arm.

I also see him keying in on the main reciever and looking at him the whole route. I see the "What the hell are you thinking throws?".

RustShack
11-12-2007, 09:10 AM
We know he can do one thing for sure that Huard can't, Croyle can move the chains. It was nice not going three and out every time like we did with Huard.

Donger
11-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Step into the throw man.

Could the "I'm about to be squished" factor have something to do with that? I mean, to "step into the throw," a QB has to stop is backward motion and plant his feet, right?

Molitoth
11-12-2007, 09:12 AM
We know he can do one thing for sure that Huard can't, Croyle can move the chains. It was nice not going three and out every time like we did with Huard.

I really liked the play where he was almost sacked and got the ball off to Holmes with a side-arm slingshot pass for a nice gain.

Molitoth
11-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Could the "I'm about to be squished" factor have something to do with that? I mean, to "step into the throw," a QB has to stop is backward motion and plant his feet, right?

That is also a problem, everyone knows this O-line sucks. Since Huard doesn't have the armstrength to throw without stepping into it, Huard steps right up into his lineman, which causes a sack.

Croyle can get rid of the ball in this case, hopefully no more stupid INT's though.

philfree
11-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Brodie is they guy from here on out. To bad Bowe dropped a T.D. pass and Webb dropped a firstdown pass and even Gonzo missed played a ball in the endzone that could have possiblly been caught. I like Brodies decisiveness(sp?) and his quick release. Two things Huard doesn't have. We need an upgrade at QB coach and O.C. to maxumize his skills. Of course anyone can see that.

PhilFree:arrow:

FAX
11-12-2007, 09:22 AM
That is also a problem, everyone knows this O-line sucks. Since Huard doesn't have the armstrength to throw without stepping into it, Huard steps right up into his lineman, which causes a sack.

Croyle can get rid of the ball in this case, hopefully no more stupid INT's though.

He'll throw stupid INTs, Mr. Molitoth. Prepare yourself, gird your loins, man the ramparts, and bake some oatmeal cookies. Nevertheless, he'll also connect on throws like the "almost TD" to Bowe, as well. If he can get the receivers to believe, he can and will get the ball to them. It is my hope that his ability to stretch the field will result in elevated play from the offense across the board. He's a very different QB than we've seen in KC for a while.

FAX

Chiefaholic
11-12-2007, 09:28 AM

Most everybody here heard Carl on Hard Knocks say Huard was going to be the starter. People want to blame Herm for starting Huard. But, just like the majority of us, we have to listen to our boss even if we disagree with their decisions. I honestly believe Herm wanted to start Brodie, but Carl stepped on his toes to put more asses in the seats of Arrowhead.

I've made at least two games per season the last 14 years, but not this year. Perhaps a few empty seats will change Carl's ways and allow the head coach to have total control of his team and spend the ENTIRE salary cap of players to improve this weak ass excuse for a football team.

RustShack
11-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Croyle will finish the season with less INTs that what Huard has, I guarentee that.

xbarretx
11-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Most everybody here heard Carl on Hard Knocks say Huard was going to be the starter. People want to blame Herm for starting Huard. But, just like the majority of us, we have to listen to our boss even if we disagree with their decisions. I honestly believe Herm wanted to start Brodie, but Carl stepped on his toes to put more asses in the seats of Arrowhead.

I've made at least two games per season the last 14 years, but not this year. Perhaps a few empty seats will change Carl's ways and allow the head coach to have total control of his team and spend the ENTIRE salary cap of players to improve this weak ass excuse for a football team.

i think the sellout record needs to be put to an end, thats what will hurt CP the most. assuming that Brody is the man from here on out i can accept whatever happens as its actually building for the teams sucess.

jjchieffan
11-12-2007, 09:50 AM
I don't agree, I've seen him play before. He is definitely better than Huard, but he is not better than Croyle.

I think the kid from camp is better than them all. Terrell. I'd give him a shot ... I would have brought him back before I brought in Thigpen.

You know, I was thinking the same thing about Terrell. He looked great in preseason based on what we saw on Hard Knocks. I am amazed that nobody has picked him up. Apparently, there is something the coaches saw that makes him undesireable. I don't know what it could be. With the number of QB's that have gone down this year, he is still out there. He can't even make it as a 3rd string QB. That says something about him.

Coach
11-12-2007, 09:54 AM

That wouldn't fly for me. If my Boss tells me that a 34 year old QB, who haven't started more than a half of a season games to be the starting quarterback, and is very medicore at best, I would have told him simply to go **** himself.

If I got fired, fine by me, at least I'll be content making million of dollars while sitting on my ass on the couch.

Herm's guilty for following Carl's wishes. There's another evidence that Carl wants "yes" men. Isn't it the same thing happened under Gonther? Herm is not only a big fat liar, he's also, apparently, a pussy.

beach tribe
11-12-2007, 10:05 AM
ahhhhhhhhhh Croyle. A reason for optimism. The kid has some tools.

talastan
11-12-2007, 10:17 AM
He proved himself Sunday IMO. I couldn't tell but wasn't there more cheering then the entire game when Brodie took the field for the first time? I think that should have gotten Carl's attention. I can't wait to wear my number 12 jersey at Arrowhead in two weeks against the Faiders. Whether we win, lose, or whatever it will be nice to see our possible QBotF develop.

GarySpFc
11-12-2007, 10:18 AM
I also see him keying in on the main reciever and looking at him the whole route. I see the "What the hell are you thinking throws?".

<b>I'm going to have to strongly disagree.</b> I saw Croyle look off his receivers time afte time. He even pumped to throw off the defenders. Furthermore, he threw to 8 receivers whereas Huard threw to only 2 receivers.

Reerun_KC
11-12-2007, 10:20 AM
<b>I'm going to have to strongly disagree.</b> I saw Croyle look off his receivers time afte time. He even pumped to throw off the defenders. Furthermore, he threw to 8 receivers whereas Huard threw to only 2 receivers.

Agreed, Horrid could of learned something from Croyle...

It was nice to finally see someone look off, make reads and deliver the ball....

FAX
11-12-2007, 10:20 AM
... I also see him keying in on the main reciever and looking at him the whole route. ...

That's interesting, Mr. BigRedChief. Lenny said that, yesterday, Croyle was looking off the safeties better than Downfield.

FAX

Reerun_KC
11-12-2007, 10:23 AM
That's interesting, Mr. BigRedChief. Lenny said that, yesterday, Croyle was looking off the safeties better than Downfield.

FAX

Lenny, the announcers, all the radio hosts this morning... I guess everyone says Croyle wasnt staring down his primary like Horrid was all day...

Croyle completed more passes on his first drive than horrid did all game... With the same OL.... Strange dont you think?

Rausch
11-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Croyle will finish the season with less INTs that what Huard has, I guarentee that.

I don't see him having less INT's but I'd bet he'll have twice the TD's.

FAX
11-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Lenny, the announcers, all the radio hosts this morning... I guess everyone says Croyle wasnt staring down his primary like Horrid was all day...

Croyle completed more passes on his first drive than horrid did all game... With the same OL.... Strange dont you think?

Mr. BigRedChief knows his football. My guess is that he was talking about Croyle in pre-season. He was clearly telegraphing his reads in some of those games, Mr. Reerun_KC.

I'm at a disadvantage since I can't see the actual games until my tapes come in, but I had the impression that he did a pretty good job of going through his progressions yesterday. I am curious about the INT, though. Lenny said that he thought there was a miscommunication or somebody ran the incorrect route. Do you have any information on this?

FAX

pikesome
11-12-2007, 10:35 AM

That he played better than Huard? No.

That the OLine wasn't all of the problem? No.

That it took 14pts from turnovers and an "injury" to get Huard benched? Yes.

Redcoats58
11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Brodie is they guy from here on out. To bad Bowe dropped a T.D. pass and Webb dropped a firstdown pass and even Gonzo missed played a ball in the endzone that could have possiblly been caught. I like Brodies decisiveness(sp?) and his quick release. Two things Huard doesn't have. We need an upgrade at QB coach and O.C. to maxumize his skills. Of course anyone can see that.

And any one of those would have been touchdown passes had Croyle been in there all year but instead we have receivers that have to get comfortable with his playing now.

jjchieffan
11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
It was garbage time\\Goatse

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Mr. BigRedChief knows his football. My guess is that he was talking about Croyle in pre-season. He was clearly telegraphing his reads in some of those games, Mr. Reerun_KC.

FAX
Correct, I wasn't only talking about that game yesterday but his overall play this year.

But > Huard doesn't = Great

pikesome
11-12-2007, 10:39 AM
It was garbage time\\Goatse

"Garbage Time" started September 9th.

jjchieffan
11-12-2007, 10:40 AM
I pissed off some lady in front of me yesterday. I was screaming for Croyle ater the second possession, then, when Huard got hit and fumbled, I noticed he was down and Yelled out, "Stay Down Bitch". She turned to me and lipped off something about it not being his fault. The offensive line couldn't protect him.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-12-2007, 10:41 AM
I know it was because of being so bad against the run, but Denver has been tops against the pass. Champ & Bly aren't slouches. Brodie Croyle at the helm made the offense look worlds better than Damon Huard. I wish Priest had got more playing time with him

pikesome
11-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Correct, I wasn't only talking about that game yesterday but his overall play this year.

Kick someone in the nuts 10-20 times then punch him in the face and I'll bet he'd be pretty damn happy about that punch. He might even ask for some more if it keeps the jewels safe. The KC QB situation in a nutshell (pun intended).

FAX
11-12-2007, 10:55 AM

That makes sense.

And, I recognize that there's a lot of open area between Downfield and Greatness, Mr. BigRedChief. Still, I'm on record as being a believer in Croyle. I honestly think he has the tools to play well in this league. My concerns from the beginning of this deal revolve around the three stooges' ability to properly develop him. At this point, I would have to say, "no", which is troubling. Brodie can't carry this team on his back. He's not ready for that. But, he can give us a much-needed spark on offense - assuming that he and his receivers can get some chemistry going.

More troubling is the concern that, at this point, the team has had such little success that Hermoine may not be able to actually get the players to believe. Based on Mr. gblowfish's account, it sounds like we have a lot of players whose heads aren't exactly in the game. We've seen it before and I'm not looking forward to a situation in which the guys start playing for paychecks because they think they're going nowhere.

FAX

Chiefaholic
11-12-2007, 10:59 AM

I'm at a disadvantage since I can't see the actual games until my tapes come in, but I had the impression that he did a pretty good job of going through his progressions yesterday. I am curious about the INT, though. Lenny said that he thought there was a miscommunication or somebody ran the incorrect route. Do you have any information on this?

FAX

IMO... The INT was simply a lack of chemistry and gameday experience. Croyle has the physical tools to be a respectable QB in the NFL. But, we'll never know if Carla's worried about letting a rookie develop.

trndobrd
11-12-2007, 11:07 AM

FAX

My immediate thought was that one of the receivers was not on the route Croyle thought he was going to be. The ball wasn't tipped or a duck, Croyle wasn't under pressure, and the ball seemed to go to the exact spot where Croyle had intended. It appeared that both TG and another receiver turned outside and Croyle threw it inside. I doubt anyone will say if Croyle missunderstood the route or a receiver ran the wrong route.

Hopefully, working with the first team all week will help the communication.

FAX
11-12-2007, 11:12 AM
My immediate thought was that one of the receivers was not on the route Croyle thought he was going to be. The ball wasn't tipped or a duck, Croyle wasn't under pressure, and the ball seemed to go to the exact spot where Croyle had intended. It appeared that both TG and another receiver turned outside and Croyle threw it inside. I doubt anyone will say if Croyle missunderstood the route or a receiver ran the wrong route.

Hopefully, working with the first team all week will help the communication.

Thanks, Mr. trndobrd. That's the kind of thing Chiefs fans will have to become accustomed to. It takes time to develop chemistry in the passing game. And, along the way, these things are going to happen. I may never forgive Hermoine for not playing Croyle sooner. Of all the years to work in a young quarterback, this was it.

FAX

philfree
11-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks, Mr. trndobrd. That's the kind of thing Chiefs fans will have to become accustomed to. It takes time to develop chemistry in the passing game. And, along the way, these things are going to happen. I may never forgive Hermoine for not playing Croyle sooner. Of all the years to work in a young quarterback, this was it.

FAX

Looks like to me we are working in the young QB. We started the season with the vet but Croyle has been taking 40% of the snaps in practice with the 1st team. He came off the bench in two games for relief and then he was brought off the bench to replace the vet at just over midway through the season. He'll have basically 1/2 seasons worth of play under his belt when this season is over. starting camp next year he'll be the starter and hopefully we'll have an improved O line and a motivated LJ all through camp. I see this all as a good schedual for our young QB.

HemiEd
11-12-2007, 11:41 AM
:thumb:

I also hate the phantom sacks that Huard kept taking, running in to his own linemen and falling down. Hopefully Croyle looks a bit more manly in the pocket.

That was one of the biggest areas of improvement I witnessed from Croyle.

The other, his passes were almost always thrown with some zip and a perfect spiral. He put some in some very tight places.

I can't wait to see him get some experience and for the game to slow down a little bit.

Reerun_KC
11-12-2007, 11:44 AM

FAX
It really looked like Croyle was throwing to a spot on the field or some sort of go route maybe a deep hook?

But he over threw Gonzo and under threw the WR on the sideline and hit the DB right in numbers.

Looked to me more of a play where neither Croyle or his intended receiver were on the same page.. Very easy to correct with practice and playing time.... No where as near as unforgivable as Horrids picks yesterday.

Count Zarth
11-12-2007, 11:45 AM
We still need to start Huard. It's obvious.

Reerun_KC
11-12-2007, 11:45 AM
That he played better than Huard? No.

That the OLine wasn't all of the problem? No.

That it took 14pts from turnovers and an "injury" to get Huard benched? Yes.

Still mad that Croyle had to come in after Horrid threw away the game for the Chiefs...

IF Croyle came in before Horrids meltdown/quitting, we would of had a chance to win that football game...

HemiEd
11-12-2007, 11:48 AM
It really looked like Croyle was throwing to a spot on the field or some sort of go route maybe a deep hook?

But he over threw Gonzo and under threw the WR on the sideline and hit the DB right in numbers.

Looked to me more of a play where neither Croyle or his intended receiver were on the same page.. Very easy to correct with practice and playing time.... No where as near as unforgivable as Horrids picks yesterday.

That is what I saw as well. We have seen it before, when Trent's receivers did not get where they were supposed to.

We haven't seen it with Huard though, he is already in the fetal position by the time the play progresses that far.

FAX
11-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks for clarifying the INT details, gentlemen. You know what's funny? I listen to the games via the miracle of radio and, after the INT, Mitch was very quick to say, "bad throw by Croyle" but Lenny chimed in with the observation that it appeared to be either a miscommunication or a bad route.

It gave you the impression that Mitch is automatically supporting the Carl/Herm method of screwing things up much moreso than Lenny.

FAX

craneref
11-12-2007, 11:53 AM

Croyle may have overthrown Gonzo on the pick, however, as usual Gonzo was being aboslutely mugged on the play and of course no flag. Gonzo MAY have had a play ont he ball if he wasn't carrying a Donkey linebacker on his back during the play. Of course on the bomb to Bowe in the end zone, all world Chump Bailey was holding Bowes jersey from behind and again a no call. Unfortunately, this team is not capable of over coming the bad calls that cost the CHIEFS points or keep the other teams drive alive as in the absolutely horrible cll against Sapp on third down when he makes a good defensive play. I know I am just venting but can the CHIEFS get ONE friggin call!! GO CHIEFS.

Reerun_KC
11-12-2007, 11:54 AM
We haven't seen it with Huard though, he is already in the fetal position by the time the play progresses that far.

LMAO

But we have no running game and the OL cant block to allow plays to develop! /Hottie, Goatse, DFB

Reerun_KC
11-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Croyle may have overthrown Gonzo on the pick, however, as usual Gonzo was being aboslutely mugged on the play and of course no flag. Gonzo MAY have had a play ont he ball if he wasn't carrying a Donkey linebacker on his back during the play. Of course on the bomb to Bowe in the end zone, all world Chump Bailey was holding Bowes jersey from behind and again a no call. Unfortunately, this team is not capable of over coming the bad calls that cost the CHIEFS points or keep the other teams drive alive as in the absolutely horrible cll against Sapp on third down when he makes a good defensive play. I know I am just venting but can the CHIEFS get ONE friggin call!! GO CHIEFS.

True bad calls, but the game was truly lost when Horrid collapsed at the beginning of the 3rd Qtr... Get rid of the meltdown by Horrid and the Chiefs were still in the game regardless of the calls...

But agree, bad calls that hurt us.

craneref
11-12-2007, 12:29 PM
True bad calls, but the game was truly lost when Horrid collapsed at the beginning of the 3rd Qtr... Get rid of the meltdown by Horrid and the Chiefs were still in the game regardless of the calls...

But agree, bad calls that hurt us.

True, those 9 seconds KILLED us. However, we get a little help on a couple of calls and we may have gotten the momentum back. The call that should have been on Chump would have put the ball at the 1 and I think we score, then the pick that Croyle threw, we were driving and Ithink the interference call that should have been called on the Gonzo hold would have put us in scoring position as well. I will not debate that the two HORENDOUS :banghead: back to back :banghead: turnovers absolutely killed us :banghead: against a VERY mediocre Donkeys team. Just becasue we loss does not make the Donkeys any better, just shows that we can not take advantage of a down team. Here is hoping that the miracle fairy crash lands on the CHIEFS and they win out the season and bring home a championship. I will be camped outside of Arrowhead with a shotgun in cae she flies by!! :p GO CHIEFS.

HemiEd
11-12-2007, 01:01 PM
LMAO

But we have no running game and the OL cant block to allow plays to develop! /Hottie, Goatse, DFB

I am just glad I am not the only one that has seen the "Phantom Sacks." Once you are used to seeing those, it is just refreshing to see Croyle hang in there, until someone actually puts a hand on him.

This is starting to remind me so much of 1981-1984 all over again. :banghead: