PDA

View Full Version : Sapp's PI call

Baby Lee
11-11-2007, 04:16 PM
What a steaming pile of BS, the replayed it 4 times and Sapp didn't touch him at all front side, and at most grazed his fingertips backside.

That, and Bowe's alligator arms in the EZ were to two crucial places that fooked us for good today.

At least we're contemplating the END OF THE HUARD ERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROYC75
11-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Tough call ......

CupidStunt
11-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but yeah, the pussification of the NFL continues.

It was so much better in the 'olden' days it's not even funny.

Pooch
11-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Deap pass by Brodie looked great!!

Chief Chief
11-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Chump Daily held onto Bowe's jersey on that end zone pass from Croyle.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 04:21 PM
It was an amazing defensive play.

So good, that I find it hard to blame them for calling PI.

I thought it was PI too, until I saw the replay.

Baby Lee
11-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but yeah, the pussification of the NFL continues.

It was so much better in the 'olden' days it's not even funny.
Irrelevant how? It's was a 3rd down incomplete from a decent FG distance. Instead they get the TD, what, 2 plays later.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Irrelevant how? It's was a 3rd down incomplete from a decent FG distance. Instead they get the TD, what, 2 plays later.

We had 5 or 6 offsides on one drive and still couldn't score a TD.

dj56dt58
11-11-2007, 04:23 PM
since we're going for the whole rebuilding youth thing..I say we should start Sapp..Maybe Brackenridge too. Surtain and Law haven't been very good this year

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-11-2007, 04:25 PM
I just don't see the point bitching about that call when we were lucky the game was that close.

It was a bad call, no question, but Denver had two other picks by Huard gift wrapped that they dropped. We were lucky to have even been in a position to bitch about that play.

Our offense was inept all day. Those four points were not the difference in the game, IMO.

ZootedGranny
11-11-2007, 04:36 PM
I'd have to watch it again, but I thought the PI happened before the point where CBS started the replay.

CupidStunt
11-11-2007, 04:39 PM

The grand scheme of things is not one drive against a crappy team.

Bwana
11-11-2007, 04:42 PM
I'd have to watch it again, but I thought the PI happened before the point where CBS started the replay.

Likewise.........

I would need to replay it as well, but he hooked him before the point where they showed the replay. I shouted PI! at the TV before they even threw the flag. I think it was a good call.

Baby Lee
11-11-2007, 05:43 PM
The grand scheme of things is not one drive against a crappy team.
OK, I get it. We're so bad that it excuses bad reffing. Guess, I'll just wait for the memo down from the NFL FO announcing that Chiefs games are for apprentice refs and new ref tryouts.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 05:47 PM
OK, I get it. We're so bad that it excuses bad reffing. Guess, I'll just wait for the memo down from the NFL FO announcing that Chiefs games are for apprentice refs and new ref tryouts.Don't let Capn' Jack(ass) get to ya...

That was a bad call.

Baby Lee
11-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Don't let Capn' Jack(ass) get to ya...

That was a bad call.
We don't play DV's offense any more. We DESERVE bad calls. You want perfect refereeing, play a perfect game!!!

CupidStunt
11-11-2007, 05:56 PM
OK, I get it. We're so bad that it excuses bad reffing. Guess, I'll just wait for the memo down from the NFL FO announcing that Chiefs games are for apprentice refs and new ref tryouts.

Dude, I said it was indeed a bad call but does not matter in the GRAND scheme of things.

This abortion of a season doesn't hinge on a ticky-tack call in a worthless game against a worthless team that would've destroyed us regardless of it.

Perspective. Bad calls against the Chiefs last week actually mattered a little bit, but after those and the defensive collapse and this week's trash, they matter no more.

Frankie
11-11-2007, 06:06 PM
My puzzlement is why didn't Herm challenge that PI?

CupidStunt
11-11-2007, 06:09 PM
You can't. Judgement call they can't reverse.

Baby Lee
11-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Dude, I said it was indeed a bad call but does not matter in the GRAND scheme of things.

This abortion of a season doesn't hinge on a ticky-tack call in a worthless game against a worthless team that would've destroyed us regardless of it.

Perspective. Bad calls against the Chiefs last week actually mattered a little bit, but after those and the defensive collapse and this week's trash, they matter no more.
The entire NFL doesn't matter in the GRAND scheme of things.
And given the performance of the Chiefs in my lifetime, I guess there's never been anything that matters that's ever happened in their regard.

And I think my point[s] herein have been obscured at this point.

First, I'm pretty sanguine about bad bounces, near misses, twists of fate, all that stuff, be it bad luck/execution on our part, or good luck/execution on the opponent's part. I'm even pretty sanguine on bad calls that are close calls. But Sapp did not even touch the guy and got PI, . . . on a 3rd down incomplete, . . . giving them a 1st down, . . . that they turned into a TD two plays later. This just a few plays after the Bowe near miss.

I'm not saying we would've won, or that call was the difference between us being us and us being the Patriots. But I do believe in turning points in momentum. And the Bowe [non]TD [with a little poor execution, and a little missed jersey grabbing] was a blow I could live with, but the PI call blew my stack and sealed our fate. That was an 11-14 point swing, after we'd already had a 14 pt swing with HuTard under center [which was about execution and which I did NOT bitch about].