PDA

View Full Version : Croyle's Throws?

Donger
11-11-2007, 04:41 PM
I have a question, and it may be stupid, but what the heck...

I noticed that a number (6+?) of Croyle's passes were tipped by the defensive players? Considering the velocity of these passes in comparison to Huard, is Brodie throwing the ball too hard, thus giving the ball a rather flat trajectory, thereby allowing the defender to get his hand on it?

Just curious.

headsnap
11-11-2007, 04:47 PM
I think it has more to do with the empty backfield/no attempt to run design of those plays more than ball trajectory..

JMHO

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-11-2007, 04:50 PM
The last thing anyone needs to do is complain about Croyle having more batted balls than Huard, or the fact that he's throwing the ball hard.

He made 3-4 passes today that if Huard would have attempted, would have been picks, namely the out patterns.

Donger
11-11-2007, 04:52 PM
The last thing anyone needs to do is complain about Croyle having more batted balls than Huard, or the fact that he's throwing the ball hard.

He made 3-4 passes today that if Huard would have attempted, would have been picks, namely the out patterns.

I'm not complaining. Just making an observation and trying to understand if flat trajectory is the reason.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-11-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm not complaining. Just making an observation and trying to understand if flat trajectory is the reason.

Post 2 is a pretty good reason. Croyle doesn't have a sidearm delivery, and we didn't even ATTEMPT to run the ball while he was in (nor could we). When that' the case, guys who don't get pressure will be leaping as soon as they see the QB set his feet.

Otter
11-11-2007, 04:54 PM
If Donger ever makes his own brand of sunglasses their going to have a matrix, complete with z-axis included in the field of vision when you look through them.

kcpasco
11-11-2007, 04:55 PM
It only looks flat because your used to seeing Huard air balls.

ROYC75
11-11-2007, 04:55 PM

The DL hangtime can't hang with Huards ballons but can with Croyles rockets ?

FTR. you are correct , He does throw it harder and a little lower.......

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 04:59 PM
It only looks flat because your used to seeing Huard air balls.Huard's passes have an arc, because he doesn't have Croyle's arm strength.

Croyle threw some darts today... pin-point accurate throws that Damon could never make.

I'll take the mistake prone rook with the cannon, over the savvy vet with the noodle arm.

That's just me, though...

Pooch
11-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Brodie is also short for a QB!! But I stillwant him as our QB!!

Donger
11-11-2007, 05:02 PM
I think it has more to do with the empty backfield/no attempt to run design of those plays more than ball trajectory..

JMHO

Thank you. That seems a valid explanation.

Donger
11-11-2007, 05:03 PM
If Donger ever makes his own brand of sunglasses their going to have a matrix, complete with z-axis included in the field of vision when you look through them.

Huh?

Oh Snap
11-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Brodie is also short for a QB!! But I stillwant him as our QB!!
Hes 6'3..thats short?

Otter
11-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Huh?

Just a observation on the way you see things, it's good.

Donger
11-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Oh, and WTF did everyone bail out of Arrowhead well before the end of the game?

Cochise
11-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Oh, and WTF did everyone bail out of Arrowhead well before the end of the game?

The team quit before the fans did...

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Oh, and WTF did everyone bail out of Arrowhead well before the end of the game?Nobody's excited about the team anymore, I guess.

Croyle as starting QB certainly perks my interest a bit, though.

Donger
11-11-2007, 05:11 PM
The team quit before the fans did...

Okay, I can understand that. But they missed the chance to see what Croyle can do. That just seems odd to me.

Cochise
11-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Okay, I can understand that. But they missed the chance to see what Croyle can do. That just seems odd to me.

I would have stuck around to watch Croyle. But I had no interest in going there to watch a game Huard would start to begin with so I wasn't there in the first place...

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Okay, I can understand that. But they missed the chance to see what Croyle can do. That just seems odd to me.Me too.

That's when the game got interesting, IMO.