PDA

View Full Version : Did we waste the first half of the season?

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Now that Brodie's playing, what are your thoughts on the end of the Huard era?

KC Tattoo
11-11-2007, 06:27 PM
YES!!! We waisted the first half of the season. Are you now going to jump back on the Brodie band wagon? & quit argueing so much? Mr. Know it all Huard lover you.

KCChiefsFan88
11-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Yes... 10 weeks into the season and the Chiefs still have no clue if Croyle is a legit starting QB

Coach
11-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Wasted a half of a season for Brodie's growth/experience.

I'm sure almost everybody in here know my feelings on this issue. I could imagine the Chiefs being the same position they are with Croyle in the helm from the beginning of the season.

Unfortunately, the Chiefs are, well, the Chiefs. They do exactly the oppisite of what they should be doing.

blueballs
11-11-2007, 06:31 PM
We need more evidence of were Brodie is at
in pre-season he had scrubs to work with
who knows if setting on the bench may have helped

banyon
11-11-2007, 06:35 PM
You wasted a lot of bandwith with your ridiculous defenses of Huard, that's clear.

Coogs
11-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Without a doubt yes. But we could still be tied for first at the end of the day. And if we stick with Croyle... who knows.

The Bad Guy
11-11-2007, 06:37 PM
I don't think they wasted it because Bowe progressed. I think the final 7 games of the year should tell us all we need to know about Brodie Croyle.

BigChiefFan
11-11-2007, 06:37 PM
We've wasted 15 years of our lives watching Carl's inept teams not win a single playoff game. Carl has never had a complete team and yet he's still employed. The Chiefs are a patheticly run organization that doesn't demand accountability for winning football.

Coach
11-11-2007, 06:38 PM
I don't think they wasted it because Bowe progressed. I think the final 7 games of the year should tell us all we need to know about Brodie Croyle.

Even that, that's still not ample sample size to determine if Croyle can hang it in the NFL or not. I feel that the player should get one whole season, before making that determination.

GoChiefsWannabe
11-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Even 5 games were valuable to Cutler's development last year. You can have all the off-seasons, pre-seasons, mini camps, and practices you want, but there is NO substitute for game time.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 06:39 PM
I don't think they wasted it because Bowe progressed. I think the final 7 games of the year should tell us all we need to know about Brodie Croyle.Yeah.. if Brodie starts from here on out, I'm happy.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Even 5 games were valuable to Cutler's development last year. You can have all the off-seasons, pre-seasons, mini camps, and practices you want, but there is NO substitute for game time.QFT!

Reerun_KC
11-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah.. if Brodie starts from here on out, I'm happy.

Agreed...

Even though we loss, it still felt good to see Croyle in there...

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Yeah.. if Brodie starts from here on out, I'm happy.Don't let me down, Herm... you know it's the right thing to do.

If Carl says a word to the contrary, punch him in the balls Brackenridge style.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Agreed...

Even though we loss, it still felt good to see Croyle in there...It just kinda perked me up a bit...

"Hey, this guy might be our QB of the future... Let's see how he does."

Extra Point
11-11-2007, 06:44 PM
The OL hasn't been ready all season, from the looks of it. Terry was total letdown today.

Coach
11-11-2007, 06:45 PM
It just kinda perked me up a bit...

It's funny though. Croyle has a laser-rocket arm and he was checking down better than Huard. I also thought the offense looked more energetic, maybe because guys who were more than 5 yards from the QB actually had a chance to be involved in the play.

All of the sudden, the crowd was energized to see him on the field as well.

CupidStunt
11-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Yes.

This has been the worst NFL season I've seen in years, maybe ever. The Chiefs being a sorry team that's no fun to watch makes it all the worse.

FringeNC
11-11-2007, 06:47 PM
What's mind-boggling about the whole ordeal is that Croyle gives us the best chance to win NOW. There was never any present vs. future trade-off to begin with.

blueballs
11-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Parker, Webb and Kenison was not heard from until Croyle came in
not sure about Wilson catcing one from HUTARD

Baconeater
11-11-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm still not convinced that Herm isn't going to waste more of the season by marching Huard back out onto the field next Sunday.

Reerun_KC
11-11-2007, 06:51 PM
It just kinda perked me up a bit...

Same here, everyone stood up, started cheering and high 5ing like we just won a playoff game.. ROFL

I think 90% of all Chiefs fans were elated that Croyle finally got a chance to out perform Horrid again!

blueballs
11-11-2007, 06:51 PM
I think he threw to everyone but Dunn
and I don't recall even seeing Dunn

Cochise
11-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Completely and utterly.

Hell, Huard didn't win any games for us. Croyle could have us in the same position or better. :shrug: Guess we'll never know.

Reerun_KC
11-11-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm still not convinced that Herm isn't going to waste more of the season by marching Huard back out onto the field next Sunday.
Herm has zero choice and say so in the matter...

He will do what Carl tells him without questions...

Herm is a spineless chicken shit...

Reerun_KC
11-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Completely and utterly.

Hell, Huard didn't win any games for us. Croyle could have us in the same position or better. :shrug: Guess we'll never know.
Horrid didnt win any, but cost plenty...

Croyle will probably do the same, but the blue sky is the limit with Croyle, where Horrid's sky is dark and overcast.

FAX
11-11-2007, 06:59 PM
What's mind-boggling about the whole ordeal is that Croyle gives us the best chance to win NOW. There was never any present vs. future trade-off to begin with.

It is the very height of ironicalism, Mr. FringeNC. I hope that, someday, when Herm retires and writes his memoirs to talk about his accomplishments in Tampa and New York and years as a player and how he finished his career as a groundskeeper for the Fighting Hobos, he'll finally explain what the f*ck was going on behind the scenes and in his mind with respect to starting Downfield. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

FAX

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Horrid didnt win any, but cost plenty...

Croyle will probably do the same, but the blue sky is the limit with Croyle, where Horrid's sky is dark and overcast.See... I generally don't agree with you. This is confusing.

Huard is what he is... and right now, that's not very good.

Croyle may come out and throw 13 INT's in these last 7 games, but I'd bet anything he'll throw for more TD's than Huard did, while he's at it.

It's time to let him play...

Let's find out what we've got...

If he's horrible, we'll draft another QB. But, so far, I like this kid.

LET HIM PLAY!

siberian khatru
11-11-2007, 07:05 PM
but I'd bet anything he'll throw for more TD's than Huard did, while he's at it.

Maybe, but even if he doesn't I think he'll move the offense more consistently, which may set up more rushing TDs. He can stretch the defense, and he can make throws when the protection breaks down, neither of which Huard could do.

I think the worst thing the Chiefs could do with Croyle at QB is to go conservative and try to protect him. Give him chances to make plays.

The Bad Guy
11-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Yes.

This has been the worst NFL season I've seen in years, maybe ever. The Chiefs being a sorry team that's no fun to watch makes it all the worse.

The 1998, and 2004 teams were far harder to watch than this one.

Why? Because at least this team has some youth in place.

Beerthirty
11-11-2007, 07:11 PM
I want Andersen from Cleveland if Brodie doesnt work out. Probably untradeable now though. Solari needs to go back to the o line and bring in an O coordinator.

All and all I really lost hope when they named Huard starter and sold my tickets for this year.

They look promising in alot of areas though and need to keep playing young.

I look forward to going back next year with Brodie or Andersen and some new young lineman to build on.

Coach
11-11-2007, 07:16 PM
The 1998, and 2004 teams were far harder to watch than this one.

Why? Because at least this team has some youth in place.

Other than Croyle and Bowe, where is the youth as well, especially on offense?

I'm just wondering, that's all.

I mean, if there was youth in there, shouldnt' we be seeing Kolby Smith more? How about somebody over Turdly? I mean, a practice squadder can't do no worse than Turdly, really?

Buehler445
11-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Yes... 10 weeks into the season and the Chiefs still have no clue if Croyle is a legit starting QB

Pretty much nailed it with this one.

KC2004
11-11-2007, 08:14 PM
My thoughts at the 10th week is why hasn't your dumbass left yet. How many bets are ya gonna welch out on?

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 08:14 PM
How many bets are ya gonna welch out on?

In holding with Chiefsplanet tradition, I do not welch on bets. Never have, never will.

KC2004
11-11-2007, 08:19 PM
In holding with Chiefsplanet tradition, I do not welch on bets. Never have, never will.

What the hell ever GC. Your a waste of space and your writing is even worse. Don't you need to be promoting a unimpressive article on a pay site?

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 08:21 PM
What the hell ever GC.

I speak the truth.

StcChief
11-11-2007, 08:22 PM
the politics of the "sell job" for Brodie took too much time
with Carl/Clark

KC2004
11-11-2007, 08:25 PM
I speak the truth.

Yes you speak something. They truth? I doubt it. You've made sure year after year that any bet you lost you wouldn't honor. You lack backbone and much more. **** you!

crazycoffey
11-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Yes, Brodie is better than Huard and should have started the season

Skip Towne
11-11-2007, 08:26 PM
It is the very height of ironicalism, Mr. FringeNC. I hope that, someday, when Herm retires and writes his memoirs to talk about his accomplishments in Tampa and New York and years as a player and how he finished his career as a groundskeeper for the Fighting Hobos, he'll finally explain what the f*ck was going on behind the scenes and in his mind with respect to starting Downfield. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

FAX
Ironicality?

trndobrd
11-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Croyle wasn't ready. There is no doubt that game experience is the only way to see if Croyle "has it" or not.

However, very few QBs come into the league and make a contribution without spending some time as the #2, and spending 10 weeks getting 40% of the practice snaps as the #2 guy has clearly helped Croyle.

Nothing will destroy a young QB faster than early failure and a Quarterback controversy. Getting him pounded due to a weak OLine and week after week of "Herm, are you thinking about pulling Croyle and starting Huard?" would have destroyed his confidence. Sadly, Huard had to fail in order for Croyle to move forward. Regardless of how Croyle performs, there will not be a quarterback controversy.

At the end of the day, Herm did what he had to do.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Ironicality?Isn't it Ironicalit? Doncha think?

It's like rain. On your wedding day.

KC2004
Doesn't GC have a Sister to check on? She might be getting more dick then him.

Count Alex's Wins
You've made sure year after year that any bet you lost you wouldn't honor.

A complete fabrication on your part.

KC2004
11-11-2007, 08:32 PM

Yep just like that the fact that you love cock!

kstater
11-11-2007, 08:32 PM
CRIPPLE FIGHT

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Yep just like that the fact that you love cock!

No, that is the truth. I love the cock. Like a son.

KC2004
11-11-2007, 08:34 PM

Been here 6 years and watched you do it time after time. WFT ever Gosuckscock!

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Been here 6 years and watched you do it time after time.

Name one time.

KC2004
11-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Name one time.

LOL I don't need to anyone with any kind of time around here has seen it many times. Go write some bullshit article for the other site and shut the **** up. If your lucky by the time your done your sister might have had her old man roll off and you can **** him.

dirk digler
11-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Yeah it was a waste of time.

Of course many people tried to tell you and Hootie that but you always think you are right when in actuality you rarely are.

I think you owe everyone here an apology.

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 08:41 PM
LOL I don't need to anyone with any kind of time around here has seen it many times.

So no proof. Great.

Demonpenz
11-11-2007, 08:41 PM
on the bright side huard had a radar vick to alge crumpler like lock on Tony Gonzo and padded tony's stats.

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 08:42 PM
I think you owe everyone here an apology.

I think it was time well spent. No way Croyle would have survived a 16-game pounding behind this OL. I still think we will see Huard at some point this year again. Brodie is gonna break something. He's too frail.

Coach
11-11-2007, 08:42 PM
I think it was time well spent. No way Croyle would have survived a 16-game pounding behind this OL. I still think we will see Huard at some point this year again. Brodie is gonna break something. He's too frail.

Even that, you still owe an apology.

KC2004
11-11-2007, 08:44 PM
So no proof. Great.

You're a jackass!

dirk digler
11-11-2007, 08:46 PM

The good thing about being young is that you can take alot more hits and deal with the pain more than a 30+ something player.

Will see but I think Brodie, if given the chance by Herm\Carl, will play the rest of the season and hopefully will play injury free.

KC2004
11-11-2007, 08:46 PM
So no proof. Great.

I've watched you dodge the truth for years. Your just another ignorant **** that i dont ****ing care about. GO SUCK A DICK!

Demonpenz
11-11-2007, 08:50 PM
The good thing about being young is that you can take alot more hits and deal with the pain more than a 30+ something player.

Will see but I think Brodie, if given the chance by Herm\Carl, will play the rest of the season and hopefully will play injury free.

heh his two blown acl's have been non contact

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Even that, you still owe an apology.

Why?

Beerthirty
11-11-2007, 08:53 PM
It isnt like Joe Montana, Len Dawson, etc... were body builders or anything. He needs gametime experience and should have 9 games under his belt by now. Anyway Ill take what he can get from the rest of the season that is if they are smart enough to start him next week.

dirk digler
11-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Why?

Because you and Hootie acted like a couple of pricks when anyone said anything bad about Huard.

In the end we were the ones that were right and you 2 girls were wrong

BigMeatballDave
11-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Well, at this moment, there are at least 11 people whose football knowledge is in question. I said it was going to be a waste when Herm decided to go with Huard.

Cochise
11-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Just go away you colossal douche

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Because you and Hootie acted like a couple of pricks when anyone said anything bad about Huard.

I don't think I was a prick. Plenty of people were pricks to me, but I usually responded with calm rationality.

I am not going to apologize for supporting the Chiefs starting quarterback. Ever.

Coach
11-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Why?

For many reasons.

Starting threads like the following, or at least close to it....

"Damon Huard can his way out of a wet paper bag, s**t the guy can barely type a legible sentence due to all the years of being so limp wristed. It doesn't really matter anyway considering he's not starting anymore, Mostly due to his extended stay at the learn to plant your feet a** pumping homo academy."

You can't also say that "Hootie is a genius that couldn pick a game winner to save his life in his lock of the week column, not to mention that he has homosexual relations with Damon and yourself simultainiously while playing show tunes on his hi-fi in a trailer park."

Hey, don't take it out on me just because you declared your love for the c0ck in a public internet forum. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Smilies/limp.gif Same with your boytoy Damon http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Smilies/gayqb.gif

Admitting to your mistakes that Damon Huard is deftinaly not the answer. I hope you can see through the barrier of bulls**t you have built around yourself long enough to realize that most of us don't think the Chiefs are better with Damon Huard as the QB over Brodie Croyle, regardless of how shitty the offensive line is.

I cannot believe that even you will go to such great lengths to follow this when it is actually quite clear.

You know folks, I am actually speaking to everyone here.

Its ok to be wrong sometimes, it really is.

Of course, from you, everyone knows that the only folks in the world that are allowed to talk smack anywhere, on any subject at any time are Damon Huard fans.

Please continue to own us. Come on, lets hear some more of that genius smack like Brodie is going to be Ryan Leaf, when it's clear that Brodie haven't played a game to make that determintation.

That never gets old.

Lord knows you two don't deserve to take any s**t at all after all the silly a** posts in every possible f**king thread in this forum you could use to take a shot at Croyle in any manner.

Hell, at least this is a regular season loss. Everyone here had to sit through 10+ weeks of Hootie and yourself bragging about the f**king Damon Huards records, especially last year.

What a joke man.

The Chiefs lost, and I would bet you that they have a same or better record with Croyle over Huard, and and some folks here would be having some fun.

Big f**king deal, get over it.

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Just go away you colossal douche

As a valued member of this board, I have a responsibility to stick around. I am sorry that you cannot appreciate my upstanding contributions. In the future perhaps you will learn to.

KC2004
11-11-2007, 09:04 PM
As a valued member of this board, I have a responsibility to stick around. I am sorry that you cannot appreciate my upstanding contributions. In the future perhaps you will learn to.

What a ****ing douche bag!!

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Admitting to your mistakes that Damon Huard is deftinaly not the answer. I

I never thought Huard was the answer. Ever. I knew he wasn't taking us anywhere.

jjjayb
11-11-2007, 09:05 PM
I don't think I was a prick. Plenty of people were pricks to me, but I usually responded with calm rationality.

I am not going to apologize for supporting the Chiefs starting quarterback. Ever.

You and rationality don't belong in the same sentence. Hell, you don't belong in the same zip code. You've defended your boy without any sense of rationality all year. No matter what facts were presented you completely ignored reality to defend your boy. It was everyone's fault but huards remember? Get lost. Go join hootie in the subforums.

Cochise
11-11-2007, 09:07 PM

Right... you spend a period of months making an ass out of yourself and then try to play nice and friendly once you're discredited.

Show us on this doll where Huard touched you...

Coach
I never thought Huard was the answer. Ever. I knew he wasn't taking us anywhere.

Yeah yeah yeah. :rolleyes: Now, go brag on Orangemane about how you were so bad here that you were finally ousted. I swear I don't know how the administratiors in here puts up with this s**t. :shake:

dirk digler

So that means you are going to support Brodie forever and never bash the guy like you did with Huard?

KC2004

Someone do the research i'm sure he has proclaimed HuTard the best QB on the team.

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Right... you spend a period of months making an ass out of yourself and then try to play nice and friendly once you're discredited.

Discredited? Hardly.

Coach
11-11-2007, 09:08 PM
So that means you are going to support Brodie forever and never bash the guy like you did with Huard?

Don't even bother. He does not belong in the Brodie Croyle fan club, ever.

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 09:09 PM

Absolutely. I support Brodie Croyle. I always have.

KC2004
11-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Lets make the bet Goatse! Whoever loses never gets to post here again! NEVER!

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 09:10 PM
I swear I don't know how the administratiors in here puts up with this s**t. :shake:

What shit? The fact that I have a different opinion?

Give me a break.

Coach

Well gee, as fun as this has been your astuteness on the subject of football is just too much for my feeble mind to comprehend.

A quarterback doesn't make plays that they could have and therefore they lose the game, thats pure f**king genius I tell you. :rolleyes:

FAX
... Show us on this doll where Huard touched you...

ROFL ROFL

FAX

KC2004

I'm not talking about the thread! I'm talking about the whole site!

Count Alex's Wins

Ban bets are stupid.

Coach
11-11-2007, 09:11 PM
What shit? The fact that I have a different opinion?

Give me a break.

Shit, your opinion is more of like "If Jupiter and Neptune had been aligned with the new moon a week ago, Damon Huard would have thrown 20 touchdown passes and shot candy out of his a** for the little children of Missouri."

:shake:

Count Alex's Wins
A quarterback doesn't make plays that they could have and therefore they lose the game, thats pure f**king genius I tell you. :rolleyes:

I am not sure where you are going with this. Huard was horrible today and I stated as much earlier.

Coach
I am not sure where you are going with this. Huard was horrible today and I stated as much earlier.

As compared to the previous seven games? He was horrible on those as well.

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 09:12 PM
As compared to the previous seven games? He was horrible on those as well.

He was not nearly as horrible as he was today. Today he was butt-ugly.

KC2004
11-11-2007, 09:14 PM

Come on GoatSE. Lets play for keeps. If I lose i get my account erased and never post again and the same for you and your never allowed to post here again under any name.

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Come on GoatSE. Lets play for keeps. If I lose i get my account erased and never post again and the same for you.

This bet does not appeal to me. God bless you.

Coach
He was not nearly as horrible as he was today. Today he was butt-ugly.

95% of the members would disagree with you. He was horrible in the previous seven games.

No different than today.

dirk digler

I look forward to your Brodie forever sig.

This is why people don't respect you Clayton because you never stand by what you say.

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 09:16 PM
I look forward to your Brodie forever sig.

This is why people don't respect you Clayton because you never stand by what you say.

What? This is stupid. I support whoever is starting for the Chiefs. I supported Huard and now I support Brodie. It really is that simple.

dirk digler
11-11-2007, 09:18 PM
What? This is stupid. I support whoever is starting for the Chiefs. I supported Huard and now I support Brodie. It really is that simple.

It is more than that. What about Germ Warfare?

There is probably more but I am not going to go back and look.

KC2004
11-11-2007, 09:18 PM

The only thing simple is that you have no backbone. Your a fake ass **** that doesn't back up bets. Deal with it you fraud. Your articles are about as good as your word.

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 09:19 PM
It is more than that. What about Germ Warfare?

There is probably more but I am not going to go back and look.

I can't change my opinion? Come on now.

BigMeatballDave
11-11-2007, 09:20 PM
I am not going to apologize for supporting the Chiefs starting quarterback. Ever.For the life of me, I cannot figure out why you supported him so strongly. Do you support ANY Chiefs player that sucks?

BigMeatballDave
11-11-2007, 09:21 PM
I never thought Huard was the answer. Ever. I knew he wasn't taking us anywhere.LMAO WTF?

dirk digler
11-11-2007, 09:22 PM
I can't change my opinion? Come on now.

Sure but you seem to change your opinion when you are proven wrong.

BUT, for the record you were right about Herm but you waffled on that so you can't go back now.

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 09:23 PM
LMAO WTF?

I think I have been pretty clear on this. Huard was definitely a stopgap measure.

Coach
11-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Sure but you seem to change your opinion when you are proven wrong.

BUT, for the record you were right about Herm but you waffled on that so you can't go back now.

Excellent point.

KC2004
11-11-2007, 09:24 PM
I think I have been pretty clear on this. Huard was definitely a stopgap measure.

Im to lazy to look this one up someone do it for me.......

BigMeatballDave
11-11-2007, 09:24 PM
What? This is stupid. I support whoever is starting for the Chiefs. I supported Huard and now I support Brodie. It really is that simple.I support the team as a whole. If someone is playing like shit, I want them gone yesterday...

dirk digler
11-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Excellent point.

He was right but now he is on the wrong side

No turning back now though

KC2004
11-11-2007, 09:30 PM
I've offered this guy a bet. He can call the bet however he wants to a extent. I will stick by it no matter what. But he must do the same. The loser leaves the site never to post again.

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 09:34 PM
I've offered this guy a bet. He can call the bet however he wants to a extent. I will stick by it no matter what. But he must do the same. The loser leaves the site never to post again.

I have no reason to want you to leave the site. It is a stupid bet.

Reerun_KC
11-11-2007, 09:37 PM
who are the 13 asscaps that voted no!

Must be Carls "true fans".....

Coach
11-11-2007, 09:39 PM
who are the 13 asscaps that voted no!

Must be Carls "true fans".....

Or a bunch of assmunchers. :shake: