PDA

View Full Version : JA leads the league in sacks...

Pablo
11-11-2007, 06:27 PM
once again.

Take that Trent Cole and Aaron Kampman.

On pace for 19 sacks this year.

blueballs
11-11-2007, 06:29 PM
if he gets one on Manning it will be a miracle

CupidStunt
11-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Hopefully he doesn't suck next year after he f**ks that pathetic GM we have in the ass in a few months.

Pablo
11-11-2007, 06:31 PM
if he gets one on Manning it will be a miracleIt's possible. With his drive he can get to any QB he wants to against any line at least once.

He'll just have to sack the shit outta whatever trash QB the Raiders show up with the week after to make up for it.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Hey... that redneck with the mullet is pretty good.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 06:34 PM
if he gets one on Manning it will be a miracleI hope he "accidently" punches Manning in the balls.

BigChiefFan
11-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Nothing like getting him signed before he starts having a Pro Bowl year. The Cowboys sign players like Tony Romo now so they can build for the future, the Chiefs wait until they're held over a a barrel by agents and especially since we actually have $18 million in salary cap room. Carl sucks so bad-I'm disgusted more people don't demand that he gets shitcanned. Carl is a sham.

the Talking Can
11-11-2007, 06:43 PM
I hope he "accidently" punches Manning in the balls.

that would be my Superbowl

CupidStunt
11-11-2007, 06:44 PM
I think Allen will end up being franchised. I just can't see him accepting the low-ball trash Peterson will max out at.

Allen's gonna want Freeney money and then some. Like, 80 f**king million and a QB-sized bonus. And Peterson won't come close to that with his shitty offer.

blueballs
11-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Have the Chiefs ever sacked Mr Precious

Pablo
11-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Hypothetical situation:

JA: "Yeah, I was thinking somewhere in the $30 million range with a 5 year contract and $7 million in signing bonuses."

CP: Um..how about $6.50 an hour and you get to keep the uniform?

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 06:51 PM
that would be my SuperbowlLMAO

Talk about "precious".

CupidStunt
11-11-2007, 06:58 PM
JA: "Yeah, I was thinking somewhere in the $30 million range with a 5 year contract and $7 million in signing bonuses."

LMAO

Allen might get triple that.

the Talking Can
11-11-2007, 06:58 PM
I think Allen will end up being franchised. I just can't see him accepting the low-ball trash Peterson will max out at.

Allen's gonna want Freeney money and then some. Like, 80 f**king million and a QB-sized bonus. And Peterson won't come close to that with his shitty offer.

hindsight, but it sure seems like Allen would be a better investment than LJ.....oh well....Carl will keep him somehow, Allen sells tickets

Demonpenz
11-11-2007, 07:00 PM
I don't know how you can be from california and be so white trash

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 07:01 PM
I don't know how you can be from california and be so white trashMe either, but I kinda like it. :rockon:

Cochise
11-11-2007, 07:01 PM
hindsight, but it sure seems like Allen would be a better investment than LJ.....oh well....Carl will keep him somehow, Allen sells tickets

The question: Does Carl or does Carl not look like an enormous dumbass for not signing him before the season, giving him this year to send his value through the roof?

Demonpenz
11-11-2007, 07:02 PM
He cracks me up on his radio shows. I guess he showed up in the locker room halloween in a mankini like borat wears

Pablo
11-11-2007, 07:03 PM
LMAO

Allen might get triple that.If you think the Chiefs are even going to remotely consider ponying up the kind of cash the Colts did, you might as well look forward to JA thrashing QB's for another team in the near future.

Dwight Freeney got a ridiculous contract..absolutely ridiculous. Kind of like Clements out in SF.

I think he'll get a respectable offer, not LJ money, but very nice, and he'll probably sign with us.

But we're talking about CP, he'd rather let him go than pay him what he's worth. He seems to think great players deserve budget salaries.

CupidStunt
11-11-2007, 07:05 PM
I think he'll get a respectable offer, not LJ money, but very nice, and he'll probably sign with us.

I don't know why you think that. Only reason LJ took what he did and 'signed' is because he extended his sub-market value contract.

Allen will go to the highest bidder in a year in which he's not franchised. So we're probably looking at Allen being a Washington Redskin in 2009 for $80M/$25M gtd.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 07:06 PM
He cracks me up on his radio shows. I guess he showed up in the locker room halloween in a mankini like borat wearsThat's just it... he's not only a badass on the field, he's a character...

Any time some dude puts a mic in front of that guy's face, I can't help but stop and listen.

Pablo
11-11-2007, 07:08 PM
I don't know why you think that. Only reason LJ took what he did and 'signed' is because he extended his sub-market value contract.

Allen will go to the highest bidder in a year in which he's not franchised. So we're probably looking at Allen being a Washington Redskin in 2009 for $80M/$25M gtd.JA is the man and he deserves a ton of money, but I don't think any other DE is getting Dwight Freeney type of money for a long time.

I guess I like to think that football isn't always about money to all of these players, but it probably is.

And I retract my previous statement, he may very well get LJ money, but I don't think $80 million is in line either.

Pablo
11-11-2007, 07:10 PM
That's just it... he's not only a badass on the field, he's a character...

Any time some dude puts a mic in front of that guy's face, I can't help but stop and listen.Yeah, and on his radio show earlier this week he made some comment on how Jay Cutler just "looked like a guy he wanted to hit. I'm sure he's nice and all, but I just want to hit him."

He got his wish, although it was more wrangling and less hitting.

the Talking Can
11-11-2007, 07:15 PM
The question: Does Carl or does Carl not look like an enormous dumbass for not signing him before the season, giving him this year to send his value through the roof?

a little bit, but Allen's DUI threw a wrench in everything...tough call if you're a GM...

Count Alex's Wins
11-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Robert Mathis will lead the league in sacks after next week.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 07:17 PM
a little bit, but Allen's DUI threw a wrench in everything...tough call if you're a GM...Seriously.

Sure, Carl looks like a dumbass now... but hell, I can't blame him for using caution.

Ari Chi3fs
11-11-2007, 07:19 PM
That dude has some sweet hair.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 07:21 PM
That dude has some sweet hair.A mullet with racing stripes...

It don't get much better than that.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 07:24 PM
J.A.'s cool because he embraces everything people don't consider cool anymore.

It's tough to pull that off, but he does it.

unothadeal
11-11-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm seriously contemplating growing a mullet.

kcchiefsus
11-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Have the Chiefs ever sacked Mr Precious

Ty Law sacked him in the playoff game last year.

kcchiefsus
11-11-2007, 07:40 PM
JA is the man and he deserves a ton of money, but I don't think any other DE is getting Dwight Freeney type of money for a long time.

I guess I like to think that football isn't always about money to all of these players, but it probably is.

And I retract my previous statement, he may very well get LJ money, but I don't think $80 million is in line either.

I guess you forgot that Julius Peppers is up for a new contract this year.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm seriously contemplating growing a mullet.I'd do it... in honor of that Honky Tonk, Redneck defiler of women that is.... Jared Allen.

Pablo
11-11-2007, 07:48 PM
I guess you forgot that Julius Peppers is up for a new contract this year.Peppers isn't getting the contract Freeney did. I'm not saying Peppers isn't an equal or better DE, the Colts just had enough money to pay Freeney an undue amount.

I don't think Freeney or any other DE is worth that much.

Tony Romo got a 6 year deal worth $68 million, $31 guaranteed.
Freeney got a 6 year deal worth $72 million, $30 guaranteed.

I think Romo is the far better value between the two. If Indy wants to pay an ungodly amount to one of their defensive players it should be Bob Sanders first and foremost. DE's are major forces on defense, but Romo got a sweet deal and he is playing the most important position on the field, Freeney is not.

kcchiefsus
11-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Peppers isn't getting the contract Freeney did. I'm not saying Peppers isn't an equal or better DE, the Colts just had enough money to pay Freeney an undue amount.

I don't think Freeney or any other DE is worth that much.

Tony Romo got a 6 year deal worth $68 million, $31 guaranteed.
Freeney got a 6 year deal worth $72 million, $30 guaranteed.

I think Romo is the far better value between the two. If Indy wants to pay an ungodly amount to one of their defensive players it should be Bob Sanders first and foremost. DE's are major forces on defense, but Romo got a sweet deal and he is playing the most important position on the field, Freeney is not.

Contracts are going up and lesser players are getting paid more than better players got paid just 3 or 4 years ago. Peppers probably will end up getting a bigger contract than Freeney.

beer bacon
11-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Nothing like getting him signed before he starts having a Pro Bowl year. The Cowboys sign players like Tony Romo now so they can build for the future, the Chiefs wait until they're held over a a barrel by agents and especially since we actually have $18 million in salary cap room. Carl sucks so bad-I'm disgusted more people don't demand that he gets shitcanned. Carl is a sham.

This is some true bullshit. Carl made the right move with Allen considering the problems JA was having with booze and cars at the time.

chop
11-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Will Jarrods' boozing it up help him in the long run? Carl was afraid to give him the contract he wanted for fear of losing him to suspension. Jarrod goes on to have a phenomenal year and makes more money then he would have if he didn't drive drunk.

BigChiefFan
11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
This is some true bullshit. Carl made the right move with Allen considering the problems JA was having with booze and cars at the time.
Sure thing there-keep telling yourself that. There are clauses you can write into the contract that would protect the Chiefs interest against JA boozing it up, etc...

The fact is, there is absolutely no reason not to retain Jared Allen, RIGHT NOW and get a contract done RIGHT NOW, including protection against Jared Allen making a bad decision that effects the team. Carl just prides himself too much in knowing he's got one of the better DEs in the league playing at peanuts and as usual Carl's ego will back himself in the corner. Right now the Chiefs have some leverage and a shitload of cap room. I've seen this all before and I would be surprised as Hell if Carl gets JA's deal done before the offseason in a reasonable timeframe.

Toad
11-11-2007, 11:13 PM
if he gets one on Manning it will be a miracle

Actually, he should do well vs Indy with both O tackles hurt. Ugoh should still be out.

BigChiefFan
11-12-2007, 08:59 AM
You called me out-let's see you reply.

philfree
11-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Isn't there gonna be a big cap increase this year? We'll keep Allen one way of another. We should also be able to shore up the O line.

PhilFree:arrow:

BigChiefFan
11-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Isn't there gonna be a big cap increase this year? We'll keep Allen one way of another. We should also be able to shore up the O line.

PhilFree:arrow:Again, we have money now. Why not do it now like the Cowboys w/Tony Romo rather than put off the ineviatable and back ourselves into a corner?

19 years on the job, you would think Queen Carla would know that by now. Queen Carla is possibly the worse GM in football.

jjchieffan
11-12-2007, 11:24 AM
I think JA gets to Manning for at least one sack, maybe 2. Did you see the pressure SD put on Peyton last night. I never thought I would see Manning throw 6 picks in 2 games, much less one, and it was due to the pressure from the Dline. Gunther has probably already spent 12 hours watching game tape from last night and he will exploit Indy's Oline weknesses with JA and Hali.