PDA

View Full Version : dissed by Joe "ouch my leg" Theisman

htismaqe
06-27-2001, 01:32 PM
Full article (about the possibility of the Ravens repeating) is here:

http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgiT=life99_nfl2.ht&s=AOzoUPxWTUmF2ZW5z

Anyways, the dig on KC was this:

Elvis is moving towards the top of his game. He has proven himself to be one of the best quarterbacks in football and should get the chance to show it in Billick's type of offense. He has much more to work with in Baltimore.

So last year, Theisman thought he sucked, but now that he's playing for the world champs, he's one of the best in football? Talk about fair weather...

And then he says "he has much more to work with"? Ok, so obviously, having Jamal Lewis will help. But all in all, last year and even this year, we have better receivers. DA is better than Quadry BY FAR, Travis Taylor vs. Morris or Minnis is a close one. Tony Gonzales is better than Sharpe and on his way up rather than out, like Sharpe...

Lzen
06-27-2001, 02:03 PM
That is pretty stupid. Perhaps he was referring to the offensive coordinator....lol.

Rick Stephens
06-27-2001, 02:12 PM
I don' t pay to much attention to what Theisman has to say any more. I think he may be suffering from the post NFL concussion syndrome.:D

Packfan
06-27-2001, 02:31 PM
A good running game, great defense, and solid special teams can do wonders for a QB. His offense should get great field position limiting the number of plays Grbac needs for a score. You limit the number of plays, you limit the mistakes. I agree with Theisman. The Ravens do have more weapons on both sides of the ball. All the Chiefs had for him was Gonzalez. Nothing else. I know, I know, "what about Derrick Alexander...?" Decent player, catches the deep ball, but thats about it.

The Chiefs defense and special teams didnt do anything to help Grbac last year. In games they lost, the Chiefs seemed to fall behind by a large margin early and could never catch up. And the special teams were anything buy special. In fact, they sucked.

Clint in Wichita
06-27-2001, 02:44 PM
The Ravens do have a superior defense and special teams, but the only dependable offensive weapon they've got is Lewis. Sharpe is now just above average. DA may only catch the deep ball, but the Ravens don't even have that. Travis Taylor is coming off a season-ending injury, and will probably be injury-prone like so many other "soft" WRS from the state of Florida.

Grbac will take this team down a notch with his lack of leadership & his poor performance under pressure. They were better off with Dilfer. Had the Chiefs signed TD instead of TG, I still would've considered it an upgrade.

milkman
06-27-2001, 02:51 PM
, "what about Derrick Alexander...?" Decent player, catches the deep ball, but thats about it

To me, this is another issue that raises the issue of poor coaching again.
In BMore, he was a player that caught passes overt the middle, and turned short passes in long gains.
In KC, the only time he was in pattern that put him in a good position to utilize his RAC ability was on deep patterns.

In this new offense, he could very well become a star.

Phobia
06-27-2001, 03:13 PM
Packfan,

You are so FOS, you are beginning to remind me of Denise.

In the past several years, you've had NOTHING nice to say about Grbac. Now that every Chiefs fan hates him and Theisman says something that is perceived as a diss, you heave accolades his way. Hmmmmm - seems like a squiggle to me, dude.

I guess if your views can't be consistent, at least you can be a consisten a$$hole.

Otter
06-27-2001, 03:18 PM
And the special teams were anything buy special. In fact, they sucked.

Agree 100%!

I know, I know, "what about Derrick Alexander...?" Decent player, catches the deep ball, but thats about it.

DA's a good reciever. His role as a WR is to be our deep threat. 80 receptions for 1,400 yards is nothing to sneeze at. And yes those stats are rounded.

keg in kc
06-27-2001, 03:39 PM
I hereby coin this waffling B.S. the "peckerfan shuffle."

When Elvis was here we were stupid to sign him and keep him because he sucks.

Now that he's gone, he'll be a good player because all that time he didn't actually suck, it was the players around him.

What a load of crap.

DaWolf
06-27-2001, 03:51 PM
In defense of Theisman, I do remember him saying two years ago in an interview hat he felt Elvis had all the tools to become one of the top eschelon QB's in the game, so he's not really jumping on the bandwagon...

NaptownChief
06-27-2001, 04:00 PM
Joey T is the same moron that predicted Tony Banks to be last years NFL MVP...After laughing my a$$ off I posted on this very board Tony Banks won't even be a starting QB after mid way through the season let alone MVP...The point being not that I predicted that correctly, but that even a dumba$$ like me was able forcast the obvious while this idoit was busy calling him the MVP...

I don't think you could find an opinion more worthless than his...

KCJohnny
06-27-2001, 05:11 PM
Joe T has been behind Grbac for years. He was probably referring to the total Ravens team as opposed to specifically offensive weapons.

DA averages nearly 20 ypc every year and is one of the NFL's top deep threats. 1369 yards on 78 receptions and 11-12 TDs are pro-bowl #s any way you cut it. He also gets another 150 yds or so rushing each year and would return kicks if he wasn't so valuable as a WR.

It doesn't take much ***** to criticize some one else's predictions.

Try making some yourself and let's see how thick your skin is!

KCJ
;)

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2001, 05:26 PM
Break a leg Elvis. :eek:

Logical
06-27-2001, 06:18 PM
I just tried a new feature, the ignore list. Wham and packfan is gone, great feature Kyle.

Kyle does this block my ability to see a thread created by Packfan, I have to admit he occasionally starts an interesting thread.

CanadaKC
06-27-2001, 06:43 PM
At least Theisman TALKS the Chiefs. If I have to read on more Peter King article about the great Rams, and sqaut from him about the Chiefs...I'm gonna head to CNN Atlanta and kick some King A$$.

Dave Lane
06-27-2001, 10:33 PM
Hey why not both legs! I'd have to chuckle twice.

PS I agree with Big Daddy on the pooch tossed into traffic. If it had been me he might have followed the dog. :D

KCPHILLY
06-27-2001, 11:08 PM
Milkman writes...
In this new offense, he could very well become a star... [on DA]

I agree 100%.

KPhobia writes...
Packfan, You are so FOS, you are beginning to remind me of Denise.

I agree 100%.

htismaqe
06-28-2001, 07:29 AM
Milkman brings up a great point.

DA was a 3rd WR in Cleveland, going over the middle. He was the #2 in BMore and still ran alot of short YAC routes. Only here, and only really LAST YEAR, was he pidgeon-holed into the "deep ball" guy...

KCTitus
06-28-2001, 08:05 AM
Logical: works great, doesnt it? It's amazing to me why people waste their time.

There is nothing, I repeat, NOTHING that the KC franchise could do, that includes winning the SB, that would cease you-know-who from acting like a prick.

scooter
06-28-2001, 11:32 AM
I don't reply a whole lot, so I may not be considered a "Regular", and actually in most cases disagree with what Packfan has to say. But in this case and ONLY this case and ONLY in one of the points he made, I have to agree with Packfan. If you take into account the fact that the defense will most likely get Elvis better field postion/a shorter field, Elvis does have more talent around him. Only on the defensive side of the ball, however. KC's offense considered as a unit is better than what big 'E' has to work with in B'More.

Just a semi regular's random thoughts

ptlyon
06-28-2001, 11:35 AM
You got a point there Scooter, put a hat on. :)

You may be right. Only time will tell.

KCTitus
06-28-2001, 11:49 AM
Scooter: that is a valid point, but did you know that not more than a couple of months ago, Ken was predicting that Elvis at Baltimore would fall flat on his face and be cut by the end of the upcoming season? Did you know that before EG was released, he was predicting that Carl would pay him the 10M bonus and he would 'be back here to remind us of his predictions'? Realize this as well, that no matter what happens to EG and Baltimore or KC, he'll claim that he was 'right all along'.

Im sure in his mind he would be since he's now predicted both success and failure for EG in Baltimore.

This type of nonsense will get you ignored after a while.

scooter
06-28-2001, 01:05 PM
KCTitus, I may or may not have read Ken's aforementioned posts. If I did, I probably dismissed them with a quick "whatever" :rolleyes: and moved on.

Fortunately I can state the fact that I am not totally Packfan literate, meaning I'm not well versed on his MANY different points and predictions. He seems to enjoy being in opposition with a number of regulars on the board, so I definitely can understand the need to remember past Packfan-isms. Keep 'em handy, you never know when one will be needed to throw into his face.

So, as my post states, this is an isolated agreement with Ken incident totally based on his one sentence totally unrelated to his history of contradiction on the board.

Packfan
06-28-2001, 01:24 PM
Titus,

You need to quit being a p uss and start talking football. Enough of the misquotes and accusations and other BS that you like to chrip about on here. Either that or someone needs to tell me how to ignore your posts, not because I dont like you, but because they are very rarely about football.

Either talk real football or find something else to do.

And for the record, I was all for the Chiefs releasing Elvis. I told people on this board that it was a good move for the Chiefs NOT to cave in to the rediculous demands he had. However, trading the 12th pick of the first round for another Elvis-like castoff is a bad move.

Why you dont get it Titus is a mystery to me. Maybe your just slow.

Rausch
06-28-2001, 01:57 PM
Ok Packfan,

your Packers got the 4th toughest schedjule in the NFL this year. KC has the 12th, and Baltimore has the 13th.....

How does that make you feel? :p

Packfan
06-28-2001, 02:22 PM
The Packers play in the toughest division in football. Thats really the bottom line. There schedule has been tough the last couple of years because the division has good teams in in (except the Bears). It doesnt matter. Playing tough teams during the regular season prepares you for the playoffs. Packers get to host the Ravens and their "championship" quarterback. That should be interesting.

The Chiefs schedule is tough too. Nobody takes Sundays off in the NFL (except the Chiefs versus Atlanta last year). So there really arent any gimme games in the NFL, regardless of who you play.

stevieray
06-28-2001, 02:33 PM
You're...Make sure to check your spelling when calling someone slow....

All Green and Grbac predictions are pure speculation. we won't know whether each player has helped his team till after the season.

morphius
06-28-2001, 02:38 PM
Packfan - I think it is the toughest division in the weakest confrence, and most teams in your division keep getting weaker. MN D keeps getting weaker as do the Packers, the Lions and Chicago are in no way contenders and the only team really to do any major improvement is the bucs by improving their QB situation.

Morphius
Thinks packfan is living in the past.

KCTitus
06-28-2001, 02:47 PM
Morph: how's it going...LTNS.

morphius
06-28-2001, 02:55 PM
Titus - Not to bad, the little one keeps me off the BB's at night. We are trying to find a house, which seems to take up the rest of my time. Wife is finally out of the Navy, though she might sign up for the reserves for a little extra money.

How are things with you?

KCTitus
06-28-2001, 02:58 PM
That's not suprising...

Doing very good, we're expecting our 3rd any day now...it's a boy so add 1 to the number of Chiefs fans in the world.

Heard anything out of Russ lately? I see him on the BB even less often than you.

morphius
06-28-2001, 03:18 PM
Titus - Have not heard much from him, sent him an email during the Stanely Cup finals and he responded, sounds like he has been pretty busy as well. I just don't think that most people have a lot to talk about this offseason because we have no idea what our team is going to look like.

Packfan
06-28-2001, 03:37 PM
Morph,

I dont see why you say that about the NFC Central. First of all, Tampa keeps improving (Brad Johnson, Simeon Rice). The Packers should be better (got defensive help with the 10th pick), the Lions are a lot like the Chiefs- try and try, but get nowhere. The Bears will continue to suck and the Vikings lost Robert Smith, but somehow Dennis Green always keeps that team in the playoffs. Its been a pretty good division for a few years now.

The toughest division IMO is the AFC Central. The AFC West is still the weakest divison because of San Diego (1-15), Seattle, and KC, who were all under .500. MOST teams in the AFC West can pencil in two victories next year versus San Diego. No other division has this sort of cupcake in it. Maybe the AFC Central with Cleveland, but I think they are better than San Diego.

Somebody was asking where Bliss was. Isnt he "Wacky Russ"??

morphius
06-28-2001, 03:49 PM
Packfan - Russ is not Wacky Russ, read one post from him and it is obvious.

I did say that the Bucs are improving, but the Lions have kept getting worse, the D of MN will be worse this year from what I have read, Packers are having to spend money on aging vets and their D has been getting worse, and I'm not sure 1 D player can fix it. I agree about Chicago, bad team.

I want to make sure you understood that I meant the NFC is weaker the the AFC, and not that the NFC Central is the worst.

I don't think the Chargers will be as weak this year, last year you could count on their QB's to hand the game to the other team, that will not happen this year.

I have not been impressed with Holmgren as a GM, and I know their were some rumors a while back about the owner wanting to bring someone in, so appearntly I might not be that far off. I just don't think he has the ability to seperate the two jobs, which is a true weakness in the position, I'm sure you can agree with that.

This years Chiefs, I will stick with my earlier comments that nobody has a clue.