PDA

View Full Version : Why not use Priest in the goal to go today?

jjchieffan
11-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Sorry if this has been covered. I didn't see if it was. I was at the game today. I moved down to row 6 after everyone left because I was sure we would score. I wanted to see Brodie get the TD, but being that close, why not mix it up and give Priest a carry or 2? I dont understand the playcalling. There was not enough time left to win, regardless, but putting Priest out wide and leaving the backfield empty stacked the chances against Croyle, besides, I would have loved to see Priest score

kcpasco
11-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Our O Line can't get any push against the pathetic Donks, he would have just been stuffed.

RustShack
11-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Priest could have busted free, dove over the top, or even caught the screen.

kcpasco
11-11-2007, 10:07 PM
maybe

But I think the play where he lost 15 yards might have been in the decision making

DeezNutz
11-11-2007, 10:27 PM
maybe

But I think the play where he lost 15 yards might have been in the decision making

Was I seeing things, or did it look like the Priest was considering throwing the ball on that run? Throwing it away, perhaps, which would have been very smart?

kcpasco
11-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Was I seeing things, or did it look like the Priest was considering throwing the ball on that run? Throwing it away, perhaps, which would have been very smart?

No I just think Priest is a hell of a competitor and he wanted that TD

stlchiefs
11-11-2007, 10:36 PM

I was at the game and said the same thing to my friend next to me about the pass attempt. If you watch the replay, as he comes back around to the right side he switches the ball to his right hand, plants his foot and it almost looks like he was going to throw or was at least faking it.

I don't blame that loss on Priest, he wasn't going to get the 2 yards on the left side and was doing whatever he could to try to get the yards somewhere.

DeezNutz
11-11-2007, 10:39 PM
I was at the game and said the same thing to my friend next to me about the pass attempt. If you watch the replay, as he comes back around to the right side he switches the ball to his right hand, plants his foot and it almost looks like he was going to throw or was at least faking it.

I don't blame that loss on Priest, he wasn't going to get the 2 yards on the left side and was doing whatever he could to try to get the yards somewhere.

That's what I thought. And you're right. That fiasco isn't on Priest. He was trying to do anything possible.

RustShack
11-11-2007, 10:43 PM
maybe

He wouldn't of got the first down if he wouldn't of done that, and he attempted to make something out of nothing.

Deberg_1990
11-11-2007, 10:44 PM

I belive the look on his face after the play said "Where the F*** is Willie Roaf??"

Bob Dole
11-12-2007, 07:16 AM

It did appear that he thought about throwing it, then realized that it would result in a penalty because it was a running play and offensive linemen would have been flagged for being downfield.

Reerun_KC
11-12-2007, 08:18 AM
I belive the look on his face after the play said "Where the F*** is Willie Roaf??"
He might want to ask Herm?

DeezNutz
11-12-2007, 09:02 AM
It did appear that he thought about throwing it, then realized that it would result in a penalty because it was a running play and offensive linemen would have been flagged for being downfield.

Ahh...my bad. I stand corrected on the potential smartness of this play.