PDA

View Full Version : Why did we get rid of Craphanso Thorpe again?

baitism
11-11-2007, 09:29 PM
I remember we drafted him and he was a solid player at FSU. So instead of letting him develop we keep a crap load of terrible receivers and cut him, and now he seems to be back to his old self on Indy. Our management is effin retarded.

KcMizzou
11-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Indeed. I'm still pissed that we let Sly Mo go too.

Pablo
11-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Because we didn't have Peyton Manning to throw to him.

Manning could make Samie Parker look good.

Deberg_1990
11-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Damnit!! Scott Fugita had 6 tackles today!!!

Silock
11-11-2007, 09:36 PM
He has better hands than Webb and he's a better returner than Drummond.

Pablo
11-11-2007, 09:37 PM
He has better hands than Webb and he's a better returner than Drummond.Better returner than Drummond..No effin way! Drummond is the sh*t.

blueballs
11-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Rod Gardner should have called

SNR
11-11-2007, 09:45 PM
ThorpeNextJoeHorn

Retards.

siberian khatru
11-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Anybody got Anthony Hancock's number?

blueballs
11-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Gardner>>>>>Sippio

SNR
11-11-2007, 09:51 PM
I remember we drafted him and he was a solid player at FSU. So instead of letting him develop we keep a crap load of terrible receivers and cut him, and now he seems to be back to his old self on Indy. Our management is effin retarded.Hindsight is a wonderful tool, isn't it? It's incredibally easy to say "If only we had _________ed, then we would have _________" AND it makes you look smart, too.

The problem is nobody has a ****ing time machine. When a player doesn't understand the play book, is injured all the time, can't catch, and has been a bum on the team for the past two seasons while other players have surpassed him, it's time to let him go. Let's see you be a coach in the NFL and display good judgement on all players.

Am I defending the shit we've had to put up with all these seasons? No, I'm not, and I'm fine with people being negative and critical. But blind criticism like this without thought just doesn't work, and that's when I have a problem with it.

So to summarize, you're an idiot.

Deberg_1990
11-11-2007, 09:54 PM
I remember we drafted him and he was a solid player at FSU. So instead of letting him develop we keep a crap load of terrible receivers and cut him, and now he seems to be back to his old self on Indy. Our management is effin retarded.

The Cowboys cut Jimmy Smith

The Eagles cut Chris Carter

Nick Lowry was cut 11 times before he caught on with the Chiefs.

Point is, all teams make mistakes and some players need the change or a slap in the face to serve as a wake up call.

blueballs
11-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Colts will drop him like a rock at the end of the season

88TG88
11-11-2007, 09:56 PM
What did he do ?

baitism
11-11-2007, 10:14 PM
My point is he was a proven player in college. And he was like a 3rd or 4th round pick. So we wouldn't have had to pay him shit. Not like when we got a complete scrub in college, Ryan Sims, just because his fat ass did well at the combine. Who gives a flying **** about the combine, watch them play in college. Theres alot more to football than stats....

alanm
11-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Colts will drop him like a rock at the end of the season
QFT

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Thorpe was cut because he couldn't pick up the system.

I have no truck with that.

Basileus777
11-11-2007, 10:24 PM
This guy is behind Aaron Moorehead on the depth chart, who ****ing cares if we cut him. Indy has alot of money tied into their superstars, they don't have very good depth. The Colts receiving corp is three deep, they don't have shit behind Gonzalez.

Phobia
11-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Hindsight is a wonderful tool, isn't it? It's incredibally easy to say "If only we had _________ed, then we would have _________" AND it makes you look smart, too.

The problem is nobody has a ****ing time machine. When a player doesn't understand the play book, is injured all the time, can't catch, and has been a bum on the team for the past two seasons while other players have surpassed him, it's time to let him go. Let's see you be a coach in the NFL and display good judgement on all players.

Am I defending the shit we've had to put up with all these seasons? No, I'm not, and I'm fine with people being negative and critical. But blind criticism like this without thought just doesn't work, and that's when I have a problem with it.

Heckuva post.

baitism
11-11-2007, 10:34 PM
This guy is behind Aaron Moorehead on the depth chart, who ****ing cares if we cut him. Indy has alot of money tied into their superstars, they don't have very good depth. The Colts receiving corp is three deep, they don't have shit behind Gonzalez.

Who gives a shit where he is on Indy's depth chart? Bowe would be #3 on theirs and any other WR on our team wouldn't even be on their roster. My point is our WR's outside of Bowe suck dog shit and we could have used this guy.

noa
11-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Gardner>>>>>Sippio

Shut yo mouth

SDChief
11-11-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm more pissed about losing Lilja than Crap. We need O line right about now.

Bump
11-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I betcha most WRs would do decent at least with Peyton Manning throwing the ball. But hindsight is a bitch sometimes

DaneMcCloud
11-12-2007, 01:04 AM
The Cowboys cut Jimmy Smith

The Eagles cut Chris Carter

Nick Lowry was cut 11 times before he caught on with the Chiefs.

Point is, all teams make mistakes and some players need the change or a slap in the face to serve as a wake up call.

Jimmy Smith broke his leg and was never supposed to play football again.

Chris Carter had an undisclosed cocaine problem.

Nick Lowery had many other problems. Most of which have never been made public.

So now, whatcha got?

DaneMcCloud
11-12-2007, 01:08 AM
I betcha most WRs would do decent at least with Peyton Manning throwing the ball. But hindsight is a bitch sometimes

Like Marcus Nash? or Jerome Pathon?

There's been a ton of receivers that didn't "click" with Manning.

Cutting Thorpe may or may not have been a mistake. But to say that "anyone" would look "good" with Manning is uninformed nonsense.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2007, 01:17 AM

So now, whatcha got?

Len Dawson, asshole.

Psyko Tek
11-12-2007, 04:30 AM
we cut Craphonso, because the announcers couldn't say his name without giggling

kstater
11-12-2007, 04:35 AM
Hindsight is a wonderful tool, isn't it? It's incredibally easy to say "If only we had _________ed, then we would have _________" AND it makes you look smart, too.

Get out of here with your logical and insightful posts. There's no reason for that here at chiefsplanet.

BigRedChief
11-12-2007, 04:42 AM
But hindsight is a bitch sometimes
Uh, while we are at it what about Leija on the OL. Wern't they saying last night that the Left side of the OL was dominating the SD line then there is a pic of Leija? Maybe we could have used his help on the OL this year? But nooooooooo King Carl has to play the arrogant GM who thinks he's smarter than everyone else and try to slip him by on the practice squad. :banghead:

chagrin
11-12-2007, 05:15 AM
Crap also dropped a few and ran some routes poorly, let's not get all goo goo eyed over Mr. Thorpe

Mecca
11-12-2007, 05:35 AM
Well when you look at our WR's......I doubt he's any worse than Webb or Sippio.

EyePod
11-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Are we really saying that we want someone who's nickname should definitely be Crap be on the team. I literally started a Crap chant during the game when he was returning that punt.... it didn't really work and I would never want to have to do that again (but if it would bring a divison rival to a loss, i definitely would....)

Chiefnj2
11-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Crap was Vermeil's developmental player.

Herm has Webb and had Hannon.

Skip Towne
11-12-2007, 12:41 PM

So now, whatcha got?
What were Lowery's problems? Wasn't his dad a diplomat or something?

Wile_E_Coyote
11-12-2007, 12:44 PM
The Colts lost

HemiEd
11-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Crap couldn't do shit.

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Indy is about to start playing DBs at WR. Severely depleted by injury. Even Manning's brilliant play wasn't enough to make Thorpe look serviceable. I like Webb and Parker much more.

Luke
11-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Why was it we gave up on Craphonso Thorpe? Bad hands? too Slow? Too many people with intials CP? I don't remember. He seems to be playing well with Indy. :banghead:

Crashride
11-12-2007, 07:20 PM
everyone has a couple good games in their career...lets not forget whos throwing to him either

Hydrae
11-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Why was it we gave up on Craphonso Thorpe? Bad hands? too Slow? Too many people with intials CP? I don't remember. He seems to be playing well with Indy. :banghead:

I think his initials are CT. :p

Phobia
Too many people with intials CP?
He was far too stupid. Somehow I'm not surprised you don't get it.

kstater
I swear I've seen this exact same thread before.

SLAG
11-12-2007, 07:23 PM
wow a mod used the merge function

i dont think i have ever seen it used before

Messier
11-12-2007, 07:50 PM
This is dumb . Thorpe didn't "come on" or anything. He was just a wr pressed into starting. The day Webb had to start, he looked more impressive than Thorpe.

Ralphy Boy
11-12-2007, 10:51 PM
http://images.cnnsi.com/football/nfl/features/2001/preview/chiefs/

Deberg_1990
11-12-2007, 10:57 PM

So now, whatcha got?

You just missed my entire point. Yes, im well aware those players had issues.

"Point is, all teams make mistakes and some players need the change or a slap in the face to serve as a wake up call."

Ralphy Boy
11-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Boy I can't believe we let go of Larry Parker. He had 6 receptions for 76 yards against the Colts in 2001 and 2 TD's. If we'd have kept him, surely we would have beat them in the playoffs last year.

Tribal Warfare
11-12-2007, 11:05 PM
IWhy did we get rid of Craphanso Thorpe again?

He was a whiny bitch that would be out of a game because of an injury like a horrific hang nail.

blueballs
11-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Mikkeal Ricks was a PS super star too
when Sippio is dropped what will become of this place

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2007, 01:03 AM
Mikkeal Ricks was a PS super star too

Huh?

Mikhael Ricks was a first round draft choice of San Diego. They gave up a second and a first to get him (Bobby Beathard days). Once he was cut, he came to KC, where he had a few uneventful seasons.

He was never on the practice squad.

Extra Point
11-13-2007, 01:41 AM
It will be the "Where-could-we-go-if-we-had-Sippio Planet."