PDA

View Full Version : Norv = Bad Head Coach, but...

KCJohnny
11-11-2007, 09:49 PM
... I would love to see him as our OC next year after AJ Smith fires him.

I would also like to see us draft Ryan Clady (OLT, Boise State) and bring in Donovan McNabb (the Eagles are sure to part company with him) and a real Road Grader FB.

The Bolts deserve 1st place and after we get rolled in Indy's dome next week, SD will emerge from the pack as the only team in the AFC Worst with a chance to finish above .500.

Which team that played in Arrowhead Stadium today had the league's worst rushing defense? The team that gave up 145 or the team that gave up 65?

Q: will the Norvified Bolts continue to implode or recover some balance? The only reason they won tonight is Mr. Money misses 2 FGs and Darren Sproles runs back a freakish 2 kicks for TDs. Manning's 6 INTs were gimmees as well. Still, the Bolts win.

I hope they continue to unravel so we can still hope against hope to get to 9-7 and so that Norv will get fired and we can scoop him up as OC. Then both our coordinators will have had head coaching experience.

Hey - I can dream, can't I?

Go Chiefs!
:arrow:

Coach
:shake:

Pass.

Count Zarth
Norv would be great here. LJ would rack up sick numbers.

unothadeal
11-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Norv would be great here. LJ would rack up sick numbers.
Why?

Count Zarth
11-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Why?

Everywhere Norv Turner coordinates offenses, running backs thrive. It's proven fact.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-11-2007, 10:10 PM
This is why no one respects your football opinion.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-11-2007, 10:11 PM
I agree, Norv would be perfect coach to help brodie. Look what he did for alex smith and now look at alex smith, he sucks!

unothadeal
11-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Everywhere Norv Turner coordinates offenses, running backs thrive. It's proven fact.
I doubt it. Our O-line still sucks.

Count Zarth
11-11-2007, 10:16 PM
I agree, Norv would be perfect coach to help brodie. Look what he did for alex smith and now look at alex smith, he sucks!

There is also that to consider.

KCFalcon59
11-11-2007, 10:18 PM
LT has 2 100 yard games and only 7 TD's. His numbers are way off. Nice job Norv.

Toad
11-11-2007, 10:33 PM
... I would love to see him as our OC next year after AJ Smith fires him...Hey - I can dream, can't I?

Yes, you are dreaming if you think Herm will fire the current abortion for a Offensive Coordinator we have now. Remember, we have a head coach that did not pull the trigger on an obviously needed QB change. His loyalty reaks worse than Vermiels.

No, instead, I'll dream of one more off-season of what Herm does best - collecting much needed talent (particularly at OT and CB). After that, he and Carl can ride off into the sunset together ...

DomerNKC
11-11-2007, 10:34 PM
get off cladys knob. Is this a man crush?

Count Zarth
11-11-2007, 10:36 PM
LT has 2 100 yard games and only 7 TD's. His numbers are way off. Nice job Norv.

Norv is not the OC at the moment.

Mecca
11-11-2007, 10:38 PM
All of this just amuses me......expect some crappy OC hire if they change, that's Herm.

Coach
11-11-2007, 10:39 PM
All of this just amuses me......expect some crappy OC hire if they change, that's Herm.

I'll be more than happy to see Herm go, along with Queen Carla.

God, that can't come any quicker. :shake:

Fruit Ninja
11-11-2007, 10:49 PM
I would take Norv as an OC quick. MOve Solari's ass back to Oline coach.

Quiet Storm
11-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Norv Turner is not a good Head Coach.

Offensive Coordinator on the other hand....

KCJohnny
11-11-2007, 11:37 PM
You obviously fail to delineate between Norv the HC (failure) and Norv the OC (one of the NFL's best of all time).

Our O will go instant top 10 with Norv replacing Mike "still learning the passing game" Solari...

MadMax
11-11-2007, 11:40 PM

Ray guns comin... :p

Mecca
11-11-2007, 11:42 PM
You obviously fail to delineate between Norv the HC (failure) and Norv the OC (one of the NFL's best of all time).

Our O will go instant top 10 with Norv replacing Mike "still learning the passing game" Solari...

Norv as OC would just give Larry Johnson the ball 400 times.

EyePod
11-11-2007, 11:45 PM
I don't know. Herm has brought it AWESOME young talent. He's just trying to figure out where they belong. I think we know that Pollard just sucks at playing defense, and he's only useful on special teams. He may get to play for the rest of the season just cause everyone's given up already. Our offense seemed to open up once Brodie was in. 30 passes in less than a half? That is not the Solari we're used to... Maybe he was doing so poorly cause he was given shit for a QB? And Norv really has done well as an offensive coordinator, just a terrible HC.
2006 - Frank Gore breaks over 1600 yd's rushing
2002 - Ricky Williams - 1853 yd's rushing
1992-1993 - Back to Back Superbowls with the Cowboys
2001 - Involved in the ridiculous trades for Drew Brees and LT...
He is not a head coach, he's an offensive coordinating genius....

KCJohnny
11-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Norv as OC would just give Larry Johnson the ball 400 times.

OK, people, look here.

This guy obviously does not know what he is talking about.

Norv offenses are incredibly successful. That is just a proven fact in the NFL.

Mecca
11-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Go look at how he coordinated a largely untalented offense in Miami.....

He ran Ricky Williams constantly....

SBK
I'd take Norv as a O Coordinator in a heartbeat.

KCJohnny
I don't know. Herm has brought it AWESOME young talent. He's just trying to figure out where they belong. I think we know that Pollard just sucks at playing defense, and he's only useful on special teams. He may get to play for the rest of the season just cause everyone's given up already. Our offense seemed to open up once Brodie was in. 30 passes in less than a half? That is not the Solari we're used to... Maybe he was doing so poorly cause he was given shit for a QB? And Norv really has done well as an offensive coordinator, just a terrible HC.
2006 - Frank Gore breaks over 1600 yd's rushing
2002 - Ricky Williams - 1853 yd's rushing
1992-1993 - Back to Back Superbowls with the Cowboys
2001 - Involved in the ridiculous trades for Drew Brees and LT...
He is not a head coach, he's an offensive coordinating genius....:thumb:

MadMax
11-11-2007, 11:52 PM

You also choose Huard over Croyle? Credibilty = 0

:hmmm:

EyePod
11-11-2007, 11:53 PM

OH SNAP!!

Mecca
11-11-2007, 11:55 PM
KCJohnny isn't exactly the most reliable fan in the logic department.

KCJohnny
11-11-2007, 11:56 PM
I noticed not too many comments about bringing in McNabb...

I think if Carl cannot land Derek Anderson he goes for McNabb...

Brodie might be the QBotF but Carl is much more comfortable with vets....

KCJohnny
11-11-2007, 11:57 PM
KCJohnny isn't exactly the most reliable fan in the logic department.

Please provide evidence.

(I'm hiding it as fast as I can...)

Mecca
11-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Please provide evidence.

(I'm hiding it as fast as I can...)

You will find someway to say the Chiefs are going to beat the Colts...you do it before every game.

Right now it looks like the Chiefs have 2 wins at most 3 left on this schedule.

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 12:02 AM
You will find someway to say the Chiefs are going to beat the Colts...you do it before every game.

Right now it looks like the Chiefs have 2 wins at most 3 left on this schedule.

Right now, I actually agree with you. We'll be damned lucky to finish 7-9.

EyePod
11-12-2007, 12:02 AM
i would love for the colts to go 0-3, but i can't see Peyton having 2 bad games in a season...

*Sigh*

SBK
11-12-2007, 12:31 AM

Wrong douchebag.

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 09:17 AM

Do you think he'll be available after this season? If so, many teams will be interested in his formidable talents and O-Coord.

Brock
11-12-2007, 09:18 AM
He was a missed field goal from fired last night. Yeah, chances are he'll be on the market.

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 09:22 AM
He was a missed field goal from fired last night. Yeah, chances are he'll be on the market.

He caught an awfully good break. Vinaterri is Mr. Money and he missed two FGs. I hope you are right and Norv will be looking for work next season. I don't think he'll want to work for Carl, tho.

philfree
11-12-2007, 09:34 AM
I think I'd rather have Cam Cameron over Turner but Turner isn't a bad choice at all.

PhilFree:arrow:

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 11:48 AM
I think I'd rather have Cam Cameron over Turner but Turner isn't a bad choice at all.

I think most of us agree that Solari makes Jimmy Raye look like Lindy Infante.

TEX
11-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Donovan McNabb will be a Viking IMO.

SBK
11-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Do you think he'll be available after this season? If so, many teams will be interested in his formidable talents and O-Coord.

I think Pete Carroll is the next coach of the Chargers, so if Pete's available then Norv will be too.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Jason Garett would make a nice Chiefs O-coordinator, but the only way the Cowboys let him get away is if a team offers him a HC job.

philfree
11-12-2007, 11:54 AM
I think most of us agree that Solari makes Jimmy Raye look like Lindy Infante.

LOL...It's really not funny :shake:
What about the Skins? Is their coaching staff gonna survive? I'd welcome Saunders back with HC type money to be our OC again.

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 11:59 AM
LOL...It's really not funny :shake:
What about the Skins? Is their coaching staff gonna survive? I'd welcome Saunders back with HC type money to be our OC again.

I would too out of homerism, but the jury is still out on Saunders' actual utility. The Skins offense is only slightly better than ours is. Was the big O we had here DV or AS? Undoubtably it was the combo (and some great FA acquisitions) but I'd welcome Al back home. Keep Solari as OL coach.

On the subject of the Skins, we passed on Jason Campbell for Croyle. That's not looking real smart right now. Campbell is going to be a PBer for years IMHO.

TEX
11-12-2007, 12:02 PM
I would too out of homerism, but the jury is still out on Saunders' actual utility. The Skins offense is only slightly better than ours is. Was the big O we had here DV or AS? Undoubtably it was the combo (and some great FA acquisitions) but I'd welcome Al back home. Keep Solari as OL coach.

On the subject of the Skins, we passed on Jason Campbell for Croyle. That's not looking real smart right now. Campbell is going to be a PBer for years IMHO.

It's only slightly better than ours because Gibbs instructed Saundars to "junk" most of it because the players were "thinking" too much rather than playing. They run pretty basic stuff, just like us. It is not the same offense Saundars ran in KC except for a few plays.

Reerun_KC
11-12-2007, 12:05 PM

Campbell is playing and starting this year.. there have been games where he has sucked major a$$ and others where he has looked great...

I think we should give Croyle a little more than 1/2 a game of total football this season before we label him...

On a serious note, he has Al "football Jesus" Saunders and Joe Gibbs, we have Solari (which is a great coach, just a victim of Herms Idiocy) Herm and Dicky Curls... You tell me who has a chance and who doesnt of being successful..

Our only hope is that Croyle can withstand the stupidity long enough to get a real football coach in here in two years.

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Donovan McNabb will be a Viking IMO.

Bear.

TEX
11-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Campbell is playing and starting this year.. there have been games where he has sucked major a$$ and others where he has looked great...

I think we should give Croyle a little more than 1/2 a game of total football this season before we label him...

On a serious note, he has Al "football Jesus" Saunders and Joe Gibbs, we have Solari (which is a great coach, just a victim of Herms Idiocy) Herm and Dicky Curls... You tell me who has a chance and who doesnt of being successful..

Our only hope is that Croyle can withstand the stupidity long enough to get a real football coach in here in two years.

You F*CKIN said it all there! :clap:

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Norv Turner is the Jeff George of coaches.

Coach
11-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Norv only got good just becuase he had Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Irvin, Harper, and that Cowboy O-Line to work with.

Other than that, he hasn't done much.

Count Zarth
11-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Norv only got good just becuase he had Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Irvin, Harper, and that Cowboy O-Line to work with.

Other than that, he hasn't done much.

Go look at his OC record with other teams. It's pretty good. And there's no question he gets running backs to produce.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Go look at his OC record with other teams. It's pretty good. And there's no question he gets running backs to produce.

Agreed. His repuatation as a QB guru is overblown (Aikman withstanding)

His real talent is with RB's.

E Emith
Stephen Davis
Rickey Williams
LT
Frank Gore

all blossumed under his systems

Coach
11-12-2007, 12:36 PM

E Emith
Stephen Davis
Rickey Williams
LT
Frank Gore

Then perhaps bring him in as a runningbacks coach then.

Count Zarth
11-12-2007, 12:38 PM

E Emith
Stephen Davis
Rickey Williams
LT
Frank Gore

Yep. I get delusions of grandeur thinking what he could do with LJ.

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Does anyone think Herm will throw Solari under the bus? I honestly don't know who to blame anymore. The players on the field are not getting it done at all. Is that CP's fault for not rebuilding an aging offense? Herm's fault for squandering the NFL's most feared offense from 2002-2005? Solari's fault for the R2P2 scheme? LJ's fault for holding out and then getting just 3.5 YPC? Or the right side of the OL that couldn't keep Pop warner DEs out of the backfield?

The last guy i blame for this mess is the QB.

Coach
11-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Does anyone think Herm will throw Solari under the bus? I honestly don't know who to blame anymore. The players on the field are not getting it done at all. Is that CP's fault for not rebuilding an aging offense? Herm's fault for squandering the NFL's most feared offense from 2002-2005? Solari's fault for the R2P2 scheme? LJ's fault for holding out and then getting just 3.5 YPC? Or the right side of the OL that couldn't keep Pop warner DEs out of the backfield?

The last guy i blame for this mess is the QB.

I really do blame Herm. I do. There's plenty of evidence laying around about Herm's inability to understand an offense, and when he gets his hands on it, it reeks.

Oh right, I have a good idea. Let's fire Terry Shea and let our clock manager be our QB coach. Then lets build a QB competion with a third round pick and a journeyman, and send our Pro Bowler to Miami to be with his QB coach. But lets make sure there is no stability behind that offensive line, to be competitive.

How Herm has taken this decent offensive philosophy and f***'ed it up so bad, I have no clue. I want more points than the other team, no matter how many it takes. I want to win every game whether it's reasonable or not. This is the mentality a coach should have.

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 12:58 PM
and send our Pro Bowler to Miami to be with his QB coach.

How'd that work out?

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 01:02 PM
I really do blame Herm. I do. There's plenty of evidence laying around about Herm's inability to understand an offense, and when he gets his hands on it, it reeks.

Oh right, I have a good idea. Let's fire Terry Shea and let our clock manager be our QB coach. Then lets build a QB competion with a third round pick and a journeyman, and send our Pro Bowler to Miami to be with his QB coach. But lets make sure there is no stability behind that offensive line, to be competitive.

How Herm has taken this decent offensive philosophy and f***'ed it up so bad, I have no clue. I want more points than the other team, no matter how many it takes. I want to win every game whether it's reasonable or not. This is the mentality a coach should have.

Herm: "You play to win the game."

John Madden: "Usually, the team that scores the most points wins."

KCJ: Herm, I think we need to score in order to win the game. BucBall may have been fun in the sandlot, but we have been beaten 3x at home this year and the last 2 games we are averaging just 4 yards per play. This is a team that in 2005 ended the season with a 37-3 eruption against playoff-bound Cincy.

And one more thing, Coach: Pre Season clearly does matter. We had no punch or spark in pre season and we have no punch or spark now. I wouldn't be too concerned next August about "tipping your hand" to opposing defenses. I'd be more concerened about scoring touchdowns.

KCJ

Coach
11-12-2007, 01:02 PM
How'd that work out?

Granted, that isn't going too well.

The reason why Trent can't lead a team is becuase of Herm F**king Edwards. Hell, our offense is EXACTLY what Herm wants, a GOOD NFL EUROPE offense instead of an ACTUAL NFL OFFENSE.

Isn't that obvious?

Count Zarth
11-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Isn't that obvious?

No. Herm wants a good offense. Your NFL Europe accusation is blind and stupid.

Coach
11-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Herm: "You play to win the game."

John Madden: "Usually, the team that scores the most points wins."

KCJ: Herm, I think we need to score in order to win the game. BucBall may have been fun in the sandlot, but we have been beaten 3x at home this year and the last 2 games we are averaging just 4 yards per play. This is a team that in 2005 ended the season with a 37-3 eruption against playoff-bound Cincy.

And one more thing, Coach: Pre Season clearly does matter. We had no punch or spark in pre season and we have no punch or spark now. I wouldn't be too concerned next August about "tipping your hand" to opposing defenses. I'd be more concerened about scoring touchdowns.

KCJ

When we score seven points Ill say were slow starting. If we score 21 points, Ill say, whoa, we scored a lot of points. 21 points is a lot, 30 points isnt a football game. Thats Arena Football. Were talking about real football.

That's all I need to know. Herm is wanting to play 10-7 style of football, whereas the majority of coaches are playing for 28 or more points.

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 01:06 PM
That's all I need to know. Herm is wanting to play 10-7 style of football, whereas the majority of coaches are playing for 28 or more points.

Speaking of obvious, it wasn't obvious to you that Herm was being sarcastic?

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 01:07 PM
No. Herm wants a good offense. Your NFL Europe accusation is blind and stupid.
I agree that Herm wants a physical, tough offense that can run inside, but it doesn't seem all that smart in retrospect to build the O around LJ. The reason he lit the league on fire in 2005 was that he was running in the pass-to-set-up-the-run offense of Al Saunders. Herm dumbed down the playbook and took out almost all perimeter running. Now we have a dink offense and no rushing attack to speak of.

Herm will need help on offense next year. That's why I'd like to hire Norv.

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2007, 01:10 PM

Here's another quote for you to enjoy..

"Id like to have a 21 point lead.

Coach
11-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Speaking of obvious, it wasn't obvious to you that Herm was being sarcastic?

Sarcastic or not, that kind of stuff needs to be kept to yourself. I don't hear Belichick saying that kind of garbage. I don't hear Jeff Fisher saying that if we scored 21 points, we scored way too many points.

If you have won a Super Bowl, then I'm sure many fans would let it slide. However, in our position, where we haven't won a playoff game since 1993..... Yeah.

Of course, what the hell do I know? :shrug: Almost everybody's happy having a medicore head coach.

Coach
11-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Here's another quote for you to enjoy..

I remember that article.

21 points is not a comfortable lead. A good/great QB will eat you alive with this mentality.

If your not up by 21 points, then you keep throwing the ball. A three touchdown lead is not something to give up on. No wonder we crushed him by 50 some odd points when he was with NY. Every time I try to give the idiot the benefit of the doubt, you can always find one of these quotes. Manning threw three touchdowns in a two minute drill. I have seen Trent throw 2 TD's in his two minute drill.

See this quote for what it is. Basically he is saying he has no idea how to manage a goddamn clock.

Whoopie-f**king-do. It's something we already know. This explains the last issue I had with his game managment. I have gone over the fact Herm refuses to throw past five yards, I have talked about how the mass amounts of carries that allows teams to creep their safeties in the box. We have talked about the timid behavior that keeps us from first downs. But he shoots for his 21 points in a game and ten wins in a season.

Count Zarth
11-12-2007, 01:26 PM
I have gone over the fact Herm refuses to throw past five yards

Have you gone over the fact that you were wrong about it?

I have talked about how the mass amounts of carries that allows teams to creep their safeties in the box.

Have you talked about how you were wrong about it?

We have talked about the timid behavior that keeps us from first downs.

Timid behavior? Like EMPTY BACKFIELDS?

Herm is not who you thought he was.

RJ
11-12-2007, 01:51 PM
I think our offense would be much better if we had linemen who were better at blocking the defensive players. Those defensive players are continually tackling or harassing out quarterbacks and running backs, I've noticed. We should block them. I think if we did that we would score more points.

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 02:29 PM
I think Denver passed us. They have a better shot at winning the AFC Worst than we do now.

Look people: if Priest gets hurt, we become 100% one-dimensional and Croyle will be eaten alive. We are dead last in scoring offense now. It can only get worse if we lose PH. God forbid.

Count Zarth
11-12-2007, 02:30 PM
I think Denver passed us. They have a better shot at winning the AFC Worst than we do now.

Denver got lucky. Two Huard turnovers in nine seconds COMPLETELY changed a game the Chiefs were in FULL control of.

This game was a fluke.

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Denver got lucky. Two Huard turnovers in nine seconds COMPLETELY changed a game the Chiefs were in FULL control of.

This game was a fluke.

Man, I hope you are right. Whew. That calmed me down. We are in for an arse whupping in Indy next week. I hope Herm can motivate our guys for that one!