PDA

View Full Version : Niswanger and Taylor...

chop
11-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Do any of you know how these guys have looked?

Are they going to be able to take over or are they just backups?

Is Herm just dragging his feet again and these guys should be playing now?

What say you?

suds79
11-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Has Taylor even stepped on the field?

Niswanger was playing a fair amount at RG yesterday.

I just need to see more before I can for any opinion on him.... Which is way they need to start playing all the young guys.

chop
11-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Has Taylor even stepped on the field?

I don't know. I don't get to see all of the games. I haven't seen him play.

Sully
11-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Niswanger didn't look bad yesterday. His pass blocking isn't the greatest (as far as the technique), though I didn't see him get beat like Turley. I think he'll be a decent guard or center next year.
I don't think Taylor has suited up.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2007, 09:38 AM
I wonder how much better this team would look if we still had Tait, Lija and Jordan Black playing guard??

Braincase
11-12-2007, 09:42 AM
I wonder how much better this team would look if we still had Tait, Lija and Jordan Black playing guard??

This would inspire one to do a Chris Crocker style "Leave the Chiefs Offensive Line Alone!" video, but alas, that genre has run its course.

cookster50
11-12-2007, 09:47 AM
What happened to the Mexican Behemoth? LT of the future!!!

chop
11-12-2007, 09:48 AM

I think the Chiefs should have left Black at guard. It's too bad they tried to sneak Lilja onto the practice squad. You can't totally blame the Chiefs for losing him, they did have Roaf, Shields, and Waters at the time. The Chiefs were taking a big risk because Lilja performed very good in the pre-season. Tait still would be great at right tackle. I didn't care for him at left tackle. It would have been nice if the Chiefs were able to keep them and had Lilja and Tait on the right side of the line.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2007, 09:52 AM
I think the Chiefs should have left Black at guard. It's too bad they tried to sneak Lilja onto the practice squad. You can't totally blame the Chiefs for losing him, they did have Roaf, Shields, and Waters at the time. The Chiefs were taking a big risk because Lilja performed very good in the pre-season. Tait still would be great at right tackle. I didn't care for him at left tackle. It would have been nice if the Chiefs were able to keep them and had Lilja and Tait on the right side of the line.

Oh well, either way, im not going to lose any sleep over it. What happened happened for a reason.

The fact is, we had a great line from 02-05, and we blew our window of oppurtunity. Great lines cant last forever..

Mr. Laz
11-12-2007, 10:34 AM
i couldn't tell the difference between Niswanger and Welbourn ............... so Nis might as well play the rest of the year.

RustShack
11-12-2007, 10:35 AM
I think Niswanger will finish the season starting at RG. He will sub in a little more, then it will be his job. I also wouldn't mind trying John Welborn at RT after that happens, see how well he does there compared to Terry and Turley.

Coach
11-12-2007, 10:37 AM
I think Niswanger will finish the season starting at RG. He will sub in a little more, then it will be his job. I also wouldn't mind trying John Welborn at RT after that happens, see how well he does there compared to Terry and Turley.

Uh no, Welbourne isn't a very good player, which is evidenced that he needs his roids.

I'm all for Stallings to play the other G position from Waters, and Taylor to play RT.

They can't be any worse than Turdly and Welbourne.

Mr. Laz
11-12-2007, 10:39 AM
a big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for the idea of welbourn at RT

Welbourn does not work well in space

i wonder if Welbourn can snap it? :hmmm:

Count Alex's Losses
11-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Herb was pretty good in training camp. I don't know why they won't put him on the field. Maybe he's not ready.

RustShack
11-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Tre and Herb need some playing time, but hopefully we can just get a bunch of new and better lineman for next year. Either one of those two, and or Niswanger being good would be great though.

Chief Faithful
11-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Put Niswanger at center, Tre at RG, and Herb at RT and lets all see if they are the solution for the future. Can't be worse then what we have seen.

Coach
11-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Put Niswanger at center, Tre at RT, and Herb at RT and lets all see if they are the solution for the future. Can't be worse then what we have seen.

How can you have two right tackles on the field, playing for the same position? :spock:

BigChiefFan
11-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Going after Leonard Davis like the Cowboys did, doesn't look like a bad idea afterall.

The Chiefs need to replace everybody but Waters on the O-line. Looks like Carl's rebuild will only take a quarter of a decade to kick in.

Micjones
11-12-2007, 02:09 PM
They can get by without replacing LT and LG.
We've got three O-line spots to address.
And I think Niswanger will shore up one of them.

He'd be a great replacement for Wiegmann, but he might wind up snagging the RG spot.

tiptap
11-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Centers are more valuable than guards in that centers usually call the line play. Is Niswanger ready for that? We had a discussion about putting Waters in a center. I know he is the only one holding his own at position. But it is time to shake things up along the line.

Chief Faithful
11-12-2007, 02:56 PM
How can you have two right tackles on the field, playing for the same position? :spock:

What I meant was Tre at RG.

shaneo69
11-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Whatever happened to Svitek?

Coach
11-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Whatever happened to Svitek?

I believe his inability to keep himself under control during gamedays, along with his time spent in the trainers room.

Count Alex's Losses
11-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Actually Svitek is injured. He was inactive this last week. I bet your wife knew that though.

ChiefsCountry
11-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I think Taylor will be a better guard than tackle.

Count Alex's Losses
11-12-2007, 03:57 PM
I think Taylor will be a better guard than tackle.

I think the Chiefs see him as a tackle. That's where he worked in training camp.

chop
11-12-2007, 04:00 PM
I think the Chiefs see him as a tackle. That's where he worked in training camp.

They have him listed as a guard on the depth chart.

Count Alex's Losses
11-12-2007, 04:03 PM
They have him listed as a guard on the depth chart.

He's listed as a tackle, too.

RustShack
11-12-2007, 04:40 PM
I think we need a new LT and move McIntosh to RT.