PDA

View Full Version : Anyone disgusted with Ty Law?

Count Alex's Wins
11-12-2007, 01:54 PM
The guy flat doesn't make plays any more. He's invisible out there and it looks like the Chiefs do everything in their power to hide him away from one-on-one matchups most of the time.

But the thing that really disgusts me is seeing him on CBS commercials cracking jokes about his last name. Ho ho ho! You are the Law, Mr. Washed Up!

Take that $10 million and shove it up your ass.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9310/lawmh8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4371/lawloltf7.gif (http://imageshack.us)

percysnow
11-12-2007, 01:55 PM
and when he finally makes a tackle after gioving up a 10 yrd cushion he has to do that little field swipe celebration like he did something big. .

Donger
11-12-2007, 01:57 PM
GoChiefs, weren't you one of the more vocal proponents of his signing?

percysnow
11-12-2007, 01:58 PM
well we all wanted him signed we just thought he would perform. .

Deberg_1990
IM disgusted with the whole defense except for Allen.

They have been a huge disappointment the past two weeks.

Gunther is a gloried position coach elevated past his competence.

El Jefe
I was excited when we signed him also, now Im not so excited.

stlchiefs
11-12-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't know about Law, but I thought Surtain was TERRIBLE yesterday. He was getting picked on like a rookie DB in the first half.

Count Alex's Wins
11-12-2007, 01:59 PM
GoChiefs, weren't you one of the more vocal proponents of his signing?

I was excited about it at the time and felt he made plays last year.

Now he just blows.

Count Alex's Wins
11-12-2007, 02:00 PM

I'm not going to take pot shots at the defense. The longest drive they surrendered yesterday was 57 yards.

KurtCobain
11-12-2007, 02:00 PM
soft bitch

Fruit Ninja
11-12-2007, 02:01 PM
More disgusted with our offense. I know Ty needs help deep now days. Thats not a big secret. Our Defense has been on the field far far to long. We have the most freaking 3 and outs in the league i think. Our Defense is just getting tired at the end of games. Blame the O first.

88TG88
11-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Our safeties are horrible in coverage. Ty La is meh, I pretty much expected him to start declining this year.

BigChiefFan
He's still better than Warfield. Law has made some plays just not recently.

HemiEd

They have been "breaking" instead of just bending.

KC Dan
11-12-2007, 02:05 PM
one word - old.....

Fruit Ninja
11-12-2007, 02:08 PM
They have been "breaking" instead of just bending.
I strongly beleive thats due to the offense. YOu can only bend for so long before it actually breaks. 11 points at home against one of the worst defenses in the NFL? come on now.

noa
11-12-2007, 02:16 PM
When we signed him, it only made sense as a last-ditch effort to get this defense straight while we still had a great offense. It was our final shot before the offense was going to fall apart.
Roaf hadn't retired yet, right? So we thought we'd still have the #1 offense in the NFL and all we needed was a little improvement on the defensive end and we'd be golden. Then Roaf retires and Trent gets knocked out the first game and it all falls apart.
Obviously, it's not the type of move the Patriots would make, which is why Carl sucks, but that's the only way I can make sense of the signing.

Sure-Oz
11-12-2007, 02:17 PM
He's old, so is Surtain, but atleast Surtain doesn't get burned every play.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
11-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Law is pathetic, his stupid celebration when Cutler buried a pass 3 yards in front of his receiver; WHO WAS WIDE OPEN; with Law "covering" him and then doing his stupid ground wipe crap. What a jackass. And watching him "tackle" is uncomfortable, he falls to the ground wraps his arms around the ball carriers legs and holds on like a little kid.

:shake:

Adept Havelock
11-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Disgusted, no. Disappointed, yeah.

He's a solid player who has entered his declining years, and that's more apparent because of horrible offensive play. :shrug:

HemiEd
11-12-2007, 03:05 PM
I strongly beleive thats due to the offense. YOu can only bend for so long before it actually breaks. 11 points at home against one of the worst defenses in the NFL? come on now.

Agreed, at least 14 of those points yesterday were essentially given up by Huard.

unothadeal
11-12-2007, 03:10 PM
A more positive note, Surtain made a nice open field tackle on Selvin Young yesterday.

Count Alex's Wins
11-12-2007, 03:11 PM
A more positive note, Surtain made a nice open field tackle on Selvin Young yesterday.

Surtain has been worth every penny this year. They both lost 12 pounds this offseason but I think Surtain started at 210 instead of 250.

Valiant
11-12-2007, 03:14 PM
I don't know about Law, but I thought Surtain was TERRIBLE yesterday. He was getting picked on like a rookie DB in the first half.

IMO I think it is the scheme we run with our DB's..

Valiant
11-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Law is pathetic, his stupid celebration when Cutler buried a pass 3 yards in front of his receiver; WHO WAS WIDE OPEN; with Law "covering" him and then doing his stupid ground wipe crap. What a jackass. And watching him "tackle" is uncomfortable, he falls to the ground wraps his arms around the ball carriers legs and holds on like a little kid.

:shake:

That is actually good tackling.. Great hits are awesome and all but if you miss, you are ****ed..

I would like to see if the DB's can actually cover opposed to them lining 8+ yards off the WR and playing zone and then tackling the WR so he does not pick up more yards.. I hate our defensive scheme..

Count Alex's Wins
11-12-2007, 03:25 PM
IMO I think it is the scheme we run with our DB's..

Putting Law and Surtain in man coverage 90 percent of the time is asking for burnt toast city.

Cochise
11-12-2007, 03:26 PM
I haven't seen him playing poorly throughout the year.

I think he gets blamed when he is playing to the dictates of the cover 2, and a receiver finds a gap in the zone and settles down, catches the ball. Law might end up making the tackle but it wasn't "his" man.

Of course, fans don't care about that, any gain in yardage is the fault of the nearest player wearing red.

Adept Havelock
11-12-2007, 03:26 PM
That is actually good tackling.. Great hits are awesome and all but if you miss, you are ****ed..

I'm inclined to agree. I'm sick of seeing an RB break free because the defender decided to go for the "Jacked Up" circus bullsh** instead of just making a wrap-up tackle.

IMO, "highlight"-worthy clown crap like that means more to some "fans" than decent play.

I haven't seen him playing poorly throughout the year.

I think he gets blamed when he is playing to the dictates of the cover 2, and a receiver finds a gap in the zone and settles down, catches the ball. Law might end up making the tackle but it wasn't "his" man.

Of course, fans don't care about that, any gain in yardage is the fault of the nearest player wearing red.

Excellent take.

Valiant
11-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Putting Law and Surtain in man coverage 90 percent of the time is asking for burnt toast city.

I disagree, even with great pressure on the QB if we allow the WR's to be open underneath, teams with even a average QB will be able to march on us.. As it is happening...

Might as well let these guys try and man up with our pressure and hopefully we get some more TO's, but nothing is more infuriating then our D scheme having our WR's sit 8+ yards off the WR and then send them to make the tackle instantly where our defense is in a 3rd and short scenario...

Of course I would rather live by the sword or die by the sword on defense..

Count Alex's Wins
11-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Might as well let these guys try and man up with our pressure and hopefully we get some more TO's

Brandon Marshall would have destroyed us in man coverage yesterday. They don't always play eight yards off, really. We play a lot of Cover 2 zone where they are up in the receiver's face.

Honestly, I don't like people bitching about the defense. The longest drive they gave up yesterday was 57 yards. When the offense allows two touchdowns...what ya gonna do?

ChiefsCountry
11-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Well this week is Ty Law's time to shine.

Count Alex's Wins
11-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Well this week is Ty Law's time to shine.

No ****in' shit.

Halfcan
11-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Ty has been a bust from the get go.

Bump
11-12-2007, 05:33 PM
does anybody think Krumrie would make a good DC? Granted our d-line hasn't been spectacular but neither has been the talent outside of Allen. I don't even know what's going on with Tamba, haven't heard his name called in weeks. WTF?

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
11-12-2007, 06:26 PM

I would like to see if the DB's can actually cover opposed to them lining 8+ yards off the WR and playing zone and then tackling the WR so he does not pick up more yards.. I hate our defensive scheme..

NO what I am getting at is him daintily reaching out, wrapping his arms around the ball carriers legs and allowing another 3-4 or more yards before the ball carrier is down. All the while getting drug along the ground like a chihuahua humping your leg. Friggin put a hit on AND wrap up. That goes for all defensive players.

the Talking Can
11-12-2007, 06:29 PM
he got old fast...he gets punked by nonamers now....his career is over in 7 games

evolve27
11-12-2007, 06:32 PM
He would make a decent safety at this point of his career. Then we draft corner/punt returner in April.

Coach
11-12-2007, 06:33 PM
I understand Law is part of the victim of the cover 2 scheme. However, his talents have been declining. I haven't seen him put up some solid hits like he used to awhile back.

Not to mention that he seems "slow."

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 06:35 PM
We shoulda kept Justin Phinisee.:shake:

Coach
11-12-2007, 06:37 PM

You and I may disagree on alot of things, but this one I whole heartly agree. Not becuase of the position he plays for, but for the kickoffs/punts.

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 06:39 PM
You and I may disagree on alot of things, but this one I whole heartly agree. Not becuase of the position he plays for, but for the kickoffs/punts.

I'll overlook those other things for now. ;)

Phinisee could return kicks and hit hard. Was he a safety of a CB? I thought he was CB. I bet he's on someone's roster, if just the Taxi Squad.

evolve27
11-12-2007, 06:39 PM

Coaching is oblivious to take Drummond out. :cuss:

Count Alex's Wins
11-12-2007, 06:41 PM
I understand Law is part of the victim of the cover 2 scheme.

WTF? The scheme is fine. :rolleyes:

evolve27
11-12-2007, 06:42 PM

Phinisee could return kicks and hit hard. Was he a safety of a CB? I thought he was CB. I bet he's on someone's roster, if just the Taxi Squad.

He's listed as a CB, and is on Rams squad.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7984

Coach
11-12-2007, 06:43 PM
WTF? The scheme is fine. :rolleyes:
No, I'm not blaming the scheme. I'm simply saying that Law, while in a area that he's supposed to be covering (a zone) and the receiver finds a open spot and sit on it.

Cochsie pretty much nailed it.

Count Alex's Wins
11-12-2007, 06:43 PM
He's not on St. Louis practice squad last I checked. The Chiefs are fools for sticking with Drummond. I don't get it.

Coach
11-12-2007, 06:44 PM

CB.

Count Alex's Wins
11-12-2007, 06:44 PM
No, I'm not blaming the scheme. I'm simply saying that Law, while in a area that he's supposed to be covering (a zone) and the receiver finds a open spot and sit on it.

I'm not blaming him for that. For what he's making, I expect him to make big plays. He ain't doing shit. I doubt he gets a legit INT this year...the one in SD was a tipped ball that floated for a mile.

ChiefsCountry
11-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Rams cut him from their practice squad.

Coach
11-12-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm not blaming him for that. For what he's making, I expect him to make big plays. He ain't doing shit. I doubt he gets a legit INT this year...the one in SD was a tipped ball that floated for a mile.

I agree with you. I also expected him to make big plays. I just think he's more of suited as man-to-man CB than a CB in a Cover 2.

But that's just me.

evolve27
11-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Law>Drummond at least. Phinisee>Shit>Law>Drummond

Count Alex's Wins
11-12-2007, 06:48 PM
I just think he's more of suited as man-to-man CB than a CB in a Cover 2.

The dude couldn't cover man to man on a consistent basis if his life depended on it. He's dreadfully slow and not that quick anymore.

The Cover 2 at least gives him a chance to bait quarterbacks and sit on short routes...

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Rams cut him from their practice squad.
Another stupid move by a Missouri NFL team. The Lambs D is really making a statement this year, aren't they?

Hey Carl, cut Drummond and go find Phinisee before its too late. We need youth at the CB position. I do not trust Brackenridge or Patterson. I barely trust Sapp.

On the subject of Ty Law, he owns Manning. I hope he gets a pick or 2 Sunday. Manning's receiving corps is badly depleted.

HemiEd
11-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Another stupid move by a Missouri NFL team. The Lambs D is really making a statement this year, aren't they?

Hey Carl, cut Drummond and go find Phinisee before its too late. We need youth at the CB position. I do not trust Brackenridge or Patterson. I barely trust Sapp.

I agree with you on this from the limited information we got from Hard Knocks. But why are all the Professionals turning him out?

Delano
11-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Law>Drummond at least. Phinisee>Shit>Law>Drummond

Wow, seriously? Justin ****in Phinisee is a better player than Ty Law?

Give me a break.