PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think KC will be a contender in 2008?

Chiefnj2
11-12-2007, 01:20 PM
-The possibility of 2 new coordinators (offense and special teams) and the time it will take to learn a new system.

- Needed upgrades on offense at 3/5 of the OL, WR, FB.

- Needed upgrades on defense at both CB spots, perhaps SS, OLB, a pass rushing DE.

I know Herm is supposedly great at the draft, but right now the only production is from 1 of the draft picks. Does anyone think KC can fill all those holes quickly and efficiently?

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I think if 80% of the upgrades you posted are made, we can win the AFC Worst.

noa
11-12-2007, 01:21 PM
No. But I do like the general direction of the team since Herm took over. We are getting younger, our drafts have been good, etc. You just can't do it all at once.

ROYC75
11-12-2007, 01:24 PM
LOL ... I have no faith in Herm as a HC. A very good talent scout, HC he is not.

ChiefsGirl
11-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Don't we already have a pass rushing DE?

suds79
11-12-2007, 01:26 PM
I know Herm is supposedly great at the draft, but right now the only production is from 1 of the draft picks. Does anyone think KC can fill all those holes quickly and efficiently?

I disagree with this.

Pollard - Several blocked kicks on ST.
Page- Several picks.
Bowe - stud.
Hali - Good DE.
DTs/DE - Not great but has made a bad group decent.

Now, Will this team be a contender in 2008?

So much of it depends on Brodie Croyle. I think they'll fix the O-line issues.

Molitoth
11-12-2007, 01:27 PM
They should be by 2009. Next year they have a bunch of holes to plug. 2 more offseasons and we better go at least deep into the playoffs and be a young enough team to continue doing so.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-12-2007, 01:33 PM
I think we will be serious contenders to win the afc west next year, and then in 2009 we should be contenders in AFC

KurtCobain
11-12-2007, 01:35 PM
We are this year and next untill we are counted out in both.

Dave Lane
11-12-2007, 01:36 PM
As long as Herm is gone I think there is a chance. I really feel all the rest is wasted as long as he is here.

Dave

Chiefnj2
11-12-2007, 01:45 PM
I disagree with this.

Pollard - Several blocked kicks on ST.
Page- Several picks.
Bowe - stud.
Hali - Good DE.
DTs/DE - Not great but has made a bad group decent.

Now, Will this team be a contender in 2008?

So much of it depends on Brodie Croyle. I think they'll fix the O-line issues.

My bad. I meant production this year from 1 pick - Bowe. I agree with you on Hali and Page. Pollard is a bit of a disappointment at SS for a 2nd round pick but still has time to improve.

Douche Baggins
11-12-2007, 01:46 PM
The offense can't possibly be worse.

MTG#10
11-12-2007, 02:36 PM
No way in hell. 2009, maybe but only if Herm is gone...or at least has no say in the offense whatsoever.

StcChief
11-12-2007, 03:00 PM
2008 no. 2009 yes. Continue to draft well, get some FA to fill....

FringeNC
11-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Remember, the Chiefs aren't the only team in the league that attempts to fix their weak spots during the offseason. Other teams get draft picks, too.

It takes a top-notch coach and front office to win in this league. We have neither.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-12-2007, 03:04 PM
I expect to see improvement.

I would like to see a team actually capable of contending in a playoff round.

I do not think we're ready for a Super Bowl as the team is built now.

chop
11-12-2007, 03:04 PM
No. But I do like the general direction of the team since Herm took over. We are getting younger, our drafts have been good, etc. You just can't do it all at once.

He sure come in and make the offense worse "all at once".

SNR
11-12-2007, 03:06 PM
LOL ... I have no faith in Herm as a HC. A very good talent scout, HC he is not.Hopefully Clark will get smart and "promote" Herm to director of scouting or whatever Kuhirich's job is.

kc1977
11-12-2007, 03:07 PM
It's all so dependent on Brodie. I think our defense is very close to being a SuperBowl caliber defense. I think the offensive line needs to be shored up, probably an additional reliable WR. TG should have a few more good years left, and hopefully Larry comes back strong next year. Priest can even be useful in a Marcus Allen type role, although that may not sit well with LJ. So, the only question that leaves is Brodie.

Is Brodie the stud everyone thinks he is? That's the question. Or, if he is not, how well do we replace him at the end of this year?

Thig Lyfe
11-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Hopefully Clark will get smart and "promote" Herm to director of scouting or whatever Kuhirich's job is.

That would be perfect.

pikesome
11-12-2007, 03:45 PM
He sure come in and make the offense worse "all at once".

How was it not going to be worse? I know everyone misses their shinny offense but we still got punked in the playoffs. We got made fun of by the Commissioner for Christ's sake. Any hope of keeping the O running went south when Green went down and our 2 HOF linemen retired. Solari might not be the answer but the Redskins seem to say Saunders wasn't all that either. What was Herm supposed to do?

2bikemike
11-12-2007, 04:22 PM
This team has a lot of holes to fill, It would be tough to get the O-line fixed in one year. IMHO this has been one of the biggest dissapointments that the Front office failed to address. Their failure to plan and draft/acquire replacements for an O-line that everybody knew was aging was a mistake that has been overshadowed only by their failure to acquire adequate D-tackles during the DV years.

The Corner situation is the next big problem. Ty Law hit the wall last year. I don't think Sapp is the answer. Neither he nor Brackenridge can beat out Ty Law for the starting spot. And the way Law is playing that is just pathetic