PDA

View Full Version : What Herm has accomplished

FringeNC
11-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Year Off. yards per play def. yards per play net
2005 5.8 5.4 +.4
2006 5.1 5.3 -.2
2007 4.6 5.2 -.6

The numbers don't lie. Herm has been a disaster.

Fish
11-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Well I'm sold..... killer thread dude......

Count Alex's Wins
11-12-2007, 04:17 PM
2005 - no playoffs
2006 - playoffs!
2007 - playoffs!

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Still, he's got a playoff appearance, and we're (mathematically) still in the hunt this year.

Don't get me wrong; I'm a big stat guy and those #s are extremely incriminating. But they don't tell the whole story.

FAX
11-12-2007, 04:19 PM
According to my calculations, the trend line indicates that, by the year 2009, the Chiefs will be generating an average of negative 200 yards per game in offense.

This data needs to be titty graphed and sent to Clark Hunt immediately.

FAX

Spott
11-12-2007, 04:20 PM
2005 399.75 yard per game & 23.4 pts per game
2006 336.63 yard per game & 20.7 pts per game
2007 307.67 yard per game & 16.1 pts per game

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 04:22 PM

I assume these are the defense stats? No way in heck we are scoring 16 pts a game this year.

Fish
11-12-2007, 04:23 PM
2005 Willie Roaf + Will Shields
2006 No Willie Roaf + Declining Will Shields
2007 No Willie Roaf + No Will Shields

FringeNC
11-12-2007, 04:23 PM

Your numbers are meaningless. We have shortened the game. It's yard per play that matter, not total yards.

Spott
11-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Your numbers are meaningless. We have shortened the game. It's yard per play that matter, not total yards.

I thought the games were still 60 minutes.

;)

MahiMike
11-12-2007, 04:25 PM
2005 - no playoffs
2006 - playoffs!
2007 - playoffs!

Yea, right and with that you get some curly fries and the ridicule of the nation. What's the point?

greg63
11-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Herm came cheap and he's still over paid.

Spott
11-12-2007, 04:28 PM

Lol, no those are offensive. If you want, I can post the defensive totals.

Donger
11-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Yea, right and with that you get some curly fries and the ridicule of the nation. What's the point?

Going to the playoffs and losing in the first round seems the equivalent of going to the prom with one's sister.

FringeNC
11-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Lol, no those are offensive. If you want, I can post the defensive totals.

Oh, sure they are right? Especially, the scoring?

FringeNC
11-12-2007, 04:31 PM

Indy's all-pro LT retired, too.

Spott
11-12-2007, 04:32 PM

Yes, it's right. In 6 of the nine games we have scored 13 or less. We scored 30, 27 and 22 in the other 3 games.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
This team has 2 problems, OL and QB, hopefully with brodie coming in, the QB problem is fixed. Now we just gotta rebuild this OL and i think we be contenders

88TG88
11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
thread over

RustShack
11-12-2007, 04:37 PM
It might have somthing to do with him having to completely rebuild the defense, and now he has to completely redo the offense because the one he got was old as shit and part of them have already retired, and another part of them should. Herm is doing a great job for the situation he was put it. He also has just as many playoff apperances as Dick did in his whole tenure here.

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 04:39 PM

Yahoo's NFL stats have KC's O at 15 ppg, T-31st...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Offense&cat=Total&conference=NFL&year=season_2007&sort=39&old_category=Rushing&old_group=Offense

Spott
11-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Yahoo's NFL stats have KC's O at 15 ppg, T-31st...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Offense&cat=Total&conference=NFL&year=season_2007&sort=39&old_category=Rushing&old_group=Offense

That's right. I had us scoring 145 pts this year, but we have only scored 135.

Colt4540
11-12-2007, 04:43 PM
This team has 2 problems, OL and QB, hopefully with brodie coming in, the QB problem is fixed. Now we just gotta rebuild this OL and i think we be contenders

My thoughts exactly but i also think that the change in QB could help the OL Brodie is a little more mobile "bootlegs" and has better pocket pressence

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 04:46 PM
That's right. I had us scoring 145 pts this year, but we have only scored 135.

In 2006 we finished #16 overall: 9th in rushing, 22nd in passing. So far this year we are 31st in rushing and 16th in the pass for an overall ranking of 31st in the NFL.

Putrid.

:banghead:

HemiEd
2005 - no playoffs
2006 - playoffs!
2007 - playoffs!

By your own prediction.
2005- 10 and 6
2006 9 and 7
2007 8 and 8

Who gives a **** that the rest of the division sucks so bad! This team is on the decline and I blame the idiot coaching it!

jjchieffan
I remember when Vermeil went to ST; Louis. His first two years were atrocious. He was definitely on the hot seat, but his 3rd year, He won the superbowl. Bill Parcells generally takes a gutter team to contention in 3 years. With the turnover of the team the past 2 years, he should have us improved next year and I think we will be. My only frustration with this year has been Huard starting. Now, with Croyle developing the rest of the year, and some OL help next year, I think we will field a team that will not only make the playoffs, but win a postseason game or two. If the team is just as bad next year, then I say fire him. But to give up on him after only two years is a knee jerk reaction that will turn us into the cardinals or faiders. That is the biggest problem with those teams, they never give a coach a chance.

KCJohnny
11-12-2007, 04:49 PM
I remember when Vermeil went to ST; Louis. His first two years were atrocious. He was definitely on the hot seat, but his 3rd year, He won the superbowl. Bill Parcells generally takes a gutter team to contention in 3 years. With the turnover of the team the past 2 years, he should have us improved next year and I think we will be. My only frustration with this year has been Huard starting. Now, with Croyle developing the rest of the year, and some OL help next year, I think we will field a team that will not only make the playoffs, but win a postseason game or two. If the team is just as bad next year, then I say fire him. But to give up on him after only two years is a knee jerk reaction that will turn us into the cardinals or faiders. That is the biggest problem with those teams, they never give a coach a chance.

DV went 9-23 in his first 2 seasons in StL and lost his starting QB in preseason 1999. The rest, as they say, is history.

Lightning in a bottle? Perhaps. Also the team had patience with the build of DV's GSoT (or Martz's GSoT, depending on how you saw it).

Hiring Martz was a pretty sharp thing to do in year 3!

FringeNC
11-12-2007, 04:51 PM
By your own prediction.
2005- 10 and 6
2006 9 and 7
2007 8 and 8

Who gives a **** that the rest of the division sucks so bad! This team is on the decline and I blame the idiot coaching it!

I'm not sure how much further it can decline. There have to be very teams in the league that have a -0.6 net yard per play differential or worse.

Croyle will make some difference, but to be a SB contender, we have to get those numbers reversed. Reversed! How is this coaching staff and this front office going to do that? We don't need just a little here a little there, we need MASSIVE improvements just to be an average team.

Count Alex's Wins
11-12-2007, 04:53 PM
we need MASSIVE improvements just to be an average team.

:rolleyes:

FringeNC
11-12-2007, 04:59 PM

Don't buy my stats? Look at the sagarin "pure points", which is his beset predictor, and we are ranked #27 in the league, behind MIAMI and a bunch of bad teams. This is NOT a good football team, and only homers think so.

Bearcat
11-12-2007, 05:17 PM
A friend of mine said he was watching Herm and Shanahan yesterday during commercial breaks.. he said when the Broncos were on offense, Shanahan was always busy looking through previous plays and so forth; while when the Chiefs were on offense, Herm was usually playing with the turf with his foot.

And it was pretty obvious Herm didn't do much more than that in the locker room at halftime.

Count Alex's Wins
11-12-2007, 05:18 PM
when the Broncos were on offense, Shanahan was always busy looking through previous plays and so forth; while when the Chiefs were on offense, Herm was usually playing with the turf with his foot.

There's a good reason for that.

SHANAHAN CALLS THE PLAYS.

noa
11-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Don't buy my stats? Look at the sagarin "pure points", which is his beset predictor, and we are ranked #27 in the league, behind MIAMI and a bunch of bad teams. This is NOT a good football team, and only homers think so.

Its not a good football team, but its also not all Herm's fault. He couldn't possibly have replaced an entire OLine, QB, and WR corps in just two years. I hold it against him for being so conservative and for sticking with Mike Solari this season, but I don't hold everything against him because we simply don't have the personnel to be a good offense. We have a great TE, a good WR, and we had a good RB, but as we saw, that doesn't mean much when you can't block and your QB sucks.

FAX
11-12-2007, 05:24 PM

ROFL

And Herm calls "Dandelion Foundsies!!!"

FAX

WARPARTY70
11-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Year Off. yards per play def. yards per play net
2005 5.8 5.4 +.4

The numbers don't lie. Herm has been a disaster.
These stats are from Herm last year with the Jets I assume!!!

Bearcat
11-12-2007, 05:27 PM

I'm aware of that, but it was pretty obvious on the field who was making the adjustments; and I thought it was fitting that he (a Broncos fan, who is also well aware that Shanahan calls the plays) mentioned that after the game.

Solari and Herm should just script the entire game so they wouldn't even have to show up to the game.

noa
11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
I think the one good thing Herm brings to the table on game day is that players like to play for him. The Jets players said so after not liking Mangina.
I think Herm just needs to bring in an OC who isn't a mental midget and keep doing what he's doing and we'll be headed in the right direction. I really don't think there's many coaches out there who could have this offense performing well considering the crap our OLine is and our QB situation.

FringeNC
11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Let's think about the question differently...

Suppose when Herm was hired, you were told those were going to be these numbers and you were told we'd lose Roaf, then Shields.

I guarantee NO ONE would have been satisfied with is at a -.6 per play differential. Yet now, Herm is not held accountable. Right now, this is a terrible football team, and not a particularly young one at that. Green Bay and Indy are the two youngest teams -- we're not close in age.

TEX
11-12-2007, 05:32 PM
It might have somthing to do with him having to completely rebuild the defense, and now he has to completely redo the offense because the one he got was old as shit and part of them have already retired, and another part of them should. Herm is doing a great job for the situation he was put it. He also has just as many playoff apperances as Dick did in his whole tenure here.

Are you serious? Great job? It was mostly DV's team he took to the playoffs. And our defense is very average at best.

noa
11-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Let's think about the question differently...

Suppose when Herm was hired, you were told those were going to be these numbers and you were told we'd lose Roaf, then Shields.

I guarantee NO ONE would have been satisfied with is at a -.6 per play differential. Yet now, Herm is not held accountable. Right now, this is a terrible football team, and not a particularly young one at that. Green Bay and Indy are the two youngest teams -- we're not close in age.

I think you hold Carl accountable for change in offensive production. The OLine went to shite and we just watched it happen. How many OLine have we drafted the last few years that are going to make an impact? If we're lucky, one or two. That's about it. Carl and DV had plenty of time to plan for the future and draft some good linemen. Instead, we wasted picks on Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii, etc.

As for getting younger, we're not younger at every position because you can't just cut every old guy on the team. But we are younger in general. As of this week, we are younger at QB, we drafted a WR, we have young safeties, a young defensive line...we're old at CB, OLine and MLB, but like I said, you can't just fix everything in two years.
People who want to hold Herm accountable for this just don't have realistic expectations of what it takes to change an entire team, which is what we needed to do.

TEX
11-12-2007, 05:38 PM
I think the one good thing Herm brings to the table on game day is that players like to play for him. The Jets players said so after not liking Mangina.
I think Herm just needs to bring in an OC who isn't a mental midget and keep doing what he's doing and we'll be headed in the right direction. I really don't think there's many coaches out there who could have this offense performing well considering the crap our OLine is and our QB situation.

How come WHEREVER Herm goes he needs to bring in new OC's all the time? Wasn't Herm part of the evaulation process of the O-line? Didn't he call out Solari after a preseason game in '06 for being "too aggresive?" Man, I can't believe the free passes this idiot coach gets. This retard QUIT on his last team and now he's leading ours. He couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag, but he could sure talk his way out. :shake:

Reerun_KC
11-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Going to the playoffs and losing in the first round seems the equivalent of going to the prom with one's sister.

But that is all we know as Chiefs fans. A successful season is 9-7 and a first round playoff loss...

forget winning or even saving face, Chiefs fans celebrate the playoff bitch slapping like a superbowl win...

it is pretty pathetic to say the least...

Last year we strut around all off season because we were a playoff team! ROFL In all seriousness, we were an embarrassment to the league and its fans...

Bearcat
11-12-2007, 05:47 PM
How come WHEREVER Herm goes he needs to bring in new OC's all the time? Wasn't Herm part of the evaulation process of the O-line? Didn't he call out Solari after a preseason game in '06 for being "too aggresive?" Man, I can't believe the free passes this idiot coach gets. This retard QUIT on his last team and now he's leading ours. He couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag, but he could sure talk his way out. :shake:

:toast: :clap:

One of the first things he said in his press conference after losing to the Colts in the playoffs was "we didn't change anything". That's the moment (I almost wrecked my car) I lost all respect and faith in him. He's more predictable than Tom Brady saying "we have a lot to improve on" after a 40 point win, and completely clueless.

This week it was "if it wasn't for the two turnovers".... Uh, yeah, we were going to win 8-6 with our Run and Screen Offense :banghead: