PDA

View Full Version : KU MU T-Shirt war

irishjayhawk
11-12-2007, 10:40 PM
(image removed by request of alleged copyright holder pending confirmation)

You know what the best part of Kansas and Missouri having their best ever seasons at the very same time is? The entire nation will get exposed to what is possibly the most bitter and hateful rivalry in the country in all it's glory (or shame, if you prefer). You can have your Ohio State v. Michigan or Alabama v. Auburn, but the last time I checked nobody from Columbus ever went to Ann Arbor and systematically executed every man they could find while burning the town to the ground. And certainly nobody made t-shirts later celebrating that fact.

But that did happen in 1863 in Lawrence, KS when William Quantrill led his band of "Bushwackers" to the "Jayhawker" stronghold and went on a 4 hour rampage that would become known as the "Lawrence Massacre" - one of the ugliest episodes of the brutal 10+ years of fighting along the Kansas and Missouri border. While the Civil War has become the South v. the North in most people's minds, the fighting in fact began as a violent guerrilla conflict between the abolitionists in Kansas and the slave holding Missouri settlers (more or less, like many guerrilla campaigns there were quite blurred lines at times). In many ways, those old wounds have never quite healed - Grandpa Simpson will be be deep in the cold, cold ground before he recognizes Missour-ah as a state, for example.

Those t-shirts seen above that some Missouri fans are making for the showdown at Arrowhead in two weeks are celebrating the Lawrence Massacre and in fact have Quantrill's visage and slogan emblazoned on the back - "Raise the Black Flag and Ride Hard Boys. Our Cause is Just and Our Enemies Many". Talk about going straight past normal levels of fan behavior and making a hard right turn into loony land, that might be the single most offensive gameday t-shirt I've ever seen. Kansas fans are now responding with t-shirts sporting noted violent Kansas abolitionist John Brown (who led a massacre of his own and the 1859 Harper's Ferry raid that really kicked off the Civil War powder keg) with the slogan "Keeping America Safe From Missouri Since 1854" - a mock-up of those t-shirts can be seen here.

This game is going to be played on a neutral site at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City - home to huge parking lots for tailgating and beer sales in the stadium during the game. It's going to be for a berth in the Big XII Championship Game at the very least, and a shot at the National Championship at the most. Liquored up fans sharing the same parking lots and stadium, some who are celebrating their history of brutal violence against each other? Two fanbases who hate each other, with the chance to not only continue their own dream season but also to end the chance of glory for their rivals? Yeah, no way that doesn't end up without at least a few folks in the slammer. It's going to be a fun Saturday for the KCPD and Jackson County Sheriffs.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/12/we-burned-your-town-to-the-ground/

Demonpenz
11-12-2007, 10:43 PM
good lord.

Guru
11-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Real CLASS there.

kcpasco
11-12-2007, 10:55 PM
You know you probably started WW3 on this board with this thread

Kansas could just make a T-shirt with innocent women and children being slaughtered.

pikesome
11-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Am I alone in thinking this is a new height (or low as may be) of tasteless? Real, honest to god, massacres shouldn't be fodder for a sports rivalry.

Although, I do remember a rather deep disdain of Missourians from my teachers in school over this very topic when it came up sometime in elementary school.

Valiant
11-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah unfortunately Harpers Ferry is not in Missouri so their shirts are kinda dumb..

Now using Bushwacker shirts is hilarious.. Its actually the name of our group that goes to Wizards games..

Valiant
11-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Am I alone in thinking this is a new height (or low as may be) of tasteless? Real, honest to god, massacres shouldn't be fodder for a sports rivalry.

Although, I do remember a rather deep disdain of Missourians from my teachers in school over this very topic when it came up sometime in elementary school.

Not really no one is glorifying the violence.. They are glorifying Kansans getting owned/destroyed by people from Missouri.. People are looking way too much into this..

It is no worse then the Muck Fizzou shirts..

irishjayhawk
11-12-2007, 11:00 PM
You know you probably started WW3 on this board with this thread

Kansas could just make a T-shirt with innocent women and children being slaughtered.

Of course I have a bias, but I am fairly confident our shirt isn't that offensive - in comparison.

John Brown was an abolitionist.
Violent? Yes.
Extreme? Yes.

Of course, in retrospect, both were needed to overcome slavery altogether. It's just Kansas has the fact of being on the right side of moral relativity to pin on it's chest.

Personally, I think it could have been a simpler response:

Scoreboard: 13th Amendment.

Silock
11-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Wow, that's ****ing LOW.

Silock
11-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Not really no one is glorifying the violence.. They are glorifying Kansans getting owned/destroyed by people from Missouri..

So, they're not glorifying violence, just the fact that people were killed?

Huh?

Silock
11-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Of course I have a bias, but I am fairly confident our shirt isn't that offensive - in comparison.

I think they're both equally stupid and offensive.

irishjayhawk
11-12-2007, 11:07 PM
I think they're both equally stupid and offensive.

I don't think they're equal at all.

One celebrates a town burning. Ours just celebrates a radical abolitionist. Further, one actually says scoreboard on the massacre.

It's like if we (US) wore a Scoreboard shirt with the a-bomb drop to a Japan World Cup game.

And I never said ours wasn't SOMEWHAT offensive. Just not equal.

duncan_idaho
11-12-2007, 11:07 PM
jayhawkers=bushwhackers=all murdering thugs.

Our murdering thugs just happened to do something a little more famous than your murdering thugs. Burning Lawrence is just a little more prominent for burning the town of Osceola (which at the time was the largest/one of the largest settlements in the Western half of the state).

kcpasco
11-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Just the logo of KU is offensive to Missouri

Lets name our school after a bunch of murderers and rapist.

pikesome
11-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Not really no one is glorifying the violence.. They are glorifying Kansans getting owned/destroyed by people from Missouri.. People are looking way too much into this..

A slight difference, flippancy at the willful killing of others is a bit tasteless. It's kind of in the same category as showing up at a Columbine sporting event wearing a T-Shirt with two dudes in trench-coats on it and the caption "Stay Down Bitches".

Valiant
11-12-2007, 11:09 PM

Huh?

No just a lot of peoples panties in a wad.. The sole purpose of the shirt is to show Missourians kicking the shit out of Kansans and nothing more..

They are using historical fact to rile up Kansas fans which seems to be working..

Hell I bet money that a good 4th of Kansas students don't even know about the incident..

Third Eye
11-12-2007, 11:09 PM
The level of political correctness that allows this to be a "big deal" saddens me.

kcpasco
11-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Missourians burnt down Lawrence because your Jayhawks were out raping and killing Missouri women and children.

irishjayhawk
11-12-2007, 11:11 PM
The level of political correctness that allows this to be a "big deal" saddens me.

Agreed completely!

However, it applies 10000x more to the MUCK FIZZOU hoopla. Or [insert any incarnation of that style for any team]

pikesome
11-12-2007, 11:11 PM

Or make a shirt glorifying an attack by slavery supporters. There was a lot of bad behavior both sides, neither less guilty than the other.

kcpasco
11-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Or make a shirt glorifying an attack by slavery supporters. There was a lot of bad behavior both sides, neither less guilty than the other.

I agree

Its in the past, and no I don't like the shirt

pikesome
11-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Missourians burnt down Lawrence because your Jayhawks were out raping and killing Missouri women and children.

And that makes it all right? Let me guess you're the same kind of guy who doesn't see the bad in guys blowing themselves up on a bus in Israel. They deserved it, right?

Third Eye
11-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Hell I bet money that a good 4th of Kansas students don't even know about the incident..
Considering how many people go to KU from out of state, I would imagine the number to be consiberably higher. Very few people, outside of history majors or civil war buffs, not from Missouri or Kansas have heard of Bleeding Kansas.

Silock
11-12-2007, 11:15 PM
No just a lot of peoples panties in a wad.. The sole purpose of the shirt is to show Missourians kicking the shit out of Kansans and nothing more..

They are using historical fact to rile up Kansas fans which seems to be working..

It's not the purpose of the shirt that's stupid. It's fine to show teams beating up another team, but it's entirely different to glorify the violence behind it. It wouldn't have been okay for me to make a shirt with holocaust victims on it just because we happened to be playing Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy that week.

Valiant
11-12-2007, 11:16 PM
A slight difference, flippancy at the willful killing of others is a bit tasteless. It's kind of in the same category as showing up at a Columbine sporting event wearing a T-Shirt with two dudes in trench-coats on it and the caption "Stay Down Bitches".

Maybe if the trench-coat wearers originally were from a rival school that did the deed, and then 100 years later somebody wanted to mock it..

Seriously a smart KU fan would just make fun of them back of Missouri being so consistently bad for decades.. or use championship smack..

But to get your panties in a wad and cry is just silly, you are playing right into their hands on pissing you off..

pikesome
Considering how many people go to KU from out of state, I would imagine the number to be consiberably higher. Very few people, outside of history majors or civil war buffs, not from Missouri or Kansas have heard of Bleeding Kansas.

That's no lie. I knew someone from St Louis in the Navy and made a pointed crack about the whole deal with the voting, massacres, the works, and we got in to a bit of a heated discussion. The others around were completely lost.

kcpasco
And that makes it all right? Let me guess you're the same kind of guy who doesn't see the bad in guys blowing themselves up on a bus in Israel. They deserved it, right?

No I agree the shirt is classless but most people don't know the history behind it.

irishjayhawk
11-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Maybe if the trench-coat wearers originally were from a rival school that did the deed, and then 100 years later somebody wanted to mock it..

Seriously a smart KU fan would just make fun of them back of Missouri been so consistently bad for decades.. or use championship smack..

But to get your panties in a wad and cry is just silly, you are playing right into their hands on pissing you off..

Don't assume that it's just KU fans who are upset or "have their panties up in a wad and cry".

Just saying.

Valiant
11-12-2007, 11:19 PM

Lol I actually meant all Kansas schools.. But you are right...

jidar
11-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Seriously a smart KU fan would just make fun of them back of Missouri been so consistently bad for decades.. or use championship smack..

I am certain that you are extremely under qualified to say what any smart person would do, KU fan or not.

pikesome
11-12-2007, 11:21 PM

There's a lot of smack that could be said without bring up a particularly evil part of both states histories. The vote rigging, the slavery, massacres, retaliation, all bad, bad stuff that ought to viewed a bit more thoughtfully. I like I mention previously it's not too unlike the Israeli - Palestinian problem although it's in the past now. A football games not really the place to dig it up. Lets just talk about how the inbreeding makes Mizzou fans' eyes too close together and their knuckles drag.

Ari Chi3fs
11-12-2007, 11:22 PM

I see it the same way.

In fact, I laughed at the "Scoreboard" tag line. Witty. ****ers.

Valiant
11-12-2007, 11:22 PM
It's not the purpose of the shirt that's stupid. It's fine to show teams beating up another team, but it's entirely different to glorify the violence behind it. It wouldn't have been okay for me to make a shirt with holocaust victims on it just because we happened to be playing Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy that week.

Seriously unless you start petitioning to get KU name changed you are a hypocrite.. The Jayhawker name alone is an atrocity..

Like I said before panties in a wad...

Ari Chi3fs
11-12-2007, 11:27 PM
The origin of the term "Jayhawker" is uncertain. During the Civil war the members of the Seventh Kansas regiment, commanded by Col. C. R. Jennison, became known as "Jayhawkers", and probably from this fact the jayhawker came to be regarded by many as purely a Kansas institution, and in more recent years the term "Jayhawker" is applied to Kansas men and products, much as the word "Hoosier" is applied to an Indianian, or the word "Buckeye" to a resident of Ohio. But there is plenty of evidence that the word was in use long before the outbreak of the Civil War.

In 1849 a party of gold seekers from Galesburg, Illinois, bound overland for California, took the name of jayhawkers. Adjutant-General Fox (corroborated by other members of the Galesburg party) said the name was coined on the Platte River in that year, and offered the following explanation of how it was adopted: "Some kind of hawks, as they sail up in the air reconnoitering for mice and other small prey, look and act as though they were the whole thing. Then the audience of jays and other small but jealous and vicious birds sail in and jab him until he gets tired of show life and slides out of trouble in the lower earth. Now, perhaps this is what happens among fellows on the trail—jaybirds and hawks enact the same role, pro and con—out of pure devilment and to pass the hours of a long march. At any rate, ours was the crowd that created the word 'jayhawker' at the date and locality above stated . . . . So far as Kansas is concerned, the word was borrowed or copied; it is not a home product."[1]

While the Civil War-era meaning of the term originated during the Bleeding Kansas Affair, Civil War jayhawkers are to be distinguished from Free State Jayhawkers who fought during Bleeding Kansas, which occurred in the decade leading up to the Civil War. Some Civil War jayhawkers had in fact supported Kansas' admission to the union as a slave state, and had fought on the opposite side from the Free-Staters during the earlier conflict. Some of their organizers, such as James H. Lane (R), were nonetheless prominent abolitionist politicians. As is often the case in insurgencies, the conflict between bushwhackers and jayhawkers rapidly escalated into a succession of atrocities committed by both sides.

Well-known jayhawkers include Lane and Charles "Doc" Jennison. Jennison's vicious raids into Missouri were thorough and indiscriminate, and left five counties in western Missouri wasted, save for the standing brick chimneys of the two-storey period houses, which are still called "Jennison Monuments" in the areas. Lane and his band of militants wore red gaiters, earning them the nickname "Redlegs", or "Redleggers". This moniker was often used interchangably with the term "jayhawkers," although it was sometimes used to refer specifically to jayhawkers who refused to join units officially sanctioned by the U.S. Army. Guerrillas on both sides of the Missouri-Kansas border achieved some measure of legitimacy through sanction from the Federal and Confederate governments, and the bands who scorned such sanction were typically even more vicious and indiscriminate in their methods than their bureaucratically recognized counterparts. Even within Kansas, the jayhawkers were not always popular because, in the absence of federal support, they supplied themselves by stealing horses and supplies from farmers.

Jayhawker bands waged numerous invasions of Missouri and also committed some of the most notorious atrocities of the Civil War, including the Lane-led massacre at Osceola, Missouri, in which the entire town was set aflame and at least 9 of the male residents killed. The sacking of Osceola inspired the 1976 film The Outlaw Josey Wales, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood. Jayhawkers also were accused of engineering the collapse of a jail in Kansas City in which female relatives of bushwhackers were incarcerated by Union sympathizers because of their connection to pro-Confederate guerrillas. These two incidents were prior to the Lawrence Massacre in Lawrence, Kansas, led by William Quantrill and his band of bushwhackers.

Pitt Gorilla
I'm no history expert, but wasn't the burning of Larryland retaliation for the Hawkers burning Osceola, MO? If we're playing the PC game, shouldn't the glorification of the name "Jayhawk" be just as offensive as that T-shirt?

Third Eye
Is it just me or is anyone else looking forward to the absolute trainwreck this board is going to become next week?

Demonpenz
11-12-2007, 11:28 PM
ehh I saw worse T-shirts at the Kent state army game

Valiant
11-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else looking forward to the absolute trainwreck this board is going to become next week?

Should be fun.. I am an Oregon fan so have at each other..

Ari Chi3fs
11-12-2007, 11:29 PM
You guys should be the Missouri Bushwhackers.

irishjayhawk
11-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Should be fun.. I am an Oregon fan so have at each other..

FWIW, I'm confident Oregon is the #1 team. But, you know, LSU's gotta get their love apparently.

pikesome
11-12-2007, 11:31 PM

It's going to be bad. I've been happy enough with the Jayhawks so far I haven't felt the need to get stupid but if we take care of business this weekend, it's going to get real bad.

Ari Chi3fs
Missouri was bad... they wanted slaves to do all their work for them. Kansans are by nature, hard workers... Missourians want everyone to do their work for them.

Lazy ****s.

----

Missouri was fertile ground for the outbreak of guerrilla warfare in late 1861. Secessionists had already been organized to some extent by the proslavery "Border Ruffian" movement of the 1850s, in which Missourians crossed the border into the Kansas Territory in an effort to make it a slave state. Unionists were less well organized, but the populace was nevertheless deeply divided.

In 1861, the campaign between Union and Missouri forces rolled back and forth across the southern half of the state, until finally the governor, Claiborne F. Jackson, and the Missouri State Guard, under the command of General Sterling Price, were largely forced into Arkansas before the end of the year. Across the countryside, however, skirmishes erupted between Unionist and secessionist Missourians, and between secessionists and Union irregulars from Kansas who entered the state to plunder.

The insurgency flared in those areas where Union forces were weakest. As Union soldiers concentrated to fight against Price's State Guard and regular Confederate forces under General Ben McCulloch, few were available to occupy the territory to the rear. It was only in late 1861, as garrisons were established in important towns, that the weaker and more poorly organized Confederate guerrillas were defeated, and stronger, more capable units came together. The most notorious of these was that led by William Clarke Quantrill.

[edit] Methods and legal status

Quantrill was not the only Confederate guerrilla operating in Missouri, but he rapidly won the greatest renown. He and his men ambushed Union patrols and supply convoys, seized the mail, and occasionally struck at undefended towns on either side of the Kansas-Missouri border. Reflecting the internecine nature of the guerrilla conflict in Missouri, Quantrill directed much of his effort against Unionist civilians, attempting to drive them from of the territory where he operated. Under his direction, Confederate partisans also perfected military tactics such as coordinated and synchronized attacks, planned dispersal after an attack using pre-planned routes and relays of horses, and other technical methods, including the use of the long-barrled revolvers that later became the preferred firearm of western lawmen and outlaws alike. The James-Younger Gang, many of whose members had ridden with Quantrill, applied these same techniques after the war.

Quantrill claimed sanction under the Confederate Partisan Ranger Act, which authorized certain guerrilla activities, and apparently he had received a regular Confederate commission as a captain. However, like almost all of the Missouri bushwhackers, he operated outside of the Confederate chain of command. Some of his activities, most notably his massacre of some 200 men and boys in Lawrence, Kansas, in August 1863, appalled the Confederate authorities. In the winter of 1862-63, when Quantrill led his men behind Confederate lines into Texas, their often lawless presence proved an embarrassment to the Confederate command. Yet the generals appreciated his effectiveness against Union forces, which never gained the upper hand over Quantrill.

[edit] Dissolution and aftermath

During that winter, Quantrill lost his hold over his men. In early 1864, the guerrillas that he had led through the streets of Lawrence returned to Missouri from Texas in separate bands, none of them led by Quantrill himself. Though Quantrill would gather some of his men again at the very end of 1864, the days of Quantrill's Raiders were over.

Quantrill died at the hands of Union forces in Kentucky in May 1865, but his legacy would live on. Many of his men, including Frank James, rode in 1864 under one of his former lieutenants, "Bloody Bill" Anderson, who was killed in October 1864. Much of that group remained together under the leadership of Archie Clement, who kept the gang together after the war, and harassed the Republican state government of Missouri during the tumultuous year of 1866. In December 1866, state militiamen killed Clement in Lexington, Missouri, but his men continued on as outlaws, emerging in time as the James-Younger Gang.

Silock

Thinking it's stupid and "panties in a wad" are two different things.

irishjayhawk
I'm no history expert, but wasn't the burning of Larryland retaliation for the Hawkers burning Osceola, MO? If we're playing the PC game, shouldn't the glorification of the name "Jayhawk" be just as offensive as that T-shirt?

Fair point.

pikesome

This post is not without a good point.

Simplex3
11-12-2007, 11:32 PM

:spock:

How many people died during the Muck Fizzou Massacre?

irishjayhawk
11-12-2007, 11:33 PM
:spock:

How many people died during the Muck Fizzou Massacre?

3045730495 + 1

kcpasco
11-12-2007, 11:33 PM

Why would we want to name our school after a bunch of pro slavery inbred thugs.

Third Eye
11-12-2007, 11:34 PM
It's going to be bad. I've been happy enough with the Jayhawks so far I haven't felt the need to get stupid but if we take care of business this weekend, it's going to get real bad.
I'm sure both teams will take care of business this weekend. They are both considerably better than their competition. Even if they start out slow because they are looking ahead to next week, both teams should win easily.

Buck
11-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Who thinks either team can beat OU?

Third Eye
11-12-2007, 11:36 PM
OU is vulnerable outside of Norman. Just ask the Buffaloes. Plus, the crowd in Texas is likely to be anti-OU regardless of who they play.

irishjayhawk
11-12-2007, 11:36 PM

I think KU can. And I think MU can (and should have).

Having said that, KU has to take out MU to play them. MU has to take out KU just to get revenge so, it's really early to talk about beating OU for any team.

pikesome
11-12-2007, 11:38 PM

This year? Both. Neither. Who knows? KU even being in a position to play for a Big 12 champ, maybe, let alone talk of a NC is down right crazy talk. Mizzou was supposed to be good this year, I think they fricken sped past just "good" though. Them playing for a conf champ is only a little less crazy.

Buck
11-12-2007, 11:38 PM
OU is vulnerable outside of Norman. Just ask the Buffaloes. Plus, the crowd in Texas is likely to be anti-OU regardless of who they play.

I do remember when KSU beat OU that year.

Which brings up an unrelated point, how can you go to the Nat'l Championship game without even winning your own Conference?

Simplex3
11-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Actually, it's kind of humorous that the Missouri fans missed the point that they're second fiddle even when it comes to burning towns.

pikesome
11-12-2007, 11:40 PM
I do remember when KSU beat OU that year.

Which brings up an unrelated point, how can you go to the Nat'l Championship game without even winning your own Conference?

The high school popularity contest that is college football.

Valiant
11-12-2007, 11:43 PM

MU/KU both should readily destroy OU on a neutral field..

Buck
11-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Lets say KU/MU beats OU in the Big XII Championship game, The winner will be in a BCS bowl obviously, but what about the Loser?

Do they go to the Holiday Bowl?

Cause if so I want OU to lose, and USC is likely going to finish 3rd in the Pac-10.

This means OU-USC in the Holiday Bowl here in San Diego...

Simplex3
11-12-2007, 11:44 PM
While we're renaming things using historical information, let's not forget some of the original names put forward for KCMO, including:

Port Fonda
Rabbitville

and my favorite:

Possum Trot.

http://www.kcmo.org/kcmo.nsf/web/kchistory?opendocument

Buck
11-12-2007, 11:45 PM
While we're renaming things using historical information, let's not forget some of the original names put forward for KCMO, including:

Port Fonda
Rabbitville

and my favorite:

Possum Trot.

http://www.kcmo.org/kcmo.nsf/web/kchistory?opendocument

Suppose KC was Rabbitville or Possum Trot, what do you think the name of the Chiefs would have been? Roadkill? LMAO, sorry had to.

tomahawk kid
11-12-2007, 11:49 PM

Ding, ding, ding.

You'll find that many Kansas "historians" have selective memories when it comes to that.

They'll damn Quantrill and his bushwackers to hell, but turn a blind eye to the events leading up to the raid.

I'm not trying to justify the t-shirt at all, but history bears out that terrible acts of cruelty were commited by both sides.

I'm just sick of Kansans acting like their shit doesn't stink..........

pikesome
11-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Lets say KU/MU beats OU in the Big XII Championship game, The winner will be in a BCS bowl obviously, but what about the Loser?

Cause if so I want OU to lose, and USC is likely going to finish 3rd in the Pac-10.

KU wins Big 12...ought to be NC talk.
MU wins...they go to Fiesta
OU wins...Fiesta

The problem is the losers will probably get jumped by Texas for an At Large spot in a BCS bowl.

Simplex3
11-12-2007, 11:51 PM
We'll start just as soon as you guys quit asking for our money every time you want to build something.

:p

pikesome
11-12-2007, 11:52 PM
We'll start just as soon as you guys quit asking for our money every time you want to build something.

:thumb:
Nice. :)

Third Eye
11-12-2007, 11:52 PM

After a quick perusal of the Holiday Bowl Wiki page, the 2nd place Pac-10 and 3rd place Big 12 play.

tomahawk kid
11-12-2007, 11:54 PM

That's not entirely true.....

Only for stuff in the western part of the state......

:)

Buck
11-12-2007, 11:54 PM
After a quick perusal of the Holiday Bowl Wiki page, the 2nd place Pac-10 and 3rd place Big 12 play.

Aww shucks.

Third Eye
11-12-2007, 11:55 PM
KU wins Big 12...ought to be NC talk.
MU wins...they go to Fiesta
OU wins...Fiesta

The problem is the losers will probably get jumped by Texas for an At Large spot in a BCS bowl.
If either KU or MU wins out, they should be in the NC game. Beating 2 top 5 BCS teams in the last two weeks should bump them up.

pikesome
11-12-2007, 11:56 PM

I thought that, with the exception of the champ, none of the Big 12 teams are set for a spot, they're available for at-large but that's based on being invited by that bowl.

pikesome
11-12-2007, 11:58 PM
If either KU or MU wins out, they should be in the NC game. Beating 2 top 5 BCS teams in the last two weeks should bump them up.

MU has that one loss though, I can't see them getting the nod over LSU and/or Oregon. I'm actually somewhat concerned that an undefeated KU wouldn't play for a NC, the jock straps of LSU and Oregon are mighty crowded.

Buck
11-12-2007, 11:58 PM
I thought that, with the exception of the champ, none of the Big 12 teams are set for a spot, they're available for at-large but that's based on being invited by that bowl.

My dream Holiday Bowl would be OU or UT vs. USC...even MU or KU vs. USC would do.

And if its either of those teams, and you come out here, see ya at the game.

pikesome
11-13-2007, 12:02 AM
My dream Holiday Bowl would be OU or UT vs. USC...even MU or KU vs. USC would do.

And if its either of those teams, and you come out here, see ya at the game.

I know you like it but if I never have to go to SD again, good. I wasn't fond of it the many, many times my ship stopped there to get planes. Just as I'm sure you would grow tired, quickly, of Kansas.

Buck
11-13-2007, 12:04 AM
I know you like it but if I never have to go to SD again, good. I wasn't fond of it the many, many times my ship stopped there to get planes. Just as I'm sure you would grow tired, quickly, of Kansas.

If you are used to whatever it is that Kansas has, then yeah I guess. I bet if you stayed here for a long time you'd realize how laid back it is for a big city. Then again, I could be wrong.

Third Eye
11-13-2007, 12:04 AM
MU has that one loss though, I can't see them getting the nod over LSU and/or Oregon. I'm actually somewhat concerned that an undefeated KU wouldn't play for a NC, the jock straps of LSU and Oregon are mighty crowded.
Yes, but LSU's loss was to Kentucky at home, and Oregon's was to Cal at home. MU's was in Norman and to a team ranked higher than either of the other two.

Frazod
11-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Oh I have got to get one of those shirts! :evil:

beer bacon
11-13-2007, 01:42 AM

I loved going to Bushwhackers Days growing up in Blue Springs, Missouri.

Bump
11-13-2007, 02:08 AM
how come I never heard of that? I'm surprised I never heard of that when I went to KU.

Bob Dole
11-13-2007, 02:22 AM
I loved going to Bushwhackers Days growing up in Blue Springs, Missouri.

You should have been attending the real Bushwhacker Days in Nevada, MO, home of the Bushwhacker Museum, and county seat of Vernon County which was raided by Brown a year before he got all famous with his raid on Harper's Ferry.

Morton and his dirty, thieving Jayhawkers burned Bob Dole's home town to the ground in 1863, 3 months before Order No. 11. **** the Jayhawks.

Personally, Bob Dole prefers the official "Partisan Ranger" to "Bushwhacker".

beer bacon
11-13-2007, 02:30 AM
You should have been attending the real Bushwhacker Days in Nevada, MO, home of the Bushwhacker Museum, and county seat of Vernon County which was raided by Brown a year before he got all famous with his raid on Harper's Ferry.

Morton and his dirty, thieving Jayhawkers burned Bob Dole's home town to the ground in 1863, 3 months before Order No. 11. **** the Jayhawks.

Personally, Bob Dole prefers the official "Partisan Ranger" to "Bushwhacker".

Growing up I had no idea what bushwhacker really meant. I just knew Bushwhacker Days meant turkey legs, go-carts, and horrible, horrible karaoke.

kepp
11-13-2007, 07:02 AM
Plenty of horrific things were done by both "sides" during that time. The shirt is a tremendously stupid idea, as is the KU shirt in response.

KC Kings
11-13-2007, 07:14 AM
I really don't think that anybody is glorifying the murdering of women and children, they are just trying to find something original to put on a t-shirt. Would I wear it? No, but I also wouldn't wear a Che Guevara t-shirt and many more that are seen all of the time, and no less offensive than this one.

I am just happy that both teams are amoung the best in the country, and this game will spark a serious rivalry for years to come. There has always been a rivalry, but before 2004 there weren't a lot of KU football fans and it wasn't as much fun. It was kind of like the Royals/Cardinals rivalry, which is only a rivalry because the media says it is. Now that the fan base is up there, the games will be a lot more fun to watch. Just like the MU/KU basketball rivalry, without all of the MU fans there actually hoping for the upset, it would be just another win for KU.

Frazod
11-13-2007, 08:52 AM
I really don't think that anybody is glorifying the murdering of women and children, they are just trying to find something original to put on a t-shirt. Would I wear it? No, but I also wouldn't wear a Che Guevara t-shirt and many more that are seen all of the time, and no less offensive than this one.

Actually, you guys have been watching Josey Wales too much. There was very little murdering/raping of women and children going on, although raiders on both sides had no trouble gunning down their husbands/fathers right in front of them and then stealing all that could be carried and burning all that could not.

IMO, many of you would be much better served by picking up a book occasionally and not get your history lessons from Clint Eastwood.

DJJasonp
11-13-2007, 08:58 AM
I thought the bushwackers were these guys...

Cochise
11-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Not that we should glorify either group.. but this is a tshirt. It's not the school's mascot.

pikesome
11-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Actually, you guys have been watching Josey Wales too much. There was very little murdering/raping of women and children going on, although raiders on both sides had no trouble gunning down their husbands/fathers right in front of them and then stealing all that could be carried and burning all that could not.

IMO, many of you would be much better served by picking up a book occasionally and not get your history lessons from Clint Eastwood.

Those don't come on a PSP or a DS.

schneider221
11-13-2007, 09:46 AM

btw its not the second place and 3rd place teams. it is the holiday bowls choice for whatever eligible pac10 team will be the second to go to the bowl same with big 12... which is why people are saying texas will jump ku/mu.

OmahaChief
11-13-2007, 09:48 AM
The mere thought that KU fans think they could beat OU makes me laugh out loud. What in the hell makes you people think you can take OU is it the 19-14 win over CU you guys had or the 19-11 win against A&M or the 6 point win over 5-5 KSU? Mizzou had already started the demolition of that NU team for you so those 76 points look cool on a scoreboard but how about those 39 that NU put up. Even you are smart enough to know 39 is 6.5 times great then the 6 points that same team with all of the starters on offense put up on Mizzou. I just don't see what you Jayhawkers think makes you so unbeatable.

We will find out in a couple weeks but until then I can rejoice in the fact that I can count on Jayhawk fan to cheer up my day with a laugh.

Brock
11-13-2007, 10:00 AM
The mere thought that KU fans think they could beat OU makes me laugh out loud. What in the hell makes you people think you can take OU is it the 19-14 win over CU you guys had or the 19-11 win against A&M or the 6 point win over 5-5 KSU? Mizzou had already started the demolition of that NU team for you so those 76 points look cool on a scoreboard but how about those 39 that NU put up. Even you are smart enough to know 39 is 6.5 times great then the 6 points that same team with all of the starters on offense put up on Mizzou. I just don't see what you Jayhawkers think makes you so unbeatable.

We will find out in a couple weeks but until then I can rejoice in the fact that I can count on Jayhawk fan to cheer up my day with a laugh.

I don't see one single post from a Jayhawk fan saying KU is unbeatable, or that they would necessarily beat OU. Are you making shit up, or do you just have a lot of trouble understanding what you read?

Mr. Plow
11-13-2007, 10:05 AM

For some people, it's just better to not speak.

OmahaChief
11-13-2007, 12:07 PM
I think KU can. And I think MU can (and should have).

Having said that, KU has to take out MU to play them. MU has to take out KU just to get revenge so, it's really early to talk about beating OU for any team.

Brock and Blow meet example #1 of a KU fan that thinks they that KU will beat OU. I think Valiant is an Oregon fan but he also claimed hat KU or MU could whip OU.

Maybe it is both of you that should read the threads a bit closer so you are not made to look like the imbiciles that KU fans are. You obviously are upset at my comments becuase I pointed out facts that you all seeminly over look each time you open your mouths to spew your garbage about the Jayhawks.

The portion of my post about you guys thinking you are near unbeatable comes from listening to the drivel that has littered the airwaves since you guys were about 6-0. We have seen numerous posts on this site about the juggernaut that is KU football and how the Jayhawks are steam rolling people. Who are you kidding?

Hears to KU winning again this weekend and then getting exposed for the frauds you are at Arrowhead.

irishjayhawk
11-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Brock and Blow meet example #1 of a KU fan that thinks they that KU will beat OU. I think Valiant is an Oregon fan but he also claimed hat KU or MU could whip OU.

Maybe it is both of you that should read the threads a bit closer so you are not made to look like the imbiciles that KU fans are. You obviously are upset at my comments becuase I pointed out facts that you all seeminly over look each time you open your mouths to spew your garbage about the Jayhawks.

The portion of my post about you guys thinking you are near unbeatable comes from listening to the drivel that has littered the airwaves since you guys were about 6-0. We have seen numerous posts on this site about the juggernaut that is KU football and how the Jayhawks are steam rolling people. Who are you kidding?

Hears to KU winning again this weekend and then getting exposed for the frauds you are at Arrowhead.

Thinking is different than declaring. Good, I'm glad that's settled.

I think the Patriots are going to lose. That doesn't mean they're going to lose. I think the Chiefs will win. That doesn't mean the Chiefs will win.

Thinking doesn't make someone a moron. Any given Sunday. In this case, Any Given Saturday.

And if you've read any of the threads closely - or this thread - you'd know that I think MU has the better team.

Brock
11-13-2007, 12:34 PM

Everything you just said about KU fans can be said about yourself. I'm not upset about your comments, I think they're incredibly stupid. Yeah, sure, it's unthinkable that KU could beat Oklahoma, but like a lot of MU fans, you think your team is head and shoulders better than KU, so of course MU would beat OU with the greatest of ease. Even though you didn't. But again, in that game you guys just beat yourselves, right? Some KU fans are complete douches, just like you, and I'm not defending them. But nobody is spouting off unreasonable shit like you are in this thread.

Saulbadguy
11-13-2007, 12:35 PM

I thought you were a Miami fan?

Brock
11-13-2007, 12:37 PM

Oh yeah, HA HA. Good pickup.

ROYC75
11-13-2007, 12:39 PM
The rivalry is one thing, but to bring up the past about it in shirts is wrong.

Not needed...... That was a war, a blood bath, this is a sporting event.

Saulbadguy
11-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Oh yeah, HA HA. Good pickup.
I've got no dog in this fight, might as well take pot shots from the sidelines.

Boyceofsummer
11-13-2007, 12:48 PM
I can't imagine another burning.

Stinger
11-13-2007, 12:51 PM
The rivalry is one thing, but to bring up the past about it in shirts is wrong.

http://www.ljworld.com/photos/2005/03/25/bucknellt.jpg

Whoops you ment Natural History my bad.

:D

pikesome
11-13-2007, 12:54 PM
http://www.ljworld.com/photos/2005/03/25/bucknellt.jpg

Whoops you ment Natural History my bad.

:D

Going to the KU MU game in that would be funny, especially if you could get a bunch of people at once. One of those "Don't remind us" moments us KU fans would love to forget about.

Fish
11-13-2007, 12:58 PM

You're quite the hypocritical idiot you know.....

banyon
11-13-2007, 01:02 PM
http://www.jayhawkertees.com/images/keepingamericasafe.jpg

ChiefsFanatic
11-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Going to the KU MU game in that would be funny, especially if you could get a bunch of people at once. One of those "Don't remind us" moments us KU fans would love to forget about.

As a KU fan, I expected to see some "Bizzou" shirts after our losses to Bucknell and Bradley. Alas, Missouri fans are just not that clever.

Ari Chi3fs
11-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Why would we want to name our school after a bunch of pro slavery inbred thugs.

You just answered your own question... MU is full of inbred thugs.

patteeu
11-13-2007, 01:17 PM

Huh?

Not "people", ... "Lawerencians". Unfortunately, the remaining varmints recongealed like some kind of amoeba monster in a science fiction horror flick and reconstituted the town. :Poke:

Cochise
11-13-2007, 01:19 PM
You just answered your own question... MU is full of inbred thugs.

Aw shucks, and this comes from Ari, the class of the KU fan base. How will we ever go on?

Chiefs Pantalones
11-13-2007, 01:23 PM

Is that what the ones at KU look like for real?

OmahaChief
11-13-2007, 01:29 PM

Without a doubt I am a Miami fan. You see I have my MBA from UM and my undergrad from MU. It is not like you are revealing some deep dark secret that I don't want anyone to know.

Thanks for paying so close attention to my history on ChiefsPlanet. It is comforting knowing someone is so concerned with the teams I follow.

Frazod
11-13-2007, 01:32 PM

That's awesome. ROFL

Cochise
11-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Without a doubt I am a Miami fan. You see I have my MBA from UM and my undergrad from MU. It is not like you are revealing some deep dark secret that I don't want anyone to know.

Thanks for paying so close attention to my history on ChiefsPlanet. It is comforting knowing someone is so concerned with the teams I follow.

Since you attended both institutions I don't think yours is a pedigree as a fan that should be in doubt.

Most of the people who cheer for any college team didn't go to school there. Many, like me, become fans because of a family tradition with that team or the simple fact of cheering for the home team. As long as you aren't a johnny-come-lately, so what?

ROYC75
11-13-2007, 01:55 PM
For anybody wanting to know more about the pre civil war border wars between Ks and Mo.... Go here, a good read.....http://www.legendsofamerica.com/OZ-BleedingKansas.html

Mr. Plow
11-13-2007, 02:38 PM

Making the assumption that KU does lose to MU.......since when is #4 losing to #5 being "exposed".

Rooster
11-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Making the assumption that KU does lose to MU.......since when is #4 losing to #5 being "exposed".

No kidding. It's not as if KU or Mizzou have a strong football history. Just enjoy the ride and pinch me when it's done.

Ari Chi3fs
11-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Ding, ding, ding.

You'll find that many Kansas "historians" have selective memories when it comes to that.

They'll damn Quantrill and his bushwackers to hell, but turn a blind eye to the events leading up to the raid.

I'm not trying to justify the t-shirt at all, but history bears out that terrible acts of cruelty were commited by both sides.

Thats what you get for wanting to keep slaves. You all are lazy.

Ari Chi3fs
11-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Aw shucks, and this comes from Ari, the class of the KU fan base. How will we ever go on?

I'm surprised Missouri was even able to move forward in the world post Civil War, with all of your lazy ass ancestors, Cocheese.

tomahawk kid
11-13-2007, 03:12 PM
No kidding. It's not as if KU or Mizzou have a strong football history. Just enjoy the ride and pinch me when it's done.

Um..dude, you really need to do some homework there.

I'm not saying there's been much in the last 25 years or so, but saying that neither institution has a strong football history is a bit strong.

cosmo20002
11-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Seriously unless you start petitioning to get KU name changed you are a hypocrite.. The Jayhawker name alone is an atrocity..

It was all bad stuff, no matter who did what to whom. However, one side was fighting for keeping people as slaves, the other side was against it. I think more people would defend the latter. Kansas wins.

Spott
11-13-2007, 03:17 PM
I think a lot of people didn't pay much attention to history when they were in school. The last I checked, Missouri wasn't part of the confederacy. Kansas also attempted to become a slave state but was it was blocked by congress in the 1850's.

Mr. Plow
11-13-2007, 03:18 PM
It was all bad stuff, no matter who did what to whom. However, one side was fighting for keeping people as slaves, the other side was against it. I think more people would defend the latter. Kansas wins.

I think the whole Missouri slavery thing is a bit overblown. The whites were only trying to find reliable employee's for the porn & fireworks stores.

Cochise
11-13-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm surprised Missouri was even able to move forward in the world post Civil War, with all of your lazy ass ancestors, Cocheese.

I don't think my family was here until after the civil war. But regardless, it would seem that Missouri has progressed fine, considering we have... I dunno... major cities... professional sports... a lot of modern kind of stuff. There's a big airport over here on the MO side, and they build buildings here TEN stories tall. Sometimes even taller. It's something to see. You guys are all welcome to come over to Missouri and visit it if you like. We welcome everyone.

Say, I was wondering, are you going to go in and out of Arrowhead during the game depending on if the team you want to win is ahead, like you do in the game threads...? You might want to pick up a few extra tickets...

tomahawk kid
11-13-2007, 03:20 PM
I think a lot of people didn't pay much attention to history when they were in school. The last I checked, Missouri wasn't part of the confederacy. Kansas also attempted to become a slave state but was it was blocked by congress in the 1850's.

Actually, a good chunk of Missourians were unionists.

However, many flocked to the Confederate cause after repeated raids by the jayhawkers under the guise of the union army.

pikesome
11-13-2007, 03:22 PM
I think the whole Missouri slavery thing is a bit overblown. The whites were only trying to find reliable employee's for the porn & fireworks stores.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

I nominated this for post of the year! Quality, thy name is Mr. Plow.

gblowfish
11-13-2007, 03:24 PM

The Jayhawk didn't have yellow feet until the 1920's.
The KU student newspaper cartoonist gave him big yellow shoes to kick the Missouri Tiger in the ass.
That's one reason why Tiger fans despise KU. Their mascot has feet only for the sole purpose of kicking a Tiger's ass.

I can feel it coming in the air tonight....

Frazod
11-13-2007, 03:25 PM

You realize, of course, that the percentage of slave owners in Missouri (and all southern states) was actually quite small; nearly as small as the percentage of current Kansans who aren't descended from inbreeding.

Cochise
11-13-2007, 03:26 PM
The Jayhawk didn't have yellow feet until the 1920's.
The KU student newspaper cartoonist gave him big yellow shoes to kick the Missouri Tiger in the ass.
That's one reason why Tiger fans despise KU. Their mascot has feet only for the sole purpose of kicking a Tiger's ass.

I can feel it coming in the air tonight....

Yeah, that little blue chicken didn't look so tough, but after they added a big pair of yellow pilgrim shoes, man. Scary stuff.

Spott
11-13-2007, 03:27 PM
You realize, of course, that the percentage of slave owners in Missouri (and all southern states) was actually quite small; nearly as small as the percentage of current Kansans who aren't descended from inbreeding.

Kansas doesn't practice slavery, they just move sell their house when a black person moves into their neighborhood.

pikesome
11-13-2007, 03:27 PM

Actually the problem was that the Kansas-Nebraska Act allowed the populace to vote on which to enter the union as. Needless to say besides the home-grown wack jobs, wack jobs on both sides of the question flooded in to "rig" the vote. Take the "true believers" from both sides, send them to a place without well established law enforcement and watch the sparks fly.

You're version of the story is just a bit off.

Mr. Plow
11-13-2007, 03:29 PM

Coming from a Missourian?!? Heh

Cochise
11-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Actually the problem was that the Kansas-Nebraska Act allowed the populace to vote on which to enter the union as. Needless to say besides the home-grown wack jobs, wack jobs on both sides of the question flooded in to "rig" the vote. Take the "true believers" from both sides, send them to a place without well established law enforcement and watch the sparks fly.

You're version of the story is just a bit off.

it was supposed to be a compromise, only the vote didn't go the way it needed to for the compromise to really be a compromise, right?

ROYC75
11-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Yeah, that little blue chicken didn't look so tough, but after they added a big pair of yellow pilgrim shoes, man. Scary stuff.

ROFL Damn you, that brought out a hearty laugh and tears to my eyes....... :clap:

pikesome
11-13-2007, 03:36 PM
it was supposed to be a compromise, only the vote didn't go the way it needed to for the compromise to really be a compromise, right?

Yep, Neb was supposed to, and did, vote to go Free and then word came out that the North was flooding Kansas with abolitionists to ensure Kansas was Free also. It wasn't quite like that but a certain number of militant abolitionists came out leading to Topeka and Lawrence among other places. The Slave supporters, mostly coming at least through Missouri, were looking to stop them and they were just as militant. Kind of like sticking Sharon and Arafat on a deserted island with guns.

Rooster
11-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Um..dude, you really need to do some homework there.

I'm not saying there's been much in the last 25 years or so, but saying that neither institution has a strong football history is a bit strong.

If nothing has happened in the last two and a half decades then no I wouldn't consider these two programs strong at all. They are getting better but please.

DMAC
11-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Rivalries are fun.

Calcountry
11-13-2007, 04:51 PM
I don't think they're equal at all.

One celebrates a town burning. Ours just celebrates a radical abolitionist. Further, one actually says scoreboard on the massacre.

It's like if we (US) wore a Scoreboard shirt with the a-bomb drop to a Japan World Cup game.

And I never said ours wasn't SOMEWHAT offensive. Just not equal.But we, AMERICANS, were on the right side of moral relativity with that one. Pin it on your chest! I am glad we dropped the bomb on them, BABY.

Think I am kidding? Look at my Avvy a little closer.

P.S. Wasn't Truman from the great state of Missouri? (rhetorical)

Calcountry
11-13-2007, 04:55 PM
I don't think my family was here until after the civil war. But regardless, it would seem that Missouri has progressed fine, considering we have... I dunno... major cities... professional sports... a lot of modern kind of stuff. There's a big airport over here on the MO side, and they build buildings here TEN stories tall. Sometimes even taller. It's something to see. You guys are all welcome to come over to Missouri and visit it if you like. We welcome everyone.

Say, I was wondering, are you going to go in and out of Arrowhead during the game depending on if the team you want to win is ahead, like you do in the game threads...? You might want to pick up a few extra tickets...Yes, but Kansas has the Kansas motor speedway where all the southerners like to hang.

OmahaChief
11-13-2007, 05:04 PM

It is amazing I have to keep going back to this but KU has not played anyone. Their ranking is one that is based on a cream puff schedule. I give them credit for winning all their games but really take a look at the schedule and if you can tell me it is as difficult as Mizzou's I would be in disbelief.

Most of the Tiger fans I know while they respect the no losses that KU has feel that KUs ranking is based on nothing more then them not losing to teams they SHOULD beat. Your non con schedule was an embarasment. Not one school from a BCS conference even. Your conference scheduled perfectly aligned so you did not have to face Tech, Texas or OU. You have played the North schedule and I think we could both agree outside KU and MU non of the others teams is playing v very good ball this year.

Exposed as I used it is meant to show how a joke schedule can lead to a lofty ranking that is smoke and mirrors. Beat Mizzou and I will change my mind, until then it is what it is.

Bob Dole
11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
After careful consideration, Bob Dole is going to have to say that this whole t-shirt thing is all in very poor taste.

Anybody know where a guy could buy one of the Mizzou versions online?

Mr. Plow
11-13-2007, 05:34 PM
It is amazing I have to keep going back to this but KU has not played anyone. Their ranking is one that is based on a cream puff schedule. I give them credit for winning all their games but really take a look at the schedule and if you can tell me it is as difficult as Mizzou's I would be in disbelief.

Most of the Tiger fans I know while they respect the no losses that KU has feel that KUs ranking is based on nothing more then them not losing to teams they SHOULD beat. Your non con schedule was an embarasment. Not one school from a BCS conference even. Your conference scheduled perfectly aligned so you did not have to face Tech, Texas or OU. You have played the North schedule and I think we could both agree outside KU and MU non of the others teams is playing v very good ball this year.

Exposed as I used it is meant to show how a joke schedule can lead to a lofty ranking that is smoke and mirrors. Beat Mizzou and I will change my mind, until then it is what it is.

You're cute when you're angry. Don't be upset that AGAIN, KU is what you want to be. I would be angry too if I continually had to look up to MU in basketball & football. But, since we are safe......

OmahaChief
11-13-2007, 05:37 PM
You're cute when you're angry. Don't be upset that AGAIN, KU is what you want to be. I would be angry too if I continually had to look up to MU in basketball & football. But, since we are safe......

Ahh there it is. KU fan talking about Basketball, just in case Mizzou beats you in Football you have your Basketball smack already working. Bravo!

Frazod
11-13-2007, 05:40 PM
After careful consideration, Bob Dole is going to have to say that this whole t-shirt thing is all in very poor taste.

I'm having a shirt custom made for the game. I'm sure it'll be a big hit with the beakers. :)

Bob Dole
11-13-2007, 05:42 PM
It had to be done.

Bob Dole
11-13-2007, 05:48 PM
This one is better.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7976/crckerjw1.jpg

Third Eye
11-13-2007, 06:06 PM
After reading on some Missouri forums, I found out that only one shirt is confirmed to exist so far. It was made using an online custom t-shirt maker. I am sure however that some entrepreneurial youth will mass produce some.

tomahawk kid
11-13-2007, 06:07 PM
If nothing has happened in the last two and a half decades then no I wouldn't consider these two programs strong at all. They are getting better but please.

You can say they haven't been strong in the past 25 years, but you can't state they don't have a strong history based on some arbitrary number - most likely you're lifetime.

Mr. Plow
11-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Ahh there it is. KU fan talking about Basketball, just in case Mizzou beats you in Football you have your Basketball smack already working. Bravo!

You're funny.

Frazod
11-13-2007, 07:13 PM
You know, I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

siberian khatru
11-13-2007, 07:17 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL @ the new avatar

You are a bad, BAD man. :evil:

Third Eye
11-13-2007, 07:32 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL @ the new avatar

You are a bad, BAD man. :evil:
Did you catch the user title? Nice BTW.

Mr. Plow
11-13-2007, 07:57 PM
ROFL

64 Chief
11-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Back in the 60's as a UCLA student there was a similar incident among UCLA/USC supporters. There were "FUCLA" shirts and also shirts denigrating USC (can't remember the exact slur). It turns out both shirts were made and sold by a guy from Kansas City (can't remember which side of state line he was from). True story-capitalism at work. He wasn't a student of either school-just trying to make a buck. One of the school papers had an article on it. Anyway it is just good that MU/KU fans have something to get excited about-it has been a while.

KChiefs1
11-13-2007, 10:02 PM
damn this is going to be fun!

crazycoffey
11-13-2007, 10:09 PM
You mean I shouldn't kill everyone wearing KU fanfare?

awwww, man.....

crazycoffey
11-13-2007, 10:14 PM
I remember having one from the Big 8, it had the tiger wearing a big 8 crown standing behind the jayhawk bent over and looking all F***ed in the arse and stuff.

|Zach|
11-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Some KU awesomeness...

Ok, lets say the absolute best case scenario happens and the next 4 years we got to lets say 3 BCS Game, including the NC Game this season(and win). Do we build a new state of the art 80k stadium right where memorial is? We have second oldest stadium in the nation and ours only seats 50k right now. I know Lew could raise the money. What do you guys think? Maybe we could incorporate the hill into one side of our stadium and make it badass, ala mu's stadium. I just think there are a lot of ways with that land where we could build a badass stadium and keep our fb program in the top 10 for years to come.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=172#s=172&f=2485&t=1418631&p=1

Mr. Plow
11-13-2007, 10:29 PM
n00b's are funny too.

Bob Dole
11-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Back in the 60's as a UCLA student there was a similar incident among UCLA/USC supporters. There were "FUCLA" shirts and also shirts denigrating USC (can't remember the exact slur). It turns out both shirts were made and sold by a guy from Kansas City (can't remember which side of state line he was from). True story-capitalism at work. He wasn't a student of either school-just trying to make a buck. One of the school papers had an article on it. Anyway it is just good that MU/KU fans have something to get excited about-it has been a while.

That's the little-known Walt Disney story.

pikesome
11-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Some KU awesomeness...

Now this is some "cart before the horse". I do like KU's chances to do well next year, younger talent and all, but this goes way too far in the speculation. Can we finish this season before we start to plan the domination of NCAA football for years to come?

beer bacon
11-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Now this is some "cart before the horse". I do like KU's chances to do well next year, younger talent and all, but this goes way too far in the speculation. Can we finish this season before we start to plan the domination of NCAA football for years to come?

KU fans are really quite foolish. It is obviously MU that is going to be going to three BCS bowls and a NC in the near future. The homerism of these KU fans is astounding!

Woodrow Call
11-14-2007, 07:40 AM

http://www.cafepress.com/mcmuffin34

pikesome
11-14-2007, 07:57 AM
KU fans are really quite foolish. It is obviously MU that is going to be going to three BCS bowls and a NC in the near future. The homerism of these KU fans is astounding!

I think both teams are going to have to work real hard to attain the same level of success next year they are experiencing this year. Parity does seem to be creeping in to CF, while that makes it easier for teams to move up it also makes it harder to stay up, there's going to be other teams in the same situation trying their damnest too. Maybe it'll happen, the day when Big 12 talk begins and ends with KU, MU, OU, and Texas will be a great day but...

burt
11-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Comparing Missouri residents to Kansas residents is like comparing Wallmart clothing to the 1/2 price store...."IT'S THE SAME THING". While you may support different university athletic programs, both support groups are filled with essentually the same caliber of people. Neither has had a GREAT football team in years, and resorting to calling each other knuckle draggers and inbreeders is assinine. I have seen great things come out of both universities, and enjoy the success of both as it brings attention to the area. Last year I was VERY impressed with MU wrestling...now both programs are in the national spotlight for football....Kudos to both. Resorting to dredging up the darkest hour of both states is sad.

Now it has been said several times the "Jayhawk" is offensive, but it was also pointed out that that name had been used BEFORE the civil war, thereby negating the mascot anger. If we want to be that inane, lets say the MU mascot is bad because of the Siegfried and Roy attack. Tigers kill people, how, oh how can MU use such a violent mascot? :rolleyes: Get real.

With that said, how can a person with several degrees be so dumb as to type this?

tyton75
11-14-2007, 08:34 AM
Actually... the Missouri Tigers are named after the Bushwhackers in a manner of speaking... there was a famous civil war poem that related the Bushwhackers to something like "Tigers in the underbrush"... I believe thats where the school got their name from

At least that is what I learned in a history class while going there.

as for the t-shirt.. its tasteless and classless and I can't stop laughing about it :)

kepp
11-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Some KU awesomeness...

"SaaaaaWeeet! It could have one of dem rolling roofs!"

KC Kings
11-14-2007, 08:57 AM

First, I think you would have to expect KU fans to be a lot more optimistic or "homers". The KU football fanbase has expended greatly in the last 3 years, so a majority of the football fans are relatively new. I'm not suggesting that Mizzou doesn't have any fans on the bandwagon, but I think a majority of the fans have been fans for a while and are so used to upset and disappointment that we can't be as optomistic.

As far as being "exposed", look at the KU season so far.
Central Michagan, SE Louisiana, Toledo and Florida International. As it stands, the KUpcake arguement is out, because an average score of 53.5 to 5.75 is devastating, no matter the quality of the team.
The next games:
Beat K State, 3-4 in the Big 12 and struggling, by 14 points.
Whipped Baylor 58-10, but Baylor is 0-7 in the big 12 and clearly not a good team.
Beat Colorado, 3-4 in the Big 12 and about the same quality as K-State by 19-14, and didn't score any half time points against them.
Beat Texas A&M, who is also on the same level as CU and K-State, 19-11.
Whipped a struggling Nebraska 76-39.
Beat OK State at Stillwater 43-28.

At this point, a win is a win, a huge blow out cupcake or not, winning your first 4 games by an average of 47 points a game is phenominal. KU deserves to be ranked where they are. However, the toughest team they have faced to this point is Colorado, who they barely beat and had no points against in the first half.
Foxsports has the KU opponents ranked as
40. Colorado
44. Texas A&M
45. OK State
69. K-State
77. Central Michigan
82. Baylor
94. Toledo
119. Florida International
Not in top 119: SE Louisiana

If KU beats MU, a win is a win and KU stays at the top. If KU loses to MU, they are now a 1 loss team with a fairly weak schedule that hasn't beat a team in the top 39. So IF they lose, how far do they drop? The other 1 loss teams would be Oklahoma, West Virginia, Ohio State and Arizona State. With strength of schedule would you rank KU above any of these teams? I think that IF KU loses, they definately drop out if the top 10, and possibly drop as many as 10 spots on the ranking. Is that considered "exposed"? To me, yes but I guess that depends on your definition. The exposure won't only be because of the drop in the rankings but with no more games to play if they did drop that much it will really affect the quality of bowl game they would get.

kepp
11-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Comparing Missouri residents to Kansas residents is like comparing Wallmart clothing to the 1/2 price store...."IT'S THE SAME THING". While you may support different university athletic programs, both support groups are filled with essentually the same caliber of people. Neither has had a GREAT football team in years, and resorting to calling each other knuckle draggers and inbreeders is assinine. I have seen great things come out of both universities, and enjoy the success of both as it brings attention to the area. Last year I was VERY impressed with MU wrestling...now both programs are in the national spotlight for football....Kudos to both. Resorting to dredging up the darkest hour of both states is sad.

Now it has been said several times the "Jayhawk" is offensive, but it was also pointed out that that name had been used BEFORE the civil war, thereby negating the mascot anger. If we want to be that inane, lets say the MU mascot is bad because of the Siegfried and Roy attack. Tigers kill people, how, oh how can MU use such a violent mascot? :rolleyes: Get real.

With that said, how can a person with several degrees be so dumb as to type this?

burt
11-14-2007, 09:05 AM
ROFL

pikesome
11-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Snippy...snippy

If KU beats MU, a win is a win and KU stays at the top. If KU loses to MU, they are now a 1 loss team with a fairly weak schedule that hasn't beat a team in the top 39. So IF they lose, how far do they drop? The other 1 loss teams would be Oklahoma, West Virginia, Ohio State and Arizona State. With strength of schedule would you rank KU above any of these teams? I think that IF KU loses, they definately drop out if the top 10, and possibly drop as many as 10 spots on the ranking. Is that considered "exposed"? To me, yes but I guess that depends on your definition. The exposure won't only be because of the drop in the rankings but with no more games to play if they did drop that much it will really affect the quality of bowl game they would get.

I guess I think exposed when I think teams are ranked a good deal higher than they should be. KU has played weaker teams and if they get stomped by MU that might count as exposed. Still, part of KU's ranking is the fact other teams posted losses and KU hasn't. They also have looked pretty good in their games, they do a wonderful job in the 2nd half and play smart, penalty free ball. As a comparison I wouldn't say Ohio got exposed last week, they did get beat but their opponent played quality ball and it was down to the wire. Disappointing? Yes (if you're an Ohio fan anyway). Exposure? Nah, not really.

Bob Dole
11-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Pursuant to the following email, Bob Dole has removed the photograph originally posted with the cited article.

Dear Moderators at Chiefsplanet.com,

It has come to my attention that a poster with the handle "irishjayhawk" has posted an image of a photograph taken by myself of a t-shirt depicting the burning of Lawrence, KS with the word “Scoreboard” under the photo on your message board entitled, "Doom Lounge" (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174410). I have reserved all rights in the photo as the photographer.

As the poster neither asked for nor received permission to use the photo on your message board, I believe the poster has infringed my rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504(c)(2) therein.

I demand that you immediately cease the use of this photo and that you desist from this or any other infringement of my rights in the future. If I have not received an affirmative response from you by Friday, November 16, 2007 indicating that you have fully complied with these requirements, I shall take further action against you.

Very truly yours,
Kyle Hudson
2813 NW Kingsridge Dr
Blue Springs, MO 64015
kyhudson@earthlink.net

Frazod
11-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Pursuant to the following email, Bob Dole has removed the photograph originally posted with the cited article.

Is that for real? :spock:

Bob Dole
11-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Is that for real? :spock:

Strangely enough, yes.

Skip Towne
11-16-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm surprised something like that hasn't happened to Goatse.

Frazod
11-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Strangely enough, yes.

Wow.

What a sad little twat that guy must be. In addition to being an embarrassment to Missouri fans and the state in general. F#ck him and his stupid shirt. If I see anybody selling them, I'll be sure to mention this. LOUDLY.

Bob Dole
11-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Wow.

What a sad little twat that guy must be. In addition to being an embarrassment to Missouri fans and the state in general. F#ck him and his stupid shirt. If I see anybody selling them, I'll be sure to mention this. LOUDLY.

Bob Dole didn't read the damned thing until a few minutes ago, and didn't bother to argue with him. This was the reply:

I've removed the image, but I have to ask:

Are you SERIOUS?

OnTheWarpath58
11-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Speaking of "further action" Senator, you might want to thing about removing the guy's personal info from your post before one of our resident geniouses spams his inbox full of.......

Or maybe not..... :evil:

Frazod
11-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Did he supply any proof that he had copyrighted that photo, or just say he did?

Seems like anybody who would go to the trouble of copyrighting that image would do so for the purpose of reproducing and selling the shirt in question. It would therefore make no sense to nuke a source of free marketing.

That e-mail might have just come from some cleaver beaker fan who has an ax to grind with the occupants of 2813 NW Kingsridge Drive.

Bob Dole
11-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Speaking of "further action" Senator, you might want to thing about removing the guy's personal info from your post before one of our resident geniouses spams his inbox full of.......

Or maybe not..... :evil:

Did Bob Dole post his contact information?

Damn. Bob Dole should remove that ASAP.

Bob Dole
11-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Did he supply any proof that he had copyrighted that photo, or just say he did?

Seems like anybody who would go to the trouble of copyrighting that image would do so for the purpose of reproducing and selling the shirt in question. It would therefore make no sense to nuke a source of free marketing.

That e-mail might have just come from some cleaver beaker fan who has an ax to grind with the occupants of 2813 NW Kingsridge Drive.

There was no proof provided, and Bob Dole didn't ask. Unfortunately, Bob Dole didn't catch the email until this evening, so there wasn't really any time to determine whether it was legit before the scary deadline that might expose...um...well, AOL Sports to litigation.

You know, since that's where the photograph was hosted, and there's been no revenue generated here from the posting of the image. But then again, Bob Dole isn't a lawyer and has no real experience with copyright claims on the web.

kyle
11-16-2007, 06:34 PM
You can remove my personal info now.

Frazod
11-16-2007, 06:36 PM

:deevee:

Sometimes being a little bitch has consequences, sweetie.

Skip Towne
11-16-2007, 06:39 PM
I dunno. Have you reserved the rights to it?

CoMoChief
11-16-2007, 06:43 PM
I see it the same way.

In fact, I laughed at the "Scoreboard" tag line. Witty. ****ers.
Your sig is absolutely hilarious!!!!!!! ROFL

CoMoChief
11-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Haha you're a dumbass for putting it there.

Sure-Oz
11-16-2007, 06:47 PM
people still use earthlink?

CoMoChief
11-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Kingsridge Dr huh? Wow that is over off of Woods Chapel road and over by Blue Springs HS. Now why in the hell would some little dumb**** threaten to take legal action on someone via internet and post his address and personal info and whine and bitch when he knows someone might **** with him now?

Spott
11-16-2007, 07:13 PM

Hey, you live on the same street as my sister. Tell her I said hello.

Spott
11-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Here's the shirt (http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/sports.aol.com/fanhouse/media/2007/11/mizzoushirt07.jpg)

OnTheWarpath58
11-16-2007, 07:31 PM
I wonder what our friends in the Chancellor's office would think of Kyle using the Mizzou logo on that t-shirt without permission of the university?

You know, since we're talking about trademark and copyright infringment.

Frazod
11-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Looks like a nice neighborhood - big yards, mature trees, a couple of pools scattered here and there.

Spott
11-16-2007, 07:46 PM
This looks like his myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/therealcnk

Claynus
11-16-2007, 07:48 PM

LOL you utter bitch.

Frazod
11-16-2007, 07:49 PM
This looks like his myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/therealcnk

We should trade him to the beakers for BWillie007 and a 6-pack of Keystone Light.

Spott
11-16-2007, 07:55 PM
We should trade him to the beakers for BWillie007 and a 6-pack of Keystone Light.

It depends. Does BWillie007 have a pool? We already know that Kyle doesn't have one.

Frazod
11-16-2007, 07:57 PM
It depends. Does BWillie007 have a pool? We already know that Kyle doesn't have one.

Maybe he put one in since the satellite image was taken.

Somebody should check.

:evil:

OnTheWarpath58
11-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Maybe he put one in since the satellite image was taken.

Somebody should check.

:evil:

I'm too lazy to drive 4 hours to find out, but it looks like he does now.

From Google Earth:

Frazod
11-16-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm too lazy to drive 4 hours to find out, but it looks like he does now.

From Google Earth:

Cool. POOL PARTY! :D

irishjayhawk
11-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Wow.

I'm flattered someone noticed my post. I wonder if they sent this letter to the aol blog post that put it up where I found it.

And weirder, even, is the guy's username is my first name. I'm kinda weirded out.

|Zach|
11-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Wow.

I'm flattered someone noticed my post. I wonder if they sent this letter to the aol blog post that put it up where I found it.

And weirder, even, is the guy's username is my first name. I'm kinda weirded out.
Don't move. Someone is coming to assist you. I repeat. DO NOT MOVE!

http://www.atpm.com/12.07/images/xiii-crosshairs.jpg :)

irishjayhawk
11-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Don't move. Someone is coming to assist you. I repeat. DO NOT MOVE!

http://www.atpm.com/12.07/images/xiii-crosshairs.jpg :)

ROFL

Well played sir.

JohninGpt
11-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Cool. POOL PARTY! :D
And he paid for that pool by copyrighting photographs of public domain 19th century lithographs. :huh:

Bob Dole
11-17-2007, 02:20 AM

Wow. What an awful oversight. That's a serious mistake.

Bob Dole apologizes for the oversight. Bob Dole just wanted to let the general membership know why the initial post was edited, because we try to maintain an open community here.

Any time we don't maintain an open forum, things tend to deteriorate, and copyrights begin to get infringed. And then people start tossing around threats about lawsuits, and then things just get really silly, and then moderators poop their pants in fear over email threats, and then it just gets completely crazy because the moderators are carrying a fudgey, copyright infringing, pants-load of fear-induced baggage. And that's never a good thing, because almost anything could happen at that point.

So you can pretty much rest assured that Bob Dole will send an email to one of the moderators and ask that they whip up a batch of vinegar and water that they can use to flush away anything that might be irritating your manginal lining.

Bob Dole
11-17-2007, 02:47 AM
Bob Dole just checked his email and found this:

Chiefsplanet mods,

Please edit Bob Dole's post in the following thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174410&page=12&pp=15) that contains my private information (specifically, my address). If this is not done in a timely manner I will be forced to file a lawsuit naming you in violation of 4th Amendment Rights to Privacy.

Thank you for your prompt attention in this matter.

Regards,

Kyle Hudson

It sounds pretty serious, what with quoting the Constitution and all.

Could you all please stop doing all the mean stuff you are doing.

gblowfish
11-17-2007, 08:57 AM
What an utter and complete douche-nozzle.
He infringes on Missouri Properties by including a Tiger logo, then pitches a hissy fit because somebody posts the image on a chat board? He should be down on all fours in front of the Missouri Properties Licensing office begging forgiveness, if we're going to push the issue here.

We should throw a Baby Ruth in his pool.

SPchief
11-17-2007, 09:17 AM

heh

SPchief
11-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Kyle Hudson
2813 NW Kingsridge Dr
Blue Springs, MO 64015
kyhudson@earthlink.net

whoops

irishjayhawk
11-17-2007, 10:00 AM
4th Amendment when he gave you his address? ROFL

At least Bob Dole can join the club.

burt
11-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Kyle Hudson
2813 NW Kingsridge Dr
Blue Springs, MO 64015
kyhudson@earthlink.net

whoops

HEY!!!! Who forwarded this information to MU? I am sure they will be contacting him soon..... You know, that copy right infringement stuff can't be condoned. It is a very bad thing!!!

burt
11-17-2007, 12:33 PM
4th Amendment when he gave you his address? ROFL

At least Bob Dole can join the club.

a copyrighted official address, no less....

siberian khatru
11-17-2007, 02:48 PM
In an Internet chock full of lameness, that's gotta rank near the very top.

Sure-Oz
11-17-2007, 03:24 PM
In an Internet chock full of lameness, that's gotta rank near the very top.
You are copyright infringing my thoughts, because I thought the same thing and wanted to post it, you must now remove your post or i will threaten you with e-legal action.

Mr. Plow
11-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Wow. How in the hell did I miss all this fun?

[QOUTE]Dear Moderators at Chiefsplanet.com,

It has come to my attention that a poster with the handle "irishjayhawk" has posted an image of a photograph taken by myself of a t-shirt depicting the burning of Lawrence, KS with the word “Scoreboard” under the photo on your message board entitled, "Doom Lounge" (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174410). I have reserved all rights in the photo as the photographer.

As the poster neither asked for nor received permission to use the photo on your message board, I believe the poster has infringed my rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504(c)(2) therein.

I demand that you immediately cease the use of this photo and that you desist from this or any other infringement of my rights in the future. If I have not received an affirmative response from you by Friday, November 16, 2007 indicating that you have fully complied with these requirements, I shall take further action against you.

Very truly yours,
Kyle Hudson
2813 NW Kingsridge Dr
Blue Springs, MO 64015
kyhudson@earthlink.net[/QUOTE]

Adept Havelock
11-19-2007, 12:26 PM

ROFL

Beware the legal wrath of the infamous Copyrighter of Blue Springs!

Mere mortals should quake in terror before his mighty powers!

Bob Dole
11-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Kyle Hudson
2813 NW Kingsridge Dr
Blue Springs, MO 64015
kyhudson@earthlink.net

whoops

Please stop being mean to Mr. Hudson. Bob Dole is pretty sure he has feelings, too.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Wow. What an awful oversight. That's a serious mistake.

Bob Dole apologizes for the oversight. Bob Dole just wanted to let the general membership know why the initial post was edited, because we try to maintain an open community here.

Any time we don't maintain an open forum, things tend to deteriorate, and copyrights begin to get infringed. And then people start tossing around threats about lawsuits, and then things just get really silly, and then moderators poop their pants in fear over email threats, and then it just gets completely crazy because the moderators are carrying a fudgey, copyright infringing, pants-load of fear-induced baggage. And that's never a good thing, because almost anything could happen at that point.

So you can pretty much rest assured that Bob Dole will send an email to one of the moderators and ask that they whip up a batch of vinegar and water that they can use to flush away anything that might be irritating your manginal lining.

Bob,

He's actually right.

Using the image without permission is a violation of copyright. And he doesn't have to have a registered copyright with the Library of Congress to have the copyright. It falls under copyright as soon as it is created (whether electronically or put in a tangible form (paper, cloth, sculpture, film, whatever).

He could have put it better, but Irishjayhawk was wrong.

Posting his personal information is worse than wrong. It's abusing your position as mod.

Sorry to spoil the fun.

Not that you're going to listen to me anyway.

Frazod
11-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Bob,

He's actually right.

Using the image without permission is a violation of copyright. And he doesn't have to have a registered copyright with the Library of Congress to have the copyright. It falls under copyright as soon as it is created (whether electronically or put in a tangible form (paper, cloth, sculpture, film, whatever).

Posting his personal information is worse than wrong. It's abusing your position as mod.

Sorry to spoil the fun.

He never offered a shred of proof, and also behaved like an utter sniveling bitch.

:deevee: I'll sue.

F#ck him.

siberian khatru
11-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Bob,

He's actually right.

Sorry to spoil the fun.

If he wears that shirt in public, and the Star takes a photo of it at Arrowhead and publishes it in the paper the next day, is that a copyright infringement?

DMAC
11-19-2007, 02:33 PM
I hope a KU fan beats up Kyle Hudson.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-19-2007, 02:44 PM
If he wears that shirt in public, and the Star takes a photo of it at Arrowhead and publishes it in the paper the next day, is that a copyright infringement?

Nope, although if they take his picture, they are supposed to get a release allowing them to use the picture. Or at least, they did when I was doing reporting (pictures of the players is considered fair use due to the fact that "they're performing for a paying audience" - pictures of the fans used to require a release since the paper was using their images to make money for itself. Otherwise they could be sued. Don't know how much that's followed these days, I don't keep up with journalism law since I don't work as a journalist these days.)

Copyright law is if you create it, you own it for life + 70 years (IIRC). Still, I think the initial post might have fallen under the "fair use" clause since it was originally posted for the purposes of review. It's the same way that newspapers, magazines and web sites can post "short excerpts" of novels and pictures of the cover. It, in effect is free advertising.

However, for example, if an author believes a web site has posted more than is necessary for review purposes (like say the first three chapters of their book - or the big reveal at the end of a thriller), they can (and should) approach the site and ask them to redact or remove the work. If they refuse, that's usually where lawyers make their money.

Now, could Kyle have approached the moderators in a better manner than coming out swinging the lawyer stick. Absolutely. It was a pretty clueless move when it could have been handled more amicably.

But, if he does own the copyright, (and unless someone has evidence stating otherwise, why would he open himself up for this if he didn't?), he has the right to ask for the photographs to be removed. And posting his personal information on a BB like this is pretty bush league in my opinion.

SPchief
11-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Bob,

He's actually right.

Sorry to spoil the fun.

So posting this:

Kyle Hudson
2813 NW Kingsridge Dr
Blue Springs, MO 64015
kyhudson@earthlink.net

is wrong?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Welcome to CPIggy

Frazod
11-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Welcome to CPIggy

Who?

|Zach|
11-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Nope, although if they take his picture, they are supposed to get a release allowing them to use the picture. Or at least, they did when I was doing reporting (pictures of the players is considered fair use due to the fact that "they're performing for a paying audience" - pictures of the fans used to require a release since the paper was using their images to make money for itself. Otherwise they could be sued. Don't know how much that's followed these days, I don't keep up with journalism law since I don't work as a journalist these days.)

Copyright law is if you create it, you own it for life + 70 years (IIRC). Still, I think the initial post might have fallen under the "fair use" clause since it was originally posted for the purposes of review. It's the same way that newspapers, magazines and web sites can post "short excerpts" of novels and pictures of the cover. It, in effect is free advertising.

However, for example, if an author believes a web site has posted more than is necessary for review purposes (like say the first three chapters of their book - or the big reveal at the end of a thriller), they can (and should) approach the site and ask them to redact or remove the work. If they refuse, that's usually where lawyers make their money.

Now, could Kyle have approached the moderators in a better manner than coming out swinging the lawyer stick. Absolutely. It was a pretty clueless move when it could have been handled more amicably.

But, if he does own the copyright, (and unless someone has evidence stating otherwise, why would he open himself up for this if he didn't?), he has the right to ask for the photographs to be removed. And posting his personal information on a BB like this is pretty bush league in my opinion.

Eh, kind of. The picture of the person wasn't a problem. If you could see the person? That is another story. Since the person is not uniquely identifiable a release is not in order. Kind of like taking a picture of a crowd. You can't get model releases for the whole group of people, nobody can know who anyone is. Taking a picture of the shirt itself shouldn't be a problem unless that person has a reasonable expectation to privacy, which doesn't seem to be the case. But all of that and a lot of what you wrote has to do with the liability of the photographer. Which really isn't up for debate.

Now. Kyle being the owner of the picture and it being posted is another story. He hasn't shown that he has any right to it. Maybe he does? I don't know. Show me.

SPchief
11-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Who?

I would think he is refering to me. But I don't understand why.

StcChief
11-19-2007, 03:07 PM
the T-shirt wars are sure to garner a few "incidents" at Arrowhead lot/stadium on Sat.

dirk digler
11-19-2007, 03:19 PM
And posting his personal information on a BB like this is pretty bush league in my opinion.

Why? He is not breaking any laws by posting that information. Email communications are not protected.

bobbything
11-19-2007, 03:27 PM
I didn't read every single page of this, however, I got the Cliff's Notes. And maybe someone already mentioned this...

What I find ironic is that this guy is quoting copyright laws, yet there's no possible way, no way on earth, he got licensing from MU to use their logo on that shirt.

Frazod
11-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Why? He is not breaking any laws by posting that information. Email communications are not protected.

And much like American Hero before him, this guy was begging for abuse.

siberian khatru
11-19-2007, 03:32 PM
I didn't read every single page of this, however, I got the Cliff's Notes. And maybe someone already mentioned this...

What I find ironic is that this guy is quoting copyright laws, yet there's no possible way, no way on earth, he got licensing from MU to use their logo on that shirt.

It was brought up, but it's worth repeating.

And in that case, he IS profiting from it, unlike simply posting the pic of the shirt here, which at worst is free advertising for him. Indeed, I sent that story to my Dad, and he called and said he wanted one of those shirts. But when I told him how Kyle had acted here, he wasn't interested anymore.

Spott
11-19-2007, 03:33 PM
I hope a KU fan beats up Kyle Hudson.

I hope a MU fan kicks his ass.

Mr. Plow
11-19-2007, 04:05 PM
I hope a MU fan kicks his ass.

I hope a KU fan AND a MU fan kick his ass. That would show some rival love in the face of stupidity.

kstater
11-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Maybe Bob Dole can add this picture to the Original Post.
I give my consent to use my picture.

irishjayhawk
11-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Bob,

He's actually right.

Sorry to spoil the fun.

False. Absolutely false.

He owns nothing because the image I linked to was on AOL. If he wants to sue AOL, that's fine.

And he offered ZERO proof. By that logic, I could say that your entire post I just quoted is my post and you are in the wrong. Had he offered a shred of proof, you'd be right.

Not that I really care. :P

Here's to a good game.

SPchief
11-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Wow. How in the hell did I miss all this fun?

[QOUTE]Dear Moderators at Chiefsplanet.com,

Very truly yours,
Kyle Hudson
2813 NW Kingsridge Dr
Blue Springs, MO 64015
kyhudson@earthlink.net

How did you miss this thread?

siberian khatru
11-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Maybe Bob Dole can add this picture to the Original Post.
I give my consent to use my picture.

THIEF! THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valiant
11-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Bob,

He's actually right.

Sorry to spoil the fun.

Except for he can't copyright that photo of ancient Lawrence nor can he copyright the MU logo..

Valiant
11-19-2007, 05:06 PM

Evidence as in there is no way in hell he could have taken a picture of the Lawrence on the shirt, or the evidence that he does not hold copyright of the MU logo he used on the shirt..

Valiant
11-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Uh-oh someone is selling these copyright infringement shirts...

http://www.cafepress.com/mu_scoreboard/

OnTheWarpath58
11-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Uh-oh someone is selling these copyright infringement shirts...

http://www.cafepress.com/mu_scoreboard/

At least that guy is smart enough to remove the Mizzou logo from the shirt.

Mr. Plow
11-19-2007, 06:02 PM
How did you miss this thread?

I caught the first portion of the thread, but missed when this idiot joined in.

irishjayhawk
11-19-2007, 08:07 PM
You know the funny thing. The John Brown t-shirt was made (I bought one) by a KU student and designed pretty much on Phog.net. Then, today, Joe College sells them with nothing changed except the font.

They said they'd take them down after they got caught on them.... Gee, didn't see that coming?

burt
11-21-2007, 02:20 PM
The latest entry to the Tshirt war.....

Mr. Plow
11-21-2007, 02:26 PM

ROFL

StcChief
11-21-2007, 03:03 PM
too bad it won't be warm enough for those.

gblowfish
11-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Even the local churches are getting into it...
oh my...