PDA

View Full Version : Arrowhead Security Takes Ball Away From Daughter

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2007, 11:01 AM
WTHeck do they have going on over there at Arrowhead. Some one tell me this is a joke.

"My daughter was trembling with excitement when Rod Smith threw her a football in K.C. only to have security take it away, telling her to pick it up after the game at a certain gate. Having NEVER experienced a win (after 5 years in a row) at Arrowhead; we stayed till the very end. When we went to the gate to pick it up, she was told it was property of the Denver Broncos and they gave it back to them. I feel this was extremely poor public relations and just want everyone who reads this paper to be aware of our experience at Arrowhead Stadium, home of the Chiefs."

http://neighbors.denverpost.com/view...?p=65645#65645 (http://neighbors.denverpost.com/viewtopic.php?p=65645#65645)

siberian khatru
11-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Carl: "Do you know what those ****ing footballs COST?"

Huffman83
11-13-2007, 11:03 AM

Sure-Oz
11-13-2007, 11:04 AM
We're losing no one can have fun

BigRedChief
11-13-2007, 11:05 AM
BTW, Isn't this an old story? When is the last time Rod Smith played at Arrohead?

If they kick a ball into the stands during warmups they will come up into the stands to get the ball back.

jidar
11-13-2007, 11:06 AM
This isn't the first I've heard of security taking footballs away, I think they do every time? I'm not sure.
Do other stadiums do this? Has it always been this way?

John_Wayne
11-13-2007, 11:07 AM
This sounds like a question for the Denver Broncos. Why did they want their ball back?

Chief Chief
11-13-2007, 11:07 AM
I heard Tyrone Brackenridge got it to add to his collection of Bronco game balls. He already had the pair that he grabbed off of Brandon Marshall.

Brock
11-13-2007, 11:09 AM
It was just a Bronco fan, who gives a shit...

RustShack
11-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Its normal for all stadiums in all sports. Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't.

shaneo69
:deevee:

BigRedChief
It was just a Bronco fan, who gives a shit...
Welllll we were upset at the Bengals game because they took the ball away from a 9 year old that had caught the ball in the air, on the fly. When they saw the Chiefs ball goon coming up they hid the ball and people blocked his way and he searched under seats till he found the ball and took it leaving the boy crying and apoligizing because he has to do this.

Skip Towne
11-13-2007, 11:14 AM
I thought they just put the cost on the player's bill and deducted it from his pay.

Micjones
11-13-2007, 11:15 AM
It's been this way in the NFL for quite some time.

Cochise
11-13-2007, 11:16 AM
I doubt it's true, but that's pretty bush league if it is true. Let the donkey fans take their ball and GTFO

Brock
11-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Welllll we were upset at the Bengals game because they took the ball away from a 9 year old that had caught the ball in the air, on the fly. When they saw the Chiefs ball goon coming up they hid the ball and people blocked his way and he searched under seats till he found the ball and took it leaving the boy crying and apoligizing because he has to do this.

Gosh, what a tragedy.

jidar
11-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Its normal for all stadiums in all sports. Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't.

Not baseball.

Huffman83
11-13-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm sorry but my response would have to be "You can have the ball when you pry it from my dead Kung Fu grip."

Now if it was say....a players first touchdown in the NFL and he wanted the ball back.

50 grand....minimum.

Cochise
11-13-2007, 11:27 AM

They always take the balls away when they go into the seats, don't they? Those are the rules.

It's a good lesson for the kid. Rules are rules, life's not fair, and crying doesn't fix it.

luv
11-13-2007, 11:29 AM
I've seen them get practice balls that fans don't throw back. Also, they won't let you take a ball in. I guess rules are rules.

Hog Farmer
11-13-2007, 11:32 AM
They should have at least given her some kind ofconcession, like maybe some of those aqua-dots.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Do you know how many $8.50 beers could fit inside a football the fan "says" he caught? And using your daughter to smuggle in Natty Light, how sad

AZORChiefFan
11-13-2007, 11:52 AM
LJ's big ol contract affects the fans more than we realize.

BigRedChief
11-13-2007, 11:54 AM
They always take the balls away when they go into the seats, don't they? Those are the rules.

It's a good lesson for the kid. Rules are rules, life's not fair, and crying doesn't fix it.
Not always. Sometimes they let them go.

StcChief
11-13-2007, 11:54 AM
GB Go buy her a ball for Christmas if she really wants to play.

BigRock
11-13-2007, 12:04 PM
A guy who's been in the league as long as Rod Smith has to know that they take balls away. Therefore, the only explaination is that Smith gets his jollies by handing them to innocent young girls, and then he cackles with demented glee at the thought of them crying when the ball gets taken away. And the dope of a dad doesn't even realize that his little girl was just victimized by this monster.

For shame, Rod Smith. FOR SHAME.

RJ
11-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Perhaps the problem was the fact that the ball Rod Smith gave away did not actually belong to him.

Braincase
11-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Rod Smith does this to make little kids feel bad.

Mile High Mania
11-13-2007, 12:09 PM
I'd ask them to present me with the ruling, wording or whatever that says I can't keep a ball thrown into the stands. If it exists - great, if not ... we'd see what happens.

Cochise
11-13-2007, 12:14 PM
GB Go buy her a ball for Christmas if she really wants to play.

It's even more cruel to lead a young girl to believe she can play football.

RJ
11-13-2007, 12:18 PM
I'd ask them to present me with the ruling, wording or whatever that says I can't keep a ball thrown into the stands. If it exists - great, if not ... we'd see what happens.

Would you get an attorney or just start kicking some ass?

Hydrae
11-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Cheap ass, penny pinching bastards. They probably lost a fan for life with this idiotic move.

stlchiefs
11-13-2007, 12:44 PM
I didn't realize Rod could even throw a football from his wheelchair.

Cochise
11-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Cheap ass, penny pinching bastards. They probably lost a fan for life with this idiotic move.

A Donkey fan?

Bob Dole
11-13-2007, 01:17 PM
A guy who's been in the league as long as Rod Smith has to know that they take balls away. Therefore, the only explaination is that Smith gets his jollies by handing them to innocent young girls, and then he cackles with demented glee at the thought of them crying when the ball gets taken away. And the dope of a dad doesn't even realize that his little girl was just victimized by this monster.

Well, he IS from Arkansas.

FAX
11-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Rod's still steaming over the fact that, as a child, he never got the tea party set he wanted.

FAX

underEJ
11-13-2007, 01:49 PM
They are supposed to take the balls back. That's one of the Arena Leagues selling points to fans is the fan-friendly "you can keep the ball" atmosphere, as opposed to the NFL where you can't.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2007, 01:50 PM
I just think it's sad that you take a ball from a kid.And it's not just taking the ball away from the daughter(we don't know how old she is...she could be 25), it's the whole thing....telling them they can pick it up only to find out that was a lie to begin with.

Bottom line:

It's shitty to treat your customers like that.

stlchiefs
11-13-2007, 01:53 PM
The same thing happens everywhere, but you can blame it on Carl we don't mind.

Bwana
11-13-2007, 01:55 PM

LMAO

Skip Towne
11-13-2007, 01:55 PM
I wonder what happened to the ball when TO whipped out the Sharpie and signed it. He gave it to a guy in the stands.

Hydrae
11-13-2007, 02:04 PM
A Donkey fan?

The NFL

Thig Lyfe
11-13-2007, 02:07 PM
I wonder what happened to the ball when TO whipped out the Sharpie and signed it. He gave it to a guy in the stands.

When a player gives the ball to somebody in the stands, the player ought to be able to pay to replace the ball and let whoever gets it to keep it.

Otherwise, Hines Ward just hates children. He hands touchdown balls to kids in the stands all the time.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-13-2007, 02:14 PM
I just think it's sad that you take a ball from a kid.And it's not just taking the ball away from the daughter(we don't know how old she is...she could be 25), it's the whole thing....telling them they can pick it up only to find out that was a lie to begin with.

Bottom line:

It's shitty to treat your customers like that.
Yeah, that's what I have the biggest problem with, that they flat out lied to the kid. You know damn well the only reason they told her that is so she'd give it back without making a scene.

ClevelandBronco
11-13-2007, 02:15 PM
I saw a few games from the sidelines at Mile High circa 1990. During one of those games Elway took a ball into the end zone, ran over to a guy in a wheelchair and laid the ball in his lap.

I'd hate to know the guy who would take that ball away.

Sure-Oz
11-13-2007, 02:16 PM
I saw a few games from the sidelines at Mile High circa 1990. During one of those games Elway took a ball into the end zone, ran over to a guy in a wheelchair and laid the ball in his lap.

I'd hate to know the guy who would take that ball away.
I wonder if they took away the ball Isaac Bruce gave away to a vet on the sidelines sunday.

stevieray
11-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Players can give footballs away, cause I've seen Kennison do it repeatedly, but at a cost..5 bones, IIRC.

alpha_omega
11-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Players can give footballs away, cause I've seen Kennison do it repeatedly, but at a cost..5 bones, IIRC.

That makes sense....
Based on that....we can conclude, that Rod Smith didn't (or wouldn't) pay the 5 bones??????????

Mile High Mania
11-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Who knows why the security guards did what they did. I have heard that players are fined essentially for throwing balls in the stands and I think it's cool that most don't care. The fine is nothing and the fans love it.

Who's to say that the security guard didn't just keep the damn ball?

PHANTOM
11-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Last I heard, the players are billed for the balls they toss into the stands. I've never heard of security coming to 'take' the ball. You see players handing balls to their Moms, or kids all the time. I guarentee security is not coming after those balls. No, this is new ... classless.

Chiefnj2
11-13-2007, 03:23 PM
I'd sooner heave the ball back onto the field rather than give it to security.