PDA

View Full Version : Not getting the NFL Network and or games?

BigRedChief
11-14-2007, 12:34 PM
you can do something about it here:
http://www.iwantmynflnetwork.com/get_involved.php

Of course it's automated and from the NFL's side of things but you can type in whatever you want and send it in to media, congress whomever.

donkhater
11-14-2007, 12:37 PM
The NFL are being HUGE hypocrites on this issue. On one hand they criticize cable companies from keeping consumers from 'enjoying' the NFL network while on the other hand they retrict Sunday Ticket to those who only have Direct TV.

I don't feel a bit sorry for the NFL on this.

BigRedChief
11-14-2007, 01:23 PM
The NFL are being HUGE hypocrites on this issue. On one hand they criticize cable companies from keeping consumers from 'enjoying' the NFL network while on the other hand they retrict Sunday Ticket to those who only have Direct TV.

I don't feel a bit sorry for the NFL on this.
Who would feel sorry for the NFL? Billioaires and millionaires wanting more money.

Cable wants access to the Sunday ticket and they are holding out until they get it. Everyone is a loser in this. Thats the rub.

Seems to me there is an easy solution.
Put the NFL Network on cable. When the exclusive deal runs out with Direct TV let the Cable companies sell it too.

Pushead2
11-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Who would feel sorry for the NFL? Billioaires and millionaires wanting more money.

Cable wants access to the Sunday ticket and they are holding out until they get it. Everyone is a loser in this. Thats the rub.

Put the NFL Network on cable. When the exclusive deal runs out with Direct TV let the Cable companies sell it too.

Didn't they just re-sign a contract with direct tv??

Currently, DirecTV has an exclusive deal with the NFL, making them the sole provider of NFL Sunday Ticket in the United States until the contract expires in 2010, though past history suggests DirecTV will renew the contract by then in order to maintain one of its key marketing pitches to potential subscribers. [1] Prior to the NFL's latest television deal, other satellite and cable providers were allowed to bid on the rights to carry NFL Sunday Ticket if they agreed to carry the NFL Network. However, DirecTV still won exclusivity for the package, bidding over $700 million a year to do so.

MichaelH
11-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Some cable companies carry the NFL network. I was in Pennsylvania 3 weeks ago and stayed at my mother's house. I know she wouldn't buy any special sports packages but she had it on her cable system. I wanted it here in North Carolina and Time Warner said no. So I got Direct TV.

I agree that the NFL isn't playing fair but then so aren't most of the cable companies. They could afford to broadcast it if they chose. I say get a dish if your cable provider doesn't have it.

Donger
11-14-2007, 01:33 PM
This seems somewhat silly. If you really want NFL Network (or Sunday Ticket), choose a provider that carries it.

Pushead2
11-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Some cable companies carry the NFL network. I was in Pennsylvania 3 weeks ago and stayed at my mother's house. I know she wouldn't buy any special sports packages but she had it on her cable system. I wanted it here in North Carolina and Time Warner said no. So I got Direct TV.

I agree that the NFL isn't playing fair but then so aren't most of the cable companies. They could afford to broadcast it if they chose. I say get a dish if your cable provider doesn't have it.

But certain people like your truely especially in NYC aren't allowed to have direct tv because developments have contracts or they say the dish de-faces the grounds.

Donger
11-14-2007, 01:34 PM
But certain people like your truely especially in NYC aren't allowed to have direct tv because developments have contracts or they say the dish de-faces the grounds.

That's not legal, IIRC.

MichaelH
11-14-2007, 01:36 PM

I'd move then.

Pushead2
11-14-2007, 01:36 PM
That's not legal, IIRC.

If you live in a private development they have the right to sign a contract with a cable provider that only they are allowed on grounds to install and such, it's total bullshit. I am trying to sneak a dish and stick it out the window on a piece of wood that I would roll out my kitchen window but I would need the guy there to install.

Skip Towne
11-14-2007, 01:38 PM
It is illegal for a development to deny permision to install a satellite system. They can put restrictions on to make it harder though.

Pushead2
11-14-2007, 01:38 PM
I'd move then.

alot of communities in Queens are like that. Almost 70% are like that. It's mostly because of the fact the dish de-faces the building.

Pushead2
11-14-2007, 01:39 PM
It is illegal for a development to deny permision to install a satellite system. They can put restrictions on to make it harder though.

hey, be my guest and help out lol. My lawyers said there is nothing they can do when they told me that when I bought the place, I find it ridiculous too because alot of places in NYC require you to pay a certain amount for the game except Hooters, It is in LI but it's worth the drive.

BigRedChief
11-14-2007, 01:48 PM
This seems somewhat silly. If you really want NFL Network (or Sunday Ticket), choose a provider that carries it.
Time Warner is the only cable choice out here. I use cable for broadband. Using satellitte for broadband sucks. I don't want to subscribe to Direct TV just to get the NFL network.

BigRedChief
11-14-2007, 01:50 PM

Put the NFL Network on cable. When the exclusive deal runs out with Direct TV let the Cable companies sell it too.Lest we forget...........

Both the Cable companies and the NFL say that Sunday Ticket has nothing whatsoever to do with this issue. But we all know thats public pr BS.

MichaelH
11-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Time Warner is the only cable choice out here. I use cable for broadband. Using satellitte for broadband sucks. I don't want to subscribe to Direct TV just to get the NFL network.

I'm not pitching Direct TV but it's worlds better than Time Warner cable. I use Time Warner for the cable internet and I'm happy. But the picture, sound quality and channel availability cannot compare to Direct TV. And it's cheaper.

Zman
11-14-2007, 01:58 PM
I HAVE EVEREST AND I HAVE IT I WOULD SWITCH TO EVEREST

Donger
11-14-2007, 02:01 PM

Can't you just use the cable to get Internet access, not TV?

Chief Chief
11-14-2007, 02:07 PM
alot of communities in Queens are like that. Almost 70% are like that. It's mostly because of the fact the dish de-faces the building.

But of course! Everyone knows that so many people are dying to move to Queens for the unmatched beautiful aesthetical qualities of the buildings, streets, alleys, etc., in the neighborhoods.

jjchieffan
11-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I dont get the exclusivity idea with the nfl. It seems to me that they could get more $ selling it to everyone. The way it is now seems to me would violate antitrust laws.

Third Eye
11-14-2007, 02:51 PM
I dont get the exclusivity idea with the nfl. It seems to me that they could get more $ selling it to everyone. The way it is now seems to me would violate antitrust laws.
Yes, but if every carrier had it, they wouldn't be able to charge as much per person. So while there would be more individual subscribers, competition would keep the price down, thereby delivering less profit. Supply and demand.

jjchieffan
11-14-2007, 03:19 PM
I understand supply and demand. But I look at it this way. D*ck TV has what, 10% of total subs, if that? If they pay $700 million for their 10%, the nfl could sell it to them for $400 million, Dish $400 million, Cable companies $1 Billion and come out way ahead. These numbers are probably not even close to accurate, just an example.

afchiefs
11-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Question?

I have Time warner with no NFL of coarse but they wanted to charge me $5/ month for DVR on one reciever. I do have HD. I was going to sign up with AT&T direct TV with 4 recievers, 2 with DVR and it was going to be cheaper but when push came to shove they said I had to have their high speed internet even though I don't have a computer at home and already use AT&T for long distance. My son-in-law has dish network with DVR and the NFL but no HD and doesn'y have high speed internet and his is cheaper than mine. Question is has anyone else ran across this? AT&T wanted to add 19.99/month for high speed that I wouldn't use. BS

RJ
11-14-2007, 04:04 PM
I don't feel sorry for the NFL or the cable companies. I do, however, feel sorry for me. I'm perfectly willing to pay for NFL Network but my only available cable company doesn't carry it. If I want to spring for Sunday ticket I have to switch to satellite. Not very customer friendly on anyone's part.

Mr. Plow
11-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Question?

I have Time warner with no NFL of coarse but they wanted to charge me $5/ month for DVR on one reciever. I do have HD. I was going to sign up with AT&T direct TV with 4 recievers, 2 with DVR and it was going to be cheaper but when push came to shove they said I had to have their high speed internet even though I don't have a computer at home and already use AT&T for long distance. My son-in-law has dish network with DVR and the NFL but no HD and doesn'y have high speed internet and his is cheaper than mine. Question is has anyone else ran across this? AT&T wanted to add 19.99/month for high speed that I wouldn't use. BS

**** A T & T. That is one company that if I never had to deal with again, I'd be happy. Not that our business is big money for them, but $4000/month isn't chump change for the shit ass technical "support" you get.

afchiefs
11-14-2007, 04:47 PM
**** A T & T. That is one company that if I never had to deal with again, I'd be happy. Not that our business is big money for them, but $4000/month isn't chump change for the shit ass technical "support" you get.

I agree but its my understanding that AT&T now owns 50 or 51% of Direct TV which was why they were pushing it.