View Full Version : Brodie Croyle Press Conference

Donger
11-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Up on kcchiefs.com

xbarretx
11-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Up on kcchiefs.com

link? all i see is Herm edwards from yesterday :(

EDIT - unless your pulling a super early April fools on us :o)

chasedude
11-14-2007, 03:30 PM
link? all i see is Herm edwards from yesterday :(

Ditto, I'm interested in what the kid has to say.

chop
11-14-2007, 03:33 PM
I just heard the interview. It was on the site.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/default.asp#

chop
11-14-2007, 03:35 PM
It's a video clip.

Fruit Ninja
11-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Damn, he said he can throw the ball 75 yards. lol

FAX
11-14-2007, 03:54 PM
This kid is great. Just a slow talkin', toe-drawn-in-the-dirt country boy. But, if you watch closely, from time to time, you can see a firey glint in his eye. That's the killer instinct lurking just beneath the surface. The unquenchable desire to rip a team's heart out and eat it raw while the blood drips slowly off his chin.

FAX

Tribal Warfare
11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Damn, he said he can throw the ball 75 yards. lol

I wonder if that's with accuracy, or he's just heaving it. I know that Favre's long ball can go 98 yards if he's straight out gunning it

boogblaster
11-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Croyle will be the man...Time will show ....

Sure-Oz
11-14-2007, 04:03 PM
I wonder if that's with accuracy, or he's just heaving it. I know that Favre's long ball can go 98 yards if he's straight out gunning it
It must be the wranglers

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2007, 04:04 PM
This kid is great. Just a slow talkin', toe-drawn-in-the-dirt country boy. But, if you watch closely, from time to time, you can see a firey glint in his eye. That's the killer instinct lurking just beneath the surface. The unquenchable desire to rip a team's heart out and eat it raw while the blood drips slowly off his chin.

FAX

It's possible that you have a non-sexual man-crush on Mr. Croyle.

Sorry if this is a re-post.

Rooster
11-14-2007, 04:04 PM
It must be the wranglers
ROFL ROFL

RustShack
11-14-2007, 04:05 PM
The future is here!

Bump
11-14-2007, 04:10 PM
I want to know what Jared Allen had to say!

FAX
11-14-2007, 04:11 PM
It's possible that you have a non-sexual man-crush on Mr. Croyle.

Sorry if this is a re-post.

I have high hopes for his future, that's for sure, Mr. DaneMcCloud. He took a hell of a beating for years at Bama just to get to this moment. You have to root for a guy like that.

FAX

doomy3
11-14-2007, 04:28 PM
I have high hopes for his future, that's for sure, Mr. DaneMcCloud. He took a hell of a beating for years at Bama just to get to this moment. You have to root for a guy like that.

FAX

And he will take a hell of a beating playing for the Chiefs this year. There is a fairly good chance he won't live to see another moment after this year.

Sanka
11-14-2007, 05:10 PM
The future is here!
Quoted for truth.

FAX
11-14-2007, 05:27 PM
And he will take a hell of a beating playing for the Chiefs this year. There is a fairly good chance he won't live to see another moment after this year.

He'll live, Mr. doomy3. Enemy defenses will wish he hadn't, though.

FAX

doomy3
11-14-2007, 05:34 PM
He'll live, Mr. doomy3. Enemy defenses will wish he hadn't, though.

FAX

I hope you're right, FAX. I hope to the Magic Gas Cloud you're right.

Hydrae
11-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Link (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/11/14/brodie_croyle_press_conference__1114/)

Brodie Croyle Press Conference 11/14
Nov 14, 2007, 5:49:18 PM

VIDEO: Windows | Real | Audio

Q: Did it feel any different today knowing that you are going to be the starter on Sunday?

CROYLE: It did a little bit, but I just have to go out there and try to get better with each play. Obviously it is a different feeling then going in knowing you are the back-up and knowing that you have to be ready to go in at any point and time. Now they are saying, here is the ball, go score some points, go win some games. So, its definitely different from that point of view.

Q: How helpful is it going to be that you have taken so many reps with the number one offense?

CROYLE: It helps out, especially today. We have pretty good timing already, but there are still things Im trying to find out about certain receivers, but well get there and try to get better.

Q: Do you like the idea of making your first NFL start on the road against the defending Super Bowl champs?

CROYLE: Why not? What better stage can you go into? Youre going in there and playing against one of the best quarterbacks that has ever played, playing a great defense and as you said, defending Super Bowl champs. You just go out there and play.

Q: Does it help that you got to prepare for this team last year in the playoffs?

CROYLE: It isnt (the same team), but there are a lot of similarities to the defense that we play. They are extremely fast, so we have to be quick on the reads and getting the ball out. If youre late, bad things can happen.

Q: Herm Edwards said that you dont have to be a leader; you just have to go out and play. Do you feel that way?

CROYLE: Right now that is all that I can do. For a guy that has never started a game, and for him to come in and try to give a rah-rah speech to a veteran offense, that would probably not go too far or too well. So Im just going to go in there, try to play well and win some games. When we do that, leadership kind of goes with that.

Q: Do you have butterflies in your stomach?

CROYLE: Im anxious. Im ready to get in there and this is obviously something that Ive been working for since I was a young kid. Its finally here, but starting is not my ultimate goal and we have a long way to go to reach that.

Q: How is your whole week going? Are you taking home more film? Are you doing things differently?

CROYLE: Im definitely spending more time here watching more film and preparing the way that a starter is supposed to prepare. Im definitely not seeing my wife as much. Thats the way it is and thats the way its supposed to be.

Q: Is there an advantage to having the entire playbook at your side, not just going in there down two scores at the end of a game?

CROYLE: It will obviously be a different situation then what Ive gone into in every game so far. Weve been playing catch-up and they knew that I was going to throw the ball. They knew what was coming, but Im excited about the opportunity to have them off-balance and able to throw the whole playbook at them and not just the two-minute offense.

Q: How do you take the disappointments of August into November?

CROYLE: I learned a lot from it and I learned a lot of things not to do. I learned some things that I had never; everything I had ever gone at to win Id usually won and I didnt do it. I had to learn how to deal with not winning a job or not whatever and that kind of helped me grow, mature and I think it ultimately might have helped me with my teammates. How they saw me regroup after all of that happened and when Ive had my opportunities to go in and play this year we didnt play like we did in the preseason and we didnt make the same mistakes. I think that it not only helped me, but it helped my teammates maybe have a little more confidence in me.

Q: Have you heard a lot from people from Alabama since it was announced that you won the starting job?

CROYLE: Everybody wants tickets, thats for sure, but thats the great part about playing down there and being a part of the University of Alabama. You have such a loyal fan base and such a large following. They are definitely still interested.

Q: Do you feel like you are better prepared to start now then you would have been in September?

CROYLE: Definitely. Any time you are around it a little more you learn with each week and each game. Im obviously more prepared now because they are starting me, so I guess that speaks that they believe I am ready to go.

Q: Have your teammates treated you any differently today?

CROYLE: DE Jared Allen isIm so ready for this week to be over with and for him to be quiet. He always has something smart to say, but that comes with it and I was expecting it.

Q: What did he say?

CROYLE: You dont want to know.

Q: Any other teammates said anything?

CROYLE: Its just little wise cracks about being a golden boy. Every crack that a quarterback gets Ive heard at least 10 times today, but thats to be expected.

Q: How far can you throw the ball?

CROYLE: I dont know, somewhere around 75 yards, give or take a couple yards.

Q: Can you take some velocity off of your passes?

CROYLE: If the wide receivers complain enough, I guess well take it off. There are times to gun it and there are times not to gun it, you just have to pick and choose those times.

Q: Does this compare to your first start in college?

CROYLE: Its kind of like the same thing. Arkansas was highly-ranked at the time and it was my first start going into a very loud environment. It had a lot of the same feelings, but college and pro football are two totally different things.

FAX
11-14-2007, 05:45 PM
I hope you're right, FAX. I hope to the Magic Gas Cloud you're right.

Well, it will come true then.

Croyle can light it up, Mr. doomy3. From the beginning of this deal, I've worried about how Croyle is going to deal with the Herm/Curl/Solari thumbcuffs, because the 500-short-dumpoffs-to-the-h-back strategy isn't really his style of play.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty stoked about this situation. Mainly because we have receivers in Bowe, Gonzo, Priest, and (hopefully) EK who can flat out catch the ball. Heck, even Parker is making tough catches. And, if you can bring in a Downfield pass, imagine what will happen when the ball comes to you in stride and hits you in the numbers.

This phase is going to be about reads, INTs, sacks, and fumbles. I have no doubt whatsoever that Brodie can move the chains and light up the scoreboard. What I don't know is how Croyle will play if he's scared to make a mistake that will piss off Herm. If Solari adjusts his playcalling a tad and allows Brodie do what he does best, we can be a very exciting and productive offense again.

FAX

Ari Chi3fs
11-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Im willing to spend a bit of time with Kelli Croyle while Brodie is working hard leading the Chiefs.

the Talking Can
11-14-2007, 05:55 PM
good interview...you've got like this kid...I'm feeling pretty giddy about watching a young QB play for KC....

please let the gods be on our side this time, in spite of Carl (whom we know they hate)

and Fax, I'm with you on the man-love...good to have someone around who has watched him play...

WhitiE
11-14-2007, 05:55 PM
ahahahaha "we were talking about you bein a fake red neck!"

BigMeatballDave
11-14-2007, 05:57 PM
I feel like the season has just started.

BigMeatballDave
11-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Im willing to spend a bit of time with Kelli Croyle while Brodie is working hard leading the Chiefs.I wonder if she gets lonely in that big house they have?

L.A. Chieffan
11-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Huard got screwed, Brodies not ready, he's gonna get killed behind our O-line, he couldn't win the job in pre-season, our recievers can't catch, Solari sucks, Carl is evil, Drummond blows, etc... etc...

WhitiE
11-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Huard got screwed, Brodies not ready, he's gonna get killed behind our O-line, he couldn't win the job in pre-season, our recievers can't catch, Solari sucks, Carl is evil, Drummond blows, etc... etc...
boooo

MVChiefFan
11-14-2007, 07:58 PM
I want to know what Jared Allen had to say!

"That dude has some sweet hair"

Easy 6
11-14-2007, 09:01 PM
He's gonna be a good one, i couldnt be more sure of it.

He really sounds mature beyond his years...just rollin' with it, Brodie is going to bring hope & excitement back to KC.

KC Tattoo
11-14-2007, 09:39 PM

We are beyond preseason. Brodie has had more time to practice and has shown the coaches something in practice and they believe it is time. Huard has sucked the life out of the Chiefs O. Huard is a sitting duck for defense to sack him he has no mobility "a statue". Croyle has mobility that will help him when he gets in trouble. Give the kid a chance and I think he will rock your socks off. It's going to take a few games but he can't do nothing on the bench to prove himself worthy of being our QB. Brodie got screwed in preseason much worse than Huard did during the regular season (Will Svitec VS Will Smith) At least Huard had some protection with D Macintosh at LT. Croyle had no protection at LT in preseason. I think Croyle has learned from all of that and is now going to learn and grow into a good QB for us and hopefully be our guy for years to come.

KCJohnny
11-14-2007, 09:47 PM
We are beyond preseason. Brodie has had more time to practice and has shown the coaches something in practice and they believe it is time. Huard has sucked the life out of the Chiefs O. Huard is a sitting duck for defense to sack him he has no mobility "a statue". Croyle has mobility that will help him when he gets in trouble. Give the kid a chance and I think he will rock your socks off. It's going to take a few games but he can't do nothing on the bench to prove himself worthy of being our QB. Brodie got screwed in preseason much worse than Huard did during the regular season (Will Svitec VS Will Smith) At least Huard had some protection with D Macintosh at LT. Croyle had no protection at LT in preseason. I think Croyle has learned from all of that and is now going to learn and grow into a good QB for us and hopefully be our guy for years to come.

Popular narrative, but not true. Huard was not what was wrong with this offense. If anything, he was what was right. You have the league's 30th ranked rushing attack with a PB RB and you blame the QB????? Chiefs QBs have been sacked more than all but 4 teams in the NFL. KC's #1 WR was injured on the first play of the season. How you can lay all that at the feet of Huard is amazing.
That said, Croyle will confuse defenses for the rest of the year since there is very little scouting tape on him. But he will face the same daunting challenges as Damon did without the experience.

the Talking Can
11-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Popular narrative, but not true. Huard was not what was wrong with this offense. If anything, he was what was right.

unreal

KC Tattoo
11-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Popular narrative, but not true. Huard was not what was wrong with this offense. If anything, he was what was right. You have the league's 30th ranked rushing attack with a PB RB and you blame the QB????? Chiefs QBs have been sacked more than all but 4 teams in the NFL. KC's #1 WR was injured on the first play of the season. How you can lay all that at the feet of Huard is amazing.
That said, Croyle will confuse defenses for the rest of the year since there is very little scouting tape on him. But he will face the same daunting challenges as Damon did without the experience.

So Huards 11 ints this season is becouse we don't have a running game?
Huard has struggled to get the ball to receivers even when he had time in the pocket. It's not all on Huard but a big part of it is. Huard has been slow with his reads, locks onto one receiver, has thrown more Ints than TDs. Huard puts more pressure on the running game becouse defenses aren't scared of him. 9 in the box, somebody would have one on one on the outside, get him the damn ball. It would help the O line if Huard could avoid the sack. He did it a couple of times, but not as much as he could have. People are still defending Huard after his putrid game against the Denver Jack Asss. Unfreaking believable. I don't expect Croyle to work any mericles but he should do better than Huard. It is the JOB of the QB to get the team to score points and if he is an 11 year VET he gets no excuse.

MadMax
11-14-2007, 10:16 PM

smells like sarcasm to me :)

MadMax
11-14-2007, 10:17 PM
I wonder if she gets lonely in that big house they have?

Damned sexual pretadors.. ROFL

C-Mac
11-14-2007, 10:18 PM

All due respect but Huard scared no opposing defense, they put 8 men in the box much of the time to make him beat them....he rarely did. With a weakened line and 8 men in the box, any running game would struggle. If Brodie does his reads quickly and properly, I expect a big difference in this offense on both running and passing. We shall see.

RustShack
11-14-2007, 10:26 PM
I wish people would shut the **** up about pre season. Manning sucked his rookie year, look at him now. Brady didn't even start in college, he backed up Drew Henson, look at how that turned out. Huard always sucks in pre season, but you want him to start because hes sucked his whole carear vs Croyles one preseaon he played in? Young QB's mature and get better the longer they are in the NFL and the more they play. Croyle is a big upgrade over Huard, if you don't see that you have to be retarded and just shouldn't bother arguing it.

KCJohnny
11-14-2007, 10:28 PM
All due respect but Huard scared no opposing defense, they put 8 men in the box much of the time to make him beat them....he rarely did. With a weakened line and 8 men in the box, any running game would struggle. If Brodie does his reads quickly and properly, I expect a big difference in this offense on both running and passing. We shall see.

Well, we just disagree about what part is the QB and what part is the HC and OC...

...not to mention that feeble OL...

wutamess
11-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Im willing to spend a bit of time with Kelli Croyle while Brodie is working hard leading the Chiefs.

I'm a MU fan, but that signature is funny as hell.
ROFL

talastan
11-14-2007, 11:20 PM
HAHAHAHA!! My adopted Chief is going to play!!

I'm so freaking stoked to see him develop and the thought of having our own home-grown KC Chieftian is defintely encouraging. I completely agree w/ Mr Fax I've downloaded and watched some game tape on Croyle's college days and he has the ability. Let's see if he has the brains!:)

RustShack
11-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Mine has been playing, JEFF WEBB!

talastan
11-14-2007, 11:39 PM
I've been wearing it every week. Glad to see it on the field starting the game. #12

http://a997.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/109/l_9c3042574c83ecbc056eddb1a723fcd4.jpg

RustShack
11-14-2007, 11:43 PM
I don't have any jerseys yet, but Croyle will be the first one I buy fo sho. I wanted the Chiefs to draft him so bad, I almost shit when they actually did too!

ChiefsCountry
11-15-2007, 12:08 AM
I probally will get a Croyle jersey as well.

BigMeatballDave
11-15-2007, 01:33 AM
Huard was not what was wrong with this offense. If anything, he was what was right. LMAO Now I've heard it all...

jjjayb
11-15-2007, 05:32 AM

You're right. Huard did get screwed. He got screwed when he was born with tunnel vision and a noodle arm. ;)

BigRedChief
11-15-2007, 05:53 AM
What I don't know is how Croyle will play if he's scared to make a mistake that will piss off Herm.
FAXHerm has already said that the change is permanent for this season. He has said that he knows that there is going to be bad interceptions and reads to deal with but if he keeps improving then , thats okay. He shouldn't have to be looking over his shoulder. But the pressure is good. You want to "The Man", a NFL QB on a winning team you have to perform under pressure.

We are going to have 7 games to evaluate Brodie to see if he really is the QOTF. Let's roll!

Direckshun
11-15-2007, 01:40 PM
75 yards!?

Croyle says he can throw the ball 75 yards!?

Pestilence
11-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Well....this is going to determine whether it's all Solari's playcalling. If he keeps calling the same plays even with Croyle's arm....then Solari is retarded. Hopefully we see some shots down the field in the 1st half.

talastan
11-15-2007, 01:47 PM
Brodie on a deep route to Bowe or Kennison for the first play of the game make the Colt's D honest. (Disclaimer: Possibly) Unless Solari or Herm freak out about turnovers than it will be Priest on a swing pass.

FAX
11-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Herm has already said that the change is permanent for this season. He has said that he knows that there is going to be bad interceptions and reads to deal with but if he keeps improving then , thats okay. He shouldn't have to be looking over his shoulder. But the pressure is good. You want to "The Man", a NFL QB on a winning team you have to perform under pressure.

We are going to have 7 games to evaluate Brodie to see if he really is the QOTF. Let's roll!

Croyle won't have a problem performing under pressure, Mr. BigRedChief. Certainly no moreso than any other red shirt rookie QB would have in the same situation. My concern has more to do with Herm's mega-focus on "not making mistakes" at the quarterback position. Brodie flings the rock. That's his game. It's more than possible that his instincts will be to go to a wideout when Herm would have preferred to throw to the back, or whatever. I'm pretty sure that he and Herm will get crosswise at some point.

Nevertheless, I hope you're right.

FAX

ChiefsCountry
11-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Really is the pressure in the NFL that different than those of in the SEC.

FAX
11-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Really is the pressure in the NFL that different than those of in the SEC.

Some SEC fans bring shotguns to games. So, no.

FAX

Otter
11-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Q: Do you like the idea of making your first NFL start on the road against the defending Super Bowl champs?

CROYLE: Why not? What better stage can you go into? Youre going in there and playing against one of the best quarterbacks that has ever played, playing a great defense and as you said, defending Super Bowl champs. You just go out there and play.

First game I give a shit about all season.

BRODIE!!!!!

chasedude
11-15-2007, 02:24 PM
May the Football Gods bless us with a quick, smart, accurate Brodie Croyle on Sunday! I want this kid to drop my jaw to the floor in awe of his prowess.

Ecto-I
11-15-2007, 02:40 PM

Hmmm....where did you hear this? The reason I ask is, a few years ago I was watching the "NFL Quarterback Challenge" and one of the contests was the long distance throw. I believe the winner was Kordell Stewart at 72 yards. Everyone else was between like 58-65 yards. I have a hard time believing that Favre can beat the best of that year by another 26 yards... :hmmm:

kcirnamffoh
11-15-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm just glad Croyle is in so all these extremely negative Chiefs' fans at this site will shut the **** up! Now maybe the dialog can get a little more positive. Man, it was getting to be like white noise coming to this site. Whiners can get so ... well ... whiny.

But as pissy as it sounded I hope they're right. Maybe Croyle can magically make the blocking this team lacks better. At the same time I hope it doesn't destroy him. Youth also can crack easier. Hopefully Croyle will have the moxie to overcome defeat.

penguinz
11-15-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm just glad Croyle is in so all these extremely negative Chiefs' fans at this site will shut the **** up! Now maybe the dialog can get a little more positive. Man, it was getting to be like white noise coming to this site. Whiners can get so ... well ... whiny.

But as pissy as it sounded I hope they're right. Maybe Croyle can magically make the blocking this team lacks better. At the same time I hope it doesn't destroy him. Youth also can crack easier. Hopefully Croyle will have the moxie to overcome defeat.
.I bet you pee sitting down.

kcirnamffoh
11-15-2007, 02:44 PM
I bet you pee sitting down.

I bet you never clean your toilet.

Otter
11-15-2007, 02:48 PM

Whiny Chiefs Fans = Incompetent Management

kcirnamffoh
11-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Whiny Chiefs Fans = Incompetent Management

Can't argue with that. For me, it just makes it a little harder to bear, that's all. But I do agree with ya on this.

penguinz
11-15-2007, 03:03 PM
I bet you never clean your toilet.
.You are correct. My wife cleans it.

KCJake
11-15-2007, 03:04 PM
:BS:

Kclee
11-15-2007, 03:13 PM
I know that he beat out the other Qbs at the Senior Bowl (Cutler included if my memory serves me correctly) w/a 75yrd bomb.

68 yard bomb. The next closest was like 62 yards. And Young I think threw it farther but it wasn't between the hash marks so it didn't count. Not even close.

beach tribe
11-15-2007, 03:14 PM
It is such a relief that we are actually ushering in our future.

Whew! It would have been a nightmare to watch Huard trot his ass back out onto the field.

BRODIE BABY!!! Just rolls off tongue doesn't it?

Pestilence
11-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Hmmm....where did you hear this? The reason I ask is, a few years ago I was watching the "NFL Quarterback Challenge" and one of the contests was the long distance throw. I believe the winner was Kordell Stewart at 72 yards. Everyone else was between like 58-65 yards. I have a hard time believing that Favre can beat the best of that year by another 26 yards... :hmmm:

I think he was talking about Favre's first season in the NFL. The other players would pay him money to see how far into the stands he could throw it. Dude used to be able to chuck it up to the third deck of the stadium.