PDA

View Full Version : I made this after the loss Sunday.

Otis99
11-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Fitting that this place is called 'The Doom Lounge' because that's sure how I was feeling after the game on Sunday afternoon.

I hear a lot of talk about parity in the league, how a team can go to the Super Bowl, fall into the ashes, rebuild, and make a comeback. I've seen this happen year after year. Cleveland sucks? Hey, they're back in contention this year. Remember a few years ago when Tampa was a laughingstock? Then they won the Super Bowl. And now they suck again. But for how long?

Well, if there's one thing that being a Chiefs fan has taught me it's that we don't play that game. Rebuilding years? What are those? We're always just good enough to make you think that we'll be great next year "if only we upgrade a few key positions" or "if we draft right and make the right moves in free agency".

Well, here it is. It's a graph of the last time each team in the league won a playoff game. Yeah, you probably figured that was coming. But have you ever seen such suckitude represented graphically?

http://www.otis.org/files/playoffs.jpg

The left side is the teams that have gone longest without a win. I threw the Texans on there even though I don't really think they count since they have only been in the league a few years. But there we are, just ahead of Detroit and Cincinnati. Each asterisk represents a Super Bowl win from 1993 - present.

In the last 4 seasons, exactly half of the teams in the league have won a playoff game. There's your parity right there. Meanwhile we're keeping the Bengals and Lions company over there on the left.

doomy3
11-14-2007, 06:41 PM
You must have a lot of time on your hands, Otis.

Otis99
11-14-2007, 06:43 PM
You must have a lot of time on your hands, Otis.

Actually, it didn't take too long to make. Maybe 30 minutes. I just looked the data up and then pasted the date of last playoff win into Excel, sorted by date, and hit the graph button.

But it sums up the frustration of being a Chiefs fan nicely, doesn't it?

Marcellus
11-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Very nice but a lot of work to just make yourself miserable at the end of it all.

Its kind of like that story you heard about the guy getting sodomized in jail with a broomstick. The story itself makes you wince and wish you never heard it.

This graph is like beeing forced to watch the video.

Hydrae
11-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Actually, it didn't take too long to make. Maybe 30 minutes. I just looked the data up and then pasted the date of last playoff win into Excel, sorted by date, and hit the graph button.

But it sums up the frustration of being a Chiefs fan nicely, doesn't it?

I am not sure "nicely" is the right term for this travesty. :shrug:

the Talking Can
11-14-2007, 06:49 PM
i'd like a graph of how many minutes of my life I've wasted on this joke of a franchise...

FAX
11-14-2007, 06:51 PM
That's nice, Mr. Otis99. Very well done.

I've been in the basement with the old bench grinder working on making a ritual seppuku blade out of a mixing spoon.

FAX

Baconeater
11-14-2007, 06:55 PM
That's definitely the best graphical representation of our suckitude I've ever seen. Nice work.

Rooster
11-15-2007, 03:08 PM
That is a very painful chart. :(

Ebolapox
11-15-2007, 03:13 PM
anyone wanna email that to clark hunt?

PHANTOM
11-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Didn't realize it had been that long for the Chargers (or Cowboys). Lions could get that win this year.

StcChief
11-15-2007, 04:38 PM
anyone wanna email that to clark hunt?
as if he doesn't know this.... may want to keep that under the rug.

kc rush
11-15-2007, 05:08 PM
I hear a lot of talk about parity in the league, how a team can go to the Super Bowl, fall into the ashes, rebuild, and make a comeback. I've seen this happen year after year. Cleveland sucks? Hey, they're back in contention this year. Remember a few years ago when Tampa was a laughingstock? Then they won the Super Bowl. And now they suck again. But for how long?

I thought the word of the day was parody.

movinbones
11-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Nothing is more painful than a statistical analysis of how bad you are.

KCJohnny
11-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Ouch.

Halfcan
11-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Nothing is more painful than a statistical analysis of how bad you are.

How about a SB graph-that would be worse.

RJ
11-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Otis, thanks for posting.......I think.

FAX
11-15-2007, 10:34 PM
While Mr. Otis99 has been hard at work, so have the Japanese!!!

http://www.influencemedia.com/citi/stup_inv_04.jpg

FAX

L.A. Chieffan
11-15-2007, 10:34 PM
WE SUCK, YAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!