PDA

View Full Version : What kind of contract will Jarad Allen deserve?

John_Wayne
11-15-2007, 07:35 AM
What WILL he get? What SHOULD he get? Will the negotiation become a drawn out mess? Or, will Carl get him locked up during the '07 season, like he should? Predictions............?

Chiefnj2
11-15-2007, 07:41 AM
6 years 40 million with 24 mil guaranteed.

StcChief
11-15-2007, 07:43 AM
see where he is at end of year... assuming he leads league in Sacks.

the 6 year 40 M with 20-24 guarantee wouldn't be out of question.

Make it performance based.

HypnotizedMonkey
11-15-2007, 07:48 AM
He's a star, he deserves to be paid like one.

Rooster
11-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Give him LJ's contract.

Pushead2
11-15-2007, 07:53 AM
One that keeps him here in KC for a bit.

jjchieffan
11-15-2007, 07:55 AM
He should get paid like what he is playing. The top young pass rushing defensive end in the league. He will not take less, and if Carl doesnt get the deal done, we will be getting 2 1st round draft picks because I guarantee you, someone will believe he is worth it.

penguinz
11-15-2007, 08:01 AM
He should get paid like what he is playing. The top young pass rushing defensive end in the league. He will not take less, and if Carl doesnt get the deal done, we will be getting 2 1st round draft picks because I guarantee you, someone will believe he is worth it.He is not worth 2 1sts plus a giant contract.

dj56dt58
11-15-2007, 08:06 AM
the option to have sex with brodies wife whenver he wants

John_Wayne
11-15-2007, 08:14 AM
Make it performance based .........cliche'

jjchieffan
He is not worth 2 1sts plus a giant contract.

I didnt say he was. I said someone will believe he is. I could see Daniel Snyder doing it. Shanarat would do it. Al Davis, Jerry Jones, I am sure there are others.

chasedude
Carl better treat this kid right or we'll be shopping for a new DE. I don't think we could find one any better than Jared with the resources the Chiefs have.

John_Wayne
11-15-2007, 08:15 AM
the option to have sex with brodies wife whenver he wants Is "Brodie's wife" going to find her way into every thread, no matter what the topic? :rolleyes:

KCFalcon59
11-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Is "Brodie's wife" going to find her way into every thread, no matter what the topic? :rolleyes:

Can't hurt.

Molitoth
11-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Give him LJ's contract.

:clap:

CupidStunt
11-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Protected.

$40M with $24M guaranteed is laughable. The bonus is near enough what it'll be, give or take a few million, but the overall value will be much greater, likely upwards of $60M over 6 years.

Don't forget, contracts are back-loaded and a lot of the value in NFL player's contracts comes in incentives. The deal Adrian Peterson signed as the #7 overall pick was heavily incentive-based and in order to max it out, he needed to rush for X yards, make Pro Bowls, win OROY, etc. He's already hit on a decent amount of them (has OROY locked up for $250,000, has rushed for over 1000yds. once already).

No way in hell the NFL's sack leader (keep it up, JA! Go for 20!) signs a deal that maxes out at $40M when other defensive players have deals that can escalate to twice that amount.

Bob Dole
11-15-2007, 10:58 AM
He's a star, he deserves to be paid like one.

Assuming he doesn't get suspended for a year due to one more DUI.

Which is the SOLE reason he hasn't gotten a new contract already.

BigChiefFan
11-15-2007, 11:06 AM

Bob,
I disagree. Carl could EASILY put clauses into the contract to protect the Chiefs and we have plenty of money to get it done right now. Carl is pulling his tough SOB shit right now rather than working to get a contract done. You see, Carl would rather save the money NOW, rather than biting the bullet and paying JA what he is worth. Carl is getting more bang for his buck presently and it's short-sightedness like that is why we continue to wallow in mediocrity. It's not like JA isn't in the long-term plan, what's the hold-up?

Chiefnj2
11-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Protected.

$40M with $24M guaranteed is laughable. The bonus is near enough what it'll be, give or take a few million, but the overall value will be much greater, likely upwards of $60M over 6 years.

Don't forget, contracts are back-loaded and a lot of the value in NFL player's contracts comes in incentives. The deal Adrian Peterson signed as the #7 overall pick was heavily incentive-based and in order to max it out, he needed to rush for X yards, make Pro Bowls, win OROY, etc. He's already hit on a decent amount of them (has OROY locked up for $250,000, has rushed for over 1000yds. once already).

No way in hell the NFL's sack leader (keep it up, JA! Go for 20!) signs a deal that maxes out at $40M when other defensive players have deals that can escalate to twice that amount.

6 years at 40M is realistic. The contracts you reference are garbage. Those end year amounts are never reached because teams aren't going to pay 9-13 million in base salary against the cap. You can call it what you want 7 years 1,598 million. The only amount that matters is the guaranteed money and the manageable yearly amounts. Those other contracts are designed to make agents look good and let teams cut players and/or renegotiate a few years down the line.

Mr. Laz
11-15-2007, 11:10 AM
hopefully the Chiefs can squeeze a low one out of him

Skip Towne
11-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Is "Brodie's wife" going to find her way into every thread, no matter what the topic? :rolleyes:
I hope so.

Bob Dole
11-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Bob,
I disagree. Carl could EASILY put clauses into the contract to protect the Chiefs and we have plenty of money to get it done right now.

Rumor has it that Allen's agent has stated that he will not sign a contract with any such clause. Bob Dole doesn't see ANY team offering a contract without it, since he's gone for a full season if/when he gets another DUI, but that's the rumor.

HypnotizedMonkey
11-15-2007, 11:51 AM

I don't think he'll get another DUI.

That IS why he hasn't gotten the contract, but apparently he's gotten his act together and he's playing great ball.. the production is there. The Chiefs need to see it consistently, and they're getting a pretty damn good look at it this year.
If he gets injured that's another story... but he will get paid. Carl knows what he has in #69.

Chiefnj2
11-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Has Carl ever signed a big name player to a contract early?

Lancetastic
11-15-2007, 12:20 PM
I sure hope his run defense improves. Denver picked on him all day.

BigChiefFan
11-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Rumor has it that Allen's agent has stated that he will not sign a contract with any such clause. Bob Dole doesn't see ANY team offering a contract without it, since he's gone for a full season if/when he gets another DUI, but that's the rumor.
I haven't heard that RUMOR, but I have heard JA's side claim that they haven't even been offered a contract and I believe it. I really believe Carl is out of touch and thinks the tough SOB stance will somehow low ball JAs agent into getting screwed. I don't see it happening in a timely fashion with Carl at the helm and it upsets me. Especially when I see teams like the Cowboys biting the bullet now for Tony Romo-they're thinking long-term and won't be getting into any bidding wars for his service. Carl hasn't even offered a contract. This has ugly written all over it.

Fruit Ninja
11-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Give him LJ's contract.He will laugh at that. He's not settling for less then 30 mill gaurantee'd. LJ's contract is Peanuts compared to Freeneys.

Douche Baggins
11-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Biggest deal in franchise history.

But it won't happen. He'll get slapped with the tag.

Fruit Ninja
11-15-2007, 07:12 PM
I sure hope his run defense improves. Denver picked on him all day.
It already has. Sometimes they guess and guess wrong, its going to happen. Just like when CB's sometimes try to jump the route, they guess wrong and get burned. It happens.

Fruit Ninja
11-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Biggest deal in franchise history.

But it won't happen. He'll get slapped with the tag.
Yeah, but if they do make a deal, its going to be in the 30M plus area.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Hopefully one with his name spelled correctly.

Marcellus
11-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Hopefully one with his name spelled correctly.
ROFL ROFL

barry_smilez20
11-15-2007, 07:34 PM
a stripper the night before every game and all the whiskey he can drink for 6 years

the Talking Can
11-15-2007, 07:39 PM

you'd rather **** Brodie?

Halfcan
11-15-2007, 08:11 PM
We need pics of Brodies wife in every thread.

evolve27
11-17-2007, 07:11 PM
7 years, 77 million after he single-handedly defeats Colts :)