afchiefs
11-15-2007, 12:45 PM
https://r.espn.go.com/espn/contests/theheismanvote/index

Vote for heisman.
Nissian has one vote and is letting this poll select their winner
Sorry if repost

Reaper16
11-15-2007, 12:47 PM
That list is stupid. The idea is stupid.

afchiefs
11-15-2007, 12:48 PM
then don't vote

DenverDanChiefsFan
11-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Couldn't it be because the kittens suck?

Reaper16
11-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Couldn't it be because the kittens suck?
Have fun sitting at home during the post-season. Man, PSU couldn't even make it to the Mineral Water Bowl this year. Wow.

Reaper16
11-15-2007, 12:52 PM
then don't vote
Oh, I voted. It's absurd that Chase is so far down that list. It's also absurd that Reesing isn't a nominee on the list, while the RB from Georgia Tech is. Crazy.

Rooster
11-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Have fun sitting at home during the post-season. Man, PSU couldn't even make it to the Mineral Water Bowl this year. Wow.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Reaper16
11-15-2007, 12:53 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Hey, if KU and MU talk shit on each other (as is thier right as rivals) then a Northwest Missouri guy can talk shit on Pitt State.

Sure-Oz
11-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Where is Todd Reesing?

Saulbadguy
11-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Pitt State sucks. Scoreboard.

Molitoth
11-15-2007, 01:06 PM

haha mineral water bowl.

kepp
11-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Honestly, I don't think Chase deserves the heisman. Isn't the heisman supposed to go to the *best* player in college football? I don't think that's him. If it were an MVP-type award, then I'd say he deserves it. But I don't believe he's the best overall player in college football.

KcMizzou
11-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Honestly, I don't think Chase deserves the heisman. Isn't the heisman supposed to go to the *best* player in college football? I don't think that's him. If it were an MVP-type award, then I'd say he deserves it. But I don't believe he's the best overall player in college football.I tend to agree.

Sure is nice to see his name on the lists though.

Reerun_KC
11-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Pitt State sucks. Scoreboard.

Holy Crap, a KSU basketball fan just dropped smack on PSU?

You have to be kidding right?

Reerun_KC
11-15-2007, 01:10 PM
I tend to agree.

Sure is nice to see his name on the lists though.

true, but Reesing doesnt deserve it either...

Saulbadguy
11-15-2007, 01:17 PM

God, you are a gigantic dumbass. PSU didn't make the playoffs, can you read?

Reaper16
11-15-2007, 01:19 PM
haha mineral water bowl.
Hey, don't knock it, now! It's a great game for the Excelsior Springs, MO, community where it is held. I live there. The game is played at a fantastic facility. Excelsior's football stadium is, like, 10 times better than Missouri Western State University's own facility.

Saulbadguy
11-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Hey, don't knock it, now! It's a great game for the Excelsior Springs, MO, community where it is held. I live there. The game is played at a fantastic facility. Excelsior's football stadium is, like, 10 times better than Missouri Western State University's own facility.
Agreed.

Reaper16
11-15-2007, 01:21 PM

What you didn't take into account was Saul's support of Washburn University athletics. Washburn, 6th seed in the Southwest Region playoffs, handed Pitt State the loss that prevented the Gorillas from getting into the playoffs.

Reerun_KC
11-15-2007, 01:22 PM
God, you are a gigantic dumbass. PSU didn't make the playoffs, can you read?

And yet, KSU has a great shot of not making a bowl game...

Nice Saul...

afchiefs
Where is Todd Reesing?
He's never been mentioned in anything I have read but he should be. Isn't he only a soph. or something? Maybe thats it.

Saulbadguy
What you didn't take into account was Saul's support of Washburn University athletics. Washburn, 6th seed in the Southwest Region playoffs, handed Pitt State the loss that prevented the Gorillas from getting into the playoffs.
We'll probably get rolled in the first round, but if we end up winning we travel to NWMSU. We came close to winning that game... :#

Reerun_KC
11-15-2007, 01:23 PM

I stand corrected....

Saulbadguy
11-15-2007, 01:24 PM
And yet, KSU has a great shot of not making a bowl game...

Nice Saul...
Do you understand English?

Saulbadguy
11-15-2007, 01:24 PM
I stand corrected....
And yet, still a moron. I feel it is best you just hop on my ignore list. Bye bye.

Reaper16
11-15-2007, 01:26 PM
We'll probably get rolled in the first round, but if we end up winning we travel to NWMSU. We came close to winning that game... :#
On one hand, I always want the MIAA to beat crappy LSC teams. And I think Washburn will win that game; they're a road team that's been playing very well down the stretch.

On the other hand, Washburn is a road team that's been playing very well down the stretch. WU proved that they can hang with [this year's mentally deficient] Bearcats squad, in Maryville, and I don't really want to have to play them again.

Reaper16
11-15-2007, 01:27 PM
... and we've officially hijacked this thread.

JBucc
11-15-2007, 01:27 PM
The Heisman has become a joke. I hope whoever wins boycotts it. Go to NY, wait til they call your name, then leave. Same with the BCS national championship. Go to the city, practice like normal, then at game time, go home.

Reerun_KC
11-15-2007, 01:28 PM
And yet, still a moron. I feel it is best you just hop on my ignore list. Bye bye.
Good Idea, welcome to my CPiggy....

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-15-2007, 03:00 PM

He's also a Washburn University fan.

Demonpenz
11-15-2007, 03:16 PM
fight on griffons

DaKCMan AP
11-15-2007, 03:28 PM
#2 in the country in passing efficiency
#1 in the country in yards per attempt
Over 2500yds passing
Over 700yds rushing
23TD passes to 5 INTs
19TD rushes

Tim Tebow, bitches!

OmahaChief
11-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Over 2500yds passing
Over 700yds rushing
23TD passes to 5 INTs
19TD rushes

Tim Tebow, bitches!

I think you meant to say Tim Tebow is a bitch.

DaKCMan AP
11-16-2007, 08:33 AM
I think you meant to say Tim Tebow is a bitch.

No, but he'll make you his.

beer bacon
11-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Graham Harrell: 4,900 passing yards, 74% completions, and 46 TDs. The stats don't lie!

Reerun_KC
11-16-2007, 08:38 AM
He's also a Washburn University fan.
that is okay, he is a major vagina as well, I dealt with him on other boards and have zero respect for the guy.....

He can ignore me, its okay, I will still bash him regularly..

Reerun_KC
11-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Graham Harrell: 4,900 passing yards, 74% completions, and 46 TDs. The stats don't lie!

Who is that?

Reerun_KC
11-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Over 2500yds passing
Over 700yds rushing
23TD passes to 5 INTs
19TD rushes

Tim Tebow, bitches!

He is a stud that is for sure.

But who are the bitches?

DaKCMan AP
11-16-2007, 08:40 AM
He is a stud that is for sure.

But who are the bitches?

Apparently OmahaChief :D

Reerun_KC
11-16-2007, 08:43 AM
LMAO

Awesome...

I will be glad when the MU/KU game is over...

Maybe people will start back with rationality agian?

beer bacon
11-16-2007, 08:44 AM
LMAO

Awesome...

I will be glad when the MU/KU game is over...

They don't call this place The Rationality Lounge for nothing.

Reerun_KC
11-16-2007, 08:47 AM
They don't call this place The Rationality Lounge for nothing.

LMAO Mods? Can you change the name?

pikesome
11-16-2007, 08:50 AM

Did they ever?

OmahaChief
11-16-2007, 12:52 PM

It would appear that Geogia, LSU and Aubrun made Tebow their bitch. You forgot to mention the three losses that are hung on Tebow this year. I think it is pretty clear that at this point Tebow and the rest for the Gators are the bitches, at least that is what the scoreboard would should tell you.

pikesome
11-16-2007, 01:01 PM
It would appear that Geogia, LSU and Aubrun made Tebow their bitch. You forgot to mention the three losses that are hung on Tebow this year. I think it is pretty clear that at this point Tebow and the rest for the Gators are the bitches, at least that is what the scoreboard would should tell you.

You're aware, right, that there are other players on this team? Tebow doesn't go out on the field by himself and play? This isn't the NBA, it takes more than one player to field a team.

I'm not really concerned who wins, Reesing would be nice but he doesn't deserve it. Tebow's not a bad choice, all things considered.

DaKCMan AP
11-16-2007, 01:03 PM

Most of the blame for all 3 losses goes to the defense. Regardless, wins and losses come as a team. Heisman is an individual award recognizing college football's most outstanding player, not the most outstanding player on the most outstanding team. That is why Tebow should receive major consideration. He's gone out and performed better than most players in the country against real competition. Can't say the same for many others.

Reerun_KC
11-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Most of the blame for all 3 losses goes to the defense. Regardless, wins and losses come as a team. Heisman is an individual award recognizing college football's most outstanding player, not the most outstanding player on the most outstanding team. That is why Tebow should receive major consideration. He's gone out and performed better than most players in the country against real competition. Can't say the same for many others.

When did that happen? The Heisman is all about the best player on the best team...

IF that was true, guys like Reesing, Tebow and Daniel would both be in the hunt. They mean more to their respected teams then people who are actually in the race...

Otherwise people like Troy Smith last year wouldnt of won it.

DaKCMan AP
11-16-2007, 01:08 PM
When did that happen? The Heisman is all about the best player on the best team...

IF that was true, guys like Reesing, Tebow and Daniel would both be in the hunt. They mean more to their respected teams then people who are actually in the race...

Otherwise people like Troy Smith last year wouldnt of won it.

That's how the voting goes sometimes, but the purpose of the award is to designate the most outstanding college football player.

Reerun_KC
11-16-2007, 01:09 PM
That's how the voting goes sometimes, but the purpose of the award is to designate the most outstanding college football player.
understand....

DaKCMan AP
11-16-2007, 01:15 PM
understand....

It does go both ways. For instance, strong arguments could be made against Chris Weinke, Eric Crouch, Jason White, etc.

However, Rashaan Salaam, Ron Dayne and Ricky Williams were not on the best teams.

Alec R
11-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Well then Dixon or McFadden should win it, not Tim Tebow.

Sorry SEC homer, but Tebow isnt the best player in the nation.

DaKCMan AP
11-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Well then Dixon or McFadden should win it, not Tim Tebow.

Sorry SEC homer, but Tebow isnt the best player in the nation.

Offer anything more than just opinion? McFadden is probably the best talent in the country, but he's had one monster game this year and been held in check otherwise.

Tebow's numbers (passing and rushing) are better than Dixon's.

Dixon: 161.9 rating, 2136 pass yards, 20TDs, 4ints, 583 rush yards, 9TDs
Tebow: 177.1 rating, 2532 pass yards, 23TDs, 5ints, 718 rush yards, 19TDs

OmahaChief
11-16-2007, 01:41 PM
You're aware, right, that there are other players on this team? Tebow doesn't go out on the field by himself and play? This isn't the NBA, it takes more than one player to field a team.

I'm not really concerned who wins, Reesing would be nice but he doesn't deserve it. Tebow's not a bad choice, all things considered.

Tell the media that. All they talk about is Tebow. Hardly a mention of his teammates. The only one ever mentioned is Harvin. If Tebow is going to get all the praise as an indivual then he needs to take the blame as well.

DaKCMan AP
11-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Tell the media that. All they talk about is Tebow. Hardly a mention of his teammates. The only one ever mentioned is Harvin. If Tebow is going to get all the praise as an indivual then he needs to take the blame as well.

Quit whining and get used to it. You're gonna hear about Tebow for another two years.

OmahaChief
11-16-2007, 01:46 PM

One thing we can agree on is he does deserve consideration for the award. I see the words "real competition" as a shot at the Big 12 Heisman hopefuls which I sure it is. Check Flordia's OOC schedule it is not that tough either. If the only real competition is in the SEC I guess no one else should ever win the award. I know you did not say the SEC is the only real competitive confernce around but most of us know you SEC honks think that way. It is a great confernence without a doubt but not the only place that good football is played contrary to what SEC fan and a good portion of the media would lead you to believe. It is not that I hate Tebow, it is a hate the media inflated version of him. He seems like a humble down to earth kid when I see him on TV and hear him on the radio which is something I think embodies what the Heisman is.

DaKCMan AP
11-16-2007, 01:51 PM
One thing we can agree on is he does deserve consideration for the award. I see the words "real competition" as a shot at the Big 12 Heisman hopefuls which I sure it is. Check Flordia's OOC schedule it is not that tough either. If the only real competition is in the SEC I guess no one else should ever win the award. I know you did not say the SEC is the only real competitive confernce around but most of us know you SEC honks think that way. It is a great confernence without a doubt but not the only place that good football is played contrary to what SEC fan and a good portion of the media would lead you to believe. It is not that I hate Tebow, it is a hate the media inflated version of him. He seems like a humble down to earth kid when I see him on TV and hear him on the radio which is something I think embodies what the Heisman is.

Yeah, it was a little shot. That accusation will change over the next couple of weeks, however. I can understand how the media overplays stuff and how the reaction to that can sometimes result in angst against the player. Of course I have my bias about the SEC, but there is some very good football played elsewhere, no doubt. I would love to see how the Big XII and Pac-10's best matches up to the SEC's best. I already know how it works out with the Big 10 and the ACC is complete crap.

Skip Towne
11-16-2007, 01:53 PM
that is okay, he is a major vagina as well, I dealt with him on other boards and have zero respect for the guy.....

He can ignore me, its okay, I will still bash him regularly..
I'll quote you so he can see your bashings.

beer bacon
11-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Offer anything more than just opinion? McFadden is probably the best talent in the country, but he's had one monster game this year and been held in check otherwise.

Tebow's numbers (passing and rushing) are better than Dixon's.

Dixon: 161.9 rating, 2136 pass yards, 20TDs, 4ints, 583 rush yards, 9TDs
Tebow: 177.1 rating, 2532 pass yards, 23TDs, 5ints, 718 rush yards, 19TDs

Harrell: 165.8 rating, 4878 pass yards, 43 TDs, 12 INTs, -75 rushing yards, 3 TDs

DaKCMan AP
11-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Harrell: 165.8 rating, 4878 pass yards, 43 TDs, 12 INTs, -75 rushing yards, 3 TDs

How'd he do against top competition (Mizzou)?

Frazod
11-16-2007, 02:47 PM

We must all remember the day that Mr. Florida referred to Missouri as "top competition." :D

DaKCMan AP
11-16-2007, 02:51 PM
We must all remember the day that Mr. Florida referred to Missouri as "top competition." :D

Should become a national holiday.

beer bacon
11-16-2007, 02:53 PM

Mizzou was his worst game of the season with 397 yards, 1 TD, and 4 INTs.

Against Texas he had 466 yards, 5 TDs, and 1 INT. Against A&M he had 425, 3 passing TDs, and one rushing.

Thig Lyfe
11-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Where is Todd Reesing?

No Reesing = list invalid

DaKCMan AP
11-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Mizzou was his worst game of the season with 397 yards, 1 TD, and 4 INTs.

Against Texas he had 466 yards, 5 TDs, and 1 INT. Against A&M he had 425, 3 passing TDs, and one rushing.

Texas (this year) and Texas A&M don't qualify as top competition.

beer bacon
11-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Texas (this year) and Texas A&M don't qualify as top competition.

Harrell doesn't play in the SEC, so I guess he is screwed.

Mr. Laz
11-16-2007, 03:00 PM
one write-in for Todd Reesing ..... thanks for the head's up. :thumb:

Frazod
11-16-2007, 03:14 PM
:)

beer bacon
11-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Here is Tebow's stats against "top competition." I defined "top competition" as a team with a better BCS rank then Texas' #13.

Against LSU: 12 for 26: 158 passing yards, 2 pass TDs, 1 INT, 16 rushes for 67 yards, 1 rushing TD

Against Georgia: 14 for 22: 236 yards, 1 pass TD, 13 rushes for -15 yards, 2 rushing TDs

Extremely impressive.

DaKCMan AP
11-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Here is Tebow's stats against "top competition." I defined "top competition" as a team with a better BCS rank then Texas' #13.

Against LSU: 12 for 26: 158 passing yards, 2 pass TDs, 1 INT, 16 rushes for 67 yards, 1 rushing TD

Against Georgia: 14 for 22: 236 yards, 1 pass TD, 13 rushes for -15 yards, 2 rushing TDs

Extremely impressive.

So he averaged 3TDs and 1 INT against top competition compared to Harrell's 1TD and 4INTs??

Spott
11-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Over 2500yds passing
Over 700yds rushing
23TD passes to 5 INTs
19TD rushes

Tim Tebow, bitches!

The great white hype can have his trophy. I'll take a QB that can actually throw a spiral and still has a chance to contend for a title.

ClevelandBronco
11-16-2007, 03:39 PM

I cast my write-in vote for Reaper16.

DaKCMan AP
11-16-2007, 03:44 PM
The great white hype can have his trophy. I'll take a QB that can actually throw a spiral and still has a chance to contend for a title.

Yeah, Tebow can't throw a spiral. He's a true sophomore. He'll contend for titles over the next 2 years. :rolleyes:

KILLER_CLOWN
11-16-2007, 03:45 PM
one write-in for Todd Reesing ..... thanks for the head's up. :thumb:

Same here, for obvious reasons.

Reaper16
11-16-2007, 04:59 PM
I cast my write-in vote for Reaper16.
Hell yeah!